TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: May 7th Monday Price Action Trade Result Profit $1912.50
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:02 am 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users Reviews, Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
050718-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+1912.50.png
050718-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+1912.50.png [ 74.53 KiB | Viewed 285 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $1912.50 dollars or +38.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1912.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=2816

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades and price action analysis are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...review of TheStrategyLab is that this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Quote:
These real-time trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades and prior to sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=3706 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
050718-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png
050718-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png [ 1.9 MiB | Viewed 300 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets discussed by members of TheStrategyLab chat room or private thread discussions

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: +94.81… | Nasdaq: +55.60… | S&P: +9.21…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.93 bln… Adv: 1770… Dec: 1102…
NYSE Vol: 758.7 mln… Adv: 1830… Dec: 1087…
iPad apps for Morningstar StockInvestor, FundInvestor, DividendInvestor, ETFInvestor

Moving the Market

Continued buying momentum following Friday's broad-based rally

WTI crude futures give back gains after President Trump tweets he'll be announcing his decision on the Iran nuclear deal tomorrow; energy shares weaken

Top-weighted information technology group outperforms

Sector Watch
Strong: Technology, Financials, Industrials
Weak: Materials, Health Care, Consumer Staples, Utilities, Telecom Services, Real Estate

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks were range-bound for much of Monday's session, cruising towards what looked like an easy victory, but news that President Trump will announce his decision regarding the Iran nuclear deal on Tuesday prompted a wave of selling in the late afternoon. The market bounced back a bit following the initial reaction, but still finished off its highs of the day. The S&P 500 and the Dow settled with gains of 0.4% apiece, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq and the small-cap Russell 2000 ended with respective gains 0.8% and 0.9%.

The energy sector led the broader market higher out of the gate, moving in tandem with crude oil prices, which hit their highest level in three-and-a-half years; the energy sector was up 2.4% at its highest mark of the day, while WTI crude futures were up 1.6% at $70.81/bbl. However, those gains were completely unraveled after President Trump tweeted that he'll be announcing his decision to either stay or pull out of the Iran nuclear deal at 2:00 PM ET on Tuesday. The president is expected to pull out of the deal -- thereby restoring sanctions on Iran, a top oil exporter -- but that's not for certain.

Energy eventually finished with a gain of 0.2%, closing near the center of the sector standings. The top-weighted technology sector (+0.8%) trailed energy in second place through much of the session and took over the top spot on the leaderboard after energy fell. Within the tech space, Apple (AAPL 185.16, +1.33, +0.7%) climbed for the sixth session in a row, settling at a new all-time high, and NVIDIA (NVDA 248.68, +9.62, +4.0%) soared after Bank of America/Merrill Lynch maintained its 'Buy' rating ahead of Thursday's earnings report.

The financials (+0.7%) and industrials (+0.7%) groups closed right behind technology at the top of the sector standings, while the other advancing sectors finished with gains between less than 0.1% and 0.4%. On the downside, the health care (-0.1%), consumer staples (-0.6%), utilities (-0.5%), and telecom services (-0.6%) sectors -- all of which are countercyclical groups -- settled in negative territory.

Elsewhere, U.S. Treasuries began the week on a modestly lower, but mostly quiet, note amid a lack of notable economic data; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note advanced one basis point to 2.95%.

Monday's lone economic report -- the Consumer Credit report for March -- showed an increase of $11.7 billion (Briefing.com consensus $16.1 billion). The key takeaway from the report is that there was a decline in outstanding revolving credit for the second straight month, which reflects a propensity by consumers to pay down debt in a rising interest rate environment. That inclination helps explain why consumer spending growth was lackluster in the first quarter.

Nasdaq Composite: +5.2% YTD
Russell 2000: +2.8% YTD
S&P 500: UNCH YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: -1.5% YTD

Dow: +94.81… | Nasdaq: +55.60… | S&P: +9.21…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1770/1102. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1830/1087.

03:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities finished the day modestly lower overall, evidenced by a 0.2% decline in the Bloomberg Commodity Index, which settled at 89.82.

WTI crude futures settled pit trade up 1.5% at $70.73/bbl -- their highest close in three-and-a-half years -- but have dropped back to their flat line in electronic trade after President Trump tweeted that he'll be announcing his decision regarding the Iran nuclear deal tomorrow at 2:00 PM ET. It is assumed that the president will pull out of the deal, but that is not for certain.

