TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: October 24th Tuesday Trade Results - Profits $625.00
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:06 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
102417-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+625.00.png
102417-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+625.00.png [ 96.52 KiB | Viewed 285 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $625.00 dollars or +12.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $625.00 dollars

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis.

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=2677

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review (you must be a member of the chat room for a real-time review). Although the trades are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis in real-time...this is not a signal calling chat room nor is this a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Quote:
2017 has been the most difficult trading year since I've begun trading +25 years ago because successful trading involves more than just trade methods than any other trading year. This is a key concept many traders have difficulties in understanding. Some blame it on algorithms while I blame it on the inability to adapt, failure to backtest, failure to document trades (real-money or simulator) and underestimating how our environment influences our cognitive decision making while trading...all while trading in low volatility market conditions that statistically have the reputation for difficult trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=331&t=3532 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
102417-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
102417-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.04 MiB | Viewed 268 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: +167.80… | Nasdaq: +11.60… | S&P: +4.15…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.82 bln… Adv: 1330… Dec: 1385…
NYSE Vol: 776.8 mln… Adv: 1558… Dec: 1343…

Moving the Market

Investors buy Monday's dip, sending stocks toward record highs

Dow outperforms after impressive earnings reports from Caterpillar (CAT) and 3M (MMM)

Health care stocks retreat, weigh on broader market

Sector Watch
Strong: Financials, Industrials, Materials, Technology
Weak: Health Care, Consumer Staples, Utilities, Telecom Services, Real Estate
04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market crept higher on Tuesday, notching its first win of the week, following a largely solid batch of third quarter earnings. Caterpillar (CAT 138.24, +6.56) and 3M (MMM 234.65, +13.10) pushed the Dow (+0.7%) to a new record high after reporting particularly strong Q3 results, while the S&P 500 (+0.2%) and the Nasdaq (+0.2%) finished with more modest gains.

Caterpillar and 3M both reported stronger-than-expected earnings and revenues on Tuesday morning and raised their guidance for fiscal year 2017. The two industrial giants climbed 5.0% and 5.9%, respectively, helping the S&P 500's industrial sector (+0.5%) settle near the top of the sector standings.

However, fellow industrial giant--and Dow component--United Technologies (UTX 119.74, -1.15) tumbled 1.0%, despite beating third quarter profit estimates.

The lightly-weighted materials sector (+0.6%) finished roughly in line with the industrial space, but the heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.7%) did even better, making the most of a curve-steepening trade in the bond market. Treasuries finished mixed, with the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note climbing three basis points to 2.41%, while the 2-yr yield slipped one basis point to 1.57%.

McDonald's (MCD 163.88, +0.54) advanced 0.3% on Tuesday, even though its third quarter earnings fell short of expectations. The opposite was true for health care giants Eli Lilly (LLY 85.17, -2.01) and Biogen (BIIB 315.73, -12.82), which tumbled 2.3% and 3.9%, respectively, despite reporting stronger-than-expected earnings and revenues.

The health care sector (-0.7%) finished at the bottom of the sector standings, alongside other countercyclical groups like consumer staples (-0.3%) and telecom services (-0.6%). In general, cyclical sectors outperformed their countercyclical peers on Tuesday, signaling an increased appetite for risk among investors.

In Washington, Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) announced that he will not run for re-election in 2018. Mr. Flake has been a critic of President Trump and will be a Senator to watch as he now seemingly has fewer political consequences if he decides to vote against Republican legislation. The GOP holds just a two-seat majority in the Senate.

Investors did not receive any economic data on Tuesday.

However, on Wednesday, market participants will receive several economic reports, including the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index at 7:00 ET, September Durable Orders (Briefing.com consensus 1.3%) at 8:30 ET, the August FHFA Housing Price Index (Briefing.com consensus 0.4%) at 9:00 ET, and September New Home Sales (Briefing.com consensus 555K) at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +22.6% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +18.6% YTD
S&P 500 +14.8% YTD
Russell 2000 +10.6% YTD

Dow: +167.80… | Nasdaq: +11.60… | S&P: +4.15…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1330/1385. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1558/1343.

