TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: October 11th Wednesday Trade Results - Profits $1075.00
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:43 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
101117-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1075.00.png
101117-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1075.00.png [ 96.58 KiB | Viewed 301 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ 1075.00 dollars or +21.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1075.00 dollars

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis.

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=2668

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review. Although the trades are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis...this is not a signal calling chat room and this is not a live trading room that has a head trader telling you what to do. I'm the moderator (I keep the peace between members) and my own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation in my broker trade execution platform via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility...all key concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Quote:
2017 has been the most difficult trading year since I've begun trading +25 years ago because successful trading involves more than just trade methods than any other trading year. This is a key concept many traders have difficulties in understanding. Some blame it on algorithms while I blame it on the inability to adapt, failure to backtest, failure to document trades (real-money or simulator) and underestimating how our environment influences our cognitive decision making while trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room nor is it a live trading room with a head trader even though members of the chat room are posting their trades & market analysis in real-time. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback about your own trading and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that type of information at another website, blog or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate via script codes when trouble makers, spammers and trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing problematic traders so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled or harassed.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new trade entry rules, new trade management rules, new position size management rules before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=331&t=3532 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
101117-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
101117-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.03 MiB | Viewed 327 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: +42.21… | Nasdaq: +16.30… | S&P: +4.60…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.82 bln… Adv: 1357… Dec: 1411…
NYSE Vol: 742.7 mln… Adv: 1710… Dec: 1169…

Moving the Market

Investors cautious ahead of the start of earnings season

Top-weighted technology sector outperforms amid broad strength

Sector Watch
Strong: Technology, Utilities, Real Estate
Weak: Financials, Industrials, Telecom Services
04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks posted a modest victory on Wednesday ahead of the third quarter earnings season, which will commence on Thursday morning. The three major indices--the S&P 500 (+0.2%), the Nasdaq (+0.3%), and the Dow (+0.2%)--settled the midweek session at fresh record highs, but the small-cap Russell 2000 underperformed, slipping 0.1%.

Investors received the minutes from the September FOMC meeting on Wednesday afternoon, but they contained little to no new information. In short, the minutes showed that the Fed favors staying on a path of gradual rate hikes, although there was growing concern that the factors keeping a lid on inflation may not be transitory after all.

Following the minutes, the CME FedWatch Tool places the chances of a December rate hike at 88.0%--virtually unchanged from the day prior.

The S&P 500's top-weighted technology sector (+0.5%) finished ahead of the broader market on Wednesday, thanks in large part to mega-cap names like Alphabet (GOOGL 1005.65, +17.85), Facebook (FB 172.74, +1.15), and Apple (AAPL 156.55, +0.65), which added 1.8%, 0.7%, and 0.4%, respectively.

Chipmakers outperformed as well, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index (+0.7%) higher for the 11th session in a row.

The influential health care sector (+0.2%) also moved higher on Wednesday, with Dow component Johnson & Johnson (JNJ 136.65, +2.75) leading the charge. The multinational conglomerate jumped 2.1% after submitting a new application to the FDA for its prostate cancer drug apalutamide.

On the down side, industrial giant General Electric (GE 23.07, -0.29) dropped for the third session in a row, losing 1.2%, after JPMorgan lowered its target price to $20 from $22. The industrial sector (unch), which houses GE, finished in negative territory.

The financial space (-0.1%) also underperformed as investors engaged in a little profit taking ahead of some important financial earnings. Heavyweights JPMorgan Chase (JPM 96.84, -0.29) and Citigroup (C 74.94, -0.24) will report their quarterly results on Thursday morning, marking the start of the third quarter earnings season.

In the bond market, the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note finished flat, leaving its yield unchanged at 2.35%.

Reviewing Wednesday's economic data, which included the August Jobs Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) and the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index:

The August Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey showed that job openings decreased to 6.08 million from a revised 6.14 million (from 6.17 million) in July.

The weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index decreased 2.1% to follow last week's 0.4% decline.

