TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: November 3rd Friday Trade Results - Profits $375.00
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
110317-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+375.00.png
110317-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+375.00.png [ 96.62 KiB | Viewed 216 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $375.00 dollars or +7.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $375.00 dollars

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis. The risk of loss can be substantial. Therefore, you must carefully consider if trading is suitable for you within the context of your financial condition. We make no guarantees of success and your level of success is dependent upon other factors including your skill as a trader, knowledge, financial condition, market conditions and other factors. Trading is stressful and you should always consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical and mental health of you and your family because trading can impact beyond your financial condition regardless if you're a profitable or losing trader.

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=173&t=2687

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Quote:
2017 has been the most difficult trading year since I've begun trading +25 years ago because successful trading involves more than just trade methods than any other trading year. This is a key concept many traders have difficulties in understanding. Some blame it on algorithms while I blame it on the inability to adapt, failure to backtest, failure to document trades (real-money or simulator) and underestimating how our environment influences our cognitive decision making while trading...all while trading in low volatility market conditions that statistically have the reputation for difficult trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=333&t=3556 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini RTY futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
110317-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
110317-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.05 MiB | Viewed 311 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: +22.93… | Nasdaq: +49.49… | S&P: +7.99…
NASDAQ Vol: ---… Adv: 1325… Dec: 1370…
NYSE Vol: 812.9 mln… Adv: 1402… Dec: 1496…

Moving the Market

Apple (AAPL) rallies after beating earnings and revenue estimates

October jobs report misses estimates for nonfarm payrolls & average hourly earnings

Financials underperform; AIG (AIG) particularly weak after missing earnings estimates

Sector Watch
Strong: Technology, Health Care
Weak: Financials, Industrials, Materials, Consumer Staples, Telecom Services, Real Estate
04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Wall Street ended a busy week on a positive note as stocks climbed to new record highs on Friday. The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite (+0.7%) led the rally following another upbeat earnings report from Apple (AAPL 172.50, +4.39), while the S&P 500 Index (+0.3%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.1%) finished with modest gains. All three major indices closed at new all-time highs.

For the week, the Nasdaq, the S&P 500, and the Dow finished with gains of 0.9%, 0.3%, and 0.5%, respectively.

Apple set the stage for Friday's performance on Thursday evening, which is when it released its fiscal fourth quarter results. The tech giant climbed 2.6% after beating both earnings and revenue estimates, in addition to reaffirming its guidance for the fiscal first quarter, which will feature the mass production of its flagship product--iPhone X. Apple finished the week at a new record high, extending its 2017 gain to 48.9% and its market cap to $891 billion.

Elsewhere in the tech space, Qualcomm (QCOM 61.81, +6.97) surged 12.7% following reports that rival Broadcom (AVGO 273.63, +14.13) is considering a deal to acquire the chipmaker. Bloomberg reported that Broadcom's bid, which could come as early as this weekend, would be in the neighborhood of $70 per share and would include both cash and stock.

Underpinned by the aforementioned names, the S&P 500's technology sector settled at the top of the day's leaderboard with a gain of 0.9%. The health care group (+0.8%) also comfortably beat the broader market, with Aetna (AET 176.99, +4.67) adding 2.7% on reports that CVS Health (CVS 69.25, -0.13) is seeking to merge with the managed health care company.

On the downside, the S&P 500's financial sector (-0.4%) struggled throughout the session, keeping the broader market's gain in check due to its large size--the group comprises around 14.5% of the broader market. Within the group, insurance giant AIG (AIG 62.00, -2.98) dropped 4.6% after missing third quarter earnings estimates due to hurricane-related claims.

Investors received the Employment Situation Report for October on Friday morning, but the release came and went without much impact on the financial markets. In short, the report stayed true to the 'Goldilocks' narrative of being neither too hot nor too cold--showing economic growth without signals of increased inflation.

U.S. Treasuries traded flat throughout much of the session, but ended the day with modest gains. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note slipped one basis point to 2.34%. The 2-yr yield also dropped one basis point, settling at 1.61%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index climbed 0.2% to 94.84.

Also of note, WTI crude futures quietly climbed 2.1% to $55.66/bbl, settling at their best level since July 2015. The commodity benefited from the weekly Baker Hughes rig count, which showed that the total number of active rigs in the U.S. decreased by 11 last week to 898.

Reviewing Friday's economic data, which included the Employment Situation Report for October, the October ISM Services Index, the September Trade Balance, and September Factory Orders:

October nonfarm payrolls increased by 261,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 300,000. Nonfarm private payrolls rose by 252,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 307,000. The unemployment rate fell to 4.1% from 4.2% (Briefing.com consensus 4.3%). Average hourly earnings were flat (Briefing.com consensus +0.1%). The average workweek was reported at 34.4 (Briefing.com consensus 34.4).
By and large, it is the type of report that the stock market should appreciate because it holds true to that Goldilocks theme of being neither too hot nor too cold. It was just right to ensure that the Fed will stick to its own theme of raising interest rates gradually--which is the key take away from the report.
The ISM Services Index for October rose to 60.1 from an unrevised reading of 59.8 in September. The Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 58.5.
October is the 94th consecutive month of growth for the non-manufacturing sector. According to the ISM, the October reading corresponds to a 4.3% increase in real GDP on an annualized basis.
The September trade balance showed a deficit of $43.5 billion, which is in line with the Briefing.com consensus. The previous month's deficit was revised to $42.8 billion from $42.4 billion.
Notwithstanding the slight widening in the trade deficit in September, net exports should still remain a positive contributor to Q3 GDP growth with the second estimate as the third quarter average for the real trade deficit is still 0.5% less than the second quarter average.
The Factory Orders Report for September showed an increase of 1.4% while the Briefing.com consensus expected a rise of 1.2%. The August reading was left at +1.2%.
The key takeaway from the report is that it will be additive to Q3 GDP expectations given the upward revision from the advanced durable goods orders report for shipments of nondefense capital goods orders excluding aircraft.

Nasdaq Composite +25.7% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +19.1% YTD
S&P 500 +15.6% YTD
Russell 2000 +10.2% YTD

Week In Review: Bulls Hurdle a Heap of Headlines

The equity market moved higher once again this week, with all three major indices settling at fresh record highs. The tech-heavy Nasdaq led the charge, adding 0.9%, while the Dow and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5% and 0.3%, respectively. Small caps underperformed, sending the Russell 2000 lower by 0.9%.

Some of the week's most notable headlines came out of the nation's capital, including details on the House's tax reform bill, which were released on Thursday. Highlights of the bill include an immediate--and permanent--reduction in the corporate tax rate from 35.0% to 20.0%, a repeal of state and local tax deductions--with the exception of a $10,000 limit for property taxes, a limit for mortgage interest deductions on new home loans of less than $500,000 (adjusted from $1,000,000), and no major changes to 401(k) tax laws.

Stocks initially sold off in reaction to the bill, but quickly bounced back.

Elsewhere in Washington, President Trump nominated Fed Governor Jerome Powell for the position of Fed Chair, and the Federal Open Market Committee unanimously voted to leave the fed funds target range at 1.00%-1.25%, as expected. The U.S. central bank reiterated its belief that the economy will continue to expand at a moderate pace and said nothing to alter the market's expectation for a rate hike in December; the CME FedWatch Tool places the chances of a December rate hike at 100.0%, up slightly from 99.9% last week.

The Employment Situation Report for October crossed the wires on Friday, showing below-consensus nonfarm payrolls (+261,000 actual vs +300,000 Briefing.com consensus), nonfarm private payrolls (+252,000 actual vs +307,000 Briefing.com consensus), and average hourly earnings (0.0% actual vs +0.1% Briefing.com consensus). Still, the market took the report in stride as it confirmed that the labor market is still strong, but that strength hasn't resulted in a pick up in wages--and thereby inflation.

As for earnings, several tech heavyweights reported their quarterly results this week, including Apple (AAPL) and Facebook (FB). The two companies finished the week higher, adding 5.8% and 0.6%, respectively, after both beat earnings and revenue estimates. The S&P 500's technology sector (+1.8%) finished at the top of the week's sector standings.

The energy sector (+1.7%) also outperformed, moving in tandem with the price of crude oil, which jumped 3.3% to $55.66/bbl--marking its highest close since July 2015.

On the downside, the consumer discretionary, health care, industrials, and materials sectors struggled, losing between 0.5% and 0.8%. Within the industrial group, transports showed particular weakness, sending the Dow Jones Transportation Average lower by 1.8%. The telecom services group (-2.6%) finished at the very bottom of the leaderboard once again, extending its 2017 loss to 17.4%.

Dow: +22.93… | Nasdaq: +49.49… | S&P: +7.99…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1325/1370. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1402/1496.

03:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day higher :

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up 1.47% at 86.69
Dollar index is currently up 0.24% at 94.91
Oct WTI Crude is up 2.05% on the day.
Futures settle $1.12 higher to $55.66/barrel.
In other energy, Dec Natural Gas settled up $0.04 at $2.98/MMBtu
On the metals:
Dec Gold lost $9.4 to settle at $1268.7/oz, while Dec silver lost $0.31 to $16.83/oz
Dec Copper dropped $0.02 to $3.12/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec Corn settled up $0.01 at $3.49/bu.
Nov Soy settled down $0.0075 at $9.8625/bu.
Dec wheat settled flat at $4.26/bu.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Each of the three major indices--the Dow (+0.1%), the S&P 500 (+0.3%), and the Nasdaq (+0.7%)--are on track to settle at new record highs.

It appears that at least four sectors will finish with week-to-date gains--energy (+2.0% WTD), technology (+1.8% WTD), real estate (+1.6% WTD), and utilities (+0.5% WTD)--and at least five will finish with week-to-date losses--materials (-0.6% WTD), consumer discretionary (-0.8% WTD), industrials (-0.8% WTD), health care (-0.8% WTD), and telecom services (-2.6% WTD).

The financials (-0.1% WTD) and consumer staples (+0.1% WTD) spaces could reasonably go either way.

Looking ahead, investors will receive another big batch of earnings next week. Some of the most notable companies on the docket include Priceline (PCLN 1902.19, -8.95), CVS Health (CVS 69.47, +0.09), 21st Century Fox (FOXA 25.15, -0.66), Walt Disney (DIS 98.66, +0.31), and NVIDIA (NVDA 207.75, +1.82).

Dow: +15.33… | Nasdaq: +46.61… | S&P: +7.69…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1396/1404. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1391/1507.

02:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have not changed since the last update.

Qualcomm (QCOM 63.18, +8.43) has spiked in recent action, extending its gain to 15.0% from 1.1%, following a Bloomberg report that Broadcom (AVGO 266.17, +6.67) is considering a deal to acquire the chipmaker. Shares of Broadcom also moved sharply higher following the report and currently show a gain of 4.3%.

The PHLX Semiconductor Index trades comfortably ahead of the broader market this afternoon (+1.3%), extending its week-to-date gain to 2.4%. Barring a major shift in sentiment, the SOX will register its eighth-consecutive weekly advance.

Dow: +28.93… | Nasdaq: +45.25… | S&P: +7.87…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1376/1425. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1371/1497.

01:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market continues to hover near its best mark of the day; the S&P 500 sports a gain of 0.3%.

Seven sectors are trading in the green--technology (+0.7%), health care (+0.6%), utilities (+0.6%), consumer discretionary (+0.4%), energy (+0.2%), consumer staples (+0.2%), and telecom services (unch)--while four are trading in the red--industrials (-0.1%), real estate (-0.2%), materials (-0.3%), and financials (-0.4%).

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries have ticked up from their flat lines in recent action, sending yields lower across the curve; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is down one basis point at 2.34%. The 2-yr yield is also one basis point lower, hovering at 1.61%.

Dow: +38.15… | Nasdaq: +40.29… | S&P: +7.03…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1400/1420. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1357/1495.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are holding firm in positive territory as the end of the trading week nears.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Apple (AAPL 173.37, +5.26), Merck & Co. (MRK 56.11, +0.74), & Wal-Mart (WMT 89.80, +1.00) are outperforming. Apple shares are leading the Dow higher following yesterday's quarterly report. On the heels of the strong results, and analyst praise, Apple has climbed to bolster a market cap of just under $900 bln.

Conversely, Intel (INTC 46.45, -0.65) is the worst-performing Dow component as shares cool-off after setting fresh 17-year highs earlier in the session.

At current levels, the DJIA is poised to close the week with gains of 0.49%.

Dow: +32.44… | Nasdaq: +34.79… | S&P: +6.06…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1421/1425. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1346/1512.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities got off to a slow start this morning, but they've picked up the pace as of late, pushing the major indices toward record highs. The Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.1%) is currently hovering at a fresh intraday record, while the S&P 500 (+0.2%) and the Nasdaq (+0.5%) trade just a step below their all-time highs.

