TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: February 1st Thursday Price Action Trade Result - No Trades
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:34 am 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users Reviews, Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Quote:
No trades today because it was a day set aside to clean my camping equipment after the vacation in January and to setup new computers. The new computers...I'm moving from desktops to laptop connected to my multiple monitors for trading. Essentially I'm moving from sitting to standing while trading for better circulation in my body.

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $0.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=2744

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades and price action analysis are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...review of TheStrategyLab is that this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=345&t=3659 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
020118-Key-Markets.png
020118-Key-Markets.png [ 483.21 KiB | Viewed 374 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: +37.32… | Nasdaq: -25.62… | S&P: -1.83…
NASDAQ Vol: ---… Adv: 1159… Dec: 1111…
NYSE Vol: 914.0 mln… Adv: 1318… Dec: 1647…

Moving the Market

Top-weighted technology sector backtracks, gives up all of earlier gain

Treasury yields hover at multi-year highs, help influential financial sector outperform

Amazon (AMZN) sells off ahead of tonight's earnings

Sector Watch
Strong: Financials, Energy, Telecom Services
Weak: Consumer Discretionary, Materials, Utilities, Real Estate

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] U.S. equities had a mixed outing on Thursday as investors watched yields rise to multi-year highs, digested a tech-heavy batch of fourth quarter earnings, and looked ahead to Friday's release of the Employment Situation report for January. After opening lower, the market struggled for direction, rotating between modest gains and losses.

At its best mark of the day, the S&P 500 was up 0.4% and, at its worst, was down 0.4%. The benchmark index ended just a tick lower, losing 0.1%, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average advanced 0.1% and the Nasdaq Composite shed 0.4%. Small caps outperformed, pushing the Russell 2000 higher by 0.3%.

Equities soared through the first four weeks of 2018, hitting record after record, but investors have decided to pull back this week. The major averages hold week-to-date losses between 1.6% and 1.8% going into Friday's session, but still hold year-to-date gains between 5.6% and 7.0%.

The most recent batch of Q4 earnings included technology heavyweights Microsoft (MSFT 94.26, -0.75) and Facebook (FB 193.09, +6.20), less influential tech names like PayPal (PYPL 78.40, -6.92) and eBay (EBAY 46.19, +5.61), wireless giant AT&T (T 39.16, +1.71), chemical mammoth DowDuPont (DWDP 73.50, -2.08), and package deliverer UPS (UPS 119.51, -7.81). Six of the seven companies beat both earnings and revenue estimates (eBay's results were in line with estimates), but only three advanced on Thursday.

Facebook climbed 3.3% to a new all-time high after reassuring investors that its ad business would remain highly profitable despite changes to its news feed, which have prompted users to spend less time on the site--about 50 million hours less per day in aggregate. Meanwhile, eBay spiked 13.8% to a new record after announcing plans to take over crucial payment processing duties from PayPal, which tumbled 8.1% in reaction.

As for the others, AT&T soared 4.6% after raising its profit guidance for fiscal year 2018, while DowDuPont and UPS dropped 2.8% and 6.1%, respectively. UPS fell after announcing plans to upgrade its delivery network, which struggled to fulfill a high volume of orders during the holiday season.

Declining issues outnumbered advancers 1.2 to 1 at the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday. Energy shares showed relative strength, pushing the S&P 500's energy sector higher by 1.1%, as the price of crude oil climbed for the second day in a row; West Texas Intermediate crude futures advanced 1.6% to $65.76 per barrel. Financial stocks also outperformed, thanks in large part to an increase in Treasury yields, which touched new multi-year highs.

The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note jumped five basis points to 2.77%, its highest level since April 2014, and the 2-yr yield advanced two basis points to 2.16%, its highest mark in over a decade--dating back to the financial crisis. The recent rise in Treasury yields--the 10-yr yield has climbed 42 basis points in seven weeks--is seen by some as a positive sign for economic growth, but it could also be a headwind for equities, which are trading at high valuations.

Elsewhere, equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region finished Thursday on a mixed note; Japan's Nikkei added 1.6%, breaking a six-session losing streak, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng and China's Shanghai Composite lost 0.8% and 1.0%, respectively.

In Europe, Germany's DAX (-1.4%), the UK's FTSE (-0.6%), and France's CAC (-0.5%) tumbled as the euro climbed 0.8% against the U.S. dollar to 1.2517--a three-year high. The pound also advanced against the greenback, jumping 0.6% to 1.4274, while the Japanese yen finished roughly flat (109.27).

