TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: October 5th Thursday Trade Results - Profits $1375.00
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:22 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
100517-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1375.00.png
100517-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1375.00.png [ 96.91 KiB | Viewed 824 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $1375.00 dollars or +27.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1375.00 dollars

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis.

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log is archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=2664

All of my trades are posted real-time at the above link for today's archive chat log in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review. Although the trades are posted by me and other users of WRB Analysis...this is not a signal calling chat room. My own live trades are posted within 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum.

Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your quantitative statistical analysis, brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post that particular information in your private thread for security reasons. Yet, if you want to post that information at another website or chat room...that's your choice.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps, many different types of social media software can be used to log in along with IRC being easier to moderate when trolls show up. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing trouble makers so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell nor do we allow the free chat room to be used for mentoring because we do not offer a mentoring service. The purpose of TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. If you join the free chat room and then you decide to not post any WRB Analysis about the price action or you decide to not post your trades or you decide to be silent (lurk without saying a word about today's markets)...you're not using the free chat room properly to help improve your trading.

In fact, we do not want silent (lurkers) traders to join the free chat room unless they are actively posting at the forum about their trading after the markets close. Access instructions for the free chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new entries, new trade management, new position size management before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=331&t=3532 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
100517-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
100517-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.06 MiB | Viewed 294 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: +113.75… | Nasdaq: +50.73… | S&P: +14.33…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.88 bln… Adv: 1535… Dec: 1111…
NYSE Vol: 745.8 mln… Adv: 1771… Dec: 1136…

Moving the Market

Bullish sentiment continues to linger, pushing stocks to new record highs

Top-weighted technology and financials sectors show relative strength

Sector Watch
Strong: Financials, Technology
Weak: Industrials, Health Care, Utilities, Telecom Services
04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] U.S. stock indices rallied to new record highs once again on Thursday, marking the sixth consecutive record finish for the S&P 500 (+0.6%)--its longest streak since 1997. The index's two most influential sectors--technology (+1.1%) and financials (+1.0%)--set the pace, but the win was a team effort as nine of the eleven sectors finished in the green.

The tech-heavy Nasdaq (+0.8%) settled a step ahead of the benchmark index while the Dow (+0.5%) settled just a tick behind. The small-cap Russell 2000 (+0.3%) also finished in the green, bouncing back from Wednesday's modest decline.

Beer, wine, and spirits producer Constellation Brands (STZ 209.25, +8.07), which owns the Corona brand, climbed to a new record high on Thursday after soundly beating earnings estimates for its fiscal second quarter and raising its earnings guidance for fiscal year 2018; STZ shares finished higher by 4.0%.

Meanwhile, Netflix (NFLX 194.39, +9.94) surged 5.4%, also hitting a new all-time high, after announcing an upcoming price hike for its video-streaming services. Fellow consumer discretionary peer Amazon (AMZN 980.85, +15.40) also advanced (+1.6%), settling above its 50-day simple moving average (972.78) for the first time in three weeks.

However, a Bloomberg report that Amazon is testing its own delivery service weighed on logistics names like UPS (UPS 118.20, -0.80) and FedEx (FDX 221.61, +0.29).

The S&P 500's influential health care sector (+0.1%) struggled to keep pace with the broader market on Thursday. Biotech giant Celgene (CELG 140.01, -6.51) exhibited particular weakness (-4.4%) after Morgan Stanley downgraded the company's shares to 'Underweight' from 'Equal-Weight.'

Thursday's risk-on tone was felt in other financial markets as well, sending safe-haven assets--like U.S. Treasuries--into the red. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note settled two basis points higher at 2.35%. On a related note, the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 9.22, -0.41) finished at a new record low for the first time since 1993.

In Washington, the House passed a $4.1 trillion budget that slashes spending over ten years, thereby paving the way for tax reform. However, the Senate still has to pass a budget of its own and, given the GOP's slim majority in the upper chamber, it may look quiet a bit different than the version the House passed today.

Also, the Senate confirmed Randal Quarles as a member of the Federal Reserve board. This was seen as a positive for the market as Mr. Quarles has indicated that he wants to scale back bank regulations.

