TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DOK Chapters 1,2 and 3
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:12 pm 

I am going to post several charts as DOK for the first 3 chapters of the WRB Analysis Tutorial.
Let's start by Chapter 1.
The first Chart I post is a description of WRB Bars.It is a M15 chart of past Friday RTH session,plus a couple of hours premarket,of the ES september 2020 Future.
We can see that there are 11 WRBars,that means bars with a Range(High to low) bigger than the range of each of the previous 3 Bars.
Find it attached.
W
Attachment:
EPU20M15_DOK1WRBars.png
EPU20M15_DOK1WRBars.png [ 36.66 KiB | Viewed 387 times ]

Post subject: Re: DOK Chapters 1,2 and 3
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:21 pm 

I will continue with Chapter 1.
Next Chart I post is the same chart as in previous post but with candlesticks and Wide Range Bodies.
So,the condition for defining a WRB now is a bar with a Body(Open-Close) bigger than the body of each of the previous 3 bars.
In this chart we see that instead of having 11 WR Bars,we now have 10 WR Bodies
W

Attachment:
EPU20M15_DOK1WRBodies.png
EPU20M15_DOK1WRBodies.png [ 34.57 KiB | Viewed 382 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:31 pm 

Now,continuing with Chapter 1,i will focus on Hidden Gaps,using the same candlestick chart(so,using WR Bodies) as in my previous post.
We can see that there are 5 WRB Hidden Gaps.
3 of them filled( WRBHGs 1,2 and 5) and 2 of them (3 and 4) unfilled.
Of the 3 kind of HG fills possible(Body of WRB,Range of WRB and Hidden Gap fill) I have chosen the 3rd one,HG fill.
W

Attachment:
EPU20M15_DOK_HGandFills.png
EPU20M15_DOK_HGandFills.png [ 35.31 KiB | Viewed 386 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:13 pm 

Now I will post my analysis and impressions of what those WRB HGs meant in the context of the chart.

First,at the left of the chart(annotated),we can see a WRB that fills 2 previous HGs,and then,once the next bar closes,proceeds to create a strong WRB HG(HG number 3 in the chart) that shows a change from previous supply to actual demand by the key players.
HG number 3 then acts as a magnet/support area in 2 occasions where we see a bar rebounding on it,and then proceeding higher.

HGs 4 and 5 show changes from Demand to(more) Demand,so a clear continuation of Demand by the key players.
Again,both HGs subsequently act as magnets/support areas with bars rebounding on them and proceeding higher.

Additionally,HG number 4 happens after a breakout of the previous session High,IMHO lending validity to the breakout.
While HG number 5 has been filled by using the HG fill criteria,it hasn't if we use the WRBody one,so,it may still be a potential target area in the future.

From a trading point of view,the fact that HGs 3,4 and 5 acted as magnets and then price rebounded in the direction signalled by the HG(Demand,hence UP) could have been used for entries with fairly good R/R.I am not yet aware of the trading signals of the method,so,my next comments are based only in my trading experience and what I have observed so far of the WRBs.I personally could have entered at close of rebounding bar,with a SL just below the WRB that created the HG and a TP either by a measured move(18-30 points targets) or a 2 or 3 multiple of the Risk.Probably a better entry could have been had by switching to a lower timeframe,but this is a matter for the trading journal,once I get more knowledge.

The most important information the chart transmits is WRB HG 3,half an hour before the start of the RTH session,you knew the mood of the key players was set on demand(I would say strong demand based on the filling of the 2 previous HGs(HGs 1 and 2) by the WRB first and on the creation of HG number 3)so,the strategy to use was "No shorts"+Buy pullbacks....Then HG 4 confirming the previous session high break-out and HG5 further confirming continuation of demand kept giving advance tips about "No Shorts",and,indeed,we had what could be defined as a nice 50+ points Trend day,after the initial games played post open.
W

Attachment:
EPU20M15_DOK_WRBHG_Uses.png
EPU20M15_DOK_WRBHG_Uses.png [ 46.86 KiB | Viewed 366 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:54 pm 

Please take a look at the attached chart of EURUSD M30.

The KME is FOMC Member Williams speaks.started at 11:10 ET and his chat and Q&A session went on for some time,AND this happened after a series of data releases both for EUR and USD,so,it was the last of the events,and it clearly affected the mood of the key players changing previous demand into supply.

Conditions met by this Swing Point 1(Bearish Swing Point):

1- Qualification:1st WRB HG Close > than any previous WRB HG.

2-WRB HG in the same interval as KME.

3-PA after Bearish WRB HG continues in the same direction(Down) filling previous WRB HG before the formation of next swing point.

4-Additionally(even if not necessary due to condition 3 being filled) PA fills 3 consecutive same direction PRIOR intervals before next swing point.

I will keep posting in newer posts the examples of Swing Point 2 and Continuation 1 and 2.

I would appreciate your comments,if any.

W

Attachment:
EURUSDM30_DOK2_SP1.png
EURUSDM30_DOK2_SP1.png [ 58.47 KiB | Viewed 768 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:39 pm 

Another Example of Swing Point 1,this time in AUDUSD M1 at the time of the Employment Change and Unemployment Rate announcements.

1-Same interval as the KME,to the minute(I used M1 bars to confirm).
2-Qualifies close of the new Bearish WRB HG is higher than any prior still unfilled UP WRB HG
3-PA after the HG continues in same direction and fills previous HG before next swing point(It also fills seven consecutive prior same direction bars)
4-This creates a WRB Zone (In Red) where Demand switched into supply.
5-This Zone then acted as resistance

W

Attachment:
AUDUSDM1_DOK2_SP1.png
AUDUSDM1_DOK2_SP1.png [ 66.38 KiB | Viewed 381 times ]