The Employment Situation Report for the month of October was met with a largely muted response from investors when it crossed the wires this morning. In short, key metrics like nonfarm payrolls (+261,000 actual vs +300,000 Briefing.com consensus) and average hourly earnings (0.0% actual vs +0.1% Briefing.com consensus) fell short of expectations, but the report was overall consistent with the 'Goldilocks' theme of being neither too hot nor too cold--showing economic growth without signals of increased inflation.

Apple (AAPL 172.74, +4.63) has jumped 2.8% so far today, giving the S&P 500's technology sector (+0.5%) a boost, after yet another impressive quarterly earnings report. The tech titan beat both earnings and revenue estimates and reiterated its guidance for its fiscal first quarter. Today's advance places Apple shares at a new all-time high.

Meanwhile, Starbucks (SBUX 56.52, +1.66) opened today's session with a loss of around 1.5% after reporting disappointing revenues on worse-than-expected same store sales. However, the bearish sentiment didn't last long as the coffee giant quickly retraced its loss and now trades higher by 3.0%. Today's advance places Starbucks at its best level since late July.

On the downside, the S&P 500's heavily-weighted financial sector (-0.4%) has underperformed, keeping the broader market's gain in check. Insurance giant AIG (AIG 62.01, -2.97) is among the weakest components within the group, losing 4.6%, after missing third quarter earnings estimates due to hurricane-related claims.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries have held near their flat lines throughout the session; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is unchanged at 2.35%.

Elsewhere, the U.S. Dollar Index was modestly lower earlier today, but now trades higher by 0.3% at 94.89. The greenback shows particular strength against the euro, climbing 0.5% to 1.1604. Meanwhile, WTI crude futures have jumped higher in recent action and currently trade up 0.8% at $54.96/bbl.

Reviewing Friday's economic data, which included the Employment Situation Report for October, the October ISM Services Index, the September Trade Balance, and September Factory Orders:

October nonfarm payrolls increased by 261,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 300,000. Nonfarm private payrolls rose by 252,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 307,000. The unemployment rate fell to 4.1% from 4.2% (Briefing.com consensus 4.3%). Average hourly earnings were flat (Briefing.com consensus +0.1%). The average workweek was reported at 34.4 (Briefing.com consensus 34.4).
By and large, it is the type of report that the stock market should appreciate because it holds true to that Goldilocks theme of being neither too hot nor too cold. It was just right to ensure that the Fed will stick to its own theme of raising interest rates gradually--which is the key take away from the report.
The ISM Services Index for October rose to 60.1 from an unrevised reading of 59.8 in September. The Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 58.5.
October is the 94th consecutive month of growth for the non-manufacturing sector. According to the ISM, the October reading corresponds to a 4.3% increase in real GDP on an annualized basis.
The September trade balance showed a deficit of $43.5 billion, which is in line with the Briefing.com consensus. The previous month's deficit was revised to $42.8 billion from $42.4 billion.
Notwithstanding the slight widening in the trade deficit in September, net exports should still remain a positive contributor to Q3 GDP growth with the second estimate as the third quarter average for the real trade deficit is still 0.5% less than the second quarter average.
The Factory Orders Report for September showed an increase of 1.4% while the Briefing.com consensus expected a rise of 1.2%. The August reading was left at +1.2%.
The key takeaway from the report is that it will be additive to Q3 GDP expectations given the upward revision from the advanced durable goods orders report for shipments of nondefense capital goods orders excluding aircraft.

Dow: +26.21… | Nasdaq: +29.69… | S&P: +4.81…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1408/1444. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1316/1535.

12:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have been ticking higher as of late, pushing the major indices to new session highs. The S&P 500 now shows a gain of 0.2%.

Starbucks (SBUX 56.76, +1.91) opened today's session with a loss of around 1.5% after reporting disappointing revenues on worse-than-expected same store sales. However, the bearish sentiment didn't last for long as the coffee giant quickly retraced its loss and now trades higher by 3.5%. Today's advance places Starbucks at its best level since late July.

Most of the S&P 500's 11 sectors are trading in positive territory this afternoon, with the technology (+0.5%), health care (+0.5%), and utilities (+0.7%) groups showing particular strength. However, the underperformance of the heavily-weighted financial sector (-0.7%) has kept the broader market's gain in check.

Dow: +25.29… | Nasdaq: +29.22… | S&P: +4.53…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1372/1463. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1310/1539.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices are slightly higher in late-morning action, hovering just a step below their record marks.

