TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: November 29th Wednesday Trade Results - Profits $2937.50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:13 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
112917-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+2937.50.png
112917-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+2937.50.png [ 96.96 KiB | Viewed 259 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $2937.50 dollars or +58.75 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $2937.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log & Price Action is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=173&t=2705

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades and price action analysis are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Quote:
2017 has been the most difficult trading year since I've begun trading +25 years ago because successful trading involves more than just trade methods than any other trading year. This is a key concept many traders have difficulties in understanding. Some blame it on algorithms while I blame it on the inability to adapt, failure to backtest, failure to document trades (real-money or simulator) and underestimating how our environment influences our cognitive decision making while trading...all while trading in low volatility market conditions that statistically have the reputation for difficult trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=333&t=3556 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
112917-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
112917-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.08 MiB | Viewed 278 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:25PM ET
Dow: +103.97… | Nasdaq: -87.97… | S&P: -0.97…
NASDAQ Vol: ---… Adv: 1116… Dec: 715…
NYSE Vol: 921.8 mln… Adv: 1497… Dec: 1489…

Moving the Market

Sector rotation trade; investors sell technology, buy financials

Sector Watch
Strong: Financials, Consumer Discretionary, Industrials, Energy, Health Care, Consumer Staples, Telecom Services
Weak: Technology
04:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks had a mixed outing on Wednesday as heavy losses in technology shares roughly balanced gains in financials and most other areas.

The S&P 500 (unch) finished a tick below its flat line, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.4%) and the Russell 2000 (+0.4%) both advanced to new record highs.

Conversely, the tech-heavy Nasdaq retreated from its record mark, dropping 1.3%, with its five largest components by market cap--Apple (AAPL 169.48, -3.59), Microsoft (MSFT 83.34, -1.54), Amazon (AMZN 1161.27, -32.33), Facebook (FB 175.13, -7.29), and Alphabet (GOOG 1021.66, -25.75)--losing between 1.8% and 4.0%.

Chipmakers also weighed heavily on the Nasdaq, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index (-4.4%) to a fresh November low.

Wednesday's technology sell off wasn't fueled by a particular catalyst, rather, it was the result of investors dialing back their technology holdings following an impressive year-to-date run. Even with today's decline of 2.6%, the S&P 500's technology sector remains comfortably atop the 2017 sector standings with a year-to-date gain of 35.7%.

For comparison, the S&P 500 has climbed 17.3% year to date and the second-best performing group--health care--is up 20.0%.

Most sectors benefited from increased buying on Wednesday--especially the financials (+1.8%) and telecom services (+2.7%) groups--as investors looked to reallocate their former technology funds. Being second only to technology in terms of weight, the financial sector helped keep the S&P 500's loss in check throughout the session.

Within the financial group, heavyweights like JPMorgan Chase (JPM 103.73, +2.37), Bank of America (BAC 28.28, +0.64), Wells Fargo (WFC 56.68, +1.11), and Citigroup (C 75.04, +1.34) finished with gains between 1.8% and 2.3%.

Meanwhile, industrial shares also outperformed on Wednesday, especially transports--which sent the Dow Jones Transportation Average (+3.3%) to a new all-time high.

In Washington, Fed Chair Janet Yellen gave her semiannual testimony before the Joint Economic Committee, but the event had little to no impact on the equity market. Ms. Yellen released her prepared remarks prior to her appearance, reiterating her view that the lull in inflation is due to transitory factors.

U.S. Treasuries sold off in a curve-steepening trade, widening the 2yr-10yr spread to 62 basis points. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note climbed four basis points to 2.38%, while the 2-yr yield jumped one basis point to 1.76%.

Elsewhere, the major European bourses finished Wednesday's session mixed; Germany's DAX (unch) and France's CAC (+0.1%) closed with slim gains, while the UK's FTSE dropped 0.9%. UK equities tumbled amid an increase in the pound relative to the U.S. dollar (1.3411, +0.0066, +0.5%).

Stock indices in the Asia-Pacific region closed little changed, with Japan's Nikkei (+0.5%) showing relative strength.

