TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: November 27th Monday Trade Results - Profits $1050.00
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:45 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
112717-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+1050.00.png
112717-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+1050.00.png [ 96.44 KiB | Viewed 228 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $1050.00 dollars or +21.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1050.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log & Price Action is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=173&t=2703

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades and price action analysis are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Quote:
2017 has been the most difficult trading year since I've begun trading +25 years ago because successful trading involves more than just trade methods than any other trading year. This is a key concept many traders have difficulties in understanding. Some blame it on algorithms while I blame it on the inability to adapt, failure to backtest, failure to document trades (real-money or simulator) and underestimating how our environment influences our cognitive decision making while trading...all while trading in low volatility market conditions that statistically have the reputation for difficult trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=333&t=3556 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
112717-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
112717-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1002.62 KiB | Viewed 250 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:20PM ET
Dow: +22.79… | Nasdaq: -10.64… | S&P: -1.00…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.76 bln… Adv: 1139… Dec: 1538…
NYSE Vol: 766.0 mln… Adv: 1107… Dec: 1807…

Moving the Market

Investors hit pause as equities hover at record highs

Energy shares underperform amid a decline in the price of crude oil

Sector Watch
Strong: Industrials, Utilities, Telecom Services
Weak: Energy, Materials, Real Estate

04:20PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities opened the week with a flat, unenthusiastic performance on Monday following the long Thanksgiving weekend.

The S&P 500 Index (unch) and the Nasdaq Composite (-0.2%) finished with modest losses, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.1%) eked out a slim victory. All three major stock indices kept within a pretty narrow range throughout the session amid lighter-than-usual trading volume.

More than half of the S&P 500's 11 sectors settled Monday's session in positive territory, but gains were limited. The lightly-weighted telecom services and utilities groups were the top performers, adding 0.4% and 0.5%, respectively, followed by the more influential industrial group, which finished higher by just 0.2%.

Conversely, the energy sector was the weakest group, moving lower by 1.0%, as the price of crude oil retreated from its best level in over two years; West Texas Intermediate crude futures finished the session lower by 1.4% at a price of $58.13 per barrel. Monday's loss extends the energy sector's year-to-date decline to 10.8%.

On a related note, OPEC and non-OPEC nations, including Russia, will meet in Vienna on Thursday to discuss extending their supply cut agreement beyond the current end date of March 2018. Most analysts believe that the oil producers will reach an extension agreement, but the length of said extension remains unclear.

Other notable events on this week's calendar include the Fed Chair confirmation hearing for Jerome Powell (Tuesday), current Fed Chair Janet Yellen's semiannual testimony before the Joint Economic Committee (Wednesday), and a vote on the Senate's tax reform bill (expected Thursday).

Corporate news was pretty light on Monday, but it's worth noting that shares of Time (TIME 18.50, +1.60) jumped 9.5% after the magazine company--which, in addition to Time, owns brands like Sports Illustrated, Fortune, and People--agreed to be acquired by Meredith (MDP 67.55, +6.55) for $18.50 per share.

In addition, retailers advanced on 'Cyber Monday' amid continued signs of an upbeat start to the holiday shopping season. L Brands (LB 50.34, +1.98) showed particular strength, adding 4.1%, as did online giant Amazon (AMZN 1195.83, +9.83), which climbed 0.8%--settling at a new record high.

U.S. Treasuries moved mostly higher in yet another curve-flattening trade that cut the 2yr-10yr spread to 58 basis points from 60 bps on Friday. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note slipped two basis points to 2.32%, while the 2-yr yield finished unchanged at 1.74%. Yields move inversely to prices.

Elsewhere, the Euro Stoxx 50 dropped 0.5% despite news over the weekend that German Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democratic Union party has agreed to pursue a grand coalition with the Social Democrats in an attempt to break a political deadlock and avoid new elections.

Stocks in the Asia-Pacific region also finished Monday broadly lower, with China's Shanghai Composite (-0.9%) pacing the retreat.

Reviewing Monday's economic data, which was limited to October New Home Sales:

New Home Sales hit an annualized rate of 685,000 in October, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 629,000. The September figure was revised to 645,000 from 667,000.
The key takeaway from the report is that there was sales growth in all regions, led by a huge pickup in sales in the Northeast and the Midwest, underscoring the solid demand for new homes.

On Tuesday, investors will receive October Advance International Trade In Goods (Briefing.com consensus -$65.4 billion) at 8:30 ET, October Advance Wholesale Inventories also at 8:30 ET, the September FHFA Housing Price Index (Briefing.com consensus +0.6%) at 9:00 ET, the September S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index (Briefing.com consensus +6.0%) also at 9:00 ET, and November Consumer Confidence (Briefing.com consensus 124.0) at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +27.8% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +19.3% YTD
S&P 500 +16.2% YTD
Russell 2000 +11.5% YTD

Dow: +22.79… | Nasdaq: -10.64… | S&P: -1.00…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1139/1538. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1107/1807.

03:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day higher :

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up 1.84% at 87
Dollar index is currently up 0.14% at 92.91
Jan WTI Crude is down 1.39% on the day.
Futures settle $0.82 lower to $58.13/barrel.
In other energy, Jan Natural Gas settled up $0.10 at $3.02/MMBtu
On the metals:
Dec Gold gained $7.00 to settle at $1294.30/oz, while Dec silver gained $0.04 to $17.03/oz
Dec Copper dropped $0.04 to $3.13/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec Corn settled unchanged at $3.39/bu.
Jan Soy settled up $0.005 at $9.965/bu.
Dec Wheat settled up $0.01 at $4.29/bu.

Dow: +34.47… | Nasdaq: -8.53… | S&P: +0.03…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1276/1498. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1232/1702.

02:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices enter the final hour of trading near their unchanged marks.

Looking ahead, investors will receive a heavy dose of economic data this week, highlighted by the Thursday release of October Personal Income (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%), Personal Spending (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%), and PCE Prices (Briefing.com consensus +0.1%), and the Friday release of the November ISM Manufacturing Index (Briefing.com consensus 58.3).

As for earnings, Autodesk (ADSK 129.54, +0.05) will report on Tuesday, followed by Tiffany & Co (TIF 92.97, -0.07) on Wednesday, and Kroger (KR 23.15, +0.17) on Thursday.

Other notable events on this week's calendar include the Fed Chair confirmation hearing for Jerome Powell (Tuesday), current Fed Chair Yellen's semiannual testimony before the Joint Economic Committee (Wednesday), a meeting between OPEC and non-OPEC members to discuss their production cut agreement (Thursday), and a vote on the Senate's tax reform bill (expected Thursday).

Dow: +28.05… | Nasdaq: -8.64… | S&P: -0.30…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1205/1605. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1234/1689.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have not changed since the last update.

West Texas Intermediate crude futures have trimmed their losses a bit this afternoon, but still trade lower by 1.2% at a price of $58.24 per barrel. Today's decline was preceded by the commodity's best close in more than two years on Friday and comes ahead of Thursday's meeting between some of the world's top oil producers--which is expected to result in the extension of the current OPEC/non-OPEC supply-cut agreement.

The S&P 500's energy sector, which typically moves in tandem with the price of crude oil, trades at the bottom of today's sector standings with a loss of 0.9%.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are trading roughly flat, with longer-dated issues showing relative strength; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is down one basis point at 2.33%. Meanwhile, the 2-yr yield is unchanged at 1.74%. Yields move inversely to prices.

Dow: +20.25… | Nasdaq: -11.30… | S&P: -0.82…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1205/1604. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1242/1664.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks continue to trade near their flat lines, which is where they've spent the entire Monday session.

Seven sectors are hovering in the green this afternoon--utilities (+0.5%), telecom services (+0.4%), consumer discretionary (+0.2%), industrials (+0.2%), financials (+0.1%), consumer staples (+0.1%), and technology (unch)--while five sectors are trading in the red--real estate (unch), health care (-0.1%), materials (-0.5%), and energy (-1.0%).

Within the consumer discretionary group, online retail giant Amazon (AMZN 1201.90, +15.90) is up 1.4%, touching a new all-time high, amid reports of a positive start to the holiday shopping season. Today's advance extends Amazon's 2017 gain to 60.3%.

Dow: +32.19… | Nasdaq: -5.07… | S&P: +0.29…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1247/1594. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1253/1638.

01:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue to fluctuate around base levels, and are currently trading mixed as investors return to the market following last week's Thanksgiving Day break.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Cisco (CSCO 36.94, +0.45), Verizon (VZ 47.60, +0.59), & Home Depot (HD 174.01, +1.68) are outperforming. Verizon is among the Dow's top gainers following a positive mention in this weekend's Barron's magazine.

Conversely, DowDuPont (DWDP 70.33, -0.83) is the worst-performing Dow component as materials lag in today's session.

With today's small gains, the DJIA is now up 0.9% this month.

Elsewhere, at the top of the hour, the Treasury's $34 bln 5-year auction drew a high yield of 2.066% on a bid-to-cover of 2.46.

Dow: +31.93… | Nasdaq: -4.27… | S&P: +0.03…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1272/1550. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1252/1634.

01:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks are flat through the first half of Monday's session as investors reluctantly return from the extended holiday weekend.

The S&P 500 is unchanged, hovering just above the 2600 mark, while the Nasdaq (-0.2%) holds a slim loss and the Dow (+0.2%) sports a modest gain.

Sectors are pretty evenly split between green and red this afternoon, but movement has been limited in general; ten of the eleven groups hold gains/losses of no more than 0.5%. The energy sector is the lone exception, moving lower by 1.1% amid a decline in the price of crude oil.

West Texas Intermediate crude futures are down 1.4% at $58.12 per barrel after closing Friday's session at a 29-month high.

Today's energy retreat comes ahead of Thursday's meeting between some of the world's top oil producers, including both OPEC and non-OPEC nations. The countries are expected to reach a deal to extend their current supply-cut agreement beyond March.

Meanwhile, chipmakers have also struggled today, evidenced by the PHLX Semiconductor Index, which has shed 1.1%. The top-weighted technology sector (-0.1%), which houses semiconductor names, has held up relatively well, however, thanks in part to positive performances from influential names like Microsoft (MSFT 83.78, +0.52) and Alphabet (GOOG 1048.47, +7.86).

The lightly-weighted utilities sector is the top-performing group, sporting a gain of 0.5%.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are mixed in another curve-flattening trade that has reduced the 2yr-10yr spread to 58 basis points. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is down one basis point at 2.33%, while the 2-yr yield is up one basis point at 1.75%.

Elsewhere, European equities settled Monday on a lower note, with the Euro Stoxx 50 (-0.5%) breaking its two-session winning streak. German Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democratic Union party agreed over the weekend to pursue a grand coalition with the Social Democrats in an attempt to avoid new elections and break a political deadlock.

The major indices in the Asia-Pacific region also started the week on the back foot, with China's Shanghai Composite (-0.9%) pacing the retreat.

Reviewing Monday's economic data, which was limited to October New Home Sales:

New Home Sales hit an annualized rate of 685,000 in October, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 629,000. The September figure was revised to 645,000 from 667,000.
The key takeaway from the report is that there was sales growth in all regions, led by a huge pickup in sales in the Northeast and the Midwest, underscoring the solid demand for new homes.

Dow: +28.62… | Nasdaq: -11.91… | S&P: -0.91…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1185/1652. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1145/1745.

12:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices have not changed since the last update.

European equities settled Monday on a lower note, with the Euro Stoxx 50 (-0.5%) breaking its two-session winning streak. In Germany, Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democratic Union party agreed over the weekend to pursue a grand coalition with the Social Democrats in an attempt to avoid new elections and break a political deadlock.

Meanwhile, the euro is down 0.1% against the U.S. dollar at 1.1918--which is just a tick below the two-month high that the EUR/USD closed at on Friday.

Dow: +28.92… | Nasdaq: -11.19… | S&P: -1.23…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1150/1687. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1128/1763.

12:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue hovering near their unchanged marks moving into the afternoon session.

Transports are lagging today, evidenced by the Dow Jones Transportation Average, which is lower by 0.5%. Within the DJTA, railroads show particular weakness after Loop Capital downgraded Norfolk Southern (NSC 126.76, -3.25) to 'Sell' from 'Hold'; Norfolk Southern is down 2.5%, while peers like CSX (CSX 50.34, -0.56) and Union Pacific (UNP 115.91, -2.33) are down 1.0% and 2.0%, respectively.

Meanwhile, the S&P 500's industrial sector, which houses transportation names, sports a slim gain of 0.1%. Within the group, heavyweights like General Electric (GE 18.37, +0.18), 3M (MMM 233.77, +2.39), and Honeywell (HON 150.71, +1.05) hold gains between 0.7% and 1.1%.

Dow: +29.83… | Nasdaq: -10.60… | S&P: -0.55…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1149/1690. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1130/1718.

11:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have slipped in recent action, sending the S&P 500 back to its flat line.

The top-weighted technology sector (-0.2%) is underperforming this morning, with its heaviest component by market cap--Apple (AAPL 174.09, -0.88)--showing a loss of 0.5%. Chipmakers have also struggled, evidenced by the PHLX Semiconductor Index, which is lower by 1.0%.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are mixed once again after trading roughly flat for a short period of time earlier this morning. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is down one basis point at 2.33%, while the 2-yr yield is up two basis points at 1.76%.

Dow: +29.37… | Nasdaq: -15.49… | S&P: -1.42…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1175/1675. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1181/1653.

11:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. stock indices trade a tick above their unchanged marks this morning after opening today's session flat. The S&P 500 and the Nasdaq sport gains of 0.1% apiece, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average outperforms, rising 0.3%.

3M (MMM 234.16, +2.78) and Home Depot (HD 174.64, +2.31) have helped put the price-weighted Dow ahead of its peers, climbing 1.2% and 1.3%, respectively. Dow components Verizon (VZ 47.73, +0.73), Cisco Systems (CSCO 36.93, +0.43), and General Electric (GE 18.40, +0.21) also exhibit notable strength, adding more than 1.0% apiece.

Eight of the eleven sectors are trading in positive territory, but no group holds a gain of more than 0.3%. The three declining sectors are real estate, materials, and energy, which hold losses of 0.1%, 0.3%, and 0.9%, respectively. Energy shares have moved lower in tandem with WTI crude futures, which are down 1.9% at $57.82 per barrel.

Dow: +70.24… | Nasdaq: +2.30… | S&P: +2.37…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1337/1509. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1241/1558.

10:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day lower:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down 0.29% at 86.7436
Dollar index is currently down 0.02% at 92.76
Dec WTI crude is down 2.26% on the day.
Futures are $1.33 lower to $57.62/barrel.
In other energy, Dec natural gas is up $0.08 at $3/MMBtu
Metals:
Dec gold gained $6.40 and trades at $1293.70/oz, while Dec silver gained $0.05 to $17.04/oz
Dec copper dropped 0.04 to $3.13/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn is down $0.02 at $3.40/bu.
Dec soy is up $0.04 at $9.9725/bu.
Dec wheat is down $0.06 at $4.29/bu.

Dow: +62.34… | Nasdaq: +2.87… | S&P: +1.91…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1431/1385. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1252/1514.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have ticked up from their opening levels, with the S&P 500 now sporting a slim gain of 0.1%.

Just in, New Home Sales hit an annualized rate of 685,000 in October, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 629,000. The September figure was revised to 645,000 from 667,000.

Dow: +53.25… | Nasdaq: +3.10… | S&P: +2.66…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1439/1300. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1314/1393.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are flat in the opening minutes of today's session, with the S&P 500 hovering near 2603.

More than half of the 11 sectors are trading in the green, but gains have been limited thus far. The consumer discretionary (+0.4%) and telecom services (+0.9%) groups are the top performers, while the technology (-0.3%), energy (-0.5%), and materials (-0.3%) spaces trade at the opposite end of the sector standings.

As a reminder, today's lone economic report--October New Home Sales (Briefing.com consensus 629K)--will be released shortly at 10:00 ET.

