TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: March 15th Thursday Price Action Trade Result - No Trades
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:40 am 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users Reviews, Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Quote:
No trades today for me but you can read the below "Today's Trade Logs" to read the trade performance of other users in the chat room. As a reminder, you can join the chat room and watch it all in real-time but you'll need to post your own real-time trades too because the purpose of the free chat room is to be a trade journal of your trades & analysis...not a signal calling trade room.

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $0.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=178&t=2776

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades and price action analysis are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...review of TheStrategyLab is that this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=347&t=3682 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets discussed by members of TheStrategyLab

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: +115.54… | Nasdaq: -15.07… | S&P: -2.15…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.97 bln… Adv: 1263… Dec: 1657…
NYSE Vol: 813.6 mln… Adv: 1086… Dec: 1814…

Moving the Market

Stocks hit new lows following NYT report that Special Counsel Robert Mueller subpoenaed President Trump's business in recent weeks for documents, some of which relate to Russia

S&P 500 finds support near its 50-day simple moving average (2478)

Sector Watch
Strong: Industrials, Financials, Technology
Weak: Energy, Materials, Consumer Staples

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks initially tried to move higher on Thursday, then lower, but the S&P 500 ultimately ended the session little changed, losing 0.1%. The Nasdaq Composite and the Russell 2000 also finished lower, losing 0.2% and 0.5%, respectively, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average outperformed, advancing 0.5%.

The S&P 500 was slightly higher through the first hour of trading, sitting just above its 50-day simple moving average, but jumped to new highs following a CNBC interview with Peter Navarro, Director of the White House National Trade Council. Mr. Navarro tried to ease fears that the recently imposed tariffs, and future ones, could lead to a trade war, saying that the U.S. can implement them "in a way that is peaceful and will improve and strengthen the trading system." The upbeat sentiment didn't last long though, as the S&P 500 quickly returned to its previous levels.

From there, the equity market trended sideways into the afternoon and then dropped to new lows following the release of a New York Times report that Special Counsel Robert Mueller subpoenaed the Trump Organization for documents, some of which relate to Russia. Buyers didn't let the S&P 500 drop too far below its 50-day simple moving average though, keeping technical damage to a minimum.

The S&P 500 was down 0.3% at its worst mark of the day and was up 0.5% at its best. The 11 S&P sectors finished mostly lower, with three advancing and eight declining. The industrial sector (+0.3%) was the top performer, while materials (-1.3%), consumer staples (-0.6%), and energy (-0.4%) finished at the bottom of the sector standings.

Monsanto (MON 117.20, -5.95) weighed on the materials space, losing 4.8%, after reports that its pending merger with Bayer will face additional hurdles from antitrust officials. Meanwhile, in the consumer staples group, Walmart (WMT 87.51, -0.16) dropped sharply following reports that a former executive filed a lawsuit against the company, alleging that it issued misleading e-commerce results, but shares were able to bounce back to finish lower by just 0.2%.

News that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has revised its policies so that master limited partnerships (MLPs) will no longer be able to recover an income tax allowance for the cost of service weighed on the energy space, with Williams Companies (WMB 26.69, -1.45) losing 5.2%.

In earnings news, Dollar General (DG 93.44, +4.24) rallied 4.8% after reporting an increase of 3.3% in same store sales for the fourth quarter and issuing better-than-expected earnings and revenue guidance for fiscal year 2019.

The Treasury market walked a fairly quiet line on Thursday, with the exception of the 2-yr note, which saw sellers making some noise that drove its yield up three basis points to 2.28%. The benchmark 10-yr yield finished unchanged at 2.82%, leaving the 10-2 spread at 54 basis points, which is its lowest level since late January.

Investors received a large batch of economic data on Thursday that included export and import prices for February, the weekly Initial Claims report, the Empire State Manufacturing Survey for March, the Philadelphia Fed Index for March, and the NAHB Housing Market Index for March:

Import prices excluding oil rose 0.5% in February after increasing a revised 0.5% in January (from 0.4%). Export prices excluding agriculture increased 0.2% in February after rising a revised 0.8% in January (from 0.9%).
The price index for fuel imports was down 0.6% in February, so the key takeaway from the report is that the import price increase was driven by nonfuel prices, which is to be expected somewhat given the weakness in the dollar.
The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 226,000, as expected. Today's tally was below the revised prior week count of 230,000 (from 231,000). As for continuing claims, they rose to 1.879 million from a revised count of 1.875 million (from 1.870 million).
The key takeaway from the report is that the initial claims level will continue to drive expectations for another solid gain in nonfarm payrolls in March.
The Empire Manufacturing Survey for March rose to 22.5 (Briefing.com consensus 15.0) from the prior month's unrevised reading of 13.1.
The Philadelphia Fed Survey for March decreased to 22.3 (Briefing.com consensus 23.7) from an unrevised 25.8 in February.
The key takeaway from the report is that 64% of firms reported labor shortages while 70% of firms highlighted skills mismatches between requirements and available labor. These responses could be a potential harbinger of wage inflation.
The NAHB Housing Market Index for March decreased to 70 (Briefing.com consensus 72) from a revised reading of 71 in February (from 72).

On Friday, investors will get another heavy dose of data, including February Housing Starts (Briefing.com consensus 1283K) and Building Permits (Briefing.com consensus 1330K), February Industrial Production (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) and Capacity Utilization (Briefing.com consensus 77.7%), the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey for January, and the preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 99.5).

Nasdaq Composite: +8.4% YTD
S&P 500: +2.8% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: +0.6% YTD
Russell 2000: +2.7% YTD

Dow: +115.54… | Nasdaq: -15.07… | S&P: -2.15…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1263/1657. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1086/1814.

03:35PM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities ending lower, WTI oil ends with modest gain
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are -0.4% at 87.3169
The dollar index is +0.4% at 90.11
Energy:
Mar WTI crude oil futures settled +$0.21 at $61.16/barrel on the day
In other energy, Mar natural gas settled -$0.05 at $2.68/MMBtu
Precious metals:
Apr gold settled -$7.90 at $1317.70/oz, while Mar silver settled -$0.03 to $16.43/oz
Mar copper settled -$0.03 at $3.13/lb

Dow: +146.35… | Nasdaq: -8.56… | S&P: +1.45…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1220/1688. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1049/1859.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (-0.1%) is hovering a tick below its 50-day simple moving average (2748) with one hour left to go in today's session. Meanwhile, the Dow is up 0.3%, looking for its first win of the week, and the Nasdaq Composite is lower by 0.4%.

There's a handful of notable companies on tonight's earnings docket, including technology giants Broadcom (AVGO 266.22, +5.63) and Adobe Systems (ADBE 218.70, +0.26) and cosmetic retailer Ulta Beauty (ULTA 201.79, -0.19). Then, on Friday, Tiffany & Co (TIF 101.40, +0.38) and Buckle (BKE 18.12, -0.07) will release their latest results ahead of the opening bell.

As for economic data, investors will receive several reports on Friday, including February Housing Starts (Briefing.com consensus 1283K) and Building Permits (Briefing.com consensus 1330K), February Industrial Production (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) and Capacity Utilization (Briefing.com consensus 77.7%), the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey for January, and the preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 99.5).
Dow: +113.48… | Nasdaq: -17.71… | S&P: -2.32…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1080/1598. …NYSE Adv/Dec 972/1950.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Major averages have moved to session lows after reports surfaced that Special Counsel Robert Mueller has subpoenaed the Trump Organization to produce certain documents, including some with relation to Russia. This is the first time Mr. Mueller has directly requested documents from the Trump Organization.

The S&P 500 is toying with its 50-day simple moving average (2748), down now about 0.1%.

The US dollar displays strength against both the euro and the pound. The greenback has added about 0.4% against the euro (1.2320), and is about 0.1% higher against the pound (1.3953). The US Dollar Index is up about 0.23 (+0.3%) at 90.02, slightly off today's highs.