Reviewing Wednesday's batch of economic data, which included the second estimate of third quarter GDP, October Pending Home Sales, the Fed's Beige Book for November, and the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index:

The second estimate of third quarter GDP pointed to an expansion of 3.3% (Briefing.com consensus +3.2%), up from 3.0% in the initial reading. Meanwhile, the Q3 GDP Deflator was revised to +2.1% (Briefing.com consensus +2.2%) from +2.2%.
The key takeaway from the report is that economic output grew at its strongest pace since the first quarter of 2015, driven by a pickup in both consumer and business spending -- and despite the disruptions created by the hurricanes.
Pending Home Sales for October rose 3.5% (Briefing.com consensus +0.6%). Today's reading follows a revised 0.4% decrease in September (from 0.0%).
The Fed's Beige Book for November showed that economic activity continued to increase at a modest to moderate pace across the 12 Federal Reserve Districts. In addition, most Districts reported a modest to moderate increase in employment, wages, and selling prices. The outlook for holiday sales was reported to be generally optimistic.
The weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index decreased 3.1% to follow last week's 0.1% uptick.

On Thursday, investors will receive October Personal Income (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%), October Personal Spending (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%), October PCE Prices (Briefing.com consensus +0.1%), and weekly Initial Claims (Briefing.com consensus 238K) at 8:30 ET, followed by the Chicago PMI for November (Briefing.com consensus 63.0) at 9:45 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +26.8% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +21.1% YTD
S&P 500 +17.3% YTD
Russell 2000 +13.6% YTD

Dow: +103.97… | Nasdaq: -87.97… | S&P: -0.97…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1116/715. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1497/1489.

03:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day higher :

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up 1.51% at 86.72
Dollar index is currently down 0.08% at 93.2
Jan WTI Crude is down 1.24% on the day.
Futures settle $0.72 lower to $57.27/barrel.
In other energy, Jan Natural Gas settled up $0.05 at $3.18/MMBtu
On the metals:
Dec Gold lost $12.6 to settle at $1282.3/oz, while Dec silver lost $0.36 to $16.46/oz
Dec Copper dropped $0.03 to $3.07/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec Corn settled unchanged at $3.54/bu.
Jan soy settled flat at $9.93/bu.
Dec wheat settled flat at $4.35/bu.

03:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Dow (+0.4%) is on course to register another record close moving into the final stretch, while the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq hold respective losses of 0.1% and 1.4%.

Transports are trading solidly higher this afternoon, evidenced by the Dow Jones Transportation Average, which is up 2.8%. Within the DJTA, Southwest Air (LUV 59.09, +2.91) is the top performer--sporting a gain of 5.1%--while peer American Airlines (AAL 49.09, -0.12) is the worst performer--showing a loss of 0.3%.

At its best mark of the day, American Airlines held a gain of 3.9%, but has since tumbled following a CBC report that a computer glitch allowed all AAL pilots to book time off during the thick of the holiday season. The company will likely have to increase pilots' pay as an incentive to give up their planned vacations.

Dow: +84.82… | Nasdaq: -94.25… | S&P: -2.51…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1141/970. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1404/1570.

02:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities have not shifted much since the last update; the S&P 500 is still down 0.1%.

The Fed's Beige Book for November showed that economic activity continued to increase at a modest to moderate pace across the 12 Federal Reserve Districts. In addition, most Districts reported a modest to moderate increase in employment, wages, and selling prices. The outlook for holiday sales was reported to be generally optimistic.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries continue to trade lower across the curve, with longer-dated issues showing particular weakness. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up four basis points at 2.38%, while the 2-yr yield is higher by two basis points at 1.77%.

Dow: +100.15… | Nasdaq: -87.16… | S&P: -1.54…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1245/947. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1422/1530.

01:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (-0.1%) continues to trade just a tick below its flat line.

Meanwhile, the tech-heavy Nasdaq (-1.1%) shows a sizable loss--although it is currently trading near its best mark of the afternoon--and the Dow (+0.3%) holds a modest gain. Today's advance places the blue-chip average at a new all-time high. The small-cap Russell 2000 has also hit a new record high today and currently sports a gain of 0.3%--down from 0.7% earlier in the session.

Eight of the S&P 500's eleven sectors trade in the green this afternoon, with telecom services (+2.5%) and financials (+1.0%) leading the charge. On the down side, the information technology sector trades at the very bottom of the sector standings, showing a loss of 2.2%. No other group holds a gain or loss of more than 0.8%.

Dow: +74.31… | Nasdaq: -79.92… | S&P: -2.96…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1227/1013. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1315/1623.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue to trade with a large divergence with the Dow Jones Industrial Average up 0.35%, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite is down 1.05%.

