TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 10/4 ES 5mini WRB HG
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:38 pm 

ES 5min 10/4 (Eastern Time)

At 10am we have 2 Key Economic Reports. Prior to the release of the Econ News, market forms a Red WRB HG "prior" The HG area gets filled but one can use the WRB Bar Area. At 10 news gets released market makes new lows so the WRB Bar area is NOT FILLED(just the gap area)
Then at 10:40 Eastern we get another WRB Hidden Gap#1 as labaled, then Price Continues lower.
This fits Strong Continuation Price Action Definition #1 "Defined at producing two or more same color WRB Hidden Gaps(they dont need to occur consecutive as in back to back) in which one of the WRB HG's is a breakout interval below the most recent reaction low(bearish continuation) price action before the next swing point. I did take Short there Real Time so this isnt in hindsight.
I hope Niha can correct me if something im seeing wrong.

Attachments:
CLOSE.PNG
CLOSE.PNG [ 26.8 KiB | Viewed 445 times ]

Post subject: Re: 10/4 ES 5mini WRB HG
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

szubaark wrote:
ES 5min 10/4 (Eastern Time)

At 10am we have 2 Key Economic Reports. Prior to the release of the Econ News, market forms a Red WRB HG "prior" The HG area gets filled but one can use the WRB Bar Area. At 10 news gets released market makes new lows so the WRB Bar area is NOT FILLED(just the gap area)
Then at 10:40 Eastern we get another WRB Hidden Gap#1 as labaled, then Price Continues lower.
This fits Strong Continuation Price Action Definition #1 "Defined at producing two or more same color WRB Hidden Gaps(they dont need to occur consecutive as in back to back) in which one of the WRB HG's is a breakout interval below the most recent reaction low(bearish continuation) price action before the next swing point. I did take Short there Real Time so this isnt in hindsight.
I hope Niha can correct me if something im seeing wrong.

Hi,

You have two choices of what to use in a WRB interval:

* The body area

* The hidden gap area

Thus, the shadows are not to be used as if you're using the RANGE between high / low unless the high / low equal the open and close.

Besides that...everything else you explained is correct and the price action that occurred after the annotated "WRB Hidden Gap #1" would qualify (transform) that WRB Hidden Gap into a WRB Zone.

That WRB Zone could have then been used as a profit target for any Long signals that occurred below it or used as key price area to look for trade signals (Short or Long) when the price action re-enters the WRB Zone.

Thus, check your 5 min chart of today's Oct 5th Tuesday price action.

Regards,
M.A. Perry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:39 pm 

In the Tutorials you discuss WRB Hidden Gap. WHat about a WRB Where there is no Hidden Gap? We get WRB Candle and No Gap between Previous and last candle? I know you can still use the Body area of the WRB Candle as WRB S/R Zone..but do you treat it with less "Respect"
So we get WRB then in the Area of WRB Body we get inside bar(bars)

Example with chart:

Attachments:
CLOSE.PNG
CLOSE.PNG [ 24.55 KiB | Viewed 417 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

Hi szu,

WRB's without the Hidden Gap are not important unless they are being used in reference to tutorial chapter 3. Simply, they can be important in your own personal trade signal when used as a WRB Zone.

Thus, whatever your trade signal is, if a WRB is part of your trade signal...it's important. However, it's not important in any other tutorial chapter.

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry

szubaark wrote:
In the Tutorials you discuss WRB Hidden Gap. WHat about a WRB Where there is no Hidden Gap? We get WRB Candle and No Gap between Previous and last candle? I know you can still use the Body area of the WRB Candle as WRB S/R Zone..but do you treat it with less "Respect"
So we get WRB then in the Area of WRB Body we get inside bar(bars)

Example with chart: