TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: June 19th Tuesday Price Action Trade Result Profit $4762.50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Users of WRB Analysis Real-Time Trades - TheStrategyLab Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users of WRB Analysis Reviews / Accolades / Testimonials: http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
061918-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+4762.50.png
061918-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+4762.50.png [ 119.5 KiB | Viewed 331 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $4762.50 dollars or +95.25 points, Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $4762.50 dollars

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=2852

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader along with the real-time trades by other users of WRB Analysis for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Also, as stated since the birth of the free chat room TheStrategyLab...we are not a signal calling trade alert room. Thus, there is no trader telling you what to trade, when to buy and when to sell. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades.

You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion at the above direct link to the archived chat log.

In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Quote:
These real-time trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades and prior to sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading and the chat room will be useless to you. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread here at the forum.

Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=352&t=3733 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
061918-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png
061918-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png [ 1.97 MiB | Viewed 336 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets discussed by members of TheStrategyLab chat room or private thread discussions

The Market at 04:25PM ET
Dow: -287.26… | Nasdaq: -21.44… | S&P: -11.30…
NASDAQ Vol: 2.2 bln… Adv: 1265… Dec: 1696…
NYSE Vol: 981.2 mln… Adv: 1242… Dec: 1664…

Moving the Market

President Trump threatens additional tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods

Yield curve continues to flatten; 2-10 spread hits lowest level in a decade

Cyclical sectors lag while countercyclical sectors outperform

Sector Watch
Strong: Health Care, Consumer Staples, Utilities, Telecom Services, Real Estate
Weak: Industrials, Materials, Technology

04:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] U.S. stocks retreated for a third consecutive session on Tuesday as U.S.-China trade tensions continued to weigh on sentiment. However, also for the third straight session, an intraday rebound made the close look notably better than the open. The S&P 500, for instance, was down 1.1% early on Tuesday, but settled lower by just 0.4%. Meanwhile, the Nasdaq and the Dow ended lower by 0.3% and 1.2%, respectively, while the Russell 2000 outperformed (+0.1%), ticking up to a new all-time high.

President Trump threatened to escalate trade tensions with China even further on Monday evening, asking his administration to identify an additional $200 billion worth of Chinese goods to be penalized with tariffs. The president says this new list of goods will be subject to tariffs of 10% if Beijing follows through on its promise to retaliate against planned U.S. tariffs of 25% on $50 billion worth of Chinese imports. In addition, if Beijing retaliates against the new $200 billion list, Mr. Trump said he will place tariffs on yet another $200 billion worth of Chinese goods.

The industrial sector, which is viewed as being in the crosshairs of protectionist trade actions, was the worst-performing S&P 500 group on Tuesday with a loss of 2.1%. Meanwhile, chipmakers, which derive a large chunk of their revenue from shipments to China, also underperformed, sending the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index lower by 1.2%. The top-weighted technology sector, which houses semiconductor names, settled with a loss of 0.7%, and the materials sector was also a notable laggard, dropping 1.8%.

In general, cyclical sectors underperformed their less-risky, countercyclical peers. For instance, the three aforementioned groups -- industrials, technology, and materials -- are all cyclical spaces, and the health care (+0.2%), consumer staples (+0.5%), utilities (+1.1%), and telecom services (+1.4%) groups, which finished in the green, are all countercyclical.

Within the health care space, Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT 143.93, +38.69) spiked 36.8% after announcing positive trial results for its Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) drug. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 112.04, +1.61) rallied 1.5%, hitting a three-month high.

Elsewhere, Tesla (TSLA 352.55, -18.28) dropped 4.9% after CEO Elon Musk revealed in a company email that a disgruntled employee conducted "extensive and damaging sabotage."

Outside of equities, U.S. Treasuries moved higher in a curve-flattening trade that left the 2-10 spread at its lowest level in more than a decade. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note slipped three basis points to 2.89%, and the yield on the 2-yr Treasury note finished flat at 2.55%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index rallied 0.3% to 94.67, and West Texas Intermediate crude futures dropped 1.2% to $64.90 per barrel.