A look inside the Dow shows that UnitedHealth Group (UNH 222.60, +6.46), Verizon (VZ 50.11, +1.29), & Walt Disney (DIS 105.59, +2.18) are outperforming.

Conversely, Visa (V 109.53, -3.83) is the worst-performing Dow component amid a large-scale sector rotation out of technology names.

For the week, the DJIA is currently up 1.53%.

Dow: +73.74… | Nasdaq: -73.77… | S&P: -1.13…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1291/1001. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1326/1604.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Heavy losses in technology shares have been roughly balanced by gains in financials, and most other areas, leaving the S&P 500 (-0.1%) just slightly lower at midday.

Conversely, the tech-heavy Nasdaq is down 1.4%, with influential components like Apple (AAPL 168.38, -4.68), Amazon (AMZN 1152.62, -40.97), Facebook (FB 175.10, -7.35), and Alphabet (GOOG 1017.63, -29.77) showing losses between 2.6% and 3.9%.

Chipmakers are particularly weak, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index lower by 4.2%.

Today's technology sell off has the signs of a sector rotation trade, with investors dumping technology shares--which have led this year's stock market rally--in favor of groups that have had a less bullish year-to-date run by comparison. The top-weighted technology sector has lost 2.5% today, trimming its 2017 advance to 35.6%.

For comparison, the S&P 500 has added 17.3% year to date.

The financial sector--which is second only to technology in terms of weight--has most notably benefited from the rotation out of technology stocks, moving higher by 1.8%. Heavyweights like JPMorgan Chase (JPM 103.42, +2.08), Bank of America (BAC 28.22, +0.58), Wells Fargo (WFC 56.60, +1.02), and Citigroup (C 75.06, +1.35) are up between 1.8% and 2.2%.

In total, seven of eleven sectors are trading in the green this afternoon. However, outside of the financial space and the lightly-weighted telecom services group, which is up 2.6%, gains have been limited to 0.7% or less. Similarly, outside of technology, the laggards hold losses of no more than 0.3%.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.3%) has maintained a modest gain throughout the session, with UnitedHealth (UNH 222.66, +6.54) being its top-performing component; UNH shares trade higher by 3.0%.

Meanwhile, in the bond market, U.S. Treasuries have sold off today, sending yields higher across the curve. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up four basis points at 2.38%, hitting a fresh two-week high, while the 2-yr yield has climbed two basis points to 1.77%.

In Washington, Fed Chair Janet Yellen gave her semiannual testimony before the Joint Economic Committee this morning, but the event had little to no impact on the financial markets as her prepared remarks contained few surprises.

Elsewhere, the major European bourses finished Wednesday's session mixed; Germany's DAX (unch) and France's CAC (+0.1%) closed with slim gains, while the UK's FTSE dropped 0.9%. UK equities tumbled amid an increase in the pound relative to the U.S. dollar (1.3423, +0.0078, +0.6%).

Stock indices in the Asia-Pacific region closed little changed, with Japan's Nikkei (+0.5%) showing relative strength.

Reviewing Wednesday's batch of economic data, which included the second estimate of third quarter GDP, October Pending Home Sales, and the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index:

The second estimate of third quarter GDP pointed to an expansion of 3.3% (Briefing.com consensus +3.2%), up from 3.0% in the initial reading. Meanwhile, the Q3 GDP Deflator was revised to +2.1% (Briefing.com consensus +2.2%) from +2.2%.
The key takeaway from the report is that economic output grew at its strongest pace since the first quarter of 2015, driven by a pickup in both consumer and business spending -- and despite the disruptions created by the hurricanes.
Pending Home Sales for October rose 3.5% (Briefing.com consensus +0.6%). Today's reading follows a revised 0.4% decrease in September (from 0.0%).
The weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index decreased 3.1% to follow last week's 0.1% uptick.

Also, investors will receive the Fed's Beige Book for November at 14:00 ET.

Dow: +67.21… | Nasdaq: -88.59… | S&P: -2.43…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1250/1062. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1368/1562.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue to hover near recent levels, with the tech-heavy Nasdaq showing a loss of 1.4%.

