TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: November 17th Friday Trade Results - Profits $862.50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
111717-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+862.50.png
111717-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+862.50.png [ 95.69 KiB | Viewed 217 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $862.50 dollars or +17.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $862.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=173&t=2697

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Quote:
2017 has been the most difficult trading year since I've begun trading +25 years ago because successful trading involves more than just trade methods than any other trading year. This is a key concept many traders have difficulties in understanding. Some blame it on algorithms while I blame it on the inability to adapt, failure to backtest, failure to document trades (real-money or simulator) and underestimating how our environment influences our cognitive decision making while trading...all while trading in low volatility market conditions that statistically have the reputation for difficult trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=333&t=3556 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
111717-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
111717-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.02 MiB | Viewed 230 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: -100.12… | Nasdaq: -10.50… | S&P: -6.79…
NASDAQ Vol: 2.0 bln… Adv: 1721… Dec: 1053…
NYSE Vol: 875.0 mln… Adv: 1902… Dec: 1031…

Moving the Market

Resistance as stocks hover just below all-time highs

Long-term growth concerns persist as yield curve continues to flatten

Retailers solidly higher following upbeat batch of earnings

Sector Watch
Strong: Consumer Discretionary, Energy, Materials, Telecom Services
Weak: Industrials, Technology, Utilities, Real Estate

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks ended a rather uneventful Friday session modestly lower as investors turned their attention to the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday week.

The Dow lost 0.4%, while the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq dropped 0.3% and 0.2%, respectively. Small caps outperformed, sending the Russell 2000 higher by 0.4%.

Most of the S&P 500's 11 sectors finished Friday in negative territory, but losses were pretty modest overall. The top-weighted technology sector (-0.7%) showed relative weakness, as did the utilities (-0.7%) and real estate (-0.6%) groups, while the other laggards finished with losses of no more than 0.5%.

On the flip side, the energy sector advanced 0.4% to register its only win of the week. Energy shares climbed in tandem with the price of crude oil, which managed to retrace just about all of its weekly decline; West Texas Intermediate crude futures jumped 2.5% to $56.71 per barrel, ending the week with a slim loss of 0.1%.

Retail shares also advanced on Friday, thanks to an overwhelmingly positive batch of quarterly earnings.

Foot Locker (FL 40.82, +8.97), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF 15.55, +3.00), and Shoe Carnival (SCVL 26.75, +6.12) were the top performers, adding between 23.9% and 29.7%, after all three companies reported better-than-expected profits for the third quarter. Abercrombie & Fitch and Shoe Carnival also provided upbeat sales guidance.

Similarly, Ross Stores (ROST 72.25, +6.56) and Gap (GPS 29.40, +1.92) added 10.0% and 7.0%, respectively, following upbeat results.

In other corporate news, 21st Century Fox (FOXA 31.15, +1.83) climbed 6.2% following reports that Comcast (CMCSA 36.16, -0.91) is interested in acquiring a substantial piece of the company and Tesla (TSLA 315.05, +2.55) added 0.8% after unveiling its new semi truck and next-generation Roadster.

U.S. Treasuries ended on a mixed note, pushing the 2yr-10yr spread lower by three basis points to 63 bps. The yield on the 2-yr Treasury note climbed two basis points to 1.72%, while the benchmark 10-yr yield slipped one basis point to 2.35%.

Elsewhere, equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region finished Friday mostly higher, with Japan's Nikkei and Hong Kong's Hang Seng adding 0.2% and 0.6%, respectively. Meanwhile, European bourses were weak on Friday, sending the Euro Stoxx 50 lower by 0.5%.

Reviewing Friday's economic data, which was limited to October Housing Starts and Building Permits:

Housing starts increased to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 1.290 million units in October (Briefing.com consensus 1.198 million), up from a revised 1.135 million units in September (from 1.127 million). Building permits increased to a seasonally adjusted 1.297 million in October (Briefing.com consensus 1.243 million) from a revised 1.225 million in September (from 1.215 million).
The key takeaway from the report is that it will be a positive input for fourth quarter GDP forecasts as the number of units under construction --1.096 million -- was slightly ahead of the third quarter average of 1.077 million.

