TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DOK Chapter 1 question
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:57 am 

I understand what and how to pick which bar is the WRB. However, one thing I can't wrap my head around, is there a specific time period that is best when looking for the WRB.

For that matter, does time matter as well, ie...tick vs minutes. For instance, I usually trade the 233 and 512 ticks, and these are the bars that I will use to display more knowledge on the subject.

What I am asking, should I be looking at a particular time period to be more effective using WRB strategy for trading the ES.

Post subject: Re: DOK Chapter 1 question
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:03 am 
Site Admin

usdivers wrote:
I understand what and how to pick which bar is the WRB. However, one thing I can't wrap my head around, is there a specific time period that is best when looking for the WRB.

For that matter, does time matter as well, ie...tick vs minutes. For instance, I usually trade the 233 and 512 ticks, and these are the bars that I will use to display more knowledge on the subject.

What I am asking, should I be looking at a particular time period to be more effective using WRB strategy for trading the ES.

Hi,

Your trading style determines the time period. For example, if you're a swing trader, you will obviously not be trading via small time frame charts.

Just the same, if you favor 233 and 512 tick charts...that's a scalpers time frame. Thus, if you're scalping...that time frame is suitable for such. Yet, if you're trying to capture 5, 10, 15 ES points...tick charts are obviously not a suitable time frame because it doesn't fit well with the trading style of someone trying to capture a lot of points.

Simply, there is no specific time frame for WRB Analysis that will make it more effective than another time frame. The time frame is decided by your trading style or goal in trading.

Regards,
M.A. Perry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:44 am 

wrbtrader wrote:
usdivers wrote:

Hi,

Your trading style determines the time period. For example, if you're a swing trader, you will obviously not be trading via small time frame charts.

Just the same, if you favor 233 and 512 tick charts...that's a scalpers time frame. Thus, if you're scalping...that time frame is suitable for such. Yet, if you're trying to capture 5, 10, 15 ES points...tick charts are obviously not a suitable time frame because it doesn't fit well with the trading style of someone trying to capture a lot of points.

Simply, there is no specific time frame for WRB Analysis that will make it more effective than another time frame. The time frame is decided by your trading style or goal in trading.

Regards,
M.A. Perry

Can I ask, what time period you use most often?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:41 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

I don't have a favorite time period. I have on my charts the 15min, 5min, 3min, 2min and 1min chart intervals.

I would guess the 3min chart I see the most signals right now because its an interval that's centered on my monitor. I learned a long time ago that I tend to miss LESS signals via a particular interval by moving it to the center of my monitor.

Thus, if I was to put the 5min chart in the middle and the other chart intervals on the side monitors...I would tend to see more trade signals on the 5min chart in comparison to the other intervals.

On trading days of FOMC Announcements or whenever I'm expecting something to have a big impact on the price action...I'll move the 1min chart to the center (an old habit) for that particular trading day.

Regards,
M.A. Perry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:35 am 

The first WRB Hidden GAP at/after a key market event must be a breakout interval of the range of each of its most recent three intervals that occurred before the first WRB Hidden GAP.

Can you please show me some examples? Not quite understand the breakout interval of the range of each of its most recent three intervals means? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:44 am 

I know there are several hidden WRB gaps in these charts. I thought I would start by just showing basic WRB identification first.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:49 am 

coolma1973 wrote:
The first WRB Hidden GAP at/after a key market event must be a breakout interval of the range of each of its most recent three intervals that occurred before the first WRB Hidden GAP.

Can you please show me some examples? Not quite understand the breakout interval of the range of each of its most recent three intervals means? Thanks

I am not sure what you are talking about, I am only going by chapter one, where it states "in regards to WRB (candlestick chart users), "is an interval that has a body (difference between Open and Close, with a price area larger than the bodies of each of the prior three intervals. (each interval individually compared to the WRB.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:03 am 

download/file.php?id=3085

Sorry had trouble copy and paste this chart. On this chart, I see the WRB hidden gap, and the 3 consecutive up intervals, but there are other 3 consecutive up intervals (and it filled). Does that mean you have to have both WRB hidden gap and 3 consecutive up intervals not just one or the other like download/file.php?id=3082 shows? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:18 am 

I am the last person to ask about stuff like that. I am working myself slowly through the first 3 chapters to try and make some sense of all this. Like Matt says that the WRB by itself does not tell you what direction the market is going to go. I am just trying to wrap my head around the basics, so I can then get into the live trading room, so hopefully it will make sense to me how all this data is being applied to trading.