TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WRB Questions
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:24 am 

Greetings!

So a few questions....I use constant volume bars and a low value (700 contracts for FESX) at that so that I can quickly see volumes impact on price. This can cause noise which is part of my dilemma, distinguishing valid PA from non-valid PA hence my interest in WRB. I’ve read prior comments on usage with fixed volume bars. So my question is if the value of WRB decreases the lower that chart presentation settings are set? Ie, sub 1 minute if time based, sub ‘xxx’ volume if volume based?

Are there professional (non-retail) traders using WRB concepts? Not asking about your clients but rather if you have knowledge if WRB principles are known and used within some professional trading circles?

Much appreciated!

Attachments:
FESX Chart.JPG
FESX Chart.JPG [ 42.45 KiB | Viewed 331 times ]

Post subject: Re: WRB Questions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Dosjots,

Thanks for the questions and chart.

Quote:
I use constant volume bars and a low value (700 contracts for FESX) at that so that I can quickly see volumes impact on price. This can cause noise which is part of my dilemma, distinguishing valid PA from non-valid PA hence my interest in WRB. I’ve read prior comments on usage with fixed volume bars. So my question is if the value of WRB decreases the lower that chart presentation settings are set? Ie, sub 1 minute if time based, sub ‘xxx’ volume if volume based?

First of all, for those reading this Q & A thread and don't know what is the FESX, it's the DJ EuroStoxx 50 on the Eurex exchange in Europe and the DJ stands for Dow Jones.

Hmmm...are you saying that volume bars can cause noise or that your use of the 700 contracts (low value) causes noise that makes it difficult with understanding the price action? Also, I'm having a little trouble in understanding the last question above. I'll try to answer via saying that the value or importance of WRBs do not decrease as chart frames get smaller. Only difference is that WRB S/R Zones tend to have smaller lifespan on sub 1 minute time frames.

Quote:
Are there professional (non-retail) traders using WRB concepts? Not asking about your clients but rather if you have knowledge if WRB principles are known and used within some professional trading circles?

Yes there are a several professional (non-retail) traders using WRB concepts along with their other trading approaches. Yet, they purchase the info for themselves and not via any recommendation from those they work for. In addition, there are retail traders that use to be professional (e.g. hedge funds, banks, institutional et cetera) using my WRB concepts after quitting their jobs or taken a long absence of leave to test trading on their own. However, most have made their own personal changes to it to suit their own trading requirments which is something I highly recommend because it's a tough act for any trader to use something as is without any adjustments to make it suitable for their own type of trading.

By the way, I can't annotate your chart with accuracy with any WRB S/R Zones until I know what day it is and I'm assuming the times shown are North America eastern standard time. However, here's one WRB S/R Zone until I know more info about the date and time zone.

With that said, I've now included you on the access list for the 30 day free trial and the link below is now valid for you to access the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 version 2.0 study guide that represent the basic tutorial chapters. You'll have access for 30 days in which I will provide support to your questions while you merge WRB Analysis into whatever trade signal strategies you're using to help improve the performance of your trade strategies.

To determine the merits of the WRB Analysis Tutorials...you simply compare the results of your trade signals within the WRB S/R Zones versus the results of your trade signals that didn't occur within WRB S/R Zones.

Note: Please read the WRB Analysis Tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 study guide at the below link prior to asking any more questions about WRB Analysis.

http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=61

In contrast, the advance tutorial chapters are 4 - 12 are price at $75 per chapter and you qualify for the special discount offers at the below link.

http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=165

Attachment:
Dosjots_FESX.png
Dosjots_FESX.png [ 193.88 KiB | Viewed 397 times ]

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com