TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April 24th Tuesday Price Action Trade Result Profit $6462.50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users Reviews, Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
042418-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+6462.50.png
042418-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+6462.50.png [ 74.52 KiB | Viewed 300 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $6462.50 dollars or +129.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $6462.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=2805

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades and price action analysis are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...review of TheStrategyLab is that this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=3706 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
042418-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png
042418-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png [ 2.09 MiB | Viewed 335 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets discussed by members of TheStrategyLab chat room or private thread discussions

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: -424.56… | Nasdaq: -121.25… | S&P: -35.73…
NASDAQ Vol: 2.14 bln… Adv: 1042… Dec: 1783…
NYSE Vol: 861.0 mln… Adv: 1051… Dec: 1869…

Moving the Market

Caterpillar (CAT) says its Q1 margins will be the high water mark for the year

Treasury yields remain at multi-year highs; 10-yr yield touches 3.0% mark

Growth-sensitive groups like industrials, materials, and technology lead broad retreat

Sector Watch
Strong: Utilities, Telecom Services, Real Estate
Weak: Industrials, Materials, Technology

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities tumbled on Tuesday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average notching its fifth straight loss, as the benchmark 10-yr Treasury yield continued its climb towards 3.0% and as investors digested the latest batch of first quarter earnings. The Dow ended lower by 1.7%, while the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq declined 1.3% and 1.7%, respectively.

The industrials (-2.8%), materials (-2.7%), and technology (-2.0%) sectors led Tuesday's broad-based retreat. Within the industrial space, 3M (MMM 201.13, -14.78), Caterpillar (CAT 144.44, -9.55), and Lockheed Martin (LMT 336.49, -22.11) lost between 6.2% and 6.8% after reporting their first quarter results -- which, headline-wise, came in better than expected. Caterpillar initially shot higher following the release of its report, but reversed after saying in its post-earnings conference call that margins in the first quarter will be the high water mark for the year.

Industrial giant United Technologies (UTX 122.10, -1.36) also moved lower despite an earnings beat, losing 1.1%.

That trend held within the technology sector, where giant Alphabet (GOOG 1019.98, -47.47) dropped 4.5% despite a blowout quarter; the purported bearish catalyst was the company's weaker-than-expected operating margin. Fellow FAANG stocks Facebook (FB 159.69, -6.15) and Netflix (NFLX 307.02, -11.67) also took a hit, losing around 3.7% apiece, and chipmakers struggled, evidenced by the 2.1% decline in the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index -- which closed right at its 200-day moving average.

The materials space, meanwhile, was led lower by mining company Freeport-McMoRan (FCX 16.08, -2.73), which dropped 14.5% after missing both earnings and revenue estimates for the first quarter. The other declining sectors finished with losses between 0.6% and 1.6%, and three groups -- utilities (+0.7%), telecom services (+1.2%), and real estate (+0.2%) actually finished in the green.

Other earnings-related movers included Verizon (VZ 49.67, +1.01), Coca-Cola (KO 43.07, -0.91), Eli Lilly (LLY 80.09, -0.11), Biogen (BIIB 262.15, +2.85), Travelers (TRV 132.88, -4.35), and Harley-Davidson (HOG 42.01, +1.00) -- most of which reported better-than-expected results. However, only Verizon, Biogen, and Harley-Davidson moved higher, adding between 1.1% and 2.4%. Eli Lilly slipped 0.1%, while Coca-Cola and Travelers lost 2.1% and 3.2%, respectively.

The major averages actually opened Tuesday's session in positive territory, hovering about 0.3% above their respective flat lines, but just couldn't foster any added buying momentum -- which, in and of itself, proved to be a bearish catalyst. A late rally helped trim losses a bit before the close; at its session low, the S&P 500 was down 2.0%.

In the bond market, the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note continued its climb towards the psychologically important 3.0% mark, actually touching it in intraday trade before finishing at 2.98% -- one basis point higher than Monday's close. The 2-yr yield, meanwhile, took a step back after closing Monday at a seven-year high, slipping one basis point to 2.46%.

