TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: September 25th Monday Trade Results - Profit $1512.50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
092517-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1512.50.png
092517-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1512.50.png [ 97.05 KiB | Viewed 239 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $1512.50 dollars or +30.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1512.50 dollars

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis.

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log: All of my live trades are posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review. The live trade is posted 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=171&t=2651

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum. Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post your brokerage statements in your private thread for security reasons. TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps and many different types of social media software can be used to log in. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing trouble makers so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell. TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Yet, I'm always backtesting new concepts of WRB Analysis, new entries, new trade management, new position size management before application in real money trades (small position size trades) to adapt to changed market conditions prior to large position size trades or sharing the new concepts with fee-base clients...living up to the name of my website. TheStrategyLab.

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=327&t=3486 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
092517-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
092517-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.02 MiB | Viewed 244 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: -53.50… | Nasdaq: -56.33… | S&P: -5.56…
NASDAQ Vol: 2.03 bln… Adv: 1209… Dec: 1297…
NYSE Vol: 842.3 mln… Adv: 1627… Dec: 1252…

Moving the Market

Sector rotation ahead of the end of the quarter; 2017's top-performing sector--information technology--sheds more than 1.0%

North Korea says it has the right to shoot down U.S. bombers even if they're not in the country's airspace

Sector Watch
Strong: Industrials, Energy, Materials, Consumer Staples, Utilities, Telecom Services, Real Estate
Weak: Technology
04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The U.S. equity market slipped on Monday as investors dialed back their technology holdings with just a few days left in the third quarter. Naturally, the tech-heavy Nasdaq (-0.9%) was the weakest major average, but found support at its 50-day simple moving average (6,362). Meanwhile, the S&P 500 and the Dow lost 0.2% apiece.

Wall Street rotated out of the S&P 500's technology sector, which has led the stock market's 2017 campaign, in favor of some groups that have struggled so far this year, such as energy (+1.5%), consumer staples (+0.7%), telecom services (+0.9%), and real estate (+0.3%).

In addition to a sector rotation, there was a market-cap rotation on Monday, evidenced by the S&P MidCap 400 (+0.2%) and the small-cap Russell 2000 (+0.1%), both of which finished ahead of the broader market. The Russell 2000 also settled at a new all-time high.

Facebook (FB 162.87, -7.67) was one of the weakest technology components, dropping 4.5% to settle below its 50-day simple moving average (169.11) for the first time since July 6. Fellow mega-cap tech names like Apple (AAPL 150.55, -1.34), Microsoft (MSFT 73.26, -1.15), and Alphabet (GOOGL 934.28, -8.98) also struggled, losing between 0.9% and 1.6%.

Chipmakers also tumbled on Monday, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index lower by 2.0%. NVIDIA (NVDA 171.00, -8.00) and Micron Technology (MU 34.87, -1.20) exhibited particular weakness, losing 4.5% and 3.3%, respectively. Micron will release its latest earnings report on Tuesday afternoon.

Tech stocks were weak from the jump, but the sell off intensified after North Korea's foreign minister said that U.S. President Donald Trump has effectively declared war on his country and, therefore, Pyongyang has the right to take countermeasures against the U.S, including shooting down U.S. strategic bombers even if they're not in North Korean airspace.

The White House responded by saying the allegation is "absurd."

U.S. Treasuries held gains in the early morning and then advanced to new session highs following the North Korea comments. The benchmark 10-yr yield, which moves inversely to the price of the 10-yr Treasury note, slipped four basis points to 2.22%, settling near its session low. The 2-yr yield held up a bit better, finishing just one basis point below its flat line at 1.42%.

In Europe, Angela Merkel won a fourth term as Germany's chancellor on Sunday, but the far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) party did better than expected, effectively weakening Ms. Merkel's CDU/CSU alliance. The euro dropped 0.9% to 1.1849 against the U.S. dollar on Monday while the German bund yield tumbled five basis points to 0.40%.

Investors did not receive any economic data on Monday.

However, on Tuesday, market participants will receive several economic reports, including the Case-Shiller 20-City Composite Home Price Index for July (Briefing.com consensus +5.8%) at 9:00 ET, the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for September (Briefing.com consensus 119.4) at 10:00 ET, and August New Home Sales (Briefing.com consensus 577K) also at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +18.3% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +12.8% YTD
S&P 500 +11.5% YTD
Russell 2000 +7.0% YTD

Dow: -53.50… | Nasdaq: -56.33… | S&P: -5.56…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1209/1297. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1627/1252.

03:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day higher:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up 0.55% at 85.3276
The dollar index is currently up 0.47% at 92.60.
Nov WTI crude is noticeably higher on the day.
Futures settled $1.56 higher to $52.24/barrel.
API inventory data will be released tomorrow at 4:30pm ET.
In other energy, Nov natural gas settled up $0.03 at $2.99/MMBtu
On to metals:
Dec gold settled $13.90 higher to settle at $1311.60/oz, while Dec silver gained $0.16 to $17.15/oz
Dec copper settled $0.01 lower to $2.94/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn settled flat at $3.54/bu.
Nov soy settled $0.14 lower at $9.71/bu.
Dec wheat is up $0.05 at $4.54/bu.

Dow: -56.41… | Nasdaq: -7.04… | S&P: -64.44…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1293/1295. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1625/1266.

02:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are trading lower across the board with just one hour remaining in today's session. The Dow and the S&P 500 trade lower by 0.3% and 0.4%, respectively, while the Nasdaq shows relative weakness, dropping 1.2%.

Moving into the final stretch, five sectors are trading in the green--energy (+1.5%), telecom services (+0.8%), utilities (+0.7%), consumer staples (+0.6%), and real estate (+0.3%)--while six are trading in the red--industrials (-0.1%), materials (-0.1%), consumer discretionary (-0.4%), health care (-0.4%), financials (-0.4%), and technology (-1.9%).

In the next batch of earnings, investors will receive reports from several notable companies, including RedHat (RHT 105.41, -0.88), Carnival (CCL 63.52, -0.81), Darden Restaurants (DRI 82.69, -0.18), and FactSet (FDS 168.09, -0.52). RedHat will report this evening while the rest will report on Tuesday morning.
Dow: -69.08… | Nasdaq: -75.12… | S&P: -9.56…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1229/1437. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1594/1306.

02:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have not changed since the last update.

Retailers have put together a relatively solid showing today, sending the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 41.08, +0.28) higher by 0.7%. Ross Stores (ROST 62.76, +1.87) exhibits particular strength, climbing 3.1%, after ROST shares were upgraded to 'Overweight' from 'Neutral' at JP Morgan.

However, the consumer discretionary sector, which houses retailers, hovers right in line with the benchmark index, showing a loss of 0.3%.

The sector's most influential component--Amazon (AMZN 936.78, -18.49)--has dropped 2.0% in today's session, moving in tandem with other large-cap names that, like Amazon, have outperformed this year. Even with today's slide, AMZN shares hold a year-to-date gain of 24.9%. For comparison, the S&P 500 is up 11.4% year-to-date.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are still higher this afternoon, sending yields into the red. The benchmark 10-yr yield is down four basis points at 2.22%.
Dow: -61.04… | Nasdaq: -67.99… | S&P: -8.36…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1248/1453. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1583/1292.

01:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are hovering near the middle of their trading ranges, with the S&P 500 showing a loss of 0.3%.

Transports are holding up better than the broader market this afternoon, evidenced by the Dow Jones Transportation Average, which is down 0.1%. JetBlue Airways (JBLU 18.82, +0.21) and Matson (MATX 26.90, +0.55) are the DJTA's strongest components--by a wide margin--adding 1.1% and 2.1%, respectively. On the flip side, Avis Budget (CAR 37.46, -0.98) is the average's weakest component, dropping 2.6%, following five-consecutive wins.

For the month, the DJTA has solidly outpaced the benchmark S&P 500; the two indices currently hold month-to-date gains of 4.1% and 0.9%, respectively.
Dow: -63.58… | Nasdaq: -61.69… | S&P: -7.24…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1218/1494. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1542/1324.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue to show losses as investors rotate out of technology stocks--which have been outperforming all year.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that technology components Microsoft (MSFT 73.04, -1.38) and Visa (V 103.20, -2.36) are the weakest performers, dropping 1.9% and 2.3%, respectively.

Conversely, Exxon Mobil (XOM 80.84, +0.92) is the best-performing Dow component as energy names display relative strength in today's session.

At current levels, the DJIA is up 4.4% for the quarter, which effectively ends on Friday.
Dow: -70.65… | Nasdaq: -66.14… | S&P: -8.85…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1197/1526. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1483/1374.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has kicked off the week on a lower note with technology stocks leading the retreat. All three major averages are in the red this afternoon, but the tech-heavy Nasdaq (-1.0%) shows particular weakness, dipping below its 50-day simple moving average (6,362). Meanwhile, the S&P 500 and the Dow show losses of 0.3% apiece.

Investors have rotated out of the top-weighted technology sector (-1.6%), which has paced the stock market's 2017 advance, and into some of the sectors that have struggled so far this year, including energy (+1.4%), consumer staples (+0.8%), telecom services (+0.8%), and real estate (+0.6%).

Nearly all of the technology sector's components are trading in the red, including Facebook (FB 163.96, -6.58), which is one of the sector's heaviest components by market cap. The social media giant has dropped 3.8% in today's session, slipping below its 50-day simple moving average (169.13) for the first time since early July.

Fellow mega-cap tech names like Apple (AAPL 150.54, -1.33), Microsoft (MSFT 72.99, -1.42), and Alphabet (GOOGL 927.54, -15.57) are also struggling, showing losses between 0.8% and 1.8%, as are chipmakers, evidenced by the 1.9% decrease in the PHLX Semiconductor Index.

The tech sell off started pretty early, but increased in magnitude after North Korea's foreign minister said that U.S. President Donald Trump has effectively declared war on his country and North Korea has the right to take countermeasures like shooting down U.S. strategic bombers--even if they're not in North Korean airspace.

U.S. Treasuries popped to new session highs following the North Korea headlines, where they remain at midday. The benchmark 10-yr yield is down four basis points at 2.22% while the 2-yr yield is down two basis points at 1.42%.

Across the pond, it appears that Angela Merkel will remain Germany's Chancellor after the CDU/CSU alliance won the largest portion of the vote (33%) in the country's weekend election. However, that was the lowest win percentage for the alliance since 1949, according to Reuters.

The euro has dropped 0.9% against the U.S. dollar to 1.1843 following the results while the German bund yield has slipped five basis points to 0.4%.

Investors did not receive any economic data.
Dow: -73.03… | Nasdaq: -61.81… | S&P: -8.10…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1183/1528. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1481/1361.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are hovering near their lowest marks of the day with the S&P 500 showing a loss of 0.5%.

Select countercyclical sectors, including consumer staples (+0.6%), utilities (+0.7%), and telecom services (+0.6%), are trading comfortably ahead of the broader market. However, the health care sector, which is the most influential countercyclical group, has dropped 0.3%.

Within the health care group, biotechnology names show relative strength, evidenced by the 0.6% increase in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 332.06, +2.12), while health care providers like UnitedHealth (UNH 191.26, -1.77) show relative weakness (-0.9%).

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are higher across the curve this afternoon, hovering near their best marks of the day. The benchmark 10-yr yield is down four basis points at 2.22% while the 2-yr yield is lower by three basis points at 1.41%.
Dow: -94.45… | Nasdaq: -76.67… | S&P: -11.25…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1050/1662. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1369/1484.

12:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages haven't shifted notably since the last update.

Chipmakers have struggled today, evidenced by the PHLX Semiconductor Index, which is down 1.7%. Micron Technology (MU 34.82, -1.24) has exhibited particular weakness, dropping 3.5%, ahead of its Tuesday earnings release while heavyweights like NVIDIA (NVDA 172.53, -6.45) and Broadcom (AVGO 233.29, -5.99) show losses of 3.6% and 2.5%, respectively. Unsurprisingly, the S&P 500's technology sector (-1.6%), which houses semiconductor names, trades at the very bottom of today's sector standings.

Facebook (FB 164.29, -6.25), which is one of the tech sector's largest components by market cap, has plunged 3.6% today, dropping below its 50-day simple moving average (169.14) for the first since early July. Apple (AAPL 150.49, -1.38), Microsoft (MSFT 73.10, -1.31), and Alphabet (GOOGL 927.37, -15.89) are also trading below their 50-day simple moving averages and have lost between 0.9% and 1.8% in today's session.
Dow: -80.00… | Nasdaq: -66.42… | S&P: -9.80…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1103/1611. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1400/1414.

11:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices are lower across the board; the Nasdaq is down 1.0% while the S&P 500 and the Dow hold losses of 0.4% apiece.

Despite a sizable sell off among large-cap names, mid and small caps have held up relatively well today, evidenced by the modest declines of the S&P Midcap 400 (-0.1%) and the Russell 2000 (-0.1%). The two indices have underperformed so far this quarter, which essentially ends on Friday, but have picked up the pace this month, adding 2.0% and 3.0%, respectively. In addition, the Russell 2000 settled Friday at a new all-time high.

Elsewhere, North Korea's foreign minister said this morning that U.S. President Donald Trump has effectively declared war on his country, giving Pyongyang the right--in his mind--to take countermeasures like shooting down U.S. strategic bombers even if they're not in North Korean airspace.
Dow: -95.89… | Nasdaq: -61.37… | S&P: -9.75…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1109/1608. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1449/1356.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have slipped to new session lows as of late. The S&P 500 is down 0.3% while the tech-heavy Nasdaq (-0.9%) shows relative weakness.

Five of eleven sectors are trading in the red this morning, including the top-weighted technology sector (-1.5%), which is sitting at the bottom of today's leaderboard by a wide margin. The four remaining laggards--materials, industrials, consumer discretionary, and financials--hold modest losses of no more than 0.4%.

As for the advancing sectors, energy (+1.1%) and telecom services (+1.0%) show particular strength; the others hold gains of no more than 0.6%. The energy group has benefited from a 1.3% increase in the price of crude oil, which currently hovers at $51.33/bbl.
Dow: -39.05… | Nasdaq: -50.45… | S&P: -5.16…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1281/1455. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1652/1113.

10:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day a bit higher:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are up 0.13% at 84.9676
The Dollar index is currently up 0.33% at 92.48.
Nov WTI crude is higher on the day.
Futures are up $0.65 to $51.31/barrel.
In other energy,
Natural Gas futures fell sharply around 9am ET and have since slightly rebounded.
Nov natural gas is now down $0.01 at $3.011/MMBtu
Metals are down:
Dec gold lost $0.90 and trades at $1296.60/oz, while Sept silver dropped $0.059 to $16.925/oz
Sept copper is $0.008 lower to $2.9365/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn is $0.01 higher at $3.545/bu.
Nov soy is down $0.065 at $9.7775/bu.
Dec wheat is up $0.0275 at $4.5225/bu.

Dow: +0.23… | Nasdaq: -28.65… | S&P: -0.53…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1400/1322. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1719/1018.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have maintained their opening losses. The S&P 500 is lower by 0.1%.

Within the top-weighted technology sector (-0.9%), which is hovering at the bottom of today's sector standings, Facebook (FB 165.69, -4.80) has tumbled 2.9%, slipping below its 50-day simple moving average (169.18) for the first time since early July. Chipmakers have also struggled, evidenced by the PHLX Semiconductor Index (-1.3%).

Elsewhere, CNBC is reporting that Sprint (S 8.08, -0.44) and T-Mobile US (TMUS 64.21, +0.15) are hoping to reach a merger agreement by the third week of October. S shares are currently down 5.0% while TMUS shares are up 0.3%.
Dow: -17.10… | Nasdaq: -35.60… | S&P: -3.28…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1250/1417. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1490/1173.

09:45AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices opened Monday's session in the red with the tech-heavy Nasdaq (-0.5%) showing relative weakness. The benchmark S&P 500 is down 0.1% while the Dow trades flat.

Apple (AAPL 149.71, -2.15) has extended last week's sell off this morning, dropping another 1.4%. Including today, the tech giant has tumbled 5.7% over the last five sessions. The top-weighted technology sector (-0.9%) trades at the very bottom of today's sector standings.

On the flip side, the energy sector (+0.9%) is the top-performing group this morning, followed by the consumer staples (+0.4%) and telecom services (+0.4%) sectors.
Dow: -5.79… | Nasdaq: -31.13… | S&P: -2.33…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1249/1337. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1483/1077.

09:15AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -5.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -28.90.

The U.S. equity market looks set to open Monday's session a step beneath Friday's closing level as the S&P 500 futures currently trade five points, or 0.2%, below fair value.

