TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DOK 3 Ch3 Tader Signals/Trade Mngmt
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:24 am 

Short Trade with a Bearish engulfing pattern as my signal (within a variation of the "Evening Star"). This trade was stopped out after a partial profit taking. So, I continued the trade with other shorts (which, I assume, all fall under the "trade signals as WRB Zones") as this is what I mostly do anyway (short, not assume...). First, a tweezer top and second, a more subjective short with a lower high price rejection indicating failing support within the WRB Zone.

Some assumptions were taken and probably need some adjustments via WRB Analysis criteria!

Attachments:
DOK 3 Trade Mngmt.png
DOK 3 Trade Mngmt.png [ 215.83 KiB | Viewed 421 times ]

Post subject: Re: DOK 3 Ch3 Tader Signals/Trade Mngmt
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

Thanks for the good tutorial chapter 3 DOKs.

I myself primarily use Japanese Candlestick patterns as WRB Zones or early clues to exit a profitable trade that has gone beyond a WRB profit target 2 level.

Thus, I rarely use Japanese Candlestick patterns as trade signals although prior to 2008 I had used them more than I do today. The past year they've been about 5% of my trade signals whereas prior to 2008 they were about 10% of my trade signals.

Regards,
M.A. Perry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:57 am 

That's an interesting/confusing comment since everything I've seen here is based on candlestick signals thus applied the same reasoning. It certainly begs the question "What do you use?" ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

Bobbygr wrote:
That's an interesting/confusing comment since everything I've seen here is based on candlestick signals thus applied the same reasoning. It certainly begs the question "What do you use?" ...

My trade signals (entry signals) are not based upon Japanese Candlestick patterns. This fact is stated in the WRB Analysis free study guide.

In contrast, my trade signals are based upon "changes in volatility" via the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

I only use Japanese Candlestick patterns in tutorial chapter 3 as an example of WRB Zones because Japanese Candlestick patterns are excellent for WRB Zones and a resource that anyone can look up on the internet for free. Thus, I'm a little confused by your statement that "everything I've seen here is based on candlestick signals" considering tutorial chapter 3 states its just for "example only" and you should be using your own trade signal strategies...whatever that may be.

Yet, in the new version (not yet released) of the WRB Analysis free study guide...I use other examples of trade signals as WRB Zones that's commonly known on the internet although I myself don't use them as trade signals such as flag patterns, double bottoms/tops, price moving averages, s/r breakouts and other commonly known chart patterns (e.g. wedges).

Regards,
M.A. Perry
http://www.thestrategylab.com