TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ch. 2 questions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:33 pm 

Please help with the following queries:

1. Ch 2: in relation to Forex USD/JPY currency @ download/file.php?id=3085 graph, both the upper and lower purple lines should move to the highest high and lowest low of the 3 consecutive up intervals so that it'll completely fill in the said 3 consecutive up range, is that so?

2. Ch 2: under Bullish Swing Point of Swing Point #2, you mention "Next, after the first WRB Hidden GAP interval, there must have been three consecutive higher closing intervals", I think instead of the word "three", it should be "two" because the 1st WRB HG belongs to one of the three consecutive higher closing intervals, therefore after the said 1st WRB HG, there should be only 2 more consecutive higher closing intervals required; same with the Bearish Swing Point of Swing Point #2 . Is my understanding correct?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Ch. 2 questions
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:11 pm 

I am the temporary admin while wrbtrader is in the hospital. He posted a message about being in the hospital at viewtopic.php?f=360&t=4242

I think he's having surgery to fix a problem he's been dealing with since early this year.

I found a message post in the private thread section. Your questions are answered last year. I was part of that conversation involving several new charts and his edit of old charts in tutorial chapter 2. I attached a chart from the private thread section that reflects the updated chart.

answer 1:
Attachment:
Chapter-2-Down-Swing-Point-2-Forex-USDJPY-Currencies.png
Chapter-2-Down-Swing-Point-2-Forex-USDJPY-Currencies.png [ 75.56 KiB | Viewed 387 times ]

answer 2: I posted the full paragraph below.

Quote:
Next, after the first WRB Hidden GAP interval, there must have been three consecutive higher closing intervals and each interval is (Close > Open) prior to the next swing point. The first WRB Hidden GAP is one of the three consecutive higher closing intervals. Further, the three consecutive higher closing intervals involving the first WRB Hidden GAP, they must occur after the key market event.

He said in the private threads that you can leave it the way it is or say it as others suggested...

There should be only 2 more consecutive higher closing intervals after/above the first Up WRB Hidden GAP interval if the first Up WRB Hidden GAP interval is the first interval of the three consecutive intervals.

I myself have edited the way I like it but left his statement that's above as is because I'm afraid that if I change it to "two Up intervals" above the Up WRB Hidden GAP interval that I will start thinking there only needs to be two total intervals instead of three total intervals in the Up direction with higher closes. Also, if you notice closely in the chart, there's an interval label as 1 that's before the First Up WRB Hidden GAP interval. If you said it the way you did...we will make the mistake of not counting any small UP intervals that may occur before the First Up WRB Hidden GAP interval. I think that's why he edited the chart to include the red numbers identification of the three consecutive Up intervals.

He also included a new statement that the Up WRB Hidden GAP interval can be any where among the three consecutive (same direction) Up intervals with each interval closing higher than the prior interval. That would imply your definition would require the First WRB Hidden GAP interval to be fixed in position as the first interval only of the three consecutive intervals.

I think he's trying to say that the word "first" does not imply its the first interval. It only implies its the WRB Hidden GAP (the first one) interval that showed up after volatility contraction intervals. That's the way I've understood it.

I know wrbtrader is big on telling us to re-write it in a way that it makes sense to us and many of us have done that too although we don't agree with each other about the way we re-wrote it differently from each other. I myself use my own charts (stock charts) because the old study guide doesn't have any stock charts in it. The new version has stock charts in it.

I hope the above helps.

Huey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:37 am 

Thanks for your reply and hope Mark will get well soon.

My 2nd question is referring to Forex EUR/USD currency @ download/file.php?id=1054, which is under Bullish Swing Point of Swing Point #2.

It seems that your explanation to my 2nd question is using Forex USD/JPY currency @ download/file.php?id=3085, which is under Bearish Swing Point of Swing Point #1.

My apologies if I got it wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

dora wrote:
Thanks for your reply and hope Mark will get well soon.

My 2nd question is referring to Forex EUR/USD currency @ download/file.php?id=1054, which is under Bullish Swing Point of Swing Point #2.

It seems that your explanation to my 2nd question is using Forex USD/JPY currency @ download/file.php?id=3085, which is under Bearish Swing Point of Swing Point #1.

My apologies if I got it wrong.

Hi Dora,

In the new version 2.6 of the WRB Analysis Free Study Guide...the phrase Bullish Swing Point is changed to Up Swing Point to take away the emphasis of "bullish" although you didn't ask about that.

I did this because I discover many users thought I was "predicting" that the swing point was a bullish signal and will continue upwards. Therefore, they thought it was a "Long position signal" when in reality it was just identifying a WRB Zone.

In addition, I've included the words that the WRB Hidden GAP interval can be (not required) counted as one of the "three consecutive same colour / direction intervals. Further, I included several different chart examples instead of just one chart example.

Thus, the Up WRB Hidden GAP interval can be one of the required three consecutive Up (Close > Open) intervals with higher closes OR there can be two consecutive Up (Close > Open) intervals with higher closes that are > close of the Up WRB Hidden GAP interval.

Below attachment...is the edited version of the old chart for the Up Swing Point #2 (bullish swing point #2).
Attachment:
Chapter-2-Up-Swing-Point-2-Forex-EURUSD-Currencies.png
Chapter-2-Up-Swing-Point-2-Forex-EURUSD-Currencies.png [ 76.01 KiB | Viewed 370 times ]

Chart from the prior version 2.5 of the WRB Analysis Free Study Guide that you're talking about @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/download/file.php?id=1054

P.S. I'm back home from the hospital and currently in rehab with a private fitness instructor to help configure (make changes) to my home exercise room.

Regards,
TheStrategyLab.com
M.A. Perry
wrbtrader@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:49 am 

Hi Mark,

Glad to know that you're back home from hospital.

Thanks for your clarification.

Will download the latest Free Study Guide later (as my computers are all down for over 1 week :mad: , still waiting for my friend to come again to fix those viruses).

Will re-study your materials again once my computers and files are back to normal.

bbl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:39 am 
Site Admin

Hi Dora,

It's one of the changes I make with the new version involving many key concepts represented by several different examples to show different price actions instead of one chart example as commonly shown in the old version (current version).

Yet, I'm concentrating on trying to get permission from many users in the private thread section so that I can use their chart examples & explanations in the WRB Analysis Free Study Guide because some of them explain some of the key concepts much better than I do. Even better, they do it as a different perspective of WRB Analysis.

Some of the best examples are by members that are using the key concepts of WRB Analysis Free Study Guide with their own trade signal strategies. Thus, I need to be very careful not to be advocating a particular trade signal strategy that myself do not even use in my own trading.

Serious...you'll be surprise to know how many users think the WRB Analysis Free Study Guide is about Japanese Candlestick Pattern Analysis because I used one example of a Japanese Candlestick Pattern in tutorial chapter 3. [ec5]

Tutorial Chapter 3 in the new version will have more examples of using the key concepts in many different trade signal strategies to prevent the WRB Analysis Free Study Guide from implying its only applicable to one type of trade strategy.

wrbtrader