TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: June 12th Tuesday Price Action Trade Result Profit $1887.50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Users of WRB Analysis Real-Time Trades - TheStrategyLab Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users of WRB Analysis Reviews / Accolades / Testimonials: http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
061218-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+1887.50.png
061218-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+1887.50.png [ 66.46 KiB | Viewed 330 times ]

Attachment:
061218-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-EOD.png
061218-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-EOD.png [ 24.64 KiB | Viewed 307 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $1887.50 dollars or +37.75 points, Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1887.50 dollars

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=2847

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader along with the real-time trades by other users of WRB Analysis for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Also, as stated since the birth of the free chat room TheStrategyLab...we are not a signal calling trade alert room. Thus, there is no trader telling you what to trade, when to buy and when to sell. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades.

You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion at the above direct link to the archived chat log.

In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Quote:
These real-time trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades and prior to sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading and the chat room will be useless to you. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread here at the forum.

Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=352&t=3733 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
061218-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png
061218-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png [ 2.04 MiB | Viewed 326 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets discussed by members of TheStrategyLab chat room or private thread discussions

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: -1.58… | Nasdaq: +43.87… | S&P: +4.85…
NASDAQ Vol: 2.0 bln… Adv: 1562… Dec: 1323…
NYSE Vol: 833.1 mln… Adv: 1463… Dec: 1449…

Moving the Market

U.S.-North Korea summit ends with North Korea promising to denuclearize in exchange for security guarantees from the U.S.; details will be worked out in follow-up negotiations

Top-weighted technology sector outperforms, helps mitigate lagging financials and energy

Sector Watch
Strong: Consumer Discretionary, Materials, Utilities
Weak: Financials, Health Care, Consumer Staples, Energy

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities settled Tuesday little changed as investors showed a muted reaction to President Trump's historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. The S&P 500 ticked higher for a third straight session, adding 0.2%, while the Nasdaq (+0.6%) and the Russell 2000 (+0.5%) finished at new all-time highs. The Dow finished flat.

Mr. Trump and Mr. Kim ended their Tuesday meeting in Singapore -- the first ever meeting between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader -- with a joint statement in which North Korea reaffirmed its commitment to completely denuclearize and the U.S. promised "security guarantees" -- including the suspension of military exercises on the Korean Peninsula. The two nations will engage in follow-up negations to work out the specific details of the agreement.

The S&P 500 sectors were pretty evenly mixed on Tuesday, with six advancing and five declining. The utilities sector (+1.3%) was the top performer, bouncing back from a disappointing start to the month, followed by the top-weighted technology sector (+0.6%). Within the tech space, Twitter (TWTR 43.49, +2.07) soared 5.0%, hitting a three-year high, after JPMorgan raised its target price to $50 from $39.

On the downside, the energy sector (-0.8%) settled at the bottom of the sector standings, even though crude prices ticked higher. WTI crude futures advanced 0.4% to $66.36 per barrel on Tuesday, their best close of the month. The heavily-weighted financials sector (-0.3%) also underperformed.

In earnings news, Dave & Busters (PLAY 55.82, +7.99) jumped 16.7% after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues for the first quarter. Restoration Hardware (RH 155.00, +36.27) did even better, spiking 30.6%, after beating earnings estimates and raising its guidance.

Elsewhere, U.S. Treasuries finished mixed, with shorter-dated issues showing relative weakness. The yield on the 2-yr Treasury note climbed three basis points to 2.55%, while the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note finished flat at 2.96%. The 10-yr yield touched 2.98% in early-morning trading before falling back. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index got off to a flat start, but rebounded to end the day higher by 0.3% at 93.80.

Reviewing Tuesday's economic data, which included the Consumer Price Index for May and the May Treasury Budget:

Total CPI increased 0.2% (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) in May, and core CPI, which excludes food and energy, also rose 0.2% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%). On a year-over-year basis, total CPI is up 2.8% (vs +2.5% in April), and core CPI is up 2.2% (vs +2.1% in April).
The key takeaway from the Consumer Price Index for May is that it validated the expectation for a 25 basis points rate hike by the FOMC at its June meeting and provided some backing for the prevailing expectation among Fed members that there will be at least three rate hikes in 2018.
The Treasury Budget for May showed a deficit of $146.8 billion versus a deficit of $88.4 billion for the same period a year ago.
The Treasury Budget data is not seasonally adjusted, so the May deficit cannot be compared to the $214.3 billion surplus for April.

