TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April 26th Thurs Price Action Trade Result Profit $4137.50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users Reviews, Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
042618-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+4137.50.png
042618-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+4137.50.png [ 76 KiB | Viewed 337 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $4137.50 dollars or +82.75 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $4137.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=2807

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades and price action analysis are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...review of TheStrategyLab is that this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=3706 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
042618-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png
042618-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png [ 2.03 MiB | Viewed 403 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets discussed by members of TheStrategyLab chat room or private thread discussions

The Market at 04:20PM ET
Dow: +238.51… | Nasdaq: +114.94… | S&P: +27.54…
NASDAQ Vol: 2.09 bln… Adv: 1723… Dec: 1080…
NYSE Vol: 832.5 mln… Adv: 1974… Dec: 968…

Moving the Market

Upbeat batch of first quarter earnings; Facebook (FB) shows particular strength after reporting blowout results, including double-digit growth in daily active users

Treasury yields tick lower; benchmark 10-yr yield drops back below 3.0% mark

European Central Bank leaves its monetary policy unchanged, as widely expected

Sector Watch
Strong: Consumer Discretionary, Energy, Technology, Real Estate
Weak: Financials, Industrials, Telecom Services

04:20PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks rallied on Thursday, recouping just about all of their weekly losses, as investors cheered the latest batch of first quarter earnings. The S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average advanced 1.0% apiece, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite did even better, jumping 1.6%, as technology shares set the pace.

The most influential S&P 500 sector -- information technology -- advanced 2.3% on Thursday, finishing atop the day's sector standings by a comfortable margin. Tech giant Facebook (FB 174.16, +14.47) soared 9.1% after reporting a blowout first quarter, easily topping earnings and revenue estimates and also reporting double-digit growth in daily active users (DAUs). Visa (V 127.08, +5.87) and Advanced Micro (AMD 11.04, +1.33) contributed to the tech rally as well, adding 4.8% and 13.7%, respectively, after reporting above-consensus earnings and revenues for the first quarter and issuing upbeat guidance.

Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG 422.50, +82.98) was perhaps the most notable post-earnings mover, surging 24.4% to its highest level in nearly a year. The burrito chain reported an impressive first quarter, handily beating earnings estimates on above-consensus growth in same-store sales. The S&P 500 sector that houses Chipotle -- consumer discretionary -- finished in second place in the sector standings with a gain of 1.6%, while most other advancing groups added between 0.6% and 1.5%.

The heavily-weighted financial sector was an exception, finishing just a tick above its flat line. The group underperformed as Treasury yields slipped from multi-year highs; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note slipped below the psychologically important 3.0% mark, ending three basis points below its Wednesday close at 2.99%. The 2-yr yield, meanwhile, finished unchanged at 2.49%.

Telecom services was easily the worst-performing sector, tumbling 3.2%, after AT&T (T 33.10, -2.10) reported lower-than-expected earnings and revenues for the first quarter -- T shares dropped 6.0%. The industrial sector was the only other space to close in the red, losing 0.4% and extending its weekly decline to 3.0%; for comparison, the S&P 500 is down just 0.1% week to date. Within the industrial group, transports showed particular weakness, with American Airlines (AAL 42.37, -2.88) dropping 6.4% after lowering its guidance due to higher fuel prices.

Overseas, the European Central Bank released its latest policy directive on Thursday morning, which -- as expected -- left interest rates unchanged and confirmed that net asset purchases will remain at the current monthly pace of EUR30 billion until the end of September 2018, or beyond, if necessary. The euro declined 0.5% against the U.S. dollar to 1.2105 -- its lowest level since early January -- following the release and a dovish-sounding press conference from ECB President Mario Draghi.

Reviewing Thursday's economic data, which included Durable Goods Orders for March, weekly Initial Claims, Advance International Trade in Goods for March, and Advance Wholesale Inventories for March:

March durable goods orders climbed 2.6%, which is more than the 1.9% increase expected by the Briefing.com consensus. The prior month's reading was revised to +3.5% (from +3.1%). Excluding transportation, durable orders were flat (Briefing.com consensus +0.6%) to follow the prior month's revised increase of 0.9% (from +1.2%).
The key takeaway from the report was that business spending was soft, evidenced by a 0.1% decline in orders of nondefense capital goods excluding aircraft. Shipments of those goods, which factor into GDP forecasts, were down 0.7% after increasing 1.0% in February.
The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 209,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 225,000. Today's tally was below the revised prior week count of 233,000 (from 232,000). As for continuing claims, they declined to 1.837 million from a revised count of 1.866 million (from 1.863 million).
The key takeaway from the initial claims report is that it will feed concerns about a tightening in labor supply and a potential pickup in wage-based inflation pressure as a result of it.
The Advance report for International Trade in Goods for March showed a deficit of $68.0 billion.
The Advance report for Wholesale Inventories for March showed an increase of 0.5%.