On Monday, investors will receive just one economic report--October Leading Indicators--which will be released at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +26.0% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +18.2% YTD
S&P 500 +15.2% YTD
Russell 2000 +10.0% YTD

Week In Review: Lots of Noise, Little Movement

The U.S. equity market ended a busy week little changed, with the benchmark S&P 500 losing just 0.1%. Meanwhile, the Dow dropped 0.3% this week, while the Nasdaq and small-cap Russell 2000 outperformed, finishing with gains of 0.5% and 1.2%, respectively.

Investors continued to keep an eye on Capitol Hill, where Republican lawmakers are trying to implement the biggest tax overhaul in more than 30 years. The House passed its version of a tax reform bill on Thursday, while the Senate continued to make changes to its version, which will now includes a provision to repeal the Affordable Care Act's individual mandate.

Retailers dominated this week's batch of earnings--one of the final batches of the third quarter earnings season.

Shares of Wal-Mart (WMT) jumped 10.9% to a new all-time high on Thursday after the world's largest retailer reported better-than-expected earnings and revenues for the third quarter and issued upbeat profit guidance for fiscal year 2018. Conversely, shares of Target (TGT) tumbled 9.9% on Wednesday after the company issued a disappointing earnings forecast for the holiday season.

Ross Stores (ROST), Gap (GPS), Advance Auto (AAP), Foot Locker (FL), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF), Buckle (BKE), Shoe Carnival (SCVL), and Hibbett Sports (HIBB) all soared after beating quarterly profit estimates. Most also beat sales estimates, and many provided upbeat guidance.

Unsurprisingly, the S&P 500's consumer discretionary (+1.3%) and consumer staples (+1.0%) sectors, which house retailers, finished near the top of the week's sector standings. The telecom services (+0.8%) group also outperformed, trimming its November loss to 2.1%.

On the flip side, the energy sector (-3.4%) struggled, giving back the prior week's advance and then some. The price of crude oil decreased at the beginning of the week--which didn't bode well for the energy group--but the commodity bounced back on Friday to end the week little changed; West Texas Intermediate crude futures slipped 0.1% to $56.71 per barrel.

Industrial shares also underperformed after General Electric (GE) cut its dividend by half and dialed back its profit forecast for 2018. GE shares ended the week lower by 11.1%, extending their year-to-date decline to 42.4%. The S&P 500's industrial sector lost 1.1% for the week.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries moved in a curve-flattening trade, sending the 2yr-10yr spread to its lowest level since 2007. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note dropped five basis points to 2.35%, while the 2-yr yield climbed six basis points to 1.72%.

Following this week's events, investors still strongly believe that the Fed will raise rates next month, with the CME FedWatch Tool placing the chances of a December rate hike at 100.0%.

Dow: -100.12… | Nasdaq: -10.50… | S&P: -6.79…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1721/1053. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1902/1031.

03:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day higher :

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up 1.3% at 86.7657
Dollar index is currently down 0.32% at 93.63
Dec WTI Crude is up 2.46% on the day.
Baker Hughes total U.S. rig count increased by 8 to 915 following last week's increase of 9
Futures settle $1.36 higher to $56.71/barrel.
In other energy, Dec Natural Gas settled up $0.05 at $3.1/MMBtu
On the metals:
Dec Gold gained $18.10 to settle at $1296.30/oz, while Dec silver gained $0.27 to $17.34/oz
Dec Copper gained $0.02 to $3.07/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec Corn settled down $0.01 at $3.42/bu.
Dec Soy settled down $0.1575 at $9.7525/bu.
Dec Wheat settled down $0.02 at $4.25/bu.

Dow: -74.51… | Nasdaq: -10.56… | S&P: -5.86…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1697/1169. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1883/1036.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are modestly lower moving into the final stretch, holding losses between 0.1% and 0.4%.

Looking ahead, next week will probably be light in terms of trading volume due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

However, there are still several notable companies scheduled to report quarterly earnings, including Urban Outfitters (URBN 27.98, +1.53) on Monday, Lowe's (LOW 80.26, +0.79), Dollar Tree (DLTR 94.56, -0.07), HP (HPQ 21.77, +0.20), Salesforce (CRM 107.70, +0.67), and GameStop (GME 16.30, +0.12) on Tuesday, and Deere (DE 135.85, +1.24) on Wednesday.

As for economic data, investors will receive October Leading Indicators on Monday, October Existing Homes Sales on Tuesday, and weekly Initial Claims, October Durable Goods Orders, the final reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for November, and the minutes from the November FOMC meeting on Wednesday.

Dow: -86.99… | Nasdaq: -4.87… | S&P: -3.86…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1737/1140. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1885/1029.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have ticked lower in recent action, sending the Nasdaq (-0.1%) below its flat line.

Five sectors are on track to end the week with gains--consumer discretionary (+1.3% WTD), telecom services (+1.0% WTD), consumer staples (+0.9% WTD), financials (+0.5% WTD), and utilities (+0.4% WTD)--while three are on track to settle with losses--energy (-3.4% WTD), industrials (-0.9% WTD), and real estate (-0.9% WTD).

The materials (+0.2% WTD), health care (+0.1% WTD), and technology (-0.3% WTD) sectors are relatively flat for the week.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are still mixed in another curve-flattening trade. The yield on the 2-yr Treasury note is up four basis points at 1.74%, while the benchmark 10-yr yield is down one basis point at 2.35%. For the week, the 2yr-10yr spread has dropped 12 basis points to 61 basis points.

Dow: -92.80… | Nasdaq: -5.21… | S&P: -4.35…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1730/1141. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1858/1040.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Dow Jones Industrial Average is the weakest of the three major indices, showing a loss of 0.4%.

Within the Dow, Wal-Mart (WMT 97.12, -2.49) and Coca-Cola (KO 45.46, -1.09) are the weakest performers, showing losses of around 2.5% apiece. WMT shares finished at a new record high on Thursday after the world's largest retailer reported upbeat earnings and revenues for the third quarter. Meanwhile, KO shares have been retreating for three days in a row.

For the week, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower by 0.2%.

Dow: -89.01… | Nasdaq: -1.11… | S&P: -3.70…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1788/1084. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1890/995.

01:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue hovering near their recent levels with the S&P (-0.2%) trading little changed for the week thanks to a Thursday rebound that erased losses from the first half of the week.

While yesterday's bounce helped the benchmark index return to flat for the week, the bullish sentiment did not extend into the overnight session. Granted, Japan's Nikkei gapped up at the start, but the index spent the entire trading day in a retreat, which left the Nikkei up just 0.2% at the closing bell. The Nikkei deserves some attention going forward, considering the index was at the forefront of the rally in global equities between mid-September and early November.

The Nikkei ran into resistance last week while other markets were met with similar fate. Since November 8, the Nikkei has given up 2.3% while Germany's DAX and the S&P 500 have surrendered 2.9% and 0.5%, respectively.

Dow: -92.07… | Nasdaq: -0.02… | S&P: -4.34…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1819/1047. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1896/989.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks show slim losses at midday as investors try to find their footing following yesterday's unexpected rally.

The S&P 500 Index and the Dow Jones Industrial Average are down 0.1% and 0.4%, respectively, while the Nasdaq Composite trades at its unchanged mark. Meanwhile, small caps are outperforming once again, sending the Russell 2000 higher by 0.4%. For the week, the Russell 2000 is up 1.2%, while the S&P 500 is flat.

Around half of the S&P 500's 11 sectors are trading in negative territory, but losses have been largely contained. For instance, the top-weighted technology sector is among the weakest groups with a modest loss of 0.4%. The health care (-0.4%), consumer staples (-0.6%), and industrials (-0.3%) groups also underperform.

On the flip side, the energy space (+0.5%) trades near the top of today's sector standings, underpinned by a rebound in the price of crude oil; West Texas Intermediate crude futures are up 2.1% at $56.52 per barrel, reducing their week-to-date loss to 0.4%.

The energy sector is still solidly lower for the week, however, showing a loss of 3.3%.

Retailers are strong today following an upbeat batch of quarterly earnings. Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF 15.64, +3.09), Foot Locker (FL 39.80, +7.95), and Shoe Carnival (SCVL 26.63, +6.00) are the top performers, showing gains between 24.4% and 29.1%, followed by Ross Stores (ROST 71.54, +5.86), Gap (GPS 29.16, +1.68), and Hibbett Sports (HIBB 16.83, +1.97), which hold gains between 6.1% and 13.3%.

In other corporate news, 21st Century Fox (FOXA 30.42, +1.10) is up 3.8% following reports that Comcast (CMCSA 36.47, -0.60) and Verizon (VZ 45.39, +0.64) are interested in buying a substantial piece of the company--although Verizon's exploration is believed to be in the early stages.

Meanwhile, Tesla (TSLA 315.03, +2.53) is up 0.8% after the electric automaker unveiled its new semi truck and its next-generation Roadster--which the company claims is the "quickest car in the world." Wal-Mart (WMT 96.77, -2.83) plans to test the semi truck, according to CNBC.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are mixed this afternoon in another curve-flattening trade. The yield on the 2-yr Treasury note is up two basis points at 1.72%, while the benchmark 10-yr yield is down two basis points at 2.34%.

Elsewhere, equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Friday on a mostly higher note, while the major European bourses finished modestly lower.

Reviewing Friday's economic data, which was limited to October Housing Starts and Building Permits:

Housing starts increased to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 1.290 million units in October (Briefing.com consensus 1.198 million), up from a revised 1.135 million units in September (from 1.127 million). Building permits increased to a seasonally adjusted 1.297 million in October (Briefing.com consensus 1.243 million) from a revised 1.225 million in September (from 1.215 million).
The key takeaway from the report is that it will be a positive input for fourth quarter GDP forecasts as the number of units under construction --1.096 million -- was slightly ahead of the third quarter average of 1.077 million.

Dow: -87.44… | Nasdaq: +2.62… | S&P: -2.90…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1853/1005. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1946/926.

12:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Nasdaq has ticked higher in recent action, moving into positive territory. The tech-heavy index is up 0.1%.

Metals are rallying today, helped by relative weakness in the U.S. dollar; the U.S. Dollar Index is down 0.2% at 93.62. Gold is leading the advance, climbing 0.9% to $1290.19/ozt, while silver ($17.14/ozt) and copper ($3.06/lb) sport gains of 0.4% and 0.5%, respectively. The lightly-weighted materials sector has benefited from the metals' price increase, moving higher by 0.4%.

Elsewhere, European equities finished Friday broadly lower, evidenced by the Euro Stoxx 50, which lost 0.5%.

Dow: -83.40… | Nasdaq: +3.00… | S&P: -2.83…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1759/1105. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1868/965.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks are still trading near their opening levels; the S&P 500 is lower by 0.1%.

The energy sector (+0.5%) is trading near the top of today's sector standings as the price of crude oil rebounds from a recent decline; WTI crude futures are up 2.1% at $56.54 per barrel, trimming their week-to-date decline to 0.4%. The energy space is still solidly lower for the week, however, showing a loss of 3.3%.

Meanwhile, the iShares U.S. Home Construction ETF (ITB 40.83, +0.33) is up 0.8% as homebuilders rally following today's upbeat housing data, which showed that Housing Starts increased to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 1.290 million units in October (Briefing.com consensus 1.198 million).

Dow: -82.73… | Nasdaq: -2.15… | S&P: -3.66…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1622/1220. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1797/1022.

11:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages haven't changed since the last update.

Tesla (TSLA 316.60, +3.99) shares are up 1.6% this morning after the electric automaker unveiled on Thursday evening its new semi truck and its next-generation Roadster--which the company claims is the "quickest car in the world." The new Roadster can reportedly go from 0 to 60 miles per hour in just 1.9 seconds.

CNBC recently reported that Wal-Mart (WMT 97.60, -2.03) is planning to test Tesla's new electric semi truck, which has helped boost TSLA shares a bit.

However, the focus remains on the company's more affordable Model 3 sedan, which Tesla is struggling to mass produce. The Model 3 is seen by many as crucial to the company's long-term success.

TSLA shares have lost 12.0% over the last four weeks, but still remain higher by 48.0% for the year.

Dow: -87.29… | Nasdaq: -6.23… | S&P: -4.68…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1355/1470. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1661/1149.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks continue to drift modestly below yesterday's closing levels. The major stock indices hold losses between 0.1% and 0.3%.

Seven sectors are trading in the red this morning--financials (-0.2%), industrials (-0.3%), technology (-0.4%), health care (-0.4%), consumer staples (-0.4%), real estate (-0.4%), and utilities (-0.5%)--while four are trading in the green--materials (+0.2%), energy (+0.2%), consumer discretionary (+0.5%), and telecom services (+1.1%).

Shares of 21st Century Fox (FOXA 30.53, +1.20) are up 4.1% following reports that Comcast (CMCSA 36.56, -0.54) and Verizon (VZ 45.39, +0.64) are interested in buying a substantial piece of the company--although Verizon's exploration is believed to be in the early stages.

Dow: -71.67… | Nasdaq: -0.76… | S&P: -3.11…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1362/1428. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1609/1173.

10:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day higher:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently unchanged +0.7% at 86.2532
Dollar index is currently down 0.16% at 93.78
Dec WTI crude is up 1.72% on the day.
Futures are $0.95 higher to $56.30/barrel.
In other energy, Dec natural gas is up $0.03 at $3.08/MMBtu
Metals:
Dec gold gained $7.30 and trades at $1285.50/oz, while Dec silver gained $0.02 to $17.09/oz
Dec copper remains unchanged at $3.05/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn is up $0.02 at $3.39/bu.
Dec soy is up $0.06 at $9.7775/bu.
Dec wheat is up $0.05 at $4.27/bu.

Dow: -74.51… | Nasdaq: -7.84… | S&P: -4.23…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1278/1508. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1481/1267.

09:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue to hover a step below their flat lines, with the Dow (-0.3%) showing relative weakness.

Dow component Nike (NKE 59.28, +2.06) is up 3.5% this morning, helped by upbeat earnings reports from athletic apparel and footwear retailers Foot Locker (FL 40.43, +8.55) and Hibbett Sports (HIBB 17.55, +2.70). Foot Locker is up 27.3%, while Hibbett Sports is higher by 18.7%.

Meanwhile, Wal-Mart (WMT 98.23, -1.42) trades at the bottom of the Dow leaderboard, down 1.6%, following yesterday's post-earnings rally. The world's largest retailer surged 10.9% on Thursday after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues for the third quarter.

Dow: -67.43… | Nasdaq: -2.98… | S&P: -3.47…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1228/1493. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1380/1280.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are modestly lower in the opening minutes of today's session, with the S&P 500 showing a loss of 0.2%.

Most sectors are trading in the red, but losses have been largely contained. The industrial and consumer staples sectors are the weakest groups, showing losses of 0.4%. On a positive note, the consumer discretionary and energy sectors are outperforming with gains of around 0.2% apiece.

Shares of retailers are solidly higher, evidenced by the 2.4% increase in the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 41.61, +1.00), following upbeat earnings reports from Ross Stores (ROST 73.31, +7.59), Gap (GPS 29.02, +1.53), Foot Locker (FL 40.13, +8.20), Shoe Carnival (SCVL 25.24, +4.63), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF 15.29, +2.74), and Hibbett Sports (HIBB 17.55, +2.70).

The S&P 500 is hovering near its flat line for the week.

Dow: -75.52… | Nasdaq: -5.33… | S&P: -4.41…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1138/1516. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1232/1372.

09:14AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +2.10.

The stock market is on track for a slightly lower open this morning as the S&P 500 futures trade two points, or 0.1%, below fair value.

Retailers are rallying following a largely upbeat batch of earnings. Foot Locker (FL 40.15, +8.25), Shoe Carnival (SCVL 24.69, +4.06), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF 15.15, +2.60), and Hibbett Sports (HIBB 18.36, +3.51) show gains between 19.7% and 25.9% after all four companies reported better-than-expected quarterly earnings.

Meanwhile, Ross Stores (ROST 71.20, +5.51) and Gap (GPS 29.61, +2.13) are also solidly higher, adding 8.4% and 7.8%, respectively, after both companies reported better-than-expected earnings and revenues for the third quarter.

In other corporate news, 21st Century Fox (FOXA 31.41, +2.09) is up 7.1% following reports that Comcast (CMCSA 37.00, -0.07) may be interested in buying a substantial piece of the company. Last week, news broke that Walt Disney (DIS 103.50, -0.10) has been in similar talks with 21st Century Fox in recent weeks, but those talks have been dialed back as of late.

On the data front, Housing starts increased to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 1.290 million units in October (Briefing.com consensus 1.198 million), up from a revised 1.135 million units in September (from 1.127 million). Meanwhile, Building permits increased to a seasonally adjusted 1.297 million in October (Briefing.com consensus 1.243 million) from a revised 1.225 million in September (from 1.215 million).

U.S. Treasuries largely shrugged off the housing data and currently trade mixed. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is down one basis point at 2.35%, while the 2-yr yield is up two basis points at 1.72%. That leaves the 2yr-10yr spread at 63 basis points--its lowest level since 2007.

WTI crude futures have rebounded this morning, climbing 1.3% to $56.07 per barrel. The commodity's positive performance will likely translate into a good start for the S&P 500's energy sector, which is down 3.8% week to date.

Coming into Friday's session, the S&P 500, the Dow, and the Nasdaq hold respective week-to-date gains of 0.1%, 0.2%, and 0.6%.

08:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -1.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -0.40.

The S&P 500 futures trade two points, or 0.1%, below fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended the week on a mostly higher note. Japan's Nikkei (+0.2%) was among the advancers, but the slim gain masked a shaky performance from the index, which gapped up at the start, but closed near its session low. China's Ministry of Finance sold 50-yr bonds at an average yield of 4.37%, which was roughly ten basis points below expectations. Moody's raised India's sovereign rating to BAA2 from BAA3 and revised the outlook to 'Stable' from 'Positive.'

In economic data:
Australia's October New Motor Vehicle Sales 0.0% month-over-month (last -0.5%)
New Zealand's Q3 Input PPI +1.0% quarter-over-quarter (last 1.4%) and Output PPI +1.0% quarter-over-quarter (last 1.3%). October Business NZ PMI 57.2 (last 57.6)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei added 0.2% after being up 1.8% at the start of the session. The index lost 1.3% for the week. SUMCO, Nisshin Steel Holdings, Yaskawa Electric, Ebara, Olympus, Bridgestone, Kikkoman, Fast Retailing, and TOTO gained between 1.2% and 5.2%. On the downside, Dentsu, Kobe Steel, Japan Steel Works, Kirin Holdings, NEC, and Nikon posted losses between 0.9% and 2.5%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng gained 0.6%, rising 0.3% for the week. Financials were mixed with ICBC, China Construction Bank, and Ping An Insurance gaining between 1.2% and 2.3% while Bank of East Asia, BoC Hong Kong, Hang Seng Bank, and HSBC lost between 0.1% and 1.7%.
China's Shanghai Composite lost 0.5%, surrendering 1.5% for the week. Xiangtan Electric Manufacturing, Hebei Jinniu Chemical Industry, Chengdu Xuguang Electronics, Linhai, YUD Yangtze River Investment Industry, Jilin Sino-Microelectronics, and Shanxi Coal International Energy Group lost between 8.5% and 9.9%.
India's Sensex gained 0.7%, narrowing its weekly loss to 1.0%. Financials ended mostly higher with ICICI Bank, SBI, and HDFC Bank gaining between 1.0% and 1.9% while AXIS Bank shed 0.1%. Cipla, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, and Sun Pharma posted gains between 1.7% and 2.6%.

Major European indices trade near their flat lines with Italy's MIB (-0.5%) trailing its peers amid renewed concerns about the Italian banking sector after Banca Carige was unable to find enough willing underwriters for a EUR560 million share issue that was demanded by the European Central Bank. Italy's MIB is on track for its tenth loss in the past eleven days. Brexit minister David Davis said that Brexit negotiations are not a one-way street and that France and Germany are currently blocking the process. In Germany, the soft deadline to form a ruling coalition passed without an agreement in sight. Greens are scheduled to hold an internal vote on November 25 to decide whether the party should enter formal coalition talks.

In economic data:
Eurozone September Current Account surplus EUR37.80 billion (expected surplus of EUR30.20 billion; last surplus of EUR34.50 billion)

---Equity Markets---

Germany's DAX is up 0.1%. Deutsche Boerse, Munich Re, Allianz, Adidas, Bayer, Volkswagen, and Continental are up between 0.2% and 1.9%. Deutsche Bank is down 0.3%.
France's CAC is flat. Vivendi is up 4.7% after reporting earnings and ruling out a takeover bid for Ubisoft. Publicis Groupe, TechnipFMC, Michelin, and Accor are up between 0.2% and 1.8%.
UK's FTSE is also flat. Consumer names like SKY, Kingfisher, British American Tobacco, TUI, Burberry, and Persimmon hold gains between 0.5% and 3.2%. Select financials like Old Mutual, Standard Life, Provident Financial, and Prudential are up between 0.7% and 1.5%.
Italy's MIB is lower by 0.5%. Telecom Italia, Bper Banca, Banca Mediolanum, Intesa Sanpaolo, UBI Banca, Mediobanca, and UniCredit show losses between 0.6% and 1.9%.

08:35AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -1.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -1.40.

The S&P 500 futures trade one point below fair value.

Just in, Housing starts increased to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 1.290 million units in October (Briefing.com consensus 1.198 million), up from a revised 1.135 million units in September (from 1.127 million). Building permits increased to a seasonally adjusted 1.297 million in October (Briefing.com consensus 1.243 million) from a revised 1.225 million in September (from 1.215 million).

08:06AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -1.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +2.60.

Equity futures are pointing to a flat open for the U.S. stock market, which is coming off its best performance of the month. The S&P 500 and Dow futures are trading 0.1% below fair value, while the Nasdaq futures (+0.1%) show relative strength. Coming into Friday's session, the S&P 500, the Dow, and the Nasdaq hold respective week-to-date gains of 0.1%, 0.2%, and 0.6%.

Elsewhere, indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Friday mostly higher, with Hong Kong's Hang Seng (+0.6%) being among the top performers, while the Euro Stoxx 50 holds a slim gain of 0.1%.

The House passed its version of a tax reform bill on Thursday, shifting the focus to the Senate, which continues to hammer out the details of its version. Tax reform developments have been playing in the background for some time now and will continue to do so until the GOP either accomplishes, or concedes, its overhaul effort.

U.S. Treasuries are mostly flat this morning, but shorter-dated issues show relative weakness, further flattening the yield curve. The yield on the 2-yr Treasury note is up two basis points at 1.72%, while the benchmark 10-yr yield is unchanged at 2.36%. The 2yr-10yr spread is at its lowest level since 2007.

Meanwhile, West Texas Intermediate crude futures are up 1.6% at $56.03 per barrel, bouncing back from recent weakness. The positive performance will likely provide some support to the S&P 500's energy sector, which has lost 3.8% week to date--largely due to the commodity's underperformance.

On the data front, today's lone economic report--October Housing Starts (Briefing.com consensus 1198K)--will be released at 8:30 ET.

In U.S. corporate news:

21st Century Fox (FOXA 31.47, +2.15): +7.3% following reports that Comcast (CMCSA 37.00, -0.07) may be interested in the company.
Gap (GPS 29.25, +1.77): +6.4% after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues and issuing upbeat guidance for 2018.
Ross Stores (ROST 71.01, +5.32): +8.1% after beating earnings and revenue estimates.
Shoe Carnival (SCVL 24.99, +4.36): +21.1% after beating profit estimates and issuing above-consensus revenue guidance for 2018.
Foot Locker (FL 39.10, +7.25): +22.8% after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended the week on a mostly higher note. Japan's Nikkei +0.2%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.6%, China's Shanghai Composite -0.5%, India's Sensex +0.7%.
In economic data:
Australia's October New Motor Vehicle Sales 0.0% month-over-month (last -0.5%)
New Zealand's Q3 Input PPI +1.0% quarter-over-quarter (last 1.4%) and Output PPI +1.0% quarter-over-quarter (last 1.3%). October Business NZ PMI 57.2 (last 57.6)
In news:
China's Ministry of Finance sold 50-yr bonds at an average yield of 4.37%, which was roughly ten basis points below expectations.
Moody's raised India's sovereign rating to BAA2 from BAA3 and revised the outlook to 'Stable' from 'Positive.'

Major European indices trade near their flat lines with Italy's MIB (-0.2%) trailing its peers amid renewed concerns about the Italian banking sector. Germany's DAX +0.3%, France's CAC +0.2%, UK's FTSE +0.2%.
In economic data:
Eurozone September Current Account surplus EUR37.80 billion (expected surplus of EUR30.20 billion; last surplus of EUR34.50 billion)
In news:
In Italy, Banca Carige was unable to find enough willing underwriters for a EUR560 million share issue that was demanded by the European Central Bank. Italy's MIB is on track for its tenth loss in the past eleven days.
Brexit minister David Davis said that Brexit negotiations are not a one-way street and that France and Germany are currently blocking the process.
In Germany, the soft deadline to form a ruling coalition passed without an agreement in sight. Greens are scheduled to hold an internal vote on November 25 to decide whether the party should enter formal coalition talks.

05:58AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -3.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +0.50.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...22397...+45.70...+0.20%

Hang Seng...29199...+180.30...+0.60%

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7364.50...-22.40...-0.30%

DAX...13027.30...-19.90...-0.20%

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks bounced back from recent weakness on Thursday, sending the tech-heavy Nasdaq (+1.3%) to a new all-time high.

Upbeat earnings reports from Dow components Wal-Mart (WMT 99.62, +9.79) and Cisco Systems (CSCO 35.88, +1.77) helped fuel the upbeat sentiment even before the opening bell, as did strength in overseas markets; Japan's Nikkei (+1.5%) led the charge in Asia, while France's CAC (+0.7%) and Germany's DAX (+0.6%) set the pace in Europe.

The U.S. House of Representatives passed its version of a tax reform bill in a party-line vote, as expected, which allowed the equity market to keep its bullish disposition into the closing bell. The focus will now shift to the Senate, which continues to debate its version of a tax overhaul.

As for the other major stock indices, the S&P 500 and the Dow added 0.8% apiece, while the small-cap Russell 2000 rallied 1.6%.

The technology (+1.3%) and consumer staples (+1.6%) sectors were among the strongest groups on Thursday, underpinned by Cisco and Wal-Mart, respectively. Wal-Mart shares jumped 10.9% to a new record high after the world's largest retailer reported better-than-expected earnings and revenues for the third quarter and issued upbeat profit guidance for fiscal year 2018.

Meanwhile, shares of Cisco Systems jumped 5.2%, hitting their best level in over 16 years, after the tech giant reported above-consensus earnings and issued upbeat guidance for the upcoming quarter.

The lightly-weighted telecom services (+1.8%) and materials (+1.3%) groups also had solid showings, trimming their monthly losses. However, the heavily-weighted financial group (+0.1%) struggled to keep pace with the broader market, with insurers like Travelers (TRV 130.81, -2.90) showing particular weakness; TRV shares lost 2.2%.

West Texas Intermediate crude futures slipped 0.4% to $55.11/bbl, which weighed on the energy group (-0.6%). For the week, energy shares within the S&P 500 have lost 3.8%, while WTI crude futures have dropped 2.9%. Investors remain optimistic that major oil producers will extend their supply-cut deal later this month.

Treasury yields rose as investors sold U.S. sovereign debt, sending the 2yr-10yr spread higher by one basis point to 66 basis points. The benchmark 10-yr yield jumped three basis points to 2.36%, while the 2-yr yield climbed two basis points to 1.70%. The U.S. Dollar Index ticked up 0.1% to 93.83.

Reviewing Thursday's economic data, which included October Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization, the weekly Initial Claims Report, the November Philadelphia Index, and October Import/Export Prices:

Industrial Production increased 0.9% in October (Briefing.com consensus +0.5%), while the September reading was revised to +0.4% (from +0.3%). Capacity Utilization rose to 77.0% (Briefing.com consensus 76.3%) from a revised reading of 76.4% in September (from 76.0%).
The key takeaway from the report is that industrial production is back on a growth track following the hurricanes. According to the Federal Reserve, industrial production increased 0.3% in October excluding the effects of the hurricanes.
The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 249,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 234,000. Today's tally was above the unrevised prior week count of 239,000. As for continuing claims, they declined to 1.860 million from a revised count of 1.904 million (from 1.901 million).
The key takeaway from the report is that there is nothing out of the ordinary with the initial claims jump, which reflects normal volatility and marks the 141st straight week initial claims have been below 300,000.
The Philadelphia Fed Survey for November declined to 22.7 from an unrevised 27.9 in October while economists polled by Briefing.com had expected a reading of 24.6.
The key takeaway from the report is that manufacturing firms in the region expect growth to continue, evidenced by the diffusion index for future general activity rising from 46.4 in October to 50.1 in November.
Import prices excluding oil rose 0.2% in October after increasing 0.3% in September. Export prices excluding agriculture decreased 0.3% in October after rising a revised 0.9% in September (from 1.0%).
The key takeaway from the report is that the 1.4% year-over-year increase in nonfuel import prices is the largest year-over-year increase since the year ended March 2012. Nonagricultural export prices are up 2.5% year-over-year, down from the 3.0% increase for the 12 months ending September.

On Friday, investors will receive just one economic report--October Housing Starts (Briefing.com consensus 1198K)--which will be released at 8:30 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +26.2% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +18.7% YTD
S&P 500 +15.5% YTD
Russell 2000 +9.6% YTD

Dow: +187.08… | Nasdaq: +87.08… | S&P: +21.02…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1936/711. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2219/743.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links and data will be useful for you. gm

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you and your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader. Also, you can read our full disclaimer statement @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/Disclaimer.htm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com