TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Small things in chapter 1 that took some work for me to see.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:19 pm 

The small stuff of WRB analysis Chapter 1 of WRB Tutorial Chapters 1-3

The title refers to the things that can be a little hard to see in WRB analysis, at least from my viewpoint.

1.) Sharing a tick. When I first saw those words I went into a spin and needed to get out of it. What is a tick? It is a bug that

bites you, and it is the minimum price movement of any trading instrument as reflected on its chart. How can that be shared? It

is not so hard after all. All it is is a number. Numbers can be shared.
So if the close of a completed bar/candlestick is at 1.0354 there are likely dozens of bars over the history of the chart that

completed their assigned mission of reflecting price over a period of time or a number of tick movements and that have that

price of 1.0354 somewhere along their ranges. This can be called out with a horizontal line at 1.0354. Many bars/candlesticks

will intersect this line. I was feeling better.

2.) WRB is defined by the smaller ranges of the previous 3 bars/candlesticks. If you are using open/close ranges or hi/low

ranges the same rule applies. In other words if you have 3 smaller range bars/candlestics followed by a bar/candlestick that

has a range that is larger than each of the ranges of the 3 previous bars/candlesticks you can call it a WRB. Ie. three small

followed by one bigger than each of the 3, you have a WRB. It even ryhms a little. No problem I say.

3. Up next in my brain is the word "interval" I believe it is a word used in the traditional way: a space in a sequence;
or an item in a sequence. Sequence in this case is mapped out by time and distance. Time passes and the chart produces

more bars/candlesticks in accordance with the way the bar/candlestick is configured. An interval in a chart can be an item

(bar/candlestick) or a space (an absent bar/candlestick). A bar/candlestick and the end of the price action is not an interval I

would think because the sequence has ended at the end bar. One could say the "next" interval meaning the one that will be

created after the present bar/candlestick. In that context "interval" is an idea. But you can get crazy with this sort of thing like

trying to think about an infinitely small or large dimension.

4. WRB Hidden Gap So I got comfortable with the "sharing ticks" idea. WRB Hidden Gaps are involved with ticks as part of

their definition. A WRB becomes a WRB Hidden gap when sequence has extended beyond the WRB by one interval and you

compare the interval just before the WRB with the interval just after the WRB and find that there is a gap between the ends of

the two. You are focusing on the interval before and the interval after the WRB.
The actual gap in/on what was the WRB is defined using the full range of the before and after intervals. The difference

between the opposing ranges of these intervals, before and after, is the actual gap of the WRB Hidden Gap.
You can draw the hidden gap zone by using the actual gap or by using the full body of the now WRB Hidden Gap. The two

zones will likely differ in their widths. According to p 39 of WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1,2 and 3 each method can be

used.

BUT if the before and after intervals share a tick/same price (just one or more) you have only a WRB. It is not a WRB Hidden

gap. I am curious to find put if there are exceptions to this. To that I will need to continue which sounds really good to me.

See accompanying charts

Attachments:
WRB Failed hidden gapAUDUSDH4.png
WRB Failed hidden gapAUDUSDH4.png [ 42.75 KiB | Viewed 347 times ]
WRB WRB HG Sharing ticks chartAUDUSDH4.png
WRB WRB HG Sharing ticks chartAUDUSDH4.png [ 40.96 KiB | Viewed 355 times ]