TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Demonstration of knowledge ( DOK) Chapter 1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:07 am 

Just an annoted chart to demonstrate understanding of chapter 1

Hidden gap long: Green dot
Hidden gap short: Red dot

Hidden gap play the same rules as a regular gap. They act like a magnet and the want to be close. Hidden gap region are valid until fully closed.

Once visited, a gap region is transform in a support / resistance region target

The hidden gap definition chart as been coded using Easylanguage. ( Tradestation, Multicharts) If anybody interested, I will post the code.

I think I understand well chapter 1.

Martin

N.B: Please excuse my English. I'm more fluent in French

Attachments:
File comment: Hidden Gap chart
Hidden Gap_1.jpg
Hidden Gap_1.jpg [ 214.25 KiB | Viewed 493 times ]

Post subject: Re: Demonstration of knowledge ( DOK) Chapter 1
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:02 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Thanks for the chart.

It's important to understand that price action above or below the WRB Hidden GAP does not designate the Hidden GAP as support or resistance. Thus, price action above the Hidden GAP does not imply the Hidden GAP is support. Just the same, price action below the Hidden GAP does not imply the Hidden GAP is resistance...similar to traditional s/r levels.

In contrast, when price action enters the area of the WRB Hidden GAP...the R (resistance) is always at the top and the S (support) is always at the bottom of the same hidden gap.

Yet, it's OK to merge traditional s/r analysis with WRB Analysis especially if traditional s/r analysis is a key aspect of your trade methodology. Also, I see you're using volume analysis with WRB Analysis although I myself do not use nor teach volume analysis.

Here's something very interesting on your chart that you should pay attention. Take a closer look at your WRB Hidden GAPs and you'll seen some of them within (testing) the range of a prior WRB Hidden GAP that had been closed. That implies a WRB pivot area...it's something I do not discuss in the tutorial chapters 1 - 12 but I do discuss it in the bonus advance tutorial chapters 13- 15 that has not been released but I do plan on giving free access to the bonus WRB tutorials to existing clients at the time of the release.

Thank you for the Tradestation and multichart codes to help other users.

Regards,
M.A. Perry

arjfca wrote:
Just an annoted chart to demonstrate understanding of chapter 1

Hidden gap long: Green dot
Hidden gap short: Red dot

Hidden gap play the same rules as a regular gap. They act like a magnet and the want to be close. Hidden gap region are valid until fully closed.

Once visited, a gap region is transform in a support / resistance region target

The hidden gap definition chart as been coded using Easylanguage. ( Tradestation, Multicharts) If anybody interested, I will post the code.

I think I understand well chapter 1.

Martin

N.B: Please excuse my English. I'm more fluent in French

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:55 pm 

Thank you Mark

Quote:
Here's something very interesting on your chart that you should pay attention. Take a closer look at your WRB Hidden GAPs and you'll seen some of them within (testing) the range of a prior WRB Hidden GAP that had been closed. That implies a WRB pivot area./quote]

Just to open my eyes, could you spot an highlight just one of the WRB hidden Gap that implies WRB pivot area. I understand that you discussed about it in a future tutorial

Quote:
It's important to understand that price action above or below the WRB Hidden GAP does not designate the Hidden GAP as support or resistance. Thus, price action above the Hidden GAP does not imply the Hidden GAP is support. Just the same, price action below the Hidden GAP does not imply the Hidden GAP is resistance...similar to traditional s/r levels.

To make sure that I understood what you wrote:

Within WRB study: Price action (or setup in my old habits) are valid only if they are within the region defined by a previous WRB. If not touching the defined region, they are not a part of the actual trading method that you teach.

Have a great day
Martin

Note: Is it possible to be notified by mail when a forum tread that we are following is modified?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
To make sure that I understood what you wrote:

Within WRB study: Price action (or setup in my old habits) are valid only if they are within the region defined by a previous WRB. If not touching the defined region, they are not a part of the actual trading method that you teach.

Have a great day
Martin

Note: Is it possible to be notified by mail when a forum tread that we are following is modified?

There are two primary ways to use WRB Analysis. You can use one or both of them.

1) Your trade signals are valid only if they are within the price area of a WRB Zone that's still open (not filled in).

2) Your trade management (initial stops, trailing stops, profit targets) are managed by WRB Zones or WRB Hidden GAPs.

As stated before, you can use one or both of the above methods of using WRB Analysis with your trade methods.

With that said, you can get email alerts when there's a new message in a forum thread or forum topic via using the "subscribe" that's located below the "new topic" button as shown in the below attached image.

Attachment:
041911-arjfca-how-to-subscribe-thread.png
041911-arjfca-how-to-subscribe-thread.png [ 208.79 KiB | Viewed 387 times ]

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry