TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: September 12th Tuesday Trade Results - No Trades
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:29 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Quote:
No trades today for me...busy getting my kids new passports to travel with me next summer.

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini RTY ($RTY_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $0.00 dollars

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis.

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $5.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log: All of my live trades are posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review. The live trade is posted 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=171&t=2645

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum. Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post your brokerage statements in your private thread for security reasons. TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps and many different types of social media software can be used to log in. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing trouble makers so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell. TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=327&t=3486 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
091217-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
091217-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1007.01 KiB | Viewed 231 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:20PM ET
Dow: +61.49… | Nasdaq: +22.02… | S&P: +8.37…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.74 bln… Adv: 1684… Dec: 1051…
NYSE Vol: 767.3 mln… Adv: 1848… Dec: 1049…

Moving the Market

Continued buying momentum following Monday's rally to new record highs

Apple (AAPL) in focus amid its much-anticipated product event

Sector Watch
Strong: Financials, Industrials, Energy, Materials, Telecom Services
Weak: Technology, Consumer Staples, Utilities, Real Estate
04:20PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks moved higher for the second day in a row on Tuesday, but conviction was much more subdued than it was on Monday when the major averages rose over 1.0% apiece. The S&P 500 climbed 0.3% to notch its second record-high close of the week, while the Nasdaq (+0.3%) and the Dow (+0.3%) each managed to notch their first. Small caps outperformed, sending the Russell 2000 higher by 0.6%.

The biggest event of the day was Apple's (AAPL 160.82, -0.68) annual product unveiling, in which the tech giant showed off three new iPhones, including the iPhone 8, the iPhone 8 Plus, and the high-end iPhone X--which CEO Tim Cook called "the biggest leap forward since the original iPhone." Apple also introduced a new 4K Apple TV and its Apple Watch Series 3, which is the first series to include LTE-capability, allowing users to make phone calls and stream music without hauling a phone.

On the whole, the product event provided little new information as many of the details had been leaked to the public beforehand. Nonetheless, Apple shares were volatile following the event's afternoon kick off, first surging from their flat line to a new session high ($163.96/share, +1.5%) and then dropping sharply to a new session low ($158.77/share, -1.7%). In the end, AAPL shares finished lower by 0.4%.

Unsurprisingly, the top-weighted technology sector--and the broader market to some degree--mimicked Apple's volatility as the company is the largest component by market cap within the sector (and the S&P 500 in general). The tech group ended Tuesday's session a tick above its flat line (+0.1%), but held a gain of 0.4% at its best mark of the day and a loss of 0.4% at its worst.

Conversely, the influential financial space (+1.2%) proved to be pillar of strength on Tuesday, settling comfortably above the broader market for the second time this week. The sector benefited from a curve-steepening trade within the Treasury market, which sold off once again as investors dialed up their appetite for more risky assets--like equities. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note climbed five basis points to 2.17%, hitting its best level in over a week, while the 2-yr yield ticked up just two basis points to 1.33%.

Like financials, the lightly-weighted telecom services space (+1.4%) comfortably outperformed the broader market, but the remaining advancers finished with more modest gains, raging from 0.1% to 0.8%. The consumer discretionary sector settled in the middle of said range (+0.4%), overcoming a disappointing performance from McDonald's (MCD 156.33, -5.20), which tumbled 3.2% on the heels of some cautious commentary from market research firm M Science.

At the opposite end of the sector standings, the rate-sensitive utilities and real estate sectors struggled amid the increase in interest rates. The two groups were the only sectors to finish Tuesday in the red, registering sizable losses of 1.8% and 1.2%, respectively.

Reviewing Tuesday's economic data, which was limited to the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) for July:

The July Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey showed that job openings increased to 6.170 million from a revised 6.116 million (from 6.163 million) in June.

On Wednesday, investors will receive several economic reports, including the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index at 7:00 ET, the August Producer Price Index (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) at 8:30 ET, and the August Treasury Budget at 14:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +19.9% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +11.9% YTD
S&P 500 +11.5% YTD
Russell 2000 +4.9% YTD

Dow: +61.49… | Nasdaq: +22.02… | S&P: +8.37…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1684/1051. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1848/1049.

03:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day slightly lower:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down 0.1% at 84.7970
Dollar index is currently up 0.05% at 91.92.
Oct WTI crude is higher on the day.
Futures settled up $0.16 to $48.22/barrel.
In other energy, Oct natural gas is noticeably higher.
Futures settled $0.05 at $3.00/MMBtu
On to metals:
Dec gold lost $3.00 to settle at $1332.70/oz, while Sept silver dropped $0.24 to $17.89/oz
Sept copper lost $0.03 to $3.04/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn is $0.06 lower at $3.52/bu.
Nov soy is down $0.10 at $9.51/bu.
Dec wheat is higher $0.07 at $4.42/bu.

Dow: +259.58… | Nasdaq: +10.61… | S&P: +5.94…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1710/1079. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1846/1046.

03:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (+0.2%) is on track to post its second-consecutive record close moving into the final stretch.

Apple (AAPL 160.13, -1.32) has been volatile this afternoon, taking the top-weighted technology sector (-0.3%) with it, as investors digest its annual product event, which kicked off at 1:00 pm ET. AAPL shares were hovering around their flat line going into the event, then moved notably higher, hitting a gain of 1.5%. However, the company has been trending downward in recent action and currently shows a loss of 1.4%.

The broader market has been able to stay afloat, however, despite the tech sector's underperformance, thanks in large part to the heavily-weighted financial sector, which is up 1.3%.
Dow: +47.21… | Nasdaq: +4.06… | S&P: +5.12…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1706/1088. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1842/1045.

02:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 has ticked down slightly since the last update, trimming its gain to 0.2%.

Transports have put together a relatively strong performance today, evidenced by the Dow Jones Transportation Average, which is currently trading higher by 0.6%. Nearly all of the DJTA's 20 components are currently trading in the green with JetBlue Airways (JBLU 19.68, +0.31) pacing the advance (+1.7%), followed closely by FedEx (FDX 215.62, +3.22), which is up 1.5%.

On the flip side, railroad names are showing relative weakness with companies like CSX (CSX 52.00, -0.07) and KC Southern (KSU 105.95, -0.09) showing losses of 0.1%.
Dow: +56.10… | Nasdaq: +12.56… | S&P: +5.42…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1747/1063. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1861/1014.

01:55PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are hovering near their best marks of the day as Apple (AAPL 163.45, +1.98) continues its much-anticipated product event. The S&P 500 is up 0.3%.

So far, Apple has announced its Apple Watch Series 3, which is the first series to include LTE-capability, allowing users to make phone calls and stream music without hauling a phone. In addition, the company has also unveiled a new 4K Apple TV. Both of these products were expected, but, nonetheless, AAPL shares have been on the climb since the announcements.

The tech giant currently holds a gain of 1.0% after hovering around its unchanged mark going into the product event. Unsurprisingly, the top-weighted technology sector (+0.3%) has been moving higher in tandem with Apple and currently trades near its best mark of the day.
Dow: +65.06… | Nasdaq: +20.87… | S&P: +7.05…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1773/1051. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1874/996.

01:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have seen modest buying activity in recent trading as stocks look poised to retest their session highs.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Goldman Sachs (GS 227.13, +6.07), Pfizer (PFE 35.21, +0.89), & Intel (INTC 36.31, +0.54) are outperforming. Goldman is leading the Dow following this morning's presentation at the Barclays Global Financial Services Conference. Apple (AAPL 162.67, +1.17) is fractionally higher amid its annual product event currently ongoing.

Conversely, McDonald's (MCD 156.45, -5.08) is the worst performing Dow component following cautious commentary from market research firm M Science.

For the week, the DJIA is currently up 1.52%.

Elsewhere, at the top of the hour, the Treasury's $20 bln 10-year auction (reopening) drew a high yield of 2.18% on a bid-to-cover of 2.28.
Dow: +62.82… | Nasdaq: +14.80… | S&P: +7.06…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1774/1026. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1869/976.

01:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] U.S. equities have extended Monday's rally in the first half of Tuesday's session, sending the S&P 500 to a new all-time high (2,495.73). The Dow and the Nasdaq are trading roughly in line with the benchmark index, which is currently hovering near its opening level, up 0.3%. Meanwhile, small caps outperform, evidenced by the Russell 2000 (+0.6%).

