TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: November 20th Monday Trade Results - Profits $162.50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:20 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Telephone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
112017-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+162.50.png
112017-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-Broker-PnL-Statement-Profit+162.50.png [ 95.74 KiB | Viewed 247 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $162.50 dollars or +3.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $162.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=173&t=2698

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Quote:
2017 has been the most difficult trading year since I've begun trading +25 years ago because successful trading involves more than just trade methods than any other trading year. This is a key concept many traders have difficulties in understanding. Some blame it on algorithms while I blame it on the inability to adapt, failure to backtest, failure to document trades (real-money or simulator) and underestimating how our environment influences our cognitive decision making while trading...all while trading in low volatility market conditions that statistically have the reputation for difficult trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=333&t=3556 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
112017-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
112017-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.02 MiB | Viewed 227 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: +72.09… | Nasdaq: +7.92… | S&P: +3.29…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.8 bln… Adv: 1630… Dec: 1049…
NYSE Vol: 732.8 mln… Adv: 1762… Dec: 1168…

Moving the Market

Little conviction ahead of the Thanksgiving break

Heavily-weighted financial sector shows relative strength

Sector Watch
Strong: Financials, Industrials, Technology, Telecom Services
Weak: Energy, Health Care, Consumer Staples, Utilities, Real Estate
04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks had a quiet, but positive, start to the abbreviated Thanksgiving week on lighter-than-usual trading volume.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, finishing a step above the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq, which added 0.1% apiece. Meanwhile, small caps outperformed, sending the small-cap Russell 2000 higher by 0.7%.

Tax reform remained a topic of conversation in the media on Monday, despite the lack of new developments. The House did its part last week when it passed its version of a tax reform bill, and analysts continue to debate whether the Senate can do the same when its version goes to the floor for a vote sometime after Thanksgiving.

Fed Chair Janet Yellen announced that she will resign from the Board of Governors when Jerome Powell replaces her as Fed Chair in early February. Ms. Yellen had the right to stay on the Board of Governors until January 2024, but her decision was not a surprise and had little impact on the financial markets.

As for corporate news, there were a few notable headlines on Monday, but the day was pretty quiet overall.

Chipmakers showed relative strength, evidenced by the 1.2% increase in the PHLX Semiconductor Index, after Marvell (MRVL 21.59, +1.30) announced that it will acquire Cavium Networks (CAVM 84.02, +8.19) for approximately $6 billion, or $80.00 per share, in cash and stock. MRVL shares added 6.4%, while CAVM shares jumped 10.8%.

The S&P 500's technology sector (+0.3%), which houses chipmakers, finished ahead of the broader market, but a ways behind the telecom services group (+1.0%), which settled at the top of the sector standings. Verizon (VZ 46.20, +0.78) led the telecom rally, adding 1.7%, after Wells Fargo upgraded VZ shares to 'Outperform' from 'Market Perform.'

Telecom giant AT&T (T 34.64, +0.13) also had a relatively positive showing, climbing 0.4%, following reports that the Department of Justice plans to make a major antitrust announcement on Monday evening that involves the company's pending acquisition of Time Warner (TWX 87.71, -1.01). TWX shares lost 1.1%.

The heavily-weighted financial sector climbed 0.5%, while the other advancing sectors added no more than 0.4%.

On the flip side, the health care space was the weakest group on Monday, moving lower by 0.4%. Within the group, Dow component Merck (MRK 54.10, -1.10) showed relative weakness, losing 2.0%, after Switzerland-based rival Roche announced positive clinical trial results for its cancer immunotherapy treatment called Tecentriq.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries moved lower in another curve-flattening trade, reducing the 2yr-10-yr spread to just 62 basis points. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note climbed two basis points to 2.37%, while the 2-yr yield jumped three basis points to 1.75%. Yields move inversely to prices.

Elsewhere, efforts to form a coalition government in Germany fell apart overnight, leaving Europe's largest economy in a state of political uncertainty. However, European equities were able to climb despite the news, with Germany's DAX (+0.5%) pacing the advance.

