TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: November 9th Thursday Trade Results - Profits $2787.50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:44 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
110917-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+2787.50.png
110917-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+2787.50.png [ 95.5 KiB | Viewed 234 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $2787.50 dollars or +55.75 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $2787.50 dollars

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. TheStrategyLab.com is an education and research site. The resources on this site are provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional educational and professional research because we are retail traders only. TheStrategyLab.com does not accept liability for your use of the website and its resources.

We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you and your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader.

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=173&t=2691

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Quote:
2017 has been the most difficult trading year since I've begun trading +25 years ago because successful trading involves more than just trade methods than any other trading year. This is a key concept many traders have difficulties in understanding. Some blame it on algorithms while I blame it on the inability to adapt, failure to backtest, failure to document trades (real-money or simulator) and underestimating how our environment influences our cognitive decision making while trading...all while trading in low volatility market conditions that statistically have the reputation for difficult trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=333&t=3556 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
110917-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
110917-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.04 MiB | Viewed 240 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: -101.42… | Nasdaq: -39.07… | S&P: -9.78…
NASDAQ Vol: ---… Adv: 1044… Dec: 1444…
NYSE Vol: 886.3 mln… Adv: 1097… Dec: 1817…

Moving the Market

Investors take some money off the table following a two-month rally to record highs

Senate tax bill calls for one year delay in cutting the corporate rate to 20% from 35%

Top-weighted technology sector shows particular weakness; chipmakers underperform

Financials lower for the fifth session in a row

Sector Watch
Strong: Consumer Discretionary, Energy, Health Care, Consumer Staples, Utilities, Telecom Services, Real Estate
Weak: Industrials, Materials, Technology

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] U.S. equities retreated from record highs on Thursday as investors took some profits following a largely uninterrupted two-month rally. The major indices finished near the top of their trading ranges, with the S&P 500 and the Dow losing 0.4% apiece. The tech-heavy Nasdaq (-0.6%) underperformed as technology shares faced particularly heavy selling.

The Senate released its version of a tax reform bill, which called for delaying a cut in the corporate tax rate by one year and differed from the version that the House unveiled last week in several other key areas--including property tax, mortgage interest, and medical expense deductions. The two chambers will have to hammer out those differences in order to put the bill on the president's desk for approval, and doubts surrounding Congress' ability to do just that were cited by some as the main catalyst for Thursday's sell off.

More likely, however, the Senate's unveiling provided a convenient excuse for investors to take some money off the table following yet another record high run for the major U.S. indices. All three major averages finished the prior session at fresh all-time highs and have added between 5.0% and 7.6% since September 8.

Technology shares within the S&P 500 were particularly weak on Thursday, losing 0.9%. Chipmakers paced the tech retreat, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index lower by 2.0%, with names like Broadcom (AVGO 265.64, -6.76) and Advanced Micro (AMD 11.12, -0.59) losing 2.5% and 5.0%, respectively.

The industrial sector (-1.3%) did even worse, settling at the bottom of the sector standings, while a handful of groups managed to move modestly higher--including consumer discretionary (+0.2%), energy (+0.3%), utilities (+0.1%), and telecom services (+0.3%).

Shares of 21st Century Fox (FOXA 28.70, +0.61) jumped 2.2% after the media giant reported better-than-expected earnings and sales for its fiscal first quarter. Peers like Walt Disney (DIS 102.68, +1.50), CBS (CBS 58.08, +0.83), and Viacom (VIAB 24.78, +0.48) moved higher in sympathy, adding between 1.5% and 2.0%.

Retailers outperformed as well, evidenced by the 1.6% increase in the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 39.71, +0.64). Macy's (M 19.50, +1.93) led the retail advance, surging 11.0% after reporting above-consensus earnings for its fiscal third quarter and reaffirming its guidance for 2018.