Reviewing Tuesday's economic data, which was limited to Housing Starts and Building Permits for May:

Housing starts rose to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 1.350 million units in May (Briefing.com consensus 1.323 million), up from a revised 1.286 million units in April (from 1.287 million).
Building permits declined to a seasonally adjusted 1.301 million in May (Briefing.com consensus 1.343 million) from a revised 1.364 million in April (from 1.352 million).
The key takeaway from the report is that permits -- a leading indicator -- declined for both single-family units (-2.2%) and multi-unit dwellings (-8.8%), suggesting there might not be follow-on strength for badly needed single-family homes in June.

Looking ahead, investors will receive on Wednesday the Existing Home Sales report for May (Briefing.com consensus 5.55 million), the Current Account Balance for the first quarter (Briefing.com consensus -$129.2 billion), and the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index.

Nasdaq Composite +11.9% YTD
Russell 2000 +10.3% YTD
S&P 500 +3.3% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -0.1% YTD

Dow: -287.26… | Nasdaq: -21.44… | S&P: -11.30…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1265/1696. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1242/1664.

03:35PM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Energy Settlement Prices:
August Crude Oil futures fell $0.81 (-1.23%) to $64.92/barrel
August Natural Gas settled $0.05 lower (-1.69%) at $2.9/MMBtu
July RBOB Gasoline settled $0.01 lower (-0.49%) at $2.04/gallon
July Heating oil futures settled $0.01 lower (-0.47%) at $2.12/gallon
Metals Settlement Prices:
Aug gold settled today's session down $1.80 (0.14%) at $1278.30/oz
Jul silver settled today's session $0.06 lower (0.61%) at $16.33/oz
Jul copper settled $0.06 lower (1.93%) at $3.05/lb
Agriculture Settlement Prices:
July corn settled $0.02 lower at $3.54/bushel
July wheat settled $0.10 lower at $4.8/bushel
July soybeans settled $0.17 lower at $8.89/bushel

Dow: -320.18… | Nasdaq: -35.20… | S&P: -14.76…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1375/1565. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1214/1705.

03:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are at session highs moving into the final stretch, with the S&P 500 down just 0.4%.

Six sectors are trading in the red, including financials (-0.1%), consumer discretionary (-0.2%), industrials (-2.0%), energy (-0.1%), materials (-1.7%), and technology (-0.7%), while five are in the green, including health care (+0.2%), consumer staples (+0.6%), utilities (+0.8%), telecom services (+1.8%), and real estate (+0.2%).

Looking ahead to tonight's earnings, two notable companies will be reporting their quarterly results -- Oracle (ORCL 46.30, -0.22) and FedEx (FDX 258.95, -4.72).
Dow: -280.29… | Nasdaq: -27.55… | S&P: -11.00…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1262/1603. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1225/1666.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hold near today's best levels, little changed since our last update.

Checking in on the S&P 500 sectors, the lightly-weighted telecom services (+1.8%) group once again leads the pack while the consumer staples (+0.6%) and utilities (+0.7%) groups post more modest gains. For its part, the consumer staples sector holds up in the face of today's broader market weakness as constituents Procter & Gamble (PG 76.36, +0.52, +0.7%), Coca-Cola (KO 43.66, +0.11, +0.3%), and PepsiCo (PEP 106.16, +0.78, +0.7%) show relative strength. Of note Roark Capital Group's Arby's announced today that Coca-Cola products were officially available at its locations. The switch was announced in August of last year whereby the casual-dining restaurant opted to go with KO in lieu of Pepsico, and was cemented this morning.

