TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DOK Chapter 2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:31 am 

Hi,

Attached is SPY 1 hour interval chart.

KME is FOMC Meeting Minutes on 17 Aug which formed a WRB HG. Price action also fills up the prior WRB HG.

This is a bullish swing point #1. I am using the body of the first WRB HG as the WRB zone.

Q: I usually use daily chart because I do swing trades. However the KME didn't form a WRB zone on the daily chart but it did on an hourly chart. So in this case do I trade using hourly chart or daily chart using the WRB zone?

Cheers

Attachments:
DOK 2.png
DOK 2.png [ 31.17 KiB | Viewed 665 times ]

Post subject: Re: DOK Chapter 2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:47 am 
Site Admin

bensim wrote:
Hi,

Attached is SPY 1 hour interval chart.

KME is FOMC Meeting Minutes on 17 Aug which formed a WRB HG. Price action also fills up the prior WRB HG.

This is a bullish swing point #1. I am using the body of the first WRB HG as the WRB zone.

Q: I usually use daily chart because I do swing trades. However the KME didn't form a WRB zone on the daily chart but it did on an hourly chart. So in this case do I trade using hourly chart or daily chart using the WRB zone?

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for the tutorial chapter 2 DOK.

Its recommended that you only look for trade signals on the same time frame as the WRB Zone. Therefore, in this particular price action situation on your chart that has the WRB Zone on the hourly chart...you would only look for trade signals on the hourly chart.

In contrast, some traders are multi time frame traders...I'm not one of them. Thus, they use a higher time frame to help confirm something they see on a lower time frame.

For example, one user of WRB Analysis...if she gets a WRB Zone on the hourly chart, she then uses parallel (horizontal) lines to mark the R area and S area of the WRB Zone on the hourly chart but then waits to see if her trade signal appears on the daily chart within those horizontal lines. Also, vice versa, she does the same. Thus, if she gets a WRB Zone on the daily chart...she looks for trade signals within the WRB Zones on the hourly chart and the daily chart.

The reason I myself do not do this is because its a ton more work and I've never researched the merits of such in comparison to other users that are multi time frame traders using WRB Analysis.

Regards,
M.A. Perry

Post subject: Re: DOK Chapter 2
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:43 pm 

Hi,

Noted. Thanks for the explanation. :)