TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Feb 20th Tues Price Action Trade Result - Profit $687.50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:25 am 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users Reviews, Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
022018-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+687.50.png
022018-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+687.50.png [ 75.88 KiB | Viewed 314 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $687.50 dollars or +13.75 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $687.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=2757

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades and price action analysis are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...review of TheStrategyLab is that this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=345&t=3659 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:25PM ET
Dow: -254.63… | Nasdaq: -5.16… | S&P: -15.96…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.91 bln… Adv: 561… Dec: 1639…
NYSE Vol: 853.1 mln… Adv: 1005… Dec: 1953…

Moving the Market

Choppy trading as S&P 500 hovers around its 50-day simple moving average

Wal-Mart (WMT) tumbles after missing on Q4 earnings and lowering FY19 guidance

Top-weighted technology sector outperforms, chipmakers show particular strength

Treasury yields continue hovering at multi-year highs

Sector Watch
Strong: Financials, Consumer Discretionary, Technology
Weak: Industrials, Health Care, Consumer Staples, Utilities, Telecom Services, Real Estate

04:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] U.S. equities opened the abbreviated week on a lower note, with the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average breaking their six-session winning streaks. The two indices lost 0.6% and 1.0%, respectively, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite managed to escape with a relatively modest loss of 0.1%. The Russell 2000 declined 0.9%.

Trading was choppy for much of the day as the S&P 500 wrestled with its 50-day simple moving average (2726.82). The benchmark index opened with a loss of 0.3% before rallying to a gain of 0.2% around midday, but selling in the late afternoon took the index back into the red; at its lowest mark of the day, the S&P 500 was down 0.9%.

Several factors contributed to Tuesday's decline:

A sharp drop in shares of Dow component Wal-Mart (WMT 94.11, -10.67, -10.2%), which disappointed investors with weaker-than-expected fourth quarter results and an FY19 earnings per share outlook that trailed analysts' average expectation
A relatively weak 2-yr note auction, which fostered concerns about increased supply and the specter of rising rates accompanying the added supply
The 2-yr note yield climbed three basis points to 2.22%; the 10-yr note yield ticked up one basis point to 2.89%
A general sense that the stock market was vulnerable to some renewed selling interest after rallying in an unabashed manner last week on the heels of its biggest decline in two years
A breaching of the S&P 500's 50-day simple moving average, which provided the index with support on Thursday and Friday

10 of 11 S&P 500 sectors finished Tuesday in the red, with the consumer staples sector (-2.3%) leading the retreat following Wal-Mart's disappointing earnings. The utilities (-1.3%), telecom services (-1.7%), health care (-1.1%), industrials (-1.0%), and real estate (-1.0%) sectors also finished with losses of at least 1.0%.

On the flip side, the top-weighted technology sector (+0.3%) was the strongest group, with chipmakers exhibiting particular strength; the PHLX Semiconductor Index advanced 1.8%. Within the tech sector, Qualcomm (QCOM 63.99, -0.86, -1.3%) decided to increase its bid for NXP Semiconductors (NXPI 125.56, +7.06, +6.0%) to $127.50 per share from $110.00 per share in an attempt to fend off a competing offer from rival Broadcom (AVGO 249.62, +0.73, +0.3%).

In other corporate news, Dow component Home Depot (HD 186.71, -0.26, -0.1%) reported better-than-expected earnings for the fourth quarter, and privately-held Albertsons announced it will be purchasing the remaining portion of Rite Aid (RAD 2.20, +0.07, +3.3%)--the portion that isn't already being acquired by Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA 70.91, -0.01, 0.0%)--to form a new publicly traded company.

Elsewhere, Japan's Nikkei (-1.0%) paced a broad retreat in Asia on Tuesday, while Germany's DAX (+0.8%) led most equity markets higher in Europe--although the UK's FTSE (unch) underperformed. Markets in China remained closed for the Lunar New Year.

Investors didn't receive any economic data on Tuesday. However, on Wednesday, they will receive several reports, including the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index at 7:00 AM ET, Existing Home Sales for January (Briefing.com consensus 5.62 million) at 10:00 AM ET, and the minutes from the January FOMC meeting at 2:00 PM ET.