On Wednesday, the Fed's latest policy directive will cross the wires at 2:00 PM ET, and the market is all but certain that it will include the second rate hike of 2018. The Fed will also release updated economic and interest-rate projections. Separately, the Producer Price Index for May will be released at 8:30 AM ET.

Nasdaq Composite +11.6% YTD
Russell 2000 +9.6% YTD
S&P 500 +4.2% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +2.4% YTD

Dow: -1.58… | Nasdaq: +43.87… | S&P: +4.85…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1562/1323. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1463/1449.

03:35PM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Energy Settlement Prices:
July Crude Oil futures rose $0.25 (0.38%) to $66.36/barrel
August Natural Gas settled $0.01 lower (-0.34%) at $2.94/MMBtu
July RBOB Gasoline settled $0.02 lower (-0.95%) at $2.09/gallon
July Heating oil futures settled unch at $2.16/gallon
Metals Settlement Prices:
Aug gold settled today's session down $4.00 (0.31%) at $1299.5/oz
Jul silver settled today's session $0.01 lower (0.29%) at $16.9/oz
Jul copper settled $0.01 lower (0.31%) at $3.25/lb
Agriculture Settlement Prices:
July corn settled $0.10 higher at $3.77/bushel
July wheat settled $0.20 higher at $5.35/bushel
July soybeans settled $0.01 higher at $9.54/bushel

Dow: -20.55… | Nasdaq: +32.70… | S&P: +2.30…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1598/1372. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1437/1484.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have ticked lower in recent trading, sending the S&P 500 into negative territory (-0.1%).

Most S&P 500 sectors are trading within 0.4% of their flat lines, but the financials (-0.7%) and energy (-0.8%) groups are showing relative weakness, and the utilities (+1.3%) and real estate (+0.8%) spaces are showing relative strength. The top-weighted technology sector is up 0.2%, helping the tech-heavy Nasdaq stay in the green (+0.2%).

The Dow is a step behind the other major indices, showing a loss of 0.3%, but the small-cap Russell 2000 is slightly ahead (+0.3%).
Dow: -67.40… | Nasdaq: +14.80… | S&P: -2.58…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1451/1418. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1302/1575.

02:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Dow Jones Industrial Average approaches today's worst levels since our last update; the index is 0.1% lower. The Nasdaq and S&P pare today's gains, yet still hold a 0.4% and 0.1% advance.

Shares of automobile manufacturer Tesla (TSLA 342.45, +10.35, +3.1%) trim today's gains in response to a tweet from Tesla front-man Elon Musk, confirming reports that the company will let go approximately 9% of its colleagues across the company. According to Musk, the job cuts were comprised of almost entirely salaried positions and no production associates were impacted. Musk then stated that the layoffs would not affect Tesla's ability to meet Model 3 targets in the coming months.

Musk also quelled investors concern that the move was made in an attempt to increase profits in the coming quarter. Musk stated, "Given that Tesla has never made an annual profit in the almost 15 years since we have existed, profit is obviously not what motivates us."

The tweet also confirmed earlier reports that Tesla would not renew its residential sales agreement with Home Depot (HD 200.61, +0.97, +0.5%).

As a reminder, KeyBanc Capital Markets was out on Tesla this morning in a note to clients as the firm raised its estimates after their checks had suggested Model 3 deliveries were tracking ahead of expectations. KeyBanc is Sector Weight rated on Tesla.
Dow: -21.61… | Nasdaq: +34.77… | S&P: +2.74…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1571/1273. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1403/1482.

02:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Nasdaq Composite approaches all-time highs into the afternoon, still up 0.6%. The other major averages, too, add to today's gains in recent action.

The dollar moved to highs in recent trade. The move came around the same time the WSJ reported that Fed Chairman Jerome Powell was considering holding a press conference after every meeting. The move comes, according to the WSJ, amid increased examples that the Fed does not take policy action at meetings where a conference is not scheduled to follow.

