TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: September 18th Monday Trade Results - Profit $950.00
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
091817-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+950.00.png
091817-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+950.00.png [ 96.48 KiB | Viewed 242 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $950.00 dollars or +19.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $950.00 dollars

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis.

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log: All of my live trades are posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review. The live trade is posted 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=171&t=2649

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum. Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post your brokerage statements in your private thread for security reasons. TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps and many different types of social media software can be used to log in. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing trouble makers so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell. TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=327&t=3486 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
091817-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
091817-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.03 MiB | Viewed 230 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: +63.01… | Nasdaq: +6.17… | S&P: +3.64…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.86 bln… Adv: 1623… Dec: 1074…
NYSE Vol: 822.0 mln… Adv: 1683… Dec: 1239…

Moving the Market

Influential financial sector outperforms while top-weighted technology sector lags

Chipmakers show relative strength; SOX on track for sixth-consecutive win

Sector Watch
Strong: Financials, Industrials, Energy, Materials, Telecom Services
Weak: Consumer Discretionary, Technology, Health Care, Utilities, Real Estate
04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The U.S. equity market opened the week on a positive note, sending both the S&P 500 (+0.2%) and the Dow (+0.3%) to new all-time highs. The tech-heavy Nasdaq (+0.1%) touched a new intraday high on Monday, but failed to carve out a new record close following a technology sell off in the late afternoon. Small caps outperformed, pushing the Russell 2000 higher by 0.7%.

After climbing to a new record high at the start of Monday's session, the stock market began trending sideways, protecting its modest opening gain. The heavily-weighted financial sector (+1.0%) underpinned the broader market during this time and continued to exert a positive influence through the closing bell.

However, the top-weighted technology sector (unch) took control of the broader market in the afternoon following the sector's sharp drop into negative territory.

Without a catalyst, the tech sector exchanged a gain of 0.3% for a loss of 0.3% in less than an hour with mega-cap names like Apple (AAPL 158.67, -1.21), Facebook (FB 170.01, -1.63), Alphabet (GOOGL 929.75, -5.54), and Microsoft (MSFT 75.16, -0.15) leading the retreat. Likewise, the S&P 500 slipped to its lowest mark of the day, fully retracing its gain of 0.3%.

However, the tech group managed to bounce back a bit in the late afternoon to finish just a tick below its unchanged mark. Chipmakers helped keep the sector's loss in check, putting together yet another positive performance. The PHLX Semiconductor Index climbed 1.2% to settle in the green for the sixth-consecutive session.

NVIDIA (NVDA 187.55, +7.44) led the semiconductor rally--climbing 4.1% to a new all-time high--after Bank of America/Merrill Lynch raised its target price to $210 from $185 on Monday morning.

In total, six sectors finished Monday's session in the green--financials (+1.0%), industrials (+0.6%), materials (+0.6%), telecom services (+0.5%), energy (+0.4%), and consumer staples (unch)--while five settled in the red--technology (unch), health care (-0.1%), consumer discretionary (-0.4%), real estate (-0.5%), and utilities (-1.0%).

The industrial sector benefited from the positive performances of several influential Dow components, including Boeing (BA 253.08, +4.08) and Caterpillar (CAT 123.83, +2.46), which climbed 1.6% and 2.0%, respectively. UBS upgraded CAT shares to 'Buy' from 'Neutral' on Monday morning.

As for Boeing, it rallied alongside aerospace and defense peer Northrop Grumman (NOC 275.97, +8.94), which climbed 3.4% after announcing its intent to acquire Orbital ATK (OA 132.25, +22.21) for $7.8 billion, or $134.50 per share, in cash. Including the assumption of debt, the total cost will be $9.2 billion.

In the bond market, Treasuries sold off in a curve-steepening trade. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note climbed three basis points to 2.23% while the 2-yr yield advanced just one basis point to 1.39%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index (91.81, +0.16) climbed 0.2%.

Reviewing Monday's economic data, which was limited to the September NAHB Housing Market Index:

The NAHB Housing Market Index for September declined to 64 (Briefing.com consensus 67) from a revised reading of 67 (from 68) in August.

