TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: March 19th Monday Price Action Trade Result Profit $6125.00
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:18 am 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users Reviews, Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
031918-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+6125.00.png
031918-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+6125.00.png [ 74.25 KiB | Viewed 325 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $6,125.00 dollars or +122.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $6,125.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=178&t=2778

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades and price action analysis are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...review of TheStrategyLab is that this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=347&t=3682 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
031918-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png
031918-TheStrategyLab-Chat-Room-Key-Markets.png [ 1.15 MiB | Viewed 338 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets discussed by members of TheStrategyLab

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: -335.60… | Nasdaq: -137.74… | S&P: -39.09…
NASDAQ Vol: 2.30 bln… Adv: 803… Dec: 2146…
NYSE Vol: 863.4 mln… Adv: 646… Dec: 2344…

Moving the Market

Technology shares underperform; Facebook (FB) tumbles after disclosing that Cambridge Analytica mined the data of some 50 million users without their permission

S&P 500 drops below its 50-day simple moving average (2748)

Sector Watch
Strong: Financials, Industrials, Consumer Staples, Utilities, Telecom Services, Real Estate
Weak: Energy, Technology, Health Care

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] U.S. equities took a beating on Monday, with declining issues outnumbering advancing issues nearly four to one on the New York Stock Exchange. The S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 1.4% apiece, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite lost 1.8% as technology shares underperformed.

Facebook (FB 172.56, -12.53) was the center of attention following weekend reports that research firm Cambridge Analytica gained inappropriate access to data on 50 million Facebook users. The alleged incident sent Facebook shares lower by 6.8% and was met with cries for greater regulation on data collection--which, in turn, weighed on fellow data collectors like Alphabet (GOOG 1099.82, -35.91, -3.2%), Twitter (TWTR 34.98, -0.60, -1.7%), and Snap (SNAP 16.42, -0.59, -3.5%).

Unsurprisingly, the technology sector--which is the most influential of the 11 S&P sectors, representing around a quarter of the broader market--finished at the bottom of the sector standings with a loss of 2.1%. The energy (-1.7%) and health care (-1.7%) sectors were the next-worst performers, while the financials (-0.9%) and industrials (-0.8%) groups showed relative strength, finishing at the top of the day's leaderboard.

The major averages were lower at the start of Monday's session, with the S&P 500 immediately dropping below its 50-day simple moving average (2748). Selling steadily drove the market lower into the afternoon, but a late bout of buying helped make things look somewhat better by the close. At its best mark of the day, the S&P 500 was down 0.4% and, at its worst, held a loss of 2.1%. The Nasdaq was down 2.6% at its session low, while the Dow never lost more than 2.0%.

U.S. Treasuries didn't receive much buying interest despite the equity sell off, with the benchmark 10-yr yield finishing unchanged at 2.84%. However, the defensive disposition was evident in the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 19.43, +0.62), which spiked 25%, hitting a two-week high.

With no economic data due until midweek, investors turned their attention to the Fed's rate decision, which will be released on Wednesday afternoon. The market is all but certain that the central bank will raise rates, but the Fed's policy directive will still be highly influential as it will contain updated economic and rate hike projections.

Nasdaq Composite: +6.4% YTD
S&P 500: +1.5% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: -0.4% YTD
Russell 2000: +2.3% YTD

Dow: -335.60… | Nasdaq: -137.74… | S&P: -39.09…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 803/2146. …NYSE Adv/Dec 646/2344.

03:40PM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities ending the day lower
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are 1% at 86.5238
The dollar index is -0.4% at 89.40
Energy:
Mar WTI crude oil futures settled -$0.29 at $62.06/barrel on the day
In other energy, Mar natural gas settled -$0.04 at $2.65/MMBtu
Metals:
Apr gold settled +$5.40 at $1317.60/oz, while Mar silver settled +$0.03 to $16.33/oz
Mar copper settled -$0.03 at $3.08/lb

Dow: -375.79… | Nasdaq: -156.32… | S&P: -44.25…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 739/2210. …NYSE Adv/Dec 530/2410.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages enter the final hour of trading a step above their session lows. The S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average are down nearly 1.7% apiece, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite shows a loss of 2.3%.

There's been limited demand for U.S. Treasuries despite the equity sell off, leaving yields near their unchanged marks; the benchmark 10-yr yield is flat at 2.84%. Gold is modestly higher, up 0.5% at $1,318/oz, while the Japanese yen, which is also considered a safe-haven asset, is slightly higher against the U.S. dollar, up 0.1% at 105.95.

Looking ahead, Oracle (ORCL 51.78, -0.48) will headline a small batch of earnings following the closing bell.
Dow: -403.07… | Nasdaq: -167.55… | S&P: -47.33…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 638/1383. …NYSE Adv/Dec 465/2465.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices haven't changed much since our last update. The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite is still the worst performer, shedding about 2.3%.

All eleven S&P 500 sectors are in the red, led by information technology (-2.4%), health care (-1.9%), energy (-1.7%), and consumer discretionary (-1.5%).

Semis display relative weakness today with names like NVIDIA (NVDA 238.70, -11.77), Qualcomm (QCOM 58.18, -2.43), and Broadcom (AVGO 244.06, -10.81) posting losses of worse than 4%. The space sees pressure after a sell-side shop this morning suggested their Apple (AAPL 174.31, -3.71, -2.1%) supply chain checks hadn't yet signaled a bottom for iPhone expectations.

The PHLX Semiconductor Index (SOX 1384.18, -38.36, -2.7%) is at its worst levels since March 5, down 2.6% today.
Dow: -397.43… | Nasdaq: -174.67… | S&P: -45.95…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 627/1498. …NYSE Adv/Dec 458/2477.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Selling continues in recent trade, continually pushing the major averages to lows as the benchmark index now shows losses of about 1.7%.

Gold futures for April delivery settled up $5.50 (+0.4%) to $1,317.80, recouping Friday's losses. The yellow metal is getting a boost from weakness in the dollar as the U.S. Dollar Index falls about 0.34 (-0.4%) to 89.86.

In Europe the major bourses closed Monday lower with the FTSE down 1.7%, the DAX down 1.4%, and the CAC losing about 1.1%. This morning, the UK and the EU announced the two had reached a Brexit transition agreement. The British pound is up about 0.8% against the dollar to 1.4049 in recent trade.
Dow: -423.59… | Nasdaq: -175.39… | S&P: -48.44…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 576/1635. …NYSE Adv/Dec 439/2490.

01:40PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are under meaningful pressure to start the trading week, driven in part by a 7% slump in shares of Facebook (FB 172.27, -12.82).

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Caterpillar (CAT 151.37, -5.09), Goldman Sachs (GS 259.90, -7.70), & DowDuPont (DWDP 66.08, -1.88) are underperforming.

Conversely, Coca-Cola (KO 43.37, -0.09) is the best-performing Dow component as consumer staples display relative strength in contrast to broader market weakness.

With today's sharp pullback, the DJIA is now down 2.11% this month.
Dow: -428.40… | Nasdaq: -184.68… | S&P: -50.30…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 506/1789. …NYSE Adv/Dec 369/2563.

01:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Technology shares have led a broad retreat on Wall Street today that's put the S&P 500 about 40 points below its 50-day simple moving average (2749). The benchmark index is down 1.5%, which is a step below the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-1.3%), but several steps ahead of the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite (-2.2%).

Facebook (FB 171.70, -13.40) is among the worst-performing components in the S&P 500, down 7.3%, following news that data-mining firm Cambridge Analytica harvested the data of 50 million Facebook users without their consent. That revelation has prompted concerns about the lack of disclosure from Facebook and, in turn, fueled a louder cry for data regulation. Fellow data collector Alphabet (GOOGL 1095.80, -38.62) is down 3.5%, and Apple (AAPL 174.25, -3.77) is lower by 2.1% amid renewed concerns over iPhone demand.

In addition, news that the European Union is set to propose a 3% tax on digital revenue this week has been a headwind for the information technology sector--which, in addition to being the largest S&P sector by market cap, is today's worst-performing group with a loss of 2.7%.

All 11 S&P sectors are trading in the red. Outside of technology, energy (-1.8%), consumer discretionary (-1.6%), materials (-1.6%), and health care (-1.7%) are the weakest groups, while the lightly-weighted consumer staples (-0.5%), utilities (-0.5%), and telecom services (-0.6%) sectors are the strongest.

Without any economic data to digest today or tomorrow, investors have turned their attention to Wednesday's rate decision from the Fed. The market is all but certain that the central bank will raise rates, but the Fed's policy directive will still be highly influential as it will contain updated economic and rate hike projections.
Dow: -367.91… | Nasdaq: -165.52… | S&P: -43.46…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 579/1815. …NYSE Adv/Dec 440/2475.

12:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Selling has picked up over the last 30 minutes, pushing the S&P 500 (-1.6%) to a new session low.

In Europe, the major bourses hold losses of more than 1.0% apiece, with the UK's FTSE (-1.7%) leading the retreat. The European Union is set to propose a 3% tax on digital revenue this week and announced on Friday that it will counter U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminium imports with duties on a range of U.S. products.

Meanwhile, U.S. Treasuries have reclaimed all of their earlier losses, returning to Friday's closing levels. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr note is flat at 2.84%, while the 2-yr yield is also unchanged, hovering at 2.29%.
Dow: -325.97… | Nasdaq: -161.28… | S&P: -41.55…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 624/1890. …NYSE Adv/Dec 492/2426.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices haven't changed much since the last update; the Nasdaq is down 2.1%, while the S&P 500 and the Dow show respective losses of 1.3% and 1.1%.

Countercyclical sectors like consumer staples (-0.2%), utilities (-0.1%), and telecom services (-0.2%) have held up relatively well today. However, their impact is pretty minimal considering they represent just a little more than 10% of the broader market combined. For comparison, the top-weighted technology sector, which is down 2.5%, represents around 25% of the broader market by itself.

Within the consumer staples space, Dow components Procter & Gamble (PG 79.49, +0.52) and Coca-Cola (KO 43.62, +0.16) are up 0.7% and 0.3%, respectively, while the world's largest retailer--Walmart (WMT 87.72, -1.45)--is down 1.6%.
Dow: -281.51… | Nasdaq: -158.26… | S&P: -36.59…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 605/2010. …NYSE Adv/Dec 518/2363.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks continue falling this morning, with the S&P 500 extending its loss to 1.2%.

Including today's decline, the S&P 500 has lost 2.4% over the last six sessions. The index is now about 30 points, or 1.1%, below its 50-day simple moving average (2749) and about 150 points, or 5.6%, below the record high (2873) it posted on January 26.

The top-weighted technology sector has lost 2.1% today, trimming its March gain to just 0.3%. The sector is still the top-performing group of 2018 though, sporting a year-to-date gain of 7.8%; for comparison, the S&P 500 is up 1.8% year to date.
Dow: -264.54… | Nasdaq: -132.02… | S&P: -31.63…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 613/2061. …NYSE Adv/Dec 511/2342.

11:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have extended their opening losses; the S&P 500 is now down 1.0% after opening with a loss of around 0.6%.

10 of 11 S&P sectors are trading in the red. Technology (-1.8%) is leading the retreat, followed by the energy (-1.3%) and materials (-1.2%) groups. The utilities sector (unch) is the strongest group, while the seven remaining sectors hold losses between 0.2% and 0.9%.

In the bond market, Treasury yields have come down from their session highs, but are still up across the curve. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr note is up one basis point at 2.85%, and the 2-yr yield is also up one basis point, hovering at 2.30%.
Dow: -241.42… | Nasdaq: -116.95… | S&P: -28.11…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 653/2047. …NYSE Adv/Dec 525/2303.

10:30AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities are beginning the day lower
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently -0.8% at 86.6451
Dollar index is currently -0.2% at 89.60
Looking at energy...
Mar WTI crude oil futures are now -$0.13 at $62.28/barrel
In other energy, Mar natural gas is -$0.04 (-1.6%) at $2.65/MMBtu
Moving on to metals...
Apr gold is currently unch at $1312.30oz, while Mar silver is also unch at $16.27/oz
Mar copper is now -$0.03 at $3.08/lb

Dow: -183.72… | Nasdaq: -81.02… | S&P: -19.63…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 716/1983. …NYSE Adv/Dec 632/2165.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The tech-heavy Nasdaq is the weakest of the three major indices, down 0.9%, as technology shares underperform.

Facebook (FB 175.71, -9.41) is pacing the technology retreat after disclosing over the weekend that Cambridge Analytica mined the data of some 50 million users without their permission. Cambridge Analytica is a data mining and analysis firm that worked on Facebook ads for President Trump during his 2016 election campaign.

Shares of the social media giant are currently down 5.1%, hovering at a two-week low.
Dow: -179.68… | Nasdaq: -69.51… | S&P: -18.10…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 827/1893. …NYSE Adv/Dec 650/2060.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are lower, with the S&P 500 showing a loss of 0.6%.

Nearly all of the 11 S&P sectors are trading in the red. The top-weighted technology group (-1.3%) is the weakest performer, while the financials (unch), telecom services (unch), and consumer staples (+0.1%) sectors are the best-performing groups.
Dow: -126.70… | Nasdaq: -72.16… | S&P: -15.01…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 712/1944. …NYSE Adv/Dec 650/1992.

09:10AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -13.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -81.00.

Stocks are on course for a lower open, as the S&P 500 futures are trading 13 points, or 0.5%, below fair value.

Shares of Facebook (FB 177.40, -7.69) are down 4.2% in pre-market trading after the social media giant disclosed that Cambridge Analytica, which worked on Facebook ads for President Trump during the 2016 presidential election, mined the data of some 50 million users without their permission.

Facebook's weakness has weighed on the tech-heavy Nasdaq futures, which are down 81 points or 1.1%.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are broadly lower, pushing yields higher across the curve; the benchmark 10-yr yield is up three basis points at 2.87%, while the 2-yr yield is up two basis points at 2.31%, which marks its highest level since September 2008.

Investors will not receive any economic data today or tomorrow, giving them ample time to prepare for the Fed's rate decision on Wednesday. The market is all but certain that the Fed will decide to raise rates, with the CME FedWatch Tool placing the chances of a rate hike at 94.4%.

In addition, the Fed will release updated economic/interest rate projections on Wednesday, and Fed Chair Jerome Powell will hold a press conference.

08:50AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -12.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -78.50.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 13 points, or 0.5%, below fair value.

Asian markets were on the mixed side of things on Monday. Japan's Nikkei (-0.9%) was a notable laggard, succumbing to selling pressure on the back of increased political uncertainty and a weaker than expected trade report for February that was attributed mainly to the effects of the Lunar New Year holiday in China. China's Shanghai Composite, though, increased 0.3%, overcoming reports that fewer cities (44 out of 70) saw higher new home prices versus the prior month (52 out of 70).

In other news, polls are reportedly showing a drop in support for Prime Minister Abe following the school property scandal. In China, U.S.-educated Yi Gang was nominated to replace Zhou Xiaochuan as Governor of the People's Bank of China and Liu Kun was nominated to be the new Finance Minister.

In economic data:
Japan's February Exports +1.8% year-over-year (expected +1.9%; last +12.3%); Imports +16.5% year-over-year (expected +17.1%; last +7.9%)
China's February House Price Index +5.2% year-over-year (last +5.0%)
Hong Kong's February Unemployment Rate 2.9% (last 2.9%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei declined 0.9% after having been down as much as 1.4%. Losses were paced by Sony (-4.2%), Yaskawa Electric (-3.8%), Nissan Chemical Industries (-2.9%), Konica Minolta (-2.8%), and Nikon Corp (-2.8%). Astellas Pharma (+3.6%) was the biggest gainer and one of only four stocks that gained at least 1.0% in Monday's trade.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng edged up 0.04%, having surrendered nearly all of an earlier 0.5% gain. China Merchants Port Holdings, Galaxy Entertainment, Ping An Insurance, and Sunny Optical Technology Group gained between 2.0% and 2.7%, yet those gains were offset by losses of 2.1% to 2.4% for Sino Land, Country Garden Holdings, Power Assets, and China Shenhua Energy, respectively.
China's Shanghai Composite increased 0.3% and finished close to its highs for the day. Beijing AriTime Intelligent Control (+10.0%) led all of the winners while Cultural Investment Holdings (-10.0%) sat atop the list of losers.
India's Sensex declined 0.8% and closed near its lows for the session. The weakness was driven by losses in Tata Steel (-4.2%), Bharti Airtel (-4.2%), Wipro (-2.6%), and Yes Bank (-2.6%). Only a small grouping of stocks ended higher. Power Grid (+1.1%) and NTPC (+1.0%) were the only components to gain at least 1.0%.