The report comes ahead of the Fed's upcoming rate decision on Wednesday, where the Committee is widely expected to raise interest rates to a range off 1.75% to 2.00%.

The greenback currently shows 0.3% gains against the euro (1.1751) and 0.3% against the yen (110.38). The U.S. Dollar Index adds 0.2% to 93.77.

Elsewhere, gold futures finished Tuesday 0.3% lower at $1,299.40/oz.
Dow: -9.85… | Nasdaq: +46.16… | S&P: +3.22…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1605/1235. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1487/1399.

01:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. are trading mixed as this time as stocks see another divergence, with technology names seeing a notable advance while financials & energy drag.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Verizon (VZ 48.80, -0.50), Travelers (TRV 129.45, -1.05), & Wal-Mart (WMT 83.75, -0.55) are underperforming. Verizon is leading the Dow lower as telecoms slide, while Wal-Mart is lagging the broader retail sector after several members of the Walton family continued to sell part of their stakes.

Conversely, Caterpillar (CAT 157.75, +1.45) is the best-performing Dow component.

For the week, the DJIA is currently flat.
Dow: -9.15… | Nasdaq: +42.48… | S&P: +4.20…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1620/1205. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1503/1353.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks are drifting near their best marks of the day this afternoon, with the Dow a tick higher, the S&P 500 up 0.2%, the Nasdaq higher by 0.6%, and the Russell 2000 up 0.7%. Last night's historic summit in Singapore between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has dominated news networks today, but failed to elicit much of a reaction from investors, who are now looking ahead to a trio of central bank decisions scheduled to be released later this week.

Mr. Trump and Mr. Kim ended their summit, which marked the first meeting between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader, with a joint statement in which North Korea reaffirmed its commitment to completely denuclearize the Korean Peninsula in exchange for "security guarantees" from the U.S. -- including a promise from President Trump to stop joint military exercises with South Korea. The U.S. will still be applying pressure on North Korea through economic sanctions though, at least until President Trump sees meaningful progress from Pyongyang.

The cooling of tensions between the U.S. and North Korea has weighed on defense names today, with Boeing (BA 369.79, -1.15), Lockheed Martin (LMT 315.70, -3.59), Northrop Grumman (NOC 329.61, -4.75), and Raytheon (RTN 206.76, -5.80) showing losses between 0.3% and 2.8%. However, retailers are rallying once again, sending the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 50.62, +0.55) higher by 1.1%. With today's gain, the XRT is now up 9.1% for the month, three times the S&P 500's month-to-date advance.

Meanwhile, Twitter (TWTR 44.18, +2.76) is up big today, adding 6.7%, after its target price was raised to $50 from $39 at JP Morgan. However, Dave & Busters (PLAY 54.98, +7.15) and Restoration Hardware (RH 160.30, +41.57) have done even better, spiking 14.4% and 35.0%, respectively, after releasing their quarterly results this morning. RH beat earnings estimates and raised its guidance while Dave & Busters beat on both the top and bottom lines.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries were lower earlier today, but have bounced back in recent trading. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is currently flat at 2.96%. Treasuries had a mostly muted response to this morning's economic data, which was limited to the May reading of the Consumer Price Index:

Total CPI increased 0.2% (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) in May, and core CPI, which excludes food and energy, also rose 0.2% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%). On a year-over-year basis, total CPI is up 2.8% (vs +2.5% in April), and core CPI is up 2.2% (vs +2.1% in April).
The key takeaway from the Consumer Price Index for May is that it validated the expectation for a 25 basis points rate hike by the FOMC at its June meeting and provided some backing for the prevailing expectation among Fed members that there will be at least three rate hikes in 2018.

Today's last economic report, the May Treasury Budget, will be released at 2:00 PM ET.
Dow: +1.41… | Nasdaq: +41.79… | S&P: +5.37…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1647/1148. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1597/1250.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The tech-heavy Nasdaq is now up 0.6%, but the Dow is still lagging, hovering just a tick above its Monday close.

Biotechnology shares are outperforming today, evidenced by a 1.0% increase in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 111.12, +1.14), but the S&P 500's health care sector (unch) is still near the back of the pack. Only two groups -- energy (-0.1%) and telecom services (-0.1%) -- have done worse.