Among the worst performing sectors today the industrials and materials groups shed about 1.8% apiece while the information technology (-0.9%) and consumer discretionary (-0.3%) sectors are having a slightly better Tuesday. Today's move in the IT space is evidenced by a lower trade in eight of the top 10 holdings (with the only exceptions being telecom names AT&T and Verizon). Heavily-weighted Apple (AAPL 185.80, -2.94, -1.6%), Microsoft (MSFT 100.74, -0.12, -0.1%), Facebook (FB 197.34, -0.97, -0.5%), Alphabet (GOOG 1,164.53, -8.93, -0.8%), and Intel (INTC 52.86, -0.36, -0.7%) all post losses on Tuesday.
Dow: -284.66… | Nasdaq: -36.26… | S&P: -12.89…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1196/1649. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1187/1706.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue to pare today's losses in recent action. The Nasdaq Composite is near its best levels of Tuesday, now only down 0.6% vs being down 1.4% at one point today.

Gold futures settled 0.1% lower on Tuesday at $1,278.60/oz as strength in the dollar took the yellow metal to 2018 lows once again.

For its part, the U.S. Dollar Index trades 0.3% higher in recent action at 95.04. The greenback shows 0.4% gains against the euro (1.1574) and a 0.6% advance against the pound (1.3171).
Dow: -326.55… | Nasdaq: -46.78… | S&P: -18.05…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1130/1716. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1109/1776.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices remain meaningfully lower as investors run for cover amid a rapidly escalating trade war between the U.S. & China.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Boeing (BA 340.72, -14.02), Caterpillar (CAT 142.96, -5.72), & DowDuPont (DWDP 65.46, -2.33) are underperforming as they are seen as names to be most impacted by the intensifying US/China trade dispute.

Conversely, Verizon (VZ 48.47, +1.07) is the best-performing Dow component after being upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank.

With today's plunge, the DJIA has erased its 2018 gains, and is now down 0.3% for the year.
Dow: -335.60… | Nasdaq: -57.44… | S&P: -19.06…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1075/1756. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1034/1849.

01:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks are down for the third session in a row as U.S.-China trade tensions continue to weigh, although the market has reclaimed some of its opening losses. The S&P 500 is currently down 0.7%, but was down as much as 1.1% earlier, while the Nasdaq and the Dow show respective losses of 0.8% and 1.3%.

President Trump has asked his administration to identify an additional $200 billion worth of Chinese goods that will be subject to tariffs of 10% should Beijing retaliate to an earlier round of duties. Last week, President Trump approved tariffs of 25% on $50 billion worth of Chinese goods, to which China responded by vowing to implement equivalent tariffs on U.S. goods. On a related note, the Senate voted on Monday evening to reinstate a ban on selling U.S. parts to Chinese telecom giant ZTE, rebuking a deal Mr. Trump struck with Beijing.

Cyclical sectors are underperforming countercyclical groups today, with industrials (-2.1%), materials (-2.3%), and technology (-1.2%) leading the retreat. Within the tech space, chipmakers are particularly weak, evidenced by a 2.0% decline in the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index. On the flip side, the health care (-0.1%), consumer staples (+0.4%), utilities (+0.4%), telecom services (+1.5%), and real estate (-0.1%) sectors are hovering atop today's sector standings.

On the corporate front, shares of Tesla (TSLA 351.79, -19.04) have dropped 5.1% after CEO Elon Musk said in a staff email that a disgruntled employee had conducted "extensive and damaging sabotage." Meanwhile, shares of Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT 145.49, +40.14) have surged 38.0% after the company announced positive trial results for its Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) drug.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are solidly higher in another curve-flattening trade. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is down five basis points at 2.88%, while the yield on the 2-yr Treasury note is down three basis points at 2.52%. That leaves the 2-10 spread at its lowest level in a decade.

Reviewing today's economic data, which was limited to Housing Starts and Building Permits for May:

Housing starts rose to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 1.350 million units in May (Briefing.com consensus 1.323 million), up from a revised 1.286 million units in April (from 1.287 million).
Building permits declined to a seasonally adjusted 1.301 million in May (Briefing.com consensus 1.343 million) from a revised 1.364 million in April (from 1.352 million).
The key takeaway from the report is that permits -- a leading indicator -- declined for both single-family units (-2.2%) and multi-unit dwellings (-8.8%), suggesting there might not be follow-on strength for badly needed single-family homes in June.

Dow: -341.97… | Nasdaq: -64.40… | S&P: -20.00…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1017/1810. …NYSE Adv/Dec 995/1870.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have slipped over the last 30 minutes, ticking down from their session highs.