On Tuesday, investors will receive three economic reports--August Housing Starts (Briefing.com consensus 1.17 million), August Import/Export Prices, and the Current Account Balance for the second quarter (Briefing.com consensus -$115.1 billion). All three pieces of economic data will be released at 8:30 ET.

Also of note, the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) will kick off a two-day meeting on Tuesday morning. It's latest policy directive will cross the wires on Wednesday afternoon.

Dow: +63.01… | Nasdaq: +6.17… | S&P: +3.64…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1623/1074. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1683/1239.

03:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities end the day slightly lower
Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up +0.12% at 85.1949
The dollar index is down 0.24% at 91.90
Looking at the energy space:
Oct WTI crude settled $0.01 lower on the day at $49.88/barrel
In other energy, Oct natural gas settled $0.12 higher (or +4%) at $3.13/MMBtu
On to metals:
Dec gold lost $14.60 to settle at $1310.60/oz, while Sept silver slipped $0.53 to $17.93/oz
Sept copper lost $0.01 to settle at $2.95/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn settled $0.03 lower at $3.52/bu
Nov soybeans settled down $0.01 at $9.68/bu
Dec wheat settled $0.05 lower at $4.43/bu

Dow: +76.02… | Nasdaq: +3.94… | S&P: +3.43…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1799/1137. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1670/1256.

02:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices trade mixed going into the final stretch; the Dow is up 0.3%, the S&P 500 trades flat, and the Nasdaq shows a slim loss of 0.1%.

The top-weighted technology sector (-0.2%) held a modest gain earlier this afternoon, but made a sharp move lower less than an hour ago, bringing the broader market down with it. Mega-cap names like Apple (AAPL 158.26, -1.62), Facebook (FB 169.75, -1.89), and Alphabet (GOOGL 927.10, -8.19) are among the weakest components in the sector, showing losses of around 1.0% apiece. Chipmakers are still outperforming, but have come down from their session highs. The PHLX Semiconductor Index has trimmed its gain to 1.1% from 1.9% at its best mark of the day.

Looking ahead, several notable companies will deliver their quarterly earnings reports on Tuesday. AutoZone (AZO 569.30, -0.59) will release its results before the opening bell while FedEx (FDX 215.47, +0.64), Adobe Systems (ADBE 155.33, +0.84), and Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY 27.38, -1.29) will report after the close.

Dow: +64.54… | Nasdaq: -2.28… | S&P: +1.39…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1698/1104. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1640/1272.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities have slipped in recent action, sending the S&P 500 (+0.1%) to a fresh session low. However, the Dow (+0.3%) has held up relatively well.

Seven of the eleven sectors now trade in negative territory, but outside of the utilities space (-1.5%), no group holds a loss of more than 0.5%. The financial sector (+1.0%) is still going strong, but that could change if yields start moving to the downside. The benchmark 10-yr yield has ticked down from its session high (2.24%) in recent action, but still trades two basis points above its flat line at 2.23%.

In the currency market, the U.S. Dollar Index (91.97, +0.32) has climbed 0.3% today, bouncing back from two-consecutive losses. The greenback has added 0.9% against the British pound (1.3479) and 0.7% against the Japanese yen (111.59), but just 0.1% against the euro (1.1934).

Dow: +66.61… | Nasdaq: +6.64… | S&P: +2.05…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1754/1071. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1692/1221.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have continued trending sideways this afternoon, keeping the S&P 500 (+0.3%) within a two-point range over the last hour of action.

The consumer discretionary sector (-0.2%) has struggled to keep pace with the broader market today, trimming its month-to-date gain to just 0.1%. Within the sector, Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG 302.14, -10.94) shows particular weakness, dropping 3.4%, while other restaurants like Yum! Brands (YUM 75.60, +0.35) and Darden Restaurants (DRI 84.67, +0.81) outperform, showing respective gains of 0.5% and 1.0%.