Reviewing Tuesday's economic data, which included New Home Sales for March, the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for April, the FHFA Housing Price Index for February, and the S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index for February:

New Home Sales in March hit an annualized rate of 694,000, which is above the Briefing.com consensus of 631,000. The February reading was revised to 667,000 (from 618,000).
The key takeaway from the report is that new home sales activity was the strongest in the South and West regions, which are the nation's biggest markets, suggesting there is good underlying demand.
The consumer confidence reading for April increased to 128.7 (Briefing.com consensus 126.1) from the prior month's revised reading of 127.0 (from 127.7).
The key takeaway from the report is that the percent of consumers expecting their income to decline over the coming months reached its lowest level (6%) since December 2000. That view could be a good portent for a pickup in consumer spending since income expectations are typically driven by feelings of job security.
The FHFA Housing Price Index rose 0.6% in February (Briefing.com consensus +0.5%), while the January increase was revised to 0.9% from 0.8%.
The Case-Shiller 20-city Index increased 6.8% in February (Briefing.com consensus +6.4%), while the January increase was left unrevised at 6.4%.

Wednesday's data will be limited to the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index, which will be released at 7:00 AM ET.

Nasdaq Composite: +1.5% YTD
Russell 2000: +1.2% YTD
S&P 500: -1.5% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: -2.8% YTD

Dow: -424.56… | Nasdaq: -121.25… | S&P: -35.73…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1042/1783. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1051/1869.

03:45PM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities reverse and give up gains, finishing the day in the red
The Bloomberg Commodity Index is closing out the day 0.1% lower
Among energy, May WTI crude oil futures settled $1.03 lower (1.5%) at $68.76/barrel. May natural gas futures settled $0.04 higher at $2.78/MMBtu
Looking at precious metals, June gold futures rose $8.70 to $1332.90/oz while May silver futures rose $0.03 to $16.71/oz
May copper futures settled $0.03 higher at $3.14/lb.

Dow: -543.81… | Nasdaq: -155.74… | S&P: -49.19…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 925/1913. …NYSE Adv/Dec 873/2073.

02:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are down big moving into the final stretch, showing losses between 1.7% and 2.2% apiece. The S&P 500 is about 16 points above its 200-day moving average, which has provided the index with support on several occasions since the sharp sell off in early February.

Despite big losses from most sectors, two groups are actually trading in the green -- utilities (+0.4%) and telecom services (+0.5%). The industrials (-3.1%), materials (-3.3%), and technology (-2.2%) sectors are the weakest groups, while no other space is down more than 1.7%.

On the earnings front, Capital One (COF 97.07, -0.43), Texas Instruments (TXN 97.79, -0.24), Amgen (AMGN 170.84, -3.82), Chubb (CB 135.52, -2.74), and Wynn Resorts (WYNN 188.73, -4.51) will report their quarterly results following today's closing bell.
Dow: -514.73… | Nasdaq: -136.05… | S&P: -43.51…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 700/1397. …NYSE Adv/Dec 860/2062.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are still solidly lower, little changed since our last update.

Shares of motorcycle manufacturer Harley-Davidson (HOG 41.77, +0.76) hold near the middle of today's range following the company's Q1 earnings and revenue beat. In the midst of consolidating its Kansas City and York, Penn. plants last quarter, Harley began an extensive three-month selloff which would see the stock move from about $52 per share in late-January to sub-$41 per share just last week. Investors have been weary of shrinking sales and increased costs amid a tough motorcycle market in the U.S. Harley's Q1 from this morning seems to be a step in the right direction, however, as shares pare earlier 5.1% gains yet still sit about 2% higher in the face of a weaker broader market.

The overall consumer discretionary sector (-1.8%) is seeing some tough sessions out of bellwethers Amazon (AMZN 1,457.20, -60.66, -4.0%), Home Depot (HD 175.92, -1.74, -1.0%), Comcast (CMCSA 33.49, -0.38, -1.1%), Disney (DIS 99.46, -0.69, -0.7%), and McDonald's (MCD 157.35, -1.64, -1.0%) -- keeping the sector about middle of the ladder as far as S&P 500 sectors today.
Dow: -538.70… | Nasdaq: -135.84… | S&P: -43.22…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 746/1483. …NYSE Adv/Dec 917/1990.

01:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Bears continue to squeeze their grip on the broader market into the latter half of action on Tuesday as the major averages again make new lows. The Dow Jones Industrial Average cleared a 500 point loss since our last update, now modestly off those levels yet still 2.0% lower. The Nasdaq Composite and the S&P 500, too, have accelerated their losses into the afternoon sporting declines of 1.9% and 1.4%, respectively.

On Tuesday, gold futures cracked their recent losing streak by settling up 0.7% at $1,333.00/oz. The precious metal saw increased buying in part as a result of the nearly 500 point decline in the Dow. Gold moved slightly higher on a day when the U.S. dollar is makes a modest retreat and yields continue to rise.

The U.S. Dollar Index is down about 0.2% at 90.75 with the yield on the benchmark 10-yr treasury bond up about one basis point at 2.98%.
Dow: -497.44… | Nasdaq: -134.89… | S&P: -36.32…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 738/1646. …NYSE Adv/Dec 874/2022.

01:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue to act heavily in afternoon trading with stocks continuing to set fresh session lows since the opening as investors fret over the 10-year Treasury yield topping 3% for the first time since 2014.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that 3M (MMM 197.05, -18.83), Caterpillar (CAT 144.24, -9.75), & Travelers (TRV 131.38, -5.85) are underperforming amid broad market weakness. 3M is the Dow's biggest laggard after the company lowered its FY18 outlook in connection with its first quarter results, while Caterpillar & Travelers are both selling off in the wake of their respective quarterly reports.

Conversely, Verizon (VZ 49.50, +0.84) is the best-performing Dow component after reporting solid first quarter results and reaffirming its full-year outlook.

Today's sharp selloff has eliminated April's DJIA gains, and the index is now down 0.47% for the month.
Dow: -448.23… | Nasdaq: -112.15… | S&P: -32.25…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 898/1548. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1063/1831.

12:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] It's been another choppy session on Wall Street as investors digest the latest batch of first quarter earnings and keep an eye on Treasury yields, which remain at multi-year highs. Recent selling has taken the major averages to new lows, with the S&P 500 showing a loss of 0.8%, the Dow down 1.2%, and the Nasdaq trading lower by 0.8%.

Small caps have held up relatively well, however, evidenced by the Russell 2000, which is currently trading flat.

The industrial sector (-2.5%) is the worst-performing group today, with heavyweights 3M (MMM 198.13, -17.75, -8.2%), Caterpillar (CAT 147.58, -6.38, -4.3%), and Lockheed Martin (LMT 337.30, -21.30, -5.9%) setting the pace after reporting their quarterly results this morning. All three companies beat bottom-line estimates, but their shares have tumbled today nonetheless.

Meanwhile, technology giant Alphabet (GOOG 1018.58, -48.78, -4.6%) is leading the technology sector (-1.7%) lower as investors voice their concern about the company's first quarter operating margin -- which has overshadowed the company's blowout earnings and revenues. Fellow FAANG stocks Facebook (FB 160.13, -5.73, -3.5%) and Netflix (NFLX 304.12, -14.56, -4.6%) are also solidly lower.

Other earnings-related movers include Verizon (VZ 49.66, +1.00, +2.1%), Coca-Cola (KO 43.14, -0.84, -1.9%), United Tech (UTX 122.70, -0.84, -0.7%), Eli Lilly (LLY 79.79, -0.41, -0.5%), Biogen (BIIB 263.04, +3.91, +1.5%), Travelers (TRV 132.60, -4.63, -3.4%), and Harley-Davidson (HOG 41.97, +0.96, +2.3%). Travelers reported below-consensus results, but the other names either met or exceeded expectations; still, most are trading in the red.

On a positive note, the heavily-weighted financial sector has held up relatively well today and is currently sporting a slim gain of 0.1%. The group has been underpinned by another rise in Treasury yields, with the benchmark 10-yr yield touching the 3.0% mark for the first time in over four years earlier in the session. The 10-yr yield is currently hovering one basis point above yesterday's close at 2.98%, while the 2-yr yield is also up one basis point, hovering at 2.48%.

In Washington, U.S. President Donald Trump is meeting with French President Emmanuel Macron. The two have been discussing a range of topics, including the Iran nuclear deal, which President Trump reiterated his displeasure for earlier today.

Reviewing today's economic data, which included New Home Sales for March, the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for April, the FHFA Housing Price Index for February, and the S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index for February:

New Home Sales in March hit an annualized rate of 694,000, which is above the Briefing.com consensus of 631,000. The February reading was revised to 667,000 (from 618,000).
The key takeaway from the report is that new home sales activity was the strongest in the South and West regions, which are the nation's biggest markets, suggesting there is good underlying demand.
The consumer confidence reading for April increased to 128.7 (Briefing.com consensus 126.1) from the prior month's revised reading of 127.0 (from 127.7).
The key takeaway from the report is that the percent of consumers expecting their income to decline over the coming months reached its lowest level (6%) since December 2000. That view could be a good portent for a pickup in consumer spending since income expectations are typically driven by feelings of job security.
The FHFA Housing Price Index rose 0.6% in February (Briefing.com consensus +0.5%), while the January increase was revised to 0.9% from 0.8%.
The Case-Shiller 20-city Index increased 6.8% in February (Briefing.com consensus +6.4%), while the January increase was left unrevised at 6.4%.

Dow: -281.86… | Nasdaq: -92.05… | S&P: -20.70…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1028/1507. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1244/1622.

12:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities have dropped sharply in recent action, taking the major averages to new session lows.

The S&P 500 is down 0.6%, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower by 1.0%, and the Nasdaq Composite shows a loss of 1.1%. The industrial sector (-2.4%) is leading the retreat, with giants like 3M (MMM 198.57, -17.38), Lockheed Martin (LMT 336.63, -21.97), and Caterpillar (CAT 146.22, -7.66) showing losses between 4.9% and 8.0%.

In Europe, the major bourses finished Tuesday mixed; Germany's DAX lost 0.2%, while France's CAC and the UK's FTSE added 0.1% and 0.4%, respectively.
Dow: -259.37… | Nasdaq: -88.60… | S&P: -17.72…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1124/1445. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1359/1513.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are modestly lower moving into the afternoon, showing losses between 0.1% and 0.4%.

Shares of industrial giant 3M (MMM 200.02, -15.89) have tumbled 7.3% today, hitting a nine-month low, after the company reported its first quarter results this morning. 3M beat earnings expectations on in-line revenues, but lowered its profit guidance for fiscal year 2018. The S&P's industrial sector is one of the wort-performing groups today with a loss of 0.9%.

In currencies, the U.S. Dollar Index, which measures the dollar against a basket of foreign currencies, is down 0.1% at 90.64, giving back a small portion of yesterday's 0.7% rally. The greenback is down 0.2% against the euro (1.2227), but up 0.4% against the yen (109.11).
Dow: -64.54… | Nasdaq: -34.84… | S&P: -3.34…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1501/1143. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1665/1167.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have rebounded since dropping to new lows; the S&P 500 is currently trading flat, but was down 0.3% minutes ago.

The top-weighted technology sector (-0.9%) is hovering near the bottom of the sector standings today, with heavyweight Alphabet (GOOG 1017.00, -50.45) -- the parent company of Google -- leading the retreat. Alphabet shares are down 4.9% after the company's blowout first quarter earnings were overshadowed by a disappointing operating margin. Fellow FAANG stocks Facebook (FB 160.83, -5.01) and Netflix (NFLX 305.45, -13.32) are also solidly lower, down 3.1% and 4.0%, respectively.

Meanwhile, the lightly-weighted materials space (-1.1%) is also struggling. Shares of mining company Freeport-McMoRan (FCX 16.90, -1.91) are down 10.0% after the company missed both earnings and revenue estimates for the first quarter.
Dow: -27.03… | Nasdaq: -50.90… | S&P: -3.64…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1411/1270. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1666/1149.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Trading has been choppy this morning, taking the major averages back and forth between positive and negative territory. The S&P 500 is currently up 0.2%, the Dow is flat, and the Nasdaq shows a loss of 0.1%. Small caps are outperforming, pushing the Russell 2000 higher by 0.4%.

Sectors are pretty evenly split between green and red, with five groups higher and six groups lower. The telecom services space (+1.5%) is the top performer following Verizon's (VZ 49.66, +1.02, +2.1%) earnings release, which showed better-than-expected revenues for the first quarter. The heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.8%) is also showing particular strength as Treasury yields rise across the curve.

The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is currently up two basis points at 2.99% and touched the psychologically important 3.0% mark for the first time in over four years earlier in the session. Meanwhile, the 2-yr yield is up three basis points at 2.50% -- its highest level since 2008.
Dow: -9.71… | Nasdaq: -9.06… | S&P: +3.30…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1673/1070. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1790/982.

10:35AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities are beginning the day higher
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently +0.2% at 89.4342
Dollar index is currently -0.1% at 90.64
Looking at energy...
June WTI crude oil futures are now +$0.56 at $69.20/barrel
Weekly API oil storage data out at 4:30pm ET today
In other energy, May natural gas is +$0.03 at $2.80/MMBtu
Moving on to metals...
June gold is currently +$7.30 at $1331.30/oz, while May silver is +$0.13 at $16.72/oz
May copper is now +$0.04 at $3.15/lb

Dow: -58.97… | Nasdaq: -28.89… | S&P: -3.16…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1462/1140. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1635/1104.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have trimmed their opening gains, with the S&P 500 now up by just 0.2%.

Just in, New Home Sales in March hit an annualized rate of 694,000, which is above the Briefing.com consensus of 631,000. The February reading was revised to 667,000 (from 618,000).

Separately, the consumer confidence reading for April increased to 128.7 (Briefing.com consensus 126.1) from the prior month's revised reading of 127.0 (from 127.7).
Dow: +56.23… | Nasdaq: +16.86… | S&P: +6.10…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1762/1010. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1772/890.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are up modestly, sporting gains of around 0.3% apiece.

Almost all S&P 500 sectors are in the green this morning, but gains have been limited; only one group -- telecom services (+1.3%) -- is up more than 0.5%. The consumer staples group (-0.2%) is the only sector trading in the red, with tobacco giant Philip Morris (PM 81.84, -1.82, -2.2%) pacing the retreat.

As a reminder, New Home Sales for March (Briefing.com consensus 631K) and the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for April (Briefing.com consensus 126.1) will be released at 10:00 AM ET.
Dow: +65.55… | Nasdaq: +23.71… | S&P: +7.64…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1737/974. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1910/695.

09:12AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +11.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +31.30.

The stock market is on course for a higher open, as the S&P 500 futures are trading 12 points, or 0.4%, above fair value.

On the earnings front, Verizon (VZ 50.21, +1.55, +3.2%), United Tech (UTX 126.05, +2.59, +2.1%), Caterpillar (CAT 159.20, +5.21, +3.4%), Lockheed Martin (LMT 363.15, +4.55, +1.3%), Coca-Cola (KO 44.25, +0.27, +0.6%), Eli Lilly (LLY 81.00, +0.80, +1.0%), and Harley-Davidson (HOG 43.25, +2.24, +5.5%) are all up in pre-market trading after reporting their quarterly results; conversely, Alphabet (GOOG 1065.00, -2.45, -0.2%), 3M (MMM 205.27, -10.61, -4.9%), Travelers (TRV 132.61, -4.62, -3.4%), and Biogen (BIIB 254.00, -5.30, -2.0%) are all down.

The results generally came in better than expected despite the mixed reaction.

On the data front, the Case-Shiller 20-city Index increased 6.8% in February (Briefing.com consensus +6.4%), while the January increase was left unrevised at 6.4%. Separately, the FHFA Housing Price Index rose 0.6% in February (Briefing.com consensus +0.5%), while the January increase was revised to 0.9% from 0.8%. Today's last economic reports -- New Home Sales for March (Briefing.com consensus 631K) and the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for April (Briefing.com consensus 126.1) -- will be released at 10:00 AM ET.

Elsewhere, Treasury yields are still in focus this morning after the 10-yr yield nearly touched the psychologically important 3.0% mark on Monday, eventually finishing at 2.97% -- its highest level in more than four years. The 10-yr yield is currently up two basis points at 2.99%, while the more Fed-sensitive 2-yr yield is also up two basis points at 2.49%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is flat at 90.72 after jumping to its highest level since mid-January on Monday.

The Dow and the Nasdaq enter today's session on a four and three session losing streak, respectively; the S&P 500 narrowly broke a two-session skid on Monday.

08:50AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +14.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +38.50.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 14 points, or 0.5%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a mostly higher note while markets in Southeast Asia underperformed once again. China's President Xi Jinping said that efforts will be made to boost domestic demand to support growth. The Chinese president made the remarks after 11 out of 17 provinces reported slowing growth rates. China Securities Journal noted that the People's Bank of China has room to cut the reserve requirement ratio. Separate press reports suggested that Chinese investors are struggling to finance offshore fixed income investments due to rising dollar funding costs.