Major indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Monday on a mixed note, with Japan's Nikkei (-0.6%) slipping for the seventh time in nine sessions.

Reviewing Monday's economic data, which was limited to October Leading Indicators:

The Conference Board Leading Economic Index increased 1.2% in October (Briefing.com +0.8%). The prior month's reading was revised to +0.1% from -0.2%.

On Tuesday, investors will again receive just one economic report--October Existing Home Sales (Briefing.com consensus 5.42 million)--which will be released at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +26.2% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +18.6% YTD
S&P 500 +15.3% YTD
Russell 2000 +10.8% YTD

Dow: +72.09… | Nasdaq: +7.92… | S&P: +3.29…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1630/1049. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1762/1168.

03:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day higher :

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down -0.66% at 86.19
Dollar index is currently up 0.44% at 94.07
Dec WTI Crude is down 0.51% on the day.
Futures settle $0.29 lower to $56.42/barrel.
In other energy, Dec Natural Gas settled down $0.05 at $3.05/MMBtu
On the metals:
Dec Gold lost $20.8 to settle at $1275.7/oz, while Dec silver lost $0.51 to $16.86/oz
Dec Copper gained $0.02 to $3.09/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec Corn settled down $0.03 at $3.42/bu.
Dec Soy settled down $0.1475 at $9.7525/bu.
Dec Wheat settled up $0.03 at $4.25/bu.

02:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages enter the final hour of trading with modest gains; the S&P 500 is up 0.2%.

Crude oil had another disappointing performance today, dropping 0.5% to $56.42/bbl. The commodity has struggled since settling at a 28-month high ($57.35/bbl) on November 6, losing 1.6% over the last two weeks. Investors remain optimistic, however, that top oil producers will reach an agreement to extend their current supply cut deal when they meet at the end of the month.

The S&P 500's energy sector (-0.1%), which usually moves in tandem with the price of crude oil, trades behind the broader market.

Looking ahead, investors will receive third quarter earnings from Urban Outfitters (URBN 27.72, -0.18) following today's closing bell and results from Medtronic (MDT 79.29, -0.20), Lowe's (LOW 81.59, +1.38), Dollar Tree (DLTR 97.02, +2.41), Analog Devices (ADI 93.52, +3.10), and Campbell Soup (CPB 49.97, +0.25) tomorrow morning.

Dow: +89.89… | Nasdaq: +7.09… | S&P: +4.95…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1669/1133. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1742/1175.

02:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities are drifting near their recent levels, with the S&P 500 sporting a gain of 0.2%.

The heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.5%) has been in a slow and steady climb today, underpinned by influential banking names like JPMorgan Chase (JPM 99.04, +0.90), Bank of America (BAC 26.80,+0.18), and Citigroup (C 72.19, +0.86), which currently sport gains between 0.7% and 1.2%.

However, the financial sector is still trading lower for the month, showing a month-to-date loss of 1.2%. For comparison, the S&P 500 is up 0.4% month to date.

Elsewhere, the Fed recently announced that Fed Chair Janet Yellen will not stay on as a Member of the Board of Governors after current Fed Governor Jerome Powell is sworn in as the next Fed Chair in early February. Ms. Yellen's decision was not seen as a surprise.

Dow: +88.79… | Nasdaq: +5.08… | S&P: +4.70…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1627/1192. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1702/1213.

01:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are trading near their best marks of the day. The Dow is up 0.4%, while the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq show respective gains of 0.2% and 0.1%.

Six sectors trade in the green--telecom services (+0.8%), financials (+0.5%), industrials (+0.5%), technology (+0.3%), consumer discretionary (+0.3%), and materials (+0.2%)--while five sectors trade in the red--consumer staples (unch), real estate (-0.1%), energy (-0.2%), utilities (-0.2%), and health care (-0.4%).

