TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Daily Charts and Time Frames
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:10 am 

M.A.,

For those of us who cannot trade during the day, are the trading techniques included in the Volatility Trading Report applicable to daily charts? Sometimes, trading techniques are said to "apply to all markets and time frames," when actually the techniques really work best for day traders. Have you or others regularly and successfully traded the VTR techniques using daily charts?

In trading the VTR techniques intraday yourself, which time frames do you use? Are you using 5-minute bars? 10-minute bars? 1-hour bars?

If I did want to try day trading the VTR techniques but could not trade during the regular trading day, are any of the markets you trade using the VTR techniques tradeable on intraday time frames after hours? If so, which markets, during which hours, and which time frames outside of the regular trading day would apply?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Daily Charts and Time Frames
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:29 am 
Site Admin

StratWave wrote:
M.A.,

For those of us who cannot trade during the day, are the trading techniques included in the Volatility Trading Report applicable to daily charts? Sometimes, trading techniques are said to "apply to all markets and time frames," when actually the techniques really work best for day traders. Have you or others regularly and successfully traded the VTR techniques using daily charts?

In trading the VTR techniques intraday yourself, which time frames do you use? Are you using 5-minute bars? 10-minute bars? 1-hour bars?

If I did want to try day trading the VTR techniques but could not trade during the regular trading day, are any of the markets you trade using the VTR techniques tradeable on intraday time frames after hours? If so, which markets, during which hours, and which time frames outside of the regular trading day would apply?

Thanks.

The Volatility Trading Report (VTR) is applicable for any time frame. However, I myself use it on 1min intervals and higher such as the 2min, 3min, 5min, 15min and 60min charts while a few clients use it on daily and weekly charts.

Thus, I myself have only applied it with real money for day trading while simulator on daily and weekly charts.

As for after hours trading, I don't know what time zone your in but if you're in North America...Hang Seng HSI or MHI futures or early morning hours the Eurex DAX, DJstoxx50 or Euronext CAC40 and FTSE100.

With that said, most vendors will intentionally make a false claim that their trade method is applicable to all trading instruments when in fact they've never traded ALL trading instruments nor do they know anyone that has applied their method to ALL trading instruments that's available for trading.

Thus, I only advertise my trade signal strategies for trading instruments I've traded or have clients applying the trade signal strategies to a specific trading instrument. In contrast, my WRB Analysis Tutorials is applicable to all trading instruments only because its advance supply/demand analysis. Simply, as a trader/vendor, I can only provide proper support if I'm familiar with the price action of a particular trading instrument.

By the way, below is the current list of applicable trading instruments.

(Note: The official list of applicable trading instruments http://www.thestrategylab.com/TradingInstruments.htm)

WRB Analysis Tutorials

This is a discretionary market analysis involving 3 basic tutorial chapters and 9 advance tutorial chapters that provides the understanding of the price action prior to the appearance of any trade strategy (entry signals) you may be using.

* All stocks, futures, exchange traded funds and forex currencies

Trade Signal Strategies

The AJCTR, APAOR, STR or VTR strategies are an objective (rule based) trading plan from entry to exit.

* CME Emini Futures EMD, ES and NQ

* ICE Emini TF (formerly CME ER2)

* CBOT mini-sized Dow Futures YM

* Eurex Index Derivatives (futures) DAX and DJ Euro Stoxx50

* Eurex Fixed Income Derivatives BUND, BOBL and Schatz

* Euronext Futures FTSE-100 and CAC-40

* CME Futures EuroFX EC

* Treasury Futures T-Notes ZT, ZN, ZF and T-Bonds ZB

* Forex Currencies EurUsd, EurYen and UsdCdn

* Exchange Traded Funds BGU, DIA, FAS, FAZ, GLD, IWM, QQQQ, SPY, OIH, TNA and XLE

* NYMEX Energies Light Crude Oil CL, e-miNY QM and Natural Gas NG

* COMEX Metals Gold GC, mini-Gold YG and Silver SI

* Hang Seng Index Futures HSI and mini-Hang Seng MHI

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
http://www.thestrategylab.com