All eyes are on Apple (AAPL 161.11, -0.38) this afternoon as investors prepare for its latest product event--in which the company is expected to unveil its latest iPhone lineup, including the iPhone 8, the iPhone 8 Plus, and the much anticipated high-end iPhone X. Apple is the largest company in the S&P 500 by market cap and has rallied 38.9% so far this year, thanks in part to the hype surrounding the so-called iPhone X. The product event will kick off shortly at 1:00 pm ET.

The top-weighted technology sector (unch) is in wait-and-see mode ahead of Apple's big event, hovering near its unchanged mark. However, the second-heaviest sector--financials (+1.2%)--has extended yesterday's bounce-back performance today, helping the broader market overcome the technology sector's neutral performance. After a slow start to September, today's advance places the financial space in positive territory for the month (+0.5% MTD).

A steepening of the yield curve, which bodes well for lenders' net-interest margins, has helped bolster the financial group today. Treasuries are lower across the curve, pushing yields up from the multi-month lows they hit last week. The 10-yr yield is up three basis points at 2.16%, extending its weekly gain to ten basis points, while the 2-yr yield is up just one basis point at 1.33%.

In total, seven of the eleven sectors are trading in the green. In addition to financials, the telecom services space (+1.6%) exhibits notable strength, but the remaining advancers hold more modest gains, ranging from 0.1% to 0.7%. The consumer discretionary space (+0.5%) has managed to advance today despite a negative performance from Dow component McDonald's (MCD 156.08, -5.45), which has dropped 3.4% following a below-consensus sales forecast from equity research firm M Science.

On the flip side, the lightly-weighted utilities (-1.5%) and real estate (-1.0%) groups are the weakest sectors, trading far below the other laggards--technology and health care--which hold losses of no more than 0.1%. Within the health care sector, Pfizer (PFE 35.28, +0.96) exhibits notable strength, moving higher by 2.8%.

Reviewing Tuesday's economic data, which was limited to the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) for July:

The July Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey showed that job openings increased to 6.170 million from a revised 6.116 million (from 6.163 million) in June.

Dow: +58.46… | Nasdaq: +12.24… | S&P: +6.72…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1740/1053. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1879/950.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have not deviated much since the last update, with the benchmark S&P 500 continuing to drift around 0.2% above its unchanged mark.

Inflation appears to be on the rise in the UK following the country's latest CPI reading, which showed that consumer prices increased by 0.6% in the month of August to 2.9% year-over-year. The August CPI reading will certainly factor into the Bank of England's latest policy decision, which will cross the wires on Thursday morning. The pound is currently up 0.9% against the U.S. dollar at 1.3278, hitting its highest level in a year, while the yield on the UK's 10-yr Gilt is up nine basis points at 1.13%. As for equities, the UK's FTSE ended Tuesday's session lower by 0.2%.

The U.S. CPI reading for August (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) will cross the wires on Thursday morning and will be preceded by the August PPI reading (Briefing.com consensus 0.3%), which will be released tomorrow morning at 8:30 ET.
Dow: +62.25… | Nasdaq: +10.46… | S&P: +5.95…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1741/1032. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1842/974.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue trending sideways moving into the afternoon session, with the S&P 500 sporting a modest gain of 0.2%.

Six of the eleven sectors are currently trading in positive territory with gains ranging from 0.2% to 1.2%. The telecom services sector has been the strongest sector thus far, climbing 1.2%, but the financial space (+1.1%) has had more of a bullish influence on the broader market given its ranking as the second-biggest sector by weight. On the flip side, the lightly-weighted utilities (-1.2%) and real estate (-0.9%) groups are the weakest sectors, trading far below the other laggards--technology, health care, and consumer staples--which hold losses of no more than 0.1%.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries are drifting near their session lows in what has been a curve-steepening trade thus far. The yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note is currently up three basis points at 2.17%, which marks its highest level in over a week, while the 2-yr yield is up just one basis point at 1.33%.
Dow: +66.66… | Nasdaq: +6.68… | S&P: +5.46…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1727/1063. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1839/958.

11:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue to hover near their recent levels with the Dow (+0.3%) holding a slight edge over the S&P 500 (+0.2%).

Within the Dow, most of the 30 components are trading in positive territory. Pfizer (PFE 35.08, +0.76) sports the largest gain (+2.2%), pursuing its third-consecutive advance, with Goldman Sachs (GS 225.42, +4.29) coming in as a close second (+2.0%). However, the two companies' respective sectors--health care (-0.1%) and financials (+0.8%)--trade mixed, hovering at opposite ends of the leaderboard.

On the downside, McDonald's (MCD 156.72, -4.82) is the weakest company within the Dow, dropping 3.1% to challenge its 50-day simple moving average (156.62), which has acted as a key area of support since the U.S. presidential election. Today's weakness follows a below-consensus sales forecast from equity research firm M Science.
Dow: +52.13… | Nasdaq: +3.08… | S&P: +3.35…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1656/1134. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1707/1061.

11:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has ticked down since the opening bell, but the benchmark S&P 500 is still trading in the green (+0.1%). The Dow shows relative strength, up 0.2%, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq shows relative weakness, hovering right at its unchanged mark.

Apple (AAPL 160.86, -0.64) opened today's session with a gain of around 0.8%, but immediately dropped into the red, and currently shows a loss of 0.4%. The tech titan will kick off its latest product event this afternoon at 1:00 pm ET, where it is expected to unveil a much anticipated high-end iPhone--reportedly called iPhone X. The company has had an impressive run so far this year, jumping 39.0%.

The top-weighted technology sector (-0.1%) is currently hovering a tick below its unchanged mark, holding the broader market's gain in check.
Dow: +45.81… | Nasdaq: +2.75… | S&P: +3.45…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1621/1121. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1692/1053.

10:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day slightly higher:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up 0.14% at 85.0068
Dollar index is up 0.02% at 91.90.
Oct WTI crude is higher on the day.
Futures are $0.12 higher to $48.19/barrel.
In other energy, Oct natural gas futures surge as near term weather looks to be warm following hurricane Irma
Futures are up $0.082 at $3.032/MMBtu
Mixed results in metals:
Dec gold has lost $3.30 and trades at $1332.40/oz, while Sept silver is up $0.002 to $17.90/oz
Sept copper is down $0.034 to $3.032/lb
Finally, agriculture:
Dec corn is $0.035 lower at $3.54/bu.
Nov soy is up $0.02 at $92.62/bu.
Dec wheat is flat at $4.3475/bu.

Dow: +259.58… | Nasdaq: +4.48… | S&P: +3.97…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1645/1079. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1762/952.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 hovers near its opening level, sporting a gain of 0.2%.

Just in, the July Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey showed that job openings increased to 6.170 million from a revised 6.116 million (from 6.163 million) in June.
Dow: +67.58… | Nasdaq: +5.62… | S&P: +5.49…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1554/1085. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1728/885.

09:45AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices opened Tuesday's session in positive territory and currently show gains of around 0.3% apiece.

Most sectors are trading higher in early action, with gains ranging from 0.1% to 1.0%. The materials sector (+1.0%) is currently the top performer, followed closely by the heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.9%), which settled Monday's session at the very top of the leaderboard. On the flip side, the real estate (-0.2%), utilities (-0.4%), and health care (unch) groups are the weakest performers.

In the bond market, Treasuries have moved a bit deeper into the red this morning, with the yield on the benchmark 10-yr Treasury note climbing to 2.16%--three basis points above Monday's closing level. Today's lone economic report--the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) for July--will be released at 10:00 ET, but it's not expected to have much impact on sovereign debt.
Dow: +69.58… | Nasdaq: +18.66… | S&P: +7.30…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1615/910. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1665/881.

09:17AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +14.60.

Buyers are looking to pick up where they left off yesterday, which ended with a record-high close for the S&P 500--its first since August 7. The benchmark index looks poised to open today's session about 0.1% above its flat line as the S&P 500 futures currently trade four points above fair value.

Apple (AAPL 162.75, +1.25), the largest company by market cap in the S&P 500, is expected to unveil its latest iPhone lineup today, which will reportedly feature the iPhone 8, the iPhone 8 Plus, and the much anticipated high-end iPhone X. The product event, which is scheduled to kick off at 1:00 pm ET, is also likely to feature a new Apple Watch and a 4K Apple TV, among other new tech devices.

