TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: What is Price Action Trading - Definition
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Forum Trader Profile (wrbtrader): http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Price Action Trading

(click on image to view wrbtrader's daily broker PnL statement of price action trading)

http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/download/file.php?mode=view&id=5197

Archive chat log for image to the left @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/112206FuturesTrades.htm

Image to the left in this message post represents what many users in the private chat rooms were able to see via screen sharing...I took a quick screenshot while in screen sharing for marketing purposes, for my own private trade journal documentation (other two monitors not shown for security reasons) and for verification that I traded on that specific trading day I posted real-time trades in the chat room for those that were not in the chat room or not allowed in the screen sharing for whatever reason with others that were allowed.

I have many images like this of different trading days distributed on different webpages here at my forum and at my website just in case someone says they didn't see any verification. Your use of our free or fee-base price action analysis or price action strategies implies you've read & agreed to our disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

--------------------------

Simple definition: Price action trading is a trader that does not use technical indicators or technical studies for trade decisions based upon price action analysis.

The above is a simple definition of price action only trading. Unfortunately, there's a growing number of traders the past few years that use one technical indicator with a commonly known price action method and then believe in error that it's price action trading under the facade they're using the indicator only as a "visual aid or to help put the price action within a framework". In fact, it doesn't matter what type of technical indicator it is (e.g. cci, stoc, macd, moving average et cetera)...if it's on your chart to help you make trade decisions...you can not call yourself a price action trader until you've completely remove all technical indicators or technical studies from your trading. In addition, arguably, some pure price action traders consider the use of volume as an indicator while others do not. Regardless, I'm not going to play the technical indicator or volume bashing game because they are distractions that serious price action only traders should not be involved with.

Therefore, just be careful of those traders, authors, vendors that say they are price action traders while they show a technical indicator on their charts (e.g. cci, stoc, macd, moving average et cetera) because learning such a method will continue making you dependent upon technical indicators via the belief you can improve the price action method by making changes to the indicator whenever you fail to reach your performance goals.

There are primarily three basic groups of traders that are price action trading.

Image Traders that use charts...sometimes this is refer to as chart reading of price patterns or key price areas without indicators

Image Traders that use time & sales/bid & ask screens...sometimes this is refer to as tape reading involving order flow without charts

Image Traders that use both of the above as in charts and time & sales/bid & ask screens without indicators

Further, for each of the above types of traders...there are hundreds of different types of price action trade methods. In addition, if you're using charts as a price action trader...you're using technical analysis even though you're not using technical indicators. In contrast, price action traders that are tape readers do not consider themselves to be using technical analysis.

With that said, the methods of TheStrategyLab.com are price action trading (no indicators nor studies) involving chart analysis. Also, there's no volume analysis within our price action trade methods because our price action clients can easily see the volume in the price action itself after learning WRB Analysis because it identifies and exploits the following to produce key price areas to look for price continuation/reversal signals:

Image Key changes in supply/demand (supply demand analysis)

Image Key changes in volatility (volatility analysis)

WRB Analysis is the foundation of our price action trade signal methods and it provides a critical part of the market context prior to the appearance of our trade signals. In fact, after identifying the about key price areas...we call these areas WRB Zones that convert into support/resistance zones when the price action enters the zone. However, we're not going to use this webpage to teach WRB Analysis. Thus, if you're curious to learn more about WRB Analysis via studying tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3...you can download the free study guide at the below link.

http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=119

Image WRB Analysis Tutorials

(click on image to view TheStrategyLab's daily broker PnL statement of price action trading)

http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/download/file.php?mode=view&id=5198

Archive chat log for image to the left @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/010507FuturesTrades.htm

This is a discretionary market analysis via rule-based price action patterns involving 3 basic tutorial chapters and 9 advance tutorial chapters that provides the understanding of the price action prior to the appearance of any trade strategy (entry signals) you may be using. More importantly, the WRB Analysis gives the context (understanding of the price action) that allows it to be merged with any other trade signal method regardless if you're using bar charts, candlestick charts, tick charts or volume base charts. In fact, most of our clients use WRB Analysis to improve the performance of other well known methods their using after realizing they were still missing a piece of the puzzle.

Image All stocks, futures, exchange traded funds and forex currencies

Image Trade Strategies

The FVB, DCM, AJCTR, APAOR, STR or VTR strategies are an objective (rule based) price action trading strategies that identifies imbalances as entry signals, stop/loss management, profit targets and exit signals. The below trading instruments are most commonly traded by clients using our trade signal strategies.

Image CME Emini Futures EMD, ES and NQ

Image CME Emini RTY Futures (formerly ICE TF)

Image CBOT mini-sized Dow Futures YM

Image Eurex Index Derivatives (futures) DAX and DJ Euro Stoxx50

Image Eurex Fixed Income Derivatives (futures) BUND, BOBL and Schatz

Image Euronext Futures FTSE-100 and CAC-40

Image CME Futures EuroFX 6E and EC

Image Treasury Futures T-Notes ZT, ZN, ZF and T-Bonds ZB

Image Forex Currencies GbpUsd, EurUsd, EurYen and UsdCad

Image Exchange Traded Funds BGU, FAS, FAZ, TNA, DIA, IWM, QQQ, SPY, OIH, XLE, GLD and VXX  

Image NYMEX Energy Futures Light Crude Oil CL, Brent Crude BRN, e-miNY QM and Natural Gas NG

Image COMEX Metal Futures Gold GC, mini-Gold YG, Copper HG and Silver SI

Image S&P CNX NIFTY

Image Hang Seng Index Futures HSI and mini-Hang Seng MHI

We understand that most traders want to become profitable traders on their own or via free information while learning price action trading. However, eventually you're going to need to sit down an determine the cost of your losses and then compare them to the cost of our fee-base education information. Just as important, our price action trading services will save you time & energy (months or years) of trying to piece together a method on your own via the trial -n- error route. Therefore, our WRB Analysis Tutorials will jump start your trade signal strategies and prepare you for our price action trade signal strategies if you decide to purchase the FVB advance, AJCTR, APAOR, STR or VTR trade signal strategies at a later date.

To get started, each advance tutorial chapter is $26.33 although there's a current discount for tutorial chapter 4 for those that want to pay per chapter. Advance tutorial chapter 4 cost (with discount) $15.33 dollars. In contrast, advance tutorial chapters 4 - 12 cost $273 dollars.

Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapter 4 - Your payment of $15.33 will give you access only to advance tutorial chapters 4. The advance tutorial chapter 4 will strengthen your understanding of price actions involving WRB Hidden GAPs that identify when key market participants are buying or selling their positions resulting as volatility breakouts...producing swing points and strong continuation price actions. Further, the advance tutorial chapter 4 does not involve key market events to give market context. In contrast, it involves advance price action analysis to give market context.

Image Access to the private WRB forum
Image Basic Tutorial Chapters 1 – 3
Image FVB Basic Trade Signal Strategy
Image Advance Tutorial Chapter 4
Image Advance WRB Analysis Trade Management File
Image Your own private thread for you to get support in merging WRB Analysis into your current trade methodology

Image If you cannot see the above payment image for purchasing the Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapter 4...click here.

Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 - Your payment of $237 will give you access to different types of WRB Zones that are suitable for different types of price actions that will allow you to adapt more easily when market conditions changes. In addition, you'll have more choices of WRB Zones to determine which is compatible with your trade method or trading style in comparison to other types of WRB Zones you'll learn.

Image Access to the private WRB forum
Image Basic Tutorial Chapters 1 – 3
Image FVB Advance Trade Signal Strategy in combo with FVB Basic Trade Signal Strategy
Image Advance Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12.
Image DCM Analysis and Trade Signal Strategy
Image Bonus Trade Signal Strategies associated with tutorial chapters 11 & 12 (via request only after posting DOKs and broker statement with trade explanation)
Image Advance WRB Analysis Trade Management File
Image Your own private thread for you to get support in merging WRB Analysis into your current trade methodology

The new DCM Analysis/Trade Signal Strategy helps trading in price actions like the current low volatility market conditions and helps prevent trading against the trend (up or down). In addition, the DCM is currently being used by me actively in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room and about 50% of my trades are via the DCM Analysis/Trade Signal Strategy or variations that are new methods. Simply, you can watch in real-time how I use WRB Analysis merged with a trade signal strategy to help you determine the merits of purchasing the advance tutorial chapters 4 - 12. Chat room log-in instructions @ viewforum.php?f=164 (objective details of the strategy only discussed with fee-base clients that have purchased the advance tutorial chapters 4 - 12 package).

Quote:
Note: I only share new trade methods with members that have posted DOKs, brokerage statements and quantitative statistical analysis via any of the recommended professional trade journal software. I do this is part of my vetting process to ensure those learning any new designed strategy or adapted old strategies when market conditions change...they are properly prepared and have verified to me they are learning the trade methods.

Yet, this is not mentoring because successful mentoring can only be done in person. Instead, I'm only sharing my trade methods but I'm not teaching how to trade. The latter is very personal involving all factors like at home trade environment, trade experiences, trade skills & adapting in stressful trading conditions and many other variables.

Image If you cannot see the above payment image for purchasing the WRB Analysis Advance Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12...click here.

Also, there's an excellent way of supplementing your trading income and/or to make residual income with very little effort as you continue improving your trading. Simply, join our referral program @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ReferralProgram.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Only Trading (no indicators)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader and http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

Phone: +1.708.572.4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage

Attachments:
112206_wrbtrader_price_action_trading.png
112206_wrbtrader_price_action_trading.png [ 227.65 KiB | Viewed 984 times ]
010507_thestrategylab_price_action_trading.png
010507_thestrategylab_price_action_trading.png [ 237.19 KiB | Viewed 937 times ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]