The top-weighted technology sector (-2.8%) continues to trim its yearly advance this afternoon, overpowering gains from most other groups. Facebook (FB 174.77, -7.66) is down 4.2%, while other mega caps like Apple (AAPL 168.02, -5.06), Alphabet (GOOG 1018.92, -28.49), and Microsoft (MSFT 83.55, -1.33) hold losses between 1.5% and 3.0%.

Chipmakers show particular weakness, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index lower by 5.3%.

Elsewhere, the major European bourses finished Wednesday's session mixed; Germany's DAX (unch) and France's CAC (+0.1%) closed with slim gains, while the UK's FTSE dropped 0.9%. UK equities tumbled amid an increase in the pound relative to the U.S. dollar (1.3423, +0.0078, +0.6%).

Dow: +66.89… | Nasdaq: -94.41… | S&P: -2.43…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1296/1068. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1401/1509.

12:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have been ticking lower as of late, with the Nasdaq now showing a loss of 1.6%.

West Texas Intermediate crude futures briefly touched positive territory earlier this morning following a bigger-than-expected draw in U.S. crude inventories for the week ended November 24 (-3.4 million barrels actual vs -3.0 million barrels consensus). However, WTI crude futures now trade at a fresh session low, down 1.0% at a price of $57.40 per barrel.

The S&P 500's energy sector (+0.1%), which typically moves in tandem with the price of crude oil, is also hovering near its lowest mark of the day.

Tomorrow, OPEC and some non-OPEC nations, such as Russia, will meet in Vienna to discuss their supply cut agreement, which is currently scheduled to end in March 2018. Many analysts believe that the countries will agree to extend the deal through the end of 2018.

Dow: +46.26… | Nasdaq: -107.16… | S&P: -5.44…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1276/1199. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1358/1539.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Dow Jones Industrial Average continues to sport a modest gain of 0.3%.

Within the Dow, financial components like Goldman Sachs (GS 243.68, +5.02) and JPMorgan Chase (JPM 103.91, +2.55) hold gains of 2.1% and 2.4%, respectively, while UnitedHealth (UNH 223.04, +6.90) has done even better, adding 3.2%.

Conversely, technology components like Apple (AAPL 169.15, -3.93) and Microsoft (MSFT 83.89, -1.03) show respective losses of 2.2% and 1.1%.

The aforementioned names represent the broader market pretty well; the financial (+2.3%) and health care (+0.7%) sectors are among the top-performing groups, while the technology space (-2.5%) trades at the very bottom of the sector standings.

In Washington, Fed Chair Janet Yellen's semiannual testimony before the Joint Economic Committee has been uneventful thus far.

Dow: +54.32… | Nasdaq: -90.60… | S&P: -3.26…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1320/1232. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1348/1522.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (+0.1%) continues trading a tick above its flat line. Meanwhile, the Dow shows relative strength (+0.4%), and the tech-heavy Nasdaq holds a sizable loss of 1.0%.

Investors have been rotating out of this year's top-performing sector--information technology--this morning and into financials, which are trading comfortably ahead of the broader market for the second day in a row. The S&P 500's technology sector is down 2.1%, while the financial group is higher by 2.2%--extending its week-to-date gain to 4.9%.

The financial space has benefited from a curve-steepening sell off within the U.S. Treasury market, which has widened the 2yr-10yr spread to 61 basis points. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up four basis points at 2.38%, while the 2-yr yield is up two basis points at 1.77%.

Also of note, the Energy Information Administration reported a draw of 3.4 million barrels in U.S. crude inventories for the week ended November 24; the consensus estimate called for a draw of 3.0 million barrels. West Texas Intermediate crude futures are up 0.4% at $58.23 per barrel after holding a loss of around 0.4% ahead of the EIA release.

Dow: +90.64… | Nasdaq: -69.73… | S&P: +0.55…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1473/1158. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1511/1346.

10:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day flat :

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently unchanged at 86.7038
Dollar index is currently down 0.04% at 93.23
Jan WTI crude is down 0.09% on the day.
EIA crude oil inventories showed a draw of 3.4 mln barrels
Futures are $0.05 lower to $57.94/barrel.
In other energy, Jan natural gas is up $0.07 at $3.2/MMBtu
Metals:
Dec gold lost $9.6 and trades at $1285.3/oz, while Dec silver lost $0.17 to $16.65/oz
Dec copper dropped 0.02 to $3.08/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn is up $0.02 at $3.52/bu.
Jan soy is up $0.02 at $9.9525/bu.
Dec wheat is up $0.05 at $4.34/bu.