European bourses are on the defensive, weighed down by trade concerns that were magnified by the EU publishing two lists of retaliatory U.S. tariffs that totaled EUR 6.4 bln. Part A of those lists could impose tariffs of as much as 25% at any time on products that are worth EUR 2.8 bln. Separately, expectations of an eventual policy shift by the ECB have dampened buying interest as ECB members Weidmann, Villeroy, and Knot all reportedly acknowledged a belief that inflation will hit the ECB's target. The euro, nonetheless, is down 0.08% against the dollar at 1.2281. The Federal Reserve is expected to raise the fed funds rate on Wednesday; meanwhile, the Bank of England meets on Thursday.

In other news, Vladimir Putin won his re-election bid in a landslide vote and will serve another six-year term as president.

In economic data:
Italy's January Industrial Production -1.9% month-over-month (expected -0.5%; last +2.1%); +4.0% year-over-year (expected +1.9%; last +5.4%)
Eurozone's January Trade Balance EUR 3.3 bln (expected EUR 22.6 bln; last EUR 25.4 bln)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE is down 1.3%, weighed down by losses in most of its components but none more so than Micro Focus (-54.9%). The latter company's stock has plunged following a 2018 revenue warning and the news its CEO has quit. Miners Anglo American (-2.6%), BHP Billiton (-2.6%), and Rio Tinto (-2.5%) are notable laggards as well. Conversely, Barclays (+4.6%) is among the handful of winners following the news that Sherbone bought the voting rights of 5.16% of the bank's outstanding share capital.
Germany's DAX is down 0.7% with all but four stocks - Fresenius, Muench Rueckvers, Adidas, and Heidelbergcement - showing a loss. Henkel VZO (-3.1%) sits atop the list of losers followed by Continental (-1.1%), Deutsche Telekom (-1.2%), and Linde (-1.3%).
France's CAC is down 0.5%. Societe Generale (+2.0%) is the only component up more than 1.0%. Losses are being paced by ArcelorMittal (-1.8%), Technip FMC (-1.2%), Michelin (-1.7%), and Total (-1.5%).

08:27AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -13.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -77.30.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 13 points, or 0.5%, below fair value.

Outside of the equity market, the U.S. Dollar Index is down 0.3% at 89.56, West Texas Intermediate crude futures are down 0.2% at $62.28 per barrel, gold futures are flat at $1,311.90/oz, the CBOE Volatility Index is up 7.2% at 16.94, and bitcoin is up 7.2% at $8,293.

U.S. Treasuries are broadly lower, pushing yields higher across the curve; the benchmark 10-yr yield is up four basis points at 2.88%.

08:00AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -15.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -91.40.

Equities look ready to extend last week's losses this morning, as the S&P 500 futures are trading 15 points, or 0.6%, below fair value.

Social media giant Facebook (FB) is showing particular weakness, down 3.5% in pre-market trading, after disclosing that Cambridge Analytica, which worked on Facebook ads for President Trump during the 2016 presidential election, mined the data of some 50 million users without their permission.

Overseas, equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region opened the week mixed, with Japan's Nikkei losing 0.9% and China's Shanghai Composite adding 0.3%, while the major bourses in Europe are broadly lower, weighed down by trade concerns that were magnified by the EU publishing two lists of retaliatory U.S. tariffs that totaled EUR 6.4 billion.

U.S. Treasuries are under pressure this morning, pushing yields higher across the curve; the benchmark 10-yr yield is up two basis points at 2.86%, and the 2-yr yield is also up two basis points, hovering at 2.31%, which marks its highest level since September 2008.

Investors will not receive any economic data today or tomorrow, giving them ample time to prepare for the Fed's rate decision on Wednesday. The market is all but certain that the Fed will decide to raise rates on Wednesday, with the CME FedWatch Tool placing the chances of a rate hike at 94.4%.