Nasdaq Composite: +4.8% YTD
S&P 500: +1.6% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: +1.0% YTD
Russell 2000: -0.4% YTD

Dow: -254.63… | Nasdaq: -5.16… | S&P: -15.96…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 561/1639. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1005/1953.

03:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day lower:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down 0.23% at 88.0035
Dollar index is currently up 0.68% at 89.71
Mar WTI Crude is up 0.47% on the day.
API inventory data is due out at 4:30 ET.
Futures settle $0.29 higher to $61.84/barrel.
In other energy, Mar Natural Gas settled up $0.06 at $2.62/MMBtu
On the metals:
Apr Gold lost $25.20 to settle at $1331.00/oz, while Mar silver lost $0.27 to $16.44/oz
Mar Copper dropped $0.06 to $3.19/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Mar Corn settled unchanged at $3.66/bu.
Mar Soy settled down $0.0125 at $10.2575/bu.
Mar wheat settled flat at $4.49/bu.

Dow: -277.96… | Nasdaq: -13.65… | S&P: -18.49…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 661/1801. …NYSE Adv/Dec 949/2031.

02:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (-0.3%) is drifting a step below its 50-day simple moving average (2727) moving into the final stretch. The benchmark index currently has a six-session winning streak at stake, as does the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.7%).

Looking ahead, investors will receive several economic reports on Wednesday, including the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index at 7:00 AM ET, Existing Home Sales for January (Briefing.com consensus 5.62 million) at 10:00 AM ET, and the minutes from the January FOMC meeting at 2:00 PM ET.

As for earnings, Southern (SO 43.44, -0.49), DISH Network (DISH 44.92, -0.77), Advance Auto (AAP 104.41, -3.11), and Garmin (GRMN 65.60, +0.39) will report on Wednesday morning.
Dow: -201.98… | Nasdaq: +17.03… | S&P: -9.82…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 861/1717. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1114/1852.

02:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Taking a turn lower in the last half hour, the broader market is losing a bit of steam here; the Nasdaq Composite still holds its head above water (+0.4%), but the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.8%) and the S&P 500 (-0.04) have extended their losses.

The VanEck Jr Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ 31.75, -0.75) is on track for its second-consecutive loss, down 2.2%, after gold finished pit trading down 1.9% at $1331/oz. A strengthening U.S. dollar, which is currently up 0.6% against the euro (1.2336) and 0.6% against the Japanese yen (107.25), weighed on the yellow metal.
Dow: -160.03… | Nasdaq: +34.05… | S&P: -5.42…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 933/1693. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1176/1785.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] At this juncture, the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average are down modestly, showing respective losses of 0.1% and 0.5%.

All FAANG names are trading in the green -- Facebook (FB 177.53, +0.16, +0.1%), Apple (AAPL 173.88, +1.45, +0.8%), Amazon (AMZN 1483.93, +35.24, +2.4%), Netflix (NFLX 284.43, +5.91, +2.1%), Alphabet (GOOG 1109.35, +14.55 +1.3%) -- and have helped underpin the S&P 500's technology sector (+1.0%) and the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite (+0.7%).

Meanwhile, Treasury yields have held onto their earlier gains; the 10-yr yield is up three basis points at 2.91%.
Dow: -132.27… | Nasdaq: +46.17… | S&P: -2.05…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1075/1594. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1291/1660.

01:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have slipped from their session highs in recent trading. The Dow is down 0.6% and in jeopardy of breaking its six-session winning streak.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Wal-Mart (WMT 95.13, -9.63), Merck (MRK 55.10, -1.19), and General Electric (GE 14.76, -0.28) are underperforming. Wal-Mart is leading the retreat, dropping to a fresh three-month low, after missing earnings estimates for the fourth quarter and lowering its outlook for fiscal year 2019.

Conversely, Intel (INTC 46.56, +0.99) is the best-performing Dow component as chipmakers outperform in today's session.