In Europe, the major bourses finished Tuesday on a modestly lower note, with the Euro Stoxx 50 shedding 0.2%.
Dow: +16.67… | Nasdaq: +44.18… | S&P: +6.52…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1685/1095. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1658/1176.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have ticked up to new session highs in recent trading, extending the S&P 500's gain to 0.2%.

Twitter (TWTR 43.87, +2.45) shares have spiked 6.0% today, hitting a three-year high, after JPMorgan raised the social media company's target price to $50 from $39. Shares of rival Snap (SNAP 13.92, +0.75) are also solidly higher, up 5.8%, while shares of Facebook (FB 192.28, +0.74) trade higher by 0.4%.

The top-weighted technology sector, which houses social media names, is outperforming the broader market with a gain of 0.5%.
Dow: +19.45… | Nasdaq: +43.28… | S&P: +6.72…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1657/1090. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1597/1220.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are still roughly flat, with the tech-heavy Nasdaq (+0.3%) showing relative strength.

Retailers are strong once again today, pushing the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 50.54, +0.48) higher by 1.0%. With today's advance, the XRT is up 9.0% for the month, more than three times the S&P 500's month-to-date gain of 2.9%. Dollar Tree (DLTR 86.27, +2.32) is particularly strong today, rising 2.8%.

Conversely, health care shares are lagging, pushing the S&P 500's health care sector lower by 0.4%. Dow components UnitedHealth (UNH 251.68, -2.09), Pfizer (PFE 36.18, -0.12), and Merck (MRK 62.06, -0.27) are down between 0.3% and 0.8%.
Dow: -20.31… | Nasdaq: +23.42… | S&P: +2.16…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1551/1153. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1542/1249.

11:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are still hovering near their flat lines this morning, with the S&P 500 up 0.1%.

Seven sectors are in the green, including consumer discretionary (+0.4%), energy (+0.1%), materials (+0.3%), technology (+0.2%), utilities (+1.0%), telecoms (+0.2%), and real estate (+0.3%), while four are in the red, including financials (-0.1%), industrials (-0.1%), health care (-0.3%), and consumer staples (-0.1%).

Elsewhere, WTI crude futures have overcome early weakness and are now up 0.6% at $66.48/bbl, on course for their best close this month.
Dow: -4.28… | Nasdaq: +25.33… | S&P: +3.36…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1546/1148. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1576/1195.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 has slipped to its flat line in recent trading, giving back its modest opening gain.

Industrials are underperforming today, with defense names like Lockheed Martin (LMT 311.62, -7.68) and Raytheon (RTN 206.60, -5.95) pacing the retreat following a seemingly positive summit between the U.S. and North Korea. President Trump has agreed to suspend military exercises on the Korean Peninsula, which may result in less demand for military products.

Meanwhile, the utilities space has continued moving higher, extending its gain to 0.7%, but is still down 4.4% for the month.
Dow: -24.40… | Nasdaq: +9.98… | S&P: +0.59…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1382/1189. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1325/1320.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are modestly higher in the opening minutes, sporting gains between 0.1% and 0.3%.

Most sectors are in the green this morning, but gains have been limited. The consumer discretionary and telecom services sectors are the top performers with respective gains of 0.3% and 0.4%. On the downside, the energy and real estate sectors are the worst performers with losses of around 0.3% apiece.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are still modestly lower. The yield on the 10-yr Treasury note is up one basis point at 2.97%.
Dow: +4.50… | Nasdaq: +18.42… | S&P: +2.86…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1530/971. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1396/1136.

09:10AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +9.80.

The stock market is on course for a slightly higher open, as the S&P 500 futures are trading four points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

Last night's historic summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un ended with an agreement in which Mr. Trump promised "security guarantees" and Mr. Kim reaffirmed his commitment to "complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula." U.S. economic sanctions will remain in place until President Trump is convinced Pyongyang is making progress in its commitment.

Investors received the May reading of the Consumer Price Index this morning, which showed a month-over-month increase of 0.2% -- slightly lower than the 0.3% increase the Briefing.com consensus had expected. Meanwhile, the core CPI, which excludes the volatile categories of food and energy, rose 0.2% as expected.

