TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Questions
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:42 am 

Good morning all,

I am re-reading and re re reading Ch 2 and coming across what I think are contradictions and am confused....

I am confused with the WRB Zones. One part of the chapter p.27 says that ONLY the 1st WRB Hidden GAP can be turned in to the zone. Another part of the chapter for strong continuation price actions (p 28) says at least one of the WRB hidden GAPS has to qualify as the Zone. I don't know which it is. Are there Times when we are not going by the 1st WRB hidden gap that has to be the zone? I was under the impression that if the 1st WRB HG is not a zone....that's it and you have to look to other news for another setup.

The first WRB Hidden GAP is the only WRB Hidden GAP at/after a key market event that can be used to determine if there’s a key change in supply/demand. p27

Strong Continuation price action is basically a trend involving multiple WRB Hidden GAPs in the same price direction and most of these WRB Hidden GAPs are unfilled along with at least one of the unfilled WRB Hidden GAPs qualifying as a WRB Zone involved with a recent key market event or qualified as a strong continuation (trend) via your own personal definitions. p28

Post subject: Re: Questions
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:22 am 
Site Admin

Tiger7F168 wrote:
Good morning all,

I am re-reading and re re reading Ch 2 and coming across what I think are contradictions and am confused....

I am confused with the WRB Zones. One part of the chapter p.27 says that ONLY the 1st WRB Hidden GAP can be turned in to the zone. Another part of the chapter for strong continuation price actions (p 28) says at least one of the WRB hidden GAPS has to qualify as the Zone. I don't know which it is. Are there Times when we are not going by the 1st WRB hidden gap that has to be the zone? I was under the impression that if the 1st WRB HG is not a zone....that's it and you have to look to other news for another setup.

The first WRB Hidden GAP is the only WRB Hidden GAP at/after a key market event that can be used to determine if there’s a key change in supply/demand. p27

Strong Continuation price action is basically a trend involving multiple WRB Hidden GAPs in the same price direction and most of these WRB Hidden GAPs are unfilled along with at least one of the unfilled WRB Hidden GAPs qualifying as a WRB Zone involved with a recent key market event or qualified as a strong continuation (trend) via your own personal definitions. p28

Hi,

All of my DOK chart examples and DOK charts posted by other members show the first WRB Hidden GAP near/at the KME as the only WRB Hidden GAP interval to use to see if it can qualify as a WRB Zone.

Thus, just because a WRB Hidden GAP interval appears near/at the KME doesn't imply it will qualify as a WRB Zone. In fact, most WRB Hidden GAP intervals do not qualify as a WRB Zone.

With that said, it may make more sense to you if the charts by everyone weren't clear...

That statement you're confused about "...most of these WRB Hidden GAPs are unfilled along with at least one of the unfilled WRB Hidden GAPs qualifying as a WRB Zone..."

It should say...

Quote:
"...most of these WRB Hidden GAPs are unfilled along with the first WRB Hidden GAP interval near/at the KME. Yet, the first WRB Hidden GAP interval (unfilled) is the only WRB Hidden GAP interval that can be used to see if it will qualify as a WRB Zone..."

The above should remove what you consider to be a contradiction as seen in all the DOK charts for tutorial chapter 2. It's also the answer given in replies in the private threads of members that had questions related to their own charts of tutorial chapter 2.

Regards,
M.A. Perry
TheStrategyLab

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:33 pm 

I appreciate the response. Makes more sense now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:16 pm 

On page 29 of the pdf WRB analysis:

The key concept for swing point price action definition #1 is when the key market event occurs, it produces a WRB Hidden GAP in the same interval as the key market event.

in the interval/Bar/candle....

Which timeframes can be used in trading?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:14 pm 

I do not understand this statement on p30 ( attachment). In the example it looks like price closed above close price of the prior down WRB Hidden Gap.

Attachments:
price.png
price.png [ 119.83 KiB | Viewed 324 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:57 am 
Site Admin

Tiger7F168 wrote:
On page 29 of the pdf WRB analysis:

The key concept for swing point price action definition #1 is when the key market event occurs, it produces a WRB Hidden GAP in the same interval as the key market event.

in the interval/Bar/candle....

Which timeframes can be used in trading?

WRB Analysis should be used in the same time frame that you use for your trade signal strategy.

Regards,
M.A. Perry
TheStrategyLab.com