In corporate news, a report from a whistle blower alleges Walmart (WMT 87.03, -0.63, -0.7%) mislead investors relating to its e-commerce results. The heavily-weighted Dow component recently slipped below its 200-day simple moving average (87.68).
Dow: +79.76… | Nasdaq: -26.12… | S&P: -4.46…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1083/1613. …NYSE Adv/Dec 963/1951.

01:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hold onto their mixed trade with the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite down 0.1%.

Gold futures for April delivery settled at their worst levels since March 1, giving up $7.80 (-0.6%) to $1317.80/oz. Gold stocks are generally weaker today with names like Newmont Mining (NEM 37.60, -0.58), Randgold Resources (GOLD 83.56, -1.14), and Goldcorp (GG 13.36, -0.07) all posting losses worse than 0.5% thus far. Bucking the trend lower in gold, B2Gold (BTG 2.95, +0.09, +3.3%) reported a mixed Q4 this morning and gave certain production guidance for its mines.

In Europe, most major bourses closed Thursday in positive territory. The German DAX and the French CAC posted gains of 0.9% and 0.7%, respectively. The UK's FTSE closed the session up about 0.1%.
Dow: +182.65… | Nasdaq: -25.20… | S&P: +1.61…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1121/1581. …NYSE Adv/Dec 980/1906.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are mostly mixed at this time despite the Dow Jones Industrial Average currently up 0.7% on the day.

A look inside the DJIA shows that McDonald's (MCD 161.83, +3.59), UnitedHealth Group (UNH 228.97, +3.59), & IBM (IBM 160.57, +2.45) are outperforming.

Conversely, Intel (INTC 51.26, -0.60) is the worst-performing Dow component as shares fall in the wake of yesterday's relative strength.

For the week, the DJIA is currently down 1.54%.
Dow: +169.79… | Nasdaq: -10.17… | S&P: +1.05…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1261/1469. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1092/1783.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 is slightly higher this afternoon, up 0.1%, hoping to hold on for its first win of the week. Meanwhile, the Nasdaq Composite trades flat and the Dow Jones Industrial Average trades higher by 0.9% after lagging behind the other major indices earlier in the week. The benchmark S&P 500 has been in the green since bouncing off its 50-day simple moving average (2748) early in the session, and, at its best mark of the day, was up 0.5%.

S&P sectors are pretty evenly split between green and red this afternoon, with six trading in the green and five trading in the red. The financials (+0.3%), technology (+0.3%), and industrials (+0.4%) sectors are the strongest groups, while the energy (-0.8%) and materials (-0.7%) spaces are the weakest.

The energy sector has struggled following news that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission revised its policies so that master limited partnerships (MLPs) will no longer be able to recover an income tax allowance for the cost of service. Meanwhile, Monsanto (MON 118.33, -4.82) has weighed on the materials space, losing 3.9%, after reports that its pending merger with Bayer will face additional hurdles from antitrust officials.

In other corporate news, Dollar General (DG 92.98, +3.78) is up 4.2% after reporting an increase of 3.3% in same store sales for the fourth quarter and issuing better-than-expected earnings and revenue guidance for fiscal year 2019. Conversely, toymakers Mattel (MAT 13.83, -0.36) and Hasbro (HAS 87.44, -1.08) have slid 2.6% and 1.2%, respectively, following news that Toys 'R' Us plans to liquidate its U.S. operations.

Peter Navarro, the Director of the White House National Trade Council, appeared on CNBC this morning, attempting to calm fears over a potential trade war. Equities rallied to new session highs following the conclusion of his interview, but came back down shortly thereafter.

In the bond market, Treasuries have slipped into negative territory after trading a tick higher earlier in the session. The benchmark 10-yr yield, which moves inversely to the price of the 10-yr Treasury note, is currently up one basis point at 2.83%. Meanwhile, the 2-yr yield is up four basis points at 2.29%.

Investors received a large batch of economic data on Thursday that included export and import prices for February, the weekly Initial Claims report, the Empire State Manufacturing Survey for March, the Philadelphia Fed Index for March, and the NAHB Housing Market Index for March:

Import prices excluding oil rose 0.5% in February after increasing a revised 0.5% in January (from 0.4%). Export prices excluding agriculture increased 0.2% in February after rising a revised 0.8% in January (from 0.9%).
The price index for fuel imports was down 0.6% in February, so the key takeaway from the report is that the import price increase was driven by nonfuel prices, which is to be expected somewhat given the weakness in the dollar.
The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 226,000, as expected. Today's tally was below the revised prior week count of 230,000 (from 231,000). As for continuing claims, they rose to 1.879 million from a revised count of 1.875 million (from 1.870 million).
The key takeaway from the report is that the initial claims level will continue to drive expectations for another solid gain in nonfarm payrolls in March.
The Empire Manufacturing Survey for March rose to 22.5 (Briefing.com consensus 15.0) from the prior month's unrevised reading of 13.1.
The Philadelphia Fed Survey for March decreased to 22.3 (Briefing.com consensus 23.7) from an unrevised 25.8 in February.
The key takeaway from the report is that 64% of firms reported labor shortages while 70% of firms highlighted skills mismatches between requirements and available labor. These responses could be a potential harbinger of wage inflation.
The NAHB Housing Market Index for March decreased to 70 (Briefing.com consensus 72) from a revised reading of 71 in February (from 72).

Dow: +209.56… | Nasdaq: +1.15… | S&P: +3.89…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1284/1462. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1077/1766.

12:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are trading near their recent levels, with the S&P 500 sporting a gain of 0.2%.

The lightly-weighted materials sector (-0.7%) is underperforming today, weighed down by Monsanto (MON 117.25, -6.90), which has dropped 4.1% following news that its pending merger with Bayer will face additional hurdles from antitrust officials.

Meanwhile, the energy sector (-0.6%) is also struggling after the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission revised its policies so that master limited partnerships (MLPs) will no longer be able to recover an income tax allowance for the cost of service.
Dow: +230.42… | Nasdaq: +2.74… | S&P: +5.67…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1312/1436. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1135/1696.

12:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 has trimmed its gain to 0.3% over the last 30 minutes, while the Dow continues to trade about 1.0% above its flat line.

Dollar General (DG 94.60, +5.40) has jumped 6.1% today after issuing better-than-expected earnings and revenue guidance for fiscal year 2019. In addition, the company reported a 3.3% increase in same store sales for the fourth quarter, announced a 12% quarterly dividend increase, and said it will add $1 billion to its share repurchase program.

Conversely, toymakers Mattel (MAT 13.77, -0.40) and Hasbro (HAS 87.51, -1.02) have slid 2.9% and 1.2%, respectively, following news that Toys 'R' Us is liquidating its U.S. business.
Dow: +240.26… | Nasdaq: +13.00… | S&P: +6.47…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1409/1333. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1217/1621.

11:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have ticked up to new session highs in recent action, pushing the S&P 500 up 0.5%.

The uptick was preceded by a CNBC interview of Peter Navarro, who is the Director of the White House National Trade Council. Mr. Navarro pointed out that the U.S. has the lowest tariffs in the world among major trading partners and said that Wall Street should "relax" regarding the Trump administration's view on trade.

Financials and industrials, which have struggled so far this week amid fears of a trade war, have jumped to the top of today's sector standings in recent trading. The two groups currently sport gains of 0.5% and 0.8%, respectively.
Dow: +285.66… | Nasdaq: +23.99… | S&P: +12.34…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1531/1201. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1431/1358.

11:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average are up 0.1% and 0.4%, respectively, while the Nasdaq Composite is hovering at its unchanged mark.

Sector movement has been limited this morning; nine of eleven groups are currently holding gains/losses of no more than 0.2%. The utilities (+0.7%) and telecom services (+0.4%) sectors are the strongest groups, while the materials space (-0.2%) is the weakest.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries have kept within a pretty tight range. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr note is down one basis point at 2.81%.
Dow: +108.63… | Nasdaq: +7.45… | S&P: +4.92…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1295/1414. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1251/1503.

10:35AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities are beginning the day lower
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently -0.5% at 87.2094
Dollar index is currently +0.2% at 89.88
Looking at energy...
Mar WTI crude oil futures are now +$0.16 at $61.12/barrel
In other energy, Mar natural gas sold off and fell to a new low for the day following the weekly EIA storage data, which showed a smaller-than-expected draw
Apr nat gas is now -$0.04 (-1.4%) at $2.70/MMBtu
Moving on to metals...
Apr gold is currently -$7.00 at $1318.70/oz, while Mar silver is -$0.13 at $16.41/oz
Mar copper is now -$0.03 at $3.12/lb

Dow: +93.71… | Nasdaq: +3.42… | S&P: +4.14…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1202/1459. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1169/1563.

10:05AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue to drift near their unchanged marks.

Just in, the NAHB Housing Market Index for March decreased to 70 (Briefing.com consensus 72) from a revised reading of 71 in February (from 72).
Dow: +63.06… | Nasdaq: -5.48… | S&P: +1.63…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1180/1513. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1188/1479.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are drifting near their flat lines.

More than half of the S&P sectors are trading in the green, but gains have been limited; outside of energy (+0.6%) and utilities (+0.6%), no group is up more than 0.3%. The technology and industrials sectors are the weakest performers with losses of around 0.2% apiece.

As a reminder, the NAHB Housing Market Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 72) will be released at 10:00 AM ET.
Dow: +10.80… | Nasdaq: -10.26… | S&P: +0.12…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1357/1251. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1444/1142.

09:10AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -2.80.

Stocks are on track for a slightly higher start to today's session, as the S&P 500 futures are trading three points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

Investors received a large batch of economic data this morning that included export and import prices for February, the weekly Initial Claims report, the Empire State Manufacturing Survey for March, and the Philadelphia Fed Index for March:

Today's last piece of economic data, the NAHB Housing Market Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 72), will cross the wires at 10:00 AM ET.

U.S. Treasuries had a largely muted reaction to the data and are still trading mixed; the yield on the 10-yr Treasury note is down one basis point at 2.81%, while the 2-yr yield is up one basis point at 2.26%. This morning's move cuts the 2yr-10yr spread to 55 basis points, which is nine bps below last Friday's closing level.

In corporate news, Dollar General (DG 96.17, +6.97) is up 7.8% in pre-market trading after reporting an increase of 3.3% in same store sales and raising its guidance for fiscal year 2019. Meanwhile, Alexion (ALXN 135.40, +12.72) has spiked 10.5% after its experimental blood disorder drug, ALXN1210, met the main goal in a late-stage study.

08:50AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -2.30.

The S&P 500 futures are trading four points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

Asian markets managed generally to shrug off the weak showing by the U.S. and finished the day little changed. A buying overhang was the festering talk about possible U.S. trade action against China and continued strength in the yen. Japan continued to battle with its political scandal as reports have indicated it might mean a delay in filling two deputy governor seats at the Bank of Japan. New Zealand's Q4 GDP came in weaker than expected.