In Germany, it appears that Angela Merkel will remain Chancellor after the CDU/CSU alliance won the largest portion of the vote (33%) in the country's weekend election. However, that was the lowest win percentage for the alliance since 1949, according to Reuters. Conversely, the right-wing, nationalist party--Alternative for Germany (AfD)--won 12.6% of the vote, which was a bigger win than expected and will make it the third largest party in the federal parliament with 94 seats.

The German bund yield has slipped two basis points to 0.43% and the euro has dropped 0.7% against the dollar to 1.1870 in the wake of the election. Germany's DAX Index, however, has gained 0.1%.

Meanwhile, in Japan, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has called for a snap election to be held next month. The move follows a recent jump in his approval rating.

Back in the U.S., New York Fed President William Dudley noted in a speech this morning that he thinks the hurricane effects on the economy will be short lived and that the Fed sees scope to keep gradually removing policy accommodation.

Chicago Fed President Charles Evans (FOMC voter) and Minneapolis Fed President Neel Kashkari (FOMC voter) will speak today at 12:40 ET and 18:30 ET, respectively.

In the bond market, Treasuries are hovering flat to slightly higher this morning, with the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note dropping one basis point to 2.25%.

Investors will note receive any economic data on Monday.

08:50AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -4.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -25.80.

The S&P 500 futures trade four points, or 0.2%, below fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region began the week on a mixed note. In New Zealand, the ruling National Party secured 46.6% of the vote, but that was not enough to secure majority in parliament. Coalition talks are not expected to be completed quickly, which has sent the New Zealand dollar lower by 0.9% against the U.S. dollar to 0.7272. In Japan, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe called a snap election, which is expected to take place on October 22. Mr. Abe also called for a JPY2 trillion in spending on education and social needs. Eight cities in China have reportedly implemented curbs on home resales in an attempt to cool prices.

In economic data:
Japan's September Manufacturing PMI 52.6 (expected 53.4; last 52.2) and Leading Index 105.2 (expected 105.0; last 105.0)
Singapore's August CPI +0.4% year-over-year (expected 0.6%; last 0.6%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei rose 0.5%, finishing near this year's high. Mitsubishi Motors, SUMCO, Nippon Telegraph & Telephone, Yamaha Motor, TDK, Dainippon Screen Manufacturing, Bridgestone, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, and Tokyo Electron posted gains between 1.5% and 3.6%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng lost 1.4%, sliding to its September low. Property names like China Resources Land, China Overseas, Henderson Land, and SHK Properties lost between 2.8% and 7.2%. Apple supplier AAC Technologies fell 6.7%.
China's Shanghai Composite shed 0.3%. Hangzhou Jiebai Group, Rising Nonferrous Metals Share, Tibet Urban Development & Investment, China Northern Rare Earth High-Tech, and BEIH Property lost between 6.0% and 10.0%.
India's Sensex ended lower by 0.9%, recording its fifth consecutive decline after failing to overtake its August high. Adani Ports, Lupin, Tata Steel, ITC, Dr. Reddy's Labs, Asian Paints, Maruti Suzuki, and Sun Pharma lost between 1.4% and 3.3%. On the upside, Coal India climbed 1.2%.

Major European indices trade in mixed fashion with Spain's IBEX (-0.7%) showing relative weakness. Germany's federal election produced an expected headline outcome with Chancellor Angela Merkel's CDU/CSU securing the most votes (32.8%), but the overall outcome is viewed as a disappointment, considering far-right Alternative fur Deutschland will enter parliament with 94 (13.3%) seats. Furthermore, SPD, which received 20.5% of the vote, will no longer be in a coalition with CDU/CSU. Ms. Merkel is expected to remain Chancellor, but that will not be a done deal until a ruling coalition is formed. The euro has seen some pressure, falling 0.7% against the dollar to 1.1873.

In economic data:
Germany's September Ifo Business Climate 115.2 (expected 116.0; last 115.9). September Business Expectations 107.4 (expected 107.9; last 107.8) and September Current Assessment 123.6 (expected 124.8; last 124.7)
Spain's PPI +3.2% year-over-year (last 3.0%)