Within the Dow, Apple (AAPL 172.53, +4.46) is the top performer by a wide margin, climbing 2.6% in response to its better-than-expected earnings report. Wal-Mart (WMT 89.70, +0.90) currently hovers in second place on the Dow leaderboard, sporting a gain of 1.0%, followed closely by Home Depot (HD 164.22, +1.51), which has bounced back from yesterday's sell off.

On the flip side, Intel (INTC 46.33, -0.76) is down 1.6% and is currently the weakest component within the blue-chip average. The chipmaker has been on a tear since reporting earnings on October 26, adding nearly 14.0% over the last five sessions.

For the week, the Dow is up 0.4%.

Dow: +8.60… | Nasdaq: +19.68… | S&P: +2.04…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1339/1467. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1237/1565.

11:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have been ticking higher as of late; the S&P 500 is now up 0.1%.

Pandora Media (P 5.49, -1.92) has plunged 25.9% in today's session, hitting a fresh all-time low. The music streaming company reported above-consensus third quarter earnings on Thursday evening, but issued fourth quarter revenue guidance that fell well short of expectations. Pandora went public back in July 2011, hit an all-time high in early 2014, but then began a downward slide that it still has yet to shake.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are still hovering near their flat lines--as they have done for the majority of today's session; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is unchanged at 2.35%. For the week, the 10-yr yield has lost seven basis points.

Dow: +13.59… | Nasdaq: +19.33… | S&P: +1.64…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1345/1420. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1414/1564.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are still trading near their flat lines this morning, with the Nasdaq (+0.2%) holding a slight edge over its peers.

Financials have sold off today following two straight days of gains. Insurance giant AIG (AIG 61.89, -3.09) has been hit particularly hard, dropping 4.7%, after missing third quarter earnings estimates due to heavy hurricane-related losses. The S&P 500's financial sector hovers at the bottom of the sector standings with a loss of 0.7%.

Meanwhile, the lightly-weighted utilities group (+0.5%) is today's top-performing sector, thanks in part to Duke Energy (DUK 88.98, +0.42), which has added 0.5% after beating bottom-line estimates.

Dow: -14.11… | Nasdaq: +9.08… | S&P: -1.06…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1199/1575. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1133/1624.

10:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day lower:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down 0.08% at 86.6198
Dollar index is currently up 0.15% at 94.82
Dec WTI crude is up 0.28% on the day.
Baker Hughes U.S. rig count to be released at 11am ET.
Futures are $0.15 higher to $54.69/barrel.
In other energy, Dec natural gas is up $0.04 at $2.98/MMBtu
Metals:
Dec gold lost $2.90 and trades at $1275.20/oz, while Dec silver lost $0.07 to $17.07/oz
Dec copper dropped 0.01 to $3.13/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn is down $0.03 at $3.48/bu.
Nov soy is down $0.11 at $9.8825/bu.
Dec wheat is down $0.02 at $4.24/bu.

Dow: -8.88… | Nasdaq: +10.71… | S&P: -0.94…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1238/1514. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1184/1577.

10:05AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (-0.1%) is trading a tick below its unchanged mark.

Just in, the ISM Services Index for October rose to 60.1 from an unrevised reading of 59.8 in September. The Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 58.5.

Separately, the Factory Orders Report for September showed an increase of 1.4% while the Briefing.com consensus expected a rise of 1.2%. The August reading was left at +1.2%.

Dow: -21.59… | Nasdaq: +6.44… | S&P: -1.23…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1137/1564. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1150/1558.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are trading flat in the opening minutes of today's session, with the tech-heavy Nasdaq (+0.1%) showing relative strength.

Sectors are pretty evenly split between green and red, but gains and losses are pretty modest. The technology space (+0.3%) is among the top performers following Apple's (AAPL 173.37, +5.36) latest earnings report, which showed better-than-expected earnings and revenues. Meanwhile, the heavily-weighted financials (-0.6%) and consumer discretionary (-0.3%) groups show relative weakness.

As a reminder, today's last two pieces of economic data--the October ISM Services Index (Briefing.com consensus 58.5) and September Factory Orders--will be released at 10:00 ET.

Dow: -7.31… | Nasdaq: +8.71… | S&P: -1.28…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1070/1521. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1096/1529.

09:17AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +9.90.

Equity futures are pointing to a slightly higher open for the U.S. equity market this morning, with the S&P 500 futures trading two points, or 0.1%, above fair value. Nasdaq futures show relative strength (+0.5%) thanks to Apple (AAPL 175.01, +6.90), which is up following its latest earnings report.