Reviewing Thursday's economic data, which included weekly Initial Claims, August Trade Balance, and August Factory Orders:

The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 260,000 while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 265,000. Today's tally was below the unrevised prior week count of 272,000. As for continuing claims, they declined to 1.938 million from the revised count of 1.940 million (from 1.934 million).
The initial claims reading was impacted by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, but notably, it remained below 300,000 for the 135th straight week. That standing reflects continued tightness in the labor market and a general reluctance on the part of employers to cut payrolls at this juncture.
The August trade balance showed a deficit of $42.4 billion while the Briefing.com consensus expected the deficit to hit $42.6 billion. The previous month's deficit was revised to $43.6 billion from $43.7 billion.
The key takeaway from the report is that it suggests net exports will remain a positive contributor to third quarter GDP forecasts. To that end, the third quarter real trade deficit average of $61.8 billion is roughly 1% below the second quarter average.
The Factory Orders Report for August showed an increase of 1.2% while the Briefing.com consensus expected a rise of 1.0%. The July reading was left at -3.3%.
The key takeaway from the report is that it will bolster Q3 GDP expectations given the upward revision from the advanced durable goods orders report for shipments of nondefense capital goods orders excluding aircraft.

On Friday, investors will receive the Employment Situation Report for September at 8:30 ET. Economists polled by Briefing.com expect the jobs report will show the addition of 75,000 nonfarm payrolls, an increase of 0.2% in average hourly earnings, and an unemployment rate of 4.4%.

In addition, August Wholesale Inventories (Briefing.com consensus +1.0%) and August Consumer Credit (Briefing.com consensus $16.0 billion) will be released at 10:00 ET and 15:00 ET, respectively.

Dow: +113.75… | Nasdaq: +50.73… | S&P: +14.33…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1535/1111. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1771/1136.

03:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day higher:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up 0.75% at 84.5847
Dollar index is up 0.54% at 93.96.
Nov WTI crude is higher on the day.
Futures settled $0.79 higher to $50.78/barrel.
In other energy, Nov natural gas settled down $0.02 at $2.92/MMBtu
On to metals:
Dec gold lost $1.40 to settle at $1273.20/oz, while Sept silver dropped $0.01 to $16.64/oz
Dec copper gained $0.09 to $3.05/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn settled $0.01 higher at $3.49/bu.
Nov soy settled $0.11 higher at $9.69/bu.
Dec wheat settled $0.01 lower at $4.41/bu.

Dow: +104.04… | Nasdaq: +48.77… | S&P: +13.59…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1586/1146. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1739/1140.

02:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks hover at their best marks of the day moving into the final stretch. All three major indices are on track to close at record highs.

On the earnings front, Costco (COST 166.53, +1.32) will deliver its fiscal fourth quarter results following today's closing bell. The company, which is the world's second largest retailer after Wal-Mart (WMT 79.60, +0.51), has had a nice six week run ahead of today's release, climbing 10.0% since August 24.

Then, on Friday morning, investors will receive the Employment Situation Report for September. Economists polled by Briefing.com expect the jobs report will show the addition of 75,000 nonfarm payrolls, an increase of 0.2% in average hourly earnings, and an unemployment rate of 4.4%.

Dow: +93.92… | Nasdaq: +42.82… | S&P: +12.84…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1672/1102. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1791/1076.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (+0.5%) continues hovering at its recent level, preserving its week-to-date gain of 1.2%.

Chipmakers have struggled today, putting the PHLX Semiconductor Index (-0.1%) in danger of posting its first loss in over a week. NVIDIA (NVDA 179.90, -0.97) shows particular weakness (-0.5%), ignoring Loop Capital's decision to increase the company's target price to $205 from $181.

Still, the S&P 500's technology sector (+0.8%) has managed to outperform the broader market, thanks in large part to sizable gains from mega-cap names like Apple (AAPL 154.85, +1.36), Microsoft (MSFT 75.88, +1.19), Facebook (FB 170.54, +2.12), and Alphabet (GOOGL 982.09, +15.31).

For the week, the technology sector trades a step behind the S&P 500, sporting a week-to-date gain of 1.0%.