In geopolitics, the UN Security Council unanimously voted to impose new sanctions on North Korea last night following last week's nuclear test--which was Pyongyang's most powerful to date. The sanctions will put a cap on the country's oil imports and block its textile exports.

Asian indices closed Tuesday higher across the board with Japan's Nikkei being the top performer (+1.2%). Meanwhile, in Europe, the major bourses are mixed with the UK's FTSE showing relative weakness (-0.3%) following a hotter-than-expected August CPI reading--which showed a year-over-year increase of 2.9% (consensus +2.8%).

The CPI reading prompts investors to dial up their rate-hike expectations just two days ahead of the Bank of England's latest policy decision. The pound is currently up 0.7% against the U.S. dollar at 1.3253.

Back in the U.S., Treasuries are on track to post losses for the second day in a row as investors continue to dump safe-haven assets following last week's risk-off positioning. The benchmark 10-yr yield is up two basis points at 2.15%, which is ten basis points above where it settled on Friday.

On the data front, today's lone economic report--the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) for July--will be released at 10:00 ET.

08:50AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +13.40.

The S&P 500 futures trade three points, or 0.1%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a higher note, continuing their advance from Monday. The U.N. Security Council voted overnight to implement a stronger set of sanctions against North Korea, banning all textile exports. The approval rating of Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's cabinet increased by eight percentage points to 50.0%, according to Yomiuri.

In economic data:
Australia's August NAB Business Survey 15 (last 15) and NAB Business Confidence 5 (last 12)
South Korea's July M2 Money Supply 6.7% (last 7.1%)
Singapore's July Retail Sales +3.0% month-over-month (last -0.4%); +1.8% year-over-year (consensus 1.5%; last 2.0%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei rose 1.2%. Japan Steel Works surged 16.5% after shutting down a blast furnace for repairs. Fast Retailing, Yokohama Rubber, SUMCO, DeNA, Tokio Marine Holdings, TDK, Fanuc, Honda Motor, J Front Retailing, and TOTO gained between 2.1% and 4.5%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng added 0.1%. Geely Automobile surged 6.1% amid reports the company is considering a joint venture with JSW Group. Financials like Hang Seng Bank, HSBC, China Life Insurance, and Ping An Insurance rose between 0.3% and 0.9%. On the downside, Hengan International Group was the weakest performer, falling 2.8%.
China's Shanghai Composite edged up 0.1%. Kailuan Energy Chemical, Neusoft, KPC Pharmaceuticals, China National Software & Service, and Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group climbed between 5.1% and 7.3%.
India's Sensex gained 0.9% amid broad strength. GAIL spiked 4.0% while Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Hindustan Unilever, Mahindra&Mahindra, Asian Paints, Larsen & Toubro, and Tata Consultancy added between 0.9% and 3.3%. Wipro was the weakest performer, falling 1.0%.

Major European indices trade mostly higher while the euro is off 0.1% against the dollar at 1.1936. The British parliament voted against the Labour-proposed bill that would have blocked Brexit proceedings. Inflation data from the UK was hotter than expected with the Bank of England set to announce its next policy move on Thursday. French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said France plans to meet the 3.0% deficit/GDP target. In Italy, the three largest opposition parties support creating a parallel currency after next year's elections.

In economic data:
UK's August CPI +0.6% month-over-month (expected 0.5%; last -0.1%); +2.9% year-over-year (consensus 2.8%; last 2.6%). August Core CPI +2.7% year-over-year (expected 2.5%; last 2.4%). August Input PPI +1.6% month-over-month (expected 1.3%; last -0.2%) and Output PPI +0.4% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 0.1%). August RPI +0.7% month-over-month (expected 0.5%; last 0.2%)
France's Q2 Nonfarm Payrolls +0.4% quarter-over-quarter (expected 0.5%; last 0.5%)
Italy's Unemployment Rate 11.2% (expected 11.3%; last 11.6%)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE is down 0.2% with homebuilders and other consumer names on the defensive. Taylor Wimpey, Persimmon, and Barratt Developments are down between 1.5% and 1.7% while British American Tobacco, Morrison Supermarkets, Intercontinental Hotels, Carnival, and Imperial Brands show losses between 0.6% and 1.6%. On the upside, financials like Barclays, RBS, Lloyds Banking, Prudential, and Provident Financial are up between 0.6% and 2.9%.
Germany's DAX is higher by 0.6% with financials in the lead. Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank hold respective gains of 3.6% and 3.0%. Other heavyweights like Volkswagen, Bayer, BMW, Daimler, BASF, and Continental have added between 0.5% and 2.1%.
France's CAC is up 0.7%. Automakers Peugeot and Renault hold respective gains of 3.4% and 2.2% while financials like BNP Paribas, Societe Generale, AXA, and Credit Agricole have risen between 1.3% and 2.5%.