03:40PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day higher :

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up 0.5% at 86.04
Dollar index is currently up 0.06% at 93.94
Oct WTI Crude is up 1.08% on the day.
API inventory data will be released at 4:30 pm ET
Futures settle $0.56 higher to $52.47/barrel.
In other energy, Nov Natural Gas settled down $0.02 at $2.97/MMBtu
On the metals:
Dec Gold lost $2.80 to settle at $1278.20/oz, while Dec silver lost $0.01 to $16.97/oz
Dec Copper gained $0.01 to $3.17/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec Corn settled unchanged at $3.53/bu.
Nov soy settled $0.03 lower at 9.77/bu.
Dec Wheat settled up $0.03 at $4.39/bu.

Dow: 164.26… | Nasdaq: +9.07… | S&P: +2.77…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1437/1379. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1573/1337.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Dow (+0.8%) is poised to settle today's session at a fresh record high moving into the final stretch, while the S&P 500 (+0.2%) and the Nasdaq (+0.3%) are on track for modest victories.

A number of notable companies will report earnings following today's closing bell, including AT&T (T 34.86, -0.39), Texas Instruments (TXN 96.31, +0.10), Capital One (COF 89.61, -0.11), Express Scripts (ESRX 58.85, +0.20), and Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG 323.67, +3.22), among many others.

Tomorrow morning, Visa (V 107.97, +0.45), Coca-Cola (KO 46.10, -0.21), Boeing (BA 265.76, +3.44), Walgreens Boot Alliance (WBA 67.88, +0.38), and Anthem (ANTM 195.60, -0.04) will headline the earnings front.

Dow: +171.57… | Nasdaq: +15.93… | S&P: +4.77…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1612/1271. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1614/1271.

02:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have been ticking higher as of late, sending the S&P 500 (+0.3%) to its best mark of the day.

Six sectors are currently trading in the green--financials (+0.9%), materials (+0.7%), industrials (+0.6%), technology (+0.5%), consumer discretionary (+0.4%), and energy (+0.4%)--and five are trading in the red--consumer staples (-0.2%), utilities (-0.3%), telecom services (-0.5%), health care (-0.6%), and real estate (-0.6%).

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are still mixed this afternoon, with longer-dated issues showing relative weakness; the benchmark 10-yr yield is up three basis points at 2.41%, while the 2-yr yield is down one basis point at 1.57%.

Dow: +203.36… | Nasdaq: +24.50… | S&P: +7.08…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1651/1219. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1648/1232.

01:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have been trending sideways as of late, leaving the S&P 500 (+0.2%) just a step above its unchanged mark.

Chipmakers are outperforming this afternoon, evidenced by the 0.7% increase in the PHLX Semiconductor Index. Advanced Micro (AMD 14.27, +0.18) shows particular strength, climbing 1.2%, ahead of its third quarter earnings report, which will cross the wires following today's closing bell. The top-weighted technology sector (+0.4%), which houses chipmakers, trades ahead of the broader market.

Meanwhile, the materials sector has inserted itself into the race for the top spot on today's leaderboard. The financial sector (+0.8%) is still the leader, but industrials (+0.7) and materials (+0.6%) are not far behind the heavily-weighted sector.

Dow: +193.55… | Nasdaq: +21.19… | S&P: +5.30…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1651/1212. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1594/1266.

01:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue to hold firm in positive territory in afternoon trading as stocks recover from yesterday's retreat.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that 3M (MMM 238.46, +16.91), Caterpillar (CAT 137.73, +6.05), & JP Morgan (JPM 101.05, +1.71) are outperforming. 3M & Caterpillar are both surging higher to all-time highs following strong earnings this morning, significantly boosting the Dow.

Conversely, IBM (IBM 155.78, -3.77) is the worst-performing Dow component as shares continue to cool-off following last week's earnings-driven surge.

With today's move higher, the DJIA is now up 4.76% this month.

Elsewhere, at the top of the hour, the Treasury's $26 bln 2-year auction drew a high yield of 1.596% on a bid-to-cover of 2.74.

Dow: +200.46… | Nasdaq: +16.65… | S&P: +5.19…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1650/1217. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1595/1272.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities have ticked higher today, bouncing back from yesterday's decline, which marked Wall Street's first loss in more than a week. The Dow (+0.8%) is trading comfortably ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.2%) and the Nasdaq (+0.3%), hitting a record intraday high, thanks to upbeat earnings reports from industrial giants Caterpillar (CAT 137.64, +5.96) and 3M (MMM 238.33, +16.78).