U.S. Treasuries slightly extended their losses following the CPI release, pushing yields a little higher. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is currently hovering two basis points above its Monday close at 2.98%. The U.S. Dollar Index had a relatively muted reaction though, keeping near its unchanged mark.

In earnings news, Restoration Hardware (RH 143.99, +25.26) is up 21.3% in pre-market trading after reporting above-consensus earnings for Q1 and raising its guidance for Q2 and FY19, and Dave & Busters (PLAY 54.35, +6.52) is up 13.6% after beating both top and bottom line estimates for Q1.

08:50AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +1.00.

The S&P 500 futures are trading three points above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a higher note. U.S. President Donald Trump met with North Korea's Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un in Singapore overnight. The two leaders discussed building a lasting peace regime while Chairman Kim reaffirmed DPRK's commitment to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. President Trump announced that regular joint military exercises with South Korea will be ended. Elsewhere, China Securities Journal noted that mid-year liquidity has been better than expected and that the People's Bank of China is likely to keep current conditions in place.

In economic data:
China's May New Loans CNY1.15 billion (expected CNY1.20 billion; last CNY1.18 billion). May Outstanding Loan Growth +12.6% year-over-year (expected 12.7%; last 12.7%). M2 Money Stock +8.3% year-over-year (expected 8.5%; last 8.3%)
Japan's Tertiary Industry Activity Index +1.0% month-over-month (expected 0.6%; last -0.3%). May PPI +0.6% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 0.1%); +2.7% year-over-year (expected 2.2%; last 2.1%). Q2 BSI Large Manufacturing Conditions -3.2 (expected 3.2; last 2.9)
Australia's April Home Loans -1.4% month-over-month (expected -1.7%; last -2.3%). May NAB Business Confidence 6 (expected 9; last 11)
New Zealand's May Electronic Card Retail Sales +0.4% month-over-month (last -2.2%); +4.2% year-over-year (last 1.4%)
Singapore's April Retail Sales -0.2% month-over-month (last 2.7%); +0.4% year-over-year (last -1.1%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei added 0.3%. Terumo, Takeda Pharmaceutical, J Front Retailing, Kubota, Panasonic, DeNA, Fast Retailing, Toho, Bridgestone, and Yamaha Motor are up between 1.0% and 2.7%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose 0.1%. CSPC Pharma and China Mengniu Dairy gained 5.1% and 3.9%, respectively, while Sunny Optical Tech, China Overseas, CNOOC, Galaxy Entertainment, Want Want China, and Geely Automobile advanced between 0.4% and 1.9%.
China's Shanghai Composite gained 0.9%. BTG Hotels, Nanjing Central Emporium, Shanxi Xinghuacun Fen Wine Factory, and Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceutical posted gains between 4.9% and 5.3%.
India's Sensex climbed 0.6%. Dr. Reddy's Labs jumped 5.2%. Financials like SBI spiked 3.3%, IndusInd Bank rose 2.4%, and Kotak Mahindra Bank rose 0.8% while ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank added 0.2% and 0.1%, respectively.

Major European indices trade near their flat lines while Italy's MIB (+0.9%) outperforms. European Commissioner Gunther Oettinger praised Italy's Finance Minister Giovanni Tria for his recent comments, in which, Mr. Tria stressed that Italy's government has no intention to leave the euro. The British parliament will vote on the Brexit customs union amendment on Wednesday.