In economic data:
China's February FDI +0.5% (last 0.3%)
South Korea's February Trade Balance 3.20 bln (last 3.30 bln); exports +3.9% year-over-year (last +4.0%); imports +14.9% year-over-year (last +14.8%)
Australia's MI Inflation Expectations 3.7% (last 3.6%)
New Zealand's Q4 GDP 2.9% year-over-year (expected 3.1%; last 2.7%); Q4 GDP 0.6% quarter-over-quarter (expected 0.8%; last 0.6%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei increased 0.1%, battling back from a weak start that had it down 0.4%. Kobe Steel led the list of losers, declining 5.3%, and was followed by IHI Corp., JX Holdings, NTN Corp., and Hitachi Construction, all of which declined between 3.1% and 5.1%. Marui Group, up 7.4%) ws the best-performing component followed by Toshiba Corp, Tokai Carbon, Panasonic, and TDK Corp., which gained between 3.7% and 4.5%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng jumped 0.3%. The majority of components ended the day higher, with MTR (+7.3%), Tencent Holdings (+6.6%), and Ping An Insurance (+6.5%) leading the way. A small grouping of losers was led by China Mengniu Dairy (-3.2%), Want Want China (-1.7%), and Sino Land (-1.1%).
China's Shanghai Composite was flat, overcoming a modest loss with a buying push into the close. Huadian Energy surged 10.0% and led all gainers. Following on its heels were COFCO Tunhe Sugar (+7.7%), China Railway Tielong (+6.8%), and Hunan Tyen Machinery (+5.7%). Beijing Qianjing Landscape (-6.1%) was the biggest loser.
India's Sensex shed 0.4%, finishing near its lows for the day. Yes Bank, Reliance Industries, and ICICI Bank dropped between 1.6% and 2.0%. Asian Paints increased 2.1% and was the only component that gained at least 1.0%.

European bourses are clinging to modest gains, undaunted for the time being by Wall Street's weak showing on Wednesday. There were no surprises in the interest rate decisions by the Swiss National Bank and the Norges Bank, which left their key policy rates unchanged, yet the Norges Bank did point to the likelihood of raising rates earlier than previously expected. Separately, press reports are highlighting the potential for the EU to impose a 3% tax on the revenue of technology companies. The London Times, meanwhile, is reporting that the UK will be able to work out its own trade deals during the Brexit transition without getting the EU's approval.

In economic data:
France's final February HICP 1.3% year-over-year, in-line with the preliminary estimate and expectations; February HICP 0.0% month-over-month (expected -0.1%; last -0.1%)
Swiss National Bank leaves key policy rate unchanged at -0.75% (expected -0.75%; last -0.75%); Switzerland's February PPI +0.3% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 0.3%) and +2.3% year-over-year (expected 0.9%; last 1.8%)
Norges Bank leaves key policy rate unchanged at 0.5% (expected 0.5%; last 0.5%), but points to likelihood of rate increase after summer 2018 versus previous view of in the autumn

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE is higher by 0.1%. Hikma Pharmaceuticals has spiked 12.5%. Tesco (+3.2%) and Shire (+2.9%) are the next best performers. On the flip side, Hammerson (-5.2%) leads all losers and is being followed by Intu Properties (-2.8%), GKN (-2.0%), and Royal Mail (-3.0%).
Germany's DAX trades up 0.4%. Volkswagen VZO (+2.1%), Lufthansa (+1.6%), and Adidas (+1.2%) are doing the heavy lifting. RWE AG ST (-2.0%) sits atop the losers list alongside E.ON SE (-1.2%).
France's CAC has added 0.3%. Valeo, Sanofi, and STMicroelectronics are up between 1.3% and 1.6%. Societe Generale (-3.1%) and Sodexo (-1.6%) have been offsetting drags and are the only CAC components down more than 1.0%.

08:35AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -8.30.

The S&P 500 futures are trading two points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

Just in, import prices excluding oil rose 0.5% in February after increasing a revised 0.5% in January (from 0.4%). Export prices excluding agriculture increased 0.2% in February after rising a revised 0.8% in January (from 0.9%).

07:58AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -9.80.

U.S. equities are still looking for their first win of the week following another disappointing performance on Wednesday. The S&P 500 is down 1.3% week to date and looks poised to open today's session little changed, as the S&P 500 futures are currently trading one point, or 0.1%, above fair value.

Fears over a potential trade war have continued to linger this week following reports that President Trump is seeking to hit China with steep tariffs and investment restrictions. Other factors behind this week's selling include a flattening of the yield curve--the 2yr-10yr spread has dropped seven basis points since last Friday--and a desire to test last week's breakout as investors continue to search for balance following last month's sharp sell off. The S&P 500 tested its 50-day simple moving average (2747) on Wednesday, closing two points above the key technical level.