Both Caterpillar and 3M reported better-than-expected earnings, and revenues, and issued above-consensus guidance for fiscal year 2017. Unsurprisingly, the S&P 500's industrial sector (+0.8%), which houses both names, trades near the top of the sector standings, but it's worth pointing out that United Technologies (UTX 119.57, -1.32) has dropped 1.1% despite beating third quarter profit estimates.

The heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.9%) is the only group trading ahead of the industrial space this afternoon, thanks in part to a curve-steepening trade in the bond market. Treasuries are mixed today, with the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note climbing three basis points to 2.41%, while the 2-yr yield hovers one basis point below its flat line at 1.57%.

Bank of America (BAC 27.74, +0.57) and JPMorgan Chase (JPM 101.10, +1.76) are leading the financial rally, adding 2.1% and 1.8%, respectively.

Meanwhile, McDonald's (MCD 164.95, +1.61) has helped keep the consumer discretionary sector (+0.2%) above water, despite missing earnings estimates in its third quarter report this morning; MCD shares are higher by 1.0%. However, it's worth noting that the fast food giant did sell off ahead of its earnings release, losing 1.8% on Monday.

At the bottom of the sector standings, the health care sector holds a loss of 0.6%, with influential names like Biogen (BIIB 315.73, -12.80) and Eli Lilly (LLY 85.15, -2.03) showing respective losses of 3.9% and 2.4%. The two companies have moved lower today despite reporting stronger-than-expected earnings and revenues.

In general, there is an underlying risk-on tone in the equity market today as cyclical stocks outperform their countercyclical peers. Other financial markets have a similar feel, with safe-haven assets like gold and the Japanese yen falling to selling pressure. The yellow metal is down 0.2% at $1,277.98/ozt, while the yen has slipped 0.4% against the U.S. Dollar to 113.87.

Investors did not receive any economic data on Monday.

Dow: +203.30… | Nasdaq: +15.04… | S&P: +4.81…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1595/1252. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1554/1301.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices are hovering near their best marks of the day; the Dow, Nasdaq, and S&P 500 hold respective gains of 0.8%, 0.3%, and 0.2%.

Investors have yet to receive an economic report this week, but that will change tomorrow. Four pieces of economic data are scheduled to be released on Wednesday, including the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index at 7:00 ET, September Durable Orders (Briefing.com consensus 1.3%) at 8:30 ET, the August FHFA Housing Price Index (Briefing.com consensus 0.4%) at 9:00 ET, and September New Home Sales (Briefing.com consensus 555K) at 10:00 ET.

Sector standings are little changed this afternoon, with six groups trading in the green--financials (+0.8%), industrials (+0.7%), materials (+0.5%), technology (+0.4%), energy (+0.3%), and consumer discretionary (+0.2%)--and five groups trading in the red--utilities (-0.3%), telecom services (-0.3%), consumer staples (-0.4%), health care (-0.6%), and real estate (-0.9%).

Dow: +193.47… | Nasdaq: +16.30… | S&P: +4.78…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1570/1240. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1526/1311.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have not changed since the last update.

WTI crude futures are trading higher today, climbing 0.9% to a price of $52.36 per barrel--which marks their best level in six months. The American Petroleum Institute (API) is scheduled to report its weekly crude inventory figures this afternoon at 16:30 ET, while the official government metrics from the Department of Energy are due on Wednesday morning at 10:30 ET.

The S&P 500's energy sector, which typically moves in tandem with the price of crude oil, is trading comfortably ahead of the broader market, with a gain of 0.6%. Dow components Chevron (CVX 119.83, +0.90) and Exxon Mobil (XOM 83.70, +0.46) are up 0.8% and 0.6%, respectively, in today's session and will both report their quarterly earnings results on Friday morning.

Dow: +194.07… | Nasdaq: +19.46… | S&P: +5.61…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1630/1188. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1593/1221.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have been ticking higher as of late, sending the major indices to the upper half of their trading ranges. The S&P 500 is up 0.2%.

General Motors (GM 46.26, +1.11) has climbed 2.5% in today's session after reporting stronger-than-expected earnings and revenues for the third quarter. Fellow automaker Ford Motor (F 12.18, +0.14) is trading 1.1% higher in sympathy with GM and in front of its own third quarter earnings report, which will be released on Thursday morning.