Energy:
June Crude Oil futures rose $1.01 (1.45%) to $70.73/barrel
June Natural Gas settled $0.03 higher (1.11%) at $2.74/MMBtu
Metals:
June gold settled today's session down $0.50 (0.04%) at $1314.2/oz
July silver settled today's session $0.02 lower (0.12%) at $16.5/oz
July copper settled $0.01 lower (0.32%) at $3.08/lb

Dow: +66.07… | Nasdaq: +51.08… | S&P: +7.23…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1786/1070. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1851/1067.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have slipped to their lowest levels of the afternoon, but are still up between 0.3% and 0.8%.

Just in, the Consumer Credit report for March showed an increase of $11.6 billion (Briefing.com consensus $16.1 billion). February credit growth was revised to $13.6 billion from $10.6 billion.
Dow: +73.45… | Nasdaq: +59.92… | S&P: +10.00…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1876/997. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1931/992.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Nasdaq Composite and the S&P 500 made another HoD since our last update, boasting gains of 1.0% and 0.6%, respectively.

The consumer staples (-0.5%) sector lags the broader market today owing to some tough Monday sessions out of blue chip names like Wal-Mart (WMT 85.67, -1.86, -2.1%) -- earnings 5/17, Costco (COST 193.24, -1.94, -1.0%) -- earnings 5/31, CVS Health (CVS 61.99, -1.11, -1.8%) -- saw insider buying disclosures from two Directors, and Walgreens Boot Alliance (WBA 62.46, -1.35, -2.1%). Adding to the upcoming earnings, Wal-Mart announced this morning that, in addition to its efforts announced earlier this year to combat opiod abuse, Walmart and Sam's Club will restrict opioid prescription fill limits to up to seven days. The company also detailed its plan to require e-prescriptions for opioids by 2020.

In a broader sense, the consumer staples space has underperfomed the broader market to this point in 2018. YTD, the Consumer Staples SPDR (XLP 49.47, -0.21, -0.4%) posts about a 13% decline vs the 0.2% advance in the S&P 500 thus far this year.
Dow: +168.86… | Nasdaq: +76.81… | S&P: +15.84…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1958/881. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2050/859.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 continues to knock on the door of its 50-day simple moving average (2679) as stock remain broadly higher into the afternoon.

Gold futures settled at $1,314.10/oz on Monday, little changed to begin the week. The modest move in the yellow metal is outdone by the better than 1% advance in crude oil futures. Today's move in black gold is underpinned by the notion that President Trump will soon pull out of the Iran nuclear deal.

In currencies the U.S. Dollar Index is up about 0.2% to 92.71.
Dow: +172.53… | Nasdaq: +67.82… | S&P: +15.25…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1927/911. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1983/912.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue to bolster modest gains was Wall Street kicks off the trading week.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Caterpillar (CAT 150.31, +3.94), Exxon Mobil (XOM 78.62, +1.72), & Boeing (BA 341.86, +7.43) are outperforming. In addition to a positive mention in this weekend's Barron's, Exxon Mobil is also benefiting from relative strength seen across the entire energy sector as crude oil futures climb 1.2% above $70.50/bbl. Boeing also received its own positive mention in Barron's this weekend.

Conversely, Wal-Mart (WMT 85.73, -1.80) is the worst-performing Dow component as retail lags in today's session.

With today's gains, the DJIA is up 1.1% to start the month.
Dow: +140.81… | Nasdaq: +54.34… | S&P: +11.92…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1902/910. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1969/912.

01:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has kicked off the week on a positive note, moving higher for the second consecutive session. The S&P 500 is up 0.5%, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher by 0.6%, the Nasdaq Composite is up 0.9%, and the small-cap Russell 2000 sports a gain of 1.0%. The major averages have been drifting sideways at their current levels for the majority of the session.

Gains are broad-based today, with eight of the eleven S&P sectors trading in the green. The energy group (+2.0%) has been the top performer since the opening bell, benefiting from a rise in the price of crude oil. WTI crude futures are up 1.2% at $70.56/bbl -- hovering at their highest level in three-and-a-half years -- underpinned by the notion that President Trump will soon pull out of the Iran nuclear deal.