Meanwhile, the sector's top component by market cap--Amazon (AMZN 982.11, -4.68)--is wrestling with its 50-day simple moving average (988.44). Including today's downtick of 0.4%, AMZN shares have lost 6.1% since the company reported its second-quarter earnings results on July 27.

Dow: +74.28… | Nasdaq: +27.92… | S&P: +4.94…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1864/1004. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1721/1166.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (+0.2%) continues holding a slim loss while the Dow (+0.3%) and Nasdaq (+0.4%) trade a bit more comfortably in the green.

All in all, the trading week has gotten off to a positive, but pretty quiet, start. Equity indices across Asia climbed in overnight action while Japan's Nikkei was closed for Respect for the Aged Day. The holiday led to reduced participation, but did not stop the yen (111.55) from sliding 0.7% against the dollar, making for the yen's fifth decline in the past six days.

The positive tone carried into the European session, but most regional indices ended off their highs. Markets in Spain continue showing little concern despite the growing conflict between Madrid and separatists in Catalonia. An independence referendum remains scheduled for October 1 despite increasing pressure from the central government. Spain's Finance Ministry now has full control over Catalan government accounts. Spain's IBEX is up 10.6% for the year while Germany's DAX and EuroStoxx 50 hold respective year-to-date gains of 9.4% and 3.3%.

Dow: +69.67… | Nasdaq: +22.58… | S&P: +4.73…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1877/996. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1708/1179.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have continued rallying today, extending the record-high marks they posted last week. The Nasdaq (+0.4%) is today's top performer, followed by the Dow (+0.4%), and then the S&P 500 (+0.2%). Small caps have outpaced the broader market so far, sending the Russell 2000 higher by 0.6%.

Most sectors are trading in the green this afternoon with the influential financial sector leading the advance, jumping another 1.0% to extend its seven-session gain to 5.1%. The sector has benefited from broad strength with large-cap names like Citigroup (C 70.66, +1.61), JPMorgan Chase (JPM 92.87, +1.25), and Goldman Sachs (GS 227.74, +2.52) sporting respective gains of 2.3%, 1.4%, and 1.1%.

In addition, a steepening of the yield curve, which bodes well for lenders' net interest margins, has benefited the financial sector today. Treasuries are mostly lower, but shorter-dated issues have held up a bit better than their longer-dated peers. The 2-yr yield is up one basis point at 1.39% while the 10-yr yield is up three basis points at 2.23%.

Elsewhere, the top-weighted technology sector (+0.3%) trades a step ahead of the broader market, thanks in large part to chipmakers, which have pushed the PHLX Semiconductor Index higher by 1.7%. NVIDIA (NVDA 189.44, +9.41) is among the strongest semiconductor components (+5.2%) after Bank of America/Merrill Lynch raised the company's target price to $210 from $185.

In the industrial sector (+0.4%), aerospace and defense giant Northrop Grumman (NOC 272.69, +5.36) has climbed 2.1% after announcing its intent to acquire Orbital ATK (OA 132.30, +22.26) for $7.8 billion, or $134.50 per share, in cash. Separately, Dow component Caterpillar (CAT 123.57, +2.20) has climbed 1.8% after CAT shares were upgraded to 'Buy' from 'Neutral' at UBS.

On the flip side, the utilities (-1.0%), real estate (-0.7%), telecom services (-0.4%), and consumer discretionary (-0.2%) groups trade at the bottom of the sector standings. Nearly all of the consumer discretionary sector's components are trading in negative territory, including its most influential component Amazon (AMZN 981.68, -5.11).

Today's advance on Wall Street comes ahead of a two-day FOMC meeting, which will kick off Tuesday morning. The Fed isn't expected to raise interest rates, but it is expected to announce a start date for its balance sheet normalization process. The U.S. central bank will release its latest policy directive on Wednesday afternoon, followed by a press conference from Fed Chair Janet Yellen.

Also of note, President Trump made his U.N. debut this morning at the 72nd United Nations General Assembly in New York City.

Reviewing Monday's economic data, which was limited to the September NAHB Housing Market Index:

The NAHB Housing Market Index for September declined to 64 (Briefing.com consensus 67) from a revised reading of 67 (from 68) in August.

Dow: +71.82… | Nasdaq: +25.66… | S&P: +5.11…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1867/986. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1655/1222.

12:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks have been trending sideways this afternoon, leaving the major U.S. indices near their recent levels. The S&P 500 is up 0.2%.

Transports are lagging today, evidenced by the Dow Jones Transportation Average, which shows a loss of 0.2%. Airline names show particular weakness, with Alaska Air (ALK 73.13, -2.15) pacing the retreat, after Citigroup lowered its target price for ALK shares to $87 from $100 this morning. On the flip side, JB Hunt Transport (JBHT 102.79, +1.22) is the top performer, sporting a gain of 1.1%.

Still, the industrial sector, which houses transport names, trades ahead of the broader market (+0.4%). Northrop Grumman (NOC 272.69, +5.36) is one of the sector's strongest components after announcing its intent to acquire Orbital ATK (OA 132.55, +22.51) for $7.8 billion, or $134.50 per share, in cash.

Dow: +78.15… | Nasdaq: +27.66… | S&P: +5.77…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1867/999. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1637/1220.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue drifting near their recent levels moving into the afternoon session, with the S&P 500 sporting a gain of 0.3%.

The heavily-weighted financial sector has led today's modest rally, jumping another 0.8% to extend its seven-session advance to 5.0%. Given financials' important role in driving economic activity, the sector's recent outperformance has been an encouraging sign for the broader market. Citigroup (C 70.48, +1.44, +2.1%) is one of the strongest components within the sector, climbing to its highest mark in nearly a decade.

A steepening of the yield curve has also contributed to financials' positive performance today as it bodes well for lenders' net-interest margins. Treasuries are trading lower across the curve, but shorter-dated issues have held up a bit better than their longer-dated peers. The 2yr-yield is up one basis point at 1.39% while the 10-yr yield is up two basis points at 2.23%.

Dow: +77.45… | Nasdaq: +26.79… | S&P: +6.40…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1813/1029. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1641/1190.

11:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.4%) is on track to post its fifth-consecutive record high close and currently hovers at its best mark of the day.

Caterpillar (CAT 123.65, +2.28) is the strongest Dow component today, sporting a gain of 1.9%, after the company's shares were upgraded to 'Buy' from 'Neutral' at UBS. Today's advance places CAT at a new record high. Meanwhile, financial Dow components Goldman Sachs (GS 227.46, +2.24) and JPMorgan Chase (JPM 92.53, +0.91) also show notable strength, adding around 1.0% apiece.

At the opposite end of the Dow leaderboard, Walt Disney (DIS 98.14, -0.39) and Coca-Cola (KO 46.04, -0.14) underperform, showing losses of 0.3% apiece. A loss today would mark the third in a row for Coca-Cola.

Dow: +81.07… | Nasdaq: +28.06… | S&P: +7.20…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1864/963. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1709/1104.

11:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] All three major U.S. indices--the S&P 500 (+0.2%), the Nasdaq (+0.3%), and the Dow (+0.3%)--are trading at fresh record highs.

Chipmakers have exhibited relative strength so far today, evidenced by the PHLX Semiconductor Index, which is sporting a gain of 1.2%. NVIDIA (NVDA 187.51, +7.40) is among the strongest semiconductor components (+4.4%) after Bank of America/Merrill Lynch raised the company's target price to $210 from $185. Today's advance places NVDA shares at a new all-time high.

Meanwhile, the top-weighted technology sector (+0.2%), which houses semiconductor names, trades roughly in line with the broader market. Some of the sector's heaviest components by weight, including Apple (AAPL 159.46, -0.42), Facebook (FB 171.29, -0.35), and Alphabet (GOOGL 933.80, -1.49) are underperforming, showing losses of around 0.2% apiece.

In total, nine of the eleven sectors are currently trading in the green with utilities (-0.5%) and real estate (-0.2%) being the two laggards. The influential financial sector leads with a gain of 0.6%.

