TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Feb 16th Fri Price Action Trade Result - No Trades
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users Reviews, Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Quote:
No trades today. I had a bad night of sleep and decided not to trade today to just rest & relax. Thus, its a 3 day weekend for me.

Price Action Trade Performance for Today:
Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $0.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=2755

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades and price action analysis are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...review of TheStrategyLab is that this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=345&t=3659 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: +19.01… | Nasdaq: -16.96… | S&P: +1.02…
NASDAQ Vol: 2.02 bln… Adv: 1237… Dec: 900…
NYSE Vol: 945.8 mln… Adv: 1756… Dec: 1185…

Moving the Market

Federal grand jury has indicted Russian nationals and entities on accusations of interference in the presidential election; market gives back gains following headline

S&P 500 flirts with its 50-day simple moving average, which it broke above on Thursday for the first time since last week's big sell off

10-yr Treasury yield ticks down from four-year high

Sector Watch
Strong: Health Care, Consumer Staples, Utilities, Telecom Services, Real Estate
Weak: Consumer Discretionary, Energy, Materials, Technology
04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks kept their weekly gains intact ahead of the extended Presidents' day weekend, finishing Friday's session little changed.

The S&P 500 (unch) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.1%) eked out their sixth consecutive victories, while the Nasdaq Composite underperformed, finishing lower by 0.2%. For the week, the three major stock indices settled with gains between 4.3% and 5.3%.

Equities rose steadily throughout the morning, but reversed course in the early afternoon following news that a federal grand jury has indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities on accusations of interference in the 2016 presidential election. Some of those defendants allegedly communicated with unwitting individuals associated with the Trump campaign.

Trading was choppy following the headline, which, more than anything, gave investors a convenient excuse to pull back following five straight days of gains.

Six of eleven S&P 500 sectors finished Friday in the green, with the heavily-weighted health care group (+0.7%) being among the top performers. In general, countercyclical sectors outperformed their cyclical peers on Friday after trailing them throughout the week. The consumer discretionary (-0.4%), energy (-0.3%), and technology (-0.2%) sectors were among the worst-performing groups.

Steel and aluminum names rallied after the U.S. Department of Commerce recommended imposing tariffs on steel and aluminum imports. U.S. Steel (X 44.75, +5.76) and AK Steel (AKS 5.96, +0.72) spiked 14.8% and 13.7%, respectively, while Nucor (NUE 68.54, +2.96) and Steel Dynamics (STLD 49.40, +2.26) added around 4.5% apiece.

In earnings news, Coca-Cola (KO 44.98, +0.20) and Deere (DE 169.44, +2.63) added 0.5% and 1.6%, respectively, after reporting their fourth quarter results. Both companies beat earnings estimates, but revenues were mixed; Coca-Cola reported better-than-expected revenues, while Deere's revenues came in below consensus.

Conversely, Kraft Heinz (KHC 70.80, -1.91) lost 2.6% after missing Q4 profit estimates.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries ended the week on a flat note. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note slipped one basis point to 2.88%, while the 2-yr yield ticked up one basis point to 2.19%. For the week, the 10-yr yield added two basis points, and the 2-yr yield jumped 12 basis points.

Reviewing Friday's batch of economic data, which included Housing Starts and Building Permits for January, Import and Export Prices for January, and the preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for February:

Housing starts increased to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 1.326 million units in January (Briefing.com consensus 1.240 million), up from a revised 1.209 million units in December (from 1.192 million). Building permits increased to a seasonally adjusted 1.396 million in January (Briefing.com consensus 1.300 million) from a revised 1.300 million in December (from 1.302 million).
The key takeaway from the report is that it points to more supply coming to a housing market that is in desperate need of single-family supply. At the same time, this report provides a positive input for Q1 GDP as the number of units under construction in January (1.120 million) was 1.5% above the fourth quarter average.
Import prices excluding oil rose 0.4% in January after decreasing an unrevised 0.1% in December. Export prices excluding agriculture increased 0.9% in January after rising a revised 0.1% in December from (0.0%).
The key takeaway from the report is that it will continue to feed into the market's budding inflation expectations.
The preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for February rose to 99.9 (Briefing.com consensus 95.5) from 95.7 in January.
The key takeaway from the report is that consumer sentiment wasn't dented by the stock market volatility. Rather, the improved sentiment reading was attributed to optimism over government policies, improved financial conditions, and expectations for larger income gains in the year ahead.

Markets will be closed on Monday in observance of Presidents' Day.

Nasdaq Composite: +4.9% YTD
S&P 500: +2.2% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: +2.0% YTD
Russell 2000: +0.5% YTD

Week In Review: Bouncing Back

The equity market rallied this week, reclaiming about half of the losses it registered over the previous two weeks. The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite climbed 5.3% as technology shares outperformed, while the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average added 4.3% apiece. The S&P 500 and the Dow ended Friday on a six-session winning streak.

This week's gains put the S&P 500, the Nasdaq, and the Dow back into the green for the year and back above their respective 50-day simple moving averages. They're still a ways below record territory, however, settling Friday about 5.0% beneath the record highs they posted on January 26.

11 of 11 S&P 500 sectors finished the week in positive territory, with gains ranging between 1.8% and 5.8%. The top-weighted technology group (+5.8%) was the strongest sector, while the energy (+1.9%), utilities (+2.9%), telecom services (+2.4%), and real estate (+1.8%) groups were the weakest.

In general, cyclical sectors, which tend to do well when the economic outlook is favorable, outperformed their countercyclical peers.

Within the tech group, Apple (AAPL), surged 10.2% this week, reclaiming most of the 13.5% it lost between January 18 and February 8, and Cisco Systems (CSCO) rallied 4.7% on Thursday--hitting its best level in nearly 20 years--after reporting better-than-expected profits for the quarter ending in January and raising its earnings and revenue guidance.

Investors received a big batch of economic data this week, highlighted by a hotter-than-expected CPI reading: the Consumer Price Index increased 0.5% month over month in January (Briefing.com consensus +0.4%) and the core CPI, which excludes food and energy, rose by 0.3% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%). The headline month-over-month figures sparked a knee-jerk reaction from the market, which has been fighting fears of inflation--and, in turn, fears of a more hawkish Fed--in recent weeks.

However, the year-over-year figures helped restore order and keep the week's upward trajectory intact, showing that both the CPI and the core CPI are still within a range they've held to for some time; the total CPI is up 2.1% year over year and has been between 2.0% and 2.2% for five months, while the core CPI is up 1.8% year over year and has been between 1.7% and 1.9% for ten months.

The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note climbed to a four-year high on Wednesday following the CPI release, closing at 2.91%, but gave up some ground on Thursday and Friday to finish the week little changed at 2.88%. Meanwhile, the 2-yr yield climbed 12 basis points this week, closing at 2.19%--its highest level in nearly a decade.

Meanwhile, in the currency market, the U.S. Dollar Index returned to a three-year low on Thursday (88.50), but bounced back a bit on Friday to finish the week with a loss of 1.4%. The greenback showed particular weakness against the Japanese yen, dropping 2.4% to 106.22, which is its lowest level since November 2016.

In Washington, the White House released its infrastructure plan on Monday, which is designed to stimulate $1.5 trillion in spending over a decade.

U.S. markets will be closed on Monday in observance of Presidents' Day.
Dow: +19.01… | Nasdaq: -16.96… | S&P: +1.02…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1237/900. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1756/1185.

03:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day mostly flat:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently -0.04% at 88.2043
Dollar index is currently +0.6% at 89.03
Mar WTI Crude is up 0.64% on the day.
Futures settle $0.39 higher to $61.56/barrel.
In other energy, Mar Natural Gas settled down $0.02 at $2.56/MMBtu
On the metals:
Apr Gold gained $0.5 to settle at $1355.8/oz, while Mar silver lost $0.07 to $16.73/oz
Mar copper settled flat at $3.25/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Mar Corn settled down $0.01 at $3.67/bu.
Mar Soy settled down $0.0075 at $10.2125/bu.
Mar wheat settled flat at $4.58/bu.

Dow: +82.87… | Nasdaq: -5.04… | S&P: +6.21…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1702/1232. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1867/1072.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Trading has been choppy this afternoon, but the S&P 500 (+0.3%) enters the final hour of action on track to post its sixth consecutive win.

Eight of eleven sectors are trading in the green, with the countercyclical groups--health Care (+0.8%), consumer staples (+0.4%), utilities (+0.6%), and telecom services (+0.7%)--showing relative strength. The consumer discretionary (-0.3%), energy (-0.2%), and materials (-0.2%) sectors are the three laggards.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are mixed; the 10-yr yield is down one basis point at 2.88%, while the 2-yr yield is up one basis point at 2.19%. For the week, the 10-yr and 2-yr yields are up two basis points and 12 basis points, respectively.
Dow: +76.80… | Nasdaq: +1.26… | S&P: +7.65…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1422/1064. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1875/1057.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has dropped since the last update and is now trading a ways below its high of the day. The Nasdaq Composite (-0.3%) is the lone laggard while both the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 hover near their flat lines. At its best mark of the day, the S&P 500 was up 0.9%.

After the extended Presidents' Day weekend, Dow components Wal-Mart (WMT 104.05, +0.82) and Home Depot (HD 186.35, +1.05) will kick off the next round of fourth quarter earnings on Tuesday morning. Duke Energy (DUK 76.36, +0.16) and MGM Resorts (MGM 34.64, -0.36) are two other notable names on Tuesday's earnings docket.

As it stands, the health care sector (+0.6%) is still leading in the sector standings, although biotech names have slipped into the red; the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 110.43, -0.33) is down 0.4%.
Dow: +7.74… | Nasdaq: -10.24… | S&P: +0.72…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1360/1159. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1754/1168.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 tumbled to its flat line in recent trading, but quickly bounced back into positive territory. The benchmark index is up 0.3%, hovering in the center of its trading range.

In Washington, a federal grand jury has indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities, accusing them of interference in the 2016 presidential election. More notably, some of those defendants allegedly communicated with unwitting individuals associated with the Trump campaign, a headline that's been credited with the recent selling on Wall Street.

However, that headline has more likely provided traders with a convenient excuse to take some money off the table following a five-session winning streak and ahead of an extended holiday weekend.
Dow: +25.63… | Nasdaq: -7.28… | S&P: +4.95…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1481/1132. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1859/1075.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have been selling off since our last update as investors exercise caution after Special Counsel Robert Mueller announced the indictment of 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities for crimes tied to their alleged efforts to interfere with the 2016 Presidential election.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Pfizer (PFE 36.50, +0.79), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ 134.01, +2.78), & General Electric (GE 15.08, +0.23) are outperforming. Pfizer and J&J are leading the Dow amid relative strength in health care, while GE is advancing after reaching a deal to sell part of its overseas lighting business.

Conversely, McDonald's (MCD 158.62, -2.16) is the worst-performing Dow component as consumer discretionary names lag in today's session.

At current levels, the DJIA is poised to closed the week with gains of 4.4%.
Dow: +51.28… | Nasdaq: +3.16… | S&P: +7.43…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1563/1095. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1915/1016.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities are higher for the sixth session in a row, looking to go into the extended holiday weekend on a positive note.

The S&P 500, the Dow Jones Industrial Average, and the Nasdaq Composite have been climbing steadily for the last two hours after opening the session near their unchanged marks. The three indices are currently trading near their session highs, sporting gains between 0.5% and 0.7%.

11 of 11 S&P 500 sectors are trading in the green, with health care (+1.4%) leading the charge. The other 10 groups hold gains between 0.3% and 1.1%.

Steel and aluminum names have rallied today after the U.S. Department of Commerce released a statement, in which it recommends that President Trump impose a tariff of at least 24.0% on all steel imports and a tariff of at least 7.7% on all aluminum imports. U.S. Steel (X 43.40, +4.41) shows particular strength, spiking 11.3%.

In earning news, Coca-Cola (KO 45.38, +0.59) and Deere (DE 174.10, +7.29) are up 1.3% and 4.5%, respectively, after reporting their fourth quarter results. Both companies beat earnings estimates, but were mixed on revenues; Coca-Cola reported better-than-expected revenues, while Deere's revenues came in below consensus.

Meanwhile, Facebook (FB 178.21, -1.75) is underperforming, down 1.0%, after losing a hearing in Belgium that forces the company to stop collecting data on Belgium citizens. Naturally, some investors are asking if other countries will follow suit.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are mostly higher today, although shorter-dated issues haven't budged from their flat lines. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is down two basis points at 2.87%, while the 2-yr yield is flat at 2.18%. Yields move inversely to prices.

Reviewing Friday's batch of economic data, which included Housing Starts and Building Permits for January, Import and Export Prices for January, and the preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for February:

Housing starts increased to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 1.326 million units in January (Briefing.com consensus 1.240 million), up from a revised 1.209 million units in December (from 1.192 million). Building permits increased to a seasonally adjusted 1.396 million in January (Briefing.com consensus 1.300 million) from a revised 1.300 million in December (from 1.302 million).
The key takeaway from the report is that it points to more supply coming to a housing market that is in desperate need of single-family supply. At the same time, this report provides a positive input for Q1 GDP as the number of units under construction in January (1.120 million) was 1.5% above the fourth quarter average.
Import prices excluding oil rose 0.4% in January after decreasing an unrevised 0.1% in December. Export prices excluding agriculture increased 0.9% in January after rising a revised 0.1% in December from (0.0%).
The key takeaway from the report is that it will continue to feed into the market's budding inflation expectations.
The preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for February rose to 99.9 (Briefing.com consensus 95.5) from 95.7 in January.
The key takeaway from the report is that consumer sentiment wasn't dented by the stock market volatility. Rather, the improved sentiment reading was attributed to optimism over government policies, improved financial conditions, and expectations for larger income gains in the year ahead.

Dow: +158.15… | Nasdaq: +31.14… | S&P: +16.98…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1732/947. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2079/843.

12:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue to trade at recent levels, hovering near their best marks of the day.

On the earnings front, Coca-Cola (KO 45.29, +0.51) and Deere (DE 174.10, +7.29) are up 1.1% and 4.4%, respectively, after reporting their fourth quarter results this morning. Both companies beat earnings estimates, but were mixed on revenues; Coca-Cola reported better-than-expected revenues, while Deere's revenues came in below consensus.

Conversely, Kraft Heinz (KHC 70.02, -2.68) and V.F. Corp (VFC 75.57, -8.37) are down 3.6% and 10.0%, respectively, after reporting worse-than-expected profits.
Dow: +157.36… | Nasdaq: +32.02… | S&P: +15.95…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1811/925. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2108/793.

12:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have pushed higher in recent trading, sending the S&P 500 (+0.6%) to a new session high.

Steel, aluminum, and metal names like Alcoa (AA 49.37, +1.79), U.S. Steel (X 42.40, +3.35), and Nucor (NUE 68.00, +2.42) are up between 3.1% and 8.2%, underpinned by rumors that the White House is considering tariffs on aluminum and steel imports of 7.7% and 24.0%, respectively. President Trump has until April 20 to make a final decision.

In Europe, the major bourses finished Friday on a higher note, with France's CAC (+1.1%) setting the pace. The Euro Stoxx 50 added 3.1% for the week.
Dow: +170.32… | Nasdaq: +33.22… | S&P: +16.25…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1854/911. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2158/728.

11:35AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are trading near their recent levels.

The top-weighted technology sector is a step above the broader market this morning, extending its lead for the week; the sector is up 6.7% week-to-date, which is 2.0% better than the S&P 500 and 1.5% better than the second-place industrial sector.

Within the tech space, Apple (AAPL 174.28, +1.29) is up 0.7%, extending its week-to-date gain to an impressive 11.6%, while fellow mega caps Alphabet (GOOGL 1101.05, +11.53) and Microsoft (MSFT 93.15, +0.50) sport respective gains of 1.1% and 0.5%.

Conversely, Facebook (FB 178.92, -1.04) is underperforming, down 0.6%, and is on track to register its third loss this week. The social media giant lost a hearing in Belgium today, forcing the company to stop collecting data on Belgium citizens. Some investors are concerned that other countries may follow suit.
Dow: +122.96… | Nasdaq: +22.36… | S&P: +11.71…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1787/970. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2017/836.

11:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major stock indices are modestly higher after starting the session little changed. The Dow Jones Industrial Average and the Nasdaq Composite trade roughly in line with the benchmark S&P 500, which is currently sporting a gain of 0.3%.

Nine of eleven S&P 500 sectors are trading in the green, with technology (+0.5%), health care (+0.6%), real estate (+0.6%), and telecom services (+0.8%) being the top performers. The energy and materials sectors are the two declining groups, showing losses of around 0.2% apiece.

Meanwhile, in the bond market, the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note has risen to a fresh session high in recent trading, sending its yield to 2.85%. The 10-yr yield finished Thursday at 2.89%, two basis points shy of the four-year high it touched on Wednesday.
Dow: +68.64… | Nasdaq: +12.60… | S&P: +5.68…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1819/943. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1824/970.

10:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day lower:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently -0.2% at 88.0294
Dollar index is currently up 0.36% at 88.91
Mar WTI crude is down 0.44% on the day.
Futures are $0.27 lower to $60.9/barrel.
In other energy, Mar natural gas is down $0.01 at $2.57/MMBtu
Metals:
Apr gold gained $1.5 and trades at $1356.8/oz, while Mar silver lost $0.03 to $16.77/oz
Mar copper gained 0.01 to $3.26/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Mar corn is unchanged at $3.68/bu.
Mar soy is down $0.04 at $10.205/bu.
Mar wheat is down $0.05 at $4.57/bu.

Dow: +92.93… | Nasdaq: +20.16… | S&P: +7.73…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1793/944. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1843/946.

10:05AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 continues to drift near its unchanged mark.

Just in, the preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for February rose to 99.9 (Briefing.com consensus 95.5) from 95.7 in January.
Dow: +2.61… | Nasdaq: +0.93… | S&P: -1.53…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1604/1126. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1445/1263.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500, the Nasdaq Composite, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average are a tick higher in the opening minutes of today's session.

Sector movement has been modest; 11 of 11 groups are trading within 0.4% of their flat lines. The real estate group (+0.4%) is the strongest sector, while the energy group (-0.4%) is the weakest.

As a reminder, the preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for February (Briefing.com consensus 95.5) will be released at 10:00 AM ET.
Dow: +59.19… | Nasdaq: +7.00… | S&P: +2.91…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1538/1100. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1370/1238.

09:14AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -3.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -10.80.

Equity futures are now pointing towards a lower open for the U.S. equity market, with the S&P 500 futures trading four points, or 0.1%, below fair value. About an hour ago, the S&P 500 futures were up around 10 points, or 0.4%. There isn't a specific catalyst behind the change in sentiment.

Investors received several pieces of economic data earlier this morning:

The Treasury market has ticked higher following the economic data, pushing yields below yesterday's closing levels; the benchmark 10-yr yield is down three basis points at 2.86%.

In earnings news, Coca-Cola (KO 45.62, +0.80) is up 1.8% in pre-market trading after reporting above-consensus earnings and revenues for the fourth quarter and raising its profit guidance for fiscal year 2018. Deere (DE 168.00, +1.19) is also higher, up 0.7%, after beating earnings estimates and issuing upbeat sales guidance.

Also of note, the U.S. Dollar Index is up 0.5% at 88.90 after finishing Thursday at a three-year low.

08:52AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +11.00.

The S&P 500 futures trade five points, or 0.2%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended the week on a higher note while markets in China, Hong Kong, and South Korea remained closed for Golden Week. In Japan, Haruhiko Kuroda was nominated to another term as governor of the Bank of Japan. Masayoshi Amamiya and Masazumi Wakatabe will be named deputy governors. Chinese investors attempting to buy the Chicago Stock Exchange have been blocked by the SEC. South Korea's President Moon Jae-in is reportedly willing to travel to North Korea if DPRK changes its stance.

In economic data:
New Zealand's January Business PMI 55.6 (last 51.2). January RBNZ Offshore Holdings 57.3% (last 58.0%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei gained 1.2%, rising 1.6% for the week. Trend Micro jumped 10.4% while Chubu Electric Power, Ricoh, Kyocera, Dainippon Screen Manufacturing, Daikin Industries, Taisei Corp, Yamaha, Kikkoman, Bridgestone, and TOTO posted gains between 2.0% and 6.5%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng was closed. The index rose 5.5% for the week.
China's Shanghai Composite was closed, rising 2.2% for the week.
India's Sensex lost 0.8%, falling 3.0% for the week. SBI, Yes Bank, and ICICI Bank all lost near 2.5% while Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, Tata Steel, Hero MotoCorp, and Bajaj Auto posted losses between 1.0% and 2.0%.

Major European indices trade higher across the board. The last poll conducted prior to the Italian election on March 4 showed that no single party or coalition is expected to form a majority. Germany will reportedly increase its contribution to the EU budget by EUR3.00 billion to EUR3.50 billion. Keep in mind that SPD has yet to approve the proposal to form a coalition with CDU/CSU.

In economic data:
Germany's January WPI +0.9% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last -0.3%); +2.0% year-over-year (last 1.8%)
UK's January Retail Sales +0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.5%; last -1.4%); +1.6% year-over-year (consensus 2.6%; last 1.5%). Core Retail Sales +0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.6%; last -1.5%); +1.5% year-over-year (expected 2.5%; last 1.3%)

---Equity Markets---

Germany's DAX is higher by 0.5%. Adidas, Deutsche Boerse, Merck, BMW, Volkswagen, Bayer, and Daimler gained between 0.5% and 1.7%.
UK's FTSE has climbed 0.6%. Consumer names have shown relative strength with Next, ITV, Morrison Supermarkets, Associated British Foods, Diageo, and Marks & Spencer rising between 1.0% and 2.1%.
France's CAC trades up 0.9%. Danone, Renault, Airbus, Michelin, Pernod Ricard, Peugeot, Carrefour, and Total outperform with gains between 1.2% and 2.6% while Vivendi has slid 6.4% after failing to provide guidance for the full year.

08:35AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +6.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +18.80.

The S&P 500 futures trade six points, or 0.2%, above fair value.

Just in, Housing starts increased to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 1.326 million units in January (Briefing.com consensus 1.240 million), up from a revised 1.209 million units in December (from 1.192 million). Building permits increased to a seasonally adjusted 1.396 million in January (Briefing.com consensus 1.300 million) from a revised 1.300 million in December (from 1.302 million).

Separately, import prices excluding oil rose 0.4% in January after decreasing an unrevised 0.1% in December. Export prices excluding agriculture increased 0.9% in January after rising a revised 0.1% in December from (0.0%).

07:56AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +10.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +34.50.

Equities notched their fifth consecutive advance yesterday and look poised to open today's session in the green as the S&P 500 futures are trading 10 points, or 0.4%, above fair value. The Dow futures are also up 0.4%, while the Nasdaq 100 futures trade higher by 0.5%.

Investors will receive a sizable batch of economic data this morning that includes Housing Starts (Briefing.com consensus 1240K) and Building Permits (Briefing.com consensus 1300K) for January, Import and Export Prices for January, and the preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for February (Briefing.com consensus 95.5). The first four pieces of data will be released at 8:30 AM ET, while the Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index will cross the wires at 10:00 AM ET.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are mixed this morning, with shorter-dated issues showing relative weakness. The yield on the 2-yr Treasury note is up two basis points at 2.20%, which marks its highest level in nearly a decade, while the benchmark 10-yr yield is down one basis point at 2.88% after closing at a four-year high on Wednesday. Yields move inversely to prices.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is up 0.3% at 88.71 after hitting a three-year low yesterday, West Texas Intermediate crude futures are up 0.5% at $61.63 per barrel, looking for their third consecutive win, and the CBOE Volatility Index is down 1.5% at 18.84, which marks a fresh two-week low.

Coming into today's session, the S&P 500, the Nasdaq, and the Dow hold week-to-date gains between 4.2% and 5.6%.

In U.S. corporate news:

Coca-Cola (KO 46.10, +1.32): +3.0% after reporting above-consensus earnings and revenues for Q4 and raising its profit guidance for FY18.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended the week on a higher note while markets in China, Hong Kong, and South Korea remained closed for Golden Week. Japan's Nikkei +1.2%, India's Sensex -0.8%.
In economic data:
New Zealand's January Business PMI 55.6 (last 51.2). January RBNZ Offshore Holdings 57.3% (last 58.0%)
In news:
In Japan, Haruhiko Kuroda was nominated to another term as governor of the Bank of Japan. Masayoshi Amamiya and Masazumi Wakatabe will be named deputy governors.
Chinese investors attempting to buy the Chicago Stock Exchange have been blocked by the SEC.
South Korea's President Moon Jae-in is reportedly willing to travel to North Korea if DPRK changes its stance.

Major European indices trade higher across the board. Germany's DAX +0.4%, UK's FTSE +0.6%, France's CAC +0.8%.
In economic data:
Germany's January WPI +0.9% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last -0.3%); +2.0% year-over-year (last 1.8%)
UK's January Retail Sales +0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.5%; last -1.4%); +1.6% year-over-year (consensus 2.6%; last 1.5%). Core Retail Sales +0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.6%; last -1.5%); +1.5% year-over-year (expected 2.5%; last 1.3%)
In news:
The last poll conducted prior to the Italian election on March 4 showed that no single party or coalition is expected to form a majority.
Germany will reportedly increase its contribution to the EU budget by EUR3.00 billion to EUR3.50 billion. Keep in mind that SPD has yet to approve the proposal to form a coalition with CDU/CSU.

05:51AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +9.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +33.50.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...21720.25...+255.30...+1.20%. Hang Seng...Holiday.........

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7285.95...+51.10...+0.70%. DAX...12437.18...+91.00...+0.70%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com