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries continue to trade a step below their flat lines, pushing yields higher across the curve. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up two basis points at 2.37%, while the 2-yr yield is higher by three basis points at 1.75%.

Dow: +89.11… | Nasdaq: +8.97… | S&P: +4.76…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1668/1142. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1710/1184.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. have continued their gradual move higher with stocks currently near their best levels of the day.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Home Depot (HD 170.47, +2.73), Verizon (VZ 46.15, +0.73), & Cisco (CSCO 36.39, +0.49) are outperforming. Home Depot is seeing a continuation from last week's earnings-driven rally, while Verizon is advancing after being upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Wells Fargo.

Conversely, Merck (MRK 54.31, -0.89) is the worst-performing Dow component amid competitive concerns after Swiss healthcare giant Roche (RHHBY 30.88, +1.78) announced positive Phase 3 lung cancer combination results.

At current levels, the DJIA is up 0.33% this month.

Dow: +90.95… | Nasdaq: +6.68… | S&P: +4.78…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1612/1184. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1708/1192.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks are slightly higher this afternoon following a quiet start to the abbreviated holiday week.

The S&P 500 Index is up 0.1%, while the price-weighted Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.4%) shows relative strength thanks to select outperformers, such as Boeing (BA 264.79, +2.53), 3M (MMM 233.13, +3.77), and Home Depot (HD 170.43, +2.69), among others. The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite trades near its flat line.

Investors continue to keep an eye on Washington, where Republican lawmakers are trying to implement the biggest tax overhaul in more than 30 years. The House passed its version of a tax reform bill last Thursday, while the Senate continues to hammer out the details of its version--which is expected to go to the floor for a vote sometime after Thanksgiving.

The S&P 500's telecom services sector (+0.8%) has shown relative strength today after Wells Fargo upgraded Verizon (VZ 46.02, +0.60) shares to 'Outperform' from 'Market Perform,' but the other advancing sectors hold modest gains of no more than 0.5%.

Chipmakers have helped the top-weighted technology sector (+0.3%) trade ahead of the broader market following news that Marvell (MRVL 21.35, +1.06) will acquire Cavium Networks (CAVM 83.17, +7.34) for approximately $6 billion, or $80.00 per share, in cash and stock. The two semiconductor names are up 5.4% and 9.8%, respectively, while the PHLX Semiconductor Index is higher by 1.1%.

On the downside, health care shares have struggled today. Merck (MRK 54.02, -1.17) shows relative weakness after Switzerland-based rival Roche announced positive clinical trial results for its cancer immunotherapy treatment called Tecentriq; MRK shares are lower by 2.1%.

Biotech names have also weighed on the health care group (-0.5%), sending the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 308.12, -3.09) lower by 1.0%.

Outside the equity market, U.S. Treasuries are trading lower today, cutting the 2yr-10yr spread to just 62 basis points--its lowest level since 2007. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up two basis points at 2.37%, while the 2-yr yield is up three basis points at 1.75%.

Elsewhere, efforts to form a coalition government in Germany fell apart overnight, leaving Europe's largest economy in a state of political uncertainty. However, European equities were able to climb despite the news, with Germany's DAX (+0.5%) pacing the advance.

Major indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Monday on a mixed note, with Japan's Nikkei (-0.6%) slipping for the seventh time in nine sessions.

Reviewing Monday's economic data, which was limited to October Leading Indicators:

The Conference Board Leading Economic Index increased 1.2% in October (Briefing.com +0.8%). The prior month's reading was revised to +0.1% from -0.2%.

Dow: +88.72… | Nasdaq: +4.50… | S&P: +4.13…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1547/1261. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1654/1246.

12:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue to drift near their recent levels, with the Nasdaq (unch) showing relative weakness.

Efforts to form a coalition government in Germany fell apart overnight, leaving Europe's largest economy in a state of political uncertainty. However, European equities were able to climb despite the news, with Germany's DAX (+0.5%) pacing the advance. France's CAC and the UK's FTSE added 0.4% and 0.1%, respectively.