The top-weighted information technology sector, which represents around a quarter of the broader market, is down 1.2% today with giants like Apple (AAPL 185.12, -3.60), Facebook (FB 195.91, -2.40), Alphabet (GOOG 1160.15, -13.31), and Intel (INTC 52.58, -0.64) showing losses between 1.1% and 1.9%. Chipmakers are weak as a whole, evidenced by a 1.6% decline in the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index.

In the bond market, Treasuries are still solidly higher -- which translates to lower yields across the curve. The benchmark 10-yr yield is down five basis points at 2.88%.
Dow: -299.37… | Nasdaq: -58.58… | S&P: -16.90…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 988/1812. …NYSE Adv/Dec 967/1881.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have been ticking higher, with the S&P 500 trimming its loss to 0.5%.

The energy sector (-0.1%) touched positive territory for the first time today in recent trading even though crude prices remain solidly lower. WTI crude futures are down 1.4% at $64.78 per barrel, hovering just a step above a two-month low. The API will release its weekly crude inventory report after today's closing bell.

In Europe, the UK's FTSE ended Tuesday lower by 0.4% while France's CAC and Germany's DAX dropped a little more than 1.0% apiece.
Dow: -261.05… | Nasdaq: -55.33… | S&P: -14.28…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 900/1874. …NYSE Adv/Dec 920/1904.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Dow Jones Industrial Average is the weakest major index this morning, showing a loss of 1.2%.

Highlighting a few laggards within the Dow, industrial names Boeing (BA 343.52, -11.19) and Caterpillar (CAT 143.35, -5.33) are down more than 3.0%, materials giant DowDuPont (DWDP 65.44, -2.35) is down 3.5%, and tech powerhouse Apple (AAPL 184.94, -3.80) is lower by 2.1%.

Conversely, Verizon (VZ 48.38, +0.92) is the best-performing Dow component, up 2.0%, after being upgraded to 'Buy' from 'Hold' at Deutsche Bank.
Dow: -309.85… | Nasdaq: -64.29… | S&P: -17.57…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 860/1901. …NYSE Adv/Dec 861/1940.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are still solidly lower this morning, showing losses between 0.8% and 1.3%.

Growth-oriented sectors are lagging today while defense-oriented groups are showing relative strength. The industrials and materials sectors are the worst-performing spaces with losses of around 2.0% apiece. Conversely, the utilities and telecom services spaces are the top-performing groups with respective gains of 1.1% and 1.4%.

Elsewhere, Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT 165.00, +59.81) has surged 52.7% after announcing positive trial results for its Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) drug.
Dow: -328.28… | Nasdaq: -82.40… | S&P: -22.04…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 749/1998. …NYSE Adv/Dec 740/2042.

10:30AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities are beginning the day lower
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently -1.8% at 86.03
Dollar index is currently +0.4% at 94.76
Looking at energy...
Aug WTI crude oil futures are now -$1.11 at $64.58/barrel
In other energy, Jul natural gas is -$0.05 at $2.90/MMBtu\
Moving on to metals...
Aug gold is currently -$4.70 at $1275.40/oz, while Jul silver is -$0.14 at $16.30/oz
Jul copper is now -$0.05 at $3.05/lb

Dow: -392.65… | Nasdaq: -109.21… | S&P: -29.08…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 728/2015. …NYSE Adv/Dec 653/2102.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have slipped since the opening bell, with the S&P 500 now down 1.0%.

The materials sector is today's worst-performing group with a loss of 2.2%. Within the space, Dow component DowDuPont (DWDP 65.59, -2.20) is among the weakest performers, showing a loss of 3.3%. Today's decline leaves DWDP shares at their lowest level in nearly three weeks.

In currencies, the U.S. Dollar Index is up 0.4% at 94.79, hovering right at the seven-month high it hit last week.
Dow: -375.71… | Nasdaq: -88.73… | S&P: -26.77…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 696/1983. …NYSE Adv/Dec 596/2090.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are solidly lower in the opening minutes, showing losses between 0.9% and 1.3%.

