TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April 10th Tuesday Price Action Trade Result Profit $4087.50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users Reviews, Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
041018-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+4087.50.png
041018-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+4087.50.png [ 74.67 KiB | Viewed 298 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $4087.50 dollars or +81.75 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $4087.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=2795

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades and price action analysis are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...review of TheStrategyLab is that this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=3706 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
041018-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png
041018-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png [ 2.08 MiB | Viewed 313 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets discussed by members of TheStrategyLab chat room or private thread discussions

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: +428.90… | Nasdaq: +143.96… | S&P: +43.71…
NASDAQ Vol: 2.2 bln… Adv: 2353… Dec: 594…
NYSE Vol: 886.8 mln… Adv: 2266… Dec: 707…

Moving the Market

China's President Xi Jinping dials down trade war fears, saying that China will significantly reduce tariffs on cars and will protect intellectual property rights of foreign firms

Energy sector leads broad rally as WTI crude futures jump to a two-week high amid uncertainty regarding President Trump's response to a chemical attack in Syria

Facebook (FB) shares jump as CEO Mark Zuckerberg begins a two-day testimony on Capitol Hill

Sector Watch
Strong: Energy, Materials, Technology, Telecom Services
Weak: Consumer Discretionary, Consumer Staples, Utilities, Real Estate
04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks were up big from start to finish on Tuesday following conciliatory remarks from Chinese President Xi Jinping, which helped ease fears of a global trade war. The major averages endured some intraday volatility to finish a step below their best marks of the day -- the S&P 500 added 1.7%, the Dow climbed 1.8%, and the Nasdaq advanced 2.1% -- which was an encouraging sign for investors, who were still a little shell shocked following Monday's sharp reversal.

Mr. Xi helped alleviate fears that the U.S. and China are barreling towards a tit-for-tat trade war in an overnight speech at the Boao Forum, saying that he plans to "significantly" cut tariffs on imported automobiles, reduce duties on other imported goods, and improve the intellectual property rights of foreign firms. President Trump, who has promised to hit China with tariffs in an effort to reduce Washington's trade deficit with Beijing, praised Mr. Xi for his comments, saying the two leaders will "make great progress together."

Moving to the Middle East, uncertainty as to how President Trump will respond to a chemical attack in Syria prompted traders to push oil prices higher on Tuesday, which, in turn, fueled a strong outing for energy shares; the S&P 500's energy sector rallied 3.3%, while West Texas Intermediate crude futures jumped 3.2% to $65.49 per barrel -- their best level in two weeks. President Trump's response to the chemical attack -- which killed more than 40 people on Saturday -- is believed to be imminent.

In Washington, Mark Zuckerberg -- Facebook's (FB 165.04, +7.11) founder, chairman, and CEO -- began a two-day testimony on Capitol Hill with an appearance before a joint hearing of the Senate Judiciary and Commerce Committees on Tuesday, answering questions regarding the Cambridge Analytica data scandal and Russia's alleged use of Facebook to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election. The market appeared to like what Mr. Zuckerberg had to say, as Facebook's share price more than double its daily gain after he began speaking; FB shares finished higher by 4.5%.

Nine of eleven S&P 500 sectors finished Tuesday in positive territory, with the lightly-weighted utilities (-0.7%) and real estate (-0.7%) sectors being the lone laggards. The energy group (+3.3%) was the top performer, while the top-weighted technology sector (+2.5%) and the telecom services space (+2.3%) finished in second and third, respectively. Within the telecom space, Sprint (S 6.02, +0.88) and T-Mobile US (TMUS 63.13, +3.39) spiked 17.1% and 5.7%, respectively, following a Wall Street Journal report that the two companies have restarted merger talks.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries ended Tuesday on a mostly lower note, with the long bond showing relative strength for the second consecutive day. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note finished one basis point higher at 2.80%, while the yield on the 30-yr bond finished flat at 3.02%. Yields move inversely to prices.

Investors received just two pieces of economic data on Tuesday -- the Producer Price Index for March and Wholesale Inventories for February:

Producer prices rose 0.3% in March (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) and core producer prices increased 0.3% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%). Year-over-year, producer prices are up 3.0% (vs +2.8% in February) and core producer prices have risen 2.7% (vs +2.5% in February).
The key takeaway from the report is that producer prices are trending higher, which will feed concerns about a pass through to consumers and keep the Federal Reserve wedded to its belief that inflation rates are poised to pick up, leaving it with a tightening bias.
February Wholesale Inventories increased 1.0% (Briefing.com consensus +1.1%). The January reading was revised to +0.9% from +0.8%.
The market doesn't typically pay much attention to this release since the full business inventories report is usually released a short time later.

