TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: July 3rd Tuesday Price Action Trade Result Profit $4787.50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:54 pm 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Users of WRB Analysis Real-Time Trades - TheStrategyLab Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users of WRB Analysis Reviews / Accolades / Testimonials: http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
070318-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+4787.50.png
070318-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+4787.50.png [ 110.06 KiB | Viewed 403 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Quote:
Announcement - On Wednesday July 11th 2018, I will move my public trade journal into the private trade journal section. You must be a registered member of TheStrategyLab with an active trade journal here @ TheStrategyLab via a minimum of 21 trade journaling days (real money or simulator) to gain access to my now private trade journal @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=362

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $4787.50 dollars or +95.75 points, Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $4787.50 dollars

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=2864

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader along with the real-time trades by other users of WRB Analysis for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Also, as stated since the birth of the free chat room TheStrategyLab...we are not a signal calling trade alert room. Thus, there is no trader telling you what to trade, when to buy and when to sell. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades.

You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion at the above direct link to the archived chat log.

In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Quote:
These real-time trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades and prior to sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time price action analysis or real-time trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements...it also gives guest readers of the chat logs a peek into the trade performance of users of TheStrategyLab. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading and the chat room will be useless to you except for those silent chat room members that are posting their broker statements & quantitative statistical analysis of their trading in their private threads at the forum itself. Thus, we highly recommend that you use your broker trade execution platform (real money or simulator) with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they will provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading regardless if you're posting real-time trades or real-time price action analysis in the free chat room.

You can download your results and then post them in your private thread at the forum at the end of your trading day. This allows silent members to continue using the free chat room to just monitor the real time discussion whenever they want..useful if you view chat rooms as a distraction from your trading if you were to share real-time info about your trading for documentation in the chat room logs.

Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=358&t=3788 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
070318-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png
070318-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png [ 2.04 MiB | Viewed 396 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets discussed by members of TheStrategyLab chat room or private thread discussions

The Market at 01:30PM ET
Dow: -132.36… | Nasdaq: -65.01… | S&P: -13.49…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.14 bln… Adv: 1589… Dec: 1291…
NYSE Vol: 489.3 mln… Adv: 1852… Dec: 1052…

Moving the Market

Top-weighted technology and financials sectors weigh on the broader market

Micron (MU) leads semiconductor retreat after Chinese court rules against the company, temporarily banning its chip sales

S&P 500 drops back below its 50-day moving average (2719)

Investors reduce risk exposure ahead of Fourth of July holiday break; U.S. markets will reopen on Thursday

Sector Watch
Strong: Energy, Health Care, Consumer Staples, Utilities, Telecom Services, Real Estate
Weak: Financials, Technology

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The market ended an abbreviated Tuesday session on a disappointing note, falling victim to a late tech-led sell off. The S&P 500 ended lower by 0.5%, closing near its worst mark of the day and dropping about six points below its 50-day moving average. The Dow (-0.5%) and the Nasdaq (-0.9%) also slid, but the small-cap Russell 2000 added 0.3%.

Stocks opened Tuesday's session mostly higher, but the underperformance of the top-weighted technology (-1.4%) and financials (-1.1%) sectors -- which represent around 40% of the broader market combined -- kept the major averages in check.

Eventually those two sectors -- in addition to other cyclical groups like consumer discretionary (-0.6%), industrials (-0.4%), and materials (-0.3%) -- broke into a full-fledged retreat, overpowering gains from most countercyclical groups. Telecom services was the top-performing sector with a gain of 1.2%.

A Chinese court ruling that temporarily banned Micron (MU 51.48, -3.00) chip sales helped fuel a final leg of selling late in the session, further stoking fears of a trade war between the world's two largest economies. Micron shares lost 5.5%, and the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index finished lower by 1.8%.

Late losses were also likely fueled by a desire to limit risk exposure ahead of the Fourth of July holiday break; U.S. markets will reopen on Thursday.