Most S&P 500 sectors are in the red, with industrials (-1.4%), energy (-1.4%), materials (-1.9%), and technology (-1.2%) leading the retreat. On the flip side, the lightly-weighted utilities (+0.5%), telecom services (+0.2%), real estate (unch), and utilities (unch) groups exhibit relative strength.

Elsewhere, Treasury yields are still lower, with the benchmark 10-yr yield down four basis points at 2.89%.
Dow: -294.81… | Nasdaq: -58.71… | S&P: -20.53…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 787/1851. …NYSE Adv/Dec 654/1971.

09:11AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -26.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -93.30.

The S&P 500 futures are pointing towards a solidly lower start, down 1.0%, after President Trump asked his administration to identify $200 billion worth of Chinese goods that could be hit with a 10% tariff if Beijing retaliates against last week's round of duties -- which included a 25% tariff on $50 billion worth of Chinese goods.

On a related note, the Senate passed a measure on Monday to reinstate a ban on selling U.S. parts to Chinese telecom giant ZTE. President Trump had previously made a deal with Beijing to save the firm, and the White House announced its plan for additional tariffs just hours after the Senate vote.

U.S. Treasuries have benefited from a flight to safety this morning, pushing yields lower across the curve. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note, for instance, is down five basis points at 2.88%. Separately, the U.S. Dollar Index is solidly higher, up 0.4% at 94.78.

On the data front, housing starts rose to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 1.350 million units in May (Briefing.com consensus 1.323 million), while building permits climbed to a seasonally adjusted 1.364 million (Briefing.com consensus 1.343).

08:51AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -26.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -95.30.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 26 points, or 0.9%, below fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on broadly lower note with markets in China leading the retreat after President Trump called on his trade team to identify another $200 billion worth of Chinese goods that could be hit by a 10.0% tariff. President Trump said the tariffs will be imposed if China does not change its practices and implements tariffs that were announced at the end of last week. Chinese press has continued speculating about a potential reserve requirement ratio cut in the near future. South Korean press reported that the U.S. and South Korea will suspend a joint military exercise that was originally scheduled for August. Meanwhile, North Korea's Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un is in China on a two-day trip.

In economic data:
South Korea's May Import Price Index +8.1% year-over-year (last 3.7%) and Export Price Index +0.1% year-over-year (last -2.0%)
Australia's Q1 House Price Index -0.7% quarter-over-quarter (expected -0.9%; last 1.0%)
Hong Kong's May Unemployment Rate 2.8% (last 2.8%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei fell 1.8%, approaching its May low. Taiyo Yuden, Tosoh, Kao, Yamaha Motor, Asahi Glass, TOTO, Trend Micro, Fast Retailing, Nikon, and Komatsu lost between 2.5% and 6.2%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng dropped 2.8%, pausing just beneath its April low. Want Want China fell 6.5% while Apple suppliers Sunny Optical Tech and AAC Technologies lost 5.3% and 3.3%, respectively. Property-related names like China Overseas, Wharf Real Estate, China Construction Bank, and Sino Land posted losses between 3.0% and 3.8%.
China's Shanghai Composite slid 3.8% to a two-year low. Dahu Aquaculture, Longjian Road & Bridge, Keda Group, Dalian Thermal Power, Xin Jiang Ready Health Industry, and Congqing Gangjiu fell between 10.2% and 13.0%.
India's Sensex ended lower by 0.7%. Vedanta, Adani Ports, Mahindra & Mahindra, Reliance Industries, Bajaj Auto, and Infosys surrendered between 1.8% and 3.6%.

Major European indices trade lower across the board with Germany's DAX (-1.4%) showing relative weakness for the second consecutive day. The overall sentiment has been dampened by the growing trade tensions between the United States and China. Meanwhile, a draft text for next weekend's EU summit shows support for a planned bloc-wide response to U.S. tariffs on metal imports. The chief Brexit negotiator for the EU, Michel Barnier, said that a lot of work remains to be done ahead of the EU summit on June 28-29. Mr. Barnier said he hopes Brexit talks conclude in October.

