TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DOK Chapters 1 & 2
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:44 am 

Dear Traders,

Attached DOK 1 & 2 of what I had learned so far. On DOK 2 there is a trade I would had entered with confidence based on WRB analysis concepts.

Still I'm reading the tutorial and will post DOK 3 in 1 week. I'm not an expert posting charts so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Luis

Attachments:
$AUDUSD (Daily)  DOK Chap1.jpg
$AUDUSD (Daily) DOK Chap1.jpg [ 86.71 KiB | Viewed 472 times ]
$EURJPY (Daily)  DOK Chap2.jpg
$EURJPY (Daily) DOK Chap2.jpg [ 97.4 KiB | Viewed 527 times ]

Post subject: Re: DOK Chapters 1 & 2
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:50 am 
Site Admin

foxlac wrote:
Dear Traders,

Attached DOK 1 & 2 of what I had learned so far. On DOK 2 there is a trade I would had entered with confidence based on WRB analysis concepts.

Still I'm reading the tutorial and will post DOK 3 in 1 week. I'm not an expert posting charts so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Luis

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the DOK charts.

Chart @ download/file.php?id=4850&mode=view

You have identified incorrectly 7 WRB intervals as WRB Hidden GAP intervals. Thus, they are not WRB Hidden GAP intervals. Hopefully, you can determine which ones they are without me having to post a corrected chart. You can call your chart a test now...to look for the 7 intervals you incorrectly identified as WRB Hidden GAPs with the grey arrows.

Chart @ download/file.php?id=4851&mode=view

Very interesting chart. I see the tutorial chapter 3 swing point #2 price action that you've identified on your chart. Then later on your chart I see the contracted volatility intervals in the WRB Zone near where your Bollinger Bands begin to contract too. Then you show your trade signal as the "pin bar" price action.

Thanks for the chart example. I've only worked with a few users here at the forum that use Bollinger Bands with Pin Bar as a trade signal strategy.

Regards,
M.A. Perry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:16 am 

Mark,

Many Thanks for the feedback.

Definitely will review the chart and the Tutorial to improve and will post the DOK again.

With pin bars, Issue I find sometimes is there are not many and then the psychological factor makes me enter trades that normally wouldn't had taken. This is one of my goals following your WRB concepts: to be more objective on trading.

Cheers,

Luis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

foxlac wrote:
Mark,

Many Thanks for the feedback.

Definitely will review the chart and the Tutorial to improve and will post the DOK again.

With pin bars, Issue I find sometimes is there are not many and then the psychological factor makes me enter trades that normally wouldn't had taken. This is one of my goals following your WRB concepts: to be more objective on trading.

Cheers,

Luis

Hi Luis,

Its absolutely critical you develop patience to wait for the appearance of valid trade signals. Without it...no trade method can fix that.

Thus, WRB Analysis does not fix psychological trading problems. In fact, I don't think any kind'uv of trade method can fix psychological trading problems. It really is something that we traders need to resolve on our own because its not something that's taught.

That's why we can learn a strategy on our own but a strategy does not teach someone how to trade.

My point is this. Objective trade methods does not imply you will not wake up one day and decide to take a trade that has no valid trade signal. Objective trade methods does not prevent over trading. Objective trade methods does not prevent someone from misusing leverage and so many other things.

The only way objective methods can resolve some discipline issues...it must then be automated as in automation trading. I've met a few guys that their discipline problems was so severe and so deep that it was not fixable. They eventually developed automated trading systems to take the emotion out of their trading.

Regards,
M.A. Perry