Dow: +6.80… | Nasdaq: -1.39… | S&P: +1.80…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1378/1246. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1250/1280.

09:10AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +0.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -1.60.

Equities ended Friday's abbreviated session at fresh all-time highs, and a rather uneventful holiday weekend has given investors little reason to push the market off its new record mark. The S&P 500 futures are pointing to a slightly higher open this morning, hovering one point above fair value.

Corporate news has been pretty light today, but it's worth noting that shares of Time (TIME 18.40, +1.50) are up 8.9% after the company agreed to be acquired by Meredith (MDP 65.00, +4.00) for a price of $18.50 per share. Similarly, Meredith shares are up 6.6% in pre-market trade.

U.S. Treasuries have continued the curve-flattening trend this morning, reducing the 2yr-10yr spread to 58 basis points. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is down one basis point at 2.33%, while the 2-yr yield is higher by one basis point at 1.75%.

Meanwhile, WTI crude futures are down 0.9% at $58.42 per barrel, which leaves them just a step below a 29-month high.

Economic data will be limited today with just one report--October New Home Sales (Briefing.com consensus 629K)--on the docket. The report will be released at 10:00 ET.

08:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +0.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -0.40.

The S&P 500 futures trade one point above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended the first trading day of the week lower across the board. Stocks in China declined following renewed worries stemming from increased costs of lending, while the PBoC's neutral liquidity operation left sentiment in a quandary with the unsteadiness in the bond market looming. Japanese shares were unable to sustain the modestly higher close from Wall Street on Friday

In economic data:
Japan's Oct Corporate Service Price: +0.8% vs +0.9%e
China's Oct Industrial Profits: 25.1% vs 27.7% in Oct 2016

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei lost 0.2%. Japanese shares opened higher, but could not sustain the early momentum. Among the positives was Nintendo, which gained over 2% after a strong reports from Black Friday sales. On the flip-side, Industrials were among the worst performing sectors, with the likes of Kawasaki Heavy Industries and Sumitomo Heavy Industries falling over 2% on the day.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng gave up 0.6% on Monday. Insurance names were among the worst performing group, with Ping AN falling 2.7%, while China Life shed 1.1%.
China's Shanghai Composite ended lower by 0.9%. As expected, the banking stocks were among the weakest groups, with ICBC outpacing the benchmark's declines with a loss of 1.3%. Additionally, there appeared to be some profit taking in some of the biggest gainers for the year. This group included with ZTE Corp, which fell 10%, while BOE Technology Group Co nearly matched that with a fall of 9.7%
India's Sensex closed higher by 0.1%. The Sensex saw 16 advancers, compared to 14 decliners. Although the number of advancers outpaced the deliners, there were some heavyweights took a hit on Monday. Among the most notables, Infosys shed 1.2%, while Tata Steel fell 0.8%.

Major European indices were sporting modest gains earlier, but have since succumbed to selling interest and are now sporting modest losses. There hasn't been much "new" news of note to begin the week. The overarching item continues to be the encouraging consideration that Germany might be able to avoid calling new elections now that the Social Democratic Party (SPD) is open to a ruling coalition with the CDU/CSU. EUR/USD up 0.1% to 1.1947, while the yield on the German bund has dropped two basis points to 0.35%.

In economic data:
Italy's November Business Confidence 110.8 (prior 110.9); November Consumer Confidence 114.3 (expected 116.4; prior 116.0)
Swiss Q3 Employment Level 4.956 mln (prior 4.915 mln)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE is down 0.1%. EasyJet (+2.0%) sits atop the list of winners, followed by GlaxoSmithKline (+1.8%) and IAG (+1.2%). Micro Focus (-4.0%) is the worst-performing component, with reports attributing the move to a Deutsche Bank downgrade to Hold from Buy.
France's CAC is down 0.2% without a single stock trading at least 1.0% higher. Publicis Groupe (+0.8%) and Valeo (+0.8%) have recorded the biggest percentage gains. On the flip side, Kering (-1.1%) and STMicroelectronics (-1.4%) are the lone stocks down more than 1.0%.
Germany's DAX is down 0.1%. Infineon (-1.3%) and BASF (-1.1%) are the biggest drags, yet their losses are being mitigated by gains in Fresenius SE (+0.9%), Vonovia (+0.8%), and Commerzbank (+0.7%).