Meanwhile, the top-weighted technology sector (+1.1%) is the second-best performing group, with Apple (AAPL 186.96, +3.13) rallying for the sixth session in a row; AAPL shares have added 1.7% today and are up more than 15% since April 27. NVIDIA (NVDA 250.00, +10.92) is also strong, up 4.6%, after Bank of America/Merrill Lynch maintained its 'Buy' rating ahead of Thursday's earnings report.

On the downside, consumer staples (-0.5%), utilities (-0.2%), and telecom services (-0.6%) are the worst-performing sectors. The health care group (+0.1%) is also relatively weak, with biotech giant Celgene (CELG 84.53, -2.34) losing 2.7% after being downgraded to 'Outperform' from 'Top Pick' at RBC Capital Markets this morning.

The S&P 500, which is currently at 2676, ticked above its 50-day moving average (2680) early in the session, but couldn't keep above the key technical level.

Elsewhere, U.S. Treasuries were flirting with their flat lines earlier, but are now down modestly, sending yields into the green; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up one basis point at 2.95%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index (92.55) has trimmed its gain to 0.1% from around 0.4% earlier, but is still on track to close at a new 2018 high.

Today's lone economic report -- the Consumer Credit report for March (Briefing.com consensus $16.1 billion) -- will be released at 3:00 PM ET.
Dow: +153.88… | Nasdaq: +61.91… | S&P: +13.55…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1855/945. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1960/927.

12:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 is up 0.6%, the Dow is up 0.8%, the Nasdaq is up 1.0%, and the Russell 2000 is up 1.1%.

Eight sectors are higher this afternoon, including financials (+0.7%), consumer discretionary (+0.4%), industrials (+0.9%), energy (+2.0%), materials (+0.3%), technology (+1.1%), health care (+0.2%), and real estate (+0.1%). Conversely, the consumer staples (-0.5%), utilities (-0.3%), and telecom (-0.7%) groups are in the red.

In Europe, France's CAC and Germany's DAX added 0.3% and 1.0%, respectively, while the UK's FTSE was closed for Early May Bank Holiday.
Dow: +189.01… | Nasdaq: +71.47… | S&P: +16.34…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1832/955. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1961/910.

12:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are hovering near their recent levels, with the S&P 500 up 0.5%.

Looking ahead to tonight's earnings, Hertz Global (HTZ 22.15, +0.78), AMC Entertainment (AMC 16.87, +0.58), and Zillow (ZG 55.36, +2.36) are all scheduled to report their quarterly results following the closing bell.

In the bond market, Treasuries are slightly lower moving into the afternoon, pushing yields higher across the curve; the benchmark 10-yr yield is up one basis point at 2.96%.
Dow: +166.31… | Nasdaq: +67.68… | S&P: +14.24…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1769/987. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1869/979`.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Dow Jones Industrial Average is up 0.8%, extending its May advance to 1.2%.

Within the DJIA, industrial giants Boeing (BA 342.49, +8.00) and Caterpillar (CAT 150.54, +4.17) and energy mammoth Exxon Mobil (XOM 78.90, +2.00) are the top performers, sporting gains between 2.4% and 2.8%. Conversely, the world's largest retailer, Walmart (WMT 86.04, -1.49), is the weakest Dow component, down 1.7%.

In currencies, the U.S. Dollar Index is up 0.2% at 92.59, hitting a new high for the year.
Dow: +196.21… | Nasdaq: +72.37… | S&P: +16.33…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1792/964. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1879/946.

11:05AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have pulled back from their highs of the day, but are still trading in the green. The S&P 500, for instance, is up 0.5%.

Energy (+2.2%) remains the top-performing S&P group by a wide margin, benefiting from a rise in the price of crude oil; WTI crude futures are up 1.4% at $70.68/bbl, cracking the $70/bbl mark for the first time in three-and-a-half years. Meanwhile, technology (+0.9%) is the next-best performing group, with chipmaker NVIDIA (NVDA 249.05, +10.04) showing particular strength, up 4.2%, after Bank of America/Merrill Lynch maintained its 'Buy' rating ahead of this week's earnings report; NVIDIA will report earnings on Thursday.

Conversely, defense-oriented sectors like health care (+0.1%), consumer staples (-0.5%), utilities (-0.4%), and telecom services (-0.7%) are struggling, hovering at the bottom of today's sector standings. The pro-growth real estate group (-0.2%) also lags.
Dow: +183.56… | Nasdaq: +61.39… | S&P: +14.24…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1696/1024. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1800/1002.

