TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: March 27th Tuesday Price Action Trade Result Profit $3962.50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:57 am 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users Reviews, Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
032718-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+3962.50.png
032718-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+3962.50.png [ 74.9 KiB | Viewed 313 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $3,962.50 dollars or +79.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $3,962.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=178&t=2784

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades and price action analysis are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...review of TheStrategyLab is that this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading, software or computers. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=347&t=3682 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
032718-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png
032718-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png [ 1.96 MiB | Viewed 303 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets discussed by members of TheStrategyLab chat room or private thread discussions

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: -344.89… | Nasdaq: -211.73… | S&P: -45.93…
NASDAQ Vol: 2.30 bln… Adv: 675… Dec: 2274…
NYSE Vol: 935.6 mln… Adv: 933… Dec: 2009…

Moving the Market

Stocks struggle for direction following Monday's rebound

Top-weighted technology sector dives, leads broader market lower

Sector Watch
Strong: Industrials, Energy, Materials, Health Care, Consumer Staples, Utilities, Telecom Services, Real Estate
Weak: Technology, Consumer Discretionary, Financials

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities tried to extend Monday's rebound at the start of Tuesday's session, but ended up giving back the bulk of Monday's gains instead. Technology shares led the retreat, pushing the tech-heavy Nasdaq lower by 2.9%. The S&P 500 and the Dow finished with losses of 1.7% and 1.4%, respectively.

FAANG names -- Facebook (FB 152.19, -7.87), Amazon (AMZN 1497.05, -58.81), Apple (AAPL 168.34, -4.43), Netflix (NFLX 300.69, -19.66), and Alphabet (GOOG 1005.10, -48.11) -- dropped between 2.6% and 6.1% on Tuesday, while market darling NVIDIA (NVDA 225.52, -18.96) tumbled 7.8% after announcing that it has temporarily suspended autonomous driving tests in order to learn more about last week's fatal Uber crash. Tesla (TSLA 279.18, -25.00), which is a leader in autonomous driving technology, dropped 8.2%, and Twitter (TWTR 28.07, -3.84) tumbled 12.0% in reaction to some cautious commentary from Citron Research.

Unsurprisingly, the S&P 500's top-weighted technology sector, which houses most of the aforementioned names, finished at the bottom of Tuesday's sector standings with a loss of 3.5%. The second-most influential sector, financials, also underperformed, losing 2.0%, and the consumer discretionary sector, which houses Amazon, lost 1.9%.

In total, seven of eleven S&P groups finished Tuesday in negative territory. Less-risky countercyclical sectors like consumer staples (+0.1%), utilities (+1.5%), and telecom services (+0.5%) were the top performers. Real estate (+0.1%) also had a relatively strong session, benefitting from a decline in Treasury yields; investors increased their purchases of U.S. Treasuries amid the equity sell off, pushing the benchmark 10-yr yield six basis points lower to 2.79% -- a seven-week low.

The S&P 500 finished a step above its session low, closing about 25 points above its 200-day simple moving average (2587). The index was up 0.6% at its best mark of the day and down 2.4% at its worst.

Reviewing Tuesday's economic data, which was limited to the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for March and the S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index for January:

The consumer confidence reading for March decreased to 127.7 (Briefing.com consensus 129.5) from the prior month's revised reading of 130.0 (from 130.8)
The key takeaway from the report is that, outside of a slight moderation in business expectations, consumers have not reported major changes to their outlook.
The S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index for January increased 6.4%, which is slightly more than the Briefing.com consensus of +6.3%.

On Wednesday, investors will receive the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index at 7:00 AM ET, both the Advance International Trade in Goods report for February (Briefing.com consensus -$74.2 billion) and the third estimate for fourth quarter GDP (Briefing.com consensus 2.6%) at 8:30 AM ET, and Pending Home Sales for February (Briefing.com consensus +2.5%) at 10:00 AM ET.

Nasdaq Composite: +1.5% YTD
S&P 500: -2.3% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: -3.5% YTD
Russell 2000: -1.4% YTD

Dow: -344.89… | Nasdaq: -211.73… | S&P: -45.93…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 675/2274. …NYSE Adv/Dec 933/2009.

03:35PM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities ending the day flat
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are +0.01% at 87.2580
The dollar index is +0.4% at 88.97
Energy:
Mar WTI crude oil futures settled -$0.31 at $65.19/barrel on the day
In other energy, Mar natural gas settled +$0.05 (+1.9%) at $2.71/MMBtu
Metals:
Apr gold settled -$12.60 (-0.9%) at $1342.20/oz, while Mar silver settled -$0.14 to $16.54/oz
Mar copper settled +$0.03 at $3.00/lb

Dow: -444.44… | Nasdaq: -237.22… | S&P: -58.41…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 715/2232. …NYSE Adv/Dec 891/2038.

02:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks are at session lows moving into the final hour of trading. The tech-heavy Nasdaq is leading the retreat with a loss of 1.6%, while the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average show losses of 0.5% and 0.2%, respectively.

Looking ahead, tonight's earnings lineup is limited, with lululemon athletica (LULU 78.88, -1.45), Shoe Carnival (SCVL 25.62, +0.23), and Sonic (SONC 25.64, +0.85) being the most notable names. Walgreens Boot Alliance (WBA 66.46, -1.01) will deliver its quarterly results on Wednesday morning.

As for economic data, Advance International Trade in Goods for February (Briefing.com consensus -$74.2 billion), the third estimate of fourth quarter GDP (Briefing.com consensus +2.6%), and Pending Home Sales for February (Briefing.com consensus +2.5%) will be released tomorrow morning.
Dow: -45.38… | Nasdaq: -115.23… | S&P: -15.01…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 706/1470. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1327/1572.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The broader market is still split on the session as the Dow Jones Industrial Average continues to trim its lead.

Checking on the S&P 500 sectors we see the majority are trading above yesterday's close with the utilities (+2.0%), real estate (+1.5%), and telecom services (+1.5%) sectors displaying relative strength. On the flip side, the heavily-weighted information technology (-1.5%) and financial (-0.4%) sectors are showing weakness.

In currencies, the greenback shows gains of 0.3% against the euro (1.2406), and about 0.5% against the pound (1.4158), leaving the US Dollar Index higher by about +0.4% to 88.95.
Dow: +58.10… | Nasdaq: -109.87… | S&P: -3.56…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 759/1519. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1382/1500.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Nasdaq Composite recently hit its lows of the day, down now about 1.1% on under-performance out of the technology sector. The Dow and the S&P are little changed since the last update.

Trading in the utility (+1.7%) space has been notably strong today. Outperforming the broader market, constituents Duke Energy (DUK 76.96, +1.04), Dominion Energy (D 69.22, +1.12), Exelon (EXC 38.50, +0.40), and Edison (EIX 63.09, +1.08) sport gains between 1.1% and 1.8%.

The yield on the benchmark 10-Year Treasury note is down about three basis points to 2.803% in recent trade.

Elsewhere, gold futures for April delivery settled lower for the first time in five sessions, down $12.60, to $1342.20/oz.
Dow: +101.14… | Nasdaq: -70.84… | S&P: +1.73…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 858/1492. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1480/1367.

01:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices remain mostly higher in midday trading, despite the Nasdaq Composite seeing a notable divergence lower, led by a sharp decline in technology.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that General Electric (GE 13.65, +0.76), Nike (NKE 67.48, +1.58), & Procter & Gamble (PG 77.87, +1.46) are outperforming. GE is the best performing Dow component amid unsubstantiated market speculation that legendary investor Warren Buffett could be accumulating a stake. In an interview held earlier this year, Buffett suggested that his firm, Berkshire Hathaway, could look at GE at 'the right number'. At that time, GE shares were trading just under $19.

Conversely, Microsoft (MSFT 92.90, -0.88) is the worst-performing Dow component as shares cool off following yesterday's 8% rally.

With a two-day rally to kick off the trading week, the DJIA has trimmed its March losses to 2.7%.

Elsewhere, at the top of the hour, the Treasury's $35 bln 5-year auction drew a high yield of 2.612% on a bid-to-cover of 2.50.
Dow: +180.94… | Nasdaq: -26.60… | S&P: +9.01…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1030/1396. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1635/1217.

01:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are mixed at midday following a choppy first half of Tuesday's trading session. The S&P 500 is up 0.2%, weighed down by the underperformance of technology shares, while the Dow is up 0.7%, and the tech-heavy Nasdaq is down 0.4%.

10 of 11 S&P 500 sectors are up this afternoon, with the one exception being the top-weighted technology group (-0.6%). The tech sector, which represents around a quarter of the broader market, is being led lower by some influential names like Facebook (FB 155.74, -4.32), Alphabet (GOOG 1038.00, -15.21), Netflix (NFLX 312.49, -7.89), and NVIDIA (NVDA 233.86, -10.70), all of which hold losses of at least 1.4%. NVIDIA shows particular weakness, down 4.2%, after announcing it has suspended autonomous driving tests following a fatal accident in Arizona.

Twitter (TWTR 29.31, -2.60) is also solidly lower, down 8.2%, following some cautious commentary from Citron Research.

On a positive note, the 10 advancing sectors hold gains between 0.3% and 1.2%. The industrial sector trades comfortably ahead of the broader market, up 0.7%, with Dow component General Electric (GE 13.59, +0.71) leading the charge. GE shares are up 5.5%, rebounding from a nine-year low, amid speculation that a notable investor may take a stake in the company.

Meanwhile, the rate-sensitive utilities sector (+1.2%) is trading at the very top of today's sector standings as Treasury yields decline across the curve; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note has declined three basis points to 2.81%, hitting a seven-week low.

In earnings news, Red Hat (RHT 156.93, +3.84) is up 2.5% after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues for the fourth quarter and issuing mostly upbeat guidance; the software company raised its revenue guidance for the first quarter and raised both its earnings and revenue guidance for fiscal year 2019.

Reviewing today's economic data, which was limited to the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for March and the S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index for January:

The consumer confidence reading for March decreased to 127.7 (Briefing.com consensus 129.5) from the prior month's revised reading of 130.0 (from 130.8)
The key takeaway from the report is that, outside of a slight moderation in business expectations, consumers have not reported major changes to their outlook.
The S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index for January increased 6.4%, which is slightly more than the Briefing.com consensus of +6.3%.

Dow: +166.69… | Nasdaq: -27.47… | S&P: +8.32…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1084/1367. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1668/1175.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities continue to trade near session highs, with the S&P 500 sporting a gain of 0.5%.

The top-weighted technology sector (-0.1%) is today's worst-performing group. Within the sector, several FANG names, including Facebook (FB 156.67, -3.39), Alphabet (GOOG 1042.22, -10.99), and Netflix (NFLX 316.28, -4.07) hold losses between 1.1% and 2.1%. Twitter (TWTR 29.53, -2.38) shows particular weakness, down 7.2%, following some negative commentary from Citron Research.

In Europe, the major bourses finished Tuesday solidly higher, adding between 1.0% and 1.6% apiece.
Dow: +199.65… | Nasdaq: -9.47… | S&P: +11.24…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1186/1355. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1718/1104.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have jumped to new session highs in recent trading, with no notable catalyst to credit for the move. The Dow is up 0.9%, while the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq sport gains of 0.6% and 0.3%, respectively.

The heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.7%) is among the top-performing groups today, extending its two-day gain to 4.0%. JPMorgan Chase (JPM 111.45, +1.14) and Citigroup (C 70.47, +0.70) are up more than 1.0% apiece, while Bank of America (BAC 30.56, +0.12) and Wells Fargo (WFC 52.48, +0.19) each sport gains of around 0.5%.

Lenders have advanced despite a decline in Treasury yields, which typically doesn't bode well for the sector. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is currently down two basis points at 2.82%.
Dow: +213.90… | Nasdaq: +18.22… | S&P: +14.00…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1343/1222. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1693/1115.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities continue to struggle for direction this morning, keeping the major averages near their unchanged marks.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average is up modestly (+0.3%), helped by the outperformance of General Electric (GE 13.45, +0.56). GE shares have advanced 4.4% today, rebounding from a nine-year low, amid speculation that a notable investor may take a stake in the company. Shares of the industrial giant have suffered over the last 13 months, losing around 55.0% of their value; for comparison, the benchmark S&P 500 has advanced around 12.5% over the same period of time.

In currencies, the U.S. dollar has climbed 0.4% against the euro (1.2399), 0.6% against the British pound (1.4146), and 0.3% against the Japanese yen (105.72), putting the U.S. Dollar Index at 89.02 (+0.4%).
Dow: +71.04… | Nasdaq: -21.23… | S&P: -0.05…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 958/1658. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1261/1519.

11:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market is drifting near Monday's closing levels, with the S&P 500 up just 0.1%.

Seven S&P sectors are trading in the green -- financials (+0.1%), consumer discretionary (+0.2%), industrials (+0.1%), materials (+0.2%), consumer staples (+0.2%), utilities (+0.4%), and telecom services (+0.4%) -- while four are trading in the red -- energy (-0.1%), technology (-0.1%), health care (-0.1%), and real estate (-0.2%).

U.S. Treasuries have been ticking higher this morning, pushing yields lower across the curve; the benchmark 10-yr yield is down two basis points at 2.82%.
Dow: +107.17… | Nasdaq: -4.09… | S&P: +2.45…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1127/1507. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1281/1468.

10:30AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities are beginning the day higher
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently +0.1% at 87.3463
Dollar index is currently +0.5% at 89.11
Looking at energy...
Mar WTI crude oil futures are now -$0.02 at $65.53/barrel
In other energy, Mar natural gas is +$0.02 at $2.68/MMBtu
Moving on to metals...
Apr gold is currently -$13.00 at $1342.00/oz, while Mar silver is -$0.15 at $16.54/oz
Mar copper is now +$0.02 at $2.99/lb

Dow: +16.03… | Nasdaq: -4.39… | S&P: -2.61…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1176/1451. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1304/1425.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages dipped to their flat lines in recent trading, but have since returned to their opening levels. The S&P 500 is up 0.2%.

Just in, the consumer confidence reading for March decreased to 127.7 (Briefing.com consensus 129.5) from the prior month's revised reading of 130.0 (from 130.8).
Dow: +43.18… | Nasdaq: +20.97… | S&P: +4.27…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1271/1378. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1225/1422.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are modestly higher, sporting gains of around 0.3% apiece.

More than half of the 11 S&P sectors are trading in the green this morning. The top-weighted technology (+0.4%) and financials (+0.3%) sectors are among the strongest groups for the second consecutive session, while the lightly-weighted real estate sector (-0.7%) is the weakest space.

As a reminder, the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 129.5) will be released at 10:00 AM ET.
Dow: +67.70… | Nasdaq: +22.18… | S&P: +4.38…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1315/1281. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1284/1299.

09:15AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +7.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +45.30.

The stock market looks poised for a higher open, as the S&P 500 futures are trading eight points, or 0.3%, above fair value.

Yesterday's upbeat tone, which was helped by reports that the U.S. and China have started negotiating to improve American access to Chinese markets, has carried over into pre-market trading this morning. The major averages reclaimed over a third of last week's losses on Monday, adding between 2.7% and 3.3% apiece.

In corporate news, Red Hat (RHT 163.50, +10.41) is up 6.8% in pre-market action after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues for the fourth quarter and issuing mostly upbeat guidance; the software company raised its revenue guidance for the first quarter and raised both its earnings and revenue guidance for fiscal year 2019.

Meanwhile, U.S. Treasuries are mostly higher this morning, pushing yields a tick lower; the benchmark 10-yr yield is down one basis point at 2.83%.

Investors received the S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index for January a few moments ago -- the index came in slightly higher than expected, showing a month-over-month increase of 6.4% (Briefing.com consensus +6.3%). Today's last economic report, the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 129.5), will be released at 10:00 AM ET.

08:50AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +12.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +57.80.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 12 points, or 0.5%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a broadly higher note. The People's Bank of China fixed the yuan at its highest level since 2015, though the currency backed off its best level of the day. In Australia, iron ore miner Fortescue has lowered its price outlook, signaling reduced demand from China. A poll conducted by Asahi showed 48% of respondents in support of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's resignation in the wake of the land deal scandal. North Korea's Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un reportedly visited Beijing ahead of an expected summit with U.S. President Trump. This marked the first time that an active North Korean ruler stepped foot outside of the hermit country.