---Equity Markets---

Germany's DAX is up 0.2% with more than half of its components on the rise. Heavyweights like Lufthansa, Bayer, Merck, Siemens, Adidas, and BASF show gains between 0.3% and 1.6%. Automakers are mixed as Volkswagen and Daimler add 0.3% and 0.2%, respectively, while BMW is lower by 0.1%. Commerzbank and Deutsche Bank are both down near 1.0%.
UK's FTSE is down 0.3%. Consumer names have shown relative strength with ITV, Marks & Spencer, Next, WPP, Dixons Carphone, Imperial Brands, and Sainsbury rising between 0.2% and 1.9%. On the downside, financials like Standard Chartered, Standard Life, Prudential, Barclays, Lloyds Banking, Old Mutual, RSA Insurance, and HSBC show losses between 0.7% and 1.8%.
France's CAC has shed 0.3%. Financials BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, Societe Generale, and AXA are down between 0.9% and 1.2% while growth-sensitive names like LafargeHolcim, STMicroelectronics, Solvay, ArcelorMittal, and TechnipFMC have given up between 0.5% and 3.0%.
Spain's IBEX is down 0.7% with Caixabank, BBVA, Bankinter, Santander, Banco Sabadell, and Bankia falling between 0.4% and 2.7%.

08:32AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -1.90. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -15.10.

The S&P 500 futures currently trade two points, or 0.1%, below fair value.

With just one week of the third quarter to go, all three major indices hold solid quarter-to-date gains ranging from 3.3% to 4.7%. The top-weighted technology sector has paced the broader market's advance, moving higher by 7.2% since the end of June. On the flip side, the consumer staples sector has been the worst performer in Q3, dropping 2.0%.

As for the nine remaining sectors, only two hold quarter-to-date losses--consumer discretionary (-0.1% QTD) and real estate (-0.2% QTD). The advancers hold quarter-to-date gains between 2.5% (utilities) and 5.2% (materials).

07:58AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -1.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -9.10.

Equity futures are pointing to a slightly lower open for Monday's session, with the S&P 500 futures hovering around two points, or 0.1%, below fair value. The stock market was largely flat last week amid a lack of any major market-moving catalysts. Nonetheless, U.S. equities remain within striking distance of their all-time highs.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are trading higher this morning, reclaiming a small portion of last week's decline. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is currently down two basis points at 2.24% after climbing six basis points last week. Meanwhile, the 2-yr yield has slipped one basis point to 1.43%.

Investors will not receive any economic data today, but they will receive several economic reports throughout the week, including August New Home Sales (Briefing.com consensus 577K) on Tuesday, August Durable Goods Orders (Briefing.com consensus +0.7%) on Wednesday, and August Personal Income (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%), Personal Spending (Briefing.com consensus +0.1%), and the core PCE Price Index (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) on Friday.

On the earnings front, Dow component Nike (NKE 53.24, 0.00) will deliver its quarterly report following Tuesday's closing bell, as will chipmaker Micron Technology (MU 36.30, +0.23)--which has climbed an impressive 65.6% so far this year.

In U.S. corporate news:

General Motors (GM 40.01, +0.59): +1.5% after GM shares were upgraded to 'Buy' from 'Hold' at Deutsche Bank.
Genuine Parts (GPC 90.75, +2.77): +3.2% following news that the company will acquire Alliance Automotive Group for $2 billion, including debt.
Ross Stores (ROST 62.00, +1.11): +1.8% after ROST shares were upgraded to 'Overweight' from 'Neutral' at JPMorgan Chase.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region began the week on a mixed note. Japan's Nikkei +0.5%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng -1.4%, China's Shanghai Composite -0.3%, India's Sensex -0.9%.
In economic data:
Japan's September Manufacturing PMI 52.6 (expected 53.4; last 52.2) and Leading Index 105.2 (expected 105.0; last 105.0)
Singapore's August CPI +0.4% year-over-year (expected 0.6%; last 0.6%)
In news:
In New Zealand, the ruling National Party secured 46.6% of the vote, but that was not enough to secure majority in parliament. Coalition talks are not expected to be completed quickly, which has sent the New Zealand dollar lower by 0.7% against the U.S. dollar to 0.7279.
In Japan, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe called a snap election, which is expected to take place on October 22. Mr. Abe also called for a JPY2 trillion in spending on education and social needs.
Eight cities in China have reportedly implemented curbs on home resales in an attempt to cool prices.