10:35AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Crude oil futures are breaking out to a four-year high this morning. President Trump is widely expected to back out of the Iran Nuclear deal later this week. The deadline is Saturday, May 12 for President Trump to confirm the agreement stuck in 2015. President Trump has made it clear he does not like the deal. European leaders have made a concerted effort in recent weeks to convince him otherwise. Elevated tensions in the Middle East and potential disruption to Iranian oil supply put upward pressure on oil prices. June WTI Crude Oil futures are up 1% at $70.39/barrel (+0.67) while Brent Oil is up 1.2% at $75.77/barrel (+0.90).

June Natural Gas futures are up 1.7% at $2.76/MMBtu (+0.05).

Previous Metals are slightly lower as the dollar continues to rally. June gold futures are down 0.1% at $1313.80/oz (-0.90) while July silver futures are down 0.1% at $15.50/oz (-0.02).

Aluminum futures hit a two week high amid continued uncertainty regarding US sanctions that could curb supply. Aluminum is the best performing commodity this morning, up 3.1% at $2345.75 (+71).

US Wheat and coffee futures are both down 2%.
Dow: +190.09… | Nasdaq: +63.64… | S&P: +13.55…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1698/907. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1813/942.

09:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have continued ticking higher, with the S&P 500 extending its gain to 0.6%.

Ten sectors are in the green -- financials (+0.1%), consumer discretionary (+0.4%), industrials (+0.6%), energy (+2.1%), materials (+0.4%), technology (+0.9%), health care (+0.7%), consumer staples (+0.2%), utilities (+0.1%), and real estate (+0.1%) -- while one is in the red -- telecom services (-0.1%).

Tech giants Apple (AAPL 186.28, +2.50), Microsoft (MSFT 96.09, +0.93), Facebook (FB 178.97, +2.33), and Alphabet (GOOG 1058.43, +10.22) are all solidly higher, up between 1.0% and 1.3%, helping the top-weighted technology group keep ahead of the broader market.
Dow: +181.64… | Nasdaq: +55.79… | S&P: +16.00…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1656/985. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1790/855.

09:45AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are higher in the opening minutes, sporting gains between 0.5% and 0.7%.

Most S&P 500 sectors are in the green. The energy group (+1.6%) is the top-performing sector by a wide margin, helped by a rise in the price of crude oil. The second-best performing group is information technology (+0.8%), while the worst-performing space is telecom services (-0.1%).

U.S. Treasuries are still flat, with the benchmark 10-yr yield unchanged at 2.94%.
Dow: +155.68… | Nasdaq: +53.68… | S&P: +14.57…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1647/906. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1734/874.

09:10AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +10.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +39.50.

The stock market is on course for a higher open, as the S&P 500 futures are trading 12 points, or 0.4%, above fair value.

In corporate news, shares of Tyson Foods (TSN 64.50, -2.47) are down 3.7% after the company reported worse-than-expected quarterly profits this morning. Conversely, shares of Starbucks (SBUX 59.42, +1.74) are up 3.0% following news that Nestle will pay the company $7.15 billion upfront, plus royalties, for the right to market its products.

WTI crude futures have cracked the $70/barrel mark for the first time in three-and-a-half years -- jumping 1.4% to $70.68/barrel. The belief that the U.S. will soon pull out of the Iran nuclear deal -- thereby restoring sanctions against Iran, which is a major oil exporter -- has helped underpin the commodity, as has a deepening economic crisis in Venezuela -- which is also a major exporter of oil.

Elsewhere, Treasuries are now flat after being down modestly earlier this morning; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is unchanged at 2.94%. The U.S. Dollar Index, meanwhile, is up 0.2% at 92.64, which marks a new 2018 high.

Investors will receive just one economic report today -- the Consumer Credit report for March (Briefing.com consensus $16.1 billion) -- which will be released at 3:00 PM ET.

08:50AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +8.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +33.30.

The S&P 500 futures are trading nine points, or 0.3%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Monday on a mixed note. The weekend went by without any noteworthy updates from negotiations conducted by U.S. and Chinese trade officials. High-profile bilateral meetings will continue this week with China's Premier Li Keqiang scheduled to meet with Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in Tokyo. U.S. National Security Advisor John Bolton said that President Trump's meeting with North Korea's Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un is likely to happen in the middle of next month in Singapore.