In economic data:
Japan's Leading Index 106.0 (expected 105.8; last 105.9). BoJ Core CPI +0.7% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.8%). Corporate Services Price Index +0.5% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.7%)
Australia's Q1 CPI +0.4% quarter-over-quarter (expected 0.5%; last 0.6%); +1.9% year-over-year (expected 2.0%; last 1.9%). Q1 Trimmed Mean CPI +0.5% quarter-over-quarter, as expected (last 0.4%); +1.9% year-over-year (expected 1.8%; last 1.8%)
New Zealand's March External Migration & Visitors +13.0% year-over-year (last 11.4%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei gained 0.9%, approaching its February high. Yamaha, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Familymart, Okuma, Isuzu Motors, Komatsu, Hitachi Construction, Furukawa Electric, Nikon, Daikin Industries, Subaru, and Olympus advanced between 2.0% and 4.3%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng climbed 1.3%. Property names outperformed with Country Garden Holdings, China Overseas, China Construction Bank, Sino Land, and Hang Lung Properties rallied between 1.0% and 6.3%.
China's Shanghai Composite advanced 2.0%. Shanghai Jinjiang International Hotels Development, Shanghai Baosight Software, Tibet Tourism, China Railway Hi-tech Industry, and Neusoft climbed between 5.9% and 9.1%.
India's Sensex added 0.5%. Reliance Industries, Mahindra & Mahindra, Adani Ports, and Coal India rose between 0.8% and 3.7%. On the downside, tech consultants like Tata Consultancy, Infosys, and Wipro lost between 0.9% and 3.3%.

Major European indices hover near their flat lines. The House of Lords voted to keep the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights following Brexit. Meanwhile, EU Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier said the UK must present a clear plan for its future relationship with Europe in order to continue talks. The ECB bank lending survey noted that loan growth is being supported by easing credit standards and growing demand.

In economic data:
Germany's April Ifo Business Climate 102.1 (expected 102.8; last 103.3). April Business Expectations 98.7 (expected 99.5; last 100.0) and Current Assessment 105.7 (expected 106.0; last 106.6)
UK's April CBI Industrial Trends Orders 4, as expected (last 4). March Public Sector Net Borrowing -GBP260 million (expected GBP1.10 billion; last -GBP410 million)
Italy's April Consumer Confidence 117.1 (expected 116.9; last 117.5) and Business Confidence 107.7 (expected 108.7; last 108.9). Non-EU trade surplus EUR3.83 billion (last EUR1.99 billion)
France's April Business Survey 109 (expected 110; last 110)
Swiss March trade surplus CHF1.77 billion (expected CHF3.23 billion; last CHF3.08 billion)

---Equity Markets---

France's CAC is flat. Peugeot is down 1.7% despite reporting better than expected revenue. Peer Renault is down 1.1%. Michelin is down 0.1% after reporting in-line results while financials like AXA, Societe Generale, and BNP Paribas are down between 0.5% and 0.7%.
Germany's DAX is higher by 0.1%. Deutsche Bank has jumped 3.2% while SAP trades up 3.4% after reporting upbeat results. Utilities E.On and RWE are both up near 0.5%.
UK's FTSE trades up 0.4%. Shire has climbed 4.6% amid reports the company is nearing an agreement to be acquired by Takeda Pharmaceutical. Financials like Old Mutual, HSBC, 3i Group, and Admiral Group are up between 0.3% and 0.8%.

08:26AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +18.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +47.00.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 18 points, or 0.7%, above fair value.

Shares of Caterpillar (CAT 160.30, +6.31, +4.1%), Verizon (VZ 50.31, +1.65, +3.4%), United Technologies (UTX 126.46, +3.00, +2.4%), and Harley-Davidson (HOG 43.00, +1.99, +4.9%) are solidly higher in pre-market trading, while shares of 3M (MMM 208.00, -7.88, -3.7%), Travelers (TRV 134.00, -3.23, -2.4%), and Biogen (BIIB 253.00, -6.30, -2.4%) are solidly lower; all seven companies reported their quarterly results this morning.

Looking ahead, Capital One (COF 97.50, 0.00, 0.0%), Texas Instruments (TXN 99.20, +1.11, +1.1%), Amgen (AMGN 176.83, +2.17, +1.2%), Chubb (CB 138.29, 0.00, 0.0%), and Wynn Resorts (WYNN 195.09, +1.85, +1.0%) are all scheduled to report earnings following today's closing bell.