In Asia, the major stock indices kicked off the week on a mixed note. Japan's Nikkei (-0.6%) moved lower for the seventh time in nine sessions, while China's Shanghai Composite (+0.3%) and Hong Kong's Hang Seng (+0.2%) finished with slim gains.

Dow: +83.45… | Nasdaq: -0.69… | S&P: +2.55…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1546/1253. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1651/1240.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Moving into the afternoon session, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.4%) trades a step ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.1%) and the Nasdaq (+0.1%).

The Dow is a price-weighted average, meaning the higher a Dow component's shares are priced, the more influence the component has on the blue-chip average.

For instance, Boeing (BA 265.12, +2.86) trades at a price of $265.12 per share, making it the priciest, and, therefore, the most influential component within the Dow. The least-influential Dow component is General Electric (GE 17.90, -0.31), which trades at a price of $17.90 per share.

Some of the Dow's priciest components are also some of the top-performing names today, giving the industrial average an edge over its peers.

In addition to Boeing, which is up 1.2%, 3M (MMM 233.20, +3.84), Home Depot (HD 170.47, +2.73), IBM (IBM 151.14, +2.17), and Caterpillar (CAT 137.71, +1.58) have all significantly contributed to the Dow's outperformance, adding more than 1.0% apiece.

Dow: +89.47… | Nasdaq: +5.39… | S&P: +3.37…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1595/1228. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1642/1220.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have been ticking higher as of late, with the Dow (+0.4%) exhibiting relative strength. The S&P 500 is up 0.2%.

Chipmakers are outperforming this morning, evidenced by the 1.0% increase in the PHLX Semiconductor Index, following news that Marvell (MRVL 20.27, -0.01) will acquire Cavium Networks (CAVM 81.02, +5.21) for approximately $6 billion, or $80.00 per share, in cash and stock. CAVM shares are up 6.9%, while MRVL shares trade flat.

The top-weighted technology sector, which houses chipmakers, is higher by 0.4%.

Elsewhere within the tech space, Dow component IBM (IBM 151.68, +2.71) is up 1.8% following a positive mention in this weekend's Barron's magazine. The upbeat performance has helped the price-weighted industrial average trade ahead of its peers.

Dow: +84.59… | Nasdaq: +5.77… | S&P: +3.65…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1657/1142. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1667/1197.

11:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Wall Street has had a quiet start to the abbreviated Thanksgiving week. The major stock indices continue to drift just a tick above their unchanged marks.

More than half of the 11 sectors are trading in the green this morning, but gains have been limited thus far. The telecom services space (+0.6%) is the top performer, with Verizon (VZ 45.86, +0.44) adding 1.0% after Wells Fargo upgraded VZ shares to 'Outperform' from 'Market Perform,' while the other advancing sectors hold gains of no more than 0.4%.

On the downside, the energy and health care sectors are the weakest performers, showing losses of 0.4% and 0.5%, respectively. Within the health care group, Dow component Merck (MRK 53.74, -1.45) is down 2.6% after Switzerland-based rival Roche announced positive clinical trial results for its cancer immunotherapy treatment called Tecentriq.

Dow: +86.03… | Nasdaq: +6.90… | S&P: +3.18…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1670/1130. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1620/1205.

10:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day lower:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down 0.89% at 85.9948
Dollar index is currently up 0.33% at 93.97
Dec WTI crude is down 1.09% on the day.
Futures are $0.62 lower to $56.09/barrel.
In other energy, Dec natural gas is down $0.04 at $3.06/MMBtu
Metals:
Dec gold lost $10.7 and trades at $1285.8/oz, while Dec silver lost $0.37 to $17/oz
Dec copper gained 0.01 to $3.08/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn is up $0.01 at $3.44/bu.
Dec soy is down $0.06 at $9.85/bu.
Dec wheat is down $0.05 at $4.22/bu.

