TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Back to Back (Consecutive WRBs)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

wrblearner wrote:
Thanks for your earlier replies to my questions.

I have a question and would appreciate your reply to this as well.

1) Assuming price is moving up.
Candles c1, c2, c3 and c4 are all moving up and c4 > c3 > c2 > c1

So, now we have a WRB candle c4.

And then, the next candle c5 is such that it is >c4. That is, c5> c4 > c3 > c2 > c1

My question is:
In the above situation, would you take only c5 as the WRB or include both c4 and c5 as one big WRB?

Thanks.

wrbtrader wrote:
...Simply, in some price actions...the c4 may be important as a key change in supply/demand while the c5 is not while in other price actions the c5 is important as a key change in supply/demand while the c4 is not and then there's the rare situation where both c4 and c5 are important. However, in that rare situation where both c4 and c5 are important...you cannot merge them into one big WRB S/R Zone because the odds of c4 and c5 being created by the same WRB tutorial chapter is even more rare...

The below attached chart is in response to wrblearner question involving consecutive WRB's @ viewtopic.php?f=5&t=405&p=484#p484

However, my chart example involves price movement going down as in c1 < c2 < c3 < c4 < c5.

wrb 1 = c4
wrb 2 = c5
wrb 3 = c4
wrb 4 = c5

The WRBs with the color highlights are the important WRBs that represent a key change in supply/demand and they are then called WRB S/R Zones. All the 4 of the WRB's are via a different tutorial chapter. Thus, you cannot combine wrb 1 and 2 to make one big WRB S/R Zone and the same is true for wrb 3 and 4. However, had wrb 1 and 2 occur via the same WRB tutorial chapter...that's when you can combine them to make one big WRB S/R Zone and the same is true for wrb 4 and 5.

However, as noted in my above reply, you may see back to back (consecutive) WRBs but it's not common to see back to back (consecutive) WRB S/R Zones. Thus, not all WRBs qualify as a WRB S/R Zone as in a key change in supply/demand. In addition, it's even more rare to see back to back (consecutive) WRB S/R Zones via the same tutorial chapter as in via being produced by the same market reason.

Simply, try to look at wrb 1 and wrb 3 as the confirmation WRBs that a key change in supply/demand has occurred and look at wrb 2 and wrb 4 as a continuation of the price action confirmed by the prior wrb regardless if the continuation wrb is gaining strength (directional movement will continue) or becoming exhausted (increases the chance of a reversal).

Also, take a close look at wrb 4 in comparison to wrb 3. The color highlights implies that wrb 3 became a WRB S/R Zone upon completion of it's interval whereas wrb 4 was not important (gray highlight) until the price action did something very unique (not rare) that converted that WRB into a WRB S/R Zone (blue highlight).

Regardless, all the WRBs annotated on that chart have a lifespan that ended where the highlight ends and that in itself can differentiate one WRB S/R Zone from another WRB S/R Zone as stated in the advance WRB Analysis Tutorial chapters 4 - 12.

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com

Attachments:
111609_Forex_Currency_USDCHF.png
111609_Forex_Currency_USDCHF.png [ 71.75 KiB | Viewed 479 times ]

Post subject: Re: Back to Back (Consecutive WRBs)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:17 am 

Thanks for your reply.

I got lost as to where to post my questions. I'll start posting my charts/questions here from now on.

Post subject: Example Chart for analysis
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:27 am 

I have attached today's(11/17) USD/JPY M5 chart.

In the box A, there are two WRBs.

In the area marked by box B, price reacted at a certain level. How can I use WRB to spot which level price would react in that area - whether the last WRB or the one before that?

Thanks.

Attachments:
usdjpy.gif
usdjpy.gif [ 35.53 KiB | Viewed 425 times ]

Post subject: Re: Example Chart for analysis
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

wrblearner wrote:
I have attached today's(11/17) USD/JPY M5 chart.

In the box A, there are two WRBs.

In the area marked by box B, price reacted at a certain level. How can I use WRB to spot which level price would react in that area - whether the last WRB or the one before that?

Thanks.

Hi,

The WRB Analysis Tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 v2.0 (study guide) is at http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=418 and it's very helpful if you refer to specific information in the tutorials when you have questions about WRBs or WRB S/R Zones on your chart. That will help others learn too when they read your message post and my replies.

With that said, both your WRB's within Box A are not WRB S/R Zones all by themselves as described in the tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3. In fact, one of them is not a WRB Hidden GAP as described in tutorial chpater 1. In addition, that price action (Box A) itself did not occur within any known prior WRB S/R Zone.

However, you mention before that your entry signals involves Japanese Candlestick patterns. Therefore, candlestick patterns can be used to generated WRB S/R Zones as any other trade signal you may be using as described in detail in tutorial chapter 3.

Simply, Box A itself has a bullish harami and a bullish white hammer pattern. Thus, the price action of any of those candlestick patterns can be used to generate a WRB S/R Zone as explained in tutorial chapter 3.

As for Box B, there's no WRB S/R Zone.

Last of all, see my attached chart of WRB S/R Zones I saw although I didn't include the bullish harami price action as a tutorial chapter 3 WRB S/R Zone that would have overalp the WRB S/R Zone 2 shown on the chart. Simply, this is a rare situation where WRB S/R Zones from the same tutorial chapter 3 can be merged as one WRB S/R Zone although the lifespan of that zone had closed a few intervals before the appearance of WRB S/R Zone #3.

Attachment:
111709_Forex_USDJPY_Traders.png
111709_Forex_USDJPY_Traders.png [ 58.08 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com