TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Questions 2 - WRB Analysis
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:58 am 

1. Does WRB Analysis provide any clues how to deal with uncomfortable market conditions: low volatility periods and choppy market?
2. Can WRB Analysis give better understanding of when to expect big market moves or trendy days?
3. There should be many trade setups that produced by 17 different strategies of WRB Analysis - are there any rules how to identify and choose the most reliable of them?
4. One of the WRB Analysis strategies is "Volume Spread Analysis" - could you explain what it is?

Best regards,
dDima

Attachments:
es.JPG
es.JPG [ 157.24 KiB | Viewed 2064 times ]

Post subject: Re: Questions 2 - WRB Analysis
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

dDima wrote:
1. Does WRB Analysis provide any clues how to deal with uncomfortable market conditions: low volatility periods and choppy market?
2. Can WRB Analysis give better understanding of when to expect big market moves or trendy days?
3. There should be many trade setups that produced by 17 different strategies of WRB Analysis - are there any rules how to identify and choose the most reliable of them?
4. One of the WRB Analysis strategies is "Volume Spread Analysis" - could you explain what it is?

Best regards,
dDima

Hi dDima,

I apologize for the delay that was caused by some forum sql problems that open up the entire forum to spam bots after I accidentally deleted a security feature.

With that said and to answer your questions...

Answer #1

Yes, WRB Analysis provides clues about the change in supply/demand during low volatility, high volatility or any type of changing volatility market conditions.

Answer #2

WRB Analysis doesn't tell you exactly when a big move (as in volatility spike in prices) will occur.

However, it does tell you when to expect a big trading day via concepts involving contracting volatility and sense your talking about trend days...chart intervals like daily charts are suitable for such.

Also, tutorial chapter 2 is devoted to what typically causes big price movements and knowing what causes such with help you better prepare for it to occur again.

Answer #3

To better understand...

WRB Analysis Tutorials are not trade signals...they are an understanding of the price action prior to the appearance of your trade signals, my trade signals or the trade signals of any other trader.

In contrast, my trade signals are in the services called AJCTR, APAOR, STR and VTR as explained at the below link.

http://www.thestrategylab.com/TradingReports.htm

There are no rules for how to identify which of the strategies from the AJCTR, APAOR, STR and VTR are more reliable because reliability is dependent upon your experience, market conditions and what you tend to work with more than the others.

My point is that when your question is about trade strategies (pattern signals)...I'm assuming your talking about the AJCTR, APAOR, STR or VTR considering that WRB Analysis Tutorials are not trade signals.

Simply, the WRB Analysis Tutorials are to improve the performance of your trade strategies assuming it's from the list I provided further below.

Further, the support I provide is to help you integrate WRB Analysis Tutorials into the trade strategy to help improve their performance via either the entry signal your using, exit signals, profit targets et cetera.

Thus, if your strategies are based upon any of the below concepts...my WRB Analysis Tutorials will help improve your strategies performance. In addition, if your strategies are not based upon any of the below concepts...I will still work with you during the 30 day free trial in merging the concepts from WRB Analysis Tutorials into your strategy via the material from tutorial chapter 9.

* Breakout Strategy

* Fading Breakout Strategy

* Divergence Strategy

* Support/Resistance Strategy

* Double Bottom/Double Top Strategy

* GAP Strategy (Regular Session Gaps and Globex All Session Gaps)

* Trend Strategy

* Range Strategy

* Profit Target Strategy

* Volume Spread Analysis (TheStrategyLab.com has a few clients using VSA even though we ourselves do not use this methodology)

* Intermarket Analysis

* Market Seasonal Tendencies (Cycles) Analysis

* Volatility Analysis and it replaces the need for volume analysis

* Japanese Candlestick Patterns (time and volume based candlestick charts)

* Traditional Chart Patterns (ex. triangles, wedges, head and shoulders, flags, pennants and rectangle price action)

* Technical Indicators (ex. rsi, cci, macd, stochastics, moving averages, average true range, obv and many others)

Therefore, via what's shown above, it's obvious that you'll need to post chart examples of your trades and any important informance about the trade signal you're using.

If you don't have any trade strategies and you're trading without a trading plan...you can still post charts of your trades along with explanation of why you took to trade.

Answer #4

The above should answer #4 question and I will make a change (update) to the below link because you've misinterpreted what WRB Analysis is about.

http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysis.htm

Also, now that I've fixed the forum problem...

I'll send you an email and link to the private thread where you can learn about WRB Analysis along with asking questions about how to apply it to your trading instrument and/or current trade strategies.

In addition, I'll copy this thread and put the copy in the private tutorial chapter thread.

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry