TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April 5th Thursday Price Action Trade Result Profit $5062.50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:03 am 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users Reviews, Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
040518-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+5062.50.png
040518-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+5062.50.png [ 75.6 KiB | Viewed 810 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $5062.50 dollars or +101.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $5062.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=2791

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades and price action analysis are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...review of TheStrategyLab is that this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=3706 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
040518-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png
040518-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png [ 1.98 MiB | Viewed 302 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets discussed by members of TheStrategyLab chat room or private thread discussions

The Market at 04:25PM ET
Dow: +240.92… | Nasdaq: +34.44… | S&P: +18.15…
NASDAQ Vol: 2.1 bln… Adv: 1822… Dec: 1078…
NYSE Vol: 753.6 mln… Adv: 2129… Dec: 776…

Moving the Market

Buying momentum following two-day rebound

Atlanta Fed President Raphael Bostic says he's comfortable with inflation going above the Fed's 2.0% target, suggesting he favors a less aggressive approach to tightening

Facebook (FB) shares are strong after CEO Mark Zuckerberg said he doesn't think the #deletefacebook movement has had a material impact

Heavily-weighted technology and health care sectors struggle to keep pace

Sector Watch
Strong: Consumer Discretionary, Industrials, Energy, Materials
Weak: Technology, Health Care, Consumer Staples, Real Estate

04:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities advanced for a third consecutive session on Thursday, with energy and materials shares leading a broad-based rally.

The benchmark S&P 500 jumped 0.7% to 2662.84, trimming its yearly loss to 0.4%, while the Nasdaq Composite climbed 0.5% to 7076.55, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average rallied 1.0% to 24505.22. The S&P 500 and the Dow never touched negative territory -- the Nasdaq did briefly -- and all three major averages finished in the upper half of their trading ranges. Action was somewhat volatile -- although not as volatile as other sessions this week -- but the CBOE Volatility Index slipped 1.43 points, or 7.1%, to 18.63 -- a two-week low.

10 of 11 S&P sectors finished in positive territory, with growth-sensitive groups like consumer discretionary (+1.4%), industrials (+1.0%), energy (+1.8%), and materials (+1.9%) leading the charge. The top-weighted technology sector couldn't keep pace, however, which was somewhat discouraging, but the group still finished with a gain of 0.4%.

Within the tech space, Facebook (FB 159.34, +4.24) outperformed, adding 2.7%, after CEO Mark Zuckerberg said he doesn't think the #deletefacebook movement has had a material impact. Chipmakers lagged, however, pushing the PHLX Semiconductor Index lower by 1.0%. NVIDIA (NVDA 221.38, -4.86) lost 2.2% following some cautious commentary out of Citron Research, and Micron (MU 49.84, -3.55) tumbled 6.7% after a director disclosed that she sold 25,000 shares on April 2. UBS initiated a 'Sell' rating following the disclosure.

Meanwhile, the heavily-weighted health care sector finished at the bottom of the sector standings, shedding 0.1%, as biotechnology names underperformed -- evidenced by the 1.6% decline in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 104.17, -1.72). Biogen (BIIB 264.98, -7.42) was particularly weak, losing 2.7%, after being downgraded to 'Equal Weight' from 'Overweight' at Barclays.

Despite the pockets of weakness, the broader market was strong through most of Thursday's session. A Bloomberg TV interview with Atlanta Fed President Raphael Bostic contributed to the positive bias, as Mr. Bostic, who is a voting member on this year's FOMC, said he's comfortable with inflation going above the Fed's 2.0% target -- which suggests that he may favor a less aggressive approach to hiking interest rates. However, with the March Employment Situation Report due Friday, investors fought the urge to tamper with their rate-hike expectations.

U.S. Treasuries largely kept overnight losses intact on Thursday, extending them just slightly during intraday trade. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note advanced four basis points to 2.83%, closing at its highest level in more than a week, while the 2-yr yield ticked up two basis points to 2.30%.

Reviewing Thursday's economic data, which was limited to the Trade Balance for February and weekly Initial Claims:

The February trade balance showed a deficit of $57.6 billion (Briefing.com consensus -$56.7 billion). The January deficit was revised to $56.7 billion from $56.6 billion.
The key takeaway from the report is twofold: (1) it underscores that trade will be a drag on Q1 GDP growth and (2) it will continue to fan the rhetorical flames regrading trade imbalances.
The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 242,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 225,000. Today's tally was above the revised prior week count of 218,000 (from 215,000). As for continuing claims, they declined to 1.808 million from a revised count of 1.872 million (from 1.871 million).
The key takeaway from the report is that the headline disappointment will be washed away as some normal volatility in a data series that has been persistently encouraging. To that end, this is the 161st straight week initial claims have held below 300,000.

On Friday, investors will receive the Employment Situation Report for March, which the Briefing.com consensus expects will show the addition of 175,000 nonfarm payrolls, an increase of 0.2% in average hourly earnings, and an unemployment rate of 4.0%. The report, which has the potential to move the financial markets, will be released at 8:30 AM ET. The much less influential Consumer Credit Report for February (Briefing.com consensus $15.0 billion) will be released in the afternoon at 3:00 PM ET.

Nasdaq Composite: +2.5% YTD
S&P 500: -0.4% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: -0.9% YTD
Russell 2000: +0.5% YTD

Dow: +240.92… | Nasdaq: +34.44… | S&P: +18.15…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1822/1078. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2129/776.

03:35PM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities ending the day higher
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are +0.6% at 87.1757
The dollar index is +0.4% at 90.15
Energy:
Mar WTI crude oil futures settled +$0.20 at $63.55/barrel on the day
In other energy, Mar natural gas settled -$0.05 at $2.67/MMBtu
Metals:
Apr gold settled -$9.00 at $1328.30/oz, while Mar silver settled -$0.04 to $16.35/oz
Mar copper settled +$0.07 at $3.08/lb

Dow: +224.01… | Nasdaq: +29.99… | S&P: +16.81…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1778/1128. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2001/924.

02:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages sport gains between 0.6% and 1.1% moving into the final hour of trading.

Ten sectors are trading in the green -- financials (+1.1%), consumer discretionary (+1.4%), industrials (+1.0%), energy (+2.1%), materials (+2.1%), technology (+0.6%), health care (+0.1%), consumer staples (+0.5%), utilities (+1.0%), and telecom services (+0.8%) -- while one is trading in the red -- real estate (-0.1%).

U.S. Treasuries are poised to end their trading day near session lows, with yields higher across the curve. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up four basis points at 2.83%, while the yield on the 2-yr Treasury note is up two basis points at 2.30%.
Dow: +264.07… | Nasdaq: +42.95… | S&P: +22.49…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1332/904. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2082/805.

02:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are still comfortably within their daily ranges, sporting gains between 0.3% and 0.6%.

Looking ahead, investors will receive the March Employment Situation Report tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. ET. The market will be keeping a close eye on the unemployment rate in tomorrow's report, which could reach the 4.0% mark for the first time in nearly 18 years. (Briefing.com consensus of 4.0%; February was 4.1%).

The report will also include nonfarm payrolls, which come off a larger-than-expected increase in February, average hourly earnings, and the average workweek. The interpretation of the report will be evident in the Treasury market. The direction of market rates following the report could influence the behavior of the stock market and the dollar.

The yield on the 10-yr note is up three basis points to about 2.82% in recent action, while the U.S. Dollar Index (90.47, +0.33) holds onto slight gains.
Dow: +145.86… | Nasdaq: +19.44… | S&P: +10.02…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1287/1020. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1986/895.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are flat since our last update.

Staring down a widely higher broader market, gold settled down about 0.9% to $1,328.50/oz on Thursday. The safe haven investment saw less interest today amid cooling U.S./China tensions and a stronger buck. Making a worse than 52-week low today, shares of Randgold Resources (GOLD 78.26, -1.41, -1.8%) are seeing added pressure after last night's sell side downgrade of the stock to an "Underperform" rating at RBC Capital Mkts.

For its part, the dollar gains 0.4% against the euro (1.2233), 0.6% against the pound (1.3991), and 0.6% against the yen (107.37). The US Dollar Index sits 0.4% higher at this juncture to 90.48.
Dow: +157.27… | Nasdaq: +16.73… | S&P: +7.91…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1343/1024. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2001/867.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have seen some modest selling pressure since our last update, but stocks continue to bolster strong gains at this time.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Chevron (CVX 117.35, +2.87), DowDuPont (DWDP 65.13, +1.44), & Boeing (BA 333.87, +6.43) are outperforming. Chevron is leading the Dow higher as the energy sector sees a broad-based recovery from recent pressure, while Boeing is continuing to recover from yesterday's China tariff announcement lows.

Conversely, Pfizer (PFE 35.67, -0.46) is the worst-performing Dow component as health care lags in today's trade.

For the week, the DJIA is +1.3%
Dow: +156.59… | Nasdaq: +14.67… | S&P: +11.53…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1380/1071. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1977/874.

12:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market is higher this afternoon, looking to notch its third straight day of gains. The S&P 500 is up 0.8%, while the Dow (+1.1%) is doing modestly better and the Nasdaq (+0.6%) is lagging a bit. The major averages have been in the green since the opening bell and are currently trading just a step below their session highs.

10 of 11 S&P 500 groups are in positive territory, with consumer discretionary (+1.1%), energy (+2.0%), and materials (+1.7%) leading the charge. The lightly-weighted real estate group (-0.3%) is the lone decliner, but countercyclical sectors like health care (+0.1%), consumer staples (+0.4%), utilities (+0.1%), and telecom services (+0.4%) are underperforming. The top-weighted technology sector is the weakest of the growth-oriented groups, but still trades higher by 0.5%.

Within the tech space, Facebook (FB 158.49, +3.39) is up 2.1% after CEO Mark Zuckerberg said he doesn't think the #deletefacebook movement has had a material impact. Meanwhile, Micron (MU 49.88, -3.50) has dropped 6.5% after a director disclosed that she sold 25,000 shares on April 2. UBS initiated a 'Sell' rating following the disclosure.

Stocks have been pretty strong since the opening bell, but extended gains following a Bloomberg TV interview with Atlanta Fed President Raphael Bostic, who said that he's comfortable with inflation going above the Fed's 2.0% target. That comment suggests that Mr. Bostic -- who is a voting member on this year's Federal Open Market Committee -- may favor a less aggressive approach to hiking interest rates.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries have extended overnight losses somewhat throughout the session, pushing yields higher across the curve. The yield on the 10-yr Treasury note is up four basis points at 2.83%, its highest level in more than a week, while the 2-yr yield is up two basis points at 2.30%.

Reviewing Thursday's economic data, which was limited to the Trade Balance for February and weekly Initial Claims:

The February trade balance showed a deficit of $57.6 billion (Briefing.com consensus -$56.7 billion). The January deficit was revised to $56.7 billion from $56.6 billion.
The key takeaway from the report is twofold: (1) it underscores that trade will be a drag on Q1 GDP growth and (2) it will continue to fan the rhetorical flames regrading trade imbalances.
The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 242,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 225,000. Today's tally was above the revised prior week count of 218,000 (from 215,000). As for continuing claims, they declined to 1.808 million from a revised count of 1.872 million (from 1.871 million).
The key takeaway from the report is that the headline disappointment will be washed away as some normal volatility in a data series that has been persistently encouraging. To that end, this is the 161st straight week initial claims have held below 300,000.

Dow: +263.36… | Nasdaq: +44.56… | S&P: +20.51…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1537/954. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2070/780.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have slipped from their session highs in recent action, but still hold gains between 0.6% and 1.1%.

Despite the broad equity advance, biotechnology shares are lagging today, evidenced by the 1.0% decline in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 104.87, -1.03). Biotech giant Biogen (BIIB 265.10, -7.30) is showing particular weakness, losing 2.7%, after being downgraded to 'Equal Weight' from 'Overweight' at Barclays.

In Europe, the major bourses finished Thursday's session solidly higher, closing with gains between 2.4% and 2.9%.
Dow: +271.19… | Nasdaq: +37.53… | S&P: +19.33…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1535/1017. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2037/794.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue to hover at session highs, with the Dow (+1.4%) showing particular strength.

In a recent interview with Bloomberg TV, Atlanta Fed President Raphael Bostic said that he's comfortable with inflation going above the Fed's 2.0% target, suggesting that he may favor a less aggressive approach to hiking interest rates. Mr. Bostic is a voting member on this year's Federal Open Market Committee.

The interview may have helped the equity market rally to new session highs, but the Treasury market's response has been limited. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up four basis points at 2.83%, a tick higher than where it was earlier this morning.
Dow: +331.10… | Nasdaq: +61.40… | S&P: +25.99…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1651/943. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2074/743.

11:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities have jumped to new highs in recent trading, pushing the S&P 500 nearly 1.0% above its Wednesday close.

FAANG names, including Facebook (FB 159.13, +4.12), Amazon (AMZN 1446.64, +36.92), Apple (AAPL 173.71, +2.10), Netflix (NFLX 296.61, +7.72), and Alphabet (GOOGL 1042.99, +13.28), are ahead of the broader market this morning, sporting gains between 1.3% and 2.5%.

Chipmakers, meanwhile, are underperforming overall -- evidenced by the PHLX Semiconductor Index, which is up just 0.1% -- but Advanced Micro (AMD 10.16, +0.39) is strong, up 4.1%, after Stifel upgraded its shares to 'Buy' from 'Hold' on Wednesday afternoon.
Dow: +337.40… | Nasdaq: +63.48… | S&P: +25.66…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1660/939. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2031/758.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages haven't shifted much since the last update. The S&P 500 and the Nasdaq are up 0.4% apiece, while the Dow shows relative strength, sporting a gain of 0.8%.

In individual stock movements, Facebook (FB 158.82, +3.71) is up 2.4% after its CEO Mark Zuckerberg said he doesn't think the #deletefacebook movement has had a material impact, Boeing (BA 336.11, +8.67) is up 2.7%, rebounding from its 1.0% decline on Wednesday, and Micron (MU 50.62, -2.77) is down 5.2% after director Mercedes Johnson disclosed the sale of 25,000 shares, and after UBS initiated MU shares with a 'Sell' rating on Wednesday afternoon.

The energy space (+1.2%) is still trading near the top of today's sector standings, even though WTI crude futures have dipped back into negative territory after being up more than 1.0% earlier in the session.
Dow: +192.58… | Nasdaq: +28.10… | S&P: +11.03…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1412/1203. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1760/986.

10:35AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities are beginning the day higher
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently +0.3% at 86.8544
Dollar index is currently +0.4% at 90.11
Looking at energy..
Mar WTI crude oil futures are now +$0.29 at $63.66/barrel
In other energy, Mar natural gas is -$0.04 at $2.67/MMBtu
Moving on to metals..
Apr gold is currently -$11.70 at $1328.50/oz, while Mar silver is +$0.04 at $16.29/oz
Mar copper is now +$0.06 at $3.07/lb

Dow: +193.26… | Nasdaq: +25.13… | S&P: +11.34…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1543/1066. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1850/878.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks are slightly below where they opened today's session, but are still in the green. The S&P 500 is up 0.5%.

The energy sector is the best-performing group with a gain of 1.5%, rallying alongside the price of crude oil; West Texas Intermediate crude futures are up 0.8% at $63.87 per barrel after trading roughly flat in pre-market action. The materials space is also strong, up 1.2%, despite a quarterly earnings miss from Monsanto (MON 117.35, +1.14).

In the Treasury market, issues are lower across the curve, pushing the benchmark 10-yr yield three basis points higher to 2.82%.
Dow: +166.48… | Nasdaq: +40.43… | S&P: +13.35…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1552/1079. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1769/877.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are higher, sporting gains between 0.5% and 0.7%.

In general, cyclical sectors are up this morning, and countercyclical sectors are down. The energy group shows particular strength, up 1.2%, while the rate-sensitive utilities space is the weakest performer with a loss of 0.7%.
Dow: +141.92… | Nasdaq: +39.34… | S&P: +10.43…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1665/920. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1797/775.

09:10AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +17.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +66.30.

The equity market is on course to open in the green, as the S&P 500 futures trade 17 points, or 0.6%, above fair value.

In corporate news, Facebook (FB 161.00, +5.90) is up 3.8% in pre-market trading after its CEO Mark Zuckerberg said he doesn't think the #deletefacebook movement has had a material impact, but Micron (MU 52.55, -0.84) is down 1.5% after director Mercedes Johnson disclosed the sale of 25,000 shares valued at approximately $1.26 million.

The February trade balance showed a deficit of $57.6 billion (Briefing.com consensus -$56.7 billion), while the January deficit was revised to $56.7 billion from $56.6 billion. Separately, the latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 242,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 225,000. Today's tally was above the revised prior week count of 218,000 (from 215,000). As for continuing claims, they declined to 1.808 million from a revised count of 1.872 million (from 1.871 million).

U.S. Treasuries didn't have much of a reaction to the data; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up two basis points at 2.81%, which is roughly where it stood ahead of the releases. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is up 0.3% at 90.05, gold futures are down 0.8% at $1329.40/oz, and WTI crude futures down 0.1% at $63.33/bbl.

08:50AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +17.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +64.00.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 17 points, or 0.6%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Thursday on a mostly higher note while markets in Hong Kong were closed for Ching Ming Festival. Markets in China were closed for Tomb Sweeping Day and will remain closed through tomorrow. Yonhap reported that South Korean chipmakers are unlikely to see direct or immediate impact from U.S. tariffs on imports from China. A separate press report speculated that North Korea may have shut down a nuclear reactor. The Reserve Bank of India made no changes to its policy stance.

In economic data:
Australia's March AIG Services Index 56.9 (last 54.0). February trade surplus AUD825 million (expected surplus AUD680 million; last surplus AUD952 million). February Imports 0.0% month-over-month (last -2.0%) and February Imports 0.0% (last 4.0%)
New Zealand's ANZ Commodity Price Index +1.2% month-over-month (last 2.8%)
Weekly foreign investment in Japanese Stocks JPY228.80 billion (last -JPY2.16 trillion)
India's March Nikkei Services PMI 50.3 (last 47.8)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei rose 1.5%. TOTO, Nippon Electric Glass, Yamaha, Kikkoman, Chugai Pharmaceutical, Fast Retailing, and Yamaha Motor posted gains between 2.5% and 3.9%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng was closed.
China's Shanghai Composite was closed.
India's Sensex climbed 1.8%, rising to a three-week high. Financials were among the leaders with SBI, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, AXIS Bank, IndusInd Bank, and Yes Bank rising between 2.4% and 4.7%. Tech consultants like Wipro, Tata Consultancy, and Infosys gained between 1.2% and 1.8%.

Major European indices trade higher across the board. In Italy, Partido Democratico reportedly does not expect to be involved in formation of the new government. Regional markets have had a good showing through the first half even though today's batch of economic data showed a pullback in Services PMI readings that was consistent with recent declines in Manufacturing PMI reports.

In economic data:
Eurozone February PPI +0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.0%; last 0.4%); +1.6% year-over-year (consensus 1.5%; last 1.6%). February Retail Sales +0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.6%; last -0.3%); +1.8% year-over-year (consensus 2.1%; last 1.5%). March Services PMI 54.9 (expected 55.0; last 55.0).
UK's March Services PMI 51.7 (expected 53.9; last 54.5)
Germany's March Services PMI 53.9 (expected 54.2; last 54.2). February Factory Orders +0.3% month-over-month (expected 1.6%; last -3.5%)
France's March Services PMI 56.9 (expected 56.8; last 56.8)
Italy's March Services PMI 52.6 (expected 53.9; last 55.0)
Spain's March Services PMI 56.2, as expected (last 57.3)
Swiss March CPI +0.4% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 0.4%); +0.8% year-over-year (expected 0.7%; last 0.6%)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE is higher by 1.6% with miners and financials showing relative strength. Anglo American, Glencore, Antofagasta, Rio Tinto, HSBC, Standard Life, and Prudential hold gains between 1.8% and 3.7%.
France's CAC has climbed 2.0% amid broad strength. ArcelorMittal has spiked 4.3% while other growth-sensitive names like Kering, Renault, TechnipFMC, and STMicroelectronics are up between 2.1% and 3.1%.
Germany's DAX trades up 2.3% with all 30 names in the green. ThyssenKrupp has jumped 2.9% while Adidas, Deutsche Bank, BASF, Infineon, Siemens, and Volkswagen hold gains between 1.9% and 2.9%.

08:34AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +15.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +62.00.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 16 points, or 0.6%, above fair value.

Just in, the latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 242,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 225,000. Today's tally was above the revised prior week count of 218,000 (from 215,000). As for continuing claims, they declined to 1.808 million from a revised count of 1.872 million (from 1.871 million).

Separately, the February trade balance showed a deficit of $57.6 billion (Briefing.com consensus -$56.7 billion). The January deficit was revised to $56.7 billion from $56.6 billion.

07:57AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +14.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +61.30.

Stocks are looking to extend a two-day rally this morning, as the S&P 500 futures are trading 15 points, or 0.6%, above fair value.

The S&P 500 has added 2.4% since settling a tick below its 200-day simple moving average on Monday. The index is now slightly higher for the week, up 0.1%, with the heavily-weighted health care sector (+0.8% WTD) dancing atop the week's sector standings. Industrials is the weakest sector with a modest loss of 0.3%.

Overseas, markets in Hong Kong and China were closed for holidays, while Japan's Nikkei advanced 1.5%. The major indices in Europe are trading solidly higher this morning, sporting gains between 1.5% and 2.2%, even though a batch of Services PMI readings showed a pullback consistent with recent Manufacturing PMI reports. The U.S. dollar has added 0.1% against the euro (1.2260) and 0.3% against the Japanese yen (107.07), pushing the U.S. Dollar Index up 0.2% to 89.98 -- a two-week high.

In Washington, House Republicans are drafting legislation to make the cuts to individual tax rates permanent, according to CNBC.

Investors will receive two pieces of economic data this morning, the Trade Balance for February (Briefing.com consensus -$56.7 billion) and weekly Initial Claims (Briefing.com consensus 255K), both of which will be released at 8:30 AM ET. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up three basis points at 2.82% ahead of the releases.

In U.S. corporate news:

Facebook (FB 160.68, +5.58): +3.6% after CEO Mark Zuckerberg said he doesn't think the #deletefacebook movement has had a material impact.
Micron (MU 52.75, -0.64): -1.2% after director Mercedes Johnson disclosed the sale of 25,000 shares valued at approximately $1.26 million.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Thursday on a mostly higher note while markets in Hong Kong were closed for Ching Ming Festival. Markets in China were closed for Tomb Sweeping Day and will remain closed through tomorrow. Japan's Nikkei +1.5%, India's Sensex +1.8%.
In economic data:
Australia's March AIG Services Index 56.9 (last 54.0). February trade surplus AUD825 million (expected surplus AUD680 million; last surplus AUD952 million). February Imports 0.0% month-over-month (last -2.0%) and February Imports 0.0% (last 4.0%)
New Zealand's ANZ Commodity Price Index +1.2% month-over-month (last 2.8%)
Weekly foreign investment in Japanese Stocks JPY228.80 billion (last -JPY2.16 trillion)
India's March Nikkei Services PMI 50.3 (last 47.8)
In news:
Yonhap reported that South Korean chipmakers are unlikely to see direct or immediate impact from U.S. tariffs on imports from China.
A press report speculated that North Korea may have shut down a nuclear reactor.
The Reserve Bank of India made no changes to its policy stance.

Major European indices trade higher across the board. UK's FTSE +1.5%, France's CAC +1.9%, Germany's DAX +2.2%.
In economic data:
Eurozone February PPI +0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.0%; last 0.4%); +1.6% year-over-year (consensus 1.5%; last 1.6%). February Retail Sales +0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.6%; last -0.3%); +1.8% year-over-year (consensus 2.1%; last 1.5%). March Services PMI 54.9 (expected 55.0; last 55.0).
UK's March Services PMI 51.7 (expected 53.9; last 54.5)
Germany's March Services PMI 53.9 (expected 54.2; last 54.2). February Factory Orders +0.3% month-over-month (expected 1.6%; last -3.5%)
France's March Services PMI 56.9 (expected 56.8; last 56.8)
Italy's March Services PMI 52.6 (expected 53.9; last 55.0)
Spain's March Services PMI 56.2, as expected (last 57.3)
Swiss March CPI +0.4% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 0.4%); +0.8% year-over-year (expected 0.7%; last 0.6%)
In news:
In Italy, Partido Democratico reportedly does not expect to be involved in formation of the new government.
Regional markets have had a good showing through the first half even though today's batch of economic data showed a pullback in Services PMI readings that was consistent with recent declines in Manufacturing PMI reports.

07:29AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +16.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +70.50.

07:04AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +12.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +52.50.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...21645.42...+325.90...+1.50%. Hang Seng...Holiday.........

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7122...+87.70...+1.30%. DAX...12183...+225.20...+1.90%.

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks fought through trade war fears on Wednesday to advance for the second session in a row. The S&P 500, which opened Wednesday with a loss of around 1.5%, finished higher by 1.2% at 2644.69. The Nasdaq and the Dow also opened solidly lower, but ended with gains of 1.5% and 1.0%, respectively, advancing to 7042.11 and 24264.30.

Newly unveiled tariff plans between the world's two largest economies left investors feeling a bit uneasy on Wednesday morning; the Trump administration announced a plan to impose tariffs of 25% on Chinese imports across 1,300 product categories worth $50 billion in total, and China retaliated by announcing a similar plan, calling for duties of 25% on American imports across 106 product categories -- including soybeans, planes, cars, and chemicals -- also worth approximately $50 billion in total. However, the realization that the tariffs have yet to be put in force provided some comfort to investors.

The specific turnaround point for the market came mid-morning when NEC Director Larry Kudlow told reporters that there is a chance that the China tariffs do not go into effect, emphasizing that President Trump wants to solve the China trade issue with the least amount of pain possible. Stocks began trimming losses immediately after the opening bell, eventually triggering some short-covering activity that further accelerated the upward move. The major averages finished near their best marks of the day.

10 of 11 S&P sectors closed Wednesday's session in positive territory, with seven adding more than 1.0%. The consumer discretionary sector (+1.8%) was the best-performing group, with just about all of its components finishing in the green. Amazon (AMZN 1410.57, +18.52) rallied 1.3%, while homebuilders showed particular strength after Lennar (LEN 62.82, +5.73) reported better-than-expected earnings for its fiscal first quarter; LEN shares jumped 10.0%, and the iShares U.S. Home Construction ETF (ITB 40.52, +1.80) added 4.7%.

The top-weighted technology (+1.4%) and financials (+1.1%) sectors performed in-line with, or slightly better than, the broader market, but the industrial space (+0.4%) underperformed, as names with a large exposure to China, including Dow component Boeing (BA 327.44, -3.38), struggled; BA shares lost 1.0%. The utilities space (+0.2%) also lagged, and the energy sector was the only group to finish in negative territory, shedding 0.1%.

U.S. Treasuries finished Wednesday on a mostly lower note, pushing yields a tick higher; the benchmark 10-yr yield climbed one basis point to 2.79%. Elsewhere, West Texas Intermediate crude futures declined 0.2% to $63.37/bbl, gold futures advanced 0.3% to $1340.60/oz, and the U.S. Dollar Index ticked down 0.1% to 89.80.

Reviewing Wednesday's economic data, which included the ADP Employment Report for March, the ISM Services Index for March, and Factory Orders for February:

The ADP National Employment Report showed an increase of 241,000 in March (Briefing.com consensus 203,000). The January reading was revised to 246,000 from 235,000.
This report should solidify expectations for another strong nonfarm payrolls number when the government releases the Employment Situation Report on Friday.
The ISM Services Index for March dipped to 58.8 (Briefing.com consensus 59.0) from an unrevised reading of 59.5 in February.
The key takeaway from the report is that the services sector is still growing nicely, albeit at a slightly slower pace than February.
The Factory Orders report for February showed an increase of 1.2% (Briefing.com consensus +1.8%). The January reading was revised to -1.3% from -1.4%.
The key takeaway from the report is that it revealed a rebound in business spending, evidenced by the 1.4% increase in orders for nondefense capital goods excluding aircraft.

On Thursday, investors will receive the Trade Balance for February (Briefing.com consensus -$56.7 billion) and weekly Initial Claims (Briefing.com consensus 255K).

Nasdaq Composite: +2.0% YTD
S&P 500: -1.1% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: -1.8% YTD
Russell 2000: -0.3% YTD

Dow: +230.94… | Nasdaq: +100.83… | S&P: +30.24…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 2183/738. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2014/917.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Emmett Moore via TheStrategyLab.com Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image The Strategy Lab: Valforex - The Manipulative Review Scam @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3676

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com