In economic data:
Eurozone April Current Account surplus EUR28.40 billion (expected EUR30.30 billion; last EUR32.80 billion)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE is down 0.5%. Miners like Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, Anglo American, Glencore, and Antofagasta lost between 1.2% and 3.1%. Consumer names like Burberry, Persimmon, Pearson, Taylor Wimpey, Barratt Developments, Next, and Morrison Supermarkets hold losses between 0.5% and 2.4%.
France's CAC trades lower by 1.1%. STMicroelectronics is the weakest performer, falling 3.9%. ArcelorMittal is down 3.5% while consumer names like Kering, Louis Vuitton, and Hermes International are down between 1.8% and 2.7%. Automakers Peugeot and Renault show respective losses of 1.9% and 1.4%.
Germany's DAX has slid 1.4% amid broad weakness. Infineon is down 2.7% while automakers Volkswagen, Daimler, and BMW hold losses between 1.4% and 2.7%. Other heavyweights like Bayer, Siemens, SAP, BASF, and Deutsche Bank are down between 1.3% and 2.1%.

08:35AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -29.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -105.80.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 29 points, or 1.0%, below fair value.

Just in, housing starts rose to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 1.350 million units in May (Briefing.com consensus 1.323 million), up from a revised 1.286 million units in April (from 1.287 million). Building permits declined to a seasonally adjusted 1.301 million in May (Briefing.com consensus 1.343 million) from a revised 1.364 million in April (from 1.352 million).

07:59AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -29.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -97.80.

Stocks are retreating around the globe this morning after President Trump asked his administration to identify $200 billion worth of Chinese goods ripe for additional tariffs. The S&P 500 futures are currently trading 29 points, or 1.1%, below fair value following a 0.2% decline for the benchmark index on Monday.

The White House says the new $200 billion list of Chinese goods will be subject to tariffs of 10% should Beijing retaliate to an earlier round of duties. Last week, President Trump approved tariffs of 25% on $50 billion worth of Chinese goods, to which China responded by vowing to implement equivalent duties on U.S. goods.

On a related note, the Senate passed a measure on Monday to reinstate a ban on selling U.S. parts to Chinese telecom giant ZTE. President Trump had previously made a deal with Beijing to save the firm, and the White House announced its plan for additional tariffs just hours after the Senate vote.

U.S. Treasuries have benefited from a flight to safety this morning, pushing yields lower across the curve. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note, for instance, is down five basis points at 2.88%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is solidly higher, up 0.5% at 94.84, hitting a seven-month high.

Investors will receive just two pieces of economic data today, May Housing Starts (Briefing.com consensus 1323K) and May Building Permits (Briefing.com consensus 1343K), both of which will be released at 8:30 AM ET.

In U.S. corporate news:

Qualcomm (QCOM 58.21, -0.99): -1.7% as trade tensions cast doubt on Beijing's willingness to approve QCOM's acquisition of NXP Semi (NXPI 108.40, -3.05).
Tesla (TSLA 365.00, -5.83): -1.6% after CEO Elon Musk said in a staff email that an employee had conducted "extensive and damaging sabotage."

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on broadly lower note with markets in China leading the retreat after President Trump called on his trade team to identify another $200 billion worth of Chinese goods that could be hit by a 10.0% tariff.
In economic data:
South Korea's May Import Price Index +8.1% year-over-year (last 3.7%) and Export Price Index +0.1% year-over-year (last -2.0%)
Australia's Q1 House Price Index -0.7% quarter-over-quarter (expected -0.9%; last 1.0%)
Hong Kong's May Unemployment Rate 2.8% (last 2.8%)
In news:
President Trump said the tariffs will be imposed if China does not change its practices and implements tariffs that were announced at the end of last week.
Chinese press has continued speculating about a potential reserve requirement ratio cut in the near future.
South Korean press reported that the U.S. and South Korea will suspend a joint military exercise that was originally scheduled for August.
North Korea's Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un is in China on a two-day trip.

