TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: January 8th Monday Price Action Trade Results - $1375.00
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:53 pm 
Site Admin

Price Action Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm & http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Users Reviews, Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Review of TheStrategyLab: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
010818-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+1375.00.png
010818-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+1375.00.png [ 95.94 KiB | Viewed 339 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $1,375.00 dollars or +27.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1,375.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log & Price Action Analysis is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=2737

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades and price action analysis are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...review of TheStrategyLab is that this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=343&t=3632 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
010818-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
010818-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.01 MiB | Viewed 326 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: -12.87… | Nasdaq: +20.83… | S&P: +4.56…
NASDAQ Vol: 2.04 bln… Adv: 1352… Dec: 1434…
NYSE Vol: 809.3 mln… Adv: 1706… Dec: 1227…

Moving the Market

Investors extend new year rally for fifth consecutive session

Technology sector outperforms while health care, financials lag

Sector Watch
Strong: Industrials, Energy, Technology, Utilities, Real Estate
Weak: Health Care, Financials

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities ticked higher on Monday, settling in record territory for the fifth session in a row.

The Nasdaq Composite jumped 0.3% to 7157.39 and the S&P 500 advanced 0.2% to 2747.71. The Dow Jones Industrial Average underperformed, finishing lower by 0.1% at 25283.00.

The market struggled for direction following a quiet weekend and ahead of the fourth quarter earnings season, which will kick off on Friday with reports from JPMorgan Chase (JPM 108.50, +0.16) and Wells Fargo (WFC 62.04, -0.71). Stocks opened the session slightly lower and then rose slowly throughout the day.

Nine of eleven sectors finished in positive territory. The lightly-weighted utilities (+0.9%) and real estate (+0.6%) sectors were the top performers, bouncing back from poor showings last week, while the top-weighted technology group (+0.4%) extended its lead for the year; the tech space is up 4.6% year to date.

The energy sector (+0.6%) rallied in the afternoon, helped by an increase in the price of crude oil; West Texas Intermediate crude futures climbed 0.4% to $61.69 per barrel. The industrial sector (+0.4%) also had a positive showing, thanks in part to transports, which pushed the Dow Jones Transportation Average (+0.8%) to a new record high.

On the downside, the heavily-weighted health care (-0.4%) and financials (-0.1%) spaces declined. Within the health care group, biotech shares showed particular weakness, sending the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 108.37, -1.46) lower by 1.3%.

In corporate news, GoPro (GPRO 6.56, -0.96) faced heavy selling after slashing its revenue guidance for the holiday season and announcing its exit from the drone business. GPRO shares held losses of around 30% at the opening bell, but ended the session lower by 12.8%.

Kohl's (KSS 56.90, +2.54) jumped 4.7% after reporting a 6.9% year-over-year increase in same-store sales for November and December while Crocs (CROX 13.23, +1.03) climbed 8.4% after raising its revenue guidance for the fourth quarter.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries began the week on a quiet note with the benchmark 10-yr yield closing flat at 2.48%.

Elsewhere, the Euro Stoxx 50 (+0.3%) advanced to a four-month high on Monday, climbing for the fourth session in a row. German Chancellor Angela Merkel's CDU/CSU restarted talks with SPD over the weekend in a last-ditch effort to form a coalition government following months of deadlock.

In the Asia-Pacific region, the major stock indices also moved modestly higher, but Japan's Nikkei was closed for Coming of Age Day.

Monday's lone economic report--the Consumer Credit report for November--showed an increase of 27.9 billion (Briefing.com consensus $18.0 billion). October credit growth was revised to $20.6 billion from $20.5 billion.

On Tuesday, investors will receive the NFIB Small Business Optimism Index and the November Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey at 6:00 AM ET and 10:00 AM ET, respectively.

Dow: -12.87… | Nasdaq: +20.83… | S&P: +4.56…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1352/1434. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1706/1227.

03:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day lower:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down 0.25% at 87.6911
Dollar index is currently up 0.47% at 92.38
Feb WTI Crude is up 0.41% on the day.
Futures settle $0.25 higher to $61.69/barrel.
In other energy, Feb Natural Gas settled up $0.03 at $2.83/MMBtu
On the metals:
Feb Gold lost $2.10 to settle at $1320.20/oz, while Mar silver lost $0.15 to $17.14/oz
Mar Copper dropped $0.01 to $3.22/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Mar Corn settled up $0.01 at $3.48/bu.
Jan soy settled flat at $9.67/bu.
Mar Wheat settled down $0.01 at $4.27/bu.

Dow: -23.46… | Nasdaq: +17.64… | S&P: +2.77…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1482/1407. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1723/1218.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Nasdaq (+0.3%), the S&P 500 (+0.2%), and the Dow (unch) are on track to finish at new all-time highs.

Just in, the Consumer Credit report for November showed an increase of 27.9 billion (Briefing.com consensus $18.0 billion). October credit growth was revised to $20.6 billion from $20.5 billion.

Dow: +2.38… | Nasdaq: +17.93… | S&P: +4.22…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1497/1406. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1756/1187.

02:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices hold gains of 0.3% or less and trade near their best marks of the day.

Nine sectors are higher--utilities (+0.7%), real estate (+0.6%), telecom services (+0.4%), technology (+0.4%), energy (+0.4%), consumer staples (+0.3%), industrials (+0.3%), consumer discretionary (+0.1%), and materials (+0.1%)--while two are trading in the red--financials (-0.1%) and health care (-0.5%).

Transports are strong, evidenced by the Dow Jones Transportation Average, which is up 0.7%. UPS (UPS 128.61, +0.99) trades higher by 0.8% after Deutsche Bank named it a 'Top Pick' and raised its target price to $145 from $135.

Dow: +3.23… | Nasdaq: +21.00… | S&P: +4.06…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1470/1409. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1708/1217.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The equity market remains near its session high this afternoon with the S&P 500 up 0.1%.

GoPro (GPRO 6.99, -0.53) has moved sharply higher, cutting its loss to 7.0% from around 20.0%, after CNBC reported the company hired JP Morgan to help it seek a potential sale. The news comes hours after GoPro lowered its guidance for the fourth quarter due to weak holiday sales and announced its exit from the drone business.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is up 0.4% at 92.09, which marks its best level in a week. The greenback is up 0.5% against the euro at 1.1964 and 0.1% against the pound at 1.3565, but trades flat against the yen at 113.06.

Dow: +2.82… | Nasdaq: +21.46… | S&P: +3.81…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1463/1460. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1664/1233.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] After a strong start to 2018 we are seeing the early pace cool off. The early moves were certainly not sustainable on a daily basis so it is not a surprise to see participants catch there breath. The Nasdaq continues to pace the overall market as it is up +0.2% on the day. The S&P is up +0.1% while the Dow is flirting with its first possible down day of 2018 as it is up ever so slightly at +0.06%.

There are three key conferences this week that include the J.P. Morgan Healthcare, ICR Xchange, and Consumer Electronic Show. This has led to a busy day of pre-announcements to start the week as 50+ companies have been entered onto the Briefing.com guidance page. The majority have been upbeat with 39 guiding above consensus, 15 in line, and 9 below expectations. This has helped set a positive tone for the pre-announcement season but early indications are that this action is priced into shares.

In the Dow, Caterpillar (CAT) is leading the group as it is up +2.4% on the day. Shares have been bolstered by an upgrade at Tier 1 firm J.P. Morgan. Shares have soared to a fresh all time high today as it trades at $166.03. United Technologies (UTX) is up +1.3% as it was upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman Sachs. Wal-Mart (WMT) has moved higher by +1.3% as a Cleveland Research note this morning stated that channel checks are indicating the retailer is on pace to beat Q4 comparable store sales estimates.

General Electric (GE) in the mean time has fallen -1.6% on the day as it gives up some of its gains from last week. Walt Disney (DIS) has slipped 1-.5% on the day as Star Wars 'The Last Jedi' fell to third place in the domestic box office and posted a disappointing debut in Chinese markets. Both names are giving up some gains from last week but remain up on the year.

Dow: +14.41… | Nasdaq: +20.0… | S&P: +4.19…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1420/1497. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1645/1294.

01:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have stalled at record highs today following four straight days of gains.

The S&P 500 is flat at 2743.45, the Nasdaq is up 0.2% at 7151.00, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average is down 0.1% at 25267.40.

Investors have lacked conviction following a quiet weekend and ahead of the fourth quarter earnings season, which will kick off on Friday with reports from financial heavyweights JPMorgan Chase (JPM 108.23, -0.10) and Wells Fargo (WFC 62.19, -0.56).

Most of the 11 sectors are trading within 0.3% of their flat lines. The top-weighted technology sector (+0.4%) shows relative strength, extending its lead for the year; the group is up 4.6% year to date, while the S&P 500 is up 2.6%. Facebook (FB 188.27, +1.43) and Alphabet (GOOGL 1116.33, +6.04) have notched new all-time highs today, jumping 0.7% and 0.5%, respectively.

On the downside, the heavily-weighted health care sector is down 0.7%. Biotechnology names show particular weakness, evidenced by the 1.7% decrease in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 107.96, -1.87). Biotech giant Celgene (CELG 102.92, -2.07) has shed 1.9% after lowering its sales guidance for fiscal year 2018 at this year's JP Morgan Healthcare Conference.

In other corporate news, shares of GoPro (GPRO 5.97, -1.55) have plunged 20.6% to a new all-time low after the company, which produces wearable cameras, slashed its revenue guidance for the holiday season and announced that it will be exiting the drone business.

Conversely, shares of Kohl's (KSS 57.77, +3.41) and Crocs (CROX 13.33, +1.13) have jumped 6.3% and 9.3%, respectively, after the two companies provided upbeat guidance for the holiday season. Both companies are trading at their best levels in over two years.

Elsewhere, the Euro Stoxx 50 (+0.3%) advanced to a four-month high on Monday, climbing for the fourth session in a row. German Chancellor Angela Merkel's CDU/CSU restarted talks with SPD over the weekend in a last-ditch effort to form a coalition government following months of deadlock.

In the Asia-Pacific region, the major stock indices also moved modestly higher, but Japan's Nikkei was closed for Coming of Age Day.

U.S. Treasuries are mostly flat this afternoon, with the benchmark 10-yr yield unchanged at 2.48%.

Today's lone economic report, November Consumer Credit (Briefing.com consensus $18.0 billion), will cross the wires at 3:00 PM ET.

Dow: -21.77… | Nasdaq: +12.76… | S&P: +0.82…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1300/1590. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1458/1427.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 continues drifting near its flat line while the Nasdaq is modestly higher and the Dow is slightly lower.

Equities had a mostly positive showing in Europe, sending the Euro Stoxx 50 (+0.3%) to a four-month high. November retail sales for the eurozone came in better than expected (+1.5% actual vs +1.4% consensus), but the euro is down 0.4% against the U.S. dollar at 1.1972. German Chancellor Angela Merkel's CDU/CSU restarted talks with SPD over the weekend in a last-ditch effort to form a coalition government following months of deadlock.

In the Asia-Pacific region, the major stock indices also had a positive showing with India's Sensex (+0.6%) pacing the advance. Japan's Nikkei was closed for Coming of Age Day.

Dow: -27.24… | Nasdaq: +13.94… | S&P: +0.24…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1214/1670. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1357/1504.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Investors have little conviction today, keeping equities near their unchanged marks.

The top-weighted technology sector (+0.5%) has strengthened over the course of the day and is trading with the utilities sector (+0.5%) at the top of the sector standings. The real estate (+0.3%) and industrials (+0.1%) groups are in third and fourth place, respectively, while most of the remaining spaces hold losses of no more than 0.2%. The health care sector (-0.8%) is the lone exception.