08:30AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +17.60.

The S&P 500 futures are currently trading four points, or 0.2%, above fair value.

Investors were anticipating that North Korea would celebrate the 69th anniversary of its founding with a missile launch last weekend, but Pyongyang showed restraint, opting to throw a party for the scientists involved in last week's nuclear test instead. However, the United Nations Security Council unanimously voted to impose new sanctions on North Korea last night, which may stir the geopolitical pot once again.

In an attempt to curb North Korea's nuclear weapons program, the U.N. sanctions restrict oil imports and ban textile exports.

08:00AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +19.10.

The S&P 500 settled Monday at a new all-time high, underpinned by a weaker-than-expected Hurricane Irma and a show of restraint from North Korea--which, contrary to expectations, decided against a weekend missile launch. Investors look eager to add to yesterday's gains this morning ahead of Apple's (AAPL 162.82, +1.32) latest product event, pushing the S&P 500 futures five points, or 0.2%, above fair value.

Apple CEO Tim Cook will take the stage at the newly constructed Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California today to unveil the company's new iPhone lineup, which is expected to include three handsets--the iPhone 8, the iPhone 8 Plus, and the much anticipated high-end iPhone X. In addition, Apple is expected to introduce several other items, including a new Apple Watch and a 4K Apple TV. The product event will kick off at 1:00 pm ET.

Equity markets around the globe are trading mostly higher this morning, but the UK's FTSE (-0.2%) is exhibiting some weakness following a hotter-than-expected August CPI reading--which showed a year-over-year increase of 2.9% (consensus +2.8%), forcing investors to dial up their rate-hike expectations just two days ahead of the Bank of England's latest policy decision. The pound is currently up 0.8% against the U.S. dollar at 1.3266.

Back in the U.S., Treasuries are trading lower for the second day in a row as investors continue to unwind last week's risk-off moves. The benchmark 10-yr yield is up three basis points at 2.15%. Meanwhile, other safe-haven assets are also down, including gold ($1,329.70, -0.5%) and the Japanese yen, which has dropped 0.4% against the U.S. dollar to 109.85.

On the data front, today's lone economic report--the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) for July--will be released at 10:00 ET.

In U.S. corporate news:

DowDuPont (DWDP 68.30, +1.45): +2.2% after the company was added to the US 1 List at Bank of America/Merrill Lynch.
Western Digital (WDC 89.01, +1.63): +1.9% following reports that the company is in talks to buy Toshiba's semiconductor business.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a higher note, continuing their advance from Monday. Japan's Nikkei +1.2%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.1%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.1%, India's Sensex +0.9%.
In economic data:
Australia's August NAB Business Survey 15 (last 15) and NAB Business Confidence 5 (last 12)
South Korea's July M2 Money Supply 6.7% (last 7.1%)
Singapore's July Retail Sales +3.0% month-over-month (last -0.4%); +1.8% year-over-year (consensus 1.5%; last 2.0%)
In news:
The U.N. Security Council voted overnight to implement a stronger set of sanctions against North Korea, banning all textile exports.
The approval rating of Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's cabinet increased by eight percentage points to 50.0%, according to Yomiuri.

Major European indices trade mostly higher while the euro is off 0.2% against the dollar at 1.1932. UK's FTSE -0.2%, Germany's DAX +0.6%, France's CAC +0.7%.
In economic data:
UK's August CPI +0.6% month-over-month (expected 0.5%; last -0.1%); +2.9% year-over-year (consensus 2.8%; last 2.6%). August Core CPI +2.7% year-over-year (expected 2.5%; last 2.4%). August Input PPI +1.6% month-over-month (expected 1.3%; last -0.2%) and Output PPI +0.4% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 0.1%). August RPI +0.7% month-over-month (expected 0.5%; last 0.2%)
France's Q2 Nonfarm Payrolls +0.4% quarter-over-quarter (expected 0.5%; last 0.5%)
Italy's Unemployment Rate 11.2% (expected 11.3%; last 11.6%)
In news:
The British parliament voted against the Labour-proposed bill that would have blocked Brexit proceedings.
Inflation data from the UK was hotter than expected with the Bank of England set to announce its next policy move on Thursday.
French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said France plans to meet the 3.0% deficit/GDP target.
In Italy, the three largest opposition parties support creating a parallel currency after next year's elections.