08:28AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +0.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -3.40.

The S&P 500 futures trade in line with fair value.

West Texas Intermediate crude futures are trading near a 29-month high this morning, hovering at a price of $58.27 per barrel, as investors prepare for Thursday's meeting between top oil producers--including both OPEC and non-OPEC nations. The countries are expected to extend their current supply-cut deal, which is set to expire in March.

Energy shares within the S&P 500 have declined by 9.8% so far this year, while the S&P 500 has advanced 16.2%. Higher oil prices are typically seen as a positive for the energy group, although that line of thought hasn't exactly played out this year considering WTI crude futures are up 8.5% year to date.

07:59AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -0.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -0.40.

The U.S. equity market is on track for a flat open this morning as traders return to their desks following the extended Thanksgiving weekend. The S&P 500 futures are trading one point below fair value, while the Nasdaq futures are hovering in line with fair value. Both the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq settled Friday's abbreviated session at fresh record highs.

Elsewhere, equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Monday on a lower note, with China's Shanghai Composite (-0.9%) pacing the retreat, while the major European bourses currently trade a step below their unchanged marks; the Euro Stoxx 50 is lower by 0.3%.

This week will feature several notable events, including Jerome Powell's Fed Chair confirmation hearing on Tuesday, current Fed Chair Janet Yellen's economic outlook testimony before the Joint Economic Committee on Wednesday, and an expected vote on the Senate's tax reform bill on Thursday.

Oil producers will also be in focus this week as OPEC and non-OPEC nations, including Russia, are set to meet on Thursday to discuss whether or not they will extend their current supply cut agreement beyond March 2018. WTI crude futures are currently trading lower by 1.1% at $58.30 per barrel.

On the data front, investors will receive a number of economic reports this week, the most notable of which will be the Thursday release of October Personal Income (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%), Personal Spending (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%), and PCE Prices (Briefing.com consensus +0.1%), and the Friday release of the November ISM Index (Briefing.com consensus 58.3).

Today's lone economic report--October New Home Sales (Briefing.com consensus 629K)--will cross the wires at 10:00 ET.

U.S. Treasuries are trading mixed this morning, cutting the 2yr-10yr spread to 57 basis points. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is down one basis point at 2.33%, while the yield on the 2-yr Treasury note is up two basis points at 1.76%.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is down 0.1% at 92.59--which marks a nine-week low.

In U.S. corporate news:

Time (TIME 18.40, +1.50): +8.9% following news that the company will be acquired by Meredith (MDP 62.00, +1.00) for $18.50 per share.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended the first trading day of the week lower across the board. Japan's Nikkei -0.2%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng -0.6%, China's Shanghai Composite -0.9%, India's Sensex +0.1%.
In economic data:
Japan's Oct Corporate Service Price: +0.8% vs +0.9% consensus
China's Oct Industrial Profits: 25.1% vs 27.7% in Oct 2016
In news:
Stocks in China declined following renewed worries stemming from increased costs of lending, while the PBoC's neutral liquidity operation left sentiment in a quandary with the unsteadiness in the bond market looming.

Major European indices were sporting modest gains earlier, but have since succumbed to selling interest and are now sporting modest losses. UK's FTSE -0.1%, France's CAC -0.2%, Germany's DAX -0.3%.
In economic data:
Italy's November Business Confidence 110.8 (prior 110.9); November Consumer Confidence 114.3 (expected 116.4; prior 116.0)
Swiss Q3 Employment Level 4.956 mln (prior 4.915 mln)
In news:
The overarching news item continues to be the encouraging consideration that Germany might be able to avoid calling new elections now that the Social Democratic Party (SPD) is open to a ruling coalition.

06:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +37.60.
05:59AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...22496...-54.90...-0.20%

Hang Seng...29686...-180.10...-0.60%

05:59AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7432...+22.40...+0.30%

DAX...13054...-6.00...-0.10%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you and your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com