Investors will receive a large batch of economic data this morning: export and import prices for February, the weekly Initial Claims report (Briefing.com consensus 226K), the Empire State Manufacturing Survey for March (Briefing.com consensus 15.0), and the Philadelphia Fed Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 23.7) will all be released at 8:30 AM ET, while the NAHB Housing Market Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 72) will cross the wires at 10:00 AM ET.

Overseas, equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region finished Thursday little changed, while the major bourses are trading modestly higher in Europe. The U.S. dollar is up 0.1% against the euro at 1.2353, but down 0.3% against the Japanese yen at 106.01.

Meanwhile, U.S. Treasuries are mixed this morning, flattening the yield curve a bit further; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note has slipped one basis point to 2.81%, while the yield on the 2-yr note has climbed two basis points to 2.27%. A flatter yield curve doesn't bode well for the financial sector, which is trading near the bottom of this week's sector standings with a loss of 2.7%. The only group with a larger week-to-date loss is the industrial sector (-2.8%).

In U.S. corporate news:

Dollar General (DG 96.99, +7.79): +8.7% after reporting a 3.3% increase in same store sales for Q4 and issuing upbeat guidance for FY19.
Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN 130.83, +8.15): +6.6% after its experimental blood disorder drug, ALXN1210, met the main goal in a late-stage study.
Williams-Sonoma (WSM 56.00, +2.30): +4.3% after beating earnings and revenue estimates for Q4 and raising its guidance for FY19.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets managed generally to shrug off the weak showing by the U.S. and finished the day little changed. Japan's Nikkei +0.1%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.3%, China's Shanghai Composite unch, India's Sensex -0.4%.
In economic data:
China's February FDI +0.5% (last 0.3%)
South Korea's February Trade Balance 3.20 bln (last 3.30 bln); exports +3.9% year-over-year (last +4.0%); imports +14.9% year-over-year (last +14.8%)
Australia's MI Inflation Expectations 3.7% (last 3.6%)
New Zealand's Q4 GDP 2.9% year-over-year (expected 3.1%; last 2.7%); Q4 GDP 0.6% quarter-over-quarter (expected 0.8%; last 0.6%)
In news:
A buying overhang was the festering talk about possible U.S. trade action against China and continued strength in the yen.
Japan continued to battle with its political scandal as reports have indicated it might mean a delay in filling two deputy governor seats at the Bank of Japan.
New Zealand's Q4 GDP came in weaker than expected.

European bourses are clinging to modest gains, undaunted for the time being by Wall Street's weak showing on Wednesday. UK's FTSE +0.1%, Germany's DAX +0.1%, France's CAC +0.2%.
In economic data:
France's final February HICP 1.3% year-over-year, in-line with the preliminary estimate and expectations; February HICP 0.0% month-over-month (expected -0.1%; last -0.1%)
Swiss National Bank leaves key policy rate unchanged at -0.75% (expected -0.75%; last -0.75%); Switzerland's February PPI +0.3% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 0.3%) and +2.3% year-over-year (expected 0.9%; last 1.8%)
Norges Bank leaves key policy rate unchanged at 0.5% (expected 0.5%; last 0.5%), but points to likelihood of rate increase after summer 2018 versus previous view of in the autumn
In news:
There were no surprises in the interest rate decisions by the Swiss National Bank and the Norges Bank, which left their key policy rates unchanged, yet the Norges Bank did point to the likelihood of raising rates earlier than previously expected.
Press reports are highlighting the potential for the EU to impose a 3% tax on the revenue of technology companies.
The London Times, meanwhile, is reporting that the UK will be able to work out its own trade deals during the Brexit transition without getting the EU's approval.

06:56AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -1.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -14.30.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...21804...+26.70...+0.10%. Hang Seng...31541...+106.10...+0.30%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7144.94...+12.30...+0.20%. DAX...12269.88...+32.10...+0.30%.

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 moved lower for the third consecutive session on Wednesday, losing 0.6%, as fears over a potential trade war continued linger. The Dow Jones Industrial Average did even worse, losing 1.0%, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite held up relatively well, shedding just 0.2%.