In economic data:
Eurozone ZEW Economic Sentiment -12.6 (expected 0.1; last 2.4)
Germany's June ZEW Economic Sentiment -16.1 (expected -14.6; last -8.2) and ZEW Current Conditions 80.6 (expected 85.0; last 87.4)
UK's May Claimant Count Change -7,700 (expected 11,300; last 28,200). April Average Earnings Index + Bonus +2.5%, as expected (last 2.6%)
Italy's Quarterly Unemployment Rate 11.1%, as expected (last 11.1%)
France's Nonfarm Payrolls +0.2% quarter-over-quarter (expected 0.3%; last 0.4%)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE is lower by 0.3%. Homebuilders are among the laggards with Barratt Developments, Taylor Wimpey, and Persimmon down between 1.6% and 2.7%. Miners also lag with Anglo American, Antofagasta, BHP Billiton, and Glencore down between 0.8% and 2.5%.
France's CAC has shed 0.2%. Heavyweights like Michelin, Louis Vuitton, Peugeot, Total, L'Oreal, BNP Paribas, and Credit Agricole are down between 0.2% and 2.6%.
Germany's DAX is down 0.1%. Daimler leads, rising 1.4%, while Volkswagen is up 0.3% and BMW is down 0.1%. SAP, Deutsche Bank, and Siemens hold gains between 0.1% and 0.4%.
Italy's MIB has climbed 0.9%. Italgas, FinecoBank, CNH Industrial, Bper Banca, UniCredit, Ferrari, Luxottica, and Pirelli hold gains between 0.3% and 2.1%.

08:35AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +4.30.

The S&P 500 futures are trading two points above fair value.

Just in, total CPI increased 0.2% (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) in May, and core CPI, which excludes food and energy, also rose 0.2% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%). On a year-over-year basis, total CPI is up 2.8% (vs +2.5% in April) and core CPI is up 2.2% (vs +2.1% in April).

07:58AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: flat.

Following yesterday's slim victory on Wall Street, equity futures are roughly flat this morning, conveying a muted response from investors to last night's historic summit between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. The S&P 500 futures are currently trading two points above fair value.

Last night's meeting ended with Mr. Trump and Mr. Kim signing a joint statement in which the U.S. committed to provide "security guarantees" and North Korea reaffirmed its "firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula." The statement lacked specific details, which will instead be worked out in follow-up negotiations led by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and a high-level North Korean official. The U.S. will keep applying economic sanctions against North Korea, however, until Pyongyang makes progress, which Mr. Trump believes will happen "very quickly."

With the long-awaited summit now over, investors have started turning their attention to this week's trio of central bank meetings. The Federal Reserve will kick off two days of talks this morning, with a rate hike likely coming on Wednesday afternoon, while the European Central Bank and the Bank of Japan are scheduled to meet on Thursday and Friday, respectively.

Before making its rate-hike decision though, the Fed will receive another piece of inflation data this morning, the Consumer Price Index for May (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%), which will be released at 8:30 AM ET. The May Treasury Budget, which will cross the wires at 2:00 PM ET, is the only other notable piece of economic data on today's calendar.

U.S. Treasury yields are a tick higher this morning, with the benchmark 10-yr yield up one basis point at 2.97%, and the U.S. Dollar Index is up 0.1% at 93.61. West Texas Intermediate crude futures are slightly lower, down 0.2% at $65.98 per barrel, after touching a more than one-week high on Monday.

In U.S. corporate news:

Restoration Hardware (RH 143.40, +24.67): +20.8% after reporting above-consensus earnings for Q1 and raising its guidance for Q2 and FY19.
Dave & Busters (PLAY 54.45, +6.62): +13.8% after beating top and bottom line estimates for Q1.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a higher note. Japan's Nikkei +0.3%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.1%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.9%, India's Sensex +0.6%.
In economic data:
China's May New Loans CNY1.15 billion (expected CNY1.20 billion; last CNY1.18 billion). May Outstanding Loan Growth +12.6% year-over-year (expected 12.7%; last 12.7%). M2 Money Stock +8.3% year-over-year (expected 8.5%; last 8.3%)
Japan's Tertiary Industry Activity Index +1.0% month-over-month (expected 0.6%; last -0.3%). May PPI +0.6% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 0.1%); +2.7% year-over-year (expected 2.2%; last 2.1%). Q2 BSI Large Manufacturing Conditions -3.2 (expected 3.2; last 2.9)
Australia's April Home Loans -1.4% month-over-month (expected -1.7%; last -2.3%). May NAB Business Confidence 6 (expected 9; last 11)
New Zealand's May Electronic Card Retail Sales +0.4% month-over-month (last -2.2%); +4.2% year-over-year (last 1.4%)
Singapore's April Retail Sales -0.2% month-over-month (last 2.7%); +0.4% year-over-year (last -1.1%)
In news:
U.S. President Donald Trump met with North Korea's Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un in Singapore overnight. The two leaders discussed building a lasting peace regime while Chairman Kim reaffirmed DPRK's commitment to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. President Trump announced that regular joint military exercises with South Korea will be ended.
China Securities Journal noted that mid-year liquidity has been better than expected and that the People's Bank of China is likely to keep current conditions in place.\