Dow: +80.26… | Nasdaq: -76.65… | S&P: -0.64…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1450/1191. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1431/1389.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue to trade near their opening levels, with the S&P 500 showing a gain of 0.2%.

Just released, Pending Home Sales for October rose 3.5% (Briefing.com consensus +0.6%). Today's reading follows a revised 0.4% decrease in September (from 0.0%).

Dow: +115.20… | Nasdaq: -28.24… | S&P: +6.12…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1613/1058. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1603/1140.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are mixed in the opening minutes of today's session; the Dow and the S&P 500 sport respective gains of 0.3% and 0.1%, while the Nasdaq shows a loss of 0.3%.

Similar to the prior session, the financial sector (+1.3%) trades comfortably ahead of the broader market this morning, while the technology sector (-0.8%) struggles. The two groups currently sit at the top and bottom of today's sector standings, respectively.

Overall, the 11 sectors are pretty evenly split between green and red, however, outside of technology and financials, movement has been relatively modest. Most advancers hold gains of no more than 0.5% and most decliners hold losses of 0.3% or less.

Dow: +87.97… | Nasdaq: -15.06… | S&P: +4.32…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1620/1072. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1574/1080.

09:19AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -4.10.

Equity futures still point toward a slightly higher open for the U.S. equity market; S&P 500 futures trade three points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

Fed Chair Janet Yellen will officially give her semiannual testimony before the Joint Economic Committee this morning at 10:00 ET, however, her prepared remarks have already been released. The prepared statement didn't contain any surprises, with Ms. Yellen reiterating her view that the lull in inflation is due to transitory factors.

U.S. Treasuries extended losses following the release of Ms. Yellen's statement, sending yields higher across the curve. The benchmark 10-yr yield is up four basis points at 2.38%, which marks its best level in nearly two weeks, while the 2-yr yield is up two basis points at 1.77%.

On the data front, the second estimate of third quarter GDP pointed to an expansion of 3.3% (Briefing.com consensus +3.2%), up from 3.0% in the initial reading. Meanwhile, the Q3 GDP Deflator was revised to +2.1% (Briefing.com consensus +2.2%) from +2.2%.

Investors will also receive October Pending Home Sales (Briefing.com consensus +0.6%) and the Fed's Beige Book for November at 10:00 ET and 14:00 ET, respectively.

In corporate news, shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG 299.55, +13.69) are up 4.8% in pre-market trade after the burrito chain announced that it has launched a search to identify a new CEO. Conversely, shares of Autodesk (ADSK 115.00, -14.95) have dropped 11.5% after the company unveiled a new restructuring plan.

WTI crude futures are down 0.2% at $57.86 per barrel after the American Petroleum Institute reported a build of 1.8 million barrels on Tuesday evening. The official government crude inventory report will cross the wires later this morning at 10:30 ET.

08:51AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +0.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -10.90.

The S&P 500 futures trade one point above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Wednesday on a mostly higher note, showing little concern over North Korea's latest missile test, which proved that DPRK's missile program is advancing at a brisk pace, putting the U.S. mainland in its range. South Korea's President Moon Jae-in said that his country's capabilities will be strengthened against North Korean provocation while China's foreign ministry voiced grave concern over the ICBM test. Separate reports from China indicate that various companies have cancelled their planned sales of yuan-denominated bonds. China Banking Regulatory Commission representative Yu Xuejun said that the country's economy continues to face large downward pressure despite overly strong stimulus measures.

In economic data:
Japan's October Retail Sales -0.2% year-over-year (consensus -0.2%; last 2.3%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei rose 0.5%. Yamaha, Kobe Steel, TOTO, J Front Retailing, Nippon Express, Familymart, NKSJ Holdings, and Hino Motors posted gains between 2.7% and 5.2%. On the downside, Tokyo Electron, Yamaha Motor, Nikon, SUMCO, and Alps Electric posted losses between 0.8% and 5.8%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng shed 0.2%. Apple supplier AAC Technologies was the weakest performer, falling 3.3%. Financials and property names like Ping An Insurance, Henderson Land, AIA Group, China Life Insurance, Sino Land, and SHK Properties posted losses between 0.6% and 1.9%.
China's Shanghai Composite added 0.1%. Cangzhou Dahua, Yunnan Chihong Zinc & Germanium, China Southern Airlines, Wingtech Technology, Huaxin Cement, and Gemdale gained between 6.1% and 8.1%.
India's Sensex shed 0.1%. Financials ended in mixed fashion with AXIS Bank and SBI losing a respective 2.3% and 1.2% while ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank both gained near 0.5%. Tech consultants were also mixed as Wipro gained 1.3% while Tata Consultancy and Infosys lost 1.0% and 0.1%, respectively.