Major European indices trade lower across the board with Germany's DAX (-1.4%) showing relative weakness for the second consecutive day. UK's FTSE -0.6%, France's CAC -1.1%.
In economic data:
Eurozone April Current Account surplus EUR28.40 billion (expected EUR30.30 billion; last EUR32.80 billion)
In news:
The overall sentiment has been dampened by the growing trade tensions between the United States and China.
A draft text for next weekend's EU summit shows support for a planned bloc-wide response to U.S. tariffs on metal imports.
The chief Brexit negotiator for the EU, Michel Barnier, said that a lot of work remains to be done ahead of the EU summit on June 28-29. Mr. Barnier said he hopes Brexit talks conclude in October.

07:30AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -33.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -102.50.

07:00AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -29.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -82.00.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...22278.5...-401.90...-1.80%. Hang Seng...29468...-841.30...-2.80%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7595.18...-36.20...-0.50%. DAX...12673.66...-160.50...-1.30%.

04:20PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] U.S.-China trade tensions weighed at the start of Monday's session, but sentiment eventually improved, allowing stocks to escape with just minor damage.

The benchmark S&P 500 index finished with a loss of 0.2%, but was down 0.8% at the opening bell. As for the other major averages, the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 0.4%, the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite finished flat, and the small-cap Russell 2000 advanced 0.5%, closing at a new all-time high.

Washington and Beijing remain at odds over trade after President Trump confirmed on Friday that he has approved a 25% tariff on $50 billion worth of Chinese goods -- to which Beijing swiftly responded by vowing to implement equivalent duties on U.S. goods. There weren't any new developments over the weekend.

Most S&P 500 sectors finished Monday in negative territory, with health care (-1.0%), consumer staples (-1.5%), and telecom services (-2.0%) leading the retreat. However, all other declining sectors finished with modest losses of no more than 0.4%.

Within the health care space, Biogen (BIIB 289.12, -15.91) was particularly weak, losing 5.2%, after rival PTC Therapeutics (PTCT 47.88, +10.33) announced positive trial results for its experimental spinal muscular atrophy drug. PTCT shares spiked 27.5%, hitting a fresh three-year high.

The energy sector (+1.1%) was the top-performing group by a wide margin following reports that Friday's OPEC/non-OPEC meeting could end with producers agreeing on a less-than-expected increase in output. West Texas Intermediate crude futures rebounded from a two-month low on Monday, rallying 1.2% to $65.85/bbl.

The top-weighted technology sector (+0.3%) also finished in the green, even though chipmakers underperformed. Semiconductor giant Intel (INTC 53.22, -1.89), for instance, dropped 3.4% after its shares were downgraded to 'Under Perform' from 'Market Perform' at Northland Capital. Tech giants Microsoft (MSFT 100.86, +0.73), Facebook (FB 198.31, +2.46), and Alphabet (GOOG 1173.46, +21.20) rallied, adding between 0.7% and 1.8%.

Elsewhere, media names were in focus once again after CNBC's David Faber reported that Walt Disney (DIS 107.06, -1.79) is planning to add cash to its bid for the bulk of 21st Century Fox's (FOXA 44.56, -0.10) assets. Disney's upped offer is a response to last week's $65 billion all-cash bid from Comcast (CMCSA 32.58, -1.30).

Also of note, GameStop (GME 15.20, +1.24) jumped 8.9% after Reuters reported that the company is holding talks with private equity firms over a potential transaction, and Rent-A-Center (RCII 14.68, +2.65) spiked 22.0% after agreeing to be acquired by Vintage Capital for $15.00 per share in cash.

On the data front, Monday's lone economic report, the NAHB Housing Market Index for June, came in at 68, slightly lower than the Briefing.com consensus of 70.

Dow: -103.01… | Nasdaq: +0.65… | S&P: -5.79…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1504/1408. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1661/1267.

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Emmett Moore via TheStrategyLab.com Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image Where did wrbtrader go? | Elite Trader @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=307&t=3770

Image The Strategy Lab: Valforex - The Manipulative Review Scam @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3676

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com