Within the health care space, biotechnology names show particular weakness, evidenced by the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 107.70, -2.14), which is down 2.0%.

Dow: -34.66… | Nasdaq: +11.86… | S&P: -0.88…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1196/1694. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1285/1560.

11:35AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 has reached its flat line in recent trading, reclaiming its modest decline.

Shares of GoPro (GPRO 5.78, -1.73) have taken a beating today, plunging 23.1% to a new all-time low. The company, which produces wearable cameras, lowered its forecast for holiday sales to $340 million from around $480 million and announced the end of its drone business. CEO Nick Woodman said the company would entertain a sale or partnership offer, but it plans to stay independent.

GoPro went public in June 2014 at a price of $24 per share, hit its record high of $96.47 per share in October 2014, and then began a sharp downward trend shortly thereafter. GPRO shares have been hovering between $7.00 and $18.00 per share for the better part of two years.

Dow: -27.75… | Nasdaq: -12.54… | S&P: -0.11…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1144/1709. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1260/1575.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The tech-heavy Nasdaq is a tick above its flat line while the other two major U.S. stock indices--the S&P 500 and the Dow--trade modestly lower.

Strength in technology shares has helped keep the major averages afloat. Facebook (FB 188.69, +1.85), which is the third largest tech name by market cap, shows particular strength, jumping 0.9% to a fresh all-time high, after Credit Suisse raised its target price for the social media giant to $232 from $230 this morning. Alphabet (GOOGL 1108.91, +6.68) also outperforms with a gain of 0.6%.

The technology sector was the leading contributor to last year's rally, during which the S&P 500 surged nearly 20%, and has gotten off to a good start this year. The group is currently the top-performing sector of 2018 with a gain of 4.5%; for comparison, the S&P 500 is up 2.5% year to date.

Dow: -36.25… | Nasdaq: +6.45… | S&P: -1.51…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1077/1772. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1227/1568.

10:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day flat :

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently unchanged 0% at 87.92
Dollar index is currently up 0.47% at 92.38
Jan WTI crude is down 0.02% on the day.
Futures are $0.01 lower to $61.43/barrel.
In other energy, Jan natural gas is up $0.04 at $2.84/MMBtu
Metals:
Feb gold lost $3.20 and trades at $1319.10/oz, while Mar silver lost $0.12 to $17.17/oz
Mar copper remains unchanged at $3.23/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Mar corn is down $0.03 at $3.48/bu.
Jan soy is down $0.09 at $9.6225/bu.
Mar wheat is down $0.04 at $4.27/bu.

Dow: -53.02… | Nasdaq: +4.82… | S&P: -2.19…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1105/1729. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1233/1565.

09:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks continue drifting a tick below Friday's closing levels.

The health care sector is trading at the back of the pack this morning with biotech heavyweight AbbVie (ABBV 99.31, -1.80) showing relative weakness; ABBV shares are lower by 1.8%. The financial space is another group that's struggling as investors prepare for upcoming earnings releases from JPMorgan Chase (JPM 108.21, -0.12) and Wells Fargo (WFC 62.36, -0.39); the two companies will kick off the fourth quarter earnings season on Friday.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are still higher this morning. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is at 2.46% after closing Friday at 2.48%, while the 2-yr yield is lower by one basis point at 1.95%. Yields move inversely to prices.

Dow: -36.09… | Nasdaq: -0.17… | S&P: -2.62…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1006/1797. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1092/1657.

09:45AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. stock indices are slightly lower in early trading with the S&P 500 showing a loss of 0.1%.

Most sectors trade within 0.3% of their flat lines. The heavily-weighted financials (-0.4%) and health care (-0.7%) sectors, which comprise around 30% of the broader market combined, are the weakest groups while the lightly-weighted real estate space (+0.3%) is the strongest.

Dow: -38.98… | Nasdaq: -1.82… | S&P: -3.02…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1022/1742. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1053/1658.