On Wednesday, investors will receive the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index at 7:00 AM ET, the Consumer Price Index (Briefing.com consensus +0.1%) for March at 8:30 AM ET, and both the minutes from the March FOMC meeting and the March Treasury Budget at 2:00 PM ET.

Nasdaq Composite: +2.8% YTD
Russell 2000: +0.5% YTD
S&P 500: -0.6% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: -1.3% YTD

Dow: +428.90… | Nasdaq: +143.96… | S&P: +43.71…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 2353/594. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2266/707.

03:35PM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities ending the day higher
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are +0.9% at 88.8005
The dollar index is -0.4% at 89.78
Energy:
May WTI crude oil futures settled +$2.06 at $65.49/barrel on the day
In other energy, May natural gas settled $0.03 lower at $2.66/MMBtu
Metals:
June gold settled +$6.10 at $1345.90/oz, while May silver settled +$0.07 to $16.59/oz
May copper settled +$0.06 at $3.14/lb

Dow: +431.27… | Nasdaq: +147.22… | S&P: +44.51…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 2361/591. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2266/674.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities are hovering just a step below their session highs moving into the final stretch, but, with yesterday's late reversal still fresh in their minds, investors are uncertain that the day will end on a positive note. The S&P 500 is up 1.7%, while the Nasdaq and the Dow sport gains of 1.9% and 1.8%, respectively.

In Washington, Senators have taken turns grilling Facebook (FB 160.86, +2.99) CEO Mark Zuckerberg on data privacy -- specifically with regard to the Cambridge Analytica data scandal, which was first revealed three weeks ago. Mr. Zuckerberg is currently making his opening remarks, highlighting what changes Facebook needs to make.

Meanwhile, the energy sector has extended its gain to 4.1% as the price of crude oil continues to move higher; WTI crude futures are up 3.7% at $65.76 per barrel.
Dow: +458.02… | Nasdaq: +145.45… | S&P: +47.33…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1123/606. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2311/623.

02:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages made an intraday high since our last update, but currently trade off those levels. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is still at the front, up 2.0% with the Nasdaq Composite and the S&P 500 up 1.9% and 1.7%, respectively.

Moments ago Facebook (FB 161.71, +3.78, +2.4%) CEO Mark Zuckerberg began his testimony on Capitol Hill. The social media front man is fielding questions regarding Russia's alleged use of Facebook to influence the 2016 presidential election, as well as the Cambridge Analytica data scandal -- which wiped around 18% off the company's share price a few weeks ago. Mr. Zuckerberg is also scheduled to testify before the House Energy and Commerce Committee tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. ET.

Ahead of the meeting, Mr. Zuckerberg posted to his personal Facebook page a short comment about striving to make the platform a force for good in the world.

Broadly, the Global X Social Media Index ETF (SOCL 33.88, +0.45, +1.4%) displays strength today, but still holds a 13.5% decline from mid-March highs of $39.03. The top 10 weighted names in the SOCL ETF trade mostly higher into the testimony -- TWTR +3.96%, TCEHY +2.67%, IAC +1.96%, SNAP +0.87%, YNDX -1.88%, GOOG +1.12%, NTES +0.44%, SINA +3.17%, MOMO +0.03%, BIDU +2.65%
Dow: +466.05… | Nasdaq: +132.85… | S&P: +45.27…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1290/645. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2312/617.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Clutching firmly to earlier gains, the broader market is little changed since our last update.

Gold futures recently settled higher by about 0.4% to $1,345.90/oz. Last night, gold producer Royal Gold (RGLD 87.83, +2.31, +2.7%) announced Q3 production, realized prices, and cost of sales. The company reported that both realized gold and silver prices increased in the quarter with a slight dip in copper prices. The company also announced that Q3 deliveries were not impacted by a temporary shutdown at its mill processing facility in Mount Milligan which occurred earlier in 2018, but that the shutdown should impact mid-calendar 2018 results as some of the deliveries originally scheduled for June-August would be deferred to a later date. Following the news RGLD breaks out past two-month highs and now trades 6.9% higher YTD, recouping a significant portion of early-February losses.

The U.S. Dollar Index is slightly lower at this point, down about 0.2% at 89.64.
Dow: +361.60… | Nasdaq: +128.63… | S&P: +40.26…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1378/655. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2311/607.

01:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices remain meaningfully higher at this time, all currently sporting gains of more than 1.5%.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that DowDuPont (DWDP 65.95, +2.26), Verizon (VZ 48.60, +1.68), & Exxon Mobil (XOM 77.38, +2.51) are outperforming. Verizon is advancing after the Wall Street Journal reported that Sprint (S 6.04, +0.90) & T-Mobile (TMUS 62.91, +3.17) are again considering a possible merger, while Exxon Mobil is gaining as the entire energy sector rallies on the heels of a 3% jump in WTI crude oil futures.

Conversely, Nike (NKE 66.79, -0.39) is the worst-performing Dow component as shares see an extension of recent weakness after the company announced a deal to acquire 'leading computer vision firm' Invertex Ltd.

With today's gains, the DJIA is already up 1.81% this week.

Elsewhere, at the top of the hour, the Treasury's $30 bln 7-year auction drew a high yield of 2.45% on a bid-to-cover of 2.85.
Dow: +393.18… | Nasdaq: +110.48… | S&P: +39.41…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1447/631. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2339/573.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have been solidly higher since the opening bell, but volatility has picked up this afternoon, leading investors to wonder if today's session will be a repeat of yesterday's; the S&P 500 nearly gave back all of a 1.9% gain in the last two hours of Monday's session. The S&P 500 is currently up 1.4%, but was higher by as much as 1.9% earlier. Meanwhile, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is up 1.5%, the Nasdaq Composite is up 1.4%, and the small-cap Russell 2000 is up 1.5%.

Buyers pushed the equity market sharply higher at the start of today's session after Chinese President Xi Jinping took a disarming tone in an overnight speech at the Boao Forum, helping to ease fears of a trade war -- which have been heightened by threats of tariffs between Washington and Beijing. Mr. Xi discussed plans to further open the Chinese economy, including "significantly" reducing import tariffs for automobiles, reducing tariffs for other goods, and improving the intellectual property rights of foreign firms.

Economically-sensitive sectors have been leading today's advance, with energy showing particular strength. The energy group has added 3.5% today amid a sharp increase in the price of crude oil; West Texas Intermediate crude futures are up 2.9% at $65.24 per barrel, hitting their best level in two weeks. The Energy Information Administration maintained its oil production forecast for 2018 at 10.7 million barrels per day -- which would mark the highest annual average on record -- but crude futures were solidly higher even before the release.

The top-weighted technology sector (+1.7%) is trading a step ahead of the broader market, but Facebook (FB 159.89, +1.97) is up a relatively weak 1.3% ahead of Mark Zuckerberg's testimony on Capitol Hill, which is set to begin at 2:15 PM ET. The company's chief executive will be fielding questions regarding Russia's alleged use of Facebook to influence the 2016 presidential election, as well as the Cambridge Analytica data scandal -- which wiped around 18% off the company's share price a few weeks ago.

In total, nine of eleven S&P sectors are trading in the green. The lightly-weighted utilities (-0.7%) and real estate (-0.8%) sectors are the two laggards, while the telecom services group (+3.6%) has recently spiked to challenge energy for the top spot in today's sector standings. Sprint (S 6.32, +1.19) is up 23.0% following a Wall Street Journal report that the company has reengaged in merger talks with T-Mobile US (TMUS 63.94, +4.22); TMUS shares are higher by 7.1%.

Investors received just two pieces of economic data today -- the Producer Price Index for March and Wholesale Inventories for February:

Producer prices rose 0.3% in March (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) and core producer prices increased 0.3% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%). Year-over-year, producer prices are up 3.0% (vs +2.8% in February) and core producer prices have risen 2.7% (vs +2.5% in February).
The key takeaway from the report is that producer prices are trending higher, which will feed concerns about a pass through to consumers and keep the Federal Reserve wedded to its belief that inflation rates are poised to pick up, leaving it with a tightening bias.
February Wholesale Inventories increased 1.0% (Briefing.com consensus +1.1%). The January reading was revised to +0.9% from +0.8%.
The market doesn't typically pay much attention to this release since the full business inventories report is usually released a short time later.

Dow: +371.07… | Nasdaq: +103.37… | S&P: +36.58…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1525/635. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2274/625.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are hovering a step below their best marks of the day. The Dow is still outperforming the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq with a gain of 1.7%.

The Energy Information Administration (EIA) recently released its Short-Term Energy Outlook (STEO) report, which estimates that U.S. crude oil production averaged 10.4 million barrels per day in March; that's 260,000 more barrels per day than the February estimate. The EIA also maintained its oil production forecast for 2018 at 10.7 million barrels per day -- which would mark the highest annual average on record. The previous record of 9.6 million barrels per day was set in 1970. Crude futures haven't had much of a reaction to the report.

In Europe, the major stock indices finished Tuesday with gains between 0.8% and 1.1%.
Dow: +374.69… | Nasdaq: +92.96… | S&P: +33.06…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1629/685. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2250/630.

12:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major stock indices dipped below their session highs in recent action, but have reclaimed most of the downtick. The S&P 500 is up 1.7%.

10 of 11 S&P sectors are trading in the green, with the utilities group (-0.6%) being the lone exception. Electric provider Duke Energy (DUK 77.56, -0.91) is among the weakest names within the group, showing a loss of 1.1%. However, the utilities space represents just 3.0% of the broader market, so it's impact is minimal.

In currencies, the U.S. Dollar Index, which measures the greenback's value against a basket of other currencies, is down 0.1% at 89.46. The dollar is down 0.1% against the euro (1.2333) and 0.2% against the British pound (1.4160), but has added 0.5% against the Japanese yen (107.31).
Dow: +454.02… | Nasdaq: +115.69… | S&P: +43.15…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1793/614. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2338/516.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are still hovering at session highs, sporting gains between 1.8% and 2.1%.

Facebook (FB 160.37, +2.44) has added 1.6% today ahead of Mark Zuckerberg's testimony on Capitol Hill. Facebook's founder and chief executive will appear before a joint hearing conducted by the Senate Judiciary and Commerce committees starting at 2:15 PM ET, and will be fielding questions regarding Russia's alleged use of Facebook to influence the 2016 presidential election and the Cambridge Analytica data scandal, which was largely responsible for wiping nearly 18% of the company's share price a few weeks ago.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are under pressure this morning, pushing yields higher across the curve; the benchmark 10-yr yield is up one basis point at 2.80%, while the 2-yr yield has jumped three basis points to 2.31%.
Dow: +516.18… | Nasdaq: +129.19… | S&P: +46.86…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1972/581. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2350/477.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks are at session highs this morning, hovering a step above where they opened today's session. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is up 2.0%, while the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq hold gains of around 1.8% apiece. The small-cap Russell 2000 lags, but is still up 1.4%.

The energy sector (+3.1%) has been today's top-performing group thus far, underpinned by a sharp increase in the price of crude oil; West Texas Intermediate crude futures are up 2.7% at $65.11 per barrel, which marks their best level in two weeks. The Energy Information Administration will release its monthly short-term energy outlook report today sometime between 12:00 and 12:15 PM ET, followed by the release of its weekly crude inventory report on Wednesday morning.

Meanwhile, the financials (+1.8%), industrials (+1.9%), materials (+2.4%), technology (+2.1%), and health care (+1.8%) spaces are also outperforming. Within the tech space, chipmakers are showing particular strength, pushing the PHLX Semiconductor Index higher by 3.2%.
Dow: +445.27… | Nasdaq: +113.71… | S&P: +41.04…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 2015/568. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2363/445.

10:35AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities are beginning the day higher
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently +0.7% at 88.6195
Dollar index is currently -0.2% at 89.32
Looking at energy...
May WTI crude oil futures are now +$1.35 at $64.77/barrel
In other energy, May natural gas is -$0.03 at $2.66/MMBtu
Moving on to metals...
June gold is currently +$1.80 at $1341.90/oz, while May silver is +$0.05 at $16.58/oz
May copper is now +$0.05 at $3.13/lb

Dow: +454.46… | Nasdaq: +110.33… | S&P: +41.97…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 2096/562. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2333/442.

10:05AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have trimmed their opening gains; the S&P 500 is now up 1.0% after opening higher by around 1.3%.

Just in, February Wholesale Inventories increased 1.0% (Briefing.com consensus +1.1%). The January reading was revised to +0.9% from +0.8%.
Dow: +313.86… | Nasdaq: +71.92… | S&P: +27.09…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1994/680. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2212/451.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are up big this morning, sporting gains between 1.3% and 1.6%.

10 of 11 S&P 500 sectors are trading in the green. Growth-sensitive sectors like financials (+1.5%), consumer discretionary (+1.1%), industrials (+1.4%), energy (+2.0%), materials (+1.5%), and technology (+1.5%) are out front, while defensive groups like consumer staples (+0.5%), utilities (-0.1%), and telecom services (+0.3%) lag.

As a reminder, Wholesale Inventories for February (Briefing.com consensus +1.1%) will be released at 10:00 AM ET.
Dow: +370.95… | Nasdaq: +89.07… | S&P: +31.10…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1995/618. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2208/381.

09:10AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +34.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +106.30.

The stock market is set for a solidly higher open, as the S&P 500 futures are trading 35 points, or 1.3%, above fair value.

In a speech at the Boao Forum overnight, China's President Xi Jinping helped soothe the trade war fears that have gripped equity markets around the globe in recent weeks. Mr. Xi discussed plans to further open the Chinese economy, including "significantly" reducing import tariffs for automobiles, reducing tariffs for other goods, improving market access for foreign investors, and better enforcing the intellectual property rights of foreign firms -- which has been a major point of contention for the Trump administration.

Meanwhile, in Washington, Facebook's (FB 158.70, +0.77, +0.5%) CEO Mark Zuckerberg is scheduled to testify before the U.S. Senate Judiciary and Commerce committees at 2:15 PM ET regarding Russia's alleged use of social media in influencing the 2016 U.S. presidential election and the data scandal involving political research firm Cambridge Analytica.

Investors received the Producer Price Index for March earlier this morning, which showed a month-over-month increase of 0.3% -- which is more than the 0.2% rise the Briefing.com consensus expected. Core producer prices, which exclude the volatile categories of food and energy, also increased 0.3% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%). The key takeaway from the report is that producer prices are trending higher, which will feed concerns about a pass through to consumers and keep the Federal Reserve wedded to its belief that inflation rates are poised to pick up, leaving it with a tightening bias.

Today's last economic report -- Wholesale Inventories for February (Briefing.com consensus +1.1%) -- will be released at 10:00 AM ET.

08:51AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +35.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +105.80.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 35 points, or 1.3%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a higher note, receiving a boost from comments made by China's President Xi Jinping. The Chinese president reiterated his opposition to trade wars, but also pledged to lower auto-related tariffs and allow more foreign ownership in the auto sector. Elsewhere, South Korean press expressed concern over the impact a strengthening won will have on Korean exports. South Korea's Q1 GDP will be reported on April 25. The report will follow a disappointing Q4 reading that showed a 0.2% quarter-over-quarter decline in GDP.

In economic data:
Australia's March NAB Business Confidence 7 (expected 12; last 9) and March Business Survey 14 (last 20).
New Zealand's Q1 NZIER Business Confidence -11% (last -12%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei gained 0.5%. Okuma, Fanuc, Komatsu, Ebara, Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Yaskawa Electric, Honda Motor, Tokyo Electron, Sony, and Konica Minolta rose between 2.0% and 4.0%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng jumped 1.7%. Apple suppliers AAC Technologies and Sunny Optical Tech gained 6.8% and 4.5%, respectively, while Want Want China, Geely Automobile, CNOOC, ICBC, and Bank of China rallied between 1.9% and 6.2%.
China's Shanghai Composite advanced 1.7%. China Animal Husbandry Industry, China Southern Airlines, Fangda Special Steel Technology, and China Grand Automotive Services climbed between 5.8% and 7.8%.
India's Sensex added 0.3%. Most bank stocks outperformed with AXIS Bank, ICICI Bank, SBI, and Yes Bank rising between 1.0% and 5.4%. On the downside, IndusInd Bank and HDFC Bank lost 0.7% and 1.0%, respectively.

Major European indices trade in the green, but Italy's MIB (+0.4%) is struggling to keep pace with other markets. Bank of England policymaker Ian McCafferty, who has called for rate hikes in the past, said that rates should be increased swiftly and that there is no labor market slack. Meanwhile, Bank of England Chief Economist Andy Haldane pushed back against suggestions that central bank policy has worsened income inequality, noting there has been no clear shift in wealth. The Bank of France maintained its GDP forecast for the full year at 1.9%, seeing little to no impact from trade tensions.