On Thursday, investors will receive the Producer Price Index for September (Briefing.com consensus +0.4%) at 8:30 ET, the weekly Initial Claims Report (Briefing.com consensus 255K) also at 8:30 ET, and the Treasury Budget for September at 14:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +22.7% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +15.7% YTD
S&P 500 +14.1% YTD
Russell 2000 +11.0% YTD

Dow: +42.21… | Nasdaq: +16.30… | S&P: +4.60…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1357/1411. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1710/1169.

03:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day slightly lower:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down 0.06% at 84.7701

Dollar index is down 0.35% at 92.94.
Nov WTI crude is higher on the day.

API inventory data will be released after the bell at 4:30pm ET because of the Columbus Day holiday on Monday. EIA petroleum AND natural gas inventory data to be released tomorrow morning at 11am ET and 10:30am ET, respectively.

Futures settled $0.37 higher to $51.26/barrel.
In other energy, Nov natural gas settled down $0.01 at $2.88/MMBtu
On to metals:
Dec gold lost $5.10 to settle at $1288.80/oz, while Sept silver lost $0.04 to $17.14/oz
Dec copper gained $0.04 to $3.10/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn settled $0.03 lower at $3.46/bu.
Nov soy settled $0.01 lower at $9.66/bu.
Dec wheat settled $0.02 lower at $4.33/bu.

Dow: -0.01… | Nasdaq: +0.18… | S&P: +0.11…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1467/1375. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1683/1200.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are still slightly higher this afternoon. The Dow (+0.1%) and the Nasdaq (+0.1%) are both on track to post new record closes while the S&P 500 (+0.1%) sits just one point shy of its record mark.

Earnings season will kick off tomorrow morning when financial heavyweights JPMorgan Chase (JPM 96.51, -0.61) and Citigroup (C 75.07, -0.12) release their quarterly results. Investors will also receive two pieces of economic data on Thursday morning--the Producer Price Index for September (Briefing.com consensus +0.4%) and the weekly Initial Claims Report (Briefing.com consensus 255K)--both of which will be released at 8:30 ET.

Moving into the final stretch of today's session, advancers outnumber decliners 1.3 to 1.0 at the New York Stock Exchange.

Dow: +22.58… | Nasdaq: +8.53… | S&P: +2.00…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1404/1444. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1614/1253.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has had a muted reaction to the minutes from the September FOMC meeting, which were released at the top of the hour. The major U.S. indices continue hovering just a tick above their flat lines, with the S&P 500 sporting a gain of 0.1%.

Overall, the minutes provided little to no new information. Several Fed officials noted that they would like to see stronger evidence of inflation before going ahead with additional rate hikes, however, it's important to remember that the so-called "dot plot"--which was released immediately following the meeting in September--showed that the median FOMC member anticipates an additional rate hike before the year's end and three rate hikes in 2018.

Fed policy makers also noted that the recent hurricanes will likely have just a short-term effect on the U.S. economy.

Dow: +12.51… | Nasdaq: +4.67… | S&P: +1.00…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1409/1448. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1545/1283.

01:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices hover just a tick above their unchanged marks.

Six sectors currently trade in the green--real estate (+0.5%), utilities (+0.3%), consumer staples (+0.3%), technology (+0.2%), health care (+0.1%), and energy (+0.1%)--while five groups trade in the red--consumer discretionary (-0.2%), financials (-0.2%), industrials (-0.2%), materials (-0.3%), and telecom services (-0.7%).

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries trade mixed with shorter-dated issues showing relative weakness. The yield on the 2-yr Treasury note is up one basis point at 1.52% while the benchmark 10-yr yield is down one basis point at 2.34%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is down 0.2% at 92.93.

As a reminder, the minutes from the September FOMC meeting will be released shortly at 14:00 ET.

Dow: +6.88… | Nasdaq: +4.76… | S&P: +0.86…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1402/1422. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1550/1284.

01:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue to sport small gains at this time as stocks trade in a narrow range ahead of the expected release of minutes from the FOMC's September meeting at the bottom of the hour.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Wal-Mart (WMT 86.11, +1.98), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ 136.61, +2.71), & McDonald's (MCD 162.74, +2.16) are outperforming. Wal-Mart is again leading the Dow higher as investors continue to cheer yesterday's news and outlook, while J&J is advancing after being upgraded to Buy at Jefferies.

Conversely, General Electric (GE 22.93, -0.43) is the worst-performing Dow component as shares see a further extension of their months-long weakness on renewed concerns the company may have the cut its dividend.

Amid sideways trading, the DJIA is up 0.29% this week.

Elsewhere, at the top of the hour, the Treasury's $20 bln 10-year Treasury reopening drew a high-yield of 2.346% on a bid-to-cover of 2.54.

Dow: +12.03… | Nasdaq: +4.91… | S&P: +1.06…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1409/1448. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1531/1301.

01:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks are little changed this afternoon as investors await the 14:00 ET release of the minutes from the September FOMC meeting. The major indices have been drifting between slim gains and losses throughout the session and currently hover near the top of today's narrow trading range. The S&P 500 is up 0.1%, trading just a tick below its all-time high (2,555.23).

Most of the S&P 500's 11 sectors are trading in positive territory, but gains have been limited. The top-weighted technology space (+0.3%) is among the strongest groups, thanks in large part to gains from Facebook (FB 172.35, +0.76), Apple (AAPL 156.65, +0.75), and Alphabet (GOOGL 1001.88, +14.15), which are up 0.4%, 0.5%, and 1.4%, respectively.

Credit Suisse upgraded the target prices of Facebook and Alphabet to $235 and $1350, respectively, early this morning.

The consumer staples sector (+0.3%) also trades ahead of the broader market, helped by Kroger (KR 21.42, +0.89), which is up 4.3% after announcing that it is considering selling its convenience store business, which includes 784 KwikShop, Tom Thumb, and QuickStop stores across 18 states. The company also reaffirmed its guidance for 2017.

On the down side, 21st Century Fox (FOXA 26.10, -0.65) weighs on the consumer discretionary space (-0.1%) after the U.S. men's soccer team failed to qualify for the World Cup for the first time since the 1986 cycle. Fox, which is down 2.5%, owns the English-language broadcasting rights for the 2018 World Cup.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are modestly higher this afternoon after Chicago Fed President Charles Evans suggested that a December rate hike is not yet a done deal. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is down one basis point at 2.34%.

Reviewing Wednesday's economic data, which included the Jobs Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) for August and the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index:

The August Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey showed that job openings decreased to 6.08 million from a revised 6.14 million (from 6.17 million) in July.
The weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index decreased 2.1% to follow last week's 0.4% decline.

Ahead of the FOMC minutes release, the CME FedWatch Tool places the chances of a December rate hike at 88.0%.

Dow: +11.70… | Nasdaq: +5.08… | S&P: +1.07…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1411/1424. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1543/1288.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have been ticking up in recent action, sending the S&P 500 (+0.1%) to a fresh session high.

21st Century Fox (FOXA 26.17, -0.60), which owns the English-language broadcasting rights for the 2018 World Cup, is struggling today after the U.S. men's soccer team failed to qualify for the event for the first time since the 1986 cycle. FOXA shares are down 2.2%, hovering at their lowest level in a month.

The S&P 500's consumer discretionary sector, which houses Fox, is struggling as a whole, showing a loss of 0.1%. The group currently trades at the bottom of the week's leaderboard with a week-to-date loss of 0.5%. For comparison, the S&P 500 is sporting a week-to-date gain of 0.1%.

Dow: +23.68… | Nasdaq: +7.45… | S&P: +2.05…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1575/1257. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1601/1212.

12:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have not changed since the last update.

Kroger (KR 21.60, +1.07) has surged 5.2% in today's session after announcing that it is considering selling its convenience store business, which includes 784 KwikShop, Tom Thumb, and QuickStop stores across 18 states. The company also reaffirmed its guidance for 2017.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are trading higher across the curve after Chicago Fed President Charles Evans suggested that a December rate hike is not yet a done deal. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is down one basis point at 2.34%.

As a reminder, the minutes from the September FOMC meeting will be released at 14:00 ET.