In other corporate news, CNBC reported that the Department of Justice has not set a requirement for Time Warner (TWX 87.05, -1.45) to sell CNN in order to be acquired by AT&T (T 34.00, +0.56), as was reported on Wednesday. Time Warner shares slipped 1.6%, while AT&T shares climbed 1.7%.

U.S. Treasuries ended on a mixed note, with shorter-dated issues showing relative strength while longer-dated issues exhibited relative weakness. The benchmark 10-yr Treasury note finished flat, however, with its yield settling unchanged at 2.33%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index dropped 0.4% to 94.42, and WTI crude futures climbed 0.6% to $57.14/bbl.

Elsewhere, Japan's Nikkei had an unnerving bout of volatility on Thursday before ending little changed (-0.2%), while the Euro Stoxx 50 tumbled 1.0%.

Reviewing Thursday's economic data, which was limited to the weekly Initial Claims Report and September Wholesale Inventories:

The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 239,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 231,000. Today's tally was above the unrevised prior week count of 229,000. As for continuing claims, they rose to 1.901 million from the unrevised count of 1.884 million.
The key takeaway is that initial claims, which remained below 300,000 for the 140th straight week, are low and indicative of a tight labor market.
September Wholesale Inventories increased 0.3% (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%). The prior month's reading was revised to +0.8% from +0.9%.
The key takeaway from the report is that the sales increase outpaced the inventory increase by a sizable margin, which is a step in the right direction for wholesalers trying to regain some pricing power.

On Friday, investors will receive two economic reports--the preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index for November (Briefing.com consensus 100.5) and the October Treasury Budget. The two reports will be released at 10:00 ET and 14:00 ET, respectively.

Nasdaq Composite +25.4% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +18.7% YTD
S&P 500 +15.5% YTD
Russell 2000 +8.7% YTD

Dow: -101.42… | Nasdaq: -39.07… | S&P: -9.78…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1044/1444. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1097/1817.

03:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day lower:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down 0.21% at 87.4571
Dollar index is currently down 0.42% at 94.47
Oct WTI Crude is up 0.58% on the day.
Futures settle $0.33 higher to $57.14/barrel.
In other energy, Dec Natural Gas settled up $0.02 at $3.2/MMBtu
On the metals:
Dec Gold gained $3.9 to settle at $1287.6/oz, while Dec silver lost $0.15 to $16.99/oz
Dec Copper dropped $0.02 to $3.08/lb
Finally, agriculture:
The USDA's WASDE reports was released today
Dec Corn settled unchanged at $3.42/bu.
Dec Soy settled up $0.0125 at $9.8625/bu.
Dec Wheat settled up $0.01 at $4.3/bu.

Dow: -106.5… | Nasdaq: -43.11… | S&P: -10.51…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1104/1496. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1043/1888.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices show losses between 0.6% and 0.8% moving into the final hour of trading.

Eight sectors are on track to end today's session in the red--utilities (-0.1%), real estate (-0.1%), consumer staples (-0.1%), health care (-0.3%), financials (-0.8%), materials (-1.0%), technology (-1.3%), and industrials (-1.5%)--while three groups are on track to settle in the green--consumer discretionary (+0.1%), telecom services (+0.1%), and energy (+0.2%).

On the earnings front, Walt Disney (DIS 103.16, +1.99), NVIDIA (NVDA 203.84, -5.31), and Nordstrom (JWN 40.36, +2.06) will report following today's closing bell, followed by J.C. Penney (JCP 2.76, +0.25) on Friday morning.

Dow: -129.03… | Nasdaq: -56.30… | S&P: -14.61…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1032/1637. …NYSE Adv/Dec 967/1950.

02:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are hovering near their recent levels, with the Nasdaq (-0.8%) showing relative weakness.

The industrial sector (-1.3%) has struggled today, with heavyweights like Honeywell (HON 144.89, -1.98), United Technologies (UTX 118.34, -1.94), Lockheed Martin (LMT 310.96, -4.68), and Caterpillar (CAT 135.03, -2.25) losing between 1.3% and 1.6%. Transportation names have also underperformed, evidenced by the Dow Jones Transportation Average (-1.1%).