Dow: +96.20… | Nasdaq: +38.45… | S&P: +12.69…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1682/1107. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1830/1038.

01:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have added between 0.5% and 0.6% in today's session, extending the record highs they set yesterday.

Transport names aren't doing so hot, however, evidenced by the Dow Jones Transportation Average, which is down 0.2%. UPS (UPS 117.74, -1.26) is one of the weakest components within the DJTA, losing 1.1% on the heels of a Bloomberg report that Amazon (AMZN 977.13, +11.68) has been testing its own delivery service.

The internet retail giant currently relies heavily on UPS for package delivery.

Meanwhile, the S&P 500's industrial sector, which houses many transport names, is hovering right in line with the broader market. Industrial conglomerates like General Electric (GE 24.55, +0.06), Honeywell (HON 143.23, +0.69), and United Technology (UTX 118.26, +0.63) have helped pick up transports' slack; the three names hold gains between 0.3% and 0.5%.

Aerospace and defense names are also in the green, with General Dynamics (GD 213.26, +2.80) adding 1.3%.

Dow: +103.86… | Nasdaq: +41.08… | S&P: +13.10…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1715/1081. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1851/997.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] After consistently grinding higher throughout the morning, the major U.S. indices have stalled, currently sporting their modest gains as stocks again reach record highs.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Goldman Sachs (GS 245.68, +5.37), JP Morgan (JPM 97.37, +1.57), & Microsoft (MSFT 75.74, +1.05) are outperforming. Goldman & JP Morgan are among the Dow's top gainers as the financial sectors leads the broader market higher in today's session while Microsoft is benefiting after shares were upgraded to Buy from Hold by analysts at Canaccord Genuity.

Conversely, UnitedHealth Group (UNH 197.69, -2.79) is the worst-performing Dow component as shares cool off following their recent run to all-time highs.

As stocks continue their rally, the DJIA is quickly up 1.6% to kick off the fourth quarter.

Dow: +95.33… | Nasdaq: +12.95… | S&P: +38.33…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1717/1077. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1823/988.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has been in a slow and steady climb since the opening bell, extending its all-time high with every upward tick. The major indices hold gains between 0.4% and 0.6%.

Nine of the S&P 500's eleven sectors are trading in the green this afternoon, with the top-weighted technology (+0.9%) and financials (+1.0%) spaces setting the pace. The financial sector's positive performance is really a continuation of a bullish run that began in early September, during which the sector has added 10.5%.

As for technology, today's advance extends its year-to-date gain to 27.2%, which places it comfortably at the top of the 2017 leaderboard--a spot it's held virtually all year.

On the flip side, the influential health care sector (-0.2%) is hovering near the bottom of today's sector standings, trimming its week-to-date gain to 1.2%. Biotechnology giant Celgene (CELG 138.04, -8.48) is pacing the retreat, plunging 5.8%, after Morgan Stanley downgraded the company's shares to 'Underweight' from 'Equal-Weight' this morning.

In other corporate news, UPS (UPS 117.52, -1.48) and FedEx (FDX 221.19, -0.13) are down 1.3% and 0.1%, respectively, following news that Amazon (AMZN 975.86, +10.41) is testing its own delivery service. The internet retail giant currently relies heavily on UPS and FedEx to deliver packages to its customers.

On the earnings front, Constellation Brands (STZ 208.92, +7.74) is up 3.9% after beating bottom-line estimates and raising its earnings guidance for fiscal year 2018.

Outside of the equity market, U.S. Treasuries are trading lower, hovering at fresh session lows. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up two basis points at 2.35%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is drifting near its best mark of the day, up 0.5% at 93.75.

In Washington, the Senate confirmed Randal Quarles as a member of the Federal Reserve board. Mr. Quarles has previously indicated that he would like to see bank regulations scaled back--which is seen as a positive for the market.

Also of note, WTI crude futures are up 1.5% at $50.74/bbl, bouncing back from recent weakness, as Saudi Arabia's King Salman became the first sitting Saudi monarch to visit Russia. The two countries, which are the world's top two oil producers, are expected to discuss a possible extension of the current OPEC/non-OPEC production cut agreement.