Major European indices trade in mixed fashion. Germany's DAX +0.2%, UK's FTSE unch, France's CAC -0.2%, Spain's IBEX -0.8%.
In economic data:
Germany's September Ifo Business Climate 115.2 (expected 116.0; last 115.9). September Business Expectations 107.4 (expected 107.9; last 107.8) and September Current Assessment 123.6 (expected 124.8; last 124.7)
Spain's PPI +3.2% year-over-year (last 3.0%)
In news:
Germany's federal election produced an expected headline outcome with Chancellor Angela Merkel's CDU/CSU securing the most votes (32.8%), but the overall outcome is viewed as a disappointment, considering far-right Alternative fur Deutschland will enter parliament with 94 (13.3%) seats. Furthermore, SPD, which received 20.5% of the vote, will no longer be in a coalition with CDU/CSU. Ms. Merkel is expected to remain Chancellor, but that will not be a done deal until a ruling coalition is formed.
The euro has seen some pressure, falling 0.6% against the dollar to 1.1880.

06:09AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: flat. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: flat.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...20398...+101.10...+0.50%. Hang Seng...27500...-380.20...-1.40%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7287.24...-23.40...-0.30%. DAX...12600.07...+7.70...+0.10%.

Week In Review: Holding Steady

Equities held steady this week as investors digested the latest FOMC policy directive, which was released on Wednesday afternoon. The major indices ticked up to new record highs in the first half of the week, but faltered a bit on the back nine. The S&P 500 ticked up 0.1% while the Dow (+0.4%) did a little better and the Nasdaq (-0.3%) did a little worse.

The Fed's latest policy directive came in pretty much as expected. The FOMC unanimously voted to leave the fed funds target range at 1.00%-1.25% and announced that it will start its balance sheet normalization process in October. Meanwhile, the Fed's so-called "dot plot" was unchanged from the one released in June, showing that the median FOMC member still anticipates an additional rate hike in 2017 and three rate hikes in 2018.

Accordingly, investors upwardly adjusted their rate-hike expectations, evidenced by the fed funds futures market, which now places the chances of a December rate hike at 72.8%--up from 57.8% last week and 31.9% the week before that. Bonds sold off for the second week in a row following the FOMC announcement, sending yields higher across the curve. The 2-yr yield climbed six basis points to 1.44%, hitting its highest level in nearly nine years, while the benchmark 10-yr yield also jumped six basis points to 2.26%.

Within the equity market, the heavily-weighted financial sector (+2.7%) finished near the top of the sector standings, benefiting from the prospect of heightened interest rates and some sector rotation. The financial group has trailed the broader market for much of the year, but has been making a come back over the last two weeks; the sector has added 6.9% since September 7.

The telecom services group (+3.8%) also put together a solid performance this week, trimming its year-to-date loss to 8.5%, amid reports that Sprint (S) and T-Mobile US (TMUS) are nearing a merger deal after more than four months of on-and-off talks. The two companies settled the week with gains of 10.8% and 4.7%, respectively.

On the flip side, the top-weighted technology sector (-0.7%) underperformed, thanks in large part to Apple (AAPL), which dropped 5.0%. There were rumors of softer-than-expected demand for the new iPhone 8, which hit stores on Friday, but this week's slide was also likely due to some end-of-quarter profit taking following yet another solid three-month stretch for the company. AAPL shares will enter Monday's session with a quarter-to-date gain of 5.5% and a year-to-date gain of 31.1%.

Countercyclical groups like health care (-1.2%), consumer staples (-2.3%), and utilities (2.8%) also struggled this week while cyclical groups like materials (+1.0%), industrials (+2.0%), and energy (+2.0%) finished with sizable gains. Meanwhile, the growth-sensitive consumer discretionary and real estate groups lost 0.1% and 2.8%, respectively.

In politics, President Trump made his United Nations debut on Tuesday, taking a hard stance against North Korea. The hermit nation later criticized the president for his comments and threatened to test a hydrogen bomb in the Pacific Ocean.

Meanwhile, a new health-care bill written by Senators Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Bill Cassidy (R-LA) gained support within the GOP this week, but its passage looks unlikely after Senators Rand Paul (R-KY) and John McCain (R-AZ) voiced their opposition and Senator Susan Collins (R-ME) said she is leaning towards voting 'no.' The GOP can only afford to lose two votes in the Senate, assuming Vice President Mike Pence votes in favor of the bill in the event of a tie.

Dow: -9.64… | Nasdaq: +4.23… | S&P: +1.62…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1764/942. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1893/1024.

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links will be useful for you. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com