TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question about using Swing Point Definition-1 in chapter 3
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:19 am 

You can ignore my below question. I got my answer after I read http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=624.[Is it possible for me to have the updated document also?]

So the price action definitions in chapter2 are used in all cases.
Instead of key market event, use pattern signal in chapter 3 and thats all. What caused confusion in my situation is the dual work of the FIRST hidden gap in chapter 2.
1-It is used in price action definition for the verification of the zone
2-It is also used as THE ZONE itself.

But in chapter 3 we use the FIRST hidden gap after the pattern only for confirmation.
And of course there is a special case of the "first" hidden gap is being the latest bar of the pattern signal,
then we have the possibility of the same dual work situation in chapter2.

Quote:

Hi Mark,

As usual I have a question :)

Ok this is what I understood.

* In the first chapter we learned that the "first" hidden gap after a key market event creates a S/R zone "IF" it involves in swing point or strong continuation price action. (I am also aware there are some FED exceptions). This is the needed CONFIRMATION for that first Hidden Gap to become an S/R zone.

* In the third chapter instead of key market events we use our own pattern signals to create S/R zones. But now instead of looking for "FIRST" hidden gap after the key market event, we are now looking for the RANGE of the pattern signal(or we have the option of using the hidden gap if we had a WRB-HG in the pattern).

* And for the RANGE of the pattern to be used as an S/R zone it should be VERIFIED also. How? Again by looking at the price action definitions which is given in chapter 2.

* This is where I am getting a little bit confused. For example for swing point definitions we have 2 versions. One is looking for a previous unfilled HG "PRIOR" to the key market event.And it also looks for the "FIRST" hidden gap after the key market evernt and 2 consecutive same color intervals to fill the area of the PRIOR hidden gap!.

* Ok. So how are we going to use these definitions for the chapter 3? Are we going to use pattern signal just like a key market event? If it is so I am getting a little bit more confused because in the case of key market events we are using the "FIRST" hidden gap area as S/R zone if it is confirmed by the price action. In the case of pattern signal we are using RANGE of the pattern as S/R zone if it is confirmed. But if I am not going to use the area of the "FIRST" hidden gap in chapter3, should I still look for it after the pattern signal. Should I also look for a PRIOR unfillled hidden gap before the pattern signal? What about if PRIOR hidden gap is inside the pattern range? Too many questions...

* Because of these too many questions, I believe the first version of the swing point definition is specific to key market events and it should not be used for the chapter 3.

Right? or am I a very bad student who understands nothing? [ec5]

Thanks in advance

Akif,

Post subject: Re: Question about using Swing Point Definition-1 in chapter 3
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:41 pm 

Since you always request people to post their charts. here is a screenshot of a swing.
my question is sometimes it takes a lot intervals to validate a swing point. For example in this situation we validated the swing point
at the last interval of that upthrust. we had really nice up bars after the swing (we had immediate 3 consecutive white bars with higher closes but none of them were WRB, dont even think about hidden gap) So because in our defitions of the swing points we are looking for a first hidden gap after the pattern we waited until the top to validate the pattern.So this means we can not validate this swing upto that last interval. Am i right?

Akif,

Attachments:
swing_point3.gif
swing_point3.gif [ 32.42 KiB | Viewed 3117 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:13 am 
Site Admin

Hi Akif,

I've updated your private thread with the new version 2.1 of the WRB Analysis Tutorials and deleted the old version 2.0

The main difference is that tutorial chapter 3 is better explained and I've included a "Profit Target" section in the file.

Lets now talk about your chart. Where's your key market event because it's not highlighted on the chart. Thus, if the first WRB Hidden GAP at/after the key market event will have impact on how soon or late a swing point gets confirmed. Therefore, I cannot answer your question because I don't know where your key market event is at for that particular chart.