Elsewhere, at the top of the hour, the Treasury's $28 bln 2-year auction drew a high yield of 2.28% on a bid-to-cover of 2.72.
Dow: -158.30… | Nasdaq: +34.09… | S&P: -5.11…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1001/1692. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1222/1719.

01:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are mixed this afternoon, but all three are hovering near their best marks of the day. The S&P 500 is trading a tick higher (+0.1%), trying to keep above its 50-day simple moving average (2727.19), while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite outperforms (+0.7%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average lags (-0.4%).

Wal-Mart (WMT 94.85, -9.91) has weighed on the Dow and the S&P 500's consumer staples sector (-1.6%) after missing earnings estimates for the fourth quarter and lowering its earnings outlook for fiscal year 2019. Shares of the world's largest retailer are down 9.4%, trading at their lowest level since mid-November.

The consumer staples sector is the weakest of the S&P 500's 11 groups, but the utilities (-1.3%) and telecom services (-0.9%) spaces are also trading a ways behind the broader market. On the flip side, the top-weighted technology sector (+0.9%) is trading at the top of today's sector standings.

Within the tech group, chipmakers are leading the charge, pushing the PHLX Semiconductor Index higher by 2.2%. XP Semi (NXPI 125.66, +7.16) shows particular strength, rising 6.0%, after Qualcomm (QCOM 63.26, -1.58) increased its bid for NXPI to $44 billion from $39 billion in an attempt to fend off a takeover approach by Broadcom (AVGO 253.96, +5.13).

Meanwhile, the consumer discretionary space (+0.6%) is also outperforming, thanks in part to Dow component Home Depot (HD 189.14, +2.12), which is up 1.2% after reporting better-than-expected profits for the fourth quarter. Amazon (AMZN 1478.70, +30.01) is also strong, up 2.1%, and on track to post a new record close.

In other corporate news, privately-held Albertsons announced it will be purchasing the remaining portion of Rite Aid (RAD 2.19,+ 0.06)--the portion that isn't already being acquired by Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA 71.19, +0.27)--to form a new publicly traded company. RAD shares are up 2.6% following the announcement.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are under pressure, pushing yields higher across the curve; the benchmark 10-yr yield is up two basis points at 2.90%, while the 2-yr yield is higher by three basis points at 2.22%. A $28 billion 2-yr Treasury note auction, which will begin at 1:00 PM ET, could shake things up a bit this afternoon.

Investors did not receive any economic data today.
Dow: -72.92… | Nasdaq: +54.45… | S&P: +3.71…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1172/1528. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1412/1521.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The tech-heavy Nasdaq is up 0.6% and is trading a ways ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.1%) and the Dow (-0.3%).

Chipmakers are strong today, evidenced by the 2.6% increase in the PHLX Semiconductor Index. NXP Semi (NXPI 125.69, +7.20) shows particular strength, up 6.1%, after Qualcomm (QCOM 63.56, -1.29) increased its bid for the company to $44 billion from $39 billion in an attempt to fend off a takeover approach by Broadcom (AVGO 254.73, +5.84).

The top-weighted technology sector (+0.9%), which houses chipmakers, is trading at the top of today's sector standings.
Dow: -77.88… | Nasdaq: +50.10… | S&P: +2.56…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1218/1485. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1419/1483.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Trading has been choppy in recent action as the S&P 500 (unch) flirts with its 50-day simple moving average (2727.15).

In Europe, the major bourses finished Tuesday on a mostly higher note, with Germany's DAX and France's CAC adding 0.8% and 0.6%, respectively. The UK's FTSE underperformed though, finishing a tick below its unchanged mark. The Euro Stoxx 50 is up 0.3% week to date after adding 0.8% today and losing 0.6% on Monday.

Meanwhile, in the currency market, the U.S. dollar is up 0.5% against the euro at 1.2340 and 0.6% against the Japanese yen at 107.22.
Dow: -90.82… | Nasdaq: +48.89… | S&P: +1.54…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1228/1493. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1367/1498.

11:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have been ticking higher in recent action, pushing the S&P 500 back to its unchanged mark.