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries have returned to their flat lines after holding modest gains earlier this afternoon. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is unchanged at 2.33%.

Dow: -123.72… | Nasdaq: -54.45… | S&P: -14.09…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1079/1584. …NYSE Adv/Dec 994/1912.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices have been trimming losses as of late and now trade just a tick below their opening levels. The S&P 500 is lower by 0.6%.

Shares of AT&T (T 34.14, +0.70) are up 2.1% this afternoon, helped by a CNBC report that the Department of Justice has not set a requirement for the company to sell CNN in order to acquire Time Warner (TWX 88.15, -0.35), as was reported yesterday. AT&T's chief executive Randall Stephenson confirmed that he has no intention of selling CNN.

Meanwhile, media rivals to Time Warner, including Walt Disney (DIS 103.35, +2.17), CBS (CBS 57.85, +0.59), and Viacom (VIAB 25.02, +0.72), are outperforming, sporting gains between 1.1% and 3.2%. Disney will report earnings following today's closing bell.

Dow: -151.76… | Nasdaq: -65.79… | S&P: -16.50…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1046/1650. …NYSE Adv/Dec 963/1935.

01:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices remain under meaningful pressure as stocks see their heaviest decline in months.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that McDonald's (MCD 166.85, -3.25), United Technologies (UTX 118.29, -1.99), & Caterpillar (CAT 135.23, -2.06) are underperforming.

Conversely, Walt Disney (DIS 103.19, +2.01) is the best-performing Dow component ahead of this afternoon's earnings report.

For the week, the DJIA is now down 0.60%.

Elsewhere, at the top of the hour, the Treasury's $15 bln 30-year auction drew a high yield of 2.801% on a bid-to-cover of 2.23.

Dow: -172.07… | Nasdaq: -70.00… | S&P: -18.00…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1028/1665. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1011/1884.

01:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities have tumbled today, retreating from newly minted record highs. Losses were extended following reports that the Senate's version of a tax reform bill calls for delaying a cut in the corporate tax rate to 20% from 35% by one year. At midday, the S&P 500, the Dow, and the Nasdaq hover near session lows, holding losses between 0.9% and 1.3%.

Technology shares have paced today's retreat, sending the S&P 500's technology sector lower by 1.7%. Within the group, chipmakers have shown particular weakness as investors take profits following recent gains; the PHLX Semiconductor Index is down 2.9%. NVIDIA (NVDA 202.52, -6.63) has shed 3.2% ahead of tonight's earnings release.

Meanwhile, the financial sector (-0.9%) is down for the fifth day in a row, with heavyweights like Wells Fargo (WFC 53.43, -0.82) and Bank of America (BAC 26.23, -0.56) showing significant losses of 1.6% and 2.1%, respectively. The heavily-weighted sector played a big part in the broader market's recent two-month run, so its weakness is particularly notable.

Industrial shares within the S&P 500 also underperform, moving lower by 1.6%, but countercyclical groups like utilities (-0.1%) and telecom services (unch) have managed to largely resist the bearish trend thus far. Within the telecom services space, AT&T (T 33.95, +0.51) is up 1.5% and on track to post its third consecutive win.

In earnings news, 21st Century Fox (FOXA 29.16, +1.07) has climbed 3.6% after reporting better-than-expected earnings--for the sixth quarter in a row--and above-consensus sales on a 10.0% gain in cable revenue. Similarly, Macy's (M 19.33, +1.76) is up 10.0% after reporting upbeat profits and reaffirming its guidance for 2018.

U.S. Treasuries are slightly higher after overcoming early weakness, sending yields lower across the curve; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is down one basis point at 2.32%. Meanwhile, the U.S. dollar has dropped 0.5% against the euro (1.1654) and 0.7% against the yen (113.13), leaving the U.S. Dollar Index at a two-week low (94.31).

Elsewhere, Japan's Nikkei had an unnerving bout of volatility on Thursday before ending little changed (-0.2%), while the Euro Stoxx 50 tumbled 1.0%.

Reviewing today's economic data, which was limited to the weekly Initial Claims Report and September Wholesale Inventories:

The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 239,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 231,000. Today's tally was above the unrevised prior week count of 229,000. As for continuing claims, they rose to 1.901 million from the unrevised count of 1.884 million.
The key takeaway is that initial claims, which remained below 300,000 for the 140th straight week, are low and indicative of a tight labor market.
September Wholesale Inventories increased 0.3% (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%). The prior month's reading was revised to +0.8% from +0.9%.
The key takeaway from the report is that the sales increase outpaced the inventory increase by a sizable margin, which is a step in the right direction for wholesalers trying to regain some pricing power.

Dow: -201.20… | Nasdaq: -86.11… | S&P: -21.98…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 850/1872. …NYSE Adv/Dec 838/2053.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices are hovering at session lows moving into the afternoon; the S&P 500, the Dow, and the Nasdaq hold losses between 0.9% and 1.2%.

According to recent reports, the Senate's tax plan calls for delaying a cut in the corporate tax rate by one year, putting the proposed 20% rate (from 35%) into effect starting in 2019. Stocks have reacted negatively to the news, while Treasuries have ticked higher; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is down one basis point at 2.32%.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is down 0.4% at 94.53, and the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 11.38, +1.60) has jumped 16.3%.

Dow: -215.51… | Nasdaq: -83.08… | S&P: -23.72…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 852/1914. …NYSE Adv/Dec 783 /2082.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has tumbled to a fresh session low in recent action, with technology, financial, and industrial shares leading the retreat. The S&P 500 is down 0.8%.

WTI crude oil futures have had a somewhat volatile trading session today, sharply shifting the magnitude of their gains; the futures are currently up 0.6% at $57.13/bbl. Investors remain optimistic that OPEC and non-OPEC nations will reach an agreement to extend their current supply cut deal when they meet at the end of the month. In addition, the commodity has found support from continued uncertainty in Saudi Arabia, where Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman ordered the arrests of some of the country's most prominent political and business figures on allegations of corruption.

The S&P 500's energy sector (-0.3%) is trading a step ahead of the broader market, underpinned by crude oil's price increase. Within the group, Dow components Exxon Mobil (XOM 83.41, -0.07) and Chevron (CVX 116.55, -0.12) trade just a tick below their unchanged marks.

Dow: -181.92… | Nasdaq: -67.88… | S&P: -19.30…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 955/1813. …NYSE Adv/Dec 947/1896.

11:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have slipped in recent action as financial stocks challenge their previous session lows. The S&P 500 is lower by 0.6%.

Shares of 21st Century Fox (FOXA 29.77, +1.67) have jumped 5.8% today after the mass media company reported better-than-expected earnings for the sixth consecutive quarter. The company also beat sales estimates, showing a 10.0% gain in cable revenue. Peer Walt Disney (DIS 103.09, +1.89) also trades higher, up 1.8%, ahead of this evening's earnings release.

Earlier in the week, the two companies were reported to have had acquisition talks in recent weeks that would result in Disney owning most of 21st Century Fox.

As a reminder, the Senate is scheduled to release a conceptual draft of its tax reform bill shortly at 11:30 ET.

Dow: -142.08… | Nasdaq: -53.81… | S&P: -14.73…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1069/1701. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1035/1780.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have deviated little from their opening levels this morning; the S&P 500 shows a loss of 0.4%.

Technology and industrial shares are leading today's retreat, while consumer discretionary and telecom names resist the bearish trend. Within the technology group, chipmakers have particularly struggled, evidenced by the 1.9% decrease in the PHLX Semiconductor Index. NVIDIA (NVDA 203.91, -5.25) is down 2.5% ahead of tonight's earnings release.

