TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: October 3rd Tuesday Trade Results - Profit $1025.00
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:33 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
100317-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1025.00.png
100317-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1025.00.png [ 95.89 KiB | Viewed 345 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $1025.00 dollars or +20.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1025.00 dollars

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis.

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log: All of my live trades are posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review. The live trade is posted 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=2662

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum. Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post your brokerage statements in your private thread for security reasons. TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps and many different types of social media software can be used to log in. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing trouble makers so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell. TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new entries, new trade management, new position size management before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=331&t=3532 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
100317-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
100317-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.01 MiB | Viewed 365 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: +84.07… | Nasdaq: +15.00… | S&P: +5.46…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.96 bln… Adv: 1443… Dec: 1218…
NYSE Vol: 724.5 mln… Adv: 1637… Dec: 1261…

Moving the Market

Monday's upbeat sentiment lingers as equities drift to new all-time highs

Airlines rally after Delta Air Lines (DAL) reaffirms its third-quarter guidance excluding the impact of Hurricane Irma

American automakers move higher after releasing September sales

Sector Watch
Strong: Telecom Services
Weak: Health Care, Utilities, Real Estate
04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks moved higher for the sixth session in a row on Tuesday, but trading was rather dull as the major indices largely trended sideways from start to finish. The Dow (+0.4), the S&P 500 (+0.2%), the Nasdaq (+0.2%), and the Russell 2000 (+0.2%) all finished at fresh record highs.

Automakers released their U.S. sales for the month of September on Tuesday. The numbers showed solid year-over-year gains, thanks in part to hurricane-related vehicle replacement:

General Motors (GM 43.45, +1.30) sold 279,397 units (+12.0% YoY)
Ford Motor (F 12.34, +0.25) sold 222,248 units (+8.7% YoY)
Fiat Chrysler (FCAU 17.96, +0.01) sold 174,266 units (+10.0% YoY)
Toyota Motor (TM 120.34, +1.03) sold 226,632 units (+14.9% YoY)
Honda Motor (HMC 30.20, +0.42) sold 142,772 units (+6.8% YoY)

Outside of September, auto sales have been disappointing this year as demand cools following a seven-year run of increasing sales, which culminated in a record 17.6 million units solid in 2016.

On a related note, electric automaker Tesla (TSLA 348.14, +6.61) reported third-quarter figures, showing a year-over-year increase of 4.5% in the number of delivered vehicles (26,150). However, production of the company's new, lower-priced Model 3 sedan was just a fraction of what CEO Elon Musk projected.

TSLA shares initially sold off following the news--holding a loss of 3.0% at their worst mark of the day--but eventually settled with a gain of 1.9%.

Airlines rallied on Tuesday, sending the U.S. Global Jets ETF (JETS 30.94, +1.22) higher by 4.1%, after Delta Air Lines (DAL 51.25, +3.18) reaffirmed its third-quarter unit revenue and margin guidance, excluding the costs associated with Hurricane Irma, which struck its Atlanta Hub last month. DAL shares added 6.6%.

In Washington, Wells Fargo (WFC 55.58, +0.11) CEO Timothy Sloan and former Equifax (EFX 110.45, +2.64) CEO Richard Smith testified before Congress on Tuesday in regards to their respective controversies; Mr. Smith answered questions regarding Equifax's recent data breach while Mr. Sloan was grilled on Wells Fargo's fake-account scandal.

Chipmakers as a whole performed roughly in line with the broader market, evidenced by the PHLX Semiconductor Index (+0.3%), but Advanced Micro (AMD 13.42, +0.71) surged 5.6% following vague M&A speculation. Dow component Intel (INTC 39.38, +0.34) also outperformed, notching its fourth-consecutive victory with a gain of 0.9%.

On the earnings front, homebuilder Lennar (LEN 55.35, +2.53) jumped 4.8% after beating bottom-line estimates.

Elsewhere, U.S. Treasuries moved modestly higher on Tuesday, leaving yields in the red; the benchmark 10-yr yield dropped one basis point to 2.33%. Meanwhile, the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 9.57, +0.12) climbed 1.3%, but still managed to settle below the historically-low 10.00 mark.

Investors did not receive any economic data on Tuesday.