09:13AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -3.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -3.50.

Wall Street looks poised to open Monday's session slightly lower following four straight days of gains. The S&P 500 futures are four points, or 0.1%, below fair value.

The weekend was pretty quiet. Looking ahead, North and South Korea are scheduled to officially speak for the first time in two years on Tuesday, and the fourth quarter earnings season will start on Friday with reports from JPMorgan Chase (JPM 108.06, -0.28) and Wells Fargo (WFC 62.60, -0.15). Republicans and Democrats are still divided on a budget deal with the January 19 deadline fast approaching.

In corporate news, Kohl's (KSS 58.50, +4.14) is up 7.6% after reporting a 6.9% year-over-year increase in comparable-store sales for November and December. Meanwhile, Dow component Caterpillar (CAT 164.06, +2.10) is higher by 1.3% after JPMorgan upgraded CAT shares to 'Overweight' from 'Neutral.'

U.S. Treasuries are higher this morning, sending yields lower across the curve. The benchmark 10-yr yield is down two basis points at 2.48%, while the 2-yr yield is also lower by two basis points, hovering at 1.94%.

Today's lone economic report, November Consumer Credit (Briefing.com consensus $18.0 billion), will cross the wires at 3:00 PM ET.

08:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -3.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -5.00.

The S&P 500 futures trade four points, or 0.1%, below fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Monday on a higher note while Japan's Nikkei was closed for Coming of Age Day. A couple Chinese cement companies raised their guidance for fiscal 2017 due to higher prices. Representatives from North Korea and South Korea are expected to talk tomorrow. This will mark the first official meeting between the two sides since December 2015. Hong Kong Monetary Authority Chief Executive Norman Chan said that, in November, home prices in Hong Kong are up more than 100% above the peak recorded in 1997.

In economic data:
Australia's December AIG Construction Index 52.8 (last 57.5)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei was closed.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng added 0.3%. Country Garden Holdings surged 7.4% while property names like China Overseas, China Resources Land, Swire Pacific, Sino Land, and Wharf Holdings gained between 1.4% and 5.4% following solid December sales.
China's Shanghai Composite rose 0.5%. Xinyu Iron & Steel, Fangda Special Steel Technology, China Fortune Land Development, and Shanghai Hongda Mining climbed between 5.8% and 9.4%.
India's Sensex gained 0.6% with help from most components. Coal India, Lupin, Infosys, Tata Consultancy, Wipro, and Tata Motors posted gains between 0.7% and 3.3%.

Major European indices trade near their flat lines. British Prime Minister Theresa May is expected to announce a cabinet reshuffle today, but reports suggest officials in top positions are safe. Conservative Party Chair Patrick McLoughlin has resigned. German Chancellor Angela Merkel's CDU/CSU began coalition talks with SPD over the weekend, but it is not a given that a deal will be secured. In Italy, Finance Minister Pier Carlo Padoan noted that a coalition between the Democratic Party and Silvio Berlusconi's Forza Italia could be in the cards, but a political stalemate could also result from the election scheduled for March 4.

In economic data:
Eurozone November Retail Sales +1.5% month-over-month (expected 1.4%; last -1.1%); +2.8% year-over-year (consensus 2.2%; last 0.2%). December Business and Consumer Survey 116.0 (expected 114.8; last 114.6) and January Sentix Investor Confidence 32.9 (expected 31.5; last 31.1)
Germany's November Factory Orders -0.4% month-over-month (expected 0.1%; last 0.7%)
UK's December Halifax House Price Index -0.6% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 0.3%); +2.7% year-over-year (consensus 3.3%; last 3.9%)
Swiss December CPI 0.0% month-over-month (expected -0.1%; last -0.1%); +0.8% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.8%)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE is lower by 0.2%. Micro Focus has slumped 17.4% in reaction to disappointing results while Capita, Hikma Pharmaceuticals, Persimmon, Barratt Developments, Marks & Spencer, Taylor Wimpey, and HSBC are down between 1.0% and 3.0%.
France's CAC trades up 0.2%. Automakers Renault and Michelin are both up near 1.5% while financials like Societe Generale, BNP Paribas, AXA, and Credit Agricole show gains between 0.1% and 1.3%.
Germany's DAX has added 0.3%. Automakers like Volkswagen, Daimler, and BMW sport gains between 0.5% and 1.8% while Continental, Infineon, and Adidas are up between 0.6% and 1.3%.

08:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -5.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -6.00.

The S&P 500 futures trade five points, or 0.2%, below fair value.

Eight sectors advanced last week--technology (+4.2%), materials (+4.0%), energy (+3.9%), consumer discretionary (+3.3%), health care (+3.2%), industrials (+2.8%), financials (+1.7%), and consumer staples (+0.1%)--while three finished in the red--telecom services (-1.3%), real estate (-1.9%), and utilities (-2.5%).

The Nasdaq, S&P 500, and Dow Jones Industrial Average added 3.4%, 2.6%, and 2.3%, respectively.

08:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -5.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -3.80.

The U.S. equity market is on course to open today's session slightly lower after an impressive start to 2018. The S&P 500 futures are trading five points, or 0.2%, below fair value.

Wall Street climbed to new record highs last week with the Nasdaq, S&P 500, and Dow Jones Industrial Average adding 3.4%, 2.6%, and 2.3%, respectively. The technology sector (+4.2%) led the charge, just as it did in 2017, with materials (+4.0%) and energy (+3.9%) coming in second and third, respectively.

Overseas, equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region finished Monday's session in positive territory. Representatives from North Korea and South Korea are expected to talk tomorrow, marking the countries' first official meeting in more than two years. In Europe, the major bourses are modestly higher with the Euro Stoxx 50 up 0.2%.

The fourth quarter earnings season will kick off on Friday with results from financial heavyweights JPMorgan Chase (JPM) and Wells Fargo (WFC). As for economic data, this week's most notable reports are the Producer Price Index for December (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%), which will be released on Thursday, and the Consumer Price Index for December (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) and Retail Sales for December (Briefing.com consensus +0.4%), both of which will be released on Friday.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are higher this morning, sending yields below their Friday closing levels. The benchmark 10-yr yield is at 2.46% after closing Friday at 2.48%, while the 2-yr yield is down one basis point at 1.95%.

In U.S. corporate news:

Kohl's (KSS 58.40, +4.04): +7.4% after reporting a 6.9% year-over-year increase in comparable sales for November and December combined and raising its diluted earnings guidance.
Caterpillar (CAT 164.00, +2.04): +1.3% after JPMorgan upgraded CAT shares to 'Overweight' from 'Neutral.'

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Monday on a higher note while Japan's Nikkei was closed for Coming of Age Day. Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.3%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.5%, India's Sensex +0.6%.
In economic data:
Australia's December AIG Construction Index 52.8 (last 57.5)
In news:
A couple Chinese cement companies raised their guidance for fiscal 2017 due to higher prices.
Representatives from North Korea and South Korea are expected to talk tomorrow. This will mark the first official meeting between the two sides since December 2015.
Hong Kong Monetary Authority Chief Executive Norman Chan said that, in November, home prices in Hong Kong are up more than 100% above the peak recorded in 1997.

Major European indices trade near their flat lines. UK's FTSE -0.1%, France's CAC +0.3%, Germany's DAX +0.3%.
In economic data:
Eurozone November Retail Sales +1.5% month-over-month (expected 1.4%; last -1.1%); +2.8% year-over-year (consensus 2.2%; last 0.2%). December Business and Consumer Survey 116.0 (expected 114.8; last 114.6) and January Sentix Investor Confidence 32.9 (expected 31.5; last 31.1)
Germany's November Factory Orders -0.4% month-over-month (expected 0.1%; last 0.7%)
UK's December Halifax House Price Index -0.6% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 0.3%); +2.7% year-over-year (consensus 3.3%; last 3.9%)
Swiss December CPI 0.0% month-over-month (expected -0.1%; last -0.1%); +0.8% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.8%)
In news:
British Prime Minister Theresa May is expected to announce a cabinet reshuffle today, but reports suggest officials in top positions are safe. Conservative Party Chair Patrick McLoughlin has resigned.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel's CDU/CSU began coalition talks with SPD over the weekend, but it is not a given that a deal will be secured.
In Italy, Finance Minister Pier Carlo Padoan noted that a coalition between the Democratic Party and Silvio Berlusconi's Forza Italia could be in the cards, but a political stalemate could also result from the election scheduled for March 4.