Elsewhere, U.S. Treasuries are slightly lower despite the equity market's negative disposition--which would typically spark a rally in the bond market. However, it's important to note that Treasuries have been moving higher for the past two weeks. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up one basis point at 2.34%.

Dow: -98.99… | Nasdaq: -39.92… | S&P: -10.06…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1199/1542. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1105/1679.

10:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day higher:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently unchanged 0.12% at 87.7475
Dollar index is currently down 0.25% at 94.63
Dec WTI crude is up 0.86% on the day.
Futures are $0.49 higher to $57.3/barrel.
In other energy:
EIA Natural gas inventory data showed a build of 15 bcf vs a build of 65 bcf in the prior week
Dec natural gas is up $0.02 at $3.2/MMBtu
Metals:
Dec gold lost $0.3 and trades at $1283.4/oz, while Dec silver lost $0.18 to $16.96/oz
Dec copper dropped 0.02 to $3.08/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn is up $0.01 at $3.49/bu.
Dec soy is up $0.01 at $10/bu.
Dec wheat is up $0.04 at $4.31/bu.

Dow: -93.39… | Nasdaq: -45.32… | S&P: -12…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 144/1600. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1085/1668.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hover near their opening levels, with the S&P 500 showing a loss of 0.5%.

Just in, September Wholesale Inventories increased 0.3% (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%). The prior month's reading was revised to +0.8% from +0.9%.

Dow: -91.06… | Nasdaq: -55.03… | S&P: -11.80…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 841/1869. …NYSE Adv/Dec 840/1858.

09:45AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices are lower in the opening minutes of today's session, with the S&P 500 holding a loss of 0.5%. The tech-heavy Nasdaq (-0.8%) shows relative weakness.

Most of the 11 sectors are trading in negative territory. The top-weighted technology group (-0.8%) is among the worst performers as chipmakers exhibit particular weakness, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index lower by 1.6%. Meanwhile, the lightly-weighted materials space (-0.8%) is also underperforming.

On a positive note, the consumer staples sector is up 0.1%. Within the group, Coty (COTY 17.42, +2.68) has spiked 18.2% after beating earnings estimates.

Dow: -115.81… | Nasdaq: -61.76… | S&P: -13.87…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 669/1959. …NYSE Adv/Dec 743/1928.

09:12AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -15.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -53.80.

Stocks are set for a solidly lower open this morning as the S&P 500 futures trade 15 points, or 0.6%, below fair value. All three of the major U.S. indices finished Wednesday's session at new record highs.

In earnings news, retailers Kohl's (KSS 37.59, -3.20) and Macy's (M 18.16, +0.59) are mixed following their latest results. Kohl's is down 7.9% after missing earnings estimates, while Macy's is up 3.3% after reporting better-than-expected profits and reaffirming its guidance for 2018.

On the political front, the Senate is scheduled to release a conceptual draft of its tax reform bill today at 11:30 ET. Meanwhile, President Trump continues his trip throughout Asia, calling for a unified response to North Korea's nuclear program.

Investors received the weekly Initial Claims Report this morning, which showed a total count of 239,000 (Briefing.com consensus 231,000). Today's last economic report--September Wholesale Inventories (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%)--will cross the wires at 10:00 ET.

U.S. Treasuries are trading lower this morning, despite the negative disposition of equity futures; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up one basis point at 2.34%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index has trimmed its loss to 0.1% from 0.3% an hour ago and WTI crude futures hover a tick above their flat line at $56.86/bbl.

Dow component Walt Disney (DIS 101.15, -0.03) and chipmaker NVIDIA (NVDA 205.70, -3.46) will report earnings after today's close.

08:51AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -13.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -46.10.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 13 points, or 0.5%, below fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Thursday on a mixed note. Japan's Nikkei (-0.2%) was especially volatile, turning an early gain into a loss of nearly 2.0%, before recovering. There was no clear catalyst for the move, but it took place after the Nikkei advanced more than 15.0% over the past two months. President Donald Trump said that there is no more important subject than U.S.-China relations after meeting with China's President Xi Jinping. President Xi said that China is willing to significantly increase imports from the U.S. The Reserve Bank of New Zealand left its official cash rate at 1.75%, as expected.

In economic data:
China's October PPI +6.9% year-over-year (consensus 6.6%; last 6.9%). October CPI +0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 0.5%); +1.9% year-over-year (consensus 1.8%; last 1.6%)
Japan's September Current Account surplus JPY1.84 trillion (expected JPY2.05 trillion; last JPY2.27 trillion). September Core Machinery Orders -8.1% month-over-month (expected -1.8%; last 3.4%); -3.5% year-over-year (consensus 1.9%; last 4.4%). October Bank Lending +2.8% year-over-year (expected 3.0%; last 3.0%). October Economy Watchers Current Index 52.2 (expected 50.6; last 51.3)
Australia's September Home Loans -2.3% month-over-month (expected 3.0%; last 1.5%) and September Invest Housing Finance -6.2% month-over-month (last 4.3%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei shed 0.2%. Unitika, Toyobo, Mitsubishi Materials, Yokohama Rubber, Nippon Paper Industries, Sony, Bridgestone, Chugai Pharmaceutical, Suzuki Motor Corp, and Nissan Motor posted losses between 2.1% and 8.4%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng climbed 0.8% with energy names and financials pacing the advance. China Shenhua Energy, CNOOC, and PetroChina posted gains between 1.1% and 5.7% while Link Reit, Ping An Insurance, China Life Insurance, Bank of China, ICBC, and HSBC added between 0.7% and 4.1%.
China's Shanghai Composite rose 0.4%. Ningbo Joyson Electronic, Sanan Optoelectronics, Hengtong Optic Electric, Sichuan Changhong Electric, and Wingtech Technology rallied between 4.6% and 6.2%.
India's Sensex added 0.1%. Financials ended mixed with ICICI Bank and SBI rising 1.9% and 1.3%, respectively, while HDFC Bank settled flat and AXIS Bank lost 0.8%. Tech consultants like Tata Consultancy, Infosys, and Wipro added between 0.1% and 0.3%.

Major European indices trade on a lower note with Germany's DAX (-1.1%) showing relative weakness. EU officials are reportedly preparing for the possibility of a no deal or a reversal of the Brexit decision due to British Prime Minister Theresa May's weakening position. The EU will reportedly give Britain up to three weeks to decide how much it is willing to pay to complete the separation.

In economic data:
Germany's September trade surplus EUR21.80 billion (expected surplus of EUR21.10 billion; last surplus of EUR21.30 billion). September Imports -1.0% month-over-month (expected 0.3%; last 0.8%) and September Exports -0.4% month-over-month (expected -1.1%; last 2.0%)
Swiss October Unemployment Rate held at 3.1%, as expected

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE is lower by 0.4% with Burberry diving 10.0% in response to disappointing guidance. Other consumer names like ITV, Taylor Wimpey, Persimmon, Marks & Spencer, Barratt Developments, Sainsbury, and InterContinental Hotels are down between 0.8% and 4.5%.
France's CAC trades down 0.9% amid broad weakness. ArcelorMittal has slid 2.9% while heavyweights like Peugeot, Kering, TechnipFMC, Louis Vuitton, L'Oreal, and Renault show losses between 0.5% and 3.0%.
Germany's DAX is down 1.1% with Prosiebensat diving 10.2% in response to a lowered outlook. Siemens, Adidas, BASF, SAP, Bayer, and Infineon have given up between 1.4% and 3.5%. Commerzbank and Deutsche Bank outperform with respective gains of 1.5% and 0.9%.