Reviewing Thursday's batch of economic data, which included the ISM Manufacturing Index for January, the preliminary readings for fourth quarter Productivity and Unit Labor Costs, weekly Initial Claims, and Construction Spending for December:

The ISM Index for January declined to 59.1 from a revised reading of 59.3 in December (from 59.7), while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 58.5.
The key takeaway from the report is that the manufacturing sector is still expanding at a solid clip, driven by an ongoing expansion in new order and production activity.
The preliminary unit labor costs rose 2.0% during the fourth quarter, while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 1.0%. The preliminary productivity reading showed a decrease of 0.1%, while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 1.0%.
The key takeaway from this report is that it will feed into the market's burgeoning concerns about rising inflation and it will trigger some added concerns about economic growth not living up to the market's high expectations.
The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 230,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 238,000. Today's tally was below the revised prior week count of 231,000 (from 233,000). As for continuing claims, they rose to 1.953 million from a revised count of 1.940 million (from 1.937 million).
The latest week marked the 152nd week that initial claims have been below 300,000
The Construction Spending report for December increased 0.7% (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%). The prior month's increase was lowered to 0.6% from 0.8%.
The key takeaway from the report is that construction spending growth continues to run at a relatively slow pace.

On Friday, investors will receive the Employment Situation report for January at 8:30 AM ET. The Briefing.com consensus expects the report will show the addition of 180,000 nonfarm payrolls (prior 148,000), a 0.3% increase in average hourly earnings (prior +0.3%), and an unemployment rate of 4.1% (prior 4.1%).

In addition, the final reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for January (Briefing.com consensus 95.0) and Factory Orders for December (Briefing.com consensus +1.3%) will both cross the wires at 10:00 AM ET.

Nasdaq Composite: +7.0% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: +5.9% YTD
S&P 500: +5.6% YTD
Russell 2000: +2.9% YTD

Dow: +37.32… | Nasdaq: -25.62… | S&P: -1.83…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1159/1111. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1318/1647.

03:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day slightly higher:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up 0.07% at 89.8659
Dollar index is currently down 0.57% at 88.62
Feb WTI Crude is up 1.59% on the day.
Futures settle $1.03 higher to $65.76/barrel.
In other energy:
Natural gas inventory showed a draw of 99 bcf vs a draw of 288 bcf in the prior week
Feb Natural Gas settled down $0.15 at $2.85/MMBtu
On the metals:
Feb Gold gained $4.40 to settle at $1347.50/oz, while Mar silver lost $0.08 to $17.16/oz
Mar Copper gained $0.01 to $3.21/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Mar Corn settled unchanged at $3.62/bu.
Jan Soy settled down $0.0025 at $9.8475/bu.
Mar wheat settled flat at $4.51/bu.

Dow: -49.52… | Nasdaq: -38.55… | S&P: -8.62…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1175/1284. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1231/1740.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities have returned to their flat lines after dipping into the red. The Dow and the S&P 500 are up 0.1% apiece, while the Nasdaq still holds a slim loss of 0.1%.

Looking ahead, some of the biggest companies in the S&P 500 will report earnings following today's closing bell, including Apple (AAPL 167.86, +0.42), Amazon (AMZN 1425.25, -25.64), and Alphabet (GOOGL 1177.14, -4.72). Amgen (AMGN 184.97, -1.08) and Visa (V 124.98, +0.75) will also report this evening, while Merck (MRK 59.52, +0.27) and energy giants Exxon Mobil (XOM 88.79, +1.49) and Chevron (CVX 125.15, -0.20) will step up to the plate tomorrow morning.

As for economic data, investors will receive the Employment Situation report for January at 8:30 AM ET on Friday morning. The Briefing.com consensus expects the report will show the addition of 180,000 nonfarm payrolls, a 0.3% increase in average hourly earnings, and an unemployment rate of 4.1%.
Dow: +31.19… | Nasdaq: -4.03… | S&P: +1.49…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1337/1239. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1367/1590.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have slid into negative territory and now hold losses between 0.1% and 0.3%. The tech-heavy Nasdaq (-0.3%) shows relative weakness.

The top-weighted technology sector has been tumbling this afternoon; the group was up 0.7% about an hour ago, but now trades lower by 0.2%. Microsoft (MSFT 94.30, -0.71) has led the reversal, exchanging a gain of 0.9% for a loss of 0.7%, and PayPal (PYPL 79.53, -5.79) is also weighing on the sector. PYPL shares have lost 6.8% after eBay (EBAY 46.51, +5.93) announced it will no longer use PayPal as its primary payments provider.

Facebook (FB 192.76, +5.80) is still going strong, however, up 3.3%, after crushing Q4 earnings and revenues estimates on Wednesday evening.
Dow: -23.98… | Nasdaq: -23.02… | S&P: -5.01…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1202/1401. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1271/1662.

01:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major stock indices are attempting to protect their slim gains this afternoon. The S&P 500 is higher by 0.1%.

Six sectors trade in the green--telecom services (+2.5%), financials (+0.7%), energy (+0.6%), technology (+0.4%), health care (+0.2%), and industrials (+0.1%)--while five trade in the red--consumer discretionary (-0.1%), consumer staples (-0.1%), materials (-1.0%), real estate (-1.1%), and utilities (-1.2%).

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries have slipped to new lows, pushing the benchmark 10-yr yield to 2.76%--which is four basis points above its Wednesday close.
Dow: +58.38… | Nasdaq: +3.49… | S&P: +4.04…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1397/1315. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1460/1472.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue their gradual move higher, as stocks currently sit just below their best levels of the day.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Walt Disney (DIS 110.45, +1.78), Pfizer (PFE 37.30, +0.60), & Exxon Mobil (XOM 88.71, +1.41) are outperforming.

Conversely, DowDuPont (DWDP 74.01, -1.57) is the worst-performing Dow component after the company reported its fourth quarter results earlier this morning.

For the week, this DJIA is currently down 1.25%.
Dow: +139.46… | Nasdaq: +27.87… | S&P: +11.56…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1594/1149. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1576/1348.

01:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have bounced back from opening losses and are on track for their second consecutive win; the Dow Jones Industrial Average is up 0.5%, the S&P 500 is higher by 0.3%, and the Nasdaq Composite sports a gain of 0.2%. At the opening bell, the major averages held losses between 0.1% and 0.4%.

The recent gains have done little to change the overall tone of the week, however. The Dow, the S&P 500, and the Nasdaq hold week-to-date losses of 1.2%, 1.0%, and 1.4%, respectively, following sizable declines on Monday and Tuesday and a very slim victory on Wednesday.

Six of eleven sectors are trading in the green this afternoon, with the telecom services space (+2.2%) leading the charge following AT&T's (T 38.94, +1.49) upbeat earnings report, which showed above-consensus earnings and revenues. The wireless giant also raised its profit guidance for fiscal year 2018. AT&T shares are up 4.0%.

Meanwhile, the top-weighted technology sector is also outperforming. Tech giants Facebook (FB 193.96, +7.07) and Microsoft (MSFT 95.88, +0.86) are up 3.7% and 0.8%, respectively, after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues for the fourth quarter, while eBay (EBAY 46.45, +5.88) has spiked 14.5% after raising its sales guidance for fiscal year 2018. On the downside, PayPal (PYPL 80.04, -5.28) has tumbled 6.2% after eBay announced that it will no longer use PayPal as its primary payments provider.

The heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.7%) is relatively strong as well, as is the industrial sector (+0.4%) despite the underperformance of UPS (UPS 119.73, -7.58). UPS is down 6.0% after its fourth quarter results revealed that the company found it challenging to keep up with surges in cyber-period volume, leading to higher operating expenses during peak periods. However, UPS did beat top and bottom line estimates.

On the flip side, the materials sector (-0.8%) is among the worst-performing groups, with DowDuPont (DWDP 74.35, -1.23) losing 1.6% even though it reported better-than-expected earnings and revenues this morning. The real estate (-1.1%) and utilities (-1.1%) groups also show notable weakness.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are under pressure, pushing yields to multi-year highs; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up three basis points at 2.75%, marking its highest level since April 2014. Meanwhile, the 2-yr yield is up one basis point at 2.15%.

Reviewing Thursday's batch of economic data, which included the ISM Manufacturing Index for January, the preliminary readings for fourth quarter Productivity and Unit Labor Costs, weekly Initial Claims, and Construction Spending for December:

The ISM Index for January declined to 59.1 from a revised reading of 59.3 in December (from 59.7), while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 58.5.
The key takeaway from the report is that the manufacturing sector is still expanding at a solid clip, driven by an ongoing expansion in new order and production activity.
The preliminary unit labor costs rose 2.0% during the fourth quarter, while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 1.0%. The preliminary productivity reading showed a decrease of 0.1%, while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 1.0%.
The key takeaway from this report is that it will feed into the market's burgeoning concerns about rising inflation and it will trigger some added concerns about economic growth not living up to the market's high expectations.
The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 230,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 238,000. Today's tally was below the revised prior week count of 231,000 (from 233,000). As for continuing claims, they rose to 1.953 million from a revised count of 1.940 million (from 1.937 million).
The latest week marked the 152nd week that initial claims have been below 300,000
The Construction Spending report for December increased 0.7% (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%). The prior month's increase was lowered to 0.6% from 0.8%.
The key takeaway from the report is that construction spending growth continues to run at a relatively slow pace.

Dow: +126.76… | Nasdaq: +16.83… | S&P: +8.65…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1500/1253. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1502/1406.

12:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are trading at their best marks of the day, sporting gains between 0.2% and 0.5%.

Shares of CBS (CBS 59.11, +1.50) have been ticking higher in recent action, and are up 2.8%, following reports that Viacom (VIAB 33.37, -0.05) has started forming a committee to consider a merger with CBS. Meanwhile, shares of PG&E (PCG 43.70, +1.27) are up 3.0% following headlines that fires started in Santa Rosa neighborhoods were caused by electrical equipment owned and installed by third parities--likely exonerating PCG from any liability.

In Europe, European Central Bank official Ewald Nowotny said the ECB will make a decision regarding its asset purchase program by September and that he thinks economic conditions are strong enough to end the program. The euro is now up 0.6% against the U.S. dollar at 1.2490.
Dow: +131.76… | Nasdaq: +15.41… | S&P: +8.88…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1475/1263. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1512/1400.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have rallied in recent action, with financial shares pacing the move; the S&P 500 is up 0.3% with its financial sector up 0.7%.

West Texas Intermediate crude futures are higher for the second day in a row, climbing 0.9% to $65.34 per barrel, but remain 1.2% lower for the week. The energy sector has benefited from today's rise in oil prices, adding 0.2%, with Dow component Chevron (CVX 88.27, +0.97) sporting a gain of 1.1%.

Elsewhere, the major European stock indices finished Thursday in the red; France's CAC, the UK's FTSE, and Germany's DAX lost 0.4%, 0.7%, and 1.4%, respectively. The euro is up 0.5% against the U.S. dollar at 1.2479, while the British pound has climbed 0.4% against the greenback to 1.4240.

The U.S. Dollar Index is down 0.3% at 88.66, marking a fresh three-year low.
Dow: +106.79… | Nasdaq: +13.50… | S&P: +8.34…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1326/1426. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1428/1442.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have ticked up since the last update, with the S&P 500 reaching its unchanged mark.

American automakers are lower today after reporting mixed January sales: General Motors (GM 42.20, -0.21) is down 0.5% after reporting that its U.S. sales increased 1.0% year over year, while Ford Motor (F 10.86, -0.10) and Fiat Chrysler (FCAU 23.96, -0.20) are lower by 0.8% apiece after reporting year-over-year declines of 6.0% and 13.0%, respectively.

The consumer discretionary sector, which houses automakers, trades behind the broader market, down 0.3%.
Dow: +2.25… | Nasdaq: -1.00… | S&P: -1.34…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1076/1679. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1137/1730.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major stock indices are trading roughly flat; the Nasdaq is up 0.1%, while the S&P 500 and the Dow are down 0.1% and 0.2%, respectively.

Nine of eleven sectors are trading in the red, with losses ranging between 0.1% and 1.4%. The lightly-weighted materials sector is the weakest group, with Dow component DowDuPont (DWDP 73.63, -1.94) losing 2.5%. The chemical giant reported better-than-expected earnings and revenues this morning.

Meanwhile, the top-weighted technology sector has done relatively well today, adding 0.4%, with Facebook (FB 193.60, +6.71) and Microsoft (MSFT 95.74, +0.73) adding 3.6% and 0.8%, respectively. The two tech giants reported better-than-expected earnings and revenues on Wednesday evening.

The telecom services sector (+2.5%) is the top-performing group. Wireless giant AT&T (T 39.21, +1.76) has rallied 4.7% to a one-month high after reporting upbeat earnings and revenues and issuing better-than-expected profit guidance for fiscal year 2018.
Dow: -34.64… | Nasdaq: +10.29… | S&P: -2.68…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1158/1570. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1169/1675.

10:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day lower:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down 0.27% at 89.5602
Dollar index is currently down 0.19% at 88.96
Jan WTI crude is up 1.04% on the day.
Futures are $0.67 higher to $65.4/barrel.
In other energy:
Natural gas inventory showed a draw of 99 bcf vs a draw of 288 bcf in the prior week
Jan natural gas is down $0.12 at $2.88/MMBtu
Metals:
Feb gold gained $2.10 and trades at $1345.20/oz, while Mar silver lost $0.11 to $17.13/oz
Mar copper remains unchanged at $3.20/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Mar corn is down $0.02 at $3.6/bu.
Jan soy is down $0.08 at $9.8775/bu.
Mar wheat is down $0.05 at $4.47/bu.

Dow: -41.73… | Nasdaq: -9.12… | S&P: -5.36…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1173/1555. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1214/1593.

10:05AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have reached their flat lines after opening with modest losses.

Just in, the ISM Index for January declined to 59.1 from a revised reading of 59.3 in December (from 59.7), while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 58.5.

Separately, the Construction Spending report for December increased 0.7% (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%). The prior month's increase was lowered to 0.6% from 0.8%.
Dow: -2.55… | Nasdaq: -2.45… | S&P: -0.60…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1177/1533. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1212/1550.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major stock indices are lower this morning, showing losses between 0.1% and 0.4%.

Sectors are pretty evenly mixed between green and red. The lightly-weighted telecom services sector (+2.4%) displays notable strength after AT&T (T 38.90, +1.45) reported better-than-expected earnings and revenues for the fourth quarter and issued upbeat profit guidance for fiscal year 2018; AT&T shares are up 3.7%.

Meanwhile, the health care (-0.4%), industrials (-0.4%), and consumer staples (-0.6%) groups are among the weakest performers.

As a reminder, today's last two economic reports--the ISM Manufacturing Index for January (Briefing.com consensus 58.5) and Construction Spending for December (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%)--will be released at 10:00 AM ET.
Dow: -90.65… | Nasdaq: -12.43… | S&P: -3.08…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1031/1621. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1080/1596.

09:12AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -12.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -49.50.

Equity futures were pointing to slim gains earlier, but now point to a lower open for the U.S. equity market. The S&P 500 futures trade 12 points, or 0.4%, below fair value.

In earnings news, Facebook (FB 189.30, +2.41) is up 1.3% in pre-market trading after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues, while Microsoft (MSFT 93.88, -1.13) is down 1.2% after also beating top and bottom line estimates. FB acknowledged that recent changes to its news feed have reduced time on the social media site by 50 million hours per day, but it believes the changes will make the company stronger over the long term.

Meanwhile, eBay (EBAY 44.75, +4.17) is up 10.3% after raising its sales guidance for fiscal year 2018, PayPal (PYPL 79.87, -5.45) is down 6.3% despite reporting upbeat earnings and revenues and issuing better-than-expected guidance, and UPS (UPS 120.40, -6.92) is lower by 5.4% despite beating top and bottom line estimates.

Apple (AAPL 167.01, -0.42), Amazon (AMZN 1443.00, -7.89), and Alphabet (GOOGL 1182.18, -0.04) will report following today's closing bell.

Reviewing this morning's batch of economic data, which included the preliminary readings for fourth quarter Productivity and Unit Labor Costs and the weekly Initial Claims report:

Today's last two economic reports--the ISM Manufacturing Index for January (Briefing.com consensus 58.5) and Construction Spending for December (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%)--will be released at 10:00 AM ET.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are relatively flat this morning with the benchmark 10-yr yield up one basis point at 2.73% and the 2-yr yield unchanged at 2.14%.

Meanwhile, West Texas Intermediate crude futures are up 1.2% at $65.60 per barrel, the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 13.95, +0.37) is up 2.7%, and the U.S. Dollar Index is down 0.2% at 88.80, hovering near a three-year low.

08:55AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -6.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -44.30.

The S&P 500 futures trade seven points, or 0.2%, below fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Thursday on a mixed, but quiet, note. China's gold consumption in 2017 was up 9.4% year-over-year to 1089 tons while production declined 6.0% year-over-year to 426 tons.

In economic data:
China's January Caixin Manufacturing PMI 51.5, as expected (last 51.5)
Japan's January Manufacturing PMI 54.8 (expected 54.4; last 54.4)
Australia's January AIG Manufacturing Index 58.7 (last 56.2). December Building Approvals -20.0% month-over-month (expected -8.0%; last 12.6%). Q4 Import Price Index +2.0% quarter-over-quarter (expected 1.5%; last -1.6%) and Q4 Export Price Index +2.8% quarter-over-quarter (expected 2.0%; last -3.0%)
South Korea's January CPI +0.4% month-over-month (expected 0.7%; last 0.3%); +1.0% year-over-year (expected 1.3%; last 1.5%). January trade surplus $3.70 billion (last $5.54 billion). January Imports +20.9% year-over-year (expected 19.5%; last 13.6%) and January Exports +22.2% year-over-year (expected 22.9%; last 8.9%)
Hong Kong's December Retail Sales +5.8% year-over-year (last 7.5%)
India's January Nikkei Manufacturing PMI 52.4 (expected 54.5; last 54.7)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei gained 1.6%, recording its first advance in the past seven days. Fujifilm Holdings spiked 12.1% after confirming plans to merge with Xerox. Hino Motors, Tokyo Gas, Sumitomo Mitsui, Chugai Pharmaceutical, Shiseido, Yamato Holdings, Kyocera, Sony, Isuzu Motors, and Familymart posted gains between 2.9% and 8.0%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng lost 0.8%. Sands China, AIA Group, Geely Automobile, Ping An Insurance, Bank of East Asia, PetroChina, Hang Lung Properties, and CNOOC surrendered between 1.0% and 3.1%.
China's Shanghai Composite ended lower by 1.0%. Lotus Health, Glarun Technology, Hebei Hengshui Laobaigan, Hubei Kaile Science & Technology, and Shanghai Tongda Venture Capital all lost near 10.0%.
India's Sensex shed 0.2%. Drugmakers Sun Pharma and Dr. Reddy's Labs lost 4.0% and 3.1%, respectively, while financials like SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, and AXIS Bank lost between 0.5% and 2.3%.

Major European indices have given up earlier gains and are now trading lower across the board. It seems like last week's ECB press conference never ended, considering ECB officials have continued taking turns to shape the narrative about the regional economy. Chief Economist Peter Praet said the central bank is still 'some distance away' from meeting the criteria for 'a sustained adjustment in the path of inflation,' adding that an ample degree of monetary stimulus remains necessary. ECB member Benoit Coeure said that a currency war is always a losing proposition, adding that he expects rates to remain very low for an extended period. Italy's Forza Italia refuted reports that claimed Silvio Berlusconi may be in poor health.

In economic data:
Eurozone January Manufacturing PMI 59.6, as expected (last 59.6)
Germany's January Manufacturing PMI 61.1 (expected 61.2; last 61.2)
UK's January Manufacturing PMI 55.3 (expected 56.5; last 56.2). January Nationwide HPI +0.6% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 0.6%); +3.2% year-over-year (expected 2.5%; last 2.6%)
France's January Manufacturing PMI 58.4 (expected 58.1; last 58.1)
Italy's January Manufacturing PMI 59.0 (expected 57.5; last 57.4)
Spain's January Manufacturing PMI 55.2 (expected 55.7; last 55.8)
Swiss January SVME PMI 65.3 (expected 64.1; last 65.6). Q1 SECO Consumer Climate 5 (expected 2; last -2). December Retail Sales +0.6% year-over-year (expected 1.5%; last 0.3%)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE is down 0.5%. Capita has continued its woeful showing, diving 19.9%. Shire, Royal Dutch Shell, Tesco, and Diageo show losses between 0.7% and 1.8%. On the upside, ITV, Carnival, Taylor Wimpey, Morrison Supermarkets, and InterContinental Hotels hold gains between 0.4% and 2.5%.
Germany's DAX is lower by 1.4%. Commerzbank shows relative strength, up 0.3%. On the downside, Siemens, Daimler, and Merck are down between 2.6% and 4.0%.
France's CAC has shed 0.4%. Valeo, Safran, Air Liquide, Vivendi, and Airbus are the weakest performers, showing losses between 1.2% and 1.5%, while Peugeot has jumped 1.8%.

08:35AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -1.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -15.00.

The S&P 500 futures trade two points, or 0.1%, below fair value.

Just in, the preliminary unit labor costs rose 2.0% during the fourth quarter, while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 1.0%. The preliminary productivity reading showed a decrease of 0.1%, while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 1.0%.

Separately, the latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 230,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 238,000. Today's tally was below the revised prior week count of 231,000 (from 233,000). As for continuing claims, they rose to 1.953 million from a revised count of 1.940 million (from 1.937 million).

07:59AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -3.80.

The U.S. equity market eked out its first victory of the week on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 adding 0.1%. This morning, the S&P 500 futures are pointing towards a slightly higher open, up four points (or 0.1%), as investors turn their attention to tonight's earnings, which will include results from Apple (AAPL), Amazon (AMZN), and Alphabet (GOOGL), and tomorrow's release of the Employment Situation report for January (Briefing.com consensus +180K).

After a fantastic start to the year, the S&P 500 has lost 1.7% this week, trimming its 2018 gain to 5.6%. 10 of 11 sectors have moved lower week to date, with the health care (-3.8% WTD) and energy (-3.5% WTD) sectors setting the pace. The lightly-weighted real estate group (+0.4% WTD) is this week's only advancer.

Investors will receive a big batch of economic data today: weekly Initial Claims (Briefing.com consensus 238K) and the preliminary readings for fourth quarter Productivity (Briefing.com consensus +1.0%) and Unit Labor Costs (Briefing.com consensus +1.0%) will be released at 8:30 AM ET, while the ISM Manufacturing Index for January (Briefing.com consensus 58.5) and Construction Spending for December (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) will be released at 10:00 AM ET.

In addition, U.S. auto and truck sales for January will be released throughout the day.

U.S. Treasuries are under pressure this morning, sending yields to multi-year highs; the benchmark 10-yr yield is up three basis points at 2.75%, which is its highest level since April 2014. Meanwhile, West Texas Intermediate crude futures are up 0.6% at $65.13 per barrel, the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 13.25, -0.33) is down 2.4%, and the U.S. Dollar Index is flat at 88.91, hovering near a three-year low.

Elsewhere, equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region finished Thursday on a mixed note with Japan's Nikkei adding 1.6% and Hong Kong's Hang Seng and China's Shanghai Composite losing 0.8% and 1.0%, respectively. Meanwhile, the Euro Stoxx 50 trades higher by 0.2%.

In U.S. corporate news:

Facebook (FB 190.70, +3.81): +2.0% after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues. The social media giant acknowledged that recent changes to its news feed have reduced time on the site by 50 million hours per day, but it believes the changes will make the company stronger over the long term.
Microsoft (MSFT 94.51, -0.50): -0.5% despite beating earnings and revenue estimates.
AT&T (T 38.81, +1.36): +3.6% after reporting above-consensus earnings and revenues and raising its profit guidance for fiscal year 2018.
eBay (EBAY 45.00, +4.42): +10.9% after raising its sales guidance for fiscal year 2018.
PayPal (PYPL 77.95, -7.37): -8.6% despite reporting upbeat earnings and revenues and issuing better-than-expected guidance.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Thursday on a mixed, but quiet, note. Japan's Nikkei +1.6%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng -0.8%, China's Shanghai Composite -1.0%, India's Sensex -0.2%.
In economic data:
China's January Caixin Manufacturing PMI 51.5, as expected (last 51.5)
Japan's January Manufacturing PMI 54.8 (expected 54.4; last 54.4)
Australia's January AIG Manufacturing Index 58.7 (last 56.2). December Building Approvals -20.0% month-over-month (expected -8.0%; last 12.6%). Q4 Import Price Index +2.0% quarter-over-quarter (expected 1.5%; last -1.6%) and Q4 Export Price Index +2.8% quarter-over-quarter (expected 2.0%; last -3.0%)
South Korea's January CPI +0.4% month-over-month (expected 0.7%; last 0.3%); +1.0% year-over-year (expected 1.3%; last 1.5%). January trade surplus $3.70 billion (last $5.54 billion). January Imports +20.9% year-over-year (expected 19.5%; last 13.6%) and January Exports +22.2% year-over-year (expected 22.9%; last 8.9%)
Hong Kong's December Retail Sales +5.8% year-over-year (last 7.5%)
India's January Nikkei Manufacturing PMI 52.4 (expected 54.5; last 54.7)
In news:
China's gold consumption in 2017 was up 9.4% year-over-year to 1089 tons while production declined 6.0% year-over-year to 426 tons.

Major European indices trade mostly higher with Italy's MIB (+1.2%) pacing the advance. UK's FTSE -0.2%, Germany's DAX +0.1%, France's CAC +0.3%, Italy's MIB +1.2%.
In economic data:
Eurozone January Manufacturing PMI 59.6, as expected (last 59.6)
Germany's January Manufacturing PMI 61.1 (expected 61.2; last 61.2)
UK's January Manufacturing PMI 55.3 (expected 56.5; last 56.2). January Nationwide HPI +0.6% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 0.6%); +3.2% year-over-year (expected 2.5%; last 2.6%)
France's January Manufacturing PMI 58.4 (expected 58.1; last 58.1)
Italy's January Manufacturing PMI 59.0 (expected 57.5; last 57.4)
Spain's January Manufacturing PMI 55.2 (expected 55.7; last 55.8)
Swiss January SVME PMI 65.3 (expected 64.1; last 65.6). Q1 SECO Consumer Climate 5 (expected 2; last -2). December Retail Sales +0.6% year-over-year (expected 1.5%; last 0.3%)
In news:
It seems like last week's ECB press conference never ended, considering ECB officials have continued taking turns to shape the narrative about the regional economy. Chief Economist Peter Praet said the central bank is still 'some distance away' from meeting the criteria for 'a sustained adjustment in the path of inflation,' adding that an ample degree of monetary stimulus remains necessary. ECB member Benoit Coeure said that a currency war is always a losing proposition, adding that he expects rates to remain very low for an extended period.
Italy's Forza Italia refuted reports that claimed Silvio Berlusconi may be in poor health.

05:53AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +5.80.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...23486...+387.80...+1.70%. Hang Seng...32642...-245.20...-0.80%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7543.65...+10.10...+0.10%. DAX...13249.40...+59.90...+0.50%.

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks broke a two-session losing streak on Wednesday, but just barely, finishing a tick above their unchanged marks.