06:19AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: flat. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +6.00.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei

...Holiday......... Hang Seng

...30899.53...+84.90

...+0.30%

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE

...7722.07...-2.20

...0.00%

. DAX

...13377.02...+57.40

...+0.40%

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities notched new records yet again on Friday, advancing for the fourth session in a row.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.9%, the Nasdaq Composite rose 0.8%, and the S&P 500 jumped 0.7%. All three major U.S. indices finished at new record highs, marking the fourth consecutive record finish for the Nasdaq and the S&P 500 and the third consecutive for the Dow. The Russell 2000 (+0.3%) underperformed but still closed at a new all-time high.

Stocks opened Friday a step above Thursday's closing levels and extended gains in the late afternoon, finishing near their best marks of the day.

The top-weighted technology sector (+1.2%) led Friday's rally, moving into the top spot on the 2018 leaderboard. Within the group, Microsoft (MSFT 88.19, +1.08), Alphabet (GOOGL 1110.29, +14.53), and Facebook (FB 186.85, +2.52) hit new all-time highs, adding between 1.2% and 1.4%. Apple (AAPL 175.00, +1.97) climbed 1.1%.

The health care, consumer discretionary, and materials sectors also had solid showings, adding 0.9% apiece, while the five other advancing sectors ended with gains between 0.1% and 0.7%. The energy sector (unch) was the weakest group as crude oil tumbled from a three-year high. West Texas Intermediate crude futures dropped 0.9% to $61.47 per barrel.

Investors received the Employment Situation Report for December on Friday morning. Job growth was weaker than expected, with nonfarm payrolls increasing by 148,000 (Briefing.com consensus +188,000), while average hourly earnings grew 0.3%--which was in line with the Briefing.com consensus.

Rate-hike expectations remained roughly the same following the release; the CME FedWatch Tool projects that the next rate hike will occur at the March FOMC meeting with an implied probability of 68.1%.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries sold off on Friday, pushing yields higher across the curve. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note jumped to 2.48% after finishing Thursday at 2.45% while the 2-yr yield jumped one basis point to 1.96%.

Elsewhere, the Euro Stoxx 50 (+1.0%) advanced for the third session in a row following an upbeat batch of economic data, which included the November Eurozone PPI (+0.6% actual vs +0.3% consensus) and Germany's November retail sales (+2.3% actual vs +1.1% consensus).

Stocks in the Asia-Pacific region also had a good day with Japan's Nikkei (+0.9%) settling at a 26-year high for the second consecutive day.

Reviewing Friday's economic data, which included the Employment Situation Report for December, the December ISM Services Index, November Factory Orders, and the November Trade Balance:

Employment Situation Report for December
December nonfarm payrolls increased by 148,000 while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 188,000. The prior month's increase was revised to 252,000 from 228,000. Nonfarm private payrolls rose by 146,000 while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 185,000. The previous month's increase was revised to 239,000 from 221,000.
The unemployment rate stayed at 4.1% (Briefing.com consensus 4.0%). Average hourly earnings increased by 0.3% (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%), while the previous month's increase was revised to 0.1% from 0.2%. The average workweek was reported at 34.5 (Briefing.com consensus 34.5). The previous month's reading was left unrevised at 34.5.
With the labor market believed to be approaching full employment, disappointing headline readings could become more commonplace. This would be indicative of employers struggling to find workers with the right skillset, which in turn should translate into upward pressure on wages.
The ISM Services Index for December declined to 55.9 (Briefing.com consensus 57.6) from an unrevised reading of 57.4 in November.
The key takeaway from the report is that while business activity in the non-manufacturing sector is still expanding, the recent pullback leaves the series near levels seen during the first half of 2017.
The Factory Orders Report for November showed an increase of 1.3% (Briefing.com consensus 1.4%), while the October reading was revised to +0.4% from -0.1%.
The key takeaway from the report is that an uptick in business spending-combined with an upward October revision-should be a supportive factor for GDP growth.
The November trade balance showed a deficit of $50.5 billion (Briefing.com consensus -$47.9 billion). The October deficit was revised to $48.9 billion from $48.7 billion.
The key takeaway from the report is that trade will make for a negative input in fourth quarter GDP models since the real deficit widened to $66.70 billion in November from $65.30 billion in October. The average real trade deficit stood at $62.00 billion in the third quarter.

On Monday, investors will receive just one economic report--November Consumer Credit (Briefing.com consensus $18.0 billion)--which will be released at 3:00 PM ET.

Nasdaq Composite: +3.4% YTD
S&P 500: +2.6% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average: +2.3% YTD
Russell 2000: +1.6% YTD

Week In Review: Bang! Off to the Races

The stock market began 2018 with a bang, advancing to new record highs in each of this week's four trading sessions. The Nasdaq Composite jumped 3.4% to 7136.56, the S&P 500 climbed 2.6% to 2743.15, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 2.3% to 25295.87. Markets were closed on Monday in observance of New Year's Day.

This week's rally followed an impressive 2017 campaign for Wall Street, during which the S&P 500 surged nearly 20%, and defused the belief that the new lower tax rates, which took effect on Monday, would invite some profit taking at the start of the new year.

Cyclical sectors, which typically do well when the outlook for the economy is favorable, set the pace this week with the technology (+4.2%), materials (+4.0%), and energy (+3.9%) groups being the top performers.

Energy shares benefited from an increase in the price of crude oil, which touched a three-year high amid anti-government protests in Iran--although the protests weren't expected to have an impact on the country's oil production. Oil prices were also supported by the Department of Energy's weekly inventory report, which showed that U.S. crude stockpiles declined by 7.4 million barrels last week. West Texas Intermediate crude futures gave back some gains on Friday but still ended with a weekly gain of 1.7% at a price of $61.47 per barrel.

Meanwhile, in the top-weighted technology sector, chipmakers had a solid week, bouncing back from some profit taking at the end of 2017; the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index ended the week higher by 5.8%. Intel (INTC) struggled, however, following reports that its chips contain security flaws. INTC shares finished the week lower by 3.1%.

The minutes from the December FOMC meeting were released on Wednesday, showing that most FOMC members backed a continued path of gradual rate hikes. Some members even saw the possibility for more aggressive tightening due to the new tax code, which Fed officials expect will boost consumer and capital spending.

Investors also received the Employment Situation Report for December, which bucked the longstanding trend of above-consensus headline growth and lagging wage growth. Nonfarm payrolls increased less than expected (148,000 actual vs 188,000 Briefing.com consensus), but the November reading was revised to 252,000 from 228,000. Average hourly earnings came in as expected, showing a month-over-month increase of 0.3%.

With the labor market believed to be approaching full employment, disappointing headline readings could become more commonplace. This would be indicative of employers struggling to find workers with the right skillset, which in turn should translate into upward pressure on wages.

The market dialed up its rate-hike expectations following this week's economic data. The CME FedWatch Tool points to the March FOMC meeting as the most likely time for the next rate-hike announcement with an implied probability of 68.1%, up from 51.7% last week.

Dow: +220.74… | Nasdaq: +58.64… | S&P: +19.16…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1514/1149. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1745/1161.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Rebuttal to Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Image Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 5 - 12 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you & your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=850 & http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no indicators)
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com