In economic data:
Australia's April AIG Construction Index 55.4 (last 57.2) and April NAB Business Confidence 10 (last 8)
China's FX Reserves $3.125 trillion (expected $3.133 trillion; last $3.143 trillion)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei settled just below its flat line. Ricoh, Komatsu, JTEKT, Takeda Pharmaceutical, Hino Motors, Kyocera, Yokohama Rubber, Panasonic, and Subaru lost between 0.9% and 2.4%. On the upside, Yamaha, TOTO, Sony, and Japan Steel Works gained between 2.1% and 5.4%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng added 0.2%. Geely Automobile surged 4.3% after reporting monthly sales while PetroChina, CNOOC, and China Shenhua Energy rose between 1.9% and 3.3%. AAC Technologies gained 1.3% while Wharf Real Estate was the weakest performer, falling 1.9%.
China's Shanghai Composite rose 1.5%. ENN Ecological Holdings, Hunan Copote Science & Technology, Chongqing Brewery, Tibet Rhodiola Pharmaceutical Holding, and Tongwei rose between 6.9% and 9.3%.
India's Sensex gained 0.8%. Financials like AXIS Bank, ICICI Bank, SBI, Kotak Mahindra Bank, and Yes Bank climbed between 0.6% and 2.8%. On the downside, Dr. Reddy's Labs lost 1.8% and Sun Pharma fell 1.0%.

Major European indices trade in the green while the UK's FTSE is closed for Early May Bank Holiday. Reports from Italy indicate Movimento 5 Stelle leader Luigi Di Maio offered to pick a prime minister in a joint decision with Lega leader Matteo Salvini. A failure to strike a deal could lead to an implementation of a technocrat government, since a new election would be unlikely to break the impasse. Moody's affirmed France's AA2 rating and raised the outlook to 'Positive' from 'Stable.'

In economic data:
Eurozone May Sentix Investor Confidence 19.2 (expected 21.2; last 19.6) and Retail PMI 48.6 (last 50.1)
Germany's March Factory Orders -0.9% month-over-month (expected 0.5%; last -0.2%)
Swiss April CPI +0.2% month-over-month (expected 0.3%; last 0.4%); +0.8% year-over-year (expected 0.9%; last 0.8%)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE is closed.
France's CAC is higher by 0.1%. STMicroelectronics leads with a gain of 3.0% while Solvay, Airbus Group, TechnipFMC, Carrefour, Accor, Pernod Ricard, and Renault are up between 0.3% and 1.4%. On the downside, BNP Paribas, Societe Generale, and Credit Agricole show losses between 0.4% and 0.9%.
Germany's DAX trades up 0.7%. Infineon, Linde, Covestro, Lufthansa, and Volkswagen are up between 0.7% and 3.3%. Deutsche Bank lags, falling 0.8%.

08:25AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +8.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +36.30.

The S&P 500 futures are trading nine points, or 0.3%, above fair value.

Around 40 S&P 500 companies will report their results this week in what will be the last big wave of the first quarter earnings season. The two most notable names on this week's earnings calendar are Walt Disney (DIS 102.24, +1.09), which will report on Tuesday, and NVIDIA (NVDA 243.50, +4.44), which will report on Thursday.

At this juncture, over 80% of S&P 500 companies have reported their quarterly results, with a reported growth rate of nearly 26%.

08:03AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +11.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +39.30.

Equities ended last week on a positive note, nearly reclaiming all of their weekly losses in a big rally on Friday, and look set to extend the positive momentum into today's session. The Dow futures are up 0.3%, the S&P 500 futures are also up 0.3%, and the tech-heavy Nasdaq futures are up 0.6%.

WTI crude futures have cracked the $70/barrel mark for the first time in three-and-a-half years -- jumping 1.2% to $70.52/barrel. The belief that the U.S. will soon pull out of the Iran nuclear deal -- thereby restoring sanctions against Iran, which is a major oil exporter -- has helped underpin the commodity, as has a deepening economic crisis in Venezuela -- which is also a major exporter of oil.

Elsewhere, the U.S. Dollar Index, which measures the greenback against a basket of other currencies, is up 0.3% at 92.70 -- a new 2018 high -- and U.S. Treasuries are lower, pushing yields higher across the curve; the benchmark 10-yr yield, for instance, is up two basis points at 2.96%.