The S&P 500's consumer discretionary sector, which houses the aforementioned automakers, trades a tick ahead of the broader market, up 0.3%.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is up 0.1% at 93.80. The greenback has climbed 0.6% against the pound to 1.3124 and 0.4% against the yen to 113.93, but has slipped 0.1% against the euro to 1.1763.

Dow: +181.28… | Nasdaq: +15.16… | S&P: +4.52…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1545/1269. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1479/1313.

11:10AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day flat:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are flat at 85.6046
Dollar index is currently up 0.08% at 93.93.
Oct WTI crude is higher on the day.
API Inventory data will be released at 4:30 pm ET.
Futures are $0.13 higher to $52.03/barrel.
In other energy, Oct natural gas is down $0.017 at $2.974/MMBtu
Metals:
Dec gold has lost $5.30 and trades at $1275.60/oz, while Sept silver has dropped $0.16 to $16.915/oz
Sept copper has gained $0.007 to $3.195/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn is $0.012 lower at $3.50/bu.
Nov soy is down $0.054 at $9.752/bu.
Dec wheat is down $0.06 at $4.36/bu.

Dow: +184.2… | Nasdaq: +17.07… | S&P: +4.55…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1604/1203. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1549/1230.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices hover near their opening levels this morning, with the S&P 500 sporting a slim gain of 0.1%.

After getting off to a slow start, the top-weighted technology sector (+0.4%) is now showing relative strength. Mega-cap names like Apple (AAPL 157.32, +1.15) and Facebook (FB 172.71, +1.44) hold gains of around 0.8% apiece, while video game developer Activision Blizzard (ATVI 63.05, +1.59) has done even better and is currently the strongest tech component with a gain of 2.5%.

Today's advance places the tech space at the top of the October sector standings with a month-to-date gain of 3.8%. For comparison, the S&P 500 has added 2.0% month to date.

Dow: +178.16… | Nasdaq: +12.60… | S&P: +3.45…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1647/1153. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1588/1164.

09:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The tech-heavy Nasdaq (unch) is struggling to keep pace in early action, while the Dow (+0.7%) continues to exhibit relative strength.

In general, cyclical sectors trade in the green and countercyclical sectors trade in the red this morning. Losses are pretty modest, except for the health care space, which is currently down 1.0%. On the flip side, there are three groups that hold gains of more than 0.5%--financials (+0.8%), industrials (+0.8%), and energy (+0.6%). The energy space is benefiting from the price of crude oil, which is up 0.7% a $52.26 per barrel.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are mixed with shorter-dated issues showing relative strength. The yield on the 2-yr Treasury note is down one basis point at 1.57%, while the benchmark 10-yr yield is up two basis points at 2.40%. Yields move inversely to prices.

Dow: +155.08… | Nasdaq: -0.85… | S&P: +2.30…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1514/1137. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1681/945.

09:45AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices are trading higher in the opening minutes of today's session. The S&P 500 sports a gain of 0.2%, while the Dow outperforms with a gain of 0.7%.

Most sectors are trading in positive territory this morning, led by the industrials (+0.8%) and financials (+0.7%) groups. The industrial space has been helped significantly by Dow components Caterpillar (CAT 138.24, +6.56) and 3M (MMM 231.82, +10.27), which have added 5.0% and 4.2%, respectively, after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues and issuing above-consensus guidance.

On the flip side, the influential health care space (-0.3%) underperforms. Within the group, Biogen (BIIB 313.46, -15.27) shows particular weakness despite beating both top and bottom line estimates in its latest earnings report; BIIB shares are lower by 4.7%.

Dow: +166.92… | Nasdaq: +2.47… | S&P: +3.62…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1634/985. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1726/856.

09:11AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +54721.80.

The stock market is on track to open Tuesday's session modestly higher as the S&P 500 futures trade five points, or 0.2%, above fair value. Dow futures show relative strength, climbing 0.6% above fair value, after several Dow components reported positive earnings results earlier this morning.

Industrial giant Caterpillar (CAT 140.78, +9.10) has surged 6.9% in pre-market action after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues and issuing above-consensus guidance. Similarly, 3M (MMM 228.95, +7.40) is trading solidly higher, adding 3.3%, after also beating both top and bottom line estimates and issuing upbeat earnings guidance. Both names components within the blue-chip average.

Outside of the Dow, Biogen (BIIB 320.02, -8.53) is lower by 2.6% despite reporting better-than-expected profits and sales.

U.S. Treasuries are mostly lower this morning, with longer-dated issues showing relative weakness; the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up three basis points at 2.41%, while the 2-yr yield is flat at 1.58%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is up 0.1% at 93.70, hovering near its October high.

WTI crude futures are up 0.9% at $52.38 per barrel ahead of this afternoon's API inventory report, which will be released at 16:30 ET.

Investors will not receive any economic data on Tuesday.

08:52AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +13.90.

The S&P 500 futures trade six points, or 0.2%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a mixed note, but Japan's Nikkei posted its 16th consecutive advance nonetheless. Japan's Finance Minister Taro Aso gave some insight into how dependent policymakers have become on rising stock prices, noting that the market approves of the government's policies, because stocks 'went up' after the election. China's President Xi Jinping's status has been elevated after party delegates made "Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era" a guiding principle for the Communist party. The move paves the way for President Xi to rule for life. South Korea, Japan, and the U.S. are holding a joint two-day missile tracking exercise.

In economic data:
Japan's October Manufacturing PMI 52.5 (expected 53.1; last 52.9)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei climbed 0.5%. DeNA jumped 7.8% after its partner, Nintendo, hinted at upcoming details about a smartphone game that is being developed by the two companies. SUMCO, Tokyu Fudosan, NEC, Eisai, JTEKT, Kubota, Konami, Mitsubishi, Suzuki Motor, and Ricoh posted gains between 1.7% and 3.5%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng lost 0.5%. Apple supplier AAC Technologies fell 2.7% while property names and financials like China Life Insurance, Henderson Land, New World Development, Ping An Insurance, Hang Seng Bank, Sino Land, Hang Lung Properties, Link Reit, and SHK Properties posted losses between 0.8% and 1.6%.
China's Shanghai Composite added 0.2%. Shanghai Shibei Hi-Tech, Shandong Hualu Hengsheng Chemical, Gansu Qilianshan Cement, and China Grand Automotive Services rose between 2.9% and 4.2%.
India's Sensex edged up 0.3% amid gains in more than half of its components. Asian Paints jumped 4.1% while financials like SBI, ICICI Bank, AXIS Bank, and HDFC Bank rose between 0.1% and 3.6%. Tech consultants lagged with Wipro, Tata Consultancy, and Infosys losing between 0.1% and 1.4%.

Major European indices trade on a modestly higher note while Italy's MIB (+0.9%) outperforms. European Council President Donald Tusk said that it is up to the UK to guide Brexit negotiations to a completion, adding that 'no Brexit' is still an option in the eyes of the EU. This position solidifies the argument that the European Union would prefer to keep the UK as a member state even though EU officials have adopted a 'we don't need you' stance towards Britain. The European Central Bank's lending survey showed an increase in loan demand during the third quarter while credit standards eased.

In economic data:
Eurozone October Manufacturing PMI 58.6 (expected 57.8; last 58.1) and Services PMI 54.9 (expected 55.6; last 55.8)
Germany's October Manufacturing PMI 60.5 (expected 60.2; last 60.6) and Services PMI 55.2 (consensus 55.6; last 55.6)
France's October Manufacturing PMI 56.7 (expected 56.0; last 56.1) and Services PMI 57.4 (expected 56.9; previous 56.1). October Business Survey 111 (expected 110; last 111)
Italy's September non-EU trade surplus EUR3.54 billion (last EUR2.53 billion)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE hovers near its flat line. Consumer names like Pearson, TUI, Unilever, InterContinental Hotels, ITV, Kingfisher, Marks & Spencer, and Next are up between 0.3% and 1.2%.
Germany's DAX is up 0.3% amid gains in more than half of its components. Financials lead with Commerzbank and Deutsche Bank showing respective gains of 4.8% and 2.8%. Volkswagen and Daimler are up 1.5% and 1.1%, respectively, while BMW shows a gain of 0.3%. On the downside, BASF, Merck, and SAP show losses between 0.5% and 1.2%.
France's CAC has added 0.4%. Essilor International has spiked 4.2% after beating earnings expectations while financials like Credit Agricole, AXA, and Societe Generale show gains between 1.2% and 1.5%. Select consumer names trade in negative territory with Carrefour, Accor, L'Oreal, and Danone down between 0.1% and 0.3%.
Italy's MIB outperforms with a gain of 0.9%. Saipem has surged 10.4% after beating expectations while financials like FinecoBank, UBI Banca, Banco Bpm, Banca Generali, Bper Banca, UniCredit, and Banca Mediolanum hold gains between 0.9% and 5.9%.

08:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +6.40.

Dow futures are trading 124 points, or 0.5%, above fair value, thanks to positive earnings reports from several Dow components.

Caterpillar (CAT 140.35, +8.67), 3M (MMM 228.27, +6.72), and United Technologies (UTX 124.00, +3.11) are all trading solidly higher in pre-market action, adding 6.6%, 3.0%, and 2.6%, respectively. All three companies reported better-than-expected earnings and issued above-consensus guidance. Caterpillar and 3M also beat revenue estimates.

Meanwhile, Dow component McDonald's (MCD 121.50, +0.61) is up 0.5% in pre-market trade, despite missing bottom-line estimates.

07:58AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +3.80.

Stocks slipped from record highs on Monday, but look poised to reclaim a portion of their losses at today's opening bell; the S&P 500 futures are trading four points, or 0.2%, above fair value.

Earnings season has heated up this morning and will keep going strong through the end of the week. In general, the results have been somewhat disappointing thus far as the blended growth rate has dropped to 2.0% from an estimate of 2.8% coming into the third quarter earnings season. Just a little more than 100 S&P 500 components have reported their quarterly results so far.

The most notable post-earnings mover this morning has been industrial giant Caterpillar (CAT 141.66, +9.98), which has jumped 7.6% in pre-market trade after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues and issuing above-consensus guidance.

U.S. Treasuries are mixed this morning, with longer-dated issues showing relative weakness. The benchmark 10-yr yield is up one basis point at 2.39%, while the yield on the 2-yr Treasury note is down one basis point at 1.57%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index trades flat at 93.72, hovering near its best level of the month.

WTI crude futures are up 0.6% at $52.23 per barrel, trading near a one-month high. The American Petroleum Institute will release its weekly crude inventory report this afternoon at 16:30 ET, while the official government figures from the Energy Information Administration will cross the wires on Wednesday morning.

Investors will not receive any economic data on Tuesday.

In U.S. corporate news:

Caterpillar (CAT 141.66, +9.98): +7.6% after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues and issuing above-consensus guidance.
3M (MMM 229.83, +8.28): +3.7% after beating profit and sales estimates and issuing upbeat guidance.
Eli Lilly (LLY 89.00, +1.82): +2.1% after reporting above-consensus earnings and revenues and raising its guidance.
General Motors (GM 46.51, +1.36): +2.8% after beating both top and bottom line estimates.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a mixed note, but Japan's Nikkei posted its 16th consecutive advance nonetheless. Japan's Nikkei +0.5%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng -0.5%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.2%, India's Sensex +0.3%.
In economic data:
Japan's October Manufacturing PMI 52.5 (expected 53.1; last 52.9)
In news:
Japan's Finance Minister Taro Aso gave some insight into how dependent policymakers have become on rising stock prices, noting that the market approves of the government's policies, because stocks 'went up' after the election.
China's President Xi Jinping's status has been elevated after party delegates made "Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era" a guiding principle for the Communist party. The move paves the way for President Xi to rule for life.
South Korea, Japan, and the U.S. are holding a joint two-day missile tracking exercise.