However, it looks like there's a red WRB Hidden GAP that closed in the highlighted gray circle on your chart. If that's your key market event...the swing point gets qualified via that rising price action that traversed through the 2nd blue highlighted area assuming those blue highlighted areas are the price area of prior WRB Hidden GAPs. If that's true, than the swing point got verified much sooner (about 3 intervals earlier) in comparison to the WRB Hidden GAP that has a orange arrow.

Here's something else to think about, if that red WRB Hidden GAP that closed in the highlighted gray circle is not involved with a key market event...then it doesn't qualify as a swing point. Therefore, not all directional price changes are swing points. In contrast, it may be only a reaction high/low area. The advance tutorial chapters will teach the difference between a swing point and a reaction high/low area.

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry

vwap_trader wrote:
Since you always request people to post their charts. here is a screenshot of a swing.
my question is sometimes it takes a lot intervals to validate a swing point. For example in this situation we validated the swing point
at the last interval of that upthrust. we had really nice up bars after the swing (we had immediate 3 consecutive white bars with higher closes but none of them were WRB, dont even think about hidden gap) So because in our defitions of the swing points we are looking for a first hidden gap after the pattern we waited until the top to validate the pattern.So this means we can not validate this swing upto that last interval. Am i right?

Akif,

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:16 pm 

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the explanation. Actually I posted this chart as an example for the chapter3. There is no key market events involved in that chart. What I was trying to show that, imagine in the gray circle my own engulfing pattern signal triggered [I know I am forcing a little bit here. But this is just for an example]. To be able to use the RANGE of this two interval pattern as a S/R area, first we need to make sure that this price action involves in a swing point or continuation. For the confirmation of the swing point I need to find out a FIRST hidden gap after the key market event OR pattern signal in this case. And that FIRST hidden gap after the pattern signal is at the top of this upmove. I hope I am not wrong at using pattern signal instead of key market events while confirming an S/R zone related with a pattern signal.

I will try to post a better annotated chart tonight.

Akif,

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:13 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

I think you made an interpretation error involving the relationship between the pattern signal and first WRB Hidden GAP. In tutorial chapter 3 involving swing points, if you're talking about the first WRB Hidden GAP...that implies you want to use the first WRB Hidden GAP as the WRB S/R Zone instead of the pattern signal itself. That first WRB Hidden GAP is just one possible WRB S/R Zone via your chart example.

Another possibility for a WRB S/R Zone as explained in tutorial chapter 3 is the pattern signal itself (not any WRB Hidden GAP that appears afterwards) and via your discussion of a "engulfing pattern"...it's the range of the intervals within the gray area of your chart and that price action afterwards confirms the swing point when it traversed through a prior WRB Hidden GAP (shown via the blue highlight on your chart). Thus, such occurred much earlier on your chart than that WRB Hidden GAP at the top of your chart.

My point is that the confirmation of the swing point will be impacted by if you plan on using the pattern signal itself as the WRB S/R Zone or the first WRB Hidden GAP itself (occurring after the pattern signal) as the WRB S/R Zone. Therefore, if you choose the first WRB Hidden GAP as your WRB S/R Zone in the price action of your chart...that pattern signal will be late (as you called it) as a valid swing point. However, if you choose the pattern signal itself as the WRB S/R Zone...the pattern signal gets confirmed as a swing point much earlier before the appearance of that first WRB Hidden GAP.

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry

vwap_trader wrote:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the explanation. Actually I posted this chart as an example for the chapter3. There is no key market events involved in that chart. What I was trying to show that, imagine in the gray circle my own engulfing pattern signal triggered [I know I am forcing a little bit here. But this is just for an example]. To be able to use the RANGE of this two interval pattern as a S/R area, first we need to make sure that this price action involves in a swing point or continuation. For the confirmation of the swing point I need to find out a FIRST hidden gap after the key market event OR pattern signal in this case. And that FIRST hidden gap after the pattern signal is at the top of this upmove. I hope I am not wrong at using pattern signal instead of key market events while confirming an S/R zone related with a pattern signal.

I will try to post a better annotated chart tonight.

Akif,