In economic data:
Japan's Corporate Services Price Index +0.6% year-over-year (expected 0.7%; last 0.7%). BoJ Core CPI +0.8% year-over-year (expected 0.7%; last 0.8%)
South Korea's March Consumer Confidence 108 (last 108)
Australia's February HIA New Home Sales -0.7% month-over-month (last -2.1%)
Hong Kong's trade deficit HKD42.70 billion (prior -HKD31.90 billion). February Imports -3.2% month-over-month (last 23.8%) and February Exports +1.7% month-over-month (last 18.1%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei jumped 2.4% amid broad strength. Toho Zinc, Showa Denko, Komatsu, Secom, TOTO, Denso, Taisei, Ebara, Yamaha Motor, Furukawa, Isuzu Motor, Toyota Motor, Honda Motor, TDK, and Suzuki Motor posted gains between 3.3% and 7.0%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng gained 0.8%. China Unicom Hong Kong spiked 6.2% while Apple supplier AAC Technologies rallied 4.7%. Financials like Bank of China, ICBC, Hang Seng Bank, and China Life Insurance posted gains between 0.9% and 1.9%.
China's Shanghai Composite rose 1.1%. Shanghai Chinafortune, Beijing Bashi Media, Shanghai Sanmao Enterprise, Hundsun Technologies, and Sinomach Automobile advanced between 9.0% and 10.0%.
India's Sensex added 0.3%. Financials were among the leaders with SBI, IndusInd Bank, AXIS Bank, and ICICI Bank rising between 0.9% and 3.0%. Tech consultants were mixed as Tata Consultancy rose 1.0% while Wipro and Infosys lost 0.5% and 0.1%, respectively.

Major European indices trade higher across the board. The European Securities Markets Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority have taken steps to prohibit binary options trading and reduce leverage allowed in CFD transactions. A couple of ECB members commented on expectations for monetary policy. Lithuania's Vitas Vasiliauskas said that a deeper discussion on policy changes is likely in June and that a rate hike in mid-2019 is likely. Meanwhile, Finland's Erkki Liikanen warned about tightening too soon, adding that the bond buying program remains open-ended.

In economic data:
Eurozone March Business and Consumer Survey 112.6 (expected 113.4; last 114.2). February M3 Money Supply +4.2% year-over-year (expected 4.6%; last 4.6%) and Private Sector Loans +2.9% year-over-year (expected 3.0%; last 2.9%)
Germany's February Import Price Index -0.6% month-over-month (expected -0.3%; last 0.5%); -0.6% year-over-year (consensus -0.3%; last 0.7%)
Italy's March Consumer Confidence 117.5 (expected 115.0; last 115.7) and Business Confidence 109.1 (expected 110.0; last 110.4)
Spain's March CPI +0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.3%; last 0.1%); +1.2% year-over-year (consensus 1.5%; last 1.1%)

---Equity Markets---

France's CAC is higher by 1.4% amid broad strength. Defense contractors Safran and Airbus Group show respective gains of 2.9% and 2.4% while STMicroelectronics, TechnipFMC, Societe Generale, Renault, BNP Paribas, and Credit Agricole are up between 1.6% and 3.0%.
Germany's DAX trades up 1.8%. Infineon has jumped 3.4% while BMW, Volkswagen, and Daimler hold gains between 2.1% and 2.5%. Financials Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank are both up near 1.3%.
UK's FTSE has climbed 1.9%. Drugmakers GlaxoSmithKline, Shire, and AstraZeneca have gained between 2.4% and 5.1% while consumer names like Dixons Carphone, Carnival, InterContinental Hotels, and Burberry show gains between 1.0% and 2.5%.

08:26AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +14.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +63.80.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 14 points, or 0.5%, above fair value.

Investors will receive two economic reports today, but neither report is expected to have much impact on trading. The S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index for January (Briefing.com consensus 6.3%) will be released at 9:00 AM ET, while the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 129.5) will cross the wires at 10:00 AM ET.