In other corporate news, shares of Tesla (TSLA 310.86, -24.21) tumbled 7.2% on Tuesday following a Business Insider report that CEO Elon Musk ordered engineers to stop putting nearly finished Model 3s through a critical "brake and roll" test in an effort to achieve the company's long-elusive production target of 5,000 Model 3s per week. Separately, Facebook (FB 192.79, -4.57) shares lost 2.3% after The Washington Post reported that a federal investigation into the company's data breach with Cambridge Analytica has expanded.

Away from stocks, WTI crude futures had a volatile session, trading between -1.6% and +1.8%, before closing flat at $73.94 per barrel. News of supply disruptions in Libya and Canada helped fuel early gains, which were then rolled back following a subsequent report that Saudi Arabia is ready to use its spare capacity to maintain stability in the oil market.

Elsewhere, U.S. Treasuries rallied on Tuesday, pushing yields lower across the curve; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note dropped to 2.83% from 2.87%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index declined 0.2% to 94.41, and the CBOE Volatility Index jumped 4.9% to 16.37.

Tuesday's economic data was limited to Factory Orders for May:

The Factory Orders report for May showed an increase of 0.4% (Briefing.com consensus -0.2%). The April reading was revised to -0.4% from -0.8%.
The key takeaway from the report is that shipments of nondefense capital goods excluding aircraft were higher than what was seen in the Advance Durable Goods Orders Report for May. That improvement, though, was offset to large extent by a downward revision to April, so it shouldn't move the needle that much in terms of Q2 GDP growth prospects.

U.S. markets will be closed on Wednesday in celebration of the Fourth of July.

Nasdaq Composite +8.7% YTD
Russell 2000 +8.1% YTD
S&P 500 +1.5% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -2.2% YTD

Dow: -132.36… | Nasdaq: -65.01… | S&P: -13.49…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1589/1291. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1852/1052.

12:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 has dipped into negative territory for the first time today in recent trading, now down 0.1%.

Only three of eleven S&P sectors are in the red, but those three groups -- technology (-0.8%), financials (-0.5%), and consumer discretionary (-0.2%) -- are heavily-weighted, representing more than half of the broader market combined.

Within the tech space, chipmaker Micron (MU 52.08, -2.48) has slipped to new lows in recent trading, now down 4.7%, after a Chinese court ruled against the company, temporarily banning the sale of Micron chips.

In Europe, the major bourses finished Tuesday on a higher note, adding between 0.6% and 0.9%.
Dow: -34.11… | Nasdaq: -35.51… | S&P: -3.81…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1672/1120. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2048/842.

12:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages haven't moved since our last update. The S&P 500 remains higher by 0.1%.

Shares of Tesla (TSLA 316.05, -19.08) have dropped 5.7% today, hitting a four-week low and extending yesterday's 2.3% decline. Tesla's CEO Elon Musk said yesterday that the electric automaker hit its long-elusive production target of 5,000 Model 3 vehicles per week in the last seven days of the second quarter, but the market hasn't seemed impressed by the feat thus far.

Elsewhere, shares of Acuity Brands (AYI 133.27, +16.02) have spiked 13.8%, hitting a three-month high, after the company reported better-than-expected earnings and revenues for its fiscal third quarter this morning.
Dow: +10.42… | Nasdaq: -17.59… | S&P: +1.97…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1698/1086. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2129/757.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue to drift near their unchanged marks, although the small-cap Russell 2000 (+0.6%) is outperforming.

West Texas Intermediate crude futures were up nearly 2.0% earlier, hitting a fresh three-and-a-half year high, but are now down 1.5% at $72.86 per barrel following reports that Saudi Arabia is ready to use its spare capacity to maintain stability in the oil market. The energy sector is still outperforming though, up 0.9%.

