TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question about VTR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:20 am 

My futures broker does not have the ability to track indicies such as the VIX or VXX.
1. Will the lack of VIX, VXX negatively affect my trading edge while use the Volatility Trading Report (VTR)?
2. Are these necessary or can I continue using a combination of ES, NQ, YM, and TF?

Would you consider this trading plan to be the pinnacle of all of your strategies?
Would it be more appropriate to learn these strategies in a specific order?
For example:
First - AJCTR
Second - APAOR
Third - STR
Fourth - VTR

Thank you for the time!
Alex

Post subject: Re: Question about VTR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:29 am 
Site Admin

Question: My futures broker does not have the ability to track indicies such as the VIX or VXX. Will the lack of VIX, VXX negatively affect my trading edge while use the Volatility Trading Report (VTR)?

I myself use an independent chart service (e.g. cqg, qcharts, futuresource, sierra, esignal) in comparison to the data provided by my broker for cross referencing. Simply, if my chart vendor and broker data is not on the same page within a tick or two...no trading.

Regardless, the VIX or VXX has nothing to do with the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). I myself use it to help avoid over trading whenever I see the VIX or VXX in a tight trading range. However, once in a while (a few times per month) I do take trades in the Emini TF based upon the price action of VIX / VXX but it's not my primary source of trade signals in the Emini TF. Thus, you can use the VIX or VXX to help with trade signals in the Emini Futures but it's not required nor a recommendation unless the VIX or VXX is already part of your trade methodology prior to TheStrategyLab.

Question: Are these necessary or can I continue using a combination of ES, NQ, YM, and TF?

Trading the Emini Futures, you can use anything that's highly correlated as in +90% or higher.

Question: Would you consider this trading plan to be the pinnacle of all of your strategies?

There are many strategies in the AJCTR, APAOR, STR, VTR and it is not the pinnacle of all the strategies. However, I do show many chart examples involving such and that in itself may imply such. Yet, recently, I've started doing custom documents for a few clients. For example, if you're trading Oil Energy CL futures...your copy will not contain any thing involving ES, NQ, YM and TF.

Question: Would it be more appropriate to learn these strategies in a specific order?

Alex, when someone becomes a client, they will see the following within the the WRB Analysis documents and the trade strategy documents. Simply, they must choose (I don't do it for them) any one of the below learning routes to prevent problems in learning and applying the trade methodology (study guide .doc file posted below):

Image WRB Analysis Tutorials ---> AJCTR ---> APAOR ---> STR ---> VTR

Image WRB Analysis Tutorials ---> AJCTR ---> APAOR ---> VTR

Image WRB Analysis Tutorials ---> APAOR ---> STR ---> VTR

Image WRB Analysis Tutorials ---> APAOR ---> VTR

Further, you must first learn the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 – 4 for a minimum of 10 trading days prior to learning the pattern signal rules depending upon which of the above learning routes you have selected. It is during the first 10 trading days that you can begin posting your DOK’s associated with the tutorial chapters 1 – 4 but only after you think you have a good understanding of tutorial chapters 1 - 4.

Next, you can begin learning the pattern signal rules via spending a minimum of 10 trading days on a simulator with each strategy prior to learning a new pattern signal strategy. Repeat this process until you reach the VTR pattern signal strategies.

Ignoring the above learning routes such as trying to learn the tutorial chapters 1 - 4 at the same time as you’re learning the pattern signals will cause learning or trading problems due to information overload by all the in-depth details.

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com