Dow: +6.56… | Nasdaq: +4.51… | S&P: +0.06…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1496/1307. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1549/1244.

11:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Dow Jones Industrial Average is up 0.1% this morning, looking to post a new record close for the second day in a row.

Within the Dow, health care giant Johnson & Johnson (JNJ 136.28, +2.38) is the top performer, adding 1.8% after Jefferies upgraded JNJ shares to 'Buy' from 'Hold' earlier this morning. Meanwhile, Wal-Mart (WMT 85.31, +1.18) and McDonald's (MCD 162.57, +2.03) also show notable strength, climbing around 1.3% apiece.

On the flip side, several Dow components hold losses in excess of 1.0%, including General Electric (GE 23.08, -0.27), Intel (INTC 39.09, -0.57), Nike (NKE 50.93, -0.60), Merck (MRK 63.63, -0.83), and Walt Disney (DIS 98.32, -1.26).

For the week, the Dow holds a gain of 0.3%.

Dow: +10.66… | Nasdaq: +2.30… | S&P: -0.40…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1523/1255. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1539/1230.

11:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are trading just a tick above their flat lines this morning, with the Nasdaq (+0.1%) showing relative strength.

Only four of the eleven sectors currently trade in positive territory, but one of those four is the top-weighted technology sector (+0.2%), which wields great influence over the broader market. Mega-cap names like Apple (AAPL 156.71, +0.79), Facebook (FB 172.28, +0.67), and Alphabet (GOOGL 997.02, +9.22) are largely to thank for the sector's modest advance.

However, PayPal (PYPL 67.69, +1.66) is the tech group's top performer, adding 2.6% after Morgan Stanley upgraded PYPL shares to 'Overweight' from 'Equal-Weight.'

On the flip side, the heavily-weighted financial sector (-0.3%) trades near the bottom of today's sector standings. Financial heavyweights JPMorgan Chase (JPM 96.51, -0.62) and Citigroup (C 75.00, -0.17) will deliver their quarterly reports tomorrow morning, marking the start of the third quarter earnings season.

Dow: +12.28… | Nasdaq: +5.36… | S&P: +0.46…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1503/1261. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1525/1196.

10:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day nearly flat:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down 0.04% at 84.7828
Dollar index is down 0.26% at 93.05.
Nov WTI crude is lower this morning.
API inventory data will be released at 4:30pm ET.
Futures are $0.04 lower to $50.88/barrel.
In other energy, Oct natural gas is up $0.044 at $2.935 /MMBtu
Metals performed well with precious metals and copper settling higher
Dec gold lost $1.50 and trades at $1292.30/oz, while Sept silver dropped $0.042 to $17.165/oz
Sept copper gained $0.0165 to $3.077/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn is down $0.02 at $3.4725/bu.
Nov soy is up $0.005 at $9.665/bu.
Dec wheat is down $0.04 at $4.3125/bu.

Dow: -1.72… | Nasdaq: +6.34… | S&P: +0.55…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1399/1329. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1449/1231.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (-0.1%) trades just a tick below its flat line.

Just in, the August Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey showed that job openings decreased to 6.08 million from a revised 6.14 million (from 6.17 million) in July.

Dow: +2.33… | Nasdaq: -3.24… | S&P: -1.58…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1387/1288. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1361/1275.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are trading flat in the opening minutes of today's session.

Most sectors are currently hovering within 0.2% of their unchanged marks. The consumer staples (+0.3%) and utilities (+0.3%) spaces show relative strength while the influential financial group (-0.5%) shows relative weakness. The top-weighted technology sector trades flat.

The Jobs Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) for August will be released at 10:00 ET.

Dow: +2.34… | Nasdaq: -4.27… | S&P: -0.48…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1200/1378. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1414/1113.

09:10AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -1.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -3.90.

The stock market looks poised to open Wednesday's session slightly lower as the S&P 500 futures currently trade one point below fair value.

Investors will receive the minutes from the September FOMC meeting this afternoon at 14:00 ET and will analyze the wording carefully, looking for anything that might adjust their rate-hike expectations. The CME FedWatch Tool currently places the chances of a December rate hike at 93.1%.