Shares of Rite Aid (RAD 2.17, +0.04) are up 1.6% after the drugstore chain announced it will merge with privately-held Albertsons. To be clear, Albertsons will be scooping up just RAD shares that aren't already being acquired by Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA 70.77, -0.11). The new company will trade on the New York Stock Exchange.
Dow: -95.80… | Nasdaq: +38.08… | S&P: -0.46…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1153/1567. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1224/1646.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have slipped below their opening levels, although the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite (+0.1%) has held up relatively well. The S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average show losses of 0.3% and 0.7%, respectively.

Nine of eleven S&P 500 sectors are trading in the red, with the consumer staples (-1.9%), utilities (-1.2%), and telecom services (-1.5%) groups showing particular weakness. Within the consumer staples space, Dow component Wal-Mart (WMT 94.81, -9.97) has dropped 9.5%, hitting a three-month low, after missing earnings estimates for the fourth quarter and lowering its guidance for fiscal year 2019.

On the flip side, the technology and consumer discretionary sectors are trading atop the sector standings, sporting respective gains of 0.4% and 0.2%.
Dow: -190.23… | Nasdaq: +10.21… | S&P: -11.40…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1066/1687. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1035/1815.

10:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day higher:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently higher 0.29% at 88.4591
Dollar index is currently up 0.59% at 89.63
Mar WTI crude is up 0.31% on the day.
API inventory data due out after the bell today.
Futures are $0.19 higher to $61.74/barrel.
In other energy, Mar natural gas is up $0.09 at $2.65/MMBtu
Metals:
Apr gold lost $13.60 and trades at $1342.60/oz, while Mar silver lost $0.10 to $16.61/oz
Mar copper dropped 0.06 to $3.19/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Mar corn is up $0.02 at $3.7/bu.
Mar soy is up $0.13 at $10.3525/bu.
Mar wheat is flat at $4.58/bu.

Dow: -158.65… | Nasdaq: +17.78… | S&P: -8.33…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1230/1540. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1201/1634.

09:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are mixed; the Nasdaq is up 0.1%, while the S&P 500 and the Dow are down 0.2% and 0.4%, respectively.

The financials (+0.6%) and technology (+0.3%) sectors are the top-performing groups in early action. The financial sector is benefiting from an uptick in Treasury yields--the 10-yr yield is up two basis points at 2.90%--while chipmakers are leading the tech group higher, evidenced by the 1.5% increase in the PHLX Semiconductor Index.

Technology and financials are the heaviest groups by weight, representing nearly 40% of the broader market combined.
Dow: -96.55… | Nasdaq: +14.11… | S&P: -3.07…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1446/1319. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1310/1418.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major stock indices are trading a step below their flat lines, with the S&P 500 showing a loss of 0.2%.

Most of the S&P 500's 11 sectors are trading in the red. The consumer staples sector is the weakest group, down 1.5%, as Wal-Mart (WMT 96.62, -8.19) slips to a two-month low after reporting worse-than-expected fourth quarter earnings; WMT shares are down 8.2%.

Meanwhile, the energy sector (+0.5%) is the top-performing group, followed by financials (+0.3%) and information technology (unch).
Dow: -82.95… | Nasdaq: +4.09… | S&P: -4.68…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1169/1554. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1066/1616.

09:12AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -14.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -27.50.

The stock market is set to open lower as the S&P 500 futures are trading 14 points, or 0.5%, below fair value.

In corporate news, Wal-Mart (WMT 96.84, -7.94) is down 7.6% in pre-market trading after missing profit estimates for the fourth quarter and lowering its profit guidance for fiscal year 2019. Conversely, Home Depot (HD 191.80, +4.83) is up 2.6% after reporting above-consensus Q4 earnings, and Rite Aid (RAD 2.36, +0.23) is up 10.8% following news that privately-held Albertson's is going to acquire the remaining portion of Rite Aid that isn't already being acquired by Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA 70.79, -0.13).

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are under pressure this morning, sending yields higher across the curve; the benchmark 10-yr yield is up three basis points at 2.91%, challenging the four-year high it hit last week. Meanwhile, the 2-yr yield is up four basis points at 2.23%, which marks its highest level in nearly 10 years.

Elsewhere, the U.S. Dollar Index is up 0.7% at 89.69, gold is down 1.3% at $1339.30, the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX) is up 8.6% at 21.13, and West Texas Intermediate crude futures are higher by 0.2% at $61.69 per barrel.

Investors will not receive any economic data today.

08:50AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -11.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -24.80.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 11 points, or 0.4%, below fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a mostly lower note while markets in China remained closed for Lunar New Year. General Motors has proposed a $2.20 billion debt for equity swap in order to prop up its operations in South Korea. The company has lobbied for its factory to be designated as a special foreign investment zone eligible for future tax breaks. A poll conducted in Japan showed that just over 50.0% of companies in Japan do not plan to raise base salaries in 2018.

In economic data:
New Zealand's Q4 Input PPI +0.9% quarter-over-quarter (expected 0.3%; last 1.0%) and Output PPI +1.0% quarter-over-quarter (expected 0.4%; last 1.0%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei fell 1.0%. Kikkoman, Yamaha Motor, Kubota, Fanuc, Fast Retailing, Japan Tobacco, Showa Denko, Komatsu, TOTO, Honda Motor, and Olympus posted losses between 1.4% and 3.0%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng surrendered 0.8%. Financials like HSBC, Hang Seng Bank, Bank of China, and Boc Hong Kong lost between 0.1% and 3.1% while gaming names outperformed. Tencent Holdings, Sands China, and Galaxy Entertainment gained between 2.4% and 3.8%.
China's Shanghai Composite was closed.
India's Sensex shed 0.2%. Financials underperformed with AXIS Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Yes Bank, ICICI Bank, and HDFC Bank falling between 0.6% and 1.4%. Coal India and Oil & Natural Gas outperformed, gaining 1.8% and 1.1%, respectively.

Major European indices trade near their flat lines while Spain's IBEX (+0.8%) outperforms. Spain's Economy Minister Luis de Guindos will replace current European Central Bank Vice President Vitor Constancio in May. It is believed that an appointment of an official from a Southern state to the Vice President post opens the door to Bundesbank President Jens Weidmann becoming the next ECB chief. Eurogroup chief Mario Centeno said that Greece has to clear two more hurdles before receiving the next bailout tranche of EUR5.70 billion.

In economic data:
Eurozone ZEW Economic Sentiment 29.3 (expected 28.4; last 31.8)
Germany's February ZEW Economic Sentiment 17.8 (expected 16.5; last 20.4) and ZEW Current Conditions 92.3 (expected 93.9; last 95.2). January PPI +0.5% month-over-month, as expected (last 0.2%); +2.1% year-over-year (expected 1.9%; last 2.3%)
UK's February CBI Industrial Trends Orders 10 (expected 12; last 14)
Swiss January trade surplus CHF2.09 billion (expected CHF2.78 billion; last CHF2.63 billion)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE is down 0.3%. InterContinental Hotels is among the weakest performers, falling 3.9%, after the company beat earnings expectations, but did not issue a special dividend. Miners also lag with BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, Antofagasta, and Randgold Resources down between 0.7% and 4.3%. On the upside, Hikma Pharmaceuticals has surged 11.0% after the company hired a former Teva executive as CEO.
Germany's DAX is up 0.3%. HeidelbergCement, Linde, BASF, Bayer, Commerzbank, and Adidas have added between 0.6% and 1.4%. Automakers lag with BMW, Daimler, and Volkswagen down between 1.1% and 1.7%.
France's CAC is higher by 0.3%. Credit Agricole, Airbus Group, Total, ArcelorMittal, and Vivendi sport gains between 0.6% and 2.5%. On the downside, Renault and Peugeot show respective losses of 1.8% and 0.3%.
Spain's IBEX trades up 0.8%. Acerinox, ACS, Repsol, Bankinter, Grifols, Telefonica, and Merlin Properties hold gains between 0.6% and 2.4%.