Reviewing Thursday's economic data, which included weekly Initial Claims, August Trade Balance, and August Factory Orders:

The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 260,000 while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 265,000. Today's tally was below the unrevised prior week count of 272,000. As for continuing claims, they declined to 1.938 million from the revised count of 1.940 million (from 1.934 million).
The initial claims reading was impacted by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, but notably, it remained below 300,000 for the 135th straight week. That standing reflects continued tightness in the labor market and a general reluctance on the part of employers to cut payrolls at this juncture.
The August trade balance showed a deficit of $42.4 billion while the Briefing.com consensus expected the deficit to hit $42.6 billion. The previous month's deficit was revised to $43.6 billion from $43.7 billion.
The key takeaway from the report is that it suggests net exports will remain a positive contributor to third quarter GDP forecasts. To that end, the third quarter real trade deficit average of $61.8 billion is roughly 1% below the second quarter average.
The Factory Orders Report for August showed an increase of 1.2% while the Briefing.com consensus expected a rise of 1.0%. The July reading was left at -3.3%.

Dow: +91.65… | Nasdaq: +36.60… | S&P: +12.06…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1721/1067. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1868/958.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have continued climbing this afternoon, extending their record intraday highs. The S&P 500 is higher by 0.5%.

Nine sectors are currently trading in the green--financials (+1.0%), technology (+0.8%), real estate (+0.7%), consumer staples (+0.6%), consumer discretionary (+0.5%), energy (+0.4%), materials (+0.4%), industrials (+0.3%), and telecom services (+0.1%)--while two sectors are trading in the red--health care (-0.2%) and utilities (-0.3%).

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are trading lower, hovering at fresh session lows. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is up two basis points at 2.35%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index is drifting near its best mark of the day, up 0.5% at 93.76.

Dow: +98.42… | Nasdaq: +40.42… | S&P: +13.26…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1820/946. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1946/873.

12:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have been ticking up as of late, pushing the major averages to new session highs. The S&P 500 now holds a gain of 0.4%.

The heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.9%) has moved into the top spot on today's leaderboard, underpinned by broad strength. Banking heavyweights like Goldman Sachs (GS 243.51, +3.20), Bank of America (BAC 25.99, +0.29), and Citigroup (C 75.08, +1.02) hold gains of more than 1.0% apiece.

For the week, today's advance puts the financial space 1.8% above where it settled last Friday. For comparison, the S&P 500 holds a week-to-date gain of 1.1%.

Outside of the equity market, WTI crude futures have jumped 2.3% to $51.15/bbl, bouncing back from three straight days of losses. Russian President Vladimir Putin hosted Saudi Arabia's King Salman today, marking the first time a sitting Saudi monarch has visited the Kremlin. The two countries are the top oil producers in the world.

Dow: +79.72… | Nasdaq: +27.00… | S&P: +10.27…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1788/993. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1946/872.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue hovering near their recent levels with the Nasdaq (+0.3%) leading the modest advance.

The heavily-weighted health care sector (-0.3%) has been the weakest group so far today, trimming its week-to-date gain to 1.1%. Biotechnology giant Celgene (CELG 138.66, -7.88) is pacing the health care retreat, plunging 5.5%, after Morgan Stanley downgraded the company's shares to 'Underweight' from 'Equal-Weight' earlier this morning.

Unsurprisingly, the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 339.49, -1.11) is trading in the red, showing a loss of 0.3%.

Elsewhere within the sector, health care providers are also underperforming with names like UnitedHealth (UNH 197.36, -3.11) and Aetna (AET 161.57, -1.63) holding losses of 1.6% and 1.0%, respectively. The two companies haven't finished in the red since September 25.

Dow: +44.69… | Nasdaq: +20.63… | S&P: +6.50…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1699/1060. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1807/959.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices hold modest gains this morning as they hover at fresh record highs. The S&P 500 is up 0.2%.

Just about all of the S&P 500's 11 sectors are trading in the green, but gains have been limited; no sector holds a gain of more than 0.6%. The top-weighted technology (+0.4%) and financials (+0.4%) sectors exhibit relative strength, helping the broader market overcome the influential health care sector's modest decline of 0.3%.

