TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Basic Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 DOKs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:28 am 

I have been read the chapter 1, I believe I am comfortable with the WRB and hidden WRB terminology. I would like to use it as WideRangeBody in the candle stick chart. As I can see the TimeFrame is not really important to prove myself here, so here is an example:

Attachment:
File comment: DOK lesson 1 mergodon
dok_Les1_1.png
dok_Les1_1.png [ 39.21 KiB | Viewed 632 times ]

A little explanation: I have been added real gaps into the picture as you can see (I have been used RTH session template for the YM) My question here is the following. Mark with (1): If we have a real gap at the open, do we have to count that as a real BAR, so the marked hidden gaps WRB didnt qualified, because the gap is in the 3 interval bar range? Hope the question is clear

Thank you!

Post subject: DOK chapter 2 - swing point
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:52 am 

Here is a nice swing point example, after the news, with previus GAP filled. No real question here
Attachment:
File comment: swing point
dok_les2_1_swing point after news.png
dok_les2_1_swing point after news.png [ 104.22 KiB | Viewed 394 times ]

Post subject: Re: DOK chapter 1
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:13 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Thanks for the DOK and you missed one Up WRB Hidden GAP interval on the right side of your chart around 13:30 @ download/file.php?id=3660

In tutorial chapter 1 it explains that WRB Hidden GAPs and regular (RTH) session gaps have the exact same behavior. Yet, it doesn't discuss in the chapter 1 if you should count regular (RTH) session gaps as another interval as you have noticed.

The answer is no...you're not required to count the regular (RTH) session as an interval. Yet, I tell traders that want to count the regular (RTH) session gap as an interval...they should instead switch to the all session chart that contains the overnight data considering there may be WRB Hidden GAP intervals that qualified as a WRB Zone...that resulted in there being a regular (RTH) session gap.

I myself have both charts of RTH and Globex All Session so that I don't miss any important price action information that resulted as a key changed in supply/demand. Simply, if you choose to only use the RTH chart...you risk missing important change in supply/demand information on the Globex all session chart that had an impact on your Emini YM futures price action for the first few hours of the trading session.

Last of all, I see you're posting different types of charts in this same thread. Its best that you just start a new thread if the price actions are NOT the same or if the tutorial chapters are NOT the same to prevent confusing replies or missed replies.

Regards,
M.A. Perry

Post subject: DOK chapter 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:15 am 

Swing point with continuation
Attachment:
dok_les2_2_swing point after news.png
dok_les2_2_swing point after news.png [ 75.26 KiB | Viewed 375 times ]

Post subject: DOK chapter 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:24 am 

Strong continuation after news. reaction high was killed by hidden GAP
Attachment:
File comment: strong continuation
dok_les2_3_swing point after news.png
dok_les2_3_swing point after news.png [ 79.39 KiB | Viewed 336 times ]

Post subject: DOK chapter 3
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:56 am 

Trade management principle, and profit targets, are a big wuzzy yet. Basic idea, nice engulfing pattern to enter. Use the pattern zone, as a WBS arena, as a SL level.
Enter a trade. If the trade hit an old WBS zone, then scale out.
Consider to scale out everything when hitting the original explosion of the swing point (which was strong, because of the 3 continuation bar after the first WRB hidden gap)
Attachment:
dok_les3_1.png
dok_les3_1.png [ 138.63 KiB | Viewed 367 times ]