Elsewhere, the U.S. Dollar Index is down 0.3% at 94.36 and is now 0.8% below the 11-month high it hit last Thursday.
Dow: +22.18… | Nasdaq: -3.61… | S&P: +2.74…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1839/916. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2163/690.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 is hovering a step above its flat line, up 0.1%, but the tech-heavy Nasdaq is trading flat.

Nine of eleven S&P 500 sectors are in the green, with the top-weighted technology (-0.3%) and financials (-0.2%) spaces being the two laggards. These two spaces represent around 40% of the broader market combined, so their underperformance has largely mitigated gains elsewhere.

Within the tech space, Facebook (FB 193.40, -3.96) is down 2.0% following reports that a federal investigation into the company's data breach with Cambridge Analytica has expanded. Meanwhile, chipmakers are roughly flat; the PHLX Semiconductor Index is down 0.2%.
Dow: +39.59… | Nasdaq: -0.43… | S&P: +3.83…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1864/878. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2185/655.

10:35AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

REMINDER: Stock market closes at 1pm EST today
Commodities are starting the day off higher
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently +0.7% at 86.36
Dollar index is currently -0.2% at 94.42
Looking at energy...
Aug WTI crude oil futures are now -$0.35 at $73.59/barrel, which a notable sell-off in recent trade following news that Saudi Arabia reportedly said it was ready to use spare capacity to maintain stability in the oil market
In other energy, Aug natural gas is +$0.01 at $2.87/MMBtu
Moving on to metals...
Aug gold is currently +$13.30 at $1255.00/oz, while Jul silver is +$0.25 at $16.08/oz
Jul copper is now -$0.007 at $2.94/lb

Dow: +83.36… | Nasdaq: +9.59… | S&P: +7.63…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1844/860. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2213/601.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are mixed, with the S&P 500 up 0.2%.

The Factory Orders report for May showed an increase of 0.4% (Briefing.com consensus -0.2%). The April reading was revised to -0.4% from -0.8%.
Dow: +84.74… | Nasdaq: -5.37… | S&P: +6.06…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1615/1047. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1996/696.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 and the Dow are up 0.3% and 0.5%, respectively, but the tech-heavy Nasdaq is lower by 0.1%.

Most sectors are in the green, with energy (+1.7%) and materials (+0.9%) being the top-performing groups. On the flip side, the top-weighted technology sector (-0.3%) -- which represents a quarter of the broader market -- is slightly lower, keeping the S&P 500 in check.

As a reminder, the Factory Orders report for May (Briefing.com consensus -0.2%) will be released at 10:00 AM ET.
Dow: +105.15… | Nasdaq: -6.63… | S&P: +5.87…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1558/1012. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1954/688.

09:10AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +9.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +30.00.

Stocks are on course for a higher open, as the S&P 500 futures are trading nine points, or 0.3%, above fair value. Today's session will be ending early at 1:00 PM ET, and markets will be closed on Wednesday in celebration of the Fourth of July.

In corporate news, Facebook (FB 194.72, -2.64) is down 1.3% in pre-market trading after the Washington Post reported that a federal investigation into the company's data sharing practices is expanding. Conversely, Acuity Brands (AYI 130.00, +12.88) is up 11.0% after beating both top and bottom line estimates.

On the data front, the Factory Orders report for May (Briefing.com consensus -0.2%) will be released at 10:00 AM ET, and June auto and truck sales will be released throughout the day.

Elsewhere, U.S. Treasuries are roughly flat, with the benchmark 10-yr yield unchanged at 2.87%. The U.S. Dollar Index is down 0.2% at 94.42, and West Texas Intermediate crude futures are up 1.6% at $75.12/bbl -- a fresh three-and-a-half year high -- amid reports of supply disruptions in Libya.

08:54AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +10.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +34.50.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 10 points, or 0.4%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a mixed note. The People's Bank of China fixed the yuan at its lowest level since late August, but the Chinese currency rebounded in afternoon action. China's customs agency released export data for the first half, showing that growth in shipments to the U.S. slowed to 5.4% from 19.3%. Growth in exports to the U.S. in June decelerated to 3.8% from 23.8%. The Reserve Bank of Australia elected to leave its cash rate unchanged at 1.50%, as expected.