In addition, investors will receive the Jobs Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) for August at 10:00 ET.

On the corporate front, Delta Air Lines (DAL 53.60, +0.90) has climbed 1.7% in pre-market action after reporting better-than-expected earnings and issuing above-consensus PRASM guidance for the fourth quarter. Conversely, Micron (MU 40.95, -0.96) is down 2.3% after announcing that it will offer $1 billion worth of common shares in a public stock offering.

U.S. Treasuries are modestly higher this morning, pushing yields into the red; the benchmark 10-yr yield is down one basis point at 2.34%.

Also of note, the Department of Energy's weekly crude inventory report will be released tomorrow instead of today due to the Columbus Day holiday. WTI crude futures are up 0.3% at $51.06/bbl, extending their week-to-date advance to 3.6%. The commodity currently hovers at its best level in over a week.

08:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -6.70.

The S&P 500 futures trade two points, or 0.1%, below fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Wednesday on a mixed note. China's Ministry of Finance will offer $2 billion in 5-yr and 10-yr sovereign notes, marking the first dollar-denominated offering in 13 years. China National Development and Reform Commission deputy chief Ning Jizhe said that property curbs with long-lasting effects will be imposed. Press reports in Japan speculated about the future of Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda in the event Prime Minster Shinzo Abe is not reelected. The lower house election will take place on October 22.

In economic data:
Japan's August Core Machinery Orders +3.4% month-over-month (expected 1.1%; last 8.0%); +4.4% year-over-year (consensus 0.8%; last -7.5%). Machine Tool Orders +45.3% year-over-year (last 36.2%)
Australia's October Westpac Consumer Confidence +3.6% (last +2.5%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei added 0.3%, settling at its highest level since the end of 1996. Pacific Metals, Sumitomo Metal Mining, Furukawa Electric, Okuma, Fanuc, Kikkoman, Eisai, and Mitsubishi Electric gained between 1.0% and 3.8%. On the downside, Kobe Steel plunged 36.0%, continuing its slide after admitting to false claims about some of its aluminum and copper products.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng lost 0.4% with property names leading the retreat. Henderson Land, SHK Properties, China Overseas, Sino Land, and New World Development lost between 0.8% and 4.6%. Gaming names like Sands China and Galaxy Entertainment lost 3.0% and 1.9%, respectively.
China's Shanghai Composite added 0.2%. Guizhou Wire Rope, YUD Yangtze River Investment Industry, Sichuan Tuopai Shede Wine, and Nanjing Textiles Import & Export gained between 4.5% and 6.0%.
India's Sensex slipped 0.3%. Tata Motors, Dr. Reddy's Labs, Lupin, Maruti Suzuki, and Larsen & Toubro posted losses between 0.8% and 2.0%. Financials also lagged with HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, and SBI losing between 0.7% and 2.0%.

Major European indices trade near their flat lines while Spain's IBEX (+1.3%) outperforms. Catalan President Carles Puigdemont declared independence for Catalonia yesterday, but suspended it immediately to give Madrid a chance to accept mediation. Spain's Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy said that Mr. Puigdemont will be asked to confirm the declaration. If the declaration is confirmed, Madrid is prepared to invoke Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution, suspending home rule in Catalonia. Policymakers at the European Central Bank have reportedly agreed to hold rates at their current levels well past the end of the asset purchase program.

In economic data:
Spain's September CPI +0.2% month-over-month, as expected (last 0.2%); +1.8% year-over-year, as expected (last 1.8%)

---Equity Markets---

France's CAC is lower by 0.2%. Credit Agricole is the weakest performer, falling 1.7%, while AXA, Societe Generale, and BNP Paribas show losses between 0.5% and 0.9%. Consumer names like Kering, L'Oreal, Danone, and Louis Vuitton are up between 0.1% and 1.4%.
UK's FTSE is down 0.1%. Mondi has slid 7.7% in reaction to a profit warning while miners like BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, Antofagasta, and Fresnillo show losses between 0.2% and 1.1%. On the upside, consumer names like Paddy Power, Unilever, Tesco, InterContinental Hotels, and Associated British Foods show gains between 0.1% and 1.3%.
Germany's DAX sits just above its flat line. Utilities RWE and E.On outperform with respective gains of 3.0% and 2.4% while heavyweights like Lufthansa, Volkswagen, Daimler, Commerzbank, and Merck are up between 0.2% and 1.2%.
Spain's IBEX has climbed 1.3% amid broad strength. Gamesa, Endesa, Iberdrola, BBVA, Telefonica, Banco Sabadell, Bankia, and Mediaset have added between 1.2% and 3.6%.

08:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -8.60.

The S&P 500 futures trade two points, or 0.1%, below fair value.

Earnings season will unofficially kick off tomorrow morning when financial heavyweights JPMorgan Chase (JPM 97.00, -0.13) and Citigroup (C 75.08, -0.10) release their quarterly results. According to FactSet, S&P 500 earnings are expected to increase just 2.8%, down from an estimated growth rate of 7.5% on June 30. Hurricane-related insurance claims have been the biggest driver of the downward revision.

Delta Air Lines (DAL 53.70, +1.00) and BlackRock (BLK 463.00, -2.49) both reported better-than-expected earnings this morning, but are trading mixed in pre-market action. DAL shares have climbed 1.9% while BLK shares have dropped 0.3%.

07:56AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -7.90.

The U.S. equity market broke a two-session losing streak with a modest victory on Tuesday, but investors have hit the brakes this morning ahead of the release of the minutes from the September FOMC meeting, which will cross the wires at 14:00 ET. The S&P 500 futures are trading three points, or 0.1%, below fair value.

At the September FOMC meeting, the Fed's so-called "dot plot" revealed that the median FOMC member still anticipates an additional rate hike in 2017 and three rate hikes in 2018, despite persistently tepid inflation data. The market adjusted its rate-hike expectations accordingly and a hotter-than-expected average hourly earnings figure last Friday strengthened conviction even further.

Going into today's minutes release, the CME FedWatch Tool places the chances of a December rate hike at 93.1%.

Elsewhere on the data front, the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index decreased 2.1% to follow last week's 0.4% decline. The third and final piece of data on today's economic calendar is the Jobs Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) for August, which will be released at 10:00 ET.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are trading flat this morning, leaving the benchmark 10-yr yield unchanged at 2.35%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is down 0.1% at 93.00 as the greenback trades 0.1% lower against the euro at 1.1825.

In U.S. corporate news:

Delta Air Lines (DAL 53.50, +0.80): +1.5% after reporting better-than-expected earnings and issuing above-consensus PRASM guidance for Q4.
BlackRock (BLK 475.02, +9.53): +2.1% after beating both top and bottom line estimates.
PayPal (PYPL 66.86, +0.82): +1.2% after Morgan Stanley upgraded the company to 'Overweight' from 'Equal-Weight.'
Micron (MU 40.74, -1.26): -3.0% after announcing that it will offer $1 billion worth of common shares in a public stock offering.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Wednesday on a mixed note. Japan's Nikkei +0.3%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng -0.4%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.2%, India's Sensex -0.3%.
In economic data:
Japan's August Core Machinery Orders +3.4% month-over-month (expected 1.1%; last 8.0%); +4.4% year-over-year (consensus 0.8%; last -7.5%). Machine Tool Orders +45.3% year-over-year (last 36.2%)
Australia's October Westpac Consumer Confidence +3.6% (last +2.5%)
In news:
China's Ministry of Finance will offer $2 billion in 5-yr and 10-yr sovereign notes, marking the first dollar-denominated offering in 13 years.
China National Development and Reform Commission deputy chief Ning Jizhe said that property curbs with long-lasting effects will be imposed.
Press reports in Japan speculated about the future of Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda in the event Prime Minster Shinzo Abe is not reelected. The lower house election will take place on October 22.