Investors will receive just one economic report today -- the Consumer Credit report for March (Briefing.com consensus $16.1 billion) -- which will be released at 3:00 PM ET. As for earnings, about 40 S&P 500 companies will report their results this week in what will be the last big wave of the first quarter earnings season, but there aren't many notable names on today's earnings calendar.

There will be a trio of Fed speakers today; Richmond Fed President Thomas Barkin (voter) will speak at George Mason University at 2:00 PM ET, while Dallas Fed President Robert Kaplan (non-voter) and Chicago Fed President Charles Evans (non-voter) will participate in a panel discussion at the Atlanta Fed Financial Market Conference at 3:00 PM ET.

In U.S. corporate news:

Tyson Foods (TSN 62.80, -4.17): -6.2% after reporting below-consensus earnings for its fiscal second quarter.
Starbucks (SBUX 59.75, +2.07): +3.6% after striking a deal with Nestle, which will pay SBUX $7.15 billion upfront for the right to market its products.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Monday on a mixed note. Japan's Nikkei unch, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.2%, China's Shanghai Composite +1.5%, India's Sensex +0.8%.
In economic data:
Australia's April AIG Construction Index 55.4 (last 57.2) and April NAB Business Confidence 10 (last 8)
China's FX Reserves $3.125 trillion (expected $3.133 trillion; last $3.143 trillion)
In news:
The weekend went by without any noteworthy updates from negotiations conducted by U.S. and Chinese trade officials. High-profile bilateral meetings will continue this week with China's Premier Li Keqiang scheduled to meet with Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in Tokyo.
U.S. National Security Advisor John Bolton said that President Trump's meeting with North Korea's Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un is likely to happen in the middle of next month.

Major European indices trade in the green while the UK's FTSE is closed for Early May Bank Holiday. France's CAC +0.1%, Germany's DAX +0.5%.
In economic data:
Eurozone May Sentix Investor Confidence 19.2 (expected 21.2; last 19.6) and Retail PMI 48.6 (last 50.1)
Germany's March Factory Orders -0.9% month-over-month (expected 0.5%; last -0.2%)
Swiss April CPI +0.2% month-over-month (expected 0.3%; last 0.4%); +0.8% year-over-year (expected 0.9%; last 0.8%)
In news:
Reports from Italy indicate Movimento 5 Stelle leader Luigi Di Maio offered to pick a prime minister in a joint decision with Lega leader Matteo Salvini. A failure to strike a deal could lead to an implementation of a technocrat government, since a new election would be unlikely to break the impasse.

Moody's affirmed France's AA2 rating and raised the outlook to 'Positive' from 'Stable.'

07:30AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +11.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +45.80.

06:56AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +10.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +44.00.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...22467...-5.60...0.00%. Hang Seng...29994...+67.80...+0.20%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...Holiday......... DAX...12872.67...+53.10...+0.40%.

04:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] U.S. equities rallied on Friday following the publication of the monthly jobs report, with technology names leading the charge -- including Apple (AAPL 183.83, +6.94), which rallied 3.9% after Warren Buffet revealed his company, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B 195.64, +4.03), bought an additional 75 million shares of Apple in the first quarter. The Russell 2000 jumped 1.2%, the S&P 500 advanced 1.3%, the Dow climbed 1.4%, and the Nasdaq rose 1.7%.

Equity indices opened the session modestly lower, but things turned around quickly after the S&P 500 found support at its 200-day moving average. Stocks climbed steadily into the late afternoon, finishing near their best marks of the day. Friday's gains brought the S&P 500 and the Dow within 0.2% of their flat lines for the week and left the Nasdaq with a weekly gain of 1.3%.

The Employment Situation report for April was released on Friday morning, but didn't contain many surprises, reinforcing the notion that the Fed is on course for at least two more rate hikes this year. The report showed a lower-than-expected increase in nonfarm payrolls (164K actual vs 190K Briefing.com consensus), an in-line reading for average hourly earnings (+0.2% actual/Briefing.com consensus), and a lower-than-expected unemployment rate (3.9% actual vs 4.0% Briefing.com consensus).

Gains were broad-based on Friday, with all 11 S&P sectors settling in the green. The top-weighted technology sector (+2.0%) closed at the top of the day's leaderboard, but seven groups in total finished with gains of at least 1.0%. The energy and utilities sectors finished at the back of the pack, but still added 0.4%-0.5% apiece.