In economic data:
South Korea's June CPI -0.2% month-over-month (last 0.1%); +1.5% year-over-year (consensus 1.7%; last 1.5%)
Japan's Monetary Base +7.4% year-over-year (expected 8.3%; last 8.1%)
Australia's May Building Approvals -3.2% month-over-month (expected 1.0%; last -5.6%)
New Zealand's Q2 NZIER Business Confidence -20% (last -11%)
Hong Kong's May Retail Sales +12.9% year-over-year (last 12.3%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei shed 0.1%. Furukawa Electric, Yamaha, Konami, Canon, Otsuka Holdings, Olympus, Daikin Industries, Yamaha Motor, Kikkoman, and Subaru lost between 1.2% and 3.5%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng fell 1.4%. Gaming names like Galaxy Entertainment and Sands China led the retreat with respective losses of 6.8% and 6.0% while financials and property names like Ping An Insurance, HSBC, Hang Lung Properties, ICBC, China Overseas, and BoC Hong Kong lost between 1.3% and 2.3%.
China's Shanghai Composite rose 0.4%. Shandong Pharmaceutical Glass, AECC Aviation Power, AVIC Shenyang Aircraft, Inspur Software, and China Avionics Systems gained between 6.2% and 7.5%.
India's Sensex added 0.3%. Maruti Suzuki, Infosys, Tata Consultancy, Hero MotoCorp, Bajaj Auto, Tata Motors, and Mahindra & Mahindra posted gains between 0.6% and 1.7%.

Major European indices trade higher across the board with Italy's MIB (+1.5%) showing relative strength. In Germany, Chancellor Angela Merkel was able to placate Interior Minister Horst Seehofer, by agreeing to establish transit centers for migrants near Germany's southern border. The agreement has been met with immediate criticism, but it has removed some political uncertainty for now. Bank of England policymaker Michael Saunders said that interest rates may need to rise faster than the market expects, but added that increases will be limited and gradual.

In economic data:
Eurozone May PPI +0.8% month-over-month (expected 0.4%; last 0.0%); +3.0% year-over-year (expected 2.4%: last 1.9%). May Retail Sales 0.0% month-over-month (expected 0.1%; last -0.1%); +1.4% year-over-year (expected 1.5%; last 1.6%)
UK's June Construction PMI 53.1 (expected 52.5; last 52.5)
France's May budget balance -EUR55.10 billion (last -EUR54.30 billion)
Spain's Unemployment Change -90,000 (expected -101,000; last -83,700) and Consumer Confidence 107.0 (last 97.7)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE has climbed 0.8%. Consumer names like British American Tobacco, Merlin Entertainments, Imperial Brands, Paddy Power, Pearson, and Unilever hold gains between 1.4% and 2.5%.
France's CAC is higher by 0.9% amid gains in most components. Peugeot leads with a gain of 2.4% while Accor, BNP Paribas, Louis Vuitton, Societe Generale, L'Oreal, and Hermes sport gains between 0.9% and 1.5%.
Germany's DAX trades up 1.2%. Allianz, Volkswagen, Deutsche Bank, Siemens, Merck, Daimler, SAP, BMW, and Bayer have risen between 1.0% and 3.0%.
Italy's MIB outperforms with a gain of 1.5%. Telecom Italia trades up 3.0% while UniCredit, Banco Bpm, Banca Generali, Mediobanca, Intesa Sanpaolo, FinecoBank, and Banca Mediolanum show gains between 1.8% and 2.7%.

08:24AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +11.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +39.00.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 11 points, or 0.4%, above fair value.

Stocks finished yesterday's session in positive territory thanks to a late tech-led rally. Seven of eleven S&P 500 sectors finished Monday in the green, with the three best performers being technology (+1.0%), utilities (+0.8%), and financials (+0.7%). Energy was the worst-performing sector with a loss of 1.6%.