In economic data:
France's February Industrial Production +1.2% month-over-month (expected 1.5%; last -1.8%)
Italy's February Industrial Production -0.5% month-over-month (expected 1.0%; last -1.8%); +2.5% year-over-year (expected 4.8%; last 4.4%)

---Equity Markets---

Germany's DAX is higher by 0.9%. Heavyweights like Bayer, BMW, Volkswagen, Daimler, Infineon, and Adidas are up between 1.1% and 4.8%. On the downside, Deutsche Bank is down 0.7%, returning to its low from Friday.
UK's FTSE trades up 0.7%. Capita has jumped 5.7% while miners like Anglo American, Antofagasta, Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, and Glencore show gains between 3.2% and 5.0%.
France's CAC is higher by 0.6%. Louis Vuitton and Kering outperform with respective gains of 4.1% and 3.0% while Michelin, Peugeot, TechnipFMC, and Total show gains between 0.4% and 2.5%.
Italy's MIB is up 0.4%. Telecom Italia, Fiat, and Pirelli hold gains between 1.0% and 2.6% while financials like UniCredit, UBI Banca, and Banco Bpm are down between 0.3% and 0.9%.

08:32AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +34.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +98.00.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 34 points, or 1.3%, above fair value.

Just in, producer prices rose 0.3% in March (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) and core producer prices increased 0.3% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%). Year-over-year, producer prices are up 3.0% and core producer prices have risen 2.7%.

07:55AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +36.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +111.30.

Equities are on course for a solidly higher open this morning following a disappointing finish to yesterday's session; the S&P 500 was up as much as 1.9% on Monday afternoon, but a late bout of selling left the index higher by just 0.3%. The S&P 500 futures are currently trading 36 points, or 1.4%, above fair value.

This morning's bullish bias has been attributed to comments made by China's President Xi Jinping, who spoke at the Boao Forum overnight. Mr. Xi discussed plans to further open the Chinese economy, including "significantly" reducing import tariffs for automobiles, reducing tariffs for other goods, improving market access for foreign investors, and better enforcing the intellectual property rights of foreign firms -- which has been a major point of contention for the Trump administration.

While Mr. Xi never outright mentioned heightened trade tensions between the U.S. and China, his comments certainly soothed markets around the world, which have been jittery in recent weeks due to the prospect of a trade war between the world's two largest economies. The major stock indices in Asia finished Tuesday on a higher note, with China's Shanghai Composite (+1.7%) and Hong Kong's Hang Seng (+1.7%) leading the charge, while the major indices in Europe are also in the green, sporting gains between 0.5% and 0.9%.

In Washington, Facebook's (FB 159.40, +1.47, +0.9%) CEO Mark Zuckerberg is scheduled to testify before the U.S. Senate Judiciary and Commerce committees at 2:15 PM ET regarding Russia's alleged use of social media in influencing the 2016 U.S. presidential election and the data scandal involving political research firm Cambridge Analytica. Separately, investors are still awaiting President Trump's response to a chemical weapons attack in Syria that killed dozens of people over the weekend.

Investors will receive several economic reports this morning, including the Producer Price Index (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) and the core Producer Price Index (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) for March, both of which will be released at 8:30 AM ET, and Wholesale Inventories for February (Briefing.com consensus +1.1%), which will cross the wires at 10:00 AM ET.

In U.S. corporate news:

NVIDIA (NVDA 223.58, +8.17): +3.8% after being upgraded to 'Overweight' at Morgan Stanley.
VeriFone (PAY 22.85, +7.85): +52.3% after agreeing to be acquired by Francisco Partners for $23.04 per share in cash.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a higher note, receiving a boost from comments made by China's President Xi Jinping. Japan's Nikkei +0.5%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +1.7%, China's Shanghai Composite +1.7%, India's Sensex +0.3%.
In economic data:
Australia's March NAB Business Confidence 7 (expected 12; last 9) and March Business Survey 14 (last 20)
New Zealand's Q1 NZIER Business Confidence -11% (last -12%)
In news:
The Chinese president reiterated his opposition to trade wars, but also pledged to lower auto-related tariffs and allow more foreign ownership in the auto sector.
South Korean press revealed expressed concern over the impact a strengthening won will have on Korean exports. South Korea's Q1 GDP will be reported on April 25. The report will follow a disappointing Q4 reading that showed a 0.2% quarter-over-quarter decline in GDP.