Several well-known consumer names rallied after reporting better-than-expected quarterly earnings and revenues, including Pandora (P 6.89, +1.14), GoPro (GPRO 5.45, +0.49), and Shake Shack (SHAK 55.95, +8.54), which spiked between 9.9% and 19.8%, and CBS (CBS 53.17, +4.43), which climbed 9.1%. However, V.F. Corp (VFC 76.27, -2.19) -- which owns brands like The North Face, Lee, Wrangler, JanSport, and Dickies -- declined 2.8% despite also beating top and bottom line estimates.

U.S. Treasuries saw some intraday movement on Friday, but ended mostly flat, with the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note closing unchanged at 2.94%. Meanwhile, WTI crude futures jumped 1.9% to $69.72/bbl, their highest close since November 2014, and the U.S. Dollar Index climbed 0.2% to 92.45 -- a new 2018 high.

In geopolitics, two days of trade negotiations between the U.S. and China ended without a deal, as expected, but the two sides did agree to keep talking.

Nasdaq Composite: +4.4% YTD
Russell 2000: +2.0% YTD
S&P 500: -0.4% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: -1.9% YTD

Week In Review: Mixed Week Ends On A Positive Note

Equity indices finished the week mixed, with the S&P 500 and the Dow losing 0.2% apiece and the tech-heavy Nasdaq adding 1.3%. Investors digested the latest policy directive from the Fed, the Employment Situation report for April, and another big batch of corporate earnings -- including Apple's (AAPL) quarterly report.

The stock market kicked off the week on a lower note Monday, with telecoms leading the retreat after Sprint (S) and T-Mobile US (TMUS) agreed to an all-stock merger over the weekend. The deal, which capped four years of on-again, off-again talks, is aimed at creating a larger carrier to better compete with wireless giants AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ).

Wall Street bounced back a bit on Tuesday, led by technology shares, which rallied ahead of Apple's quarterly earnings release. Apple's results crossed the wires on Tuesday evening, showing a better-than-expected bottom line. In addition, the tech giant raised its profit guidance for the current quarter, increased its share repurchase program by $100 billion, and raised its dividend by 16%.

Apple shares rallied more than 4.0% on Wednesday in reaction to the upbeat results/guidance, but the broader market struggled -- a somewhat concerning signal considering Apple was among the top performers during last year's rally and considering it's the largest component in the S&P 500 by market cap.

The Fed's latest policy directive was released on Wednesday afternoon, but contained few surprises. Fed officials unanimously decided to leave the federal funds target range unchanged at 1.50% to 1.75%, as expected. In addition, officials laid the groundwork for a rate hike at the June meeting and left the door open for another one to two hikes before the end of the year.

Equity indices shot lower at the start of Thursday's session, with the S&P 500 busting through its 200-day moving average, but eventually rebounded to finish little changed. Tesla (TSLA) received a lot of attention in the media on Thursday after its CEO, Elon Musk, unconventionally dismissed analysts' questions in the company's earnings call, calling them "boring."

The Employment Situation report for April crossed the wires on Friday morning, showing a lower-than-expected increase in nonfarm payrolls (164K actual vs 190K Briefing.com consensus), an in-line reading for average hourly earnings (+0.2% actual/Briefing.com consensus), and a lower-than-expected unemployment rate (3.9% actual vs 4.0% Briefing.com consensus).

The key takeaway from the report is that there weren't a lot of big surprises in it, which effectively means the Fed is apt to stay on course for at least two more rate hikes this year.

Apple reemerged in the headlines on Friday after Warren Buffet revealed his company, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B), bought an additional 75 million shares of Apple in the first quarter. Apple jumped 3.9% in reaction, leading a broad-based rally that made a significant dent in the S&P 500's weekly decline. The tech group was the top-performing sector on Friday, extending its weekly gain to 3.2%.

The technology sector closed at the top of the sector standings by a decent margin, while health care (-3.0%), telecom services (-4.6%), and consumer staples (-2.0%) finished at the back of the pack. In total, seven S&P 500 sectors settled the week in negative territory, while four groups settled in the green.

Dow: +332.36… | Nasdaq: +121.47… | S&P: +33.69…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 2068/764. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2214/729.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Emmett Moore via TheStrategyLab.com Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image The Strategy Lab: Valforex - The Manipulative Review Scam @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3676

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com