08:25AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -14.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -34.30.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 14 points, or 0.5%, below fair value.

For the year, the S&P 500 is up 2.2%, but only five of its eleven sectors are trading in the green. The consumer discretionary sector (+6.2% YTD) is the top-performing group, followed by technology (+5.5% YTD), financials (+3.6% YTD), health care (+3.2% YTD), and industrials (+1.8% YTD).

Meanwhile, the materials (unch YTD), consumer staples (-2.7% YTD), telecom services (-4.2% YTD), utilities (-5.3% YTD), energy (-6.2% YTD), and real estate (-7.1% YTD) sectors are all holding year-to-date losses.

07:57AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -13.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -37.00.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 14 points, or 0.5%, below fair value following the extended Presidents' Day weekend. The stock market had a good outing last week, reclaiming about half of the losses it registered between January 29 and February 9. The S&P 500 and the Dow are in the midst of a six-session winning streak.

Overseas, equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a mostly lower note, while the major European bourses are currently trading flat.

U.S. Treasuries are under pressure this morning, pushing yields higher across the curve. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up three basis points at 2.91%, challenging the four-year high it hit last week, while the 2-yr yield is up three basis points at 2.22%, its highest level in nearly a decade.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is up 0.5% at 89.56, and West Texas Intermediate crude futures are up 0.8% at $62.04 per barrel.

Investors will not receive any economic data today.

In U.S. corporate news:

Wal-Mart (WMT 97.97, -6.81): -6.5% after missing Q4 earnings estimates and lowering its guidance for fiscal year 2019.
Home Depot (HD 191.49, +4.52): +2.4% after beating Q4 profit estimates.
Qualcomm (QCOM 63.03, -1.82): -2.8% after increasing its bid for NXP Semiconductors (NXPI 125.85, +7.35) to $44 billion from $39 billion.
Rite Aid (RAD 2.68, +0.55): +25.9% after announcing it will merge with Albertsons Companies; the combined company will trade on the NYSE.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a mostly lower note while markets in China remained closed for Lunar New Year. Japan's Nikkei -1.0%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng -0.8%, India's Sensex -0.2%.
In economic data:
New Zealand's Q4 Input PPI +0.9% quarter-over-quarter (expected 0.3%; last 1.0%) and Output PPI +1.0% quarter-over-quarter (expected 0.4%; last 1.0%)
In news:
General Motors has proposed a $2.20 billion debt for equity swap in order to prop up its operations in South Korea. The company has lobbied for its factory to be designated as a special foreign investment zone eligible for future tax breaks.
A poll conducted in Japan showed that just over 50.0% of companies in Japan do not plan to raise base salaries in 2018.

Major European indices trade near their flat lines while Spain's IBEX (+0.5%) outperforms. UK's FTSE unch, Germany's DAX +0.1%, France's CAC +0.1%.
In economic data:
Eurozone ZEW Economic Sentiment 29.3 (expected 28.4; last 31.8)
Germany's February ZEW Economic Sentiment 17.8 (expected 16.5; last 20.4) and ZEW Current Conditions 92.3 (expected 93.9; last 95.2). January PPI +0.5% month-over-month, as expected (last 0.2%); +2.1% year-over-year (expected 1.9%; last 2.3%)
UK's February CBI Industrial Trends Orders 10 (expected 12; last 14)
Swiss January trade surplus CHF2.09 billion (expected CHF2.78 billion; last CHF2.63 billion)
In news:
Spain's Economy Minister Luis de Guindos will replace current European Central Bank Vice President Vitor Constancio in May. It is believed that an appointment of an official from a Southern state to the Vice President post opens the door to Bundesbank President Jens Weidmann becoming the next ECB chief.
Eurogroup chief Mario Centeno said that Greece has to clear two more hurdles before receiving the next bailout tranche of EUR5.70 billion.

05:53AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -14.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -38.00.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...21925...-224.10...-1.00%. Hang Seng...30874...-241.80...-0.80%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7220.09...-27.50...-0.40%. DAX...12377.82...-7.80...-0.10%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com