On Wednesday, market participants will receive the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index at 7:00 ET, the September ADP Employment Change Report (Briefing.com consensus 160K) at 8:15 ET, and the September ISM Services Index (Briefing.com consensus 55.3) at 10:00 ET.

Dow: +84.07… | Nasdaq: +15.00… | S&P: +5.46…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1443/1218. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1637/1261.

03:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day flat:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up 0.04% at 83.7390
Dollar index is currently up 0.02% at 93.58.
Nov WTI crude futures settled $0.18 lower to $50.42/barrel.
In other energy, Nov natural gas settled up $0.02 at $2.90/MMBtu
On to metals:
Dec gold lost $1.30 to settle at $1274.60/oz, while Dec silver settled unchanged at $16.65/oz
Dec copper also settled unchanged at $2.96/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn settled $0.03 lower at $3.49/bu.
Nov soy settled $0.01 lower at $9.56/bu.
Dec wheat settled $0.03 higher at $4.48/bu.

Dow: +76.52… | Nasdaq: +9.55… | S&P: +4.22…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1570/1206. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1582/1317.

02:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities have been ticking up as of late, pushing the major indices to new session highs. All three major averages are on track to post new record-high closes, with the S&P 500 sporting a modest gain of 0.2%.

Moving into the final stretch, eight sectors are trading in the green--telecom services (+0.9%), industrials (+0.4%), materials (+0.3%), consumer discretionary (+0.3%), technology (+0.2%), financials (+0.2%), consumer staples (+0.1%), and energy (+0.1%)--while three are trading in the red--health care (-0.1%), real estate (-0.1%), and utilities (-0.5%).

Looking ahead, investors will receive earnings reports from PepsiCo (PEP 109.12, 0.00) and Monsanto (MON 119.52, -0.81) on Wednesday morning.

On the data front, the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index, the September ADP Employment Change Report (Briefing.com consensus 160K), and the September ISM Services Index (Briefing.com consensus 55.3) will cross the wires on Wednesday morning at 7:00 ET, 8:15 ET, and 10:00 ET, respectively.

Dow: +81.33… | Nasdaq: +8.79… | S&P: +4.00…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1484/1294. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1519/1374.

02:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have not changed since the last update.

Homebuilders are outperforming today, sending the iShares U.S. Home Construction ETF (ITB 37.10, +0.40) higher by 1.1%. The rally follows the release of Lennar's (LEN 55.60, +2.78) third-quarter earnings report, which showed better-than-expected bottom line results. LEN shares have climbed 5.3% in reaction to the report.

In the bond market, shorter-dated issues have strengthened this afternoon, sending the 2-yr yield two basis points below its flat line to 1.46%. The yield on the 10-yr Treasury note is also lower, dropping one basis point to 2.33%.

Dow: +76.70… | Nasdaq: +9.78… | S&P: +3.58…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1498/1285. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1509/1358.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages currently hover near their best marks of the day. The S&P 500 is up 0.1%.

Airlines are strong today, evidenced by the U.S. Global Jets ETF (JETS 30.70, +0.98), which is up 3.3%. Delta Air Lines (DAL 51.25, +3.18) is the top-performing airline name, spiking 6.6%, after reporting that its passenger unit revenue likely rose 2.0% in the third quarter, despite the $120 million cost associated with Hurricane Irma.

Delta is scheduled to report its third-quarter earnings next Thursday, October 12.

Unsurprisingly, the S&P 500's industrial sector (+0.3%), which houses airline names, is trading ahead of the broader market. In addition, defense names like Lockheed Martin (LMT 313.19, +1.86) and industrial conglomerates like 3M (MMM 214.06, +1.29) show relative strength, climbing around 0.6% apiece.

Dow: +72.16… | Nasdaq: +7.40… | S&P: +2.91…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1433/1366. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1468/1381.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are near their highs of the day as stocks drift higher in Tuesday's session.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Intel (INTC 39.67, +0.63), American Express (AXP 91.43, +0.89), & Walt Disney (DIS 100.74, +0.88) are outperforming. Intel is again leading the Dow higher as shares continue to see relative strength, reaching fresh multi-year levels, while American Express is advancing after winning a class-action lawsuit tied to the end of the company's previous co-branding relationship with Costco (COST 166.26, +0.37).

Conversely, Nike (NKE 51.54, -0.33) is the worst-performing Dow component as shares see an extension of recent weakness.

Tacking on to yesterday's gains, the DJIA is now up 1.02% to kick of the fourth quarter.

Dow: +76.79… | Nasdaq: +5.68… | S&P: +2.89…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1395/1408. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1468/1399.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have extended their all-time highs in the first half of Tuesday's session, but the tone has been more subdued in comparison to Monday's record-high run. The major indices have, for the most part, been drifting a tick above their flat lines since the opening bell and remain there at midday; the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq hold gains of 0.1% apiece.

However, the price-weighted Dow (+0.3%) shows relative strength as the vast majority its priciest--and therefore most influential--components outperform.

Eight of the S&P 500's eleven sectors are trading higher this afternoon, but gains have been limited; the lightly-weighted telecom services group (+0.8%) is the only sector to hold a gain of more than 0.3%. On the flip side, the utilities space (-0.5%) shows relative weakness, but the other two laggards--financials (-0.1%) and health care (unch)--are little changed.

Corporate news has been pretty light. However, it is worth noting that Advanced Micro (AMD 13.37, +0.66) has jumped 5.2% amid vague M&A speculation. On the earnings front, Lennar (LEN 54.51, +1.69) has climbed 3.1% to a two-month high after reporting better-than-expected earnings.

In Washington, Wells Fargo (WFC 54.88, -0.59) CEO Timothy Sloan and former Equifax (EFX 110.43, +2.64) CEO Richard Smith testified before Congress today in regards to their respective controversies; Mr. Sloan answered questions regarding Wells Fargo's fake-account scandal while Mr. Smith defended Equifax's recent data breach.

U.S. Treasuries are trading modestly higher this morning, sending yields into the red; the benchmark 10-yr yield is down one basis point at 2.33%. Meanwhile, gold--which, like Treasuries, is considered a safe-haven asset--is up 0.3% at $1,275.83/ozt.

Investors did not receive any economic data on Tuesday, but automakers did release their U.S. sales for the month of September:

General Motors (GM 43.40, +1.25) sold 279,397 units (+12.0% YoY)
Ford Motor (F 12.34, +0.25) sold 222,248 units (+8.7% YoY)
Fiat Chrysler (FCAU 17.90, -0.05) sold 174,266 units (+10.0% YoY)
Toyota Motor (TM 119.94, +0.63) sold 226,632 units (+14.9% YoY)
Honda Motor (HMC 30.10, +0.32) sold 142,772 units (+6.8% YoY)

Also of note, Tesla (TSLA 345.45, +3.92) delivered 26,150 vehicles in Q3 (+4.5% YoY), but produced just 260 Model 3 sedans in the third quarter--far below CEO Elon Musk's estimates that the company would produce 1,500 Model 3 cars in September alone.

Dow: +73.77… | Nasdaq: +7.35… | S&P: +3.11…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1381/1425. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1434/1406.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Range-bound action continues this afternoon; the S&P 500 (+0.1%) has stayed true to a four-point range since the opening bell.

Eight sectors currently trade in the green--telecom services (+0.8%), consumer discretionary (+0.3%), technology (+0.2%), consumer staples (+0.2%), industrials (+0.2%), materials (+0.1%), energy (+0.1%), and real estate (unch)--while three sectors trade in the red--financials (-0.1%), health care (-0.1%), and utilities (-0.5%).

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries have overcome early weakness and now trade in positive territory; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is down two basis points at 2.32% after opening the session at around 2.35%.

Dow: +66.54… | Nasdaq: +7.77… | S&P: +2.38…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1388/1403. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1398/1439.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have not changed since the last update.

The influential health care sector (-0.2%) has been a drag on the broader market today, retracing a chunk of its Monday advance. Over half of the sector's components are trading in the red with Dow components Pfizer (PFE 35.85, -0.22) and Merck (MRK 64.08, -0.47) showing losses of 0.6% and 0.7%, respectively. Biotech names also exhibit notable weakness, sending the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 336.46, -2.18) lower by 0.6%.

The health care sector came into today's session on a three-session winning streak, during which the group climbed 1.7%.

Dow: +77.57… | Nasdaq: +1.64… | S&P: +1.93…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1308/1446. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1335/1495.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks continue hovering near their recent levels, leaving the Dow Jones Industrial Average around 0.3% above yesterday's closing level.

The Dow is a price-weighted average, meaning the influence of its components is directly related to the price of their shares. For instance, Boeing (BA 257.22, +1.23) is currently the highest-priced Dow component and, therefore, the most influential.

In today's session, nine of the ten priciest components in the Dow are trading in positive territory with gains ranging from 0.1% to 0.8%. These positive performances have undoubtedly helped the industrial average outperform its peers; the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq currently trade flat.

The Dow finished at a new record high yesterday (22,557.60) and has climbed to a new all-time intraday high (22,630.89) in today's session.

Dow: +71.64… | Nasdaq: +5.01… | S&P: +1.28…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1301/1486. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1258/1571.

11:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue to sport modest gains; the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq are up 0.1% apiece while the Dow (+0.3%) outperforms.

Nine of the S&P 500's 11 sectors are hovering within 0.2% of their flat lines this morning as market-moving headlines remain in short supply. The telecom services sector (+0.8%) exhibits relative strength while the utilities space (-0.7%) exhibits relative weakness.

The top-weighted technology sector (+0.2%) is trading a step ahead of the broader market as mega-cap names like Apple (AAPL 154.32, +0.51) and Facebook (FB 170.22, +0.75) hold gains of around 0.4% apiece. Chipmakers have also contributed to the sector's upbeat performance, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index higher by 0.5%.

On a related note, Advanced Micro (AMD 13.43, +0.72) has spiked 5.6% this morning amid vague M&A speculation.

Dow: +68.39… | Nasdaq: +6.06… | S&P: +1.37…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1413/1353. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1348/1445.

10:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day higher:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up 0.22% at 83.8888
Dollar index is down 0.09% at 93.48.
Oct WTI crude is lower on the day.
API inventory data will be released at 4:30pm ET.
Futures are $0.03 higher to $50.55/barrel.
In other energy, Oct natural gas is down $0.005 at $2.911/MMBtu
Metals are slightly lower:
Dec gold has lost $1.60 and trades at $1274.20/oz, while Sept silver has dropped $0.034 to $16.62/oz
Sept copper has gained $0.007 to $2.9625/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn is down $0.0075 at $3.5075/bu.
Nov soy is up $0.0225 at $9.595/bu.
Dec wheat is up $0.0425 at $4.49/bu.

Dow: +62.19… | Nasdaq: -0.63… | S&P: +0.84…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1343/1396. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1318/1436.

09:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market continues to sport a slim gain this morning; the S&P 500 is higher by 0.1%.

American automakers General Motors (GM 43.32, +1.17) and Ford Motor (F 12.27, +0.18) are rallying in early action, adding 2.6% and 1.5%, respectively, after reporting year-over-year increases in their September U.S. sales. GM's sales increased by 12.0% while Ford's sales increased by 8.7%.

The consumer discretionary sector (+0.2%), which houses the aforementioned automakers, trades a step ahead of the broader market. Meanwhile, the influential technology and health care sectors are also outperforming, climbing 0.3% apiece.

Dow: +28.10… | Nasdaq: +14.35… | S&P: +1.60…

NYSE Adv/Dec /.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices opened Tuesday's session a tick above their unchanged marks; the S&P 500 is currently up 0.1%.

Sector movement has been modest in the opening minutes. The consumer discretionary (+0.3%) and materials (+0.3%) spaces are the top performers while the utilities group (-0.6%) is the weakest. As for the remaining sectors, gains/losses have been limited to 0.2%.

U.S. Treasuries continue to hold modest losses; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up one basis point at 2.35%.

Dow: +33.22… | Nasdaq: +9.25… | S&P: +2.22…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1524/1049. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1449/1100.

09:13AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +4.90.

The U.S. equity market is on track to open Tuesday's session in positive territory as the S&P 500 futures trade three points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

Tesla (TSLA 335.06, -6.47) is down 1.9% in pre-market action after the electric automaker reported that it produced just 260 Model 3 sedans in the third quarter--far below CEO Elon Musk's estimates that the company would produce 1,500 Model 3 cars in September alone. In total, Tesla delivered 26,130 vehicles in Q3, up 4.5% from a year ago.

Elsewhere in the auto industry, General Motors (GM 42.86, +0.71) is higher by 1.7% after Bank of America/Merrill Lynch upgraded GM shares to 'Buy' from 'Neutral' this morning. The auto industry will be releasing sales figures for the month of September throughout the day.

On the earnings front, homebuilder Lennar (LEN 54.48, +1.67) is up 3.2% in early action after beating bottom-line estimates.

U.S. Treasuries are slightly lower this morning, sending yields into the green. The benchmark 10-yr yield is up one basis point at 2.35%.

Meanwhile, WTI crude futures are down 0.6% at 50.27/bbl, extending yesterday's sell off; the price of crude oil has dropped 2.7% through the first two sessions of the week. Investors will receive the weekly API crude inventory report this afternoon at 16:30 ET.

08:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +2.90.

The S&P 500 futures are trading two points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a higher note while China's Shanghai Composite remained closed for Golden Week. Reports from China pointed to record rail traffic, suggesting retail sales will be strong during the holiday week. The Reserve Bank of Australia left its official cash rate at 1.50%, as expected.

In economic data:
Japan's Monetary Base +15.6% year-over-year (expected 17.2%; last 16.3%) and BoJ Core CPI +0.6% year-over-year (last 0.4%). September Household Confidence 43.9 (expected 43.5; last 43.3)
India's September Nikkei Manufacturing PMI 51.2 (expected 51.9; last 51.2)
Hong Kong's August Retail Sales +2.7% year-over-year (last 4.0%)
Australia's August Building Approvals +0.4% month-over-month (expected 1.1%; last -1.2%) and Private Housing Approvals -0.6% (last 1.0%). August HIA New Home Sales +9.1% month-over-month (last -3.7%)
New Zealand's Q3 NZIER Business Confidence 5% (last 18%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei gained 1.1%, approaching its 2015 high. Advantest jumped 7.3% while Sumitomo Realty & Development, Familymart, Eisai, Fast Retailing, Nippon Electric Glass, Furukawa, Fanuc, Nissan Motor, and Konami climbed between 1.7% and 3.5%. On the downside, Nikon, Mitsubishi Motors, Hino Motors, and Panasonic lost between 0.2% and 1.0%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng spiked 2.3%, closing at a fresh 2017 high. Geely Automobile jumped 12.3% while financials rallied after the People's Bank of China announced that the reserve requirement ratio will be lowered at the start of 2018. ICBC, China Construction Bank, Bank of China, Ping An Insurance, BoC Hong Kong, and China Life Insurance advanced between 2.2% and 7.6%.
China's Shanghai Composite was closed.
India's Sensex rose 0.7%. Tata Motors and GAIL both gained near 3.5% while Reliance Industries, Bajaj Auto, Tata Steel, and Hindustan Unilever gained between 1.4% and 2.1%. Tech consultants like Wipro, Infosys, and Tata Consultancy added between 0.5% and 0.8%.

Major European indices trade on a slightly higher note, but Germany's DAX is closed for Unification Day, resulting in lower overall volume. CSU leader Horst Seehofer said that the two main German parties face the toughest coalition talks since 1976 when threats were made to terminate the partnership. The two sides are at odds over implementing an annual cap on intake of migrants and refugees. Spain's IBEX (-0.6%) underperforms for the second consecutive day as the constitutional crisis in Catalonia worsens. Catalan authorities have confirmed that regional roads and highways have been blocked by more than 50 barricades or protests. Catalan Police said there are no plans to unblock regional roads today.

In economic data:
Eurozone August PPI +0.3% month-over-month (expected 0.1%; last 0.0%); +2.5% year-over-year (consensus 2.3%; last 2.0%)
UK's September Construction PMI 48.1 (expected 51.0; last 51.1)
Spain's Unemployment Change 27,900 (expected 21,300; last 46,400) Italy's Q2 Public Debt +0.5% (last 4.3%)

---Equity Markets---

Germany's DAX is closed.
France's CAC is up 0.2%. Consumer names and select financials display relative strength with Kering, Carrefour, Louis Vuitton and L'Oreal up between 0.5% and 1.7% while Credit Agricole and BNP Paribas show respective gains of 0.7% and 0.3%. Societe Generale is down 0.8%.
UK's FTSE has added 0.1%. Provident Financial, Standard Chartered, RBS, and HSBC show gains between 0.4% and 3.0%. Consumer names are mixed. British American Tobacco, Carnival, Pearson, and Diageo are down between 0.2% and 0.7% while Sainsbury, Dixons Carphone, Tesco, and Associated British Foods have risen between 0.5% and 2.1%.
Spain's IBEX is lower by 0.6%, nearing its September low. Iberdola, Banco Sabadell, ACS, Mediaset, Santander, and BBVA are down between 0.2% and 2.1%.

08:31AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +3.40.

The S&P 500 futures trade two points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

President Trump said on Friday that he will select the next Fed Chair within the next two to three weeks. Current Fed Chief Janet Yellen is in the running to retain her position, but will need to beat out former Fed Governor Kevin Warsh and current Fed Governor Jerome Powell, both of which are reported to be on the short list of candidates.

Mr. Powell is scheduled to speak on financial regulation this morning at 8:30 ET and his comments may hold some extra weight given his status as a Fed Chair candidate.

07:59AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +0.40.

Stocks advanced to new record highs on Monday despite Sunday night's devastating shooting in Las Vegas. The positive sentiment continues to linger this morning, evidenced by the S&P 500 futures, which trade two points, or 0.1%, above fair value. A win for the benchmark index today would mark its fourth-consecutive record high close.

Crude oil is down 0.2% at $50.47/bbl this morning, extending yesterday's 2.1% slide. The American Petroleum Institute (API) will deliver its weekly inventory report this afternoon at 16:30 ET. Then, on Wednesday morning, the Department of Energy will release the official government inventory figures for the week.

U.S. Treasuries are modestly lower in early action, sending yields into the green; the benchmark 10-yr yield is up one basis point at 2.35%--which marks its highest level since early July. Meanwhile, the 2-yr yield is unchanged at 1.48%.

Today's economic calendar will be limited to auto and truck sales for the month of September, which will be released throughout the day.

Also of note, Fed Governor Jerome Powell will speak about regulatory reform at 8:30 ET. Audience questions are expected.

In U.S. corporate news:

Tesla (TSLA 334.70, -6.83): -2.0% after producing just 260 Model 3 sedans in the third quarter; CEO Elon Musk estimated the electric automaker would produce 1,500 Model 3 cars in September alone.
General Motors (GM 42.85, +0.70): +1.7% after Bank of America/Merrill Lynch upgraded GM shares to 'Buy' from 'Neutral'.
Lennar (LEN 54.05, +1.23): +2.3% after reporting better-than-expected earnings.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a higher note while China's Shanghai Composite remained closed for Golden Week. Japan's Nikkei +1.1%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +2.3%, India's Sensex +0.7%.
In economic data:
Japan's Monetary Base +15.6% year-over-year (expected 17.2%; last 16.3%) and BoJ Core CPI +0.6% year-over-year (last 0.4%). September Household Confidence 43.9 (expected 43.5; last 43.3)
India's September Nikkei Manufacturing PMI 51.2 (expected 51.9; last 51.2)
Hong Kong's August Retail Sales +2.7% year-over-year (last 4.0%)
Australia's August Building Approvals +0.4% month-over-month (expected 1.1%; last -1.2%) and Private Housing Approvals -0.6% (last 1.0%). August HIA New Home Sales +9.1% month-over-month (last -3.7%)
New Zealand's Q3 NZIER Business Confidence 5% (last 18%)
In news:
Reports from China pointed to record rail traffic, suggesting retail sales will be strong during the holiday week.
The Reserve Bank of Australia left its official cash rate at 1.50%, as expected.

Major European indices trade on a slightly higher note, but Germany's DAX is closed for Unification Day, resulting in lower overall volume. France's CAC +0.2%, UK's FTSE +0.1%, Spain's IBEX -0.9%.
In economic data:
Eurozone August PPI +0.3% month-over-month (expected 0.1%; last 0.0%); +2.5% year-over-year (consensus 2.3%; last 2.0%)
UK's September Construction PMI 48.1 (expected 51.0; last 51.1)
Spain's Unemployment Change 27,900 (expected 21,300; last 46,400)
Italy's Q2 Public Debt +0.5% (last 4.3%)
In news:
CSU leader Horst Seehofer said that the two main German parties face the toughest coalition talks since 1976 when threats were made to terminate the partnership. The two sides are at odds over implementing an annual cap on intake of migrants and refugees.
Spain's 10-yr yield has jumped eight basis points to 1.69% as the constitutional crisis in Catalonia worsens. Catalan authorities have confirmed that regional roads and highways have been blocked by more than 50 barricades or protests. Catalan Police said there are no plans to unblock regional roads today.

05:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +3.30.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei

...20614...+213.30

...+1.10%

. Hang Seng

...28173...+618.90

...+2.30%

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE

...7441.35...+2.50

...+0.00%

. DAX

...Holiday.........
04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market kicked off the week with yet another solid performance that left the Dow (+0.7%), the S&P 500 (+0.4%), the Nasdaq (+0.3%), and the small-cap Russell 2000 (+1.3%) at new record highs. Monday's advance marked the third-consecutive record high close for the S&P 500 and the seventh in a row for the Russell 2000.

Although the market largely shook off Sunday night's massive shooting in Las Vegas, it was the main topic of conversation in the financial media on Monday. From the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort, a lone gunman took aim--firing across the Las Vegas Strip--at a country music concert, killing at least 58 people and injuring over 500 others.

Market participants took the devastating attack, which is the deadliest shooting in U.S. history, as an isolated incident given that authorities do not believe the gunman was connected to any militant groups. MGM Resorts (MGM 30.77, -1.82), which owns and operates Mandalay Bay, did sell off sharply, however, settling with a loss of 5.6%.

On Wall Street, financial and health care stocks were in demand on Monday, helping to alleviate relative weakness from mega-cap names like Apple (AAPL 153.81, -0.31), Alphabet (GOOGL 967.47, -6.25), and Amazon (AMZN 959.19, -2.16)--all three of which have paced the stock market's 2017 campaign thus far.

The heavily-weighted financial (+0.9%) and health care (+1.0%) sectors finished just a tick behind the lightly-weighted materials sector (+1.1%) at the top of the day's leaderboard. The financial sector's positive performance was particularly notable as it extended the group's September rally; financials have climbed 9.4% since September 7.

At the opposite end of the leaderboard, the real estate (-0.4%), consumer staples (-0.2%), and telecom services (-0.1%) groups finished with modest losses. The energy space (unch) also settled in the red as the price of crude oil dropped 2.1% to $50.58/bbl following reports of decreased OPEC production-cut compliance.

A strengthening U.S. dollar also worked against the commodity; the U.S. Dollar Index climbed 0.6% to 93.47. The greenback was particularly strong against the euro, jumping 0.7% to 1.1735, following Sunday's contentious independence referendum in Spain.

The people of Catalonia overwhelmingly voted to split from Spain on Sunday, but Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy refused to acknowledge the vote, which was outlawed by the central government in Madrid. Reports indicate that nearly 900 voters were injured by police, who attempted to shut down polling stations in the region.

In the U.S. bond market, Treasuries finished Monday modestly lower, sending yields into the green. The 10-yr yield climbed one basis point to 2.34%.

Reviewing Monday's economic data, which included the September ISM Index and August Construction Spending:

The ISM Index for September rose to 60.8 from an unrevised reading of 58.8 in August while the Briefing.com consensus expected a downtick to 57.8.
The key takeaway from the report, which stands at its highest level since May 2004, is that it was accompanied by the highest reading for the Prices Index (71.5) since May 2011. That understanding will feed a belief that the Federal Reserve is apt to raise the fed funds rate again at its December FOMC meeting.
The Construction Spending report for August rose 0.5% while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 0.2%. The prior month's reading was revised to -1.2% from -0.6%.
The key takeaway from the report is that overall construction spending remains modest and an inhibitor of stronger real GDP growth.

On Tuesday, the economic calendar will be limited to auto and truck sales for the month of September, which will be released throughout the day.

Nasdaq Composite +21.1% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +14.1% YTD
S&P 500 +13.0% YTD
Russell 2000 +11.2% YTD

Dow: +152.51… | Nasdaq: +20.76… | S&P: +9.76…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1761/824. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1900/1035.

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links will be useful for you. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com