Major European indices trade on a mostly higher note with Spain's IBEX (+1.4%) displaying relative strength while the UK's FTSE (-0.6%) lags. Shortly before the end of yesterday's U.S. session, The Telegraph reported that an agreement has been reached for a Brexit settlement between GBP45 bln and GBP55 bln, but a British government official denied the report. The FinancialTimes later reported that the UK is willing to accept liabilities of up to EUR100 bln with net payments making up roughly half of the amount, which translates to about GBP45 billion. The European Central Bank's Financial Stability report noted that higher rates could lead to growing concerns about ability to service debt [that was accumulated at low rates]. Italy sold EUR1.75 billion in 10-yr BTPs at an average yield of 1.73% (previous 1.86%). The bid-cover ratio hit 1.65x, up from 1.43x at the previous auction.

In economic data:
Eurozone November Business and Consumer Survey 114.6, as expected (last 114.1)
UK's October BoE Consumer Credit GBP1.45 billion (expected GBP1.50 billion; last GBP1.48 billion). October M4 Money Supply +0.6% month-over-month (expected 0.3%; last -0.1%). October Net Lending to Individuals GBP4.80 billion (expected GBP4.30 billion; last GBP5.20 billion). October Mortgage Lending GBP3.39 billion (expected GBP3.60 billion; last GBP3.75 billion)
France's Q3 GDP +0.5% quarter-over-quarter, as expected (last 0.5%). October Consumer Spending -1.9% month-over-month (expected -0.1%; last 1.0%)
Spain's November CPI +0.4% month-over-month (last 0.9%); +1.6% year-over-year, as expected (last 1.6%)
Swiss October Consumption Indicator 1.54 (last 1.51)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE is lower by 0.6%. Drugmakers and consumer names are among the laggards with Hikma Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline, Imperial Brands, Reckitt Benckiser, British American Tobacco, Unilever, Carnival, and Diageo showing losses between 0.7% and 3.0%.
France's CAC trades up 0.7% amid gains in most components. ArcelorMittal leads with a gain of 2.6% while Carrefour, BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, Kering, Accor, Renault, and Airbus Group have added between 1.1% and 2.3%. Peugeot is the weakest performer, falling 2.2%.
Germany's DAX has climbed 0.9% with help from all but three components. Volkswagen has climbed 2.7% amid hopes for a dividend hike while other influential names like Merck, Deutsche Bank, Allianz, Daimler, and Siemens sport gains between 0.9% and 2.5%.
Spain's IBEX is higher by 1.4%. Aena, Caixabank, Bankia, Gamesa, Banco Sabadell, BBVA, Bankinter, and Santander are up between 1.9% and 3.1%.

08:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -2.60.

The S&P 500 futures trade two points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

Just in, the second estimate of third quarter GDP pointed to an expansion of 3.3%, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of +3.2%. The first estimate came in at +3.0% last month.

08:01AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -0.10.

Equity futures are pointing toward a slightly higher open for the U.S. equity market this morning as yesterday's bullish sentiment continues to linger. S&P 500 futures trade three points, or 0.1%, above fair value, while Dow futures (+0.3%) exhibit relative strength.

The major U.S. indices finished Tuesday's session at new record highs, with both the S&P 500 and the Dow adding at least 1.0% apiece, as investors cheered the latest developments in Washington, including the Senate Budget Committee's approval of the GOP's tax reform bill and Jerome Powell's Fed Chair confirmation hearing.

Mr. Powell's comments were largely in line with the Fed's current policy rhetoric, although he did sound a little more lax in the area of regulation.

The U.S. central bank will be in focus once again today as current Fed Chair Janet Yellen is scheduled to give her last semiannual testimony before the Joint Economic Committee. The proceedings will kick off at 10:00 ET and will be watched closely for any insight into monetary policy.