The Employment Situation Report for October, which was released earlier this morning, showed lower-than-expected nonfarm payrolls (+261,000 actual vs +300,000 Briefing.com consensus), nonfarm private payrolls (+252,000 actual vs +307,000 Briefing.com consensus), and average hourly earnings (0.0% actual vs +0.1% Briefing.com consensus).

U.S. Treasuries spiked to fresh session highs in response to the release, but have since slipped back to their unchanged marks--which is roughly where they were before the release. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is unchanged at 2.35%, while the 2-yr yield also trades flat at 1.62%.

Today's last pieces of economic data--the October ISM Services Index (Briefing.com consensus 58.5) and September Factory Orders--will be released at 10:00 ET.

On the earnings front, Apple impressed investors once again with its latest earnings report, which crossed the wires on Thursday evening. The tech giant beat both earnings and revenue estimates and is currently trading higher by 4.1% in pre-market action. At that level, Apple is set to open at a new all-time high.

Elsewhere, WTI crude futures are up 0.4% at $54.76/bbl and on track to close at their best level since July 2015. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is down 0.1% at 94.50, gold is flat at $1,278.56/ozt, and the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 9.79, -0.14) is down 1.4%.

Coming into today's session, the S&P 500 holds a week-to-date loss of 0.1%.

08:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +0.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +8.90.

The S&P 500 futures trade in line with fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended the week on a mostly higher note while Japan's Nikkei was closed for Culture Day. Australia's retail sales disappointed for the third consecutive month with Reserve Bank of Australia's policy meeting scheduled for next week. China's 10-yr yield ended the week at 3.90%, climbing eight basis points for the week.

In economic data:
China's October Caixin Services PMI 51.2 (expected 50.8; last 50.6)
Australia's October AIG Services Index 51.4 (last 52.1). September Retail Sales 0.0% month-over-month (expected 0.4%; last -0.5%); +0.1% quarter-over-quarter (expected 1.2%; last 1.5%)
Hong Kong's October Manufacturing PMI 50.3 (last 51.2). September Retail Sales +5.6% year-over-year (last 2.7%)
India's October Nikkei Services PMI 51.7 (last 50.7)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei was closed. The index gained 2.4% for the week.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng added 0.3%, rising 0.6% for the week. Property names and financials displayed relative strength with Wharf Holdings, Link Reit, Henderson Land, New World Development, AIA Grop, Ping An Insurance, and Sino Land advanced between 0.4% and 4.2%.
China's Shanghai Composite shed 0.3%, widening this week's decline to 1.3%. Xinjiang Bayi Iron & Steel, Shanxi Coking, Qinghai Jinrui Mineral Development, and Orient International Enterprise lost between 5.1% and 5.3%.
India's Sensex added 0.3%, gaining 3.4% for the week. SBI, AXIS Bank, and HDFC Bank rose between 0.7% and 3.2% while ICICI Bank lost 0.3%. Tech consultants were mixed with Tata Consultancy losing 0.5% while Wipro and Infosys both gained near 0.4%.

Major European indices trade near their flat lines while Spain's IBEX (-1.2%) underperforms, surrendering this week's gain. Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont, who remains in Brussels, criticized a Madrid court decision to imprison eight separatist leaders. Mr. Puigdemont demanded the release of the prisoners, saying, "this is an attack on democracy." There hasn't been much progress made in German coalition talks, but there is still hope that a government will be formed by the end of 2017.

In economic data:
UK's October Services PMI 55.6 (expected 53.3; last 53.6)
Spain's October Unemployment Change 56,800 (last 27,900)

---Equity Markets---

France's CAC is lower by 0.1%. Renault has spiked 3.9% after the French government reduced its stake in the automaker to 15.0%. Consumer names like Louis Vuitton, Kering, and Pernod Ricard are up between 0.3% and 1.5%. On the downside, BNP Paribas is down 0.5% while Credit Agricole, AXA, and Societe Generale show losses between 1.7% and 3.7%.
UK's FTSE trades flat. Consumer names like Associated British Foods, British American Tobacco, Carnival, Burberry, and Diageo show gains between 0.1% and 0.8%.
Germany's DAX is up 0.2%. Heavyweight components like Bayer, BASF, Volkswagen, Adidas, Daimler, and BMW have added between 0.1% and 1.2%. Deutsche Telekom leads, rising 1.6%, while Commerzbank is the weakest performer, falling 2.1%.
Spain's IBEX has slid 1.2% with Banco Sabadell, Caixabank, Santander, and BBVA falling between 2.3% and 3.9%. Acerinox, DIA, Acciona, and Telefonica show losses between 1.6% and 2.4%.