Today's session will end early at 1:00 PM ET, and markets will be closed tomorrow in celebration of the Fourth of July.

08:00AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +10.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +44.50.

Stocks look ready to extend Monday's late rally at the opening bell, as the S&P 500 futures are trading 11 points, or 0.4%, above fair value. Today's session will be ending early at 1:00 PM ET, and markets will be closed on Wednesday in celebration of the Fourth of July.

The latest trade-related headlines reveal that the U.S. government has moved to block China Mobile from offering its services in the U.S. market, citing national security risks. However, investors don't appear to be concerned at the moment, evidenced by gains in the equity futures market.

Elsewhere, U.S. Treasury yields are flat to slightly higher, with the benchmark 10-yr yield up one basis point at 2.88%. The U.S. Dollar Index is down 0.3% at 94.34, and West Texas Intermediate crude futures are up 1.2% at $74.85/bbl -- a fresh three-and-a-half year high -- amid reports of supply disruptions in Libya.

Investors will receive just one piece of economic data today, the Factory Orders report for May (Briefing.com consensus -0.2%), which will be released at 10:00 AM ET. In addition, U.S. auto and truck sales for the month of June will be released throughout the abbreviated session.

In U.S. corporate news:

Facebook (FB 194.98, -2.38): -1.2% after the Washington Post reported that a federal investigation into the company's data sharing practices is expanding.
Campbell Soup (CPB 42.38, +2.09): +5.2% following reports that activist investor Dan Loeb is looking to push for a sale of the company.
Delta Air Lines (DAL 49.64, -0.28): -0.6% after being downgraded to 'Hold' from 'Buy' at Deutsche Bank.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a mixed note. Japan's Nikkei -0.1%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng -1.4%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.4%, India's Sensex +0.3%.
In economic data:
South Korea's June CPI -0.2% month-over-month (last 0.1%); +1.5% year-over-year (consensus 1.7%; last 1.5%)
Japan's Monetary Base +7.4% year-over-year (expected 8.3%; last 8.1%)
Australia's May Building Approvals -3.2% month-over-month (expected 1.0%; last -5.6%)
New Zealand's Q2 NZIER Business Confidence -20% (last -11%)
Hong Kong's May Retail Sales +12.9% year-over-year (last 12.3%)
In news:
The People's Bank of China fixed the yuan at its lowest level since late August, but the Chinese currency rebounded in afternoon action.
China's customs agency released export data for the first half, showing that growth in shipments to the U.S. slowed to 5.4% from 19.3%. Growth in exports to the U.S. in June decelerated to 3.8% from 23.8%.
The Reserve Bank of Australia elected to leave its cash rate unchanged at 1.50%, as expected.

Major European indices trade higher across the board with Italy's MIB (+1.7%) showing relative strength. UK's FTSE +0.6%, France's CAC +0.9%, Germany's DAX +1.3%.
In economic data:
Eurozone May PPI +0.8% month-over-month (expected 0.4%; last 0.0%); +3.0% year-over-year (expected 2.4%: last 1.9%). May Retail Sales 0.0% month-over-month (expected 0.1%; last -0.1%); +1.4% year-over-year (expected 1.5%; last 1.6%)
UK's June Construction PMI 53.1 (expected 52.5; last 52.5)
France's May budget balance -EUR55.10 billion (last -EUR54.30 billion)
Spain's Unemployment Change -90,000 (expected -101,000; last -83,700) and Consumer Confidence 107.0 (last 97.7)
In news:
In Germany, Chancellor Angela Merkel was able to placate Interior Minister Horst Seehofer, by agreeing to establish transit centers for migrants near Germany's southern border. The agreement has been met with immediate criticism, but it has removed some political uncertainty for now.
Bank of England policymaker Michael Saunders said that interest rates may need to rise faster than the market expects, but added that increases will be limited and gradual.