On Friday, investors will receive the advance estimate of first quarter GDP (Briefing.com consensus +2.1%) at 8:30 AM ET. The first quarter Employment Cost Index (Briefing.com consensus +0.7%) will also be released at 8:30 AM ET, while the Chicago PMI for April (Briefing.com consensus 56.3) and the final reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for April (Briefing.com consensus 98.0) will cross the wires at 9:45 AM ET and 10:00 AM ET, respectively.

Nasdaq Composite: +3.1% YTD
Russell 2000: +1.5% YTD
S&P 500: -0.3% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: -1.6% YTD

Dow: +238.51… | Nasdaq: +114.94… | S&P: +27.54…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1723/1080. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1974/968.

03:35PM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities finishing the day higher
The Bloomberg Commodity Index is closing out the day +0.2% at 89.40
Among energy, June WTI crude oil futures settled $0.12 higher at $68.18/barrel
May natural gas futures settled $0.05 higher at $2.84/MMBtu
Looking at precious metals...
June gold futures fell $4.70 to $1318/oz, while May silver futures fell $0.20 to $16.50/oz
May copper futures settled $0.02 lower at $3.11/lb

Dow: +252.52… | Nasdaq: +127.33… | S&P: +30.67…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1785/1013. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1961/973.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500, Dow, and Nasdaq are at session highs moving into the final hour of trading, sporting gains between 1.3% and 2.0%.

Looking ahead to tonight's earnings, Amazon (AMZN 1520.71, +60.54), Microsoft (MSFT 95.00, +2.69), Intel (INTC 52.98, +1.60), and Starbucks (SBUX 59.38, +1.68) are all scheduled to report following today's closing bell. Then, on Friday morning, energy giants Exxon Mobil (XOM 80.38, +0.89) and Chevron (CVX 123.76, +1.04) will deliver their quarterly results.

As for econ data, the first reading of Q1 GDP will cross the wires at 8:30 AM ET on Friday; the Briefing.com consensus expects growth of 2.1%.
Dow: +307.55… | Nasdaq: +137.01… | S&P: +35.86…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1366/913. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2025/888.

02:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hover near top marks at this juncture, little changed since our last update.

Taking a glance at the S&P 500 sectors, information technology (+2.4%), real estate (+1.6%), and consumer discretionary (+1.7%) lead gainers. Driving the IT space higher today names like Microsoft (MSFT 94.75, +2.44, +2.7%) -- reports quarterly results tonight, Facebook (FB 175.13, +15.44, +9.7%) -- reported better than expected Q1 EPS and revenues, and Alphabet (GOOG 1044.00, +22.82, +2.2%). Real Estate names American Tower (AMT 137.34, +1.61, +1.2%), Simon Properties (SPG 150.69, +3.95, +2.7%), and Public Storage (PSA 200.98, +7.27, +3.8%) aid the advance in that sector. In the Consumer Discretionary sector components like Amazon (AMZN 1525.81, +65.64, +4.5%) -- reports quarterly results tonight, Home Depot (HD 185.15, +7.76, +4.4%), and McDonald's (MCD 159.11, +3.17, +2.0%) pace the advance in that sector.

S&P 500 sector laggards on Thursday include the telecom services (-3.3%) and industrials (-0.1%) sectors. Following worse than expected Q1 earnings and revenues AT&T (T 32.95, -2.24, -6.4%) "lead" the declines in the telecom space today. The industrial space is seeing some weakness on Thursday owing to tough sessions out of constituents Union Pacific (UNP 132.74, -3.31, -2.4%) and Illinois Tool (ITW 144.26, -7.34, -4.8%) -- both of which underperform despite beating earnings expectations this morning.
Dow: +266.03… | Nasdaq: +123.97… | S&P: +31.08…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1413/944. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1951/936.

01:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are little changed since our last update, still near session highs on gains of better than 1.0% across the board.