The S&P 500 opened with a gain of 0.5%, but settled higher by just 0.1%. The Nasdaq Composite and the Dow Jones Industrial Average had similar outings; the Nasdaq opened higher by 0.7%, but finished with a gain of just 0.1%, while the Dow retained 0.3% of its opening gain of 0.9%. All three indices spent some time in negative territory, but a late uptick brought them back into the green. Small caps were relatively weak throughout the session, with the Russell 2000 ending lower by 0.5%.

As expected, the Federal Open Market Committee unanimously voted to keep the fed funds target range at 1.25%-1.50%, allowing Fed Chair Janet Yellen to step down in the most hospitable way. Jerome Powell, President Trump's chosen replacement for Ms. Yellen, will officially become the next Fed Chair on February 3.

In the Fed's official statement, policymakers said near-term risks to the economic outlook appear roughly balanced, but added that officials are keeping an eye on inflation, which has been slow to pick up despite a tightening of the labor market. Fed officials expect that, with further gradual adjustments in the stance of monetary policy, economic activity will expand at a moderate pace and labor market conditions will remain strong.

The market dialed up its expectations for a rate hike in March following the FOMC release, with the CME FedWatch Tool now placing the chances at 83.5%, up from 74.7% on Tuesday. Investors are still calling for a total of three rate hikes in 2018.

Eight of eleven sectors finished Wednesday in the green. The lightly-weighted real estate (+2.1%) and utilities (+1.1%) sectors were the top-performing groups, but the technology (+0.7%) and industrials (+0.4%) sectors also had relatively positive outings. Boeing (BA 354.37, +16.66) set the pace in the industrial space, jumping 4.9% to a new all-time high, after reporting above-consensus earnings and revenues for the fourth quarter and issuing much better-than-expected guidance for fiscal year 2018.

Within the tech space, Advanced Micro (AMD 13.74, +0.87) climbed 6.8% after reporting upbeat earnings and revenues for the fourth quarter and raising its sales guidance for Q1, and Electronic Arts (EA 126.96, +8.26) jumped 7.0% after reporting better-than-expected revenue guidance for the current quarter.

On the downside, the heavily-weighted health care sector (-1.5%) was the weakest group, tumbling for the second day in a row. Investors were still concerned about Tuesday's news that Amazon (AMZN 1450.89, +13.07), Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A 323375, +375), and JPMorgan Chase (JPM 115.67, +0.56) are partnering to form a company to reduce health care cost for their employees, but a renewed promise from President Trump to reduce prescription drug prices also weighed on the sector.

President Trump made that promise during his State of the Union address on Tuesday evening. The president stayed on script throughout the speech, calling for a $1.5 trillion infrastructure plan and a compromise on immigration that would allow a path to citizenship for "Dreamers" in exchange for his promised barrier along the Mexico border and added border security.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries finished Wednesday mixed; the 10-yr yield slipped one basis point to 2.72%, while the 2-yr yield climbed two basis points to 2.14%.

Reviewing Wednesday's economic data, which included the ADP Employment Change report for January, the Chicago PMI for January, the Employment Cost Index for the fourth quarter, Pending Home Sales for December, and the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index:

The ADP National Employment Report showed an increase of 234,000 in January (Briefing.com consensus 190,000). The December reading was revised to 242,000 from 250,000.
The Chicago PMI for January hit 65.7 (Briefing.com consensus 61.0), down from 67.6 in December.
The key takeaway from the report is that manufacturing activity in the Chicago Fed region is still humming along near multi-year high levels. The January 2018 reading was the best January reading in seven years.
The fourth quarter Employment Cost Index rose 0.6%, while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 0.5%.
The key takeaway is that compensation costs, led by wages and salaries, are rising slowly, but steadily, which will keep market participants focused on the prospect of inflation picking up with wage and salary growth.
Pending Home Sales increased 0.5% in December (Briefing.com consensus +0.6%). Today's reading follows a revised 0.3% increase in November (from 0.2%).
The weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index decreased 2.6% to follow last week's 4.5% rise.

On Thursday, investors will receive a number of economic reports, including weekly Initial Claims (Briefing.com consensus 238K), the preliminary readings for fourth quarter Productivity (Briefing.com consensus +1.0%) and Unit Labor Costs (Briefing.com consensus +1.0%), the ISM Manufacturing Index for January (Briefing.com consensus 58.5), and Construction Spending for December (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%).

In addition, auto and truck sales for January will be released throughout the day.

Nasdaq Composite: +7.4% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: +5.8% YTD
S&P 500: +5.6% YTD
Russell 2000: +2.6% YTD

Dow: +72.50… | Nasdaq: +9.00… | S&P: +1.38…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 700/1534. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1564/1391.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com