In U.S. corporate news:

Facebook (FB 178.60, -6.49): -3.5% after disclosing that Cambridge Analytica mined the data of some 50 million users without their permission.
Newell Brands (NWL 30.10, +1.44): +5.0% after agreeing to appoint activist investor Carl Icahn's four nominees to its board.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets were on the mixed side of things on Monday. Japan's Nikkei -0.9%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng unch, China's Shanghai Composite +0.3%, India's Sensex -0.8%.
In economic data:
Japan's February Exports +1.8% year-over-year (expected +1.9%; last +12.3%); Imports +16.5% year-over-year (expected +17.1%; last +7.9%)
China's February House Price Index +5.2% year-over-year (last +5.0%)
Hong Kong's February Unemployment Rate 2.9% (last 2.9%)
In news:
In Japan, polls are reportedly showing a drop in support for Prime Minister Abe following the school property scandal.
In China, U.S.-educated Yi Gang was nominated to replace Zhou Xiaochuan as Governor of the People's Bank of China and Liu Kun was nominated to be the new Finance Minister.

European bourses are on the defensive. UK's FTSE -1.3%, Germany's DAX -0.9%, France's CAC -0.7%.
In economic data:
Italy's January Industrial Production -1.9% month-over-month (expected -0.5%; last +2.1%); +4.0% year-over-year (expected +1.9%; last +5.4%)
Eurozone's January Trade Balance EUR 3.3 bln (expected EUR 22.6 bln; last EUR 25.4 bln)
In news:
Stocks have been weighed down by trade concerns that were magnified by the EU publishing two lists of retaliatory U.S. tariffs that totaled EUR 6.4 bln. Part A of those lists could impose tariffs of as much as 25% at any time on products that are worth EUR 2.8 bln.
Expectations of an eventual policy shift by the ECB have dampened buying interest as ECB members Weidmann, Villeroy, and Knot all reportedly acknowledged a belief that inflation will hit the ECB's target.
Vladimir Putin won his re-election bid in a landslide vote and will serve another six-year term as president.

06:54AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -14.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -97.00.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...21481...-195.60...-0.90%. Hang Seng...31514...+11.80...+0.00%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7074.18...-90.00...-1.30%. DAX...12275.04...-114.50...-0.90%.

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Wall Street wrapped up a disappointing week on a positive note on Friday, in what was a quiet and fairly range-bound session. The S&P 500 advanced 0.2%, breaking a four-session losing streak, while the Dow and the small-cap Russell 2000 added 0.3% and 0.6%, respectively. The tech-heavy Nasdaq underperformed, closing a tick higher.

Gains were modest, but broad, with nine of eleven S&P sectors closing in the green. The energy group (+1.0%) was the top performer, benefiting from a jump in the price of crude oil; WTI crude futures rallied 2.0% to $62.35 per barrel. Conversely, the top-weighted technology sector (-0.1%) finished at the bottom of the leaderboard.

The technology group struggled for much of the session, keeping the broader market's gain in check, with Broadcom (AVGO 254.87, -12.89) showing particular weakness; the chipmaker dropped 4.8% even though it beat quarterly profit estimates. Tech-giant Alphabet (GOOGL 1134.42, -16.19) also struggled, losing 1.4%, but Adobe Systems (ADBE 225.55, +6.68) bucked the trend, rallying 3.1% after beating both earnings and revenue estimates for its fiscal first quarter.

Overseas, equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Friday broadly lower, with Japan's Nikkei losing 0.6%, while the major bourses in Europe finished with gains of around 0.3% apiece. The U.S. dollar climbed 0.2% against the euro to 1.2287, but dropped 0.2% against the yen to 106.08.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries closed the week on a lower note, sending yields higher across the curve. The benchmark 10-yr yield climbed two basis points to 2.84%, while the 2-yr yield ticked up one basis point to 2.29%, which is its highest level since September 2008.

The relative weakness in the 10-yr note steepened the yield curve a bit, pushing the 10-2 spread to 55 basis points. This steepening helped underpin the financial sector (+0.2%) on Friday, but a decline in shares of Wells Fargo (WFC 55.90, -0.93) weighed on the group, leaving it roughly in line with the broader market. WFC shares lost 1.6% following a Wall Street Journal report that a federal investigation into the bank's sales practices now includes its wealth-management unit.