After consumer products company Spectrum Brands (SPB 74.00, -20.23) reported worse than expected second quarter earnings, sales, and gross margins shares have retreated to four-year lows, down about 21.5% today. Adding to the negative sentiment in the name today, management lowered FY18 EBITDA guidance and the incoming CEO David Maura labeled the quarter as "very disappointing."

The stock is getting crushed on a session when the broader market and the consumer staples sector (xxx) are decently in the green. Consumer staple names which trade higher today include Coca-Cola (KO 42.97, +0.54, +1.3%), PepsiCo (PEP 103.39, +2.24, +2.2%), Wal-Mart (WMT 88.04, +0.87, +1.0%), Costco (COST 196.18, +2.21, +1.1%), and Monster Beverage (MNST 55.42, +1.01, +1.9%). For its part, the Consumer Staples SPDR (XLP 50.49, +0.29) trades in positive territory today, showing gains of 0.6%.
Dow: +262.39… | Nasdaq: +120.82… | S&P: +28.50…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1485/925. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1899/980.

01:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue to charge higher with stocks currently near their best levels of the day amid a wave of strong earnings reports.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Visa (V 126.92, +5.71), Home Depot (HD 184.31, +6.92), & Microsoft (MSFT 94.74, +2.43) are outperforming. Visa is leading the Dow after strong first quarter results, and an improved FY18 outlook, while Microsoft is benefiting from impressive tech earnings, including those from Facebook (FB 176.00, +16.31) & AMD (AMD 10.83, +1.12).

Conversely, Walt Disney (DIS 99.90, -1.25) is the worst-performing Dow component as media stocks lag following quarterly results from Time Warner (TWX 93.63, -2.65).

With today's rally, the DJIA has edged back into positive territory for the month.

Elsewhere, at the top of the hour, the Treasury's $29 bln 7-year note auction drew a high yield of 2.952% on a bid-to-cover of 2.56.
Dow: +275.81… | Nasdaq: +117.01… | S&P: +29.49…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1433/1017. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1850/1020.

12:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] It's been a positive day on Wall Street thus far, with the major averages reclaiming a good chunk of their losses for the week. The S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average are up 0.8% apiece, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite shows relative strength, rallying 1.4%. For the week, the three indices are down between 0.4% and 0.9%.

Facebook (FB 174.58, +14.89) has helped drive the Nasdaq's outperformance after reporting a blowout first quarter, easily topping earnings and revenue estimates and also reporting double-digit growth in daily active users (DAUs). FB shares are currently up 9.4%, hitting their best level in six weeks.

Similarly, shares of Visa (V 127.45, +6.23) and Advanced Micro (AMD 10.83, +1.12) are up 5.1% and 11.6%, respectively, after the companies reported above-consensus earnings and revenues for the first quarter and issued upbeat guidance. The S&P's technology sector, which houses Facebook, Visa, and AMD, is hovering at the top of today's sector standings with a gain of 2.3%. The group has a comfortable lead on the next-best performing sector -- real estate -- which is up 1.4%.

At the opposite end of the sector standings, the telecom services group is down 3.8% following a disappointing earnings report from AT&T (T 32.74, -2.45). The company's shares are down 7.0% after its first quarter report showed lower-than-expected earnings and revenues.

The industrial sector (-0.6%) is also in the red, with Union Pacific (UNP 132.39, -3.67), Raytheon (RTN 209.50, -4.19), American Airlines (AAL 42.64, -2.61), and Southwest Air (LUV 52.93, -0.90) showing particular weakness; shares of the four names are down between 1.6% and 5.6% apiece. Union Pacific and Raytheon are lower despite reporting above-consensus Q1 earnings, while American Airlines and Southwest Air are down after issuing disappointing guidance.

Maybe the most notable post-earnings mover has been Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG 418.37, +78.97); shares of the burrito chain have surged 23.5%, hitting their highest level in nearly a year, after the company reported an impressive first quarter, handily beating earnings estimates on above-consensus growth in same-store sales.

Overseas, the European Central Bank released its latest policy directive this morning, which, as expected, left interest rates unchanged and confirmed that net asset purchases will remain at the current monthly pace of EUR30 billion until the end of September 2018, or beyond, if necessary. The euro is down 0.3% against the U.S. dollar at 1.2121 -- its lowest level since early January -- following the release and a dovish-sounding press conference from ECB President Mario Draghi.

In the U.S. bond market, Treasuries are higher today, pushing yields lower across the curve. The benchmark 10-yr yield has returned to the 3.0% mark after settling Wednesday at 3.02%, which marked its highest close in more than four years. Meanwhile, the 2-yr yield is down one basis point at 2.48%.

Reviewing today's economic data, which included Durable Goods Orders for March, weekly Initial Claims, Advance International Trade in Goods for March, and Advance Wholesale Inventories for March:

March durable goods orders climbed 2.6%, which is more than the 1.9% increase expected by the Briefing.com consensus. The prior month's reading was revised to +3.5% (from +3.1%). Excluding transportation, durable orders were flat (Briefing.com consensus +0.6%) to follow the prior month's revised increase of 0.9% (from +1.2%).
The key takeaway from the report was that business spending was soft, evidenced by a 0.1% decline in orders of nondefense capital goods excluding aircraft. Shipments of those goods, which factor into GDP forecasts, were down 0.7% after increasing 1.0% in February.
The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 209,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 225,000. Today's tally was below the revised prior week count of 233,000 (from 232,000). As for continuing claims, they declined to 1.837 million from a revised count of 1.866 million (from 1.863 million).
The key takeaway from the initial claims report is that it will feed concerns about a tightening in labor supply and a potential pickup in wage-based inflation pressure as a result of it.
The Advance report for International Trade in Goods for March showed a deficit of $68.0 billion.
The Advance report for Wholesale Inventories for March showed an increase of 0.5%.

Dow: +194.89… | Nasdaq: +102.05… | S&P: +22.25…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1467/1040. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1802/1047.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] U.S. equities have rebounded a bit in recent trading, returning to their session highs. The S&P 500 is now up 0.9%.

In Europe, the major bourses finished Thursday's session in positive territory, adding between 0.6% and 0.7%. The European Central Bank released its latest policy directive this morning, which, as expected, left interest rates unchanged and confirmed that net asset purchases will remain at the current monthly pace of EUR30 billion until the end of September 2018, or beyond, if necessary.

The euro is down 0.4% against the U.S. dollar at 1.2114 following the release and a dovish-sounding press conference from ECB President Mario Draghi. The U.S. Dollar Index, which measures the greenback against a basket of foreign currencies, is up 0.3% at 91.29 -- its highest level since mid-January.
Dow: +203.55… | Nasdaq: +104.75… | S&P: +22.74…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1528/1002. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1869/993.

12:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are a step below their session highs, but still hold solid gains. The S&P 500 is up 0.7%.

Union Pacific (UNP 131.23, -4.82), Raytheon (RTN 208.44, -5.29), American Airlines (AAL 42.45, -2.80), and Southwest Air (LUV 52.22, -1.60) have weighed on the industrial sector (-1.2%) today, losing between 2.4% and 6.2% apiece. Union Pacific and Raytheon are down despite reporting above-consensus Q1 earnings, while American Airlines and Southwest Air are down after issuing disappointing guidance.

On a positive note, industrial giant UPS (UPS 111.54, +2.88) is up 2.7% after the company reported upbeat Q1 results this morning.
Dow: +152.14… | Nasdaq: +86.97… | S&P: +17.14…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1436/1133. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1759/1104.

11:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue to drift near session highs, with the S&P 500 up 0.7%.

The top-weighted technology sector is the top-performing group in today's session, sporting a gain of 2.1%. Social media giant Facebook (FB 173.92, +14.22) is leading the tech rally after the company easily topped earnings and revenue estimates for the first quarter, reporting that daily active users (DAUs) grew 13% year over year. FB shares are currently up 8.9%, which places them above their 50-day moving average (170.70) for the first time since late March.

Tech component Visa (V 126.57, +5.44) is also rallying following an upbeat earnings report, which the company paired with better-than-expected guidance for fiscal year 2018. Shares of Visa are up 4.4%, making the Visa the best-performing Dow component in today's session.
Dow: +184.47… | Nasdaq: +99.04… | S&P: +19.54…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1541/1077. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1826/997.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks are at session highs, with the major averages sporting gains between 0.9% and 1.5%.

Eight sectors are trading in the green, including consumer discretionary (+1.2%), energy (+0.9%), materials (+0.5%), technology (+2.0%), health care (+0.6%), consumer staples (+0.4%), utilities (+0.4%), and real estate (+1.1%), while three are trading in the red -- financials (-0.1%), industrials (-0.3%), and telecoms (-3.2%).

Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG 415.51, +75.99) has been the biggest post-earnings winner thus far, with its shares surging 22.0% following the company's blowout first quarter. The burrito chain reported better-than-expected earnings on above-consensus growth in same-store sales.
Dow: +230.28… | Nasdaq: +103.95… | S&P: +22.84…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1715/938. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1931/846.

10:35AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities are beginning the day slightly higher
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently +0.05% at 89.30
Dollar index is currently +0.3% at 91.30
Looking at energy...
June WTI crude oil futures are now +$0.11 at $68.16/barrel
In other energy, May natural gas rallies higher following the EIA storage data and is now +$0.02 at $2.83/MMBtud
Moving on to metals...
June gold is currently -$3.80 at $1319.00/oz, while May silver is -$0.08 at $16.43/oz
May copper is now -$0.01 at $3.12/lb

Dow: +158.41… | Nasdaq: +97.30… | S&P: +18.99…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1704/853. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1871/887.

09:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are still higher, with the tech-heavy Nasdaq (+0.8%) showing relative strength.

The industrial sector is lagging today, down 0.9%. Within the group, shares of Union Pacific (UNP 128.99, -7.07) are down 5.4% despite an above-consensus Q1 report, which showed upbeat earnings and revenues. Shares of Raytheon (RTN 207.67, -6.07) are also weak, down 2.7%, after better-than-expected first quarter results; the company beat earnings estimates and raised its guidance for FY18.

Meanwhile, in the bond market, yields are still lower this morning, with the benchmark 10-yr yield continuing to stay below the 3.0% mark; the 10-yr yield is currently hovering three basis points below its Wednesday close at 2.99%.
Dow: +85.96… | Nasdaq: +60.24… | S&P: +11.15…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1530/1191. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1559/1095.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The tech-heavy Nasdaq is up 0.9% in the opening minutes, while the S&P 500 and the Dow hold more modest gains of 0.4% and 0.3%, respectively.

Shares of Facebook (FB 173.05, +13.26) are soaring this morning, up 8.3%, after the company easily topped earnings estimates for the first quarter. The positive performance has helped push the top-weighted technology sector to the top of today's sector standings; the tech group is higher by 1.5%. The second-best performing group is consumer discretionary, which is up 0.7%.

On the downside, the telecom services sector is at the bottom of the sector standings with a loss of 3.1%. AT&T (T 33.41, -1.80) is leading the telecom retreat after missing earnings and revenue estimates for the first quarter; T shares are currently down 5.2%.
Dow: +67.52… | Nasdaq: +61.93… | S&P: +9.89…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1473/1223. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1580/1019.

09:10AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +14.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +93.00.

The stock market looks set for a higher open, as the S&P 500 futures are trading 14 points, or 0.5%, above fair value.

It's been a busy morning on the earnings front. Some of the biggest movers to the upside in pre-market trading are Facebook (FB 171.78, +12.09, +7.6%), Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG 387.83, +48.31, +14.2%), Advanced Micro (AMD 10.75, +1.04, +10.7%), and O'Reilly Auto (ORLY 255.78, +28.11, +12.4%). On the downside, AT&T (T 33.62, -1.58, -4.4%) and eBay (EBAY 38.85, -2.12, -5.2%) are among names to note.

A downtick in Treasury yields, which have rallied to fresh multi-year highs this week, has helped fuel the bullish bias on Wall Street this morning. The benchmark 10-yr yield has fallen back below the 3.0% mark, dropping three basis points from its Wednesday close to 2.99%, while the 2-yr yield is down one basis point at 2.48%.

Overseas, the European Central Bank released its latest policy directive earlier this morning, deciding to leave interest rates unchanged, as widely expected, and confirming that net asset purchases will remain at the current monthly pace of EUR30 billion until the end of September 2018, or beyond, if necessary. The major bourses in Europe haven't had much of a reaction, keeping a tick above their flat lines, while the euro currently trades up 0.3% against the U.S. dollar at 1.2201.

Back in the U.S., investors received a handful of economic reports earlier this morning, including Durable Goods Orders for March, weekly Initial Claims, Advance International Trade in Goods for March, and Advance Wholesale Inventories for March:

Separately, the latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 209,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 225,000. Today's tally was below the revised prior week count of 233,000 (from 232,000). As for continuing claims, they declined to 1.837 million from a revised count of 1.866 million (from 1.863 million).

There are no other economic releases scheduled for today. Amazon (AMZN 1492.50, +32.33, +2.2%), Microsoft (MSFT 94.00, +1.69, +1.8%), Intel (INTC 52.59, +1.21, +2.4%), and Starbucks (SBUX 58.00, +0.29, +0.5%) will report earnings following the closing bell.

08:50AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +13.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +85.30.

The S&P 500 futures are currently trading 13 points, or 0.5%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Thursday on a mixed note with markets in China and Hong Kong showing relative weakness. Samsung climbed 3.5% in South Korea after beating first quarter earnings estimates. Reports from Japan noted that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has no plans to call a snap election. South Korean press reported that a phased removal of weapons from the demilitarized zone will be discussed when North Korea's Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un meets with South Korea's President Moon Jae-in tomorrow.

In economic data:
Weekly foreign investment in Japanese stocks JPY480.40 billion (last JPY305.70 billion)
South Korea's preliminary Q1 GDP +1.1% quarter-over-quarter (expected 1.0%; last -0.2%); +2.8% year-over-year (expected 2.9%; last 2.8%)
Australia's Q1 Import Price Index +2.1% quarter-over-quarter (expected 1.3%; last 2.0%) and Q1 Export Price Index +4.9% quarter-over-quarter (expected 4.1%; last 2.8%)
Singapore's March Industrial Production +0.3% month-over-month (expected 0.5%; last -2.6%); +5.9% year-over-year (expected 5.4%; last 6.7%)
Hong Kong's March trade deficit HKD55.50 billion (last deficit of HKD42.70 billion). March Imports +10.7% month-over-month (last -3.2%) and March Exports +8.0% month-over-month (last 1.7%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei gained 0.5%. Tokyo Electron spiked 8.4% while Kawasaki Heavy Industries, SUMCO, Dainippon Screen Manufacturing, Advantest, Alps Electric, Nippon Express, TDK, Sapporo Holdings, and Subaru rose between 1.3% and 4.8%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng lost 1.1% amid broad weakness. Apple supplier Sunny Optical Technologies lost 7.0% amid reports that U.S. authorities are investigating another one of Sunny's customers-Huawei-over possible violations of Iran sanctions. AAC Technologies fell 3.5% while financials like Ping An Insurance, AIA Group, China Life Insurance, Bank of East Asia, and ICBC surrendered between 0.6% and 4.1%.
China's Shanghai Composite ended lower by 1.4%. Jinyu Bio-Technology, Sanan Optoelectronics, Shengyi Technology, Jiangsu Zhongtian Technology, and Pengdi Technology Development fell between 7.5% and 10.7%.
India's Sensex rose 0.6% to its highest level since early January. Yes Bank jumped 8.3% ahead of its quarterly report, which was better than expected. Kotak Mahindra Bank, IndusInd Bank, and HDFC Bank added between 0.7% and 1.4%. Tech consultants Tata Consultancy and Infosys gained 2.1% and 1.3%, respectively, while Wipro lost 2.0%.

Major European indices trade in the green as ECB President Mario Draghi conducts his post-decision press conference. The European Central Bank released its latest policy directive earlier this morning, deciding to leave interest rates unchanged, as widely expected, and confirming that net asset purchases will remain at the current monthly pace of EUR30 billion until the end of September 2018, or beyond, if necessary. Separately, British Prime Minister Theresa May reportedly met with Brexit-backing Conservatives who are demanding a clean break from the EU on Tuesday. The meeting was aimed at reassuring party members that the Prime Minister is not softening her stance. German Chancellor Angela Merkel will visit Washington, D.C. tomorrow.

In economic data:
Germany's May GfK Consumer Climate 10.8 (expected 10.9; last 10.9)
UK's April CBI Distributive Trades Survey -2 (expected -3; last -8) and Gross Mortgage Approvals 37,600 (expected 37,100; last 38,000)
Spain's Q1 Unemployment Rate 16.74% (expected 16.30%; last 16.55%)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE is higher by 0.1%. Imperial Brands is up 2.8% while other consumer names like Associated British Foods, British American Tobacco, Compass, Diageo, InterContinental Hotels, Next, and Marks & Spencer have gained between 0.8% and 1.7%. On the downside, homebuilders Taylor Wimpey and Persimmon show respective losses of 1.7% and 0.8%.
Germany's DAX has added 0.2%. Volkswagen leads with a gain of 2.4% after reporting earnings. BMW is up 1.0% while Continental, Merck, and SAP are all up near 0.8%. Deutsche Bank is down 2.0% after delivering yet another disappointing quarterly report.
France's CAC is up 0.6%. Carrefour leads with a gain of 3.1% while Bouygues, Danone, Michelin, Peugeot, and Cap Gemini hold gains between 0.4% and 1.3%.

08:35AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +14.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +84.50.

The S&P 500 futures are currently trading 14 points, or 0.5%, above fair value.

Just in, March durable goods orders climbed 2.6%, which is more than the 1.9% increase expected by the Briefing.com consensus. The prior month's reading was revised to +3.5% (from +3.1%). Excluding transportation, durable orders were flat (Briefing.com consensus +0.6%) to follow the prior month's revised increase of 0.9% (from +1.2%).

Separately, the latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 209,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 225,000. Today's tally was below the revised prior week count of 233,000 (from 232,000). As for continuing claims, they declined to 1.837 million from a revised count of 1.866 million (from 1.863 million).

08:00AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +13.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +77.50.

Stock futures are pointing towards a higher start this morning, as investors chew on the latest batch of Q1 earnings, which has largely come in better than expected. The S&P 500 futures are currently trading 13 points, or 0.5%, above fair value.

It's been a down week for the equity market overall, but the bulls did re-enter the mix on Wednesday to keep losses in check. The three major averages are currently down between 1.2% and 2.0% week to date, with the industrials (-2.6% WTD), materials (-2.5% WTD), and technology (-2.5% WTD) groups being the weakest S&P sectors.

A downtick in Treasury yields, which have rallied to fresh multi-year highs this week, has helped fuel the bullish bias on Wall Street this morning. The benchmark 10-yr yield has fallen back below the 3.0% mark, dropping three basis points from its Wednesday close to 2.99%, while the 2-yr yield is down two basis points at 2.47%.

Overseas, the European Central Bank's latest policy decision crossed the wires minutes ago; the ECB decided to leave interest rates unchanged, as widely expected, and confirmed that net asset purchases will remain at the current monthly pace of EUR30 billion until the end of September 2018, or beyond, if necessary. ECB President Mario Draghi will begin his post-decision press conference at 8:30 AM ET.

Investors will receive several economic reports this morning, including Durable Goods Orders for March (Briefing.com consensus +1.9%), weekly Initial Claims (Briefing.com consensus 225K), Advance International Trade in Goods for March, and Advance Wholesale Inventories for March. All of those reports will be released at 8:30 AM ET.

In U.S. corporate news:

Facebook (FB 170.94, +11.25): +7.0% after blowing out Q1 earnings and revenue estimates and reporting double-digit growth in daily active users (DAUs).
AT&T (T 33.75, -1.45): -4.1% after missing earnings and revenue estimates for the first quarter.
Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG 375.75, +36.23): +10.7% after soundly beating Q1 earnings estimates on better-than-expected growth in same-store sales.
O'Reilly Auto (ORLY 252.51, +24.84): +10.9% after reporting above-consensus earnings.
Advanced Micro (AMD 10.60, +0.89): +9.2% after beating both top and bottom line estimates for Q1 and raising its sales guidance for Q2.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Thursday on a mixed note with markets in China and Hong Kong showing relative weakness. Japan's Nikkei +0.5%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng -1.1%, China's Shanghai Composite -1.4%, India's Sensex +0.6%.
In economic data:
Weekly foreign investment in Japanese stocks JPY480.40 billion (last JPY305.70 billion)
South Korea's preliminary Q1 GDP +1.1% quarter-over-quarter (expected 1.0%; last -0.2%); +2.8% year-over-year (expected 2.9%; last 2.8%)
Australia's Q1 Import Price Index +2.1% quarter-over-quarter (expected 1.3%; last 2.0%) and Q1 Export Price Index +4.9% quarter-over-quarter (expected 4.1%; last 2.8%)
Singapore's March Industrial Production +0.3% month-over-month (expected 0.5%; last -2.6%); +5.9% year-over-year (expected 5.4%; last 6.7%)
Hong Kong's March trade deficit HKD55.50 billion (last deficit of HKD42.70 billion). March Imports +10.7% month-over-month (last -3.2%) and March Exports +8.0% month-over-month (last 1.7%)
In news:
Samsung climbed 3.5% in South Korea after beating first quarter earnings estimates.
Reports from Japan noted that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has no plans to call a snap election.
South Korean press reported that a phased removal of weapons from the demilitarized zone will be discussed when North Korea's Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un meets with South Korea's President Moon Jae-in tomorrow.

Major European indices are a tick higher after the European Central Bank decided to leave interest rates unchanged, as widely expected, and confirmed that net asset purchases will remain at the current monthly pace of EUR30 billion until the end of September 2018, or beyond, if necessary. UK's FTSE +0.1%, Germany's DAX +0.1%, France's CAC +0.5%.
In economic data:
Germany's May GfK Consumer Climate 10.8 (expected 10.9; last 10.9)
UK's April CBI Distributive Trades Survey -2 (expected -3; last -8) and Gross Mortgage Approvals 37,600 (expected 37,100; last 38,000)
Spain's Q1 Unemployment Rate 16.74% (expected 16.30%; last 16.55%)
In news:
British Prime Minister Theresa May reportedly met with Brexit-backing Conservatives who are demanding a clean break from the EU on Tuesday. The meeting was aimed at reassuring party members that the Prime Minister is not softening her stance.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel will visit Washington, D.C. tomorrow.

07:26AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +11.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +74.30.

05:52AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +9.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +71.00.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...22320...+104.30...+0.50%. Hang Seng...30008...-320.50...-1.10%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7389.60...+10.30...+0.10%. DAX...12437.85...+15.60...+0.10%.

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks battled back following a rough start to Wednesday's session, keeping weekly losses in check. The Dow Jones Industrial Average finished higher by 0.3%, ending a five-session skid, and the S&P 500 advanced 0.2%, but the Nasdaq Composite lost 0.1%, extend its losing streak to five sessions.

Initially, it looked as if Wednesday's session might be a continuation of Tuesday's sell off, as stock dropped sharply from their flat lines in the opening minutes. The market quickly found its footing, however, and started trending higher, eventually hitting positive territory in the afternoon. At lowest mark of the day, the S&P 500 was down 0.8% and, at its best, was up 0.4%.

A continued rise in Treasury yields didn't make things easy for the equity market. The benchmark 10-yr yield finally crossed the 3.0% mark after flirting with it over the last few sessions, finishing four basis points above its Tuesday close at 3.02% -- its highest close in more than four years. Meanwhile, the 2-yr yield climbed three basis points to 2.49% -- its highest close in nearly a decade.

Shares of Dow component Boeing (BA 342.86, +13.80) rallied 4.2% on Wednesday after the aerospace giant made a splash on the earnings front, easily beating top and bottom line estimates for the first quarter. Similarly, shares of chipmaker Texas Instruments (TXN 103.00, +4.58), health insurer Anthem (ANTM 238.84, +13.84), and railroad giant Norfolk Southern (NSC 145.96, +10.99) added between 4.7% and 8.1% on better-than-expected Q1 results.

However, on the downside, Twitter (TWTR 29.75, -0.72) shares dropped 2.4% even though the company beat earnings and revenue estimates for the first quarter, and shares of Capital One (COF 92.76, -4.66) tumbled 4.8% after the company's worse-than-expected Q1 revenues overshadowed its better-than-expected bottom line.

Most of the 11 S&P 500 sectors finished Wednesday in positive territory, but gains were pretty limited; the energy and telecom services sectors added 0.8% apiece, but no other group advanced more than 0.5%. Three sectors finished in negative territory, including the top-weighted financials and information technology groups, which lost 0.1% apiece.

Wednesday's economic data was limited to the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index, which showed a downtick of 0.2%. Tomorrow investors will receive Durable Goods Orders for March (Briefing.com consensus +1.9%), weekly Initial Claims (Briefing.com consensus 225K), Advance International Trade in Goods for March, and Advance Wholesale Inventories for March.

Nasdaq Composite: +1.5% YTD
Russell 2000: +1.0% YTD
S&P 500: -1.3% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: -2.6% YTD

Dow: +59.70… | Nasdaq: -3.61… | S&P: +4.84…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1179/1616. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1265/1658.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Emmett Moore via TheStrategyLab.com Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image The Strategy Lab: Valforex - The Manipulative Review Scam @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3676

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com