On the data front, investors will receive the second estimate of third quarter GDP (Briefing.com consensus +3.2%) at 8:30 ET, October Pending Home Sales (Briefing.com consensus +0.6%) at 10:00 ET, and the Fed's Beige Book for November at 14:00 ET.

The weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index, which was released earlier this morning, decreased 3.1% to follow last week's 0.1% uptick.

U.S. Treasuries are trading modestly lower this morning, pushing yields into the green; the benchmark 10-yr yield is up one basis point at 2.35%. Meanwhile, West Texas Intermediate crude futures are down 0.3% at $57.85 per barrel after the American Petroleum Institute reported a build of 1.8 million barrels on Tuesday evening.

The official government crude inventory report will cross the wires later this morning at 10:30 ET.

Elsewhere, equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended the midweek session mixed, with Japan's Nikkei (+0.5%) showing relative strength, and the major European bourses are trading mostly higher, evidenced by the Euro Stoxx 50 (+0.7%), but the UK's FTSE (-0.5%) is struggling to keep pace.

In U.S. corporate news:

Allergan (AGN 175.70, +3.78): +2.2% after AGN shares were upgraded to 'Overweight' from 'Equal-Weight' at Morgan Stanley.
Autodesk (ADSK 114.25, -15.70): -12.1% after revealing a restructuring plan that will result in the loss of more than 1,000 jobs.
Tiffany & Co (TIF 93.50, -0.54): -0.6% despite reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Wednesday on a mostly higher note. Japan's Nikkei +0.5%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng -0.2%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.1%, India's Sensex -0.1%.
In economic data:
Japan's October Retail Sales -0.2% year-over-year (consensus -0.2%; last 2.3%)
In news:
Investors showed little concern over North Korea's latest missile test, which proved that DPRK's missile program is advancing at a brisk pace, putting the U.S. mainland in its range. South Korea's President Moon Jae-in said that his country's capabilities will be strengthened against North Korean provocation while China's foreign ministry voiced grave concern over the ICBM test.
Separate reports from China indicate that various companies have cancelled their planned sales of yuan-denominated bonds.
China Banking Regulatory Commission representative Yu Xuejun said that the country's economy continues to face large downward pressure despite overly strong stimulus measures.

Major European indices trade on a mostly higher note with Spain's IBEX (+1.3%) displaying relative strength. Germany's DAX +0.9%, France's CAC +0.7%, UK's FTSE -0.5%.
In economic data:
Eurozone November Business and Consumer Survey 114.6, as expected (last 114.1)
UK's October BoE Consumer Credit GBP1.45 billion (expected GBP1.50 billion; last GBP1.48 billion). October M4 Money Supply +0.6% month-over-month (expected 0.3%; last -0.1%). October Net Lending to Individuals GBP4.80 billion (expected GBP4.30 billion; last GBP5.20 billion). October Mortgage Lending GBP3.39 billion (expected GBP3.60 billion; last GBP3.75 billion)
France's Q3 GDP +0.5% quarter-over-quarter, as expected (last 0.5%). October Consumer Spending -1.9% month-over-month (expected -0.1%; last 1.0%)
Spain's November CPI +0.4% month-over-month (last 0.9%); +1.6% year-over-year, as expected (last 1.6%)
Swiss October Consumption Indicator 1.54 (last 1.51)
In news:
Shortly before the end of yesterday's U.S. session, The Telegraph reported that an agreement has been reached for a Brexit settlement between GBP45 bln and GBP55 bln, but a British government official denied the report. The FinancialTimes later reported that the UK is willing to accept liabilities of up to EUR100 bln with net payments making up roughly half of the amount, which translates to about GBP45 billion.
The European Central Bank's Financial Stability report noted that higher rates could lead to growing concerns about ability to service debt [that was accumulated at low rates].
Italy sold EUR1.75 billion in 10-yr BTPs at an average yield of 1.73% (previous 1.86%). The bid-cover ratio hit 1.65x, up from 1.43x at the previous auction.

06:03AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -4.00.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei

...22597...+111.00

...+0.50%

. Hang Seng...29624...-57.00...-0.20%

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7415.82...-44.80...-0.60%

. DAX...13158...+98.50...+0.80%

04:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities ran to new record highs on Tuesday, with the S&P 500's financial sector (+2.6%) leading the advance.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 Index climbed 1.1% and 1.0%, respectively, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite advanced a relatively modest 0.5%. All three major U.S. stock indices closed at new all-time highs, as did the small-cap Russell 2000, which jumped 1.5%.