Dow: +71.33… | Nasdaq: +4.06… | S&P: +1.99…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1545/1256. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1492/1293.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue to drift a tick above their unchanged marks.

Just in, the Conference Board Leading Economic Index increased 1.2% in October (Briefing.com +0.8%). The prior month's reading was revised to +0.1% from -0.2%.

Dow: +42.24… | Nasdaq: +4.91… | S&P: +0.51…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1412/1315. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1266/1409.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major stock indices are trading a tick above their flat lines in the opening minutes of today's session.

More than half of the 11 sectors are trading in the green, with the telecom services group (+0.5%) leading the charge. On the flip side, the energy sector (-0.3%) is the weakest space amid a decrease in the price of crude oil; WTI crude futures are down 0.9% at $56.20 per barrel.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are slightly lower, sending yields higher across the curve; both the 2-yr yield and the 10-yr yield are higher by one basis point, hovering at 1.73% and 2.36%, respectively.

Dow: +33.00… | Nasdaq: +9.18… | S&P: +1.73…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1485/1167. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1420/1164.

09:15AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +4.40.

Equity futures have been climbing steadily this morning and now point to a slightly higher start for the U.S. equity market. The S&P 500 futures trade one point above fair value.

The biggest headline this morning comes from Germany, where talks to form a coalition government have failed. Chancellor Angela Merkel may now attempt to govern with a minority government or the country may hold a new election altogether. Stocks have held up relatively well, however, with Germany's DAX sporting a gain of 0.4%.

U.S. corporate news has been light this morning. Wal-Mart (WMT 96.38, -1.09) is down 1.1% in pre-market trade after Goldman Sachs downgraded the company to 'Neutral' from 'Buy' following last week's impressive earnings report--which sent WMT shares to a new all-time high.

Meanwhile, U.S. Treasuries are slightly lower, giving back early gains; the benchmark 10-yr yield is up one basis point at 2.36%. WTI crude futures are down 0.8% at $56.29 per barrel, the U.S. Dollar Index is up 0.1% at 93.72, and the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 11.39, -0.04) is lower by 0.4%.

08:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +0.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +3.50.

The S&P 500 futures trade one point above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region began the week on a mixed note. Japan's Nikkei (-0.6%) was among the weakest of the majors, while slim gains were seen from Mainland China and Hong Kong. The Shanghai Composite managed to bounce off early morning lows after the PBOC injected the most cash into the system since January to help shore up bond prices. Japanese shares could not shake off weaker than expected trade data, which saw both Exports and Imports come in below expectations.

In economic data:
Japan Oct Trade Balance: (in JPY): 285.4 bln vs 330.0 bln exp
Exports +14.0% vs +15.7%e
Imports +18.9% vs +20.2%e
Japan Oct Convenience Store Sales -1.8% vs 0.0% in Oct 2016
New Zealand Oct Perf of Services Index 55.6 vs 55.9 in Sep

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei lost 0.6% and closed near the lows of the session. The Oct Trade Data was the key event of the evening, with the miss in Exports likely being the biggest concern. As such, major export and tech names were among the weakest groups. Also, Financials had a rough outing with the likes of Mizuho and Nomura outpacing declines with losses of 1% each.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng gained 0.2% on Monday. Energy names were among the worst performing sector with names like Sinopec and CNOOC trading lower in the neighborhood of 0.5-0.7%. Gaming stocks were among the best performing groups with Galaxy Entertainment and Sands China posting gains of 4% and 3% respectively.
China's Shanghai Composite gained 0.3% and closed at the highs of the day. As mentioned, Banks were the pacesetters on the Mainland, with Agricultural Bank of Chinaand Inusstrial and Comm Bank of China gaining 0.5-0.1%.
India's Sensex gained 0.1%, and traded in a very narrow range throughout the session. Tech stocks such was Tech Mahindra (-1.4%) and Infosys (-1.0%) were among the notable losers, which offset gains Yes Bank (+2.2%) and Coal India (+2.0%) leading to the little changed day.

Major European indices are sporting modest gains in spite of the news that talks in Germany to form a coalition government have failed. That failure, which the Free Democrats (FDP) attributed to "irreconcilable differences," raises the specter of Chancellor Merkel trying to govern with a minority government or Germany calling for a new election altogether. The political uncertainty has weighed some on the euro, which is down 0.1% against the dollar, but overall, investor angst has been held in check thus far. Separately, there are reports that UK Prime Minister May will press for cabinet support to increase the UK budget offer as part of the ongoing effort to facilitate Brexit negotiations.

In economic data:
German producer prices were up 2.7% year-over-year in October, as expected, down from the 3.1% reading seen in September.

---Equity Markets---

Germany's DAX is up 0.2% with increases in Volkswagen (+4.4%), RWE AG ST (+2.7%), Prosiebensat (+2.9%), and Commerzbank (+2.2%) helping to offset losses registered by the likes of Heidelbergcement (-0.9%), Deutsche Boerse (-1.1%), Siemens (-1.0%), and Henkel VZO (-0.5%).
France's CAC has added 0.2%. Gains have been led by Renault (+1.7%), Kering (+1.3%), and Saint Gobain (+1.3%). There isn't a single stock down more than 1.0%. AXA (-0.8%) and Credit Agricole (-0.4%) are pacing the losers.
UK's FTSE is up 0.1%. Barclays (+2.2%), Sky PLC (+1.3%), BAE Systems (+1.3%), and Unilever (+1.2%) top the list of winners. Shire (-3.2%), 3I Group (-2.1%), Sainsbury (-1.1%), and ITV (-1.1%) are the only components down more than 1.0%.

08:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -1.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +0.10.

The S&P 500 futures trade two points, or 0.1%, below fair value.

Stocks are slightly higher for the month of November, evidenced by the S&P 500, which holds a month-to-date gain of 0.1%. The consumer staples and real estate sectors have been the top performers this month, adding 3.2% and 3.1%, respectively, followed from a distance by the consumer discretionary group (+1.7% MTD).

On the flip side, the telecom services sector has been the weakest of the 11 groups this month, moving lower by 2.1%. The financials and industrials sectors have also shown notable weakness this month, losing 1.8% apiece.

08:01AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.90. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -4.00.

Stocks are on course to begin the abbreviated holiday week on a slightly lower note as the S&P 500 futures currently trade three points, or 0.1%, below fair value. The major U.S. stock indices are coming off a mixed week, during which the S&P 500 and the Dow lost 0.1% and 0.3%, respectively, while the Nasdaq climbed 0.5%.

Elsewhere, equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region finished Monday on a mixed note, with Japan's Nikkei (-0.6%) showing relative weakness. The major European bourses are trading a tick higher, even though talks to form Germany's next coalition government fell apart overnight. Germany's DAX is up 0.2%.

The third quarter earnings season is nearly wrapped up with nearly 95.0% of S&P 500 companies having already reported their quarterly results.

However, there are still a number of notable companies due to report earnings this week, including Urban Outfitters (URBN) this evening, Lowe's (LOW), Dollar Tree (DLTR), HP (HPQ), Salesforce (CRM), and GameStop (GME) on Tuesday, and Deere (DE) on Wednesday.

On the data front, today's lone economic report--October Leading Indicators (Briefing.com consensus 0.8%)--will be released at 10:00 ET.

As for the rest of the week, Existing Home Sales for October will be released on Tuesday, followed by weekly Initial Claims, October Durable Goods Orders, the final reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for November, and the minutes from the latest FOMC meeting--all of which will be released on Wednesday.

U.S. Treasuries are trading slightly higher this morning, sending yields lower across the curve; the benchmark 10-yr yield is down one basis point at 2.34%.

Also of note, West Texas Intermediate crude futures are down 0.7% at $56.31 per barrel and the U.S. Dollar Index is up 0.1% at 93.66.

In U.S. corporate news:

Wal-Mart (WMT 96.44, -1.03): -1.1% after shares were downgraded to 'Neutral' from 'Buy' at Goldman.
Verizon (VZ 45.90, +0.48): +1.1% after shares were upgraded to 'Outperform' from 'Market Perform' at Wells Fargo.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region began the week on a mixed note. Japan's Nikkei -0.6%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.2%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.3%, India's Sensex +0.1%.
In economic data:
Japan Oct Trade Balance: (in JPY): 285.4 bln vs 330.0 bln exp
Exports +14.0% vs +15.7%e
Imports +18.9% vs +20.2%e
Japan Oct Convenience Store Sales -1.8% vs 0.0% in Oct 2016
New Zealand Oct Perf of Services Index 55.6 vs 55.9 in Sep
In news:
China's Shanghai Composite managed to bounce off early morning lows after the PBOC injected the most cash into the system since January to help shore up the bond assets.
Japanese shares could not shake off weaker than trade data, which saw both Exports and Imports come in below expectations.

Major European indices are sporting modest gains in spite of the news that talks in Germany to form a coalition government have failed. Germany's DAX +0.2%, France's CAC +0.3%, UK's FTSE +0.2%.
In economic data:
German producer prices were up 2.7% year-over-year in October, as expected, down from the 3.1% reading seen in September.
In news:
The failure of government coalition talks in Germany, which the Free Democrats (FDP) attributed to "irreconcilable differences," raises the specter of Chancellor Merkel trying to govern with a minority government or Germany calling for a new election altogether. The political uncertainty has weighed some on the euro, which is down 0.1% against the dollar, but overall, investor angst has been held in check thus far.
Separately, there are reports that UK Prime Minister May will press for cabinet support to increase the UK budget offer as part of the ongoing effort to facilitate Brexit negotiations.

06:35AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: flat. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -6.50.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...22,261.76...-135.00...-0.60%

Hang Seng...29,260.31...+61.30...+0.20%

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7,384.66...+4.00...+0.10%

DAX...13,027.70...+34.40...+0.30%

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks ended a rather uneventful Friday session modestly lower as investors turned their attention to the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday week.

The Dow lost 0.4%, while the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq dropped 0.3% and 0.2%, respectively. Small caps outperformed, sending the Russell 2000 higher by 0.4%.

Most of the S&P 500's 11 sectors finished Friday in negative territory, but losses were pretty modest overall. The top-weighted technology sector (-0.7%) showed relative weakness, as did the utilities (-0.7%) and real estate (-0.6%) groups, while the other laggards finished with losses of no more than 0.5%.

On the flip side, the energy sector advanced 0.4% to register its only win of the week. Energy shares climbed in tandem with the price of crude oil, which managed to retrace just about all of its weekly decline; West Texas Intermediate crude futures jumped 2.5% to $56.71 per barrel, ending the week with a slim loss of 0.1%.

Retail shares also advanced on Friday, thanks to an overwhelmingly positive batch of quarterly earnings.

Foot Locker (FL 40.82, +8.97), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF 15.55, +3.00), and Shoe Carnival (SCVL 26.75, +6.12) were the top performers, adding between 23.9% and 29.7%, after all three companies reported better-than-expected profits for the third quarter. Abercrombie & Fitch and Shoe Carnival also provided upbeat sales guidance.

Similarly, Ross Stores (ROST 72.25, +6.56) and Gap (GPS 29.40, +1.92) added 10.0% and 7.0%, respectively, following upbeat results.

In other corporate news, 21st Century Fox (FOXA 31.15, +1.83) climbed 6.2% following reports that Comcast (CMCSA 36.16, -0.91) is interested in acquiring a substantial piece of the company and Tesla (TSLA 315.05, +2.55) added 0.8% after unveiling its new semi truck and next-generation Roadster.

U.S. Treasuries ended on a mixed note, pushing the 2yr-10yr spread lower by three basis points to 63 bps. The yield on the 2-yr Treasury note climbed two basis points to 1.72%, while the benchmark 10-yr yield slipped one basis point to 2.35%.

Elsewhere, equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region finished Friday mostly higher, with Japan's Nikkei and Hong Kong's Hang Seng adding 0.2% and 0.6%, respectively. Meanwhile, European bourses were weak on Friday, sending the Euro Stoxx 50 lower by 0.5%.

Reviewing Friday's economic data, which was limited to October Housing Starts and Building Permits:

Housing starts increased to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 1.290 million units in October (Briefing.com consensus 1.198 million), up from a revised 1.135 million units in September (from 1.127 million). Building permits increased to a seasonally adjusted 1.297 million in October (Briefing.com consensus 1.243 million) from a revised 1.225 million in September (from 1.215 million).
The key takeaway from the report is that it will be a positive input for fourth quarter GDP forecasts as the number of units under construction --1.096 million -- was slightly ahead of the third quarter average of 1.077 million.

On Monday, investors will receive just one economic report--October Leading Indicators--which will be released at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +26.0% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +18.2% YTD
S&P 500 +15.2% YTD
Russell 2000 +10.0% YTD

Week In Review: Lots of Noise, Little Movement

The U.S. equity market ended a busy week little changed, with the benchmark S&P 500 losing just 0.1%. Meanwhile, the Dow dropped 0.3% this week, while the Nasdaq and small-cap Russell 2000 outperformed, finishing with gains of 0.5% and 1.2%, respectively.

Investors continued to keep an eye on Capitol Hill, where Republican lawmakers are trying to implement the biggest tax overhaul in more than 30 years. The House passed its version of a tax reform bill on Thursday, while the Senate continued to make changes to its version, which now includes a provision to repeal the Affordable Care Act's individual mandate.

Retailers dominated this week's batch of earnings--one of the final batches of the third quarter earnings season.

Shares of Wal-Mart (WMT) jumped 10.9% to a new all-time high on Thursday after the world's largest retailer reported better-than-expected earnings and revenues for the third quarter and issued upbeat profit guidance for fiscal year 2018. Conversely, shares of Target (TGT) tumbled 9.9% on Wednesday after the company issued a disappointing earnings forecast for the holiday season.

Ross Stores (ROST), Gap (GPS), Advance Auto (AAP), Foot Locker (FL), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF), Buckle (BKE), Shoe Carnival (SCVL), and Hibbett Sports (HIBB) all soared after beating quarterly profit estimates. Most also beat sales estimates, and many provided upbeat guidance.

Unsurprisingly, the S&P 500's consumer discretionary (+1.3%) and consumer staples (+1.0%) sectors, which house retailers, finished near the top of the week's sector standings. The telecom services (+0.8%) group also outperformed, trimming its November loss to 2.1%.

On the flip side, the energy sector (-3.4%) struggled, giving back the prior week's advance and then some. The price of crude oil decreased at the beginning of the week--which didn't bode well for the energy group--but the commodity bounced back on Friday to end the week little changed; West Texas Intermediate crude futures slipped 0.1% to $56.71 per barrel.

Industrial shares also underperformed after General Electric (GE) cut its dividend by half and dialed back its profit forecast for 2018. GE shares ended the week lower by 11.1%, extending their year-to-date decline to 42.4%. The S&P 500's industrial sector lost 1.1% for the week.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries moved in a curve-flattening trade, sending the 2yr-10yr spread to its lowest level since 2007. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note dropped five basis points to 2.35%, while the 2-yr yield climbed six basis points to 1.72%.

Following this week's events, investors still strongly believe that the Fed will raise rates next month, with the CME FedWatch Tool placing the chances of a December rate hike at 100.0%.

Dow: -100.12… | Nasdaq: -10.50… | S&P: -6.79…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1721/1053. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1902/1031.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you and your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com