Apple (AAPL 154.87, +1.39) and Goldman Sachs (GS 242.83, +2.52) are among the strongest components within the Dow, sporting gains of 0.9% and 1.1%, respectively.

Meanwhile, Netflix (NFLX 192.50, +8.07) has set a new all-time high following news that the company will be raising prices on its middle and top tier video-streaming subscriptions starting in November. NFLX shares are trading higher by 4.3%.

Dow: +34.29… | Nasdaq: +16.50… | S&P: +5.88…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1719/1040. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1817/893.

10:35AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities are rallying to begin the day:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up 0.75% at 84.5840
Dollar index is up 0.29% at 93.72.
Oct WTI crude is higher on the day.
Futures are up $0.59 to $50.57/barrel.
In other energy
EIA natural gas inventory data was released at 10:30am ET and showed a XXXX
Oct natural gas futures are up $0.015 at $2.955/MMBtu
Metals performed well with precious metals and copper settling higher
Dec gold has gained $1.20 and trades at $1278.00/oz, while Sept silver has gained $0.111 to $16.735/oz
Sept copper gained $0.0805 to $3.0395/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn is flat at $3.4825/bu.
Nov soy is up $0.0925 at $9.675/bu.
Dec wheat is down $0.03 at $4.39/bu.

Dow: +23.22… | Nasdaq: +17.99… | S&P: +5.12…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1631/1099. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1773/916.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue hovering near their opening marks; the S&P 500 is up 0.2%.

Just in, the Factory Orders Report for August showed an increase of 1.2% while the Briefing.com consensus expected a rise of 1.0%. The July reading was left at -3.3%.

Dow: +27.83… | Nasdaq: +18.60… | S&P: +4.69…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1533/1073. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1701/913.

09:45AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (+0.2%) and the Nasdaq (+0.4%) have set new record intraday highs in the opening minutes of today's session. Meanwhile, the Dow (+0.1%) is hovering about 13 points below its record mark.

Most of the S&P 500's 11 sectors are trading in the green this morning with the top-weighted technology group (+0.5%) leading the charge. On the flip side, the industrials (-0.2%), health care (-0.1%), and utilities (-0.3%) spaces are currently the weakest performers.

Today's last piece of economic data--August Factory Orders (Briefing.com consensus +1.0%)--will cross the wires at 10:00 ET. However, the report is not expected to have much impact on the broader market.

Dow: +11.67… | Nasdaq: +21.68… | S&P: +3.99…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1637/904. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1693/858.

09:15AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +21.10.

The equity market is on track to open today's session a tick above yesterday's record close; the S&P 500 futures trade three points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

In corporate news, logistic heavyweights UPS (UPS 116.31, -2.66) and FedEx (FDX 217.45, -3.86) hold losses of around 2.0% apiece in pre-market action following news that Amazon (AMZN 970.39, +4.94) is testing its own delivery service. The internet retail giant currently relies heavily on UPS and FedEx to deliver packages to its customers.

On the earnings front, Constellation Brands (STZ 213.00, +11.82) is up 5.9% after reporting better-than-expected earnings and raising its earnings guidance for fiscal year 2018.

Investors received two economic reports earlier this morning--weekly Initial Claims and August Trade Balance:

Today's last piece of economic data--August Factory Orders (Briefing.com consensus +1.0%)--will cross the wires at 10:00 ET.

Philadelphia Fed President Patrick Harker (FOMC voter) reiterated this morning that he has "penciled in" a third rate hike in December and added that he is forecasting three rate hikes in 2018.

U.S. Treasuries have kept near their flat lines in early action and trade mixed at this time; the 2-yr yield is up one basis point at 1.48% while the 10-yr yield is down one basis point at 2.32%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index has been ticking up as of late and now holds a gain of 0.3%--hovering at 93.55.

08:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +21.40.

The S&P 500 futures trade three points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Thursday on a mixed note, but trading volume was light once again due to a continued holiday closure in China and another holiday in Hong Kong. Australia reported disappointing Retail Sales for August (actual: -0.6%; consensus: 0.3%), showing the sharpest month-over-month decline since late 2012. The Australian dollar is down 0.6% against the U.S. dollar at 0.7813. Former Reserve Bank of Australia member John Edwards said the RBA could hike rates even if inflation remains below target.