Tuesday's rally was fueled by developments in Washington, including the Senate Budget Committee's approval of the GOP's tax reform bill--which effectively sends the bill to the full upper chamber for a vote. There were concerns that the bill wouldn't make it to the Senate floor due to Republicans' slim one-vote majority in the Budget Committee.

In addition, Jerome Powell's Fed Chair confirmation hearing provided support to the broader market--and to financials in particular.

Mr. Powell's comments were largely in line with the Fed's current policy rhetoric, although he did sound a little more lax than current Fed Chair Janet Yellen in the area of regulation. Specifically, Mr. Powell said rules implemented since the financial crisis are 'tough enough' and emphasized a desire to reduce regulatory constraints on smaller banks.

Financial heavyweights like JPMorgan Chase (JPM 101.36, +3.43), Bank of America (BAC 27.64, +1.05), Wells Fargo (WFC 55.57, +1.62), and Citigroup (C 73.70, +2.31) finished with gains between 3.0% and 4.0%.

On a related note, the yield curve steepened slightly as U.S. Treasuries sold off, pushing the 2yr-10yr spread to 59 basis points. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note climbed two basis points to 2.34%, while the 2-yr yield jumped one basis point to 1.75%. A steeper yield curve bodes well for lenders' earnings prospects.

The industrial sector also finished ahead of the broader market, adding 1.5%, as did the lightly-weighted telecom services group, which jumped 2.2%.

However, the top-weighted technology sector struggled throughout the session, ending with a gain of just 0.2%. Mega caps like Apple (AAPL 173.07, -1.02), Alphabet (GOOG 1047.41, -6.80), and Facebook (FB 182.42, -0.61) weighed on the group, finishing with losses between 0.3% and 0.7%.

Sill, the tech space is this year's top-performing sector by far, sporting a year-to-date gain of 39.2%. For comparison, the S&P 500 has climbed 17.3% year to date.

It's also worth pointing out that Tuesday's rally was briefly interrupted in the afternoon following reports that North Korea launched a ballistic missile that landed in the Sea of Japan in Japan's exclusive economic zone. President Trump later responded to the launch, saying "it's a situation we will handle."

Elsewhere, equity markets in Europe finished Tuesday broadly higher, with the UK's FTSE (+1.0%) pacing the advance. After European markets were closed, reports surfaced that the EU and UK have reached a deal on the terms of Brexit liabilities. The pound overcame an early loss to add 0.3% on the U.S. dollar (1.1843).

Stock indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday mostly flat; China's Shanghai Composite (+0.3%) showed relative strength.

Reviewing Tuesday's heavy dose of economic data, which included November Consumer Confidence, October Advance International Trade In Goods, October Advance Wholesale Inventories, the September FHFA Housing Price Index, and the September S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index:

The consumer confidence reading for November increased to 129.5 (Briefing.com consensus 124.0) from the prior month's revised reading of 126.2 (from 125.9).
The key takeaway from the report is that consumers are optimistic about the labor market, but are surprisingly reserved about their short-term income prospects. That is noteworthy because high levels of consumer confidence help consumer spending activity, yet it is income growth that drives consumer spending activity.
The Advance report for International Trade in Goods for October showed a deficit of $68.3 billion (Briefing.com consensus -$65.4 billion), up from a deficit of $64.1 billion in September.
The Advance report for Wholesale Inventories for October showed a decrease of 0.4%. The prior month's increase was revised to 0.1% from 0.3%.
The FHFA Housing Price Index rose 0.3% in September (Briefing.com consensus +0.6%), while the August increase was revised to 0.8% from 0.7%.
The Case-Shiller 20-city Index increased 6.2% in September (Briefing.com consensus +6.0%), while the August increase was revised to 5.8% from 5.9%.

On Wednesday, investors will receive the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index at 7:00 ET, the second estimate of third quarter GDP (Briefing.com consensus +3.2%) at 8:30 ET, October Pending Home Sales (Briefing.com consensus +0.6%) at 10:00 ET, and the Fed's Beige Book for November at 14:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +28.4% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +20.6% YTD
S&P 500 +17.3% YTD
Russell 2000 +13.2% YTD

Dow: +255.93… | Nasdaq: +33.84… | S&P: +25.62…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1455/981. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2027/920.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you and your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com