Dow: +72.12… | Nasdaq: +21.32… | S&P: +6.00…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1870/933. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1738/1042.

10:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day flat:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently -0.02% at 85.1787
Dollar index is flat at 91.87
Oct WTI crude is near flat on the day
Oct crude futures are -$0.20 at $49.69/barrel
In other energy, Oct natural gas rallied nicely, now +0.10% at $3.13/MMBtu
Metals are experiencing some weakness Dec gold has lost $10.30 and trades at $13.14.90/oz, while Sept silver has dropped $0.31 to $17.39/oz
Sept copper is down $0.0135 to $2.944/lb

Dow: +63.22… | Nasdaq: +25.04… | S&P: +6.21…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1896/785. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1841/901.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 sports a modest gain of 0.3%.

Just in, the NAHB Housing Market Index for September declined to 64 (Briefing.com consensus 67) from a revised reading of 67 (from 68) in August.

Dow: +66.83… | Nasdaq: +23.29… | S&P: +6.95…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1863/852. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1870/807.

09:45AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices opened Monday's session slightly higher. The Nasdaq is the strongest performer, sporting a gain of 0.3%.

More than half of the eleven sectors are trading in positive territory this morning, but gains have been limited with no group climbing more than 0.5%. The heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.5%) is one of the top performers, extending last week's advance. On the flip side, the utilities (-0.2%) space exhibits relative weakness.

In the bond market, Treasuries are trading modestly lower across the curve, sending the benchmark 10-yr yield one basis point higher to 2.22%. Today's only notable economic report--the September NAHB Housing Market Index (Briefing.com consensus 67)--will cross the wires shortly at 10:00 ET.

Dow: +48.72… | Nasdaq: +17.12… | S&P: +5.39…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1742/882. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1805/784.

09:11AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +5.90.

Investors are looking to extend last week's run to new record highs this morning, evidenced by the S&P 500 futures, which currently trade three points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

In corporate news, aerospace and defense giant Northrop Grumman (NOC 267.50, +0.47) announced its intent to acquire Orbital ATK (OA 131.95, +21.91) for $7.8 billion, or $134.50 per share, in cash. Including the assumption of debt, the total cost will be $9.2 billion. OA shares are trading higher by 19.9% in pre-market action.

Separately, Bloomberg reported that Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA 82.80, +0.30) might be planning a revised agreement to acquire Rite Aid (RAD 2.73, +0.10) that would appease regulators. RAD shares currently sport a gain of 3.8%. Also of note, Dow component Caterpillar (CAT 123.25, +1.88) is up 1.6% after CAT shares were upgraded to 'Buy' from 'Neutral' at UBS.

Looking ahead, the FOMC will kick off a two-day policy meeting tomorrow. The U.S. central bank isn't expected to raise rates, but it is expected to announce a start date for its balance sheet normalization process. Meanwhile, President Trump will make his U.N. debut with an address on Tuesday morning.

U.S. Treasuries are trading lower this morning--extending last week's losses--with the benchmark 10-yr yield climbing two basis points to 2.22%. Also of note, WTI crude is down 0.5% at $49.65/bbl, the U.S. Dollar Index (91.66, +0.01) is flat, and gold is down 0.8% at $1,314.68/ozt--which marks its lowest level of the month.

On the data front, today's lone economic report-- the September NAHB Housing Market Index (Briefing.com consensus 67)--will be released at 10:00 ET.

08:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +4.40.

The S&P 500 futures trade three points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region began the week on a higher note, but volume was a bit light due to a holiday in Japan. Overnight reports from Japan indicated Prime Minister Shinzo Abe may call a snap election for October after a recent rebound in his approval rating. Those reports were followed by speculation Mr. Abe will dissolve Diet after U.S. President Trump's visit to Japan in November. House Price data from China showed that property price growth slowed in August.