Major European indices trade in the green, but Italy's MIB (+0.2%) is struggling to keep pace with other markets. Germany's DAX +0.9%, UK's FTSE +0.6%, France's CAC +0.5%.
In economic data:
France's February Industrial Production +1.2% month-over-month (expected 1.5%; last -1.8%)
Italy's February Industrial Production -0.5% month-over-month (expected 1.0%; last -1.8%); +2.5% year-over-year (expected 4.8%; last 4.4%)
In news:
Bank of England policymaker Ian McCafferty, who has called for rate hikes in the past, said that rates should be increased swiftly and that there is no labor market slack. Meanwhile, Bank of England Chief Economist Andy Haldane pushed back against suggestions that central bank policy has worsened income inequality, noting there has been no clear shift in wealth.
The Bank of France maintained its GDP forecast for the full year at 1.9%, seeing little to no impact from trade tensions.

07:31AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +34.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +109.50.

06:54AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +35.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +115.50.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...21794...+116.10...+0.50%. Hang Seng...30729...+499.20...+1.70%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7232.05...+37.30...+0.50%. DAX...12395.32...+133.60...+1.10%.

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks rallied through the first half of Monday's session, reclaiming the bulk of Friday's dive, but nearly gave back all of their gains in the afternoon. The S&P 500 finished with a gain of 0.3%, while the Nasdaq Composite and the Dow Jones Industrial Average advanced 0.5% and 0.2%, respectively. The small-cap Russell 2000 added 0.1%.

A de-escalation of trade war fears was the widely-cited catalyst behind a strong start to Monday's session after weekend interviews from several Trump administration officials gave investors the impression that the White House might be trying to dial back its fiery rhetoric against China. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, for example, reiterated a comment he made on Friday, saying that the U.S. could enter a trade war with China, but then added that he "[doesn't] expect it at all."

The defense of the S&P 500's 200-day moving average (2594) on Friday also helped fuel a bullish tone at the opening bell. Stocks climbed steadily into the afternoon -- with the S&P 500 adding as much as 1.9% -- but sentiment began to turn in the final two hours as investors looked ahead to comments from China's President Xi Jinping, who will be speaking at the Boao Forum on Tuesday.

The possibility that Mr. Xi could take a forceful stance on trade with the U.S. prompted investors to take some money off the table ahead of the close -- especially considering that the market has been responding to headlines in a knee-jerk fashion as of late. In addition, uncertainty regarding President Trump's response to a chemical weapons attack in Syria that killed dozens of people over the weekend also fueled some late selling, as did a New York Times report that the FBI raided the office of Mr. Trump's longtime personal lawyer Michael Cohen.

In the end, the sector standings were pretty evenly mixed with six groups advancing and five finishing in the red. The health care sector (+0.9%) was the top performer, helped by Dow component Merck (MRK 56.16, +2.80), which rallied 6.2% after announcing that its lung cancer treatment Keytruda helped previously untreated patients live longer in a late-stage trial. The top-weighted technology sector also outperformed (+0.8%), but finished a ways off its session high; the tech space was up 2.9% at its best mark of the day.

On the flip side, the lightly-weighted telecom services sector finished at the bottom of the sector standings with a loss of 1.2%. The consumer discretionary (-0.3%) and industrials (-0.3%) sectors were the second-worst performing groups, while no other space lost more than 0.2%.

Investors didn't receive any economic reports on Monday, but will receive several pieces of data on Tuesday; both the Producer Price Index (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) and the core Producer Price Index (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) for March will be released at 8:30 AM ET, followed by the release of Wholesale Inventories for February (Briefing.com consensus +1.1%) at 10:00 AM ET.

Nasdaq Composite: +0.7% YTD
Russell 2000: -1.4% YTD
S&P 500: -2.3% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: -3.0% YTD

Dow: +46.34… | Nasdaq: +35.23… | S&P: +8.69…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1518/1341. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1409/1515.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Emmett Moore via TheStrategyLab.com Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image The Strategy Lab: Valforex - The Manipulative Review Scam @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3676

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com