TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need help to improve my trading strategy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:17 am 

Hello Sir,

Right now I am trading in indian market of NSE/BSE in Cash and future. Below is my trading strategy -

I look for stocks which are consolidating and comes under IB (Inside Bar) or NR4 scanner. After that I trade in the direction of the breakout with the SL of the reverse.
For example a stock last day high is 100 and low is 98. Next day I would buy this stock above 100.1 or sell below 97.9 with SL above day high in case of short and vice versa.

But my concern is that not all the IB+NR4 setup works perfectly and I experience some failures as well so I looking for some way which can help me filter the failures beforehand. I am positive that your price action theory can help me achieve that.

Attaching a chart for your review. You can see that the chart has candlesticks with yellow colour circles which are Inside Bars, Pink colour star which are IB+NR4 and blue stars which are IB+NR7.
If you see the chart with red arrows marked you will see that most of them worked either gives little profits or huge. A single trade with yellow arrow didnt work and there are so many other trades like this on other charts as well which fails but I am not able to crack it so far why they fail.

Need your assistance in fixing that. Also if you see at one recent candle I have encircled in Auqa colour. After that day a big blow was seen in this stock. My question is how to spot these opportunities before the breakout happen. If you notice that small bar is neither a IB and nor NR4 or NR7.

Looking forward for your help to improve my trading with WRB.

Thanks
Abhinav

Attachments:
File comment: SBIN chart with my trade setup
SBIN.png
SBIN.png [ 38.22 KiB | Viewed 334 times ]

Post subject: Re: Need help to improve my trading strategy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:27 am 

Attaching a couple of more charts for your reference. All white circle trades with IB or IB+NR4 or NR7 have failed due to some reason and I am in search of that reason. Some other trades worked properly and some didnt give my return but worked partially.

Please help me understand the logic of these failed trades with the help of price and volume action. I would be grateful.

Thanks
Abhinav

Attachments:
dlf.png
dlf.png [ 39.45 KiB | Viewed 402 times ]
unitech.png
unitech.png [ 40.37 KiB | Viewed 334 times ]

Post subject: Re: Need help to improve my trading strategy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:34 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

You now have access to the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 3 v2.1 (study guide) within your private thread @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=108 and I look forward to helping you integrate WRB Analysis into your trade method to improve the performance of your trade method.

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader and http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com