07:35AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +11.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +42.50.

07:03AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +8.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +34.00.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...21785.54...-26.40...-0.10%. Hang Seng...28546...-409.50...-1.40%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7591.30...+43.50...+0.60%. DAX...12395...+157.00...+1.30%.

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] A tech-charged afternoon rally saved the U.S. equity market from kicking off the abbreviated Fourth of July week on a lower note. The S&P 500 advanced 0.3%, closing at its best mark of the day and about eight points above its 50-day moving average. The Dow added 0.2%, the Nasdaq jumped 0.8%, and the Russell 2000 climbed 0.7%.

Trade tensions were heightened on Monday morning after President Trump said over the weekend that he will not back down on China tariffs. Separately, the European Union warned that it would impose tariffs on nearly $300 billion worth of American goods if the U.S. follows through with duties on EU automobiles. Mr. Trump said U.S. and EU officials will be meeting fairly soon to try to "work something out."

On Wall Street, the trade war rhetoric led stocks lower at the opening bell; the S&P 500 was down as much as 0.7%. However, the market started retracing some losses soon thereafter, and then the top-weighted technology sector led a full-fledged rebound in the afternoon.

The tech space -- which represents a quarter of the broader market -- finished atop Monday's sector standings with a gain of 1.0%. Tech giants like Apple (AAPL 187.18, +2.07), Microsoft (MSFT 100.01, +1.40), Facebook (FB 197.36, +3.04), and Alphabet (GOOG 1127.46, +11.81) added between 1.1% and 1.6%.

In total, seven of eleven sectors finished in the green. The utilities space (+0.8%) closed right behind technology, and the heavily-weighted financial group (+0.7%) also had a strong outing. On the flip side, the energy sector (-1.6%) finished at the bottom of the leaderboard, with consumer staples (-0.5%) being the next-worst performer.

The energy sector's decline came amid a modest sell off in the crude oil futures market, which was under pressure after President Trump said he's struck a deal with Saudi Arabia to increase output by up to two million barrels per day. WTI crude futures ended lower by 0.3% at $73.94 per barrel.

In corporate news, Tesla (TSLA 355.07, -7.88) got off to a good start, adding as much as 6.4%, after CEO Elon Musk said the electric automaker hit its long-elusive production target of 5,000 Model 3 vehicles per week in the last seven days of the second quarter, but shares quickly reversed course, eventually ending lower by 2.3%.

Elsewhere, U.S. Treasuries slipped on Monday, pushing yields higher across the curve; the benchmark 10-yr yield climbed to 2.87% from 2.85%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index rallied 0.5% to 94.70, and the CBOE Volatility Index was up as much as 23.2%, but finished lower by 2.1% at 15.76.

Reviewing Monday's economic data, which was limited to the ISM Manufacturing Index for June and the Construction Spending report for May:

The ISM Index for June increased to 60.2 from an unrevised reading of 58.7 in May, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 58.5.
The key takeaway from the report is that it reflects continued strength in the manufacturing sector with the Prices Index sitting just below its best level in more than seven years.
Construction Spending rose 0.4% in May, while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 0.6%. The April reading was revised to +0.9% from +1.8%.
The key takeaway from the report is that, combined with the downward revision for April, construction spending will make a smaller contribution to Q2 GDP forecasts than what was originally expected.

Looking ahead, Tuesday's trading session will end early (1:00 PM ET), and markets will be closed on Wednesday for the Fourth of July.

Nasdaq Composite +9.6% YTD
Russell 2000 +7.8% YTD
S&P 500 +2.0% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -1.7% YTD

Dow: +35.77… | Nasdaq: +57.38… | S&P: +8.34…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1772/1149. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1627/1334.

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Emmett Moore via TheStrategyLab.com Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image Where did wrbtrader go? | Elite Trader @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=307&t=3770

Image The Strategy Lab: Valforex - The Manipulative Review Scam @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3676

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com