TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WRB question, chart
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:00 am 

I guess it's because I'm a coder, but the first thing I wonder is if the technique is objective enough--parametric enough--to be coded. Of course the holy grail is for automated trading, but really I'm more interested in simply being detectable by software, so there can be some kind of indication or alarm--maybe have s/r regions highlighted on the chart as they form (and removed as they are invalidated). Is the analysis highly subjective, or relatively objective?

Here is a trade from yesterday on NQ. 1750.25 was the overnight low, and a .500 retracement level was 1751.00, so it was a critical support. Stochastic of RSI crossed over at that point, as well as a hook from extremes on 3 minute cci, as an entry signal to go long. The first target was .382 retracement at 1758.00, and cci gave a hook from extremes as an indication to take profit, though the pullback rallied to .500, then higher near the end of day. Since there's not a lot of price action at that point, I also included the entire trading day in the same time frame. I normally trade off of 5 minute charts, and use longer time frames to figure support and resistance based on fibs and wave symmetry.

The chart are based on exchange time, and this was for yesterday, November 30.

Attachments:
File comment: 5 min NQ trade
Screen shot 2009-11-30 at 10.03.18 AM copy.png
Screen shot 2009-11-30 at 10.03.18 AM copy.png [ 43.88 KiB | Viewed 410 times ]
File comment: 3 min NQ cci
Screen shot 2009-11-30 at 10.04.30 AM copy.png
Screen shot 2009-11-30 at 10.04.30 AM copy.png [ 31.2 KiB | Viewed 2269 times ]
File comment: 5 min NQ day view
Screen shot 2009-12-01 at 10.41.40 PM.png
Screen shot 2009-12-01 at 10.41.40 PM.png [ 46.5 KiB | Viewed 353 times ]

Post subject: Re: WRB question, chart
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:43 am 
Site Admin

Hi codehead,

Thanks for the questions and charts.

Quote:
Is the analysis highly subjective, or relatively objective?

Each tutorial chapters has specific objective rules about what is a WRB, WRB Hidden GAP or WRB S/R Zone. However, the WRB and WRB Hidden GAP can be easily coded by someone interested in coding such. The problem is the WRB S/R Zone. I have several hard core coders and none of them have been able to code the WRB S/R Zones with accuracy even though they stated prior to purchase that any objective rules can be coded. I myself am not a programmer nor do I use codes.

I've reposted your chart below with some annotations. The green highlight area is open WRB S/R Zones and the gray highlight are closed WRB S/R Zones when the price action filled in the zone. You'll also see the words WRB 1 and WRB 2. That's to show you that WRB's can be used as profit targets. Simply, exit the trade at/near your profit target when a WRB appears (WRB 2) or via using the price action of a key change in supply/demand (WRB 1 via the open price of that red interval). Another option is to use WRB S/R Zones for profit targets.

With that said, I've now included you on the access list for the 30 day free trial and the link below is now valid for you to access the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 version 2.0 study guide that represent the basic tutorial chapters. You'll have access for 30 days in which I will provide support to your questions while you merge WRB Analysis into whatever trade signal strategies you're using to help improve the performance of your trade strategies.

To determine the merits of the WRB Analysis Tutorials...you simply compare the results of your trade signals within the WRB S/R Zones versus the results of your trade signals that didn't occur within WRB S/R Zones.

Note: Please read the WRB Analysis Tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 study guide at the below link prior to asking any more questions about WRB Analysis.

http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=61

In contrast, the advance tutorial chapters are 4 - 12 are price at $75 per chapter and you qualify for the special discount offers at the below link.

http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=165

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com

Attachment:
codehead_NQ_5min.png
codehead_NQ_5min.png [ 40.06 KiB | Viewed 427 times ]