Major European indices trade on a modestly higher note while Italy's MIB (+0.7%) outperforms. UK's FTSE unch, Germany's DAX +0.2%, France's CAC +0.3%.
In economic data:
Eurozone October Manufacturing PMI 58.6 (expected 57.8; last 58.1) and Services PMI 54.9 (expected 55.6; last 55.8)
Germany's October Manufacturing PMI 60.5 (expected 60.2; last 60.6) and Services PMI 55.2 (consensus 55.6; last 55.6)
France's October Manufacturing PMI 56.7 (expected 56.0; last 56.1) and Services PMI 57.4 (expected 56.9; previous 56.1). October Business Survey 111 (expected 110; last 111)
Italy's September non-EU trade surplus EUR3.54 billion (last EUR2.53 billion)
In news:
European Council President Donald Tusk said that it is up to the UK to guide Brexit negotiations to a completion, adding that 'no Brexit' is still an option in the eyes of the EU. This position solidifies the argument that the European Union would prefer to keep the UK as a member state even though EU officials have adopted a 'we don't need you' stance towards Britain.
The European Central Bank's lending survey showed an increase in loan demand during the third quarter while credit standards eased.

05:56AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +1.60.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei

...21805...+108.50...+0.50%

Hang Seng

...28155...-151.00...-0.50%

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE

...7521.98...-2.50...0.00%

DAX

...13019.89...+16.80...+0.10%

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks moved lower on Monday, ending a week-long stretch of record finishes. The major indices kept near their flat lines throughout the morning, but tumbled to new lows in the afternoon. The S&P 500 lost 0.4%, while the Nasdaq and the Russell 2000 underperformed, losing 0.6% and 0.8%, respectively. The Dow finished ahead of its peers, but still lost 0.2%.

Earnings season took somewhat of a breather on Monday, but will pick back up Tuesday morning with releases from McDonald's (MCD 163.34, -2.96), 3M (MMM 221.55, +0.23), Caterpillar (CAT 131.68, +0.32), and United Technologies (UTX 120.89, -0.04)--in addition to many other heavyweights.

Still, there were several notable post-earnings movers on Monday, including V.F. Corp (VFC 69.95, +3.57), Seagate Tech (STX 39.35, +4.41), and Hasbro (HAS 89.75, -8.44).

V.F. Corp--which owns apparel brands like Wrangler and The North Face--and disk-drive maker Seagate Tech soared 5.4% and 12.6%, respectively, after reporting better-than-expected earnings and revenues. Conversely, toymaker Hasbro plunged 8.6% after issuing disappointing sales guidance for the holiday season, which overshadowed the company's above-consensus earnings.

Outside of earnings, industrial giant General Electric (GE 22.32, -1.51) dropped 6.3% after both Morgan Stanley and UBS downgraded GE shares on the heels of Friday's underwhelming earnings report. The S&P 500's industrial sector declined by 0.8%, settling alongside the consumer discretionary (-0.7%) and telecom services (-1.0%) groups at the bottom of the sector standings.

Within the consumer discretionary space, Under Armour (UAA 16.85, -0.63) exhibited particular weakness, losing 3.6%, after the Wall Street Journal reported that co-founder Kip Fulks is taking a sabbatical and that the sportswear manufacturer is considering exiting small sports categories such as tennis and fishing.

On a positive note, the heavily-weighted financial sector (-0.1%) held up relatively well, finishing near the top of the day's leaderboard. The countercyclical consumer staples (-0.1%) and utilities (+0.1%) sectors also put together a relatively positive showing. Following Monday's slim victory, the utilities space leads all other groups for the month of October with a month-to-date gain of 3.5%.

Elsewhere, European equities ticked higher on Monday, evidenced by the Euro Stoxx 50 index, which added 0.1%. However, Spain's IBEX (-0.8%) underperformed after Prime Minster Mariano Rajoy invoked Article 155 of Spain's constitution, which allows the central government to take control of the Catalonia region following its vote in favor of independence.

In Asia, Japan's Nikkei rose 1.1% on Monday, marking its 15th consecutive advance--and longest-ever winning streak--after the LDP/Komeito coalition kept its super majority following a national election over the weekend. As a result, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will likely serve another three-year term.

There wasn't much movement in the U.S. Treasury market on Monday, with the benchmark 10-yr yield finishing unchanged at 2.38%. Shorter-dated issues showed relative weakness, sending the 2-yr yield one basis point higher to 1.58%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index jumped 0.2% to 93.75.

Investors did not receive any economic data on Monday, and Tuesday's economic calendar is also blank.

Nasdaq Composite +22.4% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +17.8% YTD
S&P 500 +14.6% YTD
Russell 2000 +10.3% YTD

Dow: -54.67… | Nasdaq: -42.23… | S&P: -10.23…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 832/1630. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1002/1922.

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links will be useful for you. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com