TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: P n F Charts with WRB Analysis
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:19 am 

Hello Traders, Since discovering WRB and WRBHG, I have looked at a lot of chart types (several minute, tick, etc). I have started looking at PnF charts and found it very interesting. Is anyone else using PnF? I would like to start a discussion if there is any interest... I mainly trade CL and the PnF chart makes the chart less noisey.

Thx
BobC

Attachments:
PnF with HG.PNG
PnF with HG.PNG [ 55.61 KiB | Viewed 476 times ]

Post subject: Re: P n F Charts
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:31 am 
Site Admin

BobC wrote:
Hello Traders, Since discovering WRB and WRBHG, I have looked at a lot of chart types (several minute, tick, etc). I have started looking at PnF charts and found it very interesting. Is anyone else using PnF? I would like to start a discussion if there is any interest... I mainly trade CL and the PnF chart makes the chart less noisey.

Thx
BobC

Hi Bob,

PnF charts is old school. Meaning, its something that was popular and peak in the past in the 1990s.

It will be hard to start a conversation about trading via PnF charts here at this forum considering most are not old enough...most likely they don't know anything about it.

My suggestion is to have an account on Stocktwits and Twitter. Talk about PnF chart trading and then post brief info on stocktwits and twitter that points readers back here to this thread that contains more detailed info that you want to discuss.

Regards,
M.A. Perry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:19 pm 

Thanks Mark.... it is old school, I agree. Most of trading is old school. Candle patterns, moving averages, MrktProfile, etc are all old. Old ideas combined with modern technology can be very helpful. There is a resurgence in the PnF concepts. DB Vaello (Order Flow Analytics) built a business around his Probe and Rotate candle, which is an adaptation of PnF. I am no expert by any means, and have looked at PnF before, but it seems to make a lot of sense with your WRB HG. Your suggestion is a good one. I don't really want to start yet another avenue of conversation. My head might explode. I will see if anything comes out of here and will continue to study...

Thanks for the follow up... and Merry Christmas !!!!
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:09 pm 

Hello Traders, here is some followup on the PnF charts. The two charts attached are a 3min and a Tick 1,2,3 PnF of CL on 12/29. It was a fairly choppy day. The two charts have the WRB and WRB HG indicated. The HG on the PnF are much more reliable as support and resistance zones than the 3 minute and offer a better entry IMO. Since the Ninja PnF does not have candles, I made a new indi that draws a line for the WRB from High to low, similar to coloring the candle on a 'normal' chart. I added it to my post of the WRBHG

Let me know what you think of PnF.... hopefully it helps you.

Bob

Attachments:
PnF WRBHG.PNG
PnF WRBHG.PNG [ 75.66 KiB | Viewed 463 times ]
3M WRBHG.PNG
3M WRBHG.PNG [ 69.13 KiB | Viewed 444 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:27 am 
Site Admin

Hi Bob,

Very interesting and thanks for the chart examples.

I just learned something today that WRB Analysis can be applied to PnF charts.

Happy Safe Holidays and a Happy New Year.

Regards,
M.A. Perry

Post subject: Re: P n F Charts with WRB Analysis
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:13 am 

Thanks Mark... Since PnF charts are completely PA, no time,tick or other constraints, it appears to be a more accurate representation of what the WRB and HG are telling us. We will see...

Bob

and Happy New Year to you, yours and all...

Post subject: Re: P n F Charts with WRB Analysis
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:31 pm 

I am really liking the PnF and WRB HG combo... It is very clean and gives excellent areas for entry off of the HG's. The PnF presentation is completely price action (no time, volume, tick or other constraint). See pic.... By the way, the purple band at the bottom is my interpretation of the Open Range for the CL contract. Let me know what you think.

Thanks to XTrader for getting me started with WRB and Many Thanks to MA Perry for the time and effort to provide this site...

B

Attachments:
PnF WRBHG 1231.PNG
PnF WRBHG 1231.PNG [ 73.67 KiB | Viewed 464 times ]