Tonight's earnings calendar is pretty light as well, with lululemon athletica (LULU), Shoe Carnival (SCVL), and Sonic (SONC) being the only notable names.

07:56AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +13.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +62.50.

U.S. equities look ready to extend yesterday's rebound this morning, as the S&P 500 futures are trading 13 points, or 0.5%, above fair value.

Technology and financial shares led a broad rally on Monday, which saw the major U.S. stock indices reclaim more than a third of last week's losses, adding between 2.7% and 3.3% apiece. A Wall Street Journal report, released over the weekend, that the U.S. and China have started negotiating to improve American access to Chinese markets has helped ease fears of a potential trade war -- which were elevated after the White House announced tariffs on Chinese imports last week, prompting Beijing to retaliate with tariffs of its own.

Overseas, equity markets in Asia marched higher on Tuesday, with Japan's Nikkei (+2.4%) leading the charge, and the major bourses in Europe are currently trading higher across the board, holding gains between 1.4% and 1.9%. In Asia, North Korea's Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un reportedly visited Beijing ahead of an expected summit with U.S. President Donald Trump, marking the first time an active North Korean ruler has stepped foot outside the country.

U.S. Treasuries are modestly lower this morning, pushing yields higher across the curve; the benchmark 10-yr yield is up one basis point at 2.85%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is up 0.5% at 89.05, West Texas Intermediate crude futures are up 0.6% at $65.91 per barrel, and gold is down 0.7% at $1,346.20 per oz, retreating from a five-week high.

Investors will receive two economic reports today -- the S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index for January (Briefing.com consensus 6.3%) and the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 129.5) -- which will be released at 9:00 AM ET and 10:00 AM ET, respectively. However, neither report is expected to have much impact on trading.

In U.S. corporate news:

Red Hat (RHT 161.00, +7.91): +5.2% after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues for Q4 and issuing mostly upbeat guidance.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a broadly higher note. Japan's Nikkei +2.4%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.8%, China's Shanghai Composite +1.1%, India's Sensex +0.3%.
In economic data:
Japan's Corporate Services Price Index +0.6% year-over-year (expected 0.7%; last 0.7%). BoJ Core CPI +0.8% year-over-year (expected 0.7%; last 0.8%)
South Korea's March Consumer Confidence 108 (last 108)
Australia's February HIA New Home Sales -0.7% month-over-month (last -2.1%)
Hong Kong's trade deficit HKD42.70 billion (prior -HKD31.90 billion). February Imports -3.2% month-over-month (last 23.8%) and February Exports +1.7% month-over-month (last 18.1%)
In news:
The People's Bank of China fixed the yuan at its highest level since 2015, though the currency backed off its best level of the day.
In Australia, iron ore miner Fortescue has lowered its price outlook, signaling reduced demand from China.
A poll conducted by Asahi showed 48% of respondents in support of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's resignation in the wake of the land deal scandal.
North Korea's Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un reportedly visited Beijing ahead of an expected summit with U.S. President Trump. This marked the first time that an active North Korean ruler stepped foot outside of the hermit country.

Major European indices trade higher across the board. France's CAC +1.4%, Germany's DAX +1.9%, UK's FTSE +1.9%.
In economic data:
Eurozone March Business and Consumer Survey 112.6 (expected 113.4; last 114.2). February M3 Money Supply +4.2% year-over-year (expected 4.6%; last 4.6%) and Private Sector Loans +2.9% year-over-year (expected 3.0%; last 2.9%)
Germany's February Import Price Index -0.6% month-over-month (expected -0.3%; last 0.5%); -0.6% year-over-year (consensus -0.3%; last 0.7%)
Italy's March Consumer Confidence 117.5 (expected 115.0; last 115.7) and Business Confidence 109.1 (expected 110.0; last 110.4)
Spain's March CPI +0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.3%; last 0.1%); +1.2% year-over-year (consensus 1.5%; last 1.1%)
In news:
The European Securities Markets Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority have taken steps to prohibit binary options trading and reduce leverage allowed in CFD transactions.
A couple of ECB members commented on expectations for monetary policy. Lithuania's Vitas Vasiliauskas said that a deeper discussion on policy changes is likely in June and that a rate hike in mid-2019 is likely. Meanwhile, Finland's Erkki Liikanen warned about tightening too soon, adding that the bond buying program remains open-ended.