Investors received several pieces of economic data on Friday, including February Housing Starts and Building Permits, February Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization, the preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for March, and the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey for January:

Housing starts decreased to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 1.236 million units in February (Briefing.com consensus 1.283 million), down from a revised 1.329 million units in January (from 1.326 million). Building permits decreased to a seasonally adjusted 1.298 million in February (Briefing.com consensus 1.330 million) from a revised 1.377 million in January (from 1.396 million).
Starts and permits were weaker than expected, yet the key takeaway is that there was some underlying detail in the report that helped offset the headline misses, namely the increase in single-family starts and the uptick in the number of units under construction.
Industrial Production increased 1.1% in February (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%), while the January reading was revised to -0.3% (from -0.1%). Meanwhile, Capacity Utilization ticked up to 78.1% (Briefing.com consensus 77.7%) from a revised reading of 77.4% in January (from 77.5%).
The key takeaway from the report is twofold: (1) manufacturing output was a core driver of the increase in industrial production and (2) capacity utilization hit its highest rate since January 2015, which will keep inflation expectations alive in the market narrative.
The preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for March rose to 102.0 (Briefing.com consensus 99.5) from 99.7 in February.
The key takeaway from the report is that the gain in the Sentiment Index was driven entirely by households with incomes in the bottom third. Another notable takeaway is that near-term inflation expectations increased to their highest level in several years.
The January Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey showed that job openings increased to 6.312 million from a revised 5.667 million (from 5.811 million) in December.

On Monday, investors will not receive any economic data.

Nasdaq Composite: +8.4% YTD
S&P 500: +2.9% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: +0.9% YTD
Russell 2000: +3.3% YTD

Week In Review: Three Steps Forward, Two Steps Back

Equities reversed course this week, undoing about a third of last week's rally, as investors continued to search for equilibrium following the abrupt sell off in early February. Since that drop, the S&P 500 has had three up weeks and two down weeks, reclaiming around 60% of its nearly 300-point plunge. The S&P 500 lost 1.2% this week, while the Nasdaq Composite and the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.0% and 1.5%, respectively.

Trade war talk continued this week following reports that President Trump is seeking to hit China with steep tariffs and investment restrictions as early as next week. Those tariffs, which are expected to total as much as $60 billion, would initially be targeted towards information technology, telecommunications, and consumer electronic products as punishment for alleged intellectual property theft, but could eventually expand to a broader range of products.

The proposed tariffs were cited as the primary driver of this week's sell off, as many believe they could lead to a tit-for-tat trade war between the world's two largest economies. Peter Navarro, Director of the White House National Trade Council, attempted to ease the tariff-induced fears in a CNBC interview on Thursday, assuring viewers that the U.S. can implement tariffs "in a way that is peaceful and will improve and strengthen the trading system."

In other political developments, the White House made some notable personnel changes this week--CIA Director Mike Pompeo replaced Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State, and longtime CNBC personality Larry Kudlow replaced Gary Cohn, who resigned last week, as the president's top economic advisor--and the New York Times reported on Thursday that Special Counsel Robert Mueller has subpoenaed the Trump Organization for documents, some of which relate to Russia.

Nine of eleven S&P sectors finished the week in negative territory, with materials (-3.2%) being the weakest performer. Materials giant Monsanto (MON) dropped 4.8% on Thursday following news that its pending merger with Bayer will likely face additional hurdles from antitrust officials.

Meanwhile, the consumer staples (-2.1%), industrials (-2.0%), and financials (-2.4%) sectors also showed particular weakness. Financials suffered amid a flattening of the yield curve, which doesn't bode well for lenders, as they rely on the difference between what they spend on deposits and what they charge for loans. The yield on the 2-yr note climbed three basis points to 2.29%, while the benchmark 10-yr yield dropped six basis points to 2.84%, cutting the 10-2 spread to 55 bps--its lowest level since late January.

On a positive note, the rate-sensitive utilities (+2.6%) and real estate (+1.3%) sectors finished the week in the green.

Investors received several influential economic reports this week, including the February readings for the Consumer Price Index, the Producer Price Index, Retail Sales, Housing Starts, and Building Permits. In short, the data didn't really give investors a reason to adjust their rate-hike expectations; it's all but certain that the Fed will hike rates at its meeting next week, and the Fed funds futures market is still pointing towards a total of three rate hikes this year--although the chances for a fourth hike are sitting at 34.3%.

Dow: +72.85… | Nasdaq: +0.25… | S&P: +4.68…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1812/1086. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1975/972.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Emmett Moore via TheStrategyLab.com Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image The Strategy Lab: Valforex - The Manipulative Review Scam @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3676

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com