Major European indices trade near their flat lines while Italy's MIB (+0.5%) outperforms. UK's FTSE -0.3%, France's CAC -0.2%, Germany's DAX unch.
In economic data:
Eurozone ZEW Economic Sentiment -12.6 (expected 0.1; last 2.4)
Germany's June ZEW Economic Sentiment -16.1 (expected -14.6; last -8.2) and ZEW Current Conditions 80.6 (expected 85.0; last 87.4)
UK's May Claimant Count Change -7,700 (expected 11,300; last 28,200). April Average Earnings Index + Bonus +2.5%, as expected (last 2.6%)
Italy's Quarterly Unemployment Rate 11.1%, as expected (last 11.1%)
France's Nonfarm Payrolls +0.2% quarter-over-quarter (expected 0.3%; last 0.4%)
In news:
European Commissioner Gunther Oettinger praised Italy's Finance Minister Giovanni Tria for his recent comments, in which, Mr. Tria stressed that Italy's government has no intention to leave the euro.
The British parliament will vote on the Brexit customs union amendment on Wednesday.

07:34AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -0.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -7.30.

06:55AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -1.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -8.00.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...22878...+74.30...+0.30%. Hang Seng...31103...+39.40...+0.10%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7715.13...-22.30...-0.30%. DAX...12845.27...+2.40...+0.00%.

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] U.S. equities eked out a slim victory on Monday as investors shrugged off a contentious Group of Seven meeting and looked ahead to a historic summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. The S&P 500 was up 0.3% with just 10 minutes to go, but a late bout of selling left the index with a gain of 0.1%.

Mr. Trump's meeting with Mr. Kim is scheduled to begin in Singapore at around 9:00 PM ET and will mark the first time that a sitting U.S. president has met with a North Korean leader. The two sides will attempt to come to some sort of agreement on denuclearization that'll likely require security assurances from the U.S. However, the chance of success remains unclear as officials engaged in last-minute talks ahead of the meeting are reportedly struggling to bridge the gaps on some of the most basic issues, according to The New York Times.

Separately, the annual Group of Seven summit over the weekend ended on a contentious note after President Trump decided to forego signing a joint statement in response to comments from Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who vowed to retaliate against Mr. Trump's recently imposed tariffs on steel and aluminum imports.

Most S&P 500 sectors finished Monday with modest gains. However, the telecom services and consumer staples groups outperformed, adding 0.7% and 0.8%, respectively. The health care sector (+0.1%), meanwhile, finished roughly in line with the broader market even though Boston Scientific (BSX 34.32, +2.37) soared 7.4% on news that rival Stryker (SYK 169.78, -9.17) has made a takeover approach.

Retailers had another positive outing, pushing the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 50.07, +0.52) higher by 1.1%. With Monday's advance, the XRT is now up 8.0% for the month of June, nearly triple the S&P 500's month-to-date gain of 2.8%. The consumer discretionary sector, which houses the bulk of retailers, finished with a gain of 0.3%.

On the downside, the utilities and financials spaces were the weakest performers, shedding 0.3% apiece.

Elsewhere, U.S. Treasuries ended Monday on a lower note, pushing yields higher across the curve. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note advanced two basis points to 2.96%. Meanwhile, West Texas Intermediate crude futures climbed 0.5% to $66.11 per barrel, hitting their best level in more than a week.

Investors didn't receive any notable economic data on Monday. However, they will receive several reports on Tuesday, including the Consumer Price Index for May (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%), the Treasury Budget for May, and the NFIB Small Business Optimism Index for May.

Nasdaq Composite +11.0% YTD
Russell 2000 +9.1% YTD
S&P 500 +4.1% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +2.4% YTD

Dow: +5.78… | Nasdaq: +14.41… | S&P: +2.97…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1617/1350. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1591/1308.

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Emmett Moore via TheStrategyLab.com Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image The Strategy Lab: Valforex - The Manipulative Review Scam @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3676

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com