06:05AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +13.00.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...19,776.62...+230.90...+1.20%. Hang Seng...27,972.24...+17.10...+0.10%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7,400.96...-13.40...-0.20%. DAX...12,538.02...+63.40...+0.50%.

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The U.S. equity market kicked off the week with a solid bounce-back performance that reclaimed all of last week's decline and sent the S&P 500 (+1.1%) to a new all-time high. Investors happily dialed back their estimates for damages related to Hurricane Irma--which was downgraded to a tropical storm on Monday morning--and cheered a show of restraint from North Korea. The Nasdaq (+1.1%), the Dow (+1.2%), and the small-cap Russell 2000 (+1.1%) settled roughly in line with the benchmark index.

Irma made landfall in the Florida Keys on Sunday morning as a Category 4 hurricane, but the once historically powerful storm quickly petered out, falling to a Category 2 storm by the mid-afternoon. Millions of Florida residents are still without power and Jacksonville--Florida's most populous city--is experiencing substantial flooding, but the storm ultimately did far less damage than forecasts were predicting.

The prospect of fewer-than-expected hurricane related claims underpinned insurers like Travelers (TRV 122.56, +2.80) on Monday, helping the heavily-weighted financial sector (+1.7%) finish at the top of the sector standings. Meanwhile, home-improvement retailers like Home Depot (HD 158.37, -1.29) struggled, leaving the consumer discretionary sector (+0.5%) near the bottom of the sector standings, as investors curtailed their expectations for home-repair demand.

A tempering of geopolitical concerns related to North Korea also fed into Monday's bullish bias after the hermit nation proved analysts wrong over the weekend, deciding to celebrate the 69th anniversary of its founding without another long-range missile launch. The tranquility may prove to be short-lived, however, as the U.N. is expected to vote on further sanctions against Pyongyang on Monday evening.

Each of the eleven sectors settled Monday's session in the green, but gains varied pretty widely. In addition to financials, the technology (+1.5%) and materials (+1.4%) sectors outperformed. Within the tech group, Apple (AAPL 161.50, +2.87) showed relative strength, climbing 1.8%, ahead of Tuesday's product event, in which the company is expected to unveil its latest iPhone lineup, including the high-end iPhone X--which is reportedly the much-anticipated tenth anniversary edition that's been generating buzz for months.

Chipmakers also had a solid showing on Monday, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index higher by 2.0% and into positive territory for the month (+0.1%).

Most other sectors finished with gains between 0.7% and 1.0%, but the lightly-weighted telecom services space underperformed, climbing higher by just 0.4%. Following today's relatively disappointing performance, the telecom services space now holds a month-to-date loss of 4.1% and trades at the very bottom of the 2017 sector standings with a year-to-date loss of 14.9%. The energy sector is the only other space trading in the red for the year (-14.1%).

Biotechnology stocks also struggled on Monday, evidenced by the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 334.41, +0.31), which settled just a tick above its flat line. However, the influential health care sector, which houses biotech names, held up relatively well (+0.8%), extending its month-to-date gain to 2.3%.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries sold off across the curve, pushing yields above the multi-month lows that they hit last week. The benchmark 10-yr climbed six basis points to 2.12% after falling to its lowest level since November on Thursday.

Meanwhile, U.S. dollar climbed 1.5% against the Japanese yen (109.47), which is considered a safe-haven asset, and the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 10.81, -1.31) tumbled 10.8%.

Investors didn't receive any economic data on Monday. Tuesday's lone economic report--the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) for July--will be released at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +19.5% YTD
S&P 500 +11.1% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +11.6% YTD
Russell 2000 +4.3% YTD

Dow: +259.58… | Nasdaq: +72.07… | S&P: +26.68…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1691/885. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2319/627.

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links will be useful for you. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com