Coming off last week's decision to impose tariffs on steel and aluminum imports, President Trump is now reportedly seeking to hit China with steep tariffs and investment restrictions that could be applied as early as next week. Those tariffs, which are expected to total as much as $60 billion, would initially be targeted towards information technology, telecoms, and consumer electronics as punishment for alleged intellectual property theft, but could eventually be much broader.

The White House also clarified a tweet that the president released last week, saying that Mr. Trump is looking to reduce China's trade surplus with the U.S. by $100 billion, and announced that longtime CNBC personality Larry Kudlow will replace Gary Cohn as President Trump's top economic advisor, as expected.

Stocks opened Wednesday's session with modest gains despite the continued tariff talk, but started moving lower almost immediately. The S&P 500 tested its 50-day simple moving average several times throughout the session, but buyers never let the index get too far below the key technical level. The benchmark index traded as low as 2744, but finished two points above its 50-day simple moving average at 2749.

Investors had a sizable batch of economic data to digest on Wednesday, including the February readings for the Producer Price Index and Retail Sales. Retail Sales disappointed, declining for a third straight month (-0.1% actual vs +0.3% Briefing.com consensus), but the January decrease was reduced to 0.1% from 0.3%.

The Producer Price Index, meanwhile, rose 0.2% in February, more than the Briefing.com consensus of 0.1%, and the core Producer Price Index also jumped 0.2%, as expected. Those monthly changes leave the PPI up 2.8% year over year (up from 2.7% in January) and the core CPI up 2.5% year over year (up from 2.2% in January).

All in all, Wednesday's data didn't give investors any reason to believe the Fed will hike rates more than three times this year. The year-over-year uptick in producer prices is notable, yet concerns about that trend were tempered somewhat by the realization that Tuesday's release of the Consumer Price Index for February didn't show any worrisome pass through effects to consumers.

Investors also received the Business Inventories report for January, which increased 0.6% as expected, but it didn't have much impact on trading.

U.S. Treasuries recorded their third consecutive advance on Wednesday, settling near session highs. The benchmark 10-yr yield, which moves inversely to the price of the 10-yr Treasury note, declined four basis points to 2.82%, while the 2-yr yield slipped just one basis point to 2.25%, resulting in a flattening of the yield curve.

That flattening weighed on financials, as lenders rely on the difference between what they spend on deposits and what they charge for loans. The S&P's financial sector lost 1.2%, finishing alongside industrials (-1.1%), materials (-1.3%), and consumer staples (-1.3%) at the bottom of the sector standings.

Two of eleven sectors finished in the green though--the rate-sensitive utilities (+1.0%) and real estate (+0.1%) spaces.

In corporate news, Signet Jewelers (SIG 38.22, -9.69) tumbled 20.2%, hitting its lowest level in more than six years, after the diamond retailer reported a 5.2% decline in same store sales for the fourth quarter and lowered its guidance for fiscal year 2019. Meanwhile, Broadcom (AVGO 260.59, -0.63) lost 0.2% after terminating its offer to acquire Qualcomm (QCOM 60.12, +0.42) following an order from President Trump.

Looking ahead, investors will receive a big batch of economic data on Thursday, including export and import prices for February, the weekly Initial Claims report (Briefing.com consensus 226K), the Empire State Manufacturing Survey for March (Briefing.com consensus 15.0), the Philadelphia Fed Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 23.7), and the NAHB Housing Market Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 72). All but the NAHB Housing Market Index will be released at 8:30 AM ET; the NAHB Index will be released at 10:00 AM ET.

Nasdaq Composite: +8.6% YTD
S&P 500: +2.8% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: +0.2% YTD
Russell 2000: +3.2% YTD

Dow: -248.91… | Nasdaq: -14.20… | S&P: -15.83…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1159/1779. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1249/1683.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Emmett Moore via TheStrategyLab.com Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image The Strategy Lab: Valforex - The Manipulative Review Scam @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3676

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com