In economic data:
China's August House Prices +8.3% year-over-year (last 9.7%)
Singapore's August trade surplus SGD5.64 billion (last surplus of SGD5.72 billion). August Non-Oil Exports +4.5% month-over-month (expected 3.1%; last -3.3%); +17.0% year-over-year (consensus 11.8%; last 7.6%)
Australia's August New Motor Vehicle Sales 0.0% month-over-month (last -2.0%)
Hong Kong's August Unemployment Rate held at 3.1%

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei was closed for Respect for the Aged Day
Hong Kong's Hang Seng jumped 1.3%, approaching its 2015 high. Geely Automobile surged 7.7% while property names like China Resources Land, China Overseas, Henderson Land, New World Development, Sino Land, and Cheung Kong Property Holdings climbed between 1.3% and 7.2%.
China's Shanghai Composite added 0.3%. Gansu Ronghua Industry, Liaoning SG Automotive Group, Deluxe Family, Jojee Hi-Tech Industrial, and Hubei Yangfan Holding gained between 6.0% and 8.1%.
India's Sensex ended higher by 0.5% amid broad strength. Bajaj Auto, Larsen & Toubro, Cipla, Dr. Reddy's Labs, Hero MotoCorp, Tata Motors, and Asian Paints gained between 1.0% and 3.6%. Financials ended mostly higher as AIXS Bank, HDFC Bank, and ICICI Bank added between 0.2% and 1.2% while SBI lost 0.7%.

Major European indices trade on a modestly higher note. An opinion poll conducted by El Diario showed that 59.5% of respondents will vote in the October referendum and that 59.9% of those who plan to vote will support secession from Spain. Officials in Madrid maintain that the planned referendum is illegal. In the U.K., Top Brexit official, Oliver Robbins, has resigned. Standard & Poor's raised Portugal's rating to BBB- from BB+ with 'Stable' outlook.

In economic data:
Eurozone August CPI +0.3% month-over-month, as expected (last -0.5%); +1.5% year-over-year (last 1.5%). August core CPI +0.3% month-over-month (last -0.6%); +1.2% year-over-year (consensus 1.2%; last 1.2%)
Italy's July trade surplus EUR6.56 billion (expected surplus of EUR3.89 billion; last surplus of EUR4.50 billion)

---Equity Markets---

Germany's DAX is up 0.3% with roughly 2/3 of its components in the green. Growth-sensitive names like Infineon, Volkswagen, Siemens, BASF, and Lufthansa are up between 0.2% and 1.0%. Deutsche Bank has climbed 0.1%.
France's CAC is higher by 0.2%. STMicroelectronics, Solvay, Airbus, and Accor outperform with gains between 0.6% and 1.3%. Financials are mixed as Societe Generale adds 0.3%, BNP Paribas trades flat, and Credit Agricole is down 1.3%. Carrefour is the weakest performer, falling 1.3%.
UK's FTSE is up 0.4%, looking for its first advance in three days. Financials and select consumer stocks are among the leaders with Experian, Old Mutual, Hargreaves Lansdown, Compass, HSBC, Dixons Carphone, InterContinental Hotels, and Carnival sporting gains between 0.5% and 1.7%.
Spain's IBEX has climbed 0.4%. Acciona, Santander, BBVA, Banco Sabadell, Telefonica, Bankia, and Bankinter show gains between 0.2% and 0.9%.

08:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +6.90.

The S&P 500 futures trade four points, or 0.2%, above fair value.

This week's economic calendar is relatively light, but it does feature some notable housing data, including August Housing Starts (Briefing.com consensus 1.17 million)--which will be released on Tuesday--and August Existing Home Sales (Briefing.com consensus 5.42 million)--which will be released on Wednesday. As for today, the only notable piece of economic data is the September NAHB Housing Market Index (Briefing.com consensus 67)--which will cross the wires at 10:00 ET.

On the earnings front, investors will receive quarterly reports from several notable companies this week, including Adobe Systems (ADBE 154.49, 0.00), FedEx (FDX 214.00, -0.83), and AutoZone (AZO 568.58, -1.31) on Tuesday, General Mills (GIS 55.80, 0.00) on Wednesday, and CarMax (KMX 68.08, 0.00) on Friday.