08:33AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -15.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -51.40.

The S&P 500 futures are trading 15 points, or 0.6%, below fair value.

Just in, the latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 239,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 231,000. Today's tally was above the unrevised prior week count of 229,000. As for continuing claims, they rose to 1.901 million from the unrevised count of 1.884 million.

08:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -13.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -39.30.

Equity futures are pointing to a lower open for the U.S. equity market, which finished yesterday's session at a new record high. The S&P 500, Nasdaq, and Dow futures currently hold losses between 0.4% and 0.6%. Elsewhere, indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Thursday mixed, while the Euro Stoxx 50 trades lower by 0.7%.

The Senate is expected to release its version of a tax reform bill today, exactly one week after the House released its version. To actually implement a tax overhaul, the two chambers will eventually have to agree on a single version, so the focus of today's unveiling will be on the differences between the two proposed bills. Today's release is scheduled for 11:30 ET.

Investors are also keeping an eye on President Trump's trip throughout Asia. The president most recently visited China, where he spoke with President Xi Jinping about U.S.-China trade relations and called for increased pressure on North Korea.

On the data front, investors will receive two economic reports today--the weekly Initial Claims Report (Briefing.com consensus 231K) and September Wholesale Inventories (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%). The two pieces of data will be released at 8:30 ET and 10:00 ET, respectively.

U.S. Treasuries are trading mostly flat this morning, with the benchmark 10-yr yield unchanged at 2.33%. Meanwhile, WTI crude futures are up 0.2% at $56.91/bbl and the U.S. Dollar Index is lower by 0.3% at 94.47. The greenback has dropped 0.3% against the euro to 1.1635 and 0.4% against the yen to 113.38.

In U.S. corporate news:

Perrigo (PRGO 92.20, +11.00): +13.6% after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues and issuing upbeat profit guidance for fiscal year 2017.
Kohl's (KSS 37.10, -3.69): -9.1% after missing earnings estimates.
CenturyLink (CTL 14.82, -1.44): -8.9% after reporting worse-than-expected earnings.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Thursday on a mixed note. Japan's Nikkei -0.2%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.8%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.4%, India's Sensex +0.1%.
In economic data:
China's October PPI +6.9% year-over-year (consensus 6.6%; last 6.9%). October CPI +0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 0.5%); +1.9% year-over-year (consensus 1.8%; last 1.6%)
Japan's September Current Account surplus JPY1.84 trillion (expected JPY2.05 trillion; last JPY2.27 trillion). September Core Machinery Orders -8.1% month-over-month (expected -1.8%; last 3.4%); -3.5% year-over-year (consensus 1.9%; last 4.4%). October Bank Lending +2.8% year-over-year (expected 3.0%; last 3.0%). October Economy Watchers Current Index 52.2 (expected 50.6; last 51.3)
Australia's September Home Loans -2.3% month-over-month (expected 3.0%; last 1.5%) and September Invest Housing Finance -6.2% month-over-month (last 4.3%)
In news:
Japan's Nikkei (-0.2%) was especially volatile, turning an early gain into a loss of nearly 2.0%, before recovering. There was no clear catalyst for the move, but it took place after the Nikkei advanced more than 15.0% over the past two months.
President Donald Trump said that there is no more important subject than U.S.-China relations after meeting with China's President Xi Jinping. President Xi said that China is willing to significantly increase imports from the U.S.
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand left its official cash rate at 1.75%, as expected.

Major European indices trade on a lower note. UK's FTSE -0.6%, France's CAC -0.7%, Germany's DAX -0.9%.
In economic data:
Germany's September trade surplus EUR21.80 billion (expected surplus of EUR21.10 billion; last surplus of EUR21.30 billion). September Imports -1.0% month-over-month (expected 0.3%; last 0.8%) and September Exports -0.4% month-over-month (expected -1.1%; last 2.0%)
Swiss October Unemployment Rate held at 3.1%, as expected
In news:
EU officials are reportedly preparing for the possibility of a no deal or a reversal of the Brexit decision due to British Prime Minister Theresa May's weakening position. The EU will reportedly give Britain up to three weeks to decide how much it is willing to pay to complete the separation.

05:53AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -5.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -13.00.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei

...22869...-45.10

...-0.20%

. Hang Seng

...29137...+229.00

...+0.80%

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE

...7524.76...-5.00

...-0.10%

. DAX

...13361.81...-20.60

...-0.20%

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities ticked higher on Wednesday, with all three major indices--the Nasdaq (+0.3%), the S&P 500 (+0.1%), and the Dow (unch)--finishing at new record highs.

Technology shares outperformed in the midweek session, with video game developers showing particular strength. Take-Two Interactive (TTWO 117.65, +11.26)--which owns labels like Rockstar Games and 2K Games--jumped 10.6% after reporting better-than-expected revenues for its fiscal second quarter and issuing above-consensus sales guidance for the holiday season.

Meanwhile, the S&P 500's consumer staples sector finished at the top of the sector standings, settling higher by 1.1%. Heavyweights like Wal-Mart (WMT 90.26, +1.31), PepsiCo (PEP 112.00, +1.53), Kraft Heinz (KHC 79.58, +1.40), Costco (COST 169.05, +2.77), and Walgreens Boot Alliance (WBA 68.90, +0.98) all finished with gains between 1.4% and 1.8%.

Conversely, the heavily-weighted financial sector (-0.6%) moved lower for the fourth session in a row, keeping the broader market's gain in check. Within the group, lenders like Bank of America (BAC 26.79, -0.39), Wells Fargo (WFC 54.26, -0.79), and JPMorgan Chase (JPM 97.64, -1.11) finished with losses between 1.1% and 1.4%.

In other corporate news, Snap (SNAP 12.91, -2.21) tumbled 14.6% after reporting below-consensus revenues and daily active user growth for the third quarter. Snap shares were down as much as 22.0% in overnight trading, but strengthened following news that Chinese tech giant Tencent (TCEHY 49.77, +0.01) has purchased a 12.0% stake in the social media company.

Shares of Time Warner (TWX 88.50, -6.16) also declined on Wednesday, finishing lower by 6.5%, following a Financial Times report that the U.S. Department of Justice may force the company to sell CNN in order to be acquired by AT&T (T 33.44, +0.37). An alternative option would be selling AT&T's satellite television unit DirecTV--according to the New York Times.

Elsewhere, crude oil futures had a volatile session following the Department of Energy's weekly inventory report, which showed that U.S. stockpiles unexpectedly increased by 2.2 million barrels last week. In the end, WTI crude futures settled lower by 0.4% at a price of $56.81/bbl, and energy stocks within the S&P 500 finished behind the broader market, moving lower by 0.4%.

U.S. Treasures moved lower during the midweek session, sending yields higher across the curve; the benchmark 10-yr yield climbed two basis points to 2.33%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index slipped 0.1% to 94.75, gold climbed 0.6% to $1,283.70/ozt, and the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 9.76, -0.13) dropped 1.3%.

Wednesday's economic data was limited to the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index--which was unchanged from the prior week.

On Thursday, investors will receive two economic reports--the weekly Initial Claims Report (Briefing.com consensus 231K) and September Wholesale Inventories (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%). The two pieces of data will be released at 8:30 ET and 10:00 ET, respectively.

In addition, the Senate's version of a tax reform bill is scheduled to be released on Thursday.

Nasdaq Composite +26.1% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +19.2% YTD
S&P 500 +15.9% YTD
Russell 2000 +9.2% YTD

Dow: +6.13… | Nasdaq: +21.34… | S&P: +3.74…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1317/1521. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1496/1421.

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links will be useful for you. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com