06:56AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +14.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +62.80.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...21317...+551.20...+2.40%. Hang Seng...30791...+242.10...+0.80%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7020.37...+131.70...+1.90%. DAX...12008.16...+220.90...+1.90%.

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks rebounded on Monday, reclaiming around two fifths of last week's decline, with technology and financial shares leading the charge. The S&P 500 advanced 2.7% to 2658.55, the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 2.8% to 24202.60, the Nasdaq Composite climbed 3.3% to 7220.54, and the Russell 2000 rose 2.2% to 1543.72.

The market opened on a solidly higher note following a Sunday report from the Wall Street Journal that the U.S. and China have started negotiating to improve American access to Chinese markets -- which helped ease fears of a trade war in the shadow of last week's tariff announcement; President Trump announced last Thursday that the U.S. will impose tariffs of up to $60 billion on Chinese imports, an act that was followed by threats of retaliation from Beijing.

However, the positive energy soon faded following the opening bell and was replaced with a feeling of nervousness, as it looked like the market might roll over; within the first two hours of trading, the S&P 500 trimmed its opening gain of 1.8% to just 0.5%. Luckily for the bulls, the benchmark index reversed course around the 2600 mark and kept climbing through the closing bell. The major averages finished the session at their best marks of the day.

Each of the S&P 500's 11 sectors advanced on Monday, with gains ranging between 0.9% and 4.0%. The top-weighted technology (+4.0%) and financials (+3.2%) sectors provided leadership throughout the session, bouncing back from last week's highly disappointing performances. Within the tech space, Microsoft (MSFT 93.78, +6.60) soared 7.6% after Morgan Stanley raised its target price from $110 to $130 -- a new Street high. Chipmakers also outperformed, evidenced by the 4.2% increase in the PHLX Semiconductor Index, and Apple (AAPL 172.77, +7.83) jumped 4.8%.

Conversely, Facebook (FB 160.06, +0.67) held the tech space's gain in check, rising just 0.4%, after the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) confirmed that it has opened a non-public investigation into the company's privacy practices following the Cambridge Analytica data scandal. The social media giant was down as much as 6.5% on Monday, touching a nine-month low, before bouncing back.

In other corporate news, home improvement retailer Lowe's (LOW 89.30, +5.53) rallied 6.6% after announcing that its CEO, Robert Niblock, will retire after 13 years at the helm, and Finish Line (FINL 13.83, +3.28) spiked 31.1% after agreeing to be acquired by UK-based JD Sports Fashion for $13.50 per share in cash; that represents a premium of 28.0% from Friday's closing price. The total value of the deal is worth approximately $558 million.

The lightly-weighted utilities, consumer staples, telecom services, and real estate groups -- most of which are countercyclical -- were the worst-performing sectors on Monday, but still finished with gains between 0.9% and 1.4%. Meanwhile, the consumer discretionary sector (+2.9%) finished behind technology and financials at the top of the sector standings, led by internet retail giant Amazon (AMZN 1555.86, +60.30), which advanced 4.0%.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries ended Monday on a mostly lower note, pushing yields higher across the curve; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note ticked up one basis point to 2.84%. The 2-yr yield advanced three basis points to 2.29% following a $30 billion 2-yr note auction that drew a high yield of 2.31% on a bid-to-cover of 2.91.

Investors did not receive any notable economic data on Monday, but will receive two reports -- the S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index for January (Briefing.com consensus 6.3%) and the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 129.5) -- on Tuesday morning.

Nasdaq Composite: +4.6% YTD
S&P 500: -0.6% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: -2.1% YTD
Russell 2000: +0.5% YTD

Dow: +669.40… | Nasdaq: +227.88… | S&P: +70.29…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 2119/856. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2276/685.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Emmett Moore via TheStrategyLab.com Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image The Strategy Lab: Valforex - The Manipulative Review Scam @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3676

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com