In economic data:
Australia's August trade surplus AUD989 million (expected surplus of AUD875 million; last surplus of AUD808 million). August Imports 0.0% month-over-month (last -1.0%) and August Exports +1.0% month-over-month (last -2.0%). August Retail Sales -0.6% month-over-month (expected 0.3%; last -0.2%)
India's September Nikkei Services PMI 50.7 (last 47.5)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei settled just above its flat line. Asahi Group Holdings and Sapporo Holdings built on yesterday's gains, rising 5.6% and 4.4%, respectively. Chugai Pharmaceutical, Maruha Nichiro Corp, Furukawa Electric, Kao, and Toyota Motor advanced between 0.8% and 1.9%. On the downside, Sony, Yamato Holdings, Tosoh, Mazda Motor, and Furukawa lost between 1.1% and 1.9%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng was closed.
China's Shanghai Composite was closed.
India's Sensex shed 0.3%. Power Grid lost 2.0% while financials like ICICI Bank, AXIS Bank, and SBI posted losses between 0.8% and 1.5%. HDFC Bank bucked the trend, adding 0.2%. Tech consultants were mixed with Wipro and Infosys both rising near 0.3% while Tata Consultancy fell 0.5%.

Major European indices trade near their flat lines while Spain's IBEX (+1.5%) outperforms after hitting a seven-month low yesterday. In last night's televised address, Catalan First Minister Carles Puigdemont said there is an obligation to apply the results of the independence referendum, but he left some wiggle room, saying he is seeking mediation with Madrid. The Catalan Parliament will meet on Monday and could declare independence at that time. Spain's Finance Minister Luis de Guindos was on the offensive, saying Catalan independence would be irrational, harmful to Catalonia, and that it will not happen.

In economic data:
Eurozone Retail PMI 52.3 (last 50.8)
UK's Housing Equity Withdrawal -GBP4.10 billion quarter-over-quarter (expected -GBP9.90 billion; last -GBP5.20 billion)
Swiss September CPI +0.2% month-over-month, as expected (last 0.0%); +0.7% year-over-year (consensus 0.6%; last 0.5%)

---Equity Markets---

Germany's DAX is lower by 0.1%. Lufthansa is the weakest performer, falling 2.1%, while Infineon, Merck, Bayer, and Siemens show losses between 1.2% and 1.4%. On the upside, Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank are up 0.6% and 0.9%, respectively. Automakers BMW, Volkswagen, and Daimler hold gains between 0.5% and 0.8%.
France's CAC trades little changed. Financials are mixed with BNP Paribas and Credit Agricole adding 0.6% and 0.1%, respectively, while Societe Generale is down 0.4%. Automakers are also mixed with Renault jumping 1.1% while Peugeot slides 0.6%.
UK's FTSE has added 0.3% with miners and select consumer names among the leaders. Anglo American, Glencore, Antofagasta, and Rio Tinto are up between 1.4% and 3.2% while Merlin Entertainments, Tesco, Paddy Power, Unilever, and Diageo hold gains between 0.8% and 2.9%.
Spain's IBEX trades up 1.5%. Banco Sabadell has spiked 3.5% amid reports the bank's management is looking to move headquarters out of Catalonia. Caixabank has climbed 2.9% while Iberdrola, Telefonica, Grifols, Acciona, Santander, Bankia, and BBVA show gains between 1.0% and 3.0%.

08:34AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +24.60.

The S&P 500 futures trade four points, or 0.2%, above fair value.

Just in, the latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 260,000 while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 265,000. Today's tally was below the unrevised prior week count of 272,000. As for continuing claims, they declined to 1.938 million from the revised count of 1.940 million (from 1.934 million).

Separately, the August trade balance showed a deficit of $42.4 billion while the Briefing.com consensus expected the deficit to hit $42.6 billion. The previous month's deficit was revised to $43.6 billion from $43.7 billion.

08:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +7.90.

It's been pretty quiet on Wall Street this week, but equities have continued creeping higher nonetheless, sending the major U.S. indices to new record highs. The stock market is currently on track to open Thursday's session slightly above yesterday's record close as the S&P 500 futures hover two points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

The major averages are all higher for the week coming into today's session, sporting week-to-date gains between 0.6% and 1.2%. The rally has been led by the S&P 500's health care (+1.4% WTD) and materials (+1.5% WTD) sectors while the top-weighted technology group (+0.2%) has underperformed, keeping the broader market's gain in check.

Tomorrow's release of the Employment Situation Report for September (Briefing.com consensus 75K) has been on investors' minds this week, however, its impact on December rate-hike expectations may be somewhat lessened in light of last week's comments from Fed Chair Yellen, which showed she's committed to a path of gradual rate hikes despite uncertainty in the area of inflation.

A number of Fed officials will provide comments today, including Fed Governor Powell, San Francisco Fed President Williams (non-FOMC voter), Philadelphia Fed President Harker (FOMC voter), and Kansas City Fed President George (non-FOMC voter). Mr. Powell is reported to be on President Trump's shortlist of Fed Chair candidates.

On the data front, investors will receive several economic reports this morning, including weekly Initial Claims (Briefing.com consensus 265K) at 8:30 ET, August Trade Balance (Briefing.com consensus -$42.6 billion) also at 8:30 ET, and August Factory Orders (Briefing.com consensus +1.0%) at 10:00 ET.

U.S. Treasuries are mixed in early action; the 2-yr yield is up one basis point at 1.48% while the benchmark 10-yr yield is down one basis point at 2.32%. Meanwhile, crude oil is up 0.2%, ticking above the $50.00/bbl mark, while the U.S. Dollar Index is higher by 0.1% at 93.42.

In U.S. corporate news:

UPS (UPS 116.40, -2.60) and FedEx (FDX 216.50, -4.81): -2.2% apiece following news that Amazon (AMZN 967.49, +2.04) is testing its own delivery service.
Constellation Brands (STZ 209.85, +8.67): +4.3% after reporting better-than-expected earnings and raising its earnings guidance for fiscal year 2018.
Celgene (CELG 142.47, -4.05): -2.8% after Morgan Stanley downgraded CELG shares to 'Underweight' from 'Equal-Weight'.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Thursday on a mixed note, but trading volume was light once again due to a continued holiday closure in China and another holiday in Hong Kong. Japan's Nikkei unch, India's Sensex -0.3%.
In economic data:
Australia's August trade surplus AUD989 million (expected surplus of AUD875 million; last surplus of AUD808 million). August Imports 0.0% month-over-month (last -1.0%) and August Exports +1.0% month-over-month (last -2.0%). August Retail Sales -0.6% month-over-month (expected 0.3%; last -0.2%)
India's September Nikkei Services PMI 50.7 (last 47.5)
In news:
Australia reported disappointing Retail Sales for August (actual: -0.6%; consensus: 0.3%), showing the sharpest month-over-month decline since late 2012.
Former Reserve Bank of Australia member John Edwards said the RBA could hike rates even if inflation remains below target.

Major European indices trade near their flat lines while Spain's IBEX (+1.4%) outperforms after hitting a seven-month low yesterday. Germany's DAX -0.2%, France's CAC unch, UK's FTSE +0.3%.
In economic data:
Eurozone Retail PMI 52.3 (last 50.8)
UK's Housing Equity Withdrawal -GBP4.10 billion quarter-over-quarter (expected -GBP9.90 billion; last -GBP5.20 billion)
Swiss September CPI +0.2% month-over-month, as expected (last 0.0%); +0.7% year-over-year (consensus 0.6%; last 0.5%)
In news:
In last night's televised address, Catalan First Minister Carles Puigdemont said there is an obligation to apply the results of the independence referendum, but he left some wiggle room, saying he is seeking mediation with Madrid. The Catalan Parliament will meet on Monday and could declare independence at that time. Spain's Finance Minister Luis de Guindos was on the offensive, saying Catalan independence would be irrational, harmful to Catalonia, and that it will not happen.

05:56AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +0.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +3.80.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...20629...+1.90...+0.00%

Hang Seng...Holiday.........

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7476.23...+8.70...+0.10%

DAX...12936.93...-33.60...-0.30%

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links will be useful for you. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com