Major European indices trade near their flat lines while Spain's IBEX (+1.6%) outperforms. France's CAC -0.1%, UK's FTSE unch, Germany's DAX unch.
In economic data:
Spain's September CPI +0.2% month-over-month, as expected (last 0.2%); +1.8% year-over-year, as expected (last 1.8%)
In news:
Catalan President Carles Puigdemont declared independence for Catalonia yesterday, but suspended it immediately to give Madrid a chance to accept mediation. Spain's Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy said that Mr. Puigdemont will be asked to confirm the declaration. If the declaration is confirmed, Madrid is prepared to invoke Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution, suspending home rule in Catalonia.
Policymakers at the European Central Bank have reportedly agreed to hold rates at their current levels well past the end of the asset purchase program.

06:10AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -7.00.
06:09AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei

...20,881.27...+57.80

...+0.30%

. Hang Seng

...28,389.57...-101.30

...-0.40%

06:09AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE

...7,532.24...-0.60

...-0.10%

. DAX

...12,952.50...+3.30

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities bounced back from back-to-back losses on Tuesday, but the performance was somewhat disappointing considering the major U.S. indices hit their session highs in the opening minutes and petered out shortly thereafter. All three major averages touched new all-time highs, but the Dow (+0.3%) was the only one to finish at a new record mark. The S&P 500 and the Nasdaq added 0.2% and 0.1%, respectively.

The S&P 500's consumer staples sector moved higher by 1.0% on Tuesday, with the world's largest retailer leading the advance. Wal-Mart (WMT 84.13, +3.60) surged 4.5%, settling at its highest level in more than two years, after reaffirming its guidance for fiscal year 2018, announcing a $20 billion share repurchase program, and projecting a 40.0% increase in next year's online sales.

Amazon (AMZN 987.20, -3.79) slipped 0.4% following Wal-Mart's ambitious ecommerce forecast, breaking a four session winning streak.

Meanwhile, multinational giant Procter & Gamble (PG 91.62, -0.50) was one of just a few components within the consumer staples space to finish Tuesday in negative territory. P&G shares lost 0.5% after shareholders narrowly voted against giving activist investor Nelson Peltz a seat on the company's board. Mr. Peltz plans to challenge the vote.

Airlines outperformed on Tuesday, sending the U.S. Global Jets ETF (JETS 31.34, +0.56) higher by 1.8%, after American Airlines (AAL 53.05, +2.43) and United Continental (UAL 67.72, +3.02) raised their third quarter guidance. The two names settled with gains of 4.8% and 4.7%, respectively, helping the Dow Jones Transportation Average climb 0.6%.

The lightly-weighted utilities space (+1.0%) finished in line with the consumer staples group at the top of the sector standings. Seven other sectors also advanced, but they finished with more modest gains, adding no more than 0.4%. The consumer discretionary sector (-0.1%) was the lone decliner while the lightly-weighted materials space finished flat.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries moved higher on Tuesday, leaving yields below their unchanged marks. The 2-yr yield and the 10-yr yield slipped two basis points apiece, settling at 1.51% and 2.35%, respectively. Meanwhile, the U.S. dollar dropped 0.5% against the euro to 1.1804 despite the ongoing situation in Spain.

Catalan President Carles Puigdemont was expected to declare independence from Spain on Tuesday, but gave Madrid a chance to accept mediation instead. As a reminder, Catalonia voted to split from Spain on October 1, but the Spanish central government has refused to recognize the results.

Also of note, WTI crude futures rallied on Tuesday, jumping 2.6% to $50.86/bbl. The bullish sentiment was attributed to several factors, including Saudi Arabia's announcement that it will cut its monthly exports in November. However, the energy sector only advanced 0.1%.

Investors did not receive any notable economic data on Tuesday.

On Wednesday, market participants will receive the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index at 7:00 ET, the Jobs Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) for August at 10:00 ET, and the minutes from the September 19-20 FOMC meeting at 14:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +22.4% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +15.5% YTD
S&P 500 +13.9% YTD
Russell 2000 +11.1% YTD

Dow: +69.61… | Nasdaq: +7.52… | S&P: +5.91…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1613/1092. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1873/1013.

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links will be useful for you. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com