07:56AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +17.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +51.30.

The equity market looks set for a rebound attempt this morning after struggling through the last four sessions -- dating back to last Wednesday. The S&P 500 futures are currently trading 17 points, or 0.7%, above fair value, while the Nasdaq futures (+0.6%) and the Dow futures (+0.7%) hold similar gains.

Investors are still trying to sort through the latest pile of first quarter earnings, which includes results from Alphabet (GOOG), Verizon (VZ), United Tech (UTX), Caterpillar (CAT), Lockheed Martin (LMT), 3M (MMM), Coca-Cola (KO), Travelers (TRV), Eli Lilly (LLY), Biogen (BIIB), JetBlue (JBLU), Harley-Davidson (HOG), and many others. The results have generally come in better than expected -- although Travelers missed bottom-line estimates.

Treasury yields are still in focus this morning after the 10-yr yield nearly touched the psychologically important 3.0% mark on Monday, eventually finishing at 2.97% -- its highest level in more than four years. The 10-yr yield is currently flat, keeping near 2.97%, while the more Fed-sensitive 2-yr yield is up two basis points at 2.49%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is flat at 90.65 this morning after jumping to its highest level since mid-January on Monday.

As for economic data, there are four reports on today's calendar, the most notable of which -- New Home Sales for March (Briefing.com consensus 631K) -- will be released at 10:00 AM ET. The Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for April (Briefing.com consensus 126.1) will also be released at 10:00 AM ET, while the FHFA Housing Price Index for February (Briefing.com consensus +0.5%) and the S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index for February (Briefing.com consensus +6.4%) will both cross the wires at 9:00 AM ET.

In U.S. corporate news:

Alphabet (GOOG 1063.00, -4.45): -0.4%% despite blowing out first quarter profit estimates on higher-than-expected revenues.
Caterpillar (CAT 160.00, +6.01): +3.9% after soundly beating earnings and revenue estimates for Q1 and raising its guidance for FY18.
Verizon (VZ 50.05, +1.39): +3.0% after reporting above-consensus revenues for Q1 and reaffirming its guidance.
3M (MMM 209.00, -6.88): -3.2% after lowering its profit guidance for FY18.
United Tech (UTX 125.95, +2.49): +2.0% after beating earnings and revenues estimates for Q1 and raising its guidance for FY18.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a mostly higher note while markets in Southeast Asia underperformed once again. Japan's Nikkei +0.9%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +1.3%, China's Shanghai Composite +2.0%, India's Sensex +0.5%.
In economic data:
Japan's Leading Index 106.0 (expected 105.8; last 105.9). BoJ Core CPI +0.7% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.8%). Corporate Services Price Index +0.5% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.7%)
Australia's Q1 CPI +0.4% quarter-over-quarter (expected 0.5%; last 0.6%); +1.9% year-over-year (expected 2.0%; last 1.9%). Q1 Trimmed Mean CPI +0.5% quarter-over-quarter, as expected (last 0.4%); +1.9% year-over-year (expected 1.8%; last 1.8%)
New Zealand's March External Migration & Visitors +13.0% year-over-year (last 11.4%)
In news:
China's President Xi Jinping said that efforts will be made to boost domestic demand to support growth. The Chinese president made the remarks after 11 out of 17 provinces reported slowing growth rates. China Securities Journal noted that the People's Bank of China has room to cut the reserve requirement ratio.
Separate press reports suggested that Chinese investors are struggling to finance offshore fixed income investments due to rising dollar funding costs.

Major European indices hover near their flat lines. France's CAC -0.1%, Germany's DAX +0.3%, UK's FTSE +0.3%.
In economic data:
Germany's April Ifo Business Climate 102.1 (expected 102.8; last 103.3). April Business Expectations 98.7 (expected 99.5; last 100.0) and Current Assessment 105.7 (expected 106.0; last 106.6)
UK's April CBI Industrial Trends Orders 4, as expected (last 4). March Public Sector Net Borrowing -GBP260 million (expected GBP1.10 billion; last -GBP410 million)
Italy's April Consumer Confidence 117.1 (expected 116.9; last 117.5) and Business Confidence 107.7 (expected 108.7; last 108.9). Non-EU trade surplus EUR3.83 billion (last EUR1.99 billion)
France's April Business Survey 109 (expected 110; last 110)
Swiss March trade surplus CHF1.77 billion (expected CHF3.23 billion; last CHF3.08 billion)
In news:
The House of Lords voted to keep the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights following Brexit. Meanwhile, EU Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier said the UK must present a clear plan for its future relationship with Europe in order to continue talks.
The ECB bank lending survey noted that loan growth is being supported by easing credit standards and growing demand.