08:01AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +10.60.

U.S. equities climbed to new record highs last week, leaving all three major indices with weekly gains of at least 1.4%. That bullish sentiment has survived a relatively uneventful weekend, putting Wall Street on track for a modestly higher Monday open. The S&P 500 futures currently trade four points, or 0.2%, above fair value.

The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) will kick off a two-day meeting tomorrow morning, the climax of which will take place on Wednesday afternoon when the Fed releases its latest policy statement. The market is not anticipating a rate hike, however, the U.S. central bank is expected to announce the start of a plan to gradually reduce its massive $4.5 trillion balance sheet.

President Trump will make his United Nations debut this week at the 72nd annual U.N. General Assembly in New York City. The president is scheduled to speak on Tuesday morning and is expected to address the escalating crisis between the U.S. and North Korea.

U.S. Treasuries have extended last week's sell off this morning, sending the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note one basis point higher to 2.21%. Last week, the 10-yr yield finished with a weekly gain of 14 basis points. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index (91.71, +0.06) currently trades just a tick above its unchanged mark.

In the crude oil futures market, WTI crude is down for the first time in five sessions, dropping 0.7% to $49.53/bbl. The commodity finished Friday's session with a weekly gain of 5.1%.

On the data front, today's lone economic report--the September NAHB Housing Market Index (Briefing.com consensus 67)--will be released at 10:00 ET.

In U.S. corporate news:

NVIDIA (NVDA 183.90, +3.79) +2.1% after the company's target price was raised to $210 from $185 at Bank of America/Merrill Lynch.
Orbital ATK (OA 131.70, +21.66): +19.7% after confirming a $9.2 billion deal to be acquired by Northrop Grumman (NOC 267.03, 0.00). Shareholders will receive $134.50 per share in cash.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region began the week on a higher note. Hong Kong's Hang Seng +1.3%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.3%, India's Sensex +0.5%. Japan's Nikkei was closed for Respect for the Aged Day.
In economic data:
China's August House Prices +8.3% year-over-year (last 9.7%)
Singapore's August trade surplus SGD5.64 billion (last surplus of SGD5.72 billion). August Non-Oil Exports +4.5% month-over-month (expected 3.1%; last -3.3%); +17.0% year-over-year (consensus 11.8%; last 7.6%)
Australia's August New Motor Vehicle Sales 0.0% month-over-month (last -2.0%)
Hong Kong's August Unemployment Rate held at 3.1%
In news:
Overnight reports from Japan indicated Prime Minister Shinzo Abe may call a snap election for October after a recent rebound in his approval rating. Those reports were followed by speculation Mr. Abe will dissolve Diet after U.S. President Trump's visit to Japan in November.
House Price data from China showed that property price growth slowed in August.

Major European indices trade on a modestly higher note. Germany's DAX +0.3%, France's CAC +0.3%, UK's FTSE +0.4%, Spain's IBEX +0.6%.
In economic data:
Eurozone August CPI +0.3% month-over-month, as expected (last -0.5%); +1.5% year-over-year (last 1.5%). August core CPI +0.3% month-over-month (last -0.6%); +1.2% year-over-year (consensus 1.2%; last 1.2%)
Italy's July trade surplus EUR6.56 billion (expected surplus of EUR3.89 billion; last surplus of EUR4.50 billion)
In news:
An opinion poll conducted by El Diario showed that 59.5% of respondents will vote in the October referendum and that 59.9% of those who plan to vote will support secession from Spain. Officials in Madrid maintain that the planned referendum is illegal.
In the U.K., Top Brexit official, Oliver Robbins, has resigned.
Standard & Poor's raised Portugal's rating to BBB- from BB+ with 'Stable' outlook.

05:56AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +12.30.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei

...Holiday......... Hang Seng

...28160...+352.20

...+1.30%

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE

...7244.93...+29.50

...+0.40%

DAX...12588.43...+69.60...+0.60%

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links will be useful for you. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com