TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question about VTR and the chatroom
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:56 pm 

Lets say I purchase VTR, since I will be new at this I might not be good at indentifying the patterns, so I have two questions
1) Do the buyers have access to the chatroom immediatly without like 5-6 requirements and 30 day waiting periods?
2) Do people in the chatroom warn others that such and such formation is starting helping out those that are starting to indentify patterns themselves?

Post subject: Re: Question about VTR and the chatroom
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

Stormwolf wrote:
Lets say I purchase VTR, since I will be new at this I might not be good at indentifying the patterns, so I have two questions
1) Do the buyers have access to the chatroom immediatly without like 5-6 requirements and 30 day waiting periods?
2) Do people in the chatroom warn others that such and such formation is starting helping out those that are starting to indentify patterns themselves?

Answer #1

To prevent members from being confused about any discussions within the #VolatilityTradingTSL chat room...I require members to first learn tutorial chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4 along with learning the APAOR trade signal strategies to ensure they understand the conversation about WRB S/R Zones, APAOR trade signals and VTR trade signals whenver someone is asking questions or members discussion anything related to those topics.

In the past, I did not have this requirement and it was chaos because too many members would misunderstand something said by another member or me. Worst...someone ask a question but the answer doesn't make sense because they haven't learned the required initial tutorials or basic strategies from the APAOR.

The other requirement is that members post a "trader profile" so that others know a little about each other.

It usually takes about 30 days for a member to learn the basic information and a few minutes to post a trader profile to gain access to #VolatilityTradingTSL.

However, to ensure the member is still learning while using #VolatilityTradingTSL...the member is require to post something called a DOK (demonstration of knowledge) at the forum. Also, if the member decides not to post the DOK...that's ok and I will NOT kick the member out of the chat room. Simply, I have a few clients that say they do not want to post the info because it's easy. Yet, it's odd that they are the ones that use to get confused the most about the material in the past.

Edit: There is a requirement to post another DOK after the member gains access to #VolatilityTradingTSL but that requirement must be completed within 30 days after gaining access and then again within 60 days after gaining access to the #VolatilityTradingTSL to help ensure that those using the room are continuing their learning to prevent misunderstandings while using the chat room.

Answer #2

Rarely but if one person starts a conversation...others will follow. I myself only respond in #VolatilityTradingTSL when a question is asked. In addition, on few occassions each month, I'll explain a trade I've taken (a trade that was posted in real-time) but only after the trade completes.

Activity in #VolatilityTradingTSL is dependent upon the members themselves...I'm mainly there to answer questions when questions are asked especially if the question deals with something occurring currently in the price action.

Also note that most clients do not like chat rooms in general because they think they are a distraction to their trading and most clients are very comfortable in learning the material on their own without the need to log into a chat room. However, if they do have questions, they usually post it at the VTR discussion forum instead of the chat room because they don't feel rushed at the forum.

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
http://www.thestrategylab.com