07:32AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +17.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +45.50.

05:51AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +13.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +49.30.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...22278...+190.10...+0.90%. Hang Seng...30636...+381.80...+1.30%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7421.18...+22.30...+0.30%. DAX...12618.69...+46.30...+0.40%.

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market wobbled on Monday as investors braced for a busy week of corporate earnings and kept a close eye on Treasury yields, which rose to multi-year highs. The Nasdaq Composite (-0.3%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.1%) each finished a step lower, notching their third and fourth straight losses, respectively, while the S&P 500 (unch) eked out a slim win, closing just a tick above its flat line. Volume was light once again on Monday, with just 730 million shares changing hands at the New York Stock Exchange (50-day moving average is 897 million).

Treasury yields were higher from the jump on Monday, with the yield on the benchmark 10-yr note nearly touching the psychologically important 3.0% mark in overnight trade -- getting as close as 2.998%. The 10-yr yield eventually settled two basis points above its Friday close at 2.97% -- which is its highest close in more than four years -- while the yield on the 2-yr note finished three basis points above its Friday close at 2.47% -- which is its highest close in more than seven years.

Stocks held up well considering the increased, "risk-free" return on U.S. Treasuries and considering the rise in the U.S. dollar -- which, by itself, doesn't bode well for foreign demand of U.S. goods. The U.S. Dollar Index rose 0.7% to 90.68 -- its highest close since mid-January. The greenback added 0.4% against the euro (1.2209) and 1.0% against the yen (108.72).

The S&P 500 sector standings were pretty evenly mixed between green and red, with six groups advancing and five declining. However, outside a 1.1% jump in the lightly-weighted telecom services sector, sector movement was modest, with no group adding/losing more than 0.6%. The energy sector (+0.6%) showed relative strength as WTI crude futures climbed 0.5% to $68.76 per barrel, while the top-weighted technology sector (-0.4%) was the weakest performer as chipmakers weighed; the PHLX Semiconductor Index dropped 1.3%.

In corporate news, Dow components Caterpillar (CAT 153.99, +0.74, +0.5%), Merck (MRK 60.25, +1.42, +2.4%), Exxon Mobil (XOM 79.57, +0.57, +0.7%), and Verizon (VZ 48.66, +0.76, +1.6%) all rose after receiving ratings upgrades, Kimberly-Clark (KMB 98.52, -1.51, -1.5%) slid after revealing that its first quarter margins were significantly impacted by commodity inflation, and Hasbro (HAS 86.12, +3.31, +4.0%) ended higher despite initially dropping as much as 4.6% after reporting worse-than-expected profits and sales for the first quarter.

Monday's economic data was limited to the Existing Home Sales report for March, which came in better-than-expected; existing home sales increased 1.1% month-over-month to an annualized rate of 5.60 million units (Briefing.com consensus 5.57 million). The key takeaway from the report remains the same: notable supply constraints continue to act as a drag on overall sales. The limited inventory -- and the high prices on available inventory -- is crimping affordability, particularly for first-time buyers; moreover, all prospective buyers are going to feel added affordability pressures from rising mortgage rates.

Looking ahead to Tuesday's data, investors will receive the FHFA Housing Price Index for February (Briefing.com consensus +0.5%), the S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index for February (Briefing.com consensus +6.4%), New Home Sales for March (Briefing.com consensus 631K), and the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for April (Briefing.com consensus 126.1).

Nasdaq Composite: +3.3% YTD
Russell 2000: +1.7% YTD
S&P 500: -0.1% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: -1.1% YTD

Dow: -14.25… | Nasdaq: -17.52… | S&P: +0.15…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1176/1630. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1308/1584.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Emmett Moore via TheStrategyLab.com Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image The Strategy Lab: Valforex - The Manipulative Review Scam @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3676

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com