08:36AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +17.80.

The S&P 500 futures trade four points, or 0.2%, above fair value.

Just in, October nonfarm payrolls increased by 261,000 while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 300,000. The prior month's reading was revised to +18,000 from -33,000. Nonfarm private payrolls rose by 252,000 while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 307,000. The previous month's reading was revised to +15,000 from -40,000.

The unemployment rate fell to 4.1% from 4.2% (Briefing.com consensus 4.3%). Average hourly earnings were flat (Briefing.com consensus +0.1%), while the previous month's increase was left unrevised at 0.5%. The average workweek was reported at 34.4 (Briefing.com consensus 34.4). The previous month's reading was left unrevised at 34.4.

Separately, the September trade balance showed a deficit of $43.5 billion, which is in line with the Briefing.com consensus. The previous month's deficit was revised to $42.8 billion from $42.4 billion.

07:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +3.90.

Equity futures are pointing to a slightly higher open this morning following yesterday's flat finish and ahead of today's October jobs report, which will be released at 8:30 ET. The S&P 500 futures currently trade two points, or 0.1%, above fair value. Nasdaq futures show relative strength (+0.4%) following another upbeat earnings report from Apple (AAPL 174.66, +6.55).

U.S. Treasuries are flat ahead of the Employment Situation Report for October, which the Briefing.com consensus expects will show the addition of 300,000 nonfarm payrolls, a 0.1% increase in average hourly earnings, and an unemployment rate of 4.3%--slightly higher than September's reading of 4.2%. The benchmark 10-yr yield hovers at 2.35%.

In addition, investors will receive several other pieces of economic data today, including the September Trade Balance (Briefing.com consensus -$43.5 billion) at 8:30 ET, the October ISM Services Index (Briefing.com consensus 58.5) at 10:00 ET, and September Factory Orders also at 10:00 ET.

President Trump will depart for a 10-day trip to Asia today, during which he will visit Japan, South Korea, China, Vietnam, and the Philippines. The president is expected to push for cooperation in curbing North Korea's nuclear threat.

Also of note, WTI crude futures are up 0.3% at $54.71/bbl. If the commodity can maintain that level, it would mark its highest close since July 2015. WTI crude futures have added 1.5% this week and have helped the S&P 500's energy sector climb 1.5%. For comparison, the S&P 500 is down 0.1% week to date.

In U.S. corporate news:

Apple (AAPL 174.66, +6.55): +3.7% after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues.
Starbucks (SBUX 54.10, -0.77): -1.4% after missing revenue estimates on worse-than-expected same store sales.
AIG (AIG 62.20, -2.78): -4.3% after missing bottom-line estimates.
Activision Blizzard (ATVI 67.07, +1.62): +2.5% after reporting upbeat earnings and issuing positive guidance.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended the week on a mostly higher note while Japan's Nikkei was closed for Culture Day. Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.3%, China's Shanghai Composite -0.3%, India's Sensex +0.3%.
In economic data:
China's October Caixin Services PMI 51.2 (expected 50.8; last 50.6)
Australia's October AIG Services Index 51.4 (last 52.1). September Retail Sales 0.0% month-over-month (expected 0.4%; last -0.5%); +0.1% quarter-over-quarter (expected 1.2%; last 1.5%)
Hong Kong's October Manufacturing PMI 50.3 (last 51.2). September Retail Sales +5.6% year-over-year (last 2.7%)
India's October Nikkei Services PMI 51.7 (last 50.7)
In news:
Australia's retail sales disappointed for the third consecutive month with Reserve Bank of Australia's policy meeting scheduled for next week.
China's 10-yr yield ended the week at 3.90%, climbing eight basis points for the week.

Major European indices trade just above their flat lines while Spain's IBEX (-1.2%) underperforms, surrendering this week's gain. France's CAC +0.1%, UK's FTSE +0.3%, Germany's DAX +0.3%.
In economic data:
UK's October Services PMI 55.6 (expected 53.3; last 53.6)
Spain's October Unemployment Change 56,800 (last 27,900)
In news:
Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont, who remains in Brussels, criticized a Madrid court decision to imprison eight separatist leaders. Mr. Puigdemont demanded the release of the prisoners, saying, "this is an attack on democracy."
There hasn't been much progress made in German coalition talks, but there is still hope that a government will be formed by the end of 2017.

05:51AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -19.80.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei

...Holiday......... Hang Seng

...28604...+85.00

...+0.30%

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE

...7576.19...+20.90

...+0.30%

. DAX

...13494.06...+53.10

...+0.40%

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities ended Thursday little changed after a late-afternoon rally trimmed modest losses from earlier in the session. The S&P 500 ended a tick above its flat line, while the Nasdaq finished slightly lower and the Dow (+0.4%) outperformed, settling at a new record high. Small caps had a good showing, pushing the Russell 2000 higher by 0.3%.

Highlights of the House's tax reform bill include an immediate--and permanent--reduction in the corporate tax rate from 35.0% to 20.0%, a repeal of state and local tax deductions--with the exception of a $10,000 limit for property taxes, a limit for mortgage interest deductions on new home loans of less than $500,000 (adjusted from $1,000,000), and no major changes to 401(k) tax laws.

The bill also calls for reducing the number of tax brackets from seven to four--12%, 25%, 35%, and 39.6%--with the rate for top earners remaining unchanged.

Stocks initially sold off after the media leaked details of the bill in the morning, but the market bounced back soon thereafter. Financials helped fuel the turnaround and remained strong for the remainder of the session; the S&P 500's financial sector finished with a gain of 0.9%. The industrials (+0.5%), utilities (+0.4%), and real estate (+0.9%) groups also outperformed.

Meanwhile, the technology sector (+0.1%) manged to eke out a slim victory, but was weighed down by Facebook (FB 178.92, -3.74), which dropped 2.1% despite reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues. Conversely, chipmaker Qualcomm (QCOM 54.84, +1.38) jumped 2.6% after beating both top and bottom line estimates.

In other earnings news, Tesla (TSLA 299.26, -21.82) plunged 6.8% after reporting worse-than-expected earnings and delaying its Model 3 production target of 5,000 per week by another quarter. Newell Brands (NWL 30.01, -10.99)--which owns names like Sharpie, Crock-Pot, and Yankee Candle--also tumbled, losing 26.8%, after missing earnings estimates and cutting its outlook.

Dow component DowDuPont (DWDP 72.04, -1.28) also declined, losing 1.8%, despite reporting above-consensus earnings. The materials sector (-0.8%), which houses DowDuPont, finished near the bottom of the sector standings, alongside the telecom services (-1.0%) and consumer discretionary (-0.8%) groups.

Elsewhere, the Bank of England announced its first rate hike in a decade, increasing the Bank Rate by 25 basis points to 0.50% in a 7-2 vote. However, the British pound dropped 1.4% against the U.S. dollar to 1.3064, hitting a fresh one-month low.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries climbed in a curve-flattening trade; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note dropped three basis points to 2.35%, while the 2-yr yield slipped one basis point to 1.62%. Yields move inversely to prices.

Also of note, President Trump nominated Fed Governor Jerome Powell to replace Fed Chair Janet Yellen when her term ends in February--as expected.

Reviewing Thursday's economic data, which included third quarter Productivity, third quarter Unit Labor Costs, and the weekly Initial Claims Report:

The preliminary unit labor costs ticked up 0.5% during the third quarter, while the Briefing.com consensus expected no change (0.0%). The preliminary productivity reading showed an increase of 3.0%, while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 2.8%.
The key takeaway from the productivity report is that it was the highest quarterly increase since the third quarter of 2014, offering a hopeful sign that U.S. economic activity and workers' standard of living will be improving.
The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 229,000, while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 235,000. Today's tally was below the revised prior week count of 234,000 (from 233,000). As for continuing claims, they declined to 1.884 million from the revised count of 1.899 million (from 1.893 million).
The key takeaway is the initial claims are holding at historically low levels, underscoring the tightness in the labor market.

On Friday, investors will receive the Employment Situation Report for October (Briefing.com consensus 300K) at 8:30 ET, the September Trade Balance (Briefing.com consensus -$43.5 billion) also at 8:30 ET, and both the October ISM Services Index (Briefing.com consensus 58.5) and September Factory Orders at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +24.7% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +19.0% YTD
S&P 500 +15.2% YTD
Russell 2000 +10.3% YTD

Dow: +81.25… | Nasdaq: -1.59… | S&